The Alzheimer's Store reviews

Tel: 1-800-752-3238
contact@alzstore.com

lourdess16
2/12/19

I contacted them to return an unopened item and they refused to give me a return authorization and HUNG UP ON ME, she didn't even want to speak to me just wanted my money.

Response from Bruce B., The Alzheimer's Store Representative
The customer call and asked to return the item. Our customer represenative explained our return policy which is clearly stated on the site and agreed to and that this particular item is not returnable. She hung up. Our policy is very clear as we do not sell returned items. All items are available for replacement under the manufacture’s warranty isf there is a defect. This was not the case. We are a philanthropic company and we make donations of products to charities but we can not do that with the stuffed animals for health reasons.
We are a very available company as we can be reached by e mail,I chat, and our toll free number. We strive to be responsive. Customer service is a priority to us but we must adhere to our policy or we would be out of business. We deal we a certain clientele whose cognitive abilities decline daily and we are susceptible to many customers who no longer need the product at a certain point including immediately on receipt. We ask our customers to please donate the product to those in need.Thank us for allowing us to respond.
lauras488
7/5/18

The day after I ordered door alarms, my father had a stroke and the alarms were no longer needed. I contacted the company to cancel my order, but they said it was already shipped and I should just refuse the package. I did. But they said they never received it. They said they would refund according to their refund policy "as a gesture of good will" but the refund was only for half the price. If that is their policy for an unopened return, that is a TERRIBLE policy. I would NEVER order from these people again.

Response from Bruce B., The Alzheimer's Store Representative
Our policy is stated on our website and agreed to before a customer purchases. We do not sell used product as we donate it and we ask our customers to do the same. As in this particular case customer’s situations change daily and we would be out of business if we did not adhere to our policy. In this particular the custonmer purchased an item that cost less than $40. We supply shipping for free,pay the warehouse to ship it and also pay the credit card company to handle the transactions both at the time it is made and on the return. We do not make money on returns and we donate them. In this situation we did not even get the product back but we returned the money as a good faith gesture as if we did as per our policy. We take customer service very seriously.
galeb37
6/6/18

The products they sell are hard to find. I can understand why they have a strict return policy since these are frankly end-of-life or products that can be easily broken or soiled. I live with a dementia person so I understand why they have this policy. Whatever. Get real people. They are trying to help us. They helped our family.

karib13
12/26/17

The Alz Store will not let you return even if this happens! Lok8u, Robin was helpful at first but then when I could not get the second device to work it went downhill from there. My father has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's in August. He has left the house once so we thought this would be a great device to locate him if it was to happen again. First device I received it would not tell me where he was, per Robin the GPS was not working on the device. Robin told me to return it to him which I did. Second device came thought it was fine but then it would again not tell me exactly where he was. He was next to me in Shakopee but I got a message saying he was in Burnsville. I called to have the device returned as there is no way I am going to have to keep resetting it. I need this to be reliable, I can not have my dad gone in the cold and Robin telling me to reset the device again. I contacted The Alz Store to return the device as obviously we can not use it. Now they will not return it saying Robin says it is fine as the first was one was fine as well. Well if it is was fine then why did Robin return it the first time? If the device works then come to my house and show me as we are not obviously seeing the same thing as I have sent Robin numerous screen shots. So now my mom has to eat $267 for something she can not even use. It is so sad to know that seniors are being taken advantage of from people and sites like these. So please be aware when buying any products from The Alz Store and Lok8u Freedom make sure you read reviews!

kathleend60
12/1/17

I ordered a wireless bed alarm on October 28. The ALZ store charged my credit card the full amount on October 29, but I have yet to receive the product. I called and asked for shipping information and was told that they could not give me any because the item was being shipped from another location. Since that time they have not answered the phone or responded to my emails. I attempted to cancel the order, both over the phone and by email, and still have not received a response. So far they have $200 of my money for nothing. Update: I filed complaints with the BBB, Visa, and the State Attorney General's office. I did finally get a refund through these methods. I checked out the address on the initial email they sent me and it's a parking lot in New Jersey. According to the BBB they are doing business out of another location. I agree with the other reviewer that they are taking advantage of people by relying on the fact that caregivers are generally too overwhelmed and exhausted to complain about being ripped off.

