Review of A Place for Mom

Tel: 866-344-1951
content@aplaceformom.com

karenb888
2/15/19

Using the money of companies and basically stealing! They charge companies for placements that are not place by the company. If families click their website but don't use their services they still charge the community if the family moves in.

karenu27
2/9/19

Michelle was extremely helpful during a very stressful time for our family. She reached out to help us with our search and patiently adapted to our many changes in location and needs. I learned so much through this difficult process thanks to Michelle's knowledge and suggestions.

micheler113
2/2/19

Nichole did a great job assisting me with locating options within my price range. She followed up with me regularly to confirm I had no questions or help if I needed it

lindav148
2/2/19

Great experience found my mom the nicest & affordable place in Suwannee Linwood estates; brand new facility gorgeous

pattir44
2/2/19

I was referred to a Place for Mom from a friend, and I started out really liking the rep I was working with. I felt she was helpful in sending me places based on the specifications I gave her. But I was clear from the start that this could be a long process and we didn't have an exact timeline to move on anything. There were a few times she sent more places to me outside of the area I said we were looking, without asking me, which opened up the floodgates of phone calls and emails. This was extremely frustrating. I had to ask her several times to stop sending me places unless she checked with me first. If you need to find a place quickly, this might be the service for you, but if you aren't in a rush and just want to start looking at places, I'm not sure this is the service to use.

lindaf516
2/2/19

When I first contacted A Place for Mom it turned out that I didn't need them. However, they didn't forget about us and would contact me every so often. Then they contacted me when I was looking for an assisted living facility for my mom, and they helped me find a really nice assisted living facility for mom. Extremely happy!!!!!

anonymousa469
2/2/19

Specialist is fantastic, helpful suggestions, reached out to the facility, assisted in improvements!

cv48
2/2/19

Our mom was able to get assistance she needed with her age and medical-related issues. Move in and associated paperwork was handled smoothly and promptly. Caregivers and other professionals were always attentive and caring in taking care of their duties. Staff coordinated well with the family and outside medical staff.

johnc1995
1/31/19

I was desperate to quickly find a great place for my Mom and "A place for Mom" was a God Send!! They listened carefully to what I needed for my Mom and responded immediately with places that would meet her needs. Within a week I had my Mom in her new assisted living home and she has never been happier! Thank You for your help and guidance during this process. You all are Fantastic!!

dianew225
1/31/19

The specialist was fantastic! She gave me helpful suggestions for Dad's care and helped determine what type of housing would be best for him. She scheduled tours and we found Dad the perfect place within days. I could never have done this without their help. I'm so grateful!

garyn112
1/31/19

I had to find a place for my mom in a short amount of time. I was greeted by an extremely friendly and helpful man who explained the entire process to me. He assessed my needs and quickly jumped into action trying to find the perfect fit for my mom and our family. He bent over backwards to try to get us a solution in one day flat. He followed up repeatedly to makes sure we were finding what we needed or whether he could be of any further help. He never harassed or pressured us. And he constantly checked in to make sure I was understanding the challenges that lay before me. He followed up when places he thought were good fits did not present as they had promised to rectify their recommendations going forward.

This could not have gone any better.

priscillaa29
1/31/19

I will admit it wasn't an easy decision to give up my home of 24-years. It was even more difficult to keep calling on neighbors to help me get up after another fall. The last tumble helped make my choice. I did some online research, created a list of questions and began touring. It took four Centers before I found my current home. When I walked through the front door I felt welcomed, an immediate warmth. Everyone greeted me with a smile and kind word. I filled out an application form that day and I'm delighted I did.

If the responsibilities of caring for your home, cooking, shopping, fear of falling or perhaps you live alone, you don't have to. Drop by the Renaissance-Sherman on Loy Lake Rd, in Sherman, Tx. and have lunch with me. Loneliness will be a thing of the past. You'll meet and enjoy new friends almost daily. The days are filled with activities if you want to join them. Looking back I wonder what took me so long to get here. I hope you will too.

