Review of Amazon

2018 Customer choice award

212 reviews with 2 stars

ratnag
1/20/19

what i wanted to purchase few shirts , trust me their complicating function and high charges make me sad . better i need to save my money . why u take so much charges and why its so much complicated i got confused every time

maryf411
1/17/19

A simple magazine subscription has turned into a customer service nightmare. NO issues received, no help from Amazon with the third party (Synapse). While this may be a problem with the third party, Amazon blames the publisher, and refuses to contact Synapse on my behalf. Lesson learned -- order directly from the publisher -- Amazon does not "manage" subscriptions -- the site really just lists them and collects your money.

arnolds58
1/10/19

I sent a negative review on a product sold at Amazon as follows: "Expiration date might be an issue to weigh against price
Order date: Dec. 26, 2018 Delivery date: Jan. 2, 2019 Use by date: Mar. 31, 2019 You decide if it is/was such a good value."
This was to protect the health of others seeking relief from high priced test strips and not knowing the expiration date was much sooner than expected. I included dates and photos. Within 24 hours it was rejected. They don't care about the health of others ... only focused on their increasing their wealth and corporate share value.

christineb120
11/12/18

There no longer seems to be a way to get next day or two day shipping on many items without paying for it, e.g., white dinner serviettes. That is what Prime membership supposedly bought you.

noddyk
11/10/18

Amazon costomer care number =9801590508-/7759865050 call this number for any problem solution

michaelw959
10/26/18

On a Friday evening, I ordered some pants from Amazon and, a couple of hours later, order more pants from JCP.com. The JCP order arrived on Tuesday morning, the Amazon order not until 3 days later on Friday afternoon. So much for Amazon's amazingly fast shipping.

Tip for consumers: Don't bet you will get your order quickly.

benc279
10/26/18

So, they have some tricks to trick you into. For example Prime. They offer you free 30day Prime membership, then they automatically charge your card for the next month without any notification. That's what I hate the most. No notification no nothing.

heatherw119
10/20/18

I loved Amazon before this. Two day shipping and great deals. I really loved asking sellers and buyer questions about products before buying. So Amazon deleted all of my reviews and blocked me from asking questions. All i did before this is write a bad review for a terrible, pricey item. Only, i bought it on ebay. But if you cant write reviews for products you bought elsewhere, why do they allow you to. Its annoying, but I guess I can live with that, except how can they block me and still allow hundreds, maybe thousands, of sellers with completely fake reviews. Some have all reviews that aren't verified purchase and I've seen some with reviews that are just taken from numerous other products. They're system sucks and you can't trust reviews for anything

stevel166
10/2/18

placed an order for product,they charged me for two,then they asked for my credit card no, which i didntgive,then they sent me an email that my order was shipped,then i requested a cancel order,they said they would send me a gift card and then took my money out off credit card,i dont need their gift card,i need them to put the money back into my credit card and cancel my order as requeted

johnh1645
9/25/18

I had a two month Prime membership but found that pretty well every good deal was three times the USA price listed, or the disclosure at the end of attempting to finalize the purchase said "Not deliverable to Canada."

jahmanin
9/14/18

Amazon is not the first website that I would order an item from. Amazon has a tendency to deliver packages days after it was scheduled for delivery .Sometimes they don't even ship your package until the day that it was supposed to be delivered to you. If it's an important item that you drastically need in a hurry I suggest shopping somewhere else. They are sometimes very unreliable, their customer service can use some improvement, and their delivery times are usually unpredictable to say the least.

I ordered lights to decorate my dorm room off of amazon and I never received my order from them. When I first ordered it they told me that it would come within 4 to 5 business days: however, that was not the case. My lights did not ship until the 4th day of me waiting for them. I waited a couple days to see if my package would come. After about three days of not receiving my "shipped" package I decided that it was time to take matters into my own hands. I first called the delivery company that was supposed to drop off my package and they said that they never got a package for my address or name. I then decided to email amazon and they replied back saying that my item was shipped to the postal service that would be delivering it. Although, they said that my items were shipped I still did not receive them days later so I decided to call the company to and find out why.
The first time I gave them a call I was on hold for at least 30 minutes waiting to talk to a representative. After being on hold for a significant amount of time, I was told that there were no available representatives to talk to at that time and that I should call the next day. The next day when I called I was on hold for a while but I finally got to talk to someone about my order. I was told that my order had been sent back because of an unknown error. I never got an email or notification saying that the order that I have been waiting on for weeks was sent back. When I asked why my order got sent back the representative told me that she was not sure why but sometimes it just happens. When I asked for my money she told me that I had to email amazon or go to the website and click on "about refunds" and ask back for my money there. So I emailed amazon and asked them for a refund due to the fact that my package got canceled but I never got my money back. The next day they emailed me and said they would refund me my money back within 24 hours of my initial email. I waited for the money but it never went back into my account so I emailed them again and this time they didn't respond until days later saying that, once again, they would send my money back to me.
After not receiving my money a second time I just decided not to worry about it and just decided to be cautious of where and what I buy online. Next time I know not to rely on Amazon so much for my online shopping. Next time I know to be cautious and what sites I shop on. If you do decide to shop on Amazon just be mindful of what you get and who the seller is that you are getting the product from.

