Amazon.in

2017 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

Amazon.in has a consumer rating of 3.69 stars from 89 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Amazon.in also ranks 24th among Marketplace sites. The most common issues with Amazon.in are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• The prompt delivery and responsive customer service made this amazon india, a wonderful hub to shop.
  • excellent service and genuine product and on time delivery
  • 2017 Customer Choice Winner

• I order a item Jain Pure Aquafresh Pre Filter For Water Purifier at 21 September 2017
  • The new product failed the authentication test too.
  • And the services are too poor the delivery agent does not contact, instead I have to contact them
How would you rate Amazon.in?

“Amazing Amazon”

Nitya S.
4/22/19

Amazon is really amazing Online Shopping site. As when I need anything in low cost but of good quality, I shop on Amazon. It really made my life easy as I get each & every product delivered at my home very nicely packed & with complete info about my ordered product. I must also bring in views about the Amazon Pay Balance where one can get the change like even one rupee in your account on Amazon. That's called Value for Money. Thank you Amazon for this Amazing Journey to be continued... in future with Best Services.

“Worst delivery services by Amazon.in”

Abhinav P.
10/17/19

I ordered earphones on Amazon on 3rd Oct 2019, but on the date of delivery, the delivery person was rude to me on phone and said that "You can do whatever you feel like and I wont attempt the delivery" and so he summarily refused the delivery to me. When I contacted the customer service for help, they said that they are not allowed to make direct contact with the delivery person. The Amazon customer service executives said that they will escalate the matter to higher authorities and assured the delivery in next 24 to 48 hrs (why would I wait for a day or more for a delivery which already took 5 days to reach New Delhi, for a prime member of Amazon.in. ), despite me telling them the seriousness of the matter. I wasted almost 2 to 3 hours of my time that day trying to make the amazon.in customer services understand the situation, but what I got in return was only a cold response from them. However, later they made me speak to one of their seniors, who assured me that strict action shall be taken and that this wont repeat again. The order was cancelled. I again placed the same order (same earphones, thinking this time it wont repeat as promised by the senior customer executive of Amazon.in). But to my dismay, the same thing repeated again. Today morning, I got a call from the delivery boy at 0715 hrs, telling me that the item (same item which was ordered previously but never got delivered to me, order ID : 406-0703258-6126725) is out for delivery and he is at my address and delivery shall be attempted soon. I rushed to my workplace thinking that maybe, the delivery guy might be waiting for me( I had that much of a courtesy as opposed to the guy. Read more to know how this guy replied to my courteous gesture), but there was no one. Later, at around 0930 hrs he called me up again asking me where he can meet me. I gave him the exact location and he agreed on delivering in a few minutes but to my surprise when I checked Amazon order status for the item at around 12 afternoon, it showed that a delivery was attempted and it has been withheld as I was unable to pay the money for the item. How big a liar can someone be. I have completely lost my trust in Amazon.in delivery services and would advise others also to beware of the poor delivery services that Amazon is offering lately. I complained about this issue to customer executive who asked delivery Station to call me. The person from delivery station assured me a delievey by 1405 hrs but nobody showed up. I kept waiting for till 1630 hrs but still no signs of delivery. So I left for home. I got a call from the delivery guy at around 1700 hrs that now I have reached the address and ready to deliver the item. How annoying can it be? If you are ordering something through online payment and on the day of delivery if you check the status of your order and find that it has already been delivered despite the fact that you haven't recieved even a call by the delivery guy, leave alone the product, then dont get amazed/shocked. This has been happening on a regular basis by Amazon delivery services. I only place cash/pay on delivery orders on Amazon.in because of the uncertainties created by Amazon.in in past few weeks regarding delivery of items. It's my hard earned money and time which has been wasted on Amazon.in. Please avoid ordering from Amazon.in as you will always feel that sense of insecurity and uncertainty after placing the order, that whether my product will ever get delivered to me on time or where my product would be? Even today I am struggling to get the product delivered to me.

customer service (8) order (19) product (21) 2 days (4) delivery (17) credit card (3) time (16)
sn91
February 2nd, 2020
I have had several experiences where I have prepaid for a product that was not delivered. It is very convenient when things do arrive although iti is still a gamble as to whether they will arrive or not! In addition none of the delivery based reviews were published. Any reviews of amazon, on amazon are jabbed.