Even my Yorkie enjoys her new home. She's spotted squirrel in the treetops.

wendip6

Super knowledgeable
Very caring and understanding
Very communicative
Coordinated scheduled visits
Would recommend for all seeking this type of assistance

carols619
1/31/19

I called A Place for Mom as I did not know where to start finding a place for mom. The only holdback was mom not wanting to move. Someone called several times during the year to see if we were ready. It was because of this continuous contact that A Place for Mom found us a home for mom. From her apartment to hospital to her new home. Perfect timing! Large room with her own bathroom she loves. Great work ladies and thanks for all your help and understanding.

sheilab162
1/31/19

The place for mom have been working to fulfill my mother in law needs for a quite long time. The offered me many choices according with my location preferences and budget. Always they follow up with a call or an email to make sure that they were able to help.
We finally selected a senior community apartment in downtown Baltimore. Just recent remodeled, excellent price with utilities included and close to all the downtown Baltimore amenities and public transportation.

Thank you very much!

jocelynd17
1/31/19

Almost immediately got a call and some recommendations for a place that seemed to meet our criteria..It was perfect!

erikas85
1/31/19

A Place for Mom provided a great resource that did all the legwork for me. Once they narrowed down the search based on my criteria for my mom, I had a list of just 6-7 places to visit. We ended up with an amazing community for my mom and she is very happy there. Thanks so much for making the search much easier for me!

karih39
1/31/19

The appointments were all set up for us at locations filling our wants list. We were able to locate a new place for mom within 4 days of interviews. Mom was able to get moved in right away and they took care of her every need. As a gift to mom they had her hair done at the local salon. She felt very pampered every single day she was there. Unfortunately mom passed away soon after getting moved in. We feel very grateful that her last days were filled with love, care and simply pampered. "No more cooking, no more cleaning" She loved it.

teresai15
1/30/19

I was given many inappropriate places to check out for my parents, when I had been very specific about their needs. I had appointments made for me at places I would never have considered. I was told there was "nothing" in Auburn, but I found three places myself. An employee at one of the inappropriate places was hugely helpful to me, he gave me the names of about 6 places to call, all of them were right in line with what I was seeking, even he knew his place was wrong before we even spoke.

peterf227
1/25/19

The list of facilities in Southern Indiana is endless, and trying to distinguish the good from the horrendous is daunting. Our opinions of senior living are likely somewhat negative, unless we have seen the slick TV and magazine ads for chic senior resorts for the wealthy. It is the other kind of facility we fear, and not knowing the quality and the huge price tags, and lists of expensive service levels, and all these considerations we neither know nor understand. And yet, our greatest fear, we have to make a decision and then entrust that person we love to the care of strangers. How do you decide?

You get the best guide you can find. Unless you are an expert outdoors adventurer, you would not go on a safari, shoot level 4 rapids, or set up a base station on a mountain side alone. You would find a guide who really knows what they are doing. I am a retired, but experienced hospital manager who worked closely with nursing facilities and knew them well. When the time came to literally find a place for my mom I felt totally lost.
The issues, the facilities, the pricing were dizzying and it felt like total chaos. Until I called "A Place for Mom" and asked for help. When my guide, Marti, called me back from Louisville, she immediately assessed what we needed, helped us learn about options, set up interviews for me, and guided us through our search of the facilities. With Marti's help and guidance, we found a wonderful place for Mom;

amyj185
1/13/19

I recently used the services of A Place for Mom as I was searching for a Memory Care until for my husband who has dementia. Kim was the associate with whom I have worked. She recommended several choices in the area and after visiting I was able to select the one that I felt best suited our needs. Kim was, and has continued to be, very caring and comforting throughout the process. She has checked in with me on several occasions to be sure that things were progressing smoothly and that my husband and I were both OK. I highly recommend A Place for Mom!

Response from APFM C., A Place for Mom Representative
Thank you so much for your comments, Amy! We are so glad that Kim and A Place for Mom were able to help you and your husband out during this difficult time.
cliffords47
1/12/19

A PLACE FOR MOM made my search for a retirement facility in the Fort Worth area so easy. It is so easy to define the area where you want to live and provide them with your budget. They do the rest!!
Within 24 hours of completing my questionnaire, I received a list of about 10 retirement facilities within my target area. At that point it was a matter of contacting each and arranging a visit.

