Review of Amazon.ca

Seattle, WA 98109, US

21 reviews with 4 stars

alanac14
5/29/19
Amazon has been a great experience so far. Items usually arrives on time. Many different items to choose from at different price points. But, sometimes the prices goes up and down in very short periods of time on the same item. Refunds are simple to do, if necessary.
richardz13
9/6/18
Overall amazon.ca is a great site to deal with. i have had a couple of instances where the seller was absolutely misleading in the item they were selling. Each time when Amazon was advised they promptly investigated and issued me a refund.

The only downside to Amazon these days is that they demand your CC in order to buy anything from their site. (They used to accept paypal). If you don't have a CC forget about buying anything from their site.
masamunec
7/9/18
I have ordered many things from Amazon.ca, from DVDs to books to household stuff. Not all the products I have received are true to the advertisements. Shipping ETD is usually accurate (they even mark on my cell phone calendar automatically). I liked that when I search for something it lists all the sellers who sell the same item so I can compare deals. The only complain I have is that the .com site carries more products than .ca site.
kaellac
6/13/18
First off I am a prime member so I pretty much never have any issue with shipping. It's always delivered on the right date, and the few times where the item came damaged or the wrong item got delivered, I had no issue returning it at all. I shop on amazon for nearly everything, I think it's one of the most trusty website out there. Just wish there was a paypal option to pay and god is it frustating to see how much cheaper everything is on amazon.com !
frankv72
5/6/18
Yesterday I needed a product in a hurry, so I chose an item that had 8 in stock and that stated "Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca". Then I chose "Express Shipping (averages 2-4 business days")
Today my order has shipped and the item now says: 7 left in stock.
The catch is that the tracking page says: Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit Columbia, SC, US. Expected arrival is in 7 days. So its not stocked in Canada at all. I haven't had this happen to me before. Usually they just hide the fact that their third-party seller is located in China.

Oddly enough Amazon.ca does not give you a place to review them or complain to them about their policies.
mikeg238
9/18/17
The most recent purchase that I made from Amazon was an H20 Mop, 2 x Sixx:A.M. Albums; Prayers for the Damned and Prayers for the Blessed & extra Steam Mop heads. Not only did I get an excellent deal, but everything came ASAP & I am more than happy with these products. H20 Mop is the best cleaning purchase I have ever made. I use it to clean everything. It disinfects without cleanser and does windows, floors and does carpets and beds.
All in all: I highly recommend the products and the webstore.
joeb332
8/1/17
I have been shopping on Amazon.ca for a few years now. I have had a few items arrive well past the arrival date, or not arrive at all, but as that is a shipping problem (Canada Post), and not an Amazon problem, I won't give them bad reviews for that. There are definitely items that are ridiculously overpriced, but there are items all over the place that are ridiculously overpriced and it's really up to the consumer to be price aware, so I won't give them bad reviews for that either. Their customer service is why I only give them 4 stars. They have always helped me 100% with my issues, although sometimes it's been quite the journey getting there (hence 4 stars instead of 5). I have only had one person not seem to understand my question at all, and after trying to reword it approximately 8 times, I gave up, Xed the window away, brought up the window again (with a different customer rep), asked my question again, and immediately got the answer. I have always been refunded my money for products that didn't arrive and always faster than I expect, which I think is AWESOME of Amazon because it's not even their fault but Canada Post's crappy service. One time, an item quit working 2 weeks after I got it so they immediately sent me another. As it was a filter for my aquarium I told them my fish would likely be dead by the time the replacement arrived, so they priority shipped it (at no expense to me) and it was in my tank 2 days later (they didn't even wait to receive my returned filter). I wanted to change an order once because one of the items was holding it up, and even though it wasn't standard procedure, we figured out how I could do that, and my new order was in the mail the next day. I find their customer service people are always willing and eager to help, even if they don't help at all, lol. They're never rude or ignorant, and that, to me, is definitely worth something! :D
ryleyb1
6/21/17
I've never had a problem with Amazon.ca itself, but I've had problem with 2 retailers that sell through Amazon, with getting the items very late. As long as I've dealt with Amazon by itself, I've always gotten my items on time and never damaged. I always make sure to check that Amazon is the one selling me the items and/or check the retailers reputation before buying a item. Amazon.ca has also been amazing with books. Samsung has partnered with Amazon and you get one free book through their Kindle app, which I really enjoy.