Returns are apparently not made unless you report the lack of deliver y within 10 days of the lack of delivery. Crude.

You would be sued fo rthis in the US! Time to shed some of those stocks.

Su
luluu1
December 23rd, 2019
I have never come across a worse online shopping platform than Amazon.in. I had ordered a mobile phone (Order No-**************158) on 26th Aug '19. Paid Rs 9,999- via my credit card (Citi) and waited for the delivery, which they said would be after 3-4 days (28th to 30th Aug '19). In the meantime I was in touch with them, almost every day, via the phone, just to ensure that the date they mentioned was correct so I should not miss the delivery, as I was scheduled to travel out of the city. On the final date of delivery, when I did not hear from them nor receive the item, I called them. Their excuse was that they had not received the money. This was not true as, when I checked with my credit card dept, the money and been taken. After many pingpong emails later, over the past months, Amazon promised to refund the money but only once the "back office" had done some investigation. Its now been 4 months. My money has been taken, I have not recd the item, and now their latest email states that they can do nothing but will be happy to cooperate with the police! Every time I email them for the refund they show no sense of responsibility--probably thinking that as a customer there's very little I can do! After this incident, why am I not surprised to hear more and more cases of back stabbing by Amazon.in?
vinitaa1
December 22nd, 2019
BEWARE ! Amazon.in is full of fraud sellers ,Selling
Duplicate , fake items . I live in U.S my husband get some shehnaz diamond facial kits for me on his India visit last week . when I saw it has weird and untidy packaging I doubted I opened I saw it's all duplicateTubes filled with dirty gel smells rotten . All tubes have fake sticker on each tube as shown in picture . When we tried to reach the seller . He disappeared from this website . And when we contacted customer service they just Ignored as they don't know anything . All the dumbhead fools sitting on the Customer service . Don't buy anything from this site . Save your money ! I lost my 4000 Rs on this untrustworthy site .
vishalp23
December 8th, 2019
Amazon.in - they are selling expired, dirty, dangerous & harmful edible products online. I had purchased Alpen Muesli online, which I gave to one of my relatives as they sent normal muesli instead of sugar free. They had the muesli the 1st day without any suspicion. The next day they had stomach infection. When they checked the jar in which the muesli was put, it was full of tiny worms. They obviously threw the same in the thrash immediately, however the damage was already done. On complaining to Amazon, they refused to do anything about it, in fact I had also written a detailed review, which they refused to publish on their website.
In the interest of the citizens & their health & wellbeing, I feel at least they should be banned from selling any edible products online, though their product quality in most non-edible products is also extremely poor & sub-standard, which is not the case in most other countries.
abhinavp2
October 17th, 2019