We chose Parc Place in Bedford, Texas and are extremely pleased with our selection and the process, provided by A Place for Mom, in finding the right one

Response from APFM C., A Place for Mom Representative
Hi Clifford - Thank you so much for your feedback and we are so happy to hear that we were able to help you out!
margareto79
1/12/19

I chose, and am now happy with, an assisted living facility that was suggested to me by A Place for Mom, which goes to show that they were definitely helpful. Initially, I was not sure what I was looking for regarding the level of assistance my uncle needed, but I had certain criteria that was necessary to be met. They helped me narrow it down. The part of the process that was not good was their online scheduler to make or change appointments. Many facilities didn't expect me when I had it scheduled, others were calling me when I had actually cancelled.

Response from APFM C., A Place for Mom Representative
Thank you for your comments, Margaret. We are glad we could help you out and appreciate your feedback about the online scheduler. We will be sure to pass your feedback along!
drl41
1/10/19

These companies supply a list for you to review, during the initial call they asked if I had found any suitable facilities and I said YES! They wanted to know the name (as this facility was not on their list) and eventually they charged the facility as if they had found this place.
This has happened twice when I was placing family members, where they charge the facility a "finding fee" when they have NOT done the research or the work which I had done Your better off to use your computer to find facilities on your own, they absolutely doing nothing to help in the search!

Response from APFM C., A Place for Mom Representative
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback and we are sorry to hear you did not have a better experience. The value of working with A Place for Mom is the opportunity to talk with an experienced, caring and local professional who can save you a ton of time by helping you first identify and prioritize your needs and then find the appropriate options. A Place for Mom has more than 18,000 partners that span a wide range of care types and price points. We disclose on our website, in our advertisements, and in our communications that A Place for Mom is paid by our participating providers and communities. Because we are paid by our participating providers and communities, we are able to offer families a completely cost-free service. Families are not contractually obligated to use our service nor do they pay any fees for our service and they are free and welcome to do their own search, work with another referral service while they work with us, and/or stop working with us at any time.
tonyag40
1/7/19

Within 30 seconds of hitting submit I began getting phone calls up to 6 a day. After 2 weeks I got an email promising not to call unless I inquire again HOWEVER I'm now getting phone calls related to the inquiry. I'm just going to do my own research. I advise everyone to do the same.

Response from APFM C., A Place for Mom Representative
Hi Tonya - We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please email legal@aplaceformom.com to be added to our Do Not Call list.

Look at how often they have to apologize. A Place For Mom is loaded with predatory Scumbags! Do not use them unless you are loaded with cash!

By David S.

Don't even think about calling them. The Senior Adviosr is a commissed sales rep who gets paid by the communities. They work for them not you. The "other recommendations" These are the member communities that have agreed to pay a kick back to a place for mom. The will lean hard on you to place her in their place if your choice doesn't pay the kickback

By Roger H.

I highly recommend staying far from Referral Commission based placement agencies! Read the reviews above. Search for the Level of Care you are seeking on google or yelp such as http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=assisted+living&find_loc=San+Francisco%2C+CA

By Steve A.

In the Greater Louisville (Kentuckianna) metro area there are several I can recommend you consider based on our tour of recommended facilities in Southern Indiana. As residents of Southern Indiana, just across the river from Louisville, we chose Silvercrest in New Albany Indiana. They offer independent living in freestanding apartments as well as assisted living and also more complete care for those needing it. We also really liked Traditions at Hunters' Station in Sellersburg which has identical options, and Bennett House in Clarksville, which offers assisted living and additional services but does not have independent living. Some of these do have limited Medicaid beds in their nursing facilities.

By Peter F.

Hi Barbara, I think it would be best if you give us a call so we can connect you to one of our local Senior Living Advisors. They will learn more about what you’re looking for and make recommendations based on your needs. You can reach us here: 877-311-3040

By APlaceForMom C., A Place for Mom Representative

Hi Shenita, Our partner team will be able to answer that for you. Please email us at: Partners@aplaceformom.com

By APlaceForMom C., A Place for Mom Representative

Questions? Get answers from the A Place for Mom staff and other customers.

21 Photos for A Place for Mom