Tip for consumers: Be sure to check that you're either buying directly from Amazon.ca or the reputation of the retailer that is hosted through Amazon.ca

alexa1888
4/25/17
I have made several purchases through Amazon. I have had mostly positive experiences here. The sellers are honest, ship quickly and have had no real trouble. Only complaint I have ever had was the 6 day promised shipping on one item that took 36 days to arrive.
celiag5
4/25/17
Ordered a jewellery loop and 6 weeks later it had not arrived. Contacted both the Amazon who spoke to the seller for me. My credit card was immediately refunded and I was told if it ever arrived.it would be free ! The process was no hassle and the staff friendly and not put out by my small item worry.
katherinee9
10/28/16
I have been buying from Amazon.CA for about 6-7 years now and have continuously upgraded and updated every aspect. I Love shopping with Amazon as if you ever have an issue they are very willing to make it right. U can buy and see a variety of products and brands you'll never find locally. I am very impressed. If u watch for flash sales u can get unbelievable deals!! Happy shopping.:):)
tims9
10/25/16
I've never had any trouble with Amazon.ca, though I generally avoid everything that isn't sold through or fulfilled by Amazon itself.

While the .ca website is alright and getting better, there's a lot more to choose from on the .com website
saadn
8/9/16
So Amazon, its a great website no matter which part of the world you are in, as for me I am reviewing the Canadian Amazon.ca. Its a great site but for only particular goods such a Accessories, Jewelry, can find great deals on wrist watches. Such as Seiko Diver a Jewelry store or Sears will for $365 (example) the same watch can be found on Amazon for $280, now some people might ask how can Amazon do this? Its because Amazon get the products to you directly from the Manufacturer cutting the middle men out so the distributor and wholesalers in between are cut out thus saving on cost and other marketing efforts. Other great things to buy from Amazon are... well just explore its a lot of fun. Take care, any question just email me *****@hotmail.com
ujalas
7/22/16
It is no secret that amazon.ca is no match for amazon.com. The free shipping, the prime, and everything else is so much better at amazon.com. But we Canadians have to live with whatever amazon.ca has to offer. It's still cheapest among Canadian retailers. I have purchased several items ranging from books, electronics, clothes, and so many other items and also returned a few items occasionally and they have always been satisfactory. So no issues with customer service. Also it's a great website for research as the product reviews are very detailed and helpful. The only reason I gave it 4 starts is because when compared with amazon.com it leaves a lot to be desired. Why can't there be a common website for US and Canadian customers offering same price and same benefits to everyone? Come on Amazon! Don't you want us to love you even more??
rickw39
1/7/16
colleenk8
11/9/15
i notice a charge in my MasterCard for kindle. I don't even have a kindle. I called Amazon.ca to question the charge, I forgot the ladies name but she couldn't have been more accommodating and nice. Great service.
mariejoseeb
10/28/15
Good price, shipping is fast.
joanal1
2/25/15
I need a few books at a certain time and the shipping was a bit delayed but still received.

Slow shipping is nothing really and I still have lots of trust in Amazon and will continue to buy unless there's better prices some where else.
marlowv
3/16/11
I've ordered books from here and shipment was fast - BUT customer service was slow in getting back to me. This site is not as great as Amazon.com. You need to buy $35.00 worth to have free shipping... which is great for me as I usually surpass this $$ amount.
2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Don't believe their delivery guarantee. They are late 4/10 times and are unremorseful for it

By Debbie f.

I've never had to pay duty on anything from Amazon.ca, even if it was shipped from another country.

By Chris L.

Used to be but appears they may be changing their policies which effects anyone using the free shipping. The warehouse is in Brampton.

By Mary L.

Happened to me. Just another sneaky way that Amazon operates. Welcome to the club.

By Danilo M.

Certainly unfair.

By Chris l.

Questions? Get answers from the Amazon.ca staff and other customers.

14 Photos for Amazon.ca