Response from Bruce B., The Alzheimer's Store Representative
Please give me and order number or e mail address so I can ship u a new one immediately. Sorry for your inconvenience
ernestinev
9/27/17

True that they do have good products to offer but their customer service is utterly appalling. I ordered 3 products from this store (which they have charged my account almost as fast as I can type this review) and have yet to see any of the products I have ordered. I tried calling their customer service line but to no avail- the answering machine instructed me to leave a message for which they said will be answered within 24 hours. LIE! I emailed the store twice and have not gotten a reply. I was lucky enough to catch someone on the chat section of their website and finally got some type of communication with them. I ordered 3 products on Aug 15, 2017 and have yet to receive them. When I inquired, the account manager said that one of my order was not available and so they did not send the rest. When I told them I will wait for the product to become available and in the mean time have the rest of my order sent they said they can't do it that way. WHY?!? No explanation (or apologies,mind you) was given. They said to get the rest of my order I will have to cancel the item that was not available. Long story short, they did not even try to contact me AT ALL and let me know what was going on with my order - I finally had to inquire about it after waiting for well over a month! I WILL NEVER EVER SHOP AT THIS STORE AGAIN!!! CUSTOMER SERVICE NEEDS A SERIOUS OVERHAUL!!!

Response from Bruce B., The Alzheimer's Store Representative
Thank you for your review and bringing this problem to my attention. Since your review we now have a represenative call on customers who ordered products that are backordered to give them the opportunity to receive the order immediately with the items in stock and wait or cancel the back ordered item. In general the customer should not be able to order an item that we do not have in stock and there is a note on the item that says "e mail me when back in stock" .With over several hundred items specifically for Alzheimer's,dementia and memory loss we do find that the computer sometimes does not have this notice automatically available. We need to do better. As for your complaint about customer service for the phone, there are times I find it lacking too so we put in live chat as well as e mail at Contact@alzstore.com. We also have a catagory now call Ask the Expert which comes directly to me the owner of the web site. There are several products that I ask people to call me before ordering so I can discuss their needs Finally, I do answer my phone and return all messages at my personal cell which is 646-872-2690. If someone has a problem we want to do our best to handle it.
kl502
1/7/17

Yikes. Products were defective but we are still being given problems about returning them. Dishonest- price gouging families who are in a tight spot and need help with dementia care. Do not buy from them.

Response from Bruce B., The Alzheimer's Store Representative
I just found this site and your review. First I am sorry for your frustration. We cater to the Alzheimer's community and if a product is broken we replace it. We scour the world looking for products to meet the needs of symptoms of this disease and we know we do not price gouge it there are on line stores that may undersell us because they can buy the product cheaper. If you ever shop with us again call me directly first at 646-872-2690 so we can discuss your needs and I can make a recommendation
lauraw119
1/4/17

Make sure you check the return policy before ordering since many things are not returnable. I bought a medication dispensing box which has an alarm that freaks my mom out, but when I tried to get authorization to return it, I was told that it is on the list of items that they won't take back. I understand the reasoning, but if they had posted a note saying "this product cannot be returned" while I was ordering it, I would've thought twice about it. I did communicate this suggestion to them which was not particularly well-received.

Response from Bruce B., The Alzheimer's Store Representative
Actually your suggestion was a great one. We have our return policy link on the bottom of the page and now the customer can not check out until they agree to the return policy. Most items can be returned for a replacement but there are those like incontinence items that can not be returned once opened. We do not sell returned products. We donate them to charitable organizations. We replace all defective products as per our return policy. If you have any suggestions please call me at 646-872-2690
jasons82
11/18/13

This site has unique products. I have been on the web looking for a clock for my mother but Alzstore.com has the only Alzheimer's clock. She can no longer read digital. Also she loves their doll.

deniset5
2/28/13

Alzheimer's Store has some neat products for Alzheimer's patients. I was looking for some things for my aunt who has Alzheimer's Disease and moderate dementia and found things that I couldn't find at my local store (like this memory phone that I thought was neat http://shop.alzstore.com/Memory-Phone-0029.htm?categoryId=16 ). The prices I think are only OK but for a unique item for people with Alzheimer's, I suppose it's worth it.

Response from Bruce B., The Alzheimer's Store Representative
Thank you for your review. Any suggestions please call me at 646-872-2690

Tracking was delivered the other day and delivery is expected Friday.

By Bruce B., The Alzheimer's Store Representative

Questions? Get answers from the The Alzheimer's Store staff and other customers.

The Alzheimer's Store?