Today morning, I got a call from the delivery boy at 0715 hrs, telling me that the item (same item which was ordered previously but never got delivered to me, order ID : **************725) is out for delivery and he is at my address and delivery shall be attempted soon. I rushed to my workplace thinking that maybe, the delivery guy might be waiting for me( I had that much of a courtesy as opposed to the guy. Read more to know how this guy replied to my courteous gesture), but there was no one. Later, at around 0930 hrs he called me up again asking me where he can meet me. I gave him the exact location and he agreed on delivering in a few minutes but to my surprise when I checked Amazon order status for the item at around 12 afternoon, it showed that a delivery was attempted and it has been withheld as I was unable to pay the money for the item. How big a liar can someone be. I have completely lost my trust in Amazon.in delivery services and would advise others also to beware of the poor delivery services that Amazon is offering lately. I complained about this issue to customer executive who asked delivery Station to call me. The person from delivery station assured me a delievey by 1405 hrs but nobody showed up. I kept waiting for till 1630 hrs but still no signs of delivery. So I left for home. I got a call from the delivery guy at around 1700 hrs that now I have reached the address and ready to deliver the item. How annoying can it be? If you are ordering something through online payment and on the day of delivery if you check the status of your order and find that it has already been delivered despite the fact that you haven't recieved even a call by the delivery guy, leave alone the product, then dont get amazed/shocked. This has been happening on a regular basis by Amazon delivery services. I only place cash/pay on delivery orders on Amazon.in because of the uncertainties created by Amazon.in in past few weeks regarding delivery of items. It's my hard earned money and time which has been wasted on Amazon.in. Please avoid ordering from Amazon.in as you will always feel that sense of insecurity and uncertainty after placing the order, that whether my product will ever get delivered to me on time or where my product would be?
Even today I am struggling to get the product delivered to me.
subirc1
September 9th, 2019
First time I was told to send shipping receipt to cs amazon which I did on 14/08/2019 so the refund will be processed in 2 to 3 days
On 02-09-2019 15:31, amazon.in wrote:
Amazon
Hello,
The seller has initiated the refund for your order **************931
The seller authorized the request on 13/8/19.
Did the seller resolve your issue? Yes no
nehas102
August 21st, 2019
I ordered Gionee F205. I got the confirmation that order would be delivered with in 2 days. On the second day at 10 pm, I received message that order is again delayed for 2 days. I frentically called Amazon customer service, but not even once my call was answered. Amazon is the worst company when it comes to customer support. They have reduced cost by making things automated but their Automated message doesn't give any satisfactory answer
abhishekr21
August 20th, 2019
I have had worst experience with amazon.in website. Their system failed to recognize the payment method details correctly.
I placed an order on 15th Aug 2019 using GPay UPI. The amount was debited on my GPay app and was successfully credited to amazon's UPI id viz. amazon@apl

However, amazon.in failed to detect this payment and asked me to revise the payment. I revised the payment to credit card and made a repayment hoping my UPI debit will get refunded in few days. My order got partially delivered and so I expected a partial refund for the failed order.

After 5 days, I received an email update from amazon saying that they have refunded my UPI transaction amount partially (as the order delivery was partial). When I followed up with customer service to know fate of my credit card payment, they say that refund on partial order has already been sent to credit card and they do not know anything about UPI transaction.

Now here is the thing, amazon's email is quoting 12 digit UPI txn id in the refund update email. While Amazon team thinks it is credit card refund. I double checked and found out that I indeed received partial refund on my UPI account and not on credit card. Apparently in the process of revising the payment, there is inconsistency in the actual payment method in amazon's database. There is one mind of amazon which thinks that I made payment using UPI as it quotes the same id in email. There is another mind of amazon which thinks the payment is credit card and not UPI.

A simple advise to tech geeks working at amazon, what is the issue in storing all payment attempts by user against an order even if the payment was not confirmed to your system? Its big headache arguing with customer care people if they do not see all the payment attempts.

With all the follow ups and wasting my time for almost a day with Amazon customer service, I still do not know what is fate of my credit card payment and will the refund be initiated or not? They are simply asking me to check with bank. Bank is saying that there was no issue with UPI as well as the credit card payment and therefore it is Amazon which should initiate the refund for the failed payment method.

Bottom line, Amazon may have been the best shopping methods, but when it comes to delivering on time and managing payments and refunds, it sucks big time.
chavalis
June 26th, 2019
I booked a tab to gift my daughter. We got it, later there was a problem with display, in < 3 months So I took the tab to the authorised service station. There they said, there is no warranty for this. When asked the reason, they simply said, someone already opened it. I. Surprised. When we contacted Amazon, there is no proper response. So be careful while purchasing electronic gadgets. You may not get covered warranty issues.
shivams19
February 23rd, 2019
showing price ever less than other but delivery charges beer from our pocket always .if we would purchase 100rs product with discount 59 essential oil i talk about charges of delivery 100 rs either i was purchased 8peices of essential oil but charges for each one seperate 8*100=800rs for delivery waoooo...make it fool .
venkatk10
November 25th, 2018
Hi There,

I made an order in Amazon ,order no: **************110 which should be delivered on 19/11/2018. I received a message on 19th from Amazon that says my order is delivered but it's not delivered yet and courier people are not answering for my calls. Few times they responded and courier boy told me to remind him later to deliver but he just left the home town with the parcel. People trust Amazon very much but they are bluffing the customers before they deliver and they are very careless with customer orders. Courier people are quiet unprofessional.They haven't responded to me even after i submitted feedback to Amazon, so they don't care a customer.
dineshk22
October 10th, 2017
froud seller
and at 26Sep17 system showing order is delivered.