jamesp683
9/5/18

Talking to customer service at Amazon is like talking to the wall... they repeat themslves like a robot and usually have thick accents. I wish they would hire more USA employees who actually care about the customers and understand the customers. They try to cut costs by outsourcing their employees. I would not support a company like that, you may save money now but your loosing your economy to others and robots.

kathyl26
8/12/18

Technical problems on Amazon's part and my order did not go through. I called later but they said they did not get order and had no idea how much the firestick was selling for on that day. I just googled it and found out how much they sold for on prime day.

devonw21
8/10/18

Terrible Delivery Service from prime. Deliveries left in the front garden and lockers that don't work. Reviews mentioning this are blocked by Amazon.

chrisn176
8/2/18

I just started using amazon a few months ago. Was impressed at first. But over a short period of time that changed. Customer support is in india from what i can understand. All they say is yes yes yes and they have no frickin idea of the complaint. Ask for a superviaor and guess what. Yes your correct another indian this one claims to have a american name but the same result you have to ask them to repeat thereselves over and over. They say they will take care of issue and you will get a email saying its being handled.. No email has been received. Luckily i had the trial membership because its now cancelled. Now amazon will be nothing but a price check site since all the neg reveiws are deleted or reworded.. They claim i wrote a product reveiw that i did not write and it was deleted do to bias. 3 ppl and 55 mins later nothing understandable. Finally told woman my house hold will no longer be a amazon client. Her reply was thats all you can do sir.. So all i can do is shop else where. Bet your a** thats what i will do..after tax and crazy shipping prices its the same cost or cheaper to buy do the road.... Example i was going to oreder a product that was 1.50 sh was 8.99. I thought might as well order a fair amount for the shipping.clicked 5. They weight 5 grams a peice... Sh charges look out 44.95. For less then 10 dollars and 25 grams. Yes grams ec1118 yeast.. Are you kidding me a bd card weighs more and i sent it across country for lesa the 50 cents.. Also found something on amazon for 550.00 and the sellers web site had it for 410.00. Amazon can now kiss my southern ***. Keep you chinese crap and your half witted ppl from india.

audrao2
8/2/18

Amazon used to be this amazing company from a customer standpoint, but now that it has shut down most of its competition and continues to grow, the company is starting to tank. Prime is no longer Prime as you're paying more for it and receiving less. Two day shipping is a lie, it's more like 4 or 5 day or whenever they feel like it shipping. Returns are more difficult to make and their product pricing is steadily increasing. The media and entertainment portion is a joke. This includes both the tv and music portion. I have increasingly found better products and prices fro other companies and I am seriously considering cancelling my Prime membership. After all, what's the point if you're paying for shipping by paying a higher price and receiving it days later than the "guaranteed" delivery date?

johnnyh84
7/27/18

Amazon used to be good but in recent years they become more and more shady.

They treat sellers like less than dirt and allow unethical practices and DMCA violations.

Customer support is clueless and usually foreigners who do not even use Amazon.

Because Amazon allows shady, Lazy sellers to HiJack the listings of reputable sellers , you frequently purchase from uncaring, shady people.

I try me best never to order anything from this disgraceful eCommerce site anymore.

woshin
7/9/18

Amazon is great so don't get me wrong. But their choice of delivery drivers is beyond outrageous. I have security cameras and they have detected one throwing a package on my porch; another leaving it in the evening on the stairs in plain view and today one that stopped to read my request to leave items inside the large box I have on my porch for that purpose, only to then walk past the box and the porch to leave the expensive DNA test kit under the sun in front of my garage door. Mind you, NONE of the drivers bother to knock on the door or ring the doorbell and most do not read my instructions clearly posted next to my front door. No problems with USPS, Fedex or UPS but Amazon's delivery system is bizarre. I returned the DNA kit for the probable damage caused by 3 hours in the sun. I will not order from them again.

louiss106
7/7/18

Lately I have had purchases from Hanes and Amazon tendered to USPS in Hebron, KY and vanished into cyberspace. Both Hanes and Amazon canceled the order after a delay and solicited a new order. In the case of Amazon the new (replacement) order was a few bucks higher than the original order. It's a pity that excellent vendors cannot get better shipping deals than DHS to USPS in Hebron, KY

swagatp
6/17/18

I was looking for a tummy trimmer, found one on amazon but the picture of the product was, and still is something else. Many other customers notified that but amazon is happy with the wrong product information.