I block my credit card due to some security resion.
Now amazon person is telling he is not able to refund money .

Final conclusion is that:
Don't pay online
In case if u paid amount online and u loss ur account or credit card
so amozon will not able to refund u
ramar1
September 7th, 2017
In a row, four times, I have been duped by such a famous site. As now they are established, so they have started duping us out of our money. I ordered 'the Clownfish 13 inch / 14 inch Synthetic Signature Series Laptop and Tablet Bag - Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Laptop Bag' but the bag is instead a sack, too big in size and very inferior PVC quality. And the services are too poor the delivery agent does not contact, instead I have to contact them
harshac1
August 10th, 2017
I ordered Sennheiser CX 275s earphones from AMAZON but they failed the SENNHEISER AUTHENTICATION TEST. The earphones were counterfeit.

So I asked Amazon to send a replacement. The new product failed the authentication test too. This product was also counterfeit.

So when and if you buy from amazon, BEWARE the product might be a FAKE. Don't forget to check their authenticity before accepting.

As compensation, AMAZON decided to pay 50 rupees. Shameful!!
rohinij2
May 2nd, 2017
I ordered a product on Amazon recently and opted COD ... without any call they have cancelled my order sending across a message saying customer has refused the order .When I call the customer service they say it is a general error that occurs when a customer has opted for COD and he requests me to place a new order with prepaid payment. If they have given an option COD how can they negate it...what's the fun in having that option at all....
veenuk1
April 11th, 2017
I have buy wallet form amazon.in and my product delever date is 19 july 2017. But today is 21 july 2017. And I have no information about my product and amazon customer executive tell wait wait and only wait but not resolve my problem so amazon is very bed site for shopping
dhananjaym2
October 5th, 2016
I am not sure why you Amazon accepts order when the entire CS team is ready to force you to cancel the order. If this is your real policy then please stop accepting orders from now.

Order ID # **************908

My request was very simple either complete the delivery before 10 oct or allow me to redirect the parcel to another city. Even your policy allows to re-direct the package to a different address until it is shipped.

But as per your team, it is allotted to Courier Team, however, the status is still getting ready to ship. I am really surprised by the number of stages you need to ship the package.

Your team has advised me about 3 stages. God know how many stages you need to ship the package.

I just have a simple request as previously mentioned.

If you really care about my order then review the chat and resolve my issue.

Me: Hi
You are now connected to Manish Manohar from Amazon.in
Manish Manohar: Hello, my name is Manish Manohar. How may I help you today ?
Me: Hi
Please check my previous order and update me
Manish Manohar: Are you referring to Moto G Turbo (Black, 16GB) ?
Me: yes
Manish Manohar: Thank you for providing the information
I'll surely help you out with it.
I see that your product has not yet shipped.
and your order has been confirmed and will be delivered to you on or before 13th October , 2016
Me: Could you please let me know why it hasn't shipped yet? As your colleague promised me two days that it will ship within 2 days?
Manish Manohar: As promised by me colleague usually all orders get shipped within 24-48 hours but as we have our sale going on there is a delay going on in dispatchment of products but I can confirm that there is no delay in the delivery of your order and will be delivered to you within the time frame allotted
Me: I need this item before 10th of oct.
Manish Manohar: I will not be able to guarantee you on the delivery of your product within the date provided by you as the item has not yet dispatched
but I'll surely put in a note to prioritize your product delivery
Me: Is it possible to re-direct the order to an different address?
Manish Manohar: redirectment of package is possible within the same city
but re directment leads to delay in delivery of package by 24-48 hours.
Me: It fine but I need to re-direct the package to this pincode 832301
As I will not be not available here to receive the package after 10th.
Manish Manohar: As told previously re-directment is possible within the same city
In case it does not get delivered to you by 10th october, 2016 you can cancel the order and place a new order for the new address
Me: Are you able to give me the same deal on this item?
Manish Manohar: I see that the product is still available at same price
Me: how much?
Manish Manohar: 9999
Me: Could you please check how much I paid for it?
Manish Manohar: and we wont be able to provide the lightening deal which was applied for your order
Me: So, please stop saying your nonsense response and pass the chat to your senior.
Manish Manohar: I understand you want to talk to my senior but they will be sharing same resources as I have.
Me: I am sorry but I don't want to chat with you.
Please transfer
Manish Manohar: Ok just be online while I connect you to my senior
Me: ok
A Customer Service Associate will be with you in a moment.
You are now connected to Sai from Amazon.in
Me: hi
Sai: My name is Sai. I am a supervisor on the floor. I'll be glad to help you.
I've checked your chat conversation details and see that you've contacted us for an early delivery on the Order No: **************908.
Me: Just a simple request, either deliver my product before 10 or allow me to re-direct the product to different city.
Sai: Unfortunately, I can't promise a delivery at a different city. However, we've provided an estimated delivery date which is comparatively far than usual as this is a festive season and we're having more order volumes being shipped out of our fulfillment centers.
However, we're trying our best to get the packages delivered as soon as possible.
Me: It's not fair at all.
You are denying my both requests.
CS team is there to serve the customer not to deny the request without any logic.
Sai: I'm really sorry about that. We'll be showing you an estimated delivery date while placing an order. That is the maximum time we need to pack, ship and delivery the order to the selected address.
Me: I am just asking to re-direct to different city
Sai: We'll not be able to make any changes to an order after it is placed. However, if you want the package to be delivered to a different place we can do it if the other address is also in the same city. We'll not be able to redirect the shipment to a different city.
Me: May I please know why?
Sai: Once an order is placed, depending on the pincode, we'll provide an estimated delivery date and a courier will be assigned automatically. To change the city of delivery, you need to cancel the order and place a new order with the correct pincode which will be assigned automatically.
Me: is this your policy?
Sai: Yes
Me: Okay, as I have accepted your policy while signed up and I have to accept it. Before I do this may I have one copy of your policies?
Sai: https://www.amazon.in/gp/help/customer/...(see full link)
The first phrase states that 'You can change your shipping preferences in Your Account at any time after placing your order as long as the order hasnt entered the shipping process yet.'
Me: yes, that's my point it hasn't shipped yet, You can change the delivery address.
As your colleague confirmed that it hasn't shipped yet.
Sai: The order will be assigned to a courier within 1 hour after placing. If you want to change and address, you can cancel it and place an order within the 1 hours. This particular order is assigned to a courier and it will be shipped.
The current status of your order is 'shipping soon'
Me: How come it is possible that it has been handed over to courier but the status is Preparing for Dispatch
You guys are just changing your words after each and every contact.
On the very first time your colleague promised me that it will ship within 24 hours. Nothing happened.
On second contact your team advised that it has entered to first stage of shipping and will receive an email: No change
3rd time it is on 2nd stage? How many stages you need?
Now, shipping soon and too much useless responses but not a single effort to assist.
Status is still getting it ready? Please pass the exact order status with me.
Sai: Your order is package and a courier is assigned to it. You'll receive an shipping confirmation email as soon as the product is dispatched.
Me: As much as I know, once you assigned a courier it gives you a tracking ID, may I have the tracking ID?
Sai: I'm sorry, the tracking id will be generated only after the package is handed over to the courier and the same will be sent to you via email.
Me: As it hasn't handed over yet means still not shipped.
As per policy you can change the address.
Sai: The package is assigned to a courier depending on the pincode mentioned in the address. So, we'll not be able to make any changes to it.
Me: May I which courier company?
Sai: That information will only be available with the fulfillment center team and we'll not be having the details with us.
Me: My brother what details you have except saying no?
Sai: You'll receive your order by the estimated delivery date provided to you while placing the order. This is the information I can provide to you at this point of time.
Me: Please transfer the chat to your senior.
Sai: This chat can't be transferred further. This is the best we can do at this point of time.
Me: Just transfer please.
Sai: I'm so sorry, but we can't offer any additional insight or action on this matter.
Is there anything else I can help you with?
Me: I repeat, just transfer the chat. In case you disconnect it. It will impact much on social networks. So, be humble just transfer.
Sai: I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to comment on that. If there isn't anything else I can help you with, I'll need to disconnect this chat.
Me: Just transfer only that you can do.
Sai: Thank you for contacting Amazon. Have a great day.