Anyway I ordered it, I got a shoe rack insted of a tummy trimmer. I asked for replacement, they gave me the one with single spring. The actual product has two springs. I am fed up with calling up customer care, listening their sorry, applying replacement and waiting for the next to arrive.

camp3
6/4/18

- Fast shipping
- Most products are cheap China knockoffs.
- Cheap & fake China products, why is it allowed??
- High Prices
-You pay more for less
- Fees are too high to sell anything
- Products were already opened when unboxing them
- Packages somehow get lost???
- Delivery drivers drive recklessly
- Delivery drivers smoke break in front of my house!
- Delivery driver pissing on my street
- Damages packages
- Paid for prime only to get it 8 days after??

If prime really worth $120?? or are they hungry for more money???

anonymousa160
5/31/18

Ordered something that was prime and it took 5 days to arrive. What happened to 2 day shipping? Guess they took that out and raised the price for prime.

kathym172
5/30/18

I went to Amazon.com to review a product. But I could not. Instead, this message greeted me:

"To submit reviews, customers must make a minimum amount of valid debit or credit card purchases."

Evidently, I haven't spent enough money online for my consumer opinion to matter.

What a blatant slap in the face to people whose spending income is limited! I am retired; I can't afford luxuries, but as long as I am still alive I will be a consumer, and my feedback is as valid as anyone else's!

I have two words for you, Amazon, and I think you can guess what they are.

delbertm18
5/28/18

All of a sudden books written in 1980 are now priced at $20 by Amazon. The price of books has risen through Amazon by almost 50% in some cases. It turns out that Amazon is trying to get people to buy through their Kindle e-books by pricing hard copy too high for the value (clever marking but customer negative and expensive). Nasty policy. Returns have become more difficult, much more. Some manager ahs decided that a way to raise profits for unfortunate buyers is too exclude the Buyer and limit returns. If you have, by some magic ghost like decision Maker as Amazon have returned too many item, in their minds, then you are notified that you cannot buy anymore. Many people have protested, many reinstated. The real issue is that Amazon allows any hack two-bit outfit to sell on Amazon. So people receive bad products, out-of-spec products, damaged products, etc. more often then in the past. Returns have escalated due to Amazons anyone can sell policy. It is definitely not the Purchaser but the Seller who need to be excluded. Amazon claims to review Sellers for performance which is very limited. When greed dominates it is a real 'fire'. The policy that has been established is profit above service, quality, product performance, product as suppose to be.

deighc
4/27/18

For years I've been a regular Amazon.com Prime customer, and had once found their offerings and customer service both to be (past tense) terrific. During these past 6 months however I've observed some changes in the customer experience of this "customer centric company"; several of my orders now arrive minus total quantities, fragile items are not packed well at all or arrive completely damaged, and some missing orders only arrive after a follow up email is sent to Amazon.com Founder, Chairman, and CEO Mr. Jeff Bezos. In one recent month, 10 of my orders have arrived in an abysmal state; upon a review of each parcel it was not the fault of the shipping company.
In the interim, Amazon Prime Movies that were once available for no fee to paying Amazon Prime members are now available for additional fees.
All the while, Amazon.com has raised its annual Amazon Prime Fee to $119.:
"Amazon is justifying Primes 20 percent price hike, to $119 a year, by saying it is more a valuable service than when the fee last rose four years ago"

Amazon.com, customer centric or ego centric?

Bought a hair dryer for my daughter in Melbourne. Arrived no probs.

By Tony A.

I would call their customer service dept. They are all pretty knowledgeable and helpful. Good luck.

By Konstantin P.

This problem began when Amazon Market Place started up and when I saw how bad it was with sellers selling at 3 to 4 times the full retail price at other online stores, it was a hint for me to stop supporting Amazon Market Place. If its sold by Amazon, I might buy it but I do my utmost to find a lower price so I don't have to buy it from Amazon. More often than not Bestbuy or Staples has it for the same or lower price. Bought an Asus RT AC 5300 from Bestbuy for 500 Canadian and it doesn't sell for less at Amazon. Returns are no hassle 30 day returns and no shipping just take it to a local retail store and that saves the wrapping and shipping.

By Paul H.

The above answers are good - I agree that a personal contact on the phone is best. - Go to 'Your Account', then click 'Let Us Help You' -then click Help - Then 'need more help',- then click 'Contact Us' - fill out the 3 steps and choose 'more no norder questions, - then clock on phone - from there it will direct you (how long the wait etc and they call you back)

By John G.

I have never shipped or had things shipped to or from Australia. Sorry

By Monica C.

It takes longer if you don't pay monthly for Amazon prime.

By Robart B.

you answer on the actual question I believe.

By Kira S.

I really don't understand. The box packaging doesn't matter really. But possibly go to Amazon customer service, and ask for help. You may be able to get the other video games too, and if not, you can always ask for a refund.

By Trinity S.

Never.

By Bill H.

Yes I do on the items I purchase and also through google and sitejabber

By LisaMarie O.
Questions? Get answers from the Amazon staff and other customers.

Amazon?