Thank you for ruining my day.
titant
July 30th, 2016
This website is cheating both sellers and the consumers, what they do is replace the real products with fake one or cheap ones specially with similar names to avoid being sued, its just a matter of time before they piss off some rich guys and get thrown out of india for running a con products site.
dineshs10
May 8th, 2016
Bakvas site he. Sab saller our delivery bhi .. chitar he..lutne ko bethe he Amazon vale.. sham on you.. mera macron ka power bank ka rifund our courier charge abhi tak nahi mila.. my Amazon id .
*******@gmail.com
*******722...
tusharj
March 18th, 2016
I am Tushar Jadhav facing bad experience with amazon india service. I have placed an order of Moto e 2nd Gen 4G mobile on 2nd March 2016 which offered me for Rs. 5999 which actual costs Rs. 6999. it is expected to delivered within next two days. But till today, it is not yet dispatched and I have contacted customer care 6 times since I have placed an order, but they don't have an idea about my order and what is happening at their inventory. Can anybody expect this type of answer from India's leading e-commerce online shopping company? I am extremely disappointed with amazon service. Now, they expect from me to cancel that order and place new order which cost me now Rs. 6999 which is Rs. 1000 extra. They deny to offer me mobile in same cost if I go for new order. It is prepaid order which I had placed earlier. Now, I want to take legal action against this approach of amazon. Can anybody let me know the procedure to take legal action in this case? My mobile no is *******711.
deepakk12
June 23rd, 2015
I ordered a Strob Note counting machine through Amazon.in. They took advance payment and sent a defective machine. When I complained to them they said I mishandled the machine and hence they have no liability. On threatening to take the vendor and amazon to court they gave a refund. When I wrote a review on amazon they refused to publish it. Beware of spurious sellers of unbranded goods.
32 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Read my below experience....,, it might lead you to right calculations. What I can say...., this is most annoying frustrating experience I had buying on Amazon...... I am not a happy man not all!! First time I was told to send shipping receipt to cs amazon.in which I did on 14/08/2019 so the refund will be processed in 2 to 3 days Second time on 17/08/2019 I contacted when package got delivered I was again tricked with lie that I will get refund 5 days from delivered date which was 23rd August 201, Which in fact didn't happened so I contacted back third time and associate said she will issue a refund right away of order cost and your return shipping charge which later she claimed successfully issued on 28 august 2019 on her email confirmation...., which turned out to be nothing but again a trick lie as refund didn't happen as claimed will be credited to bank account by 3 September 2019. Then I contacted back 8/09/2019 and was put through numerous associates with nothing but lies after lies when I demanded bank transaction reference number id..... Which I was positive was never initiated at first place. Finally when I refused to give up...., lead associate admitted that transaction was never initiated..., as seller has not initiated the refund. So demanded an apology email with all measures which would be taken on this wrong habit of lying and false assurances which has been practiced among the Amazon customer contact associates...., so that other customer doesn't suffer or go through this annoying agonizing frustrating trauma with Amazon customer care as me. Post email there was refund request send to seller by I associate ...., but then I said that I received a confirmation email stating as below On 02-09-2019 15:31, amazon.in wrote: Amazon Hello, The seller has initiated the refund for your order 405-4682270-5945931 The seller authorized the request on 13/8/19. Did the seller resolve your issue? Yes no (We'll share this feedback with the seller to help them improve their service in the future) I again confirm lead associate if this is another lie....!! He said its error on system front...; further confirming will get response from seller in 2 days processing refund And now today 09/09/2019 what I receive is another automated email from seller on return shipping *** What made them all to lie..., is this some kind of big scam of looting stealing customer money along with seller... in case customer somehow ignore refund emails and bank statements... this can be some serious unclaimed tricked money!! Hope JEFF BEZOS can see how each passing day his so called customer centric company along with sellers are into wrong practices of lying and giving false assurances fooling its customers!!

By subircOzy G.