Review of AllPoetry

340 S. Lemon Ave #5614
Walnut, CA 91789

anital84
4/10/19

AllPoetry ( allpoetry.com) Is a wonderful place to learn and grow as a poet. It's huge knowledge base, is my go to, when I want to learn something new. Its members are warm and welcoming and its never ending supply of contest's and groups is enough to keep any writer focused and engaged for a very long time. I have been a member for well over ten years.Not a day goes by that I don't spend some time there, reading and sharing with other poets. Anita L.

henryw116
4/8/19

Worst site for plagiarism and racist trolls. Site officials are useless. Stay away from the site it doesn't get much worse than this.

Tip for consumers: waste of time

carloso56
2/22/19

Words
I'm a Puppeteer with these words.
I mold and sculpt a stage
Where there was but a blank page.
And there on that stage
that I've created from a blank page
I begin my play on words.
My word play.
I display the vulnerable pieces of my soul.
I put the truth and my heart in it all.
The good the bad you'll see it all.

CMO

Tip for consumers: Let your creative seams unveil.

lyndab144
2/18/19

Allpoetry has been my home for posting poetry for 14 years this August. I was a little surprised at some of the reviews, because in all those years, I have rarely had an issue. Once when I did encounter a person with a grudge who was attempting to harass me, the issue was taken care of promptly. I have not experienced any issues with plagiarism on AP as I have on prior sites. Kevin (the owner) has always been kind and supportive to the members, even when he faced a lot of backlash when making ANY changes to the site. People don't like change and they tend to believe they can speak rude when they have to face changes because some are paying members. As far as the cost being extreme, I totally disagree. I feel the price is well worth what we get, not to mention, he runs specials frequently. You are able to use the site free of charge if you choose to do so. AP has given me a place to post my work with no issues as well as enabled me to make lifelong friendships in the process. The mods as well as the owner Kevin in my experience have been kind, helpful and professional. I plan to be there as long as I am still kicking :) If you would like a place to showcase your work, meet other poets and exchange comments and grow from the experience, visit Allpoetry and form your own opinion. Hope to see you there!

brucef85
1/25/19

been off and on member for years, for the most part, i enjoy being able to leave my poetry not hassled to "donate" like say wiki sometimes, can share and find encouragement brueflo46@yahoo.com

dianak96
12/27/18

I've been submitting poems to AllPoetry for two years. AllPoetry
encourages and motivates through its user contests where points are
awarded. The points enable other writers to hold contests. I haven't
ever experienced any of the negatives other writers complain about.
Sometimes I buy a Silver membership (which is quite reasonable) and
never have had trouble cancelling and restarting it. Sure, it would be
nice to receive more constructive criticism in the comments, but since
most people on there are probably "amateurs" like myself, we don't feel
qualified to be too critical. If you just want to have fun, have your
voice heard by a few other writers, and be encouraged and motivated, AllPoetry is good site for you. It is also the most user friendly writers site I've visited.

neila51
12/18/18

AVOID THIS SITE AND ITS PERVERTED STAFF!!
Truly dreadful site. I've been a member for almost four years, and up until recently thought it was an innocent writing platform, one where I could share thoughts and possibly make some friends. FALSE.
AVOID THIS SITE AND ITS UNTRUSTWORTHY STAFF. It has been pointed out to me that the administrators and owner befriend people to gain access to other online platforms, where they obtain information and begin to troll and gaslight the members for entertainment purposes only. Others are leaving the site due to this becoming more and more clear to the regular users. As for the plagiarism that goes on, I will be contacting online law enforcement agencies.

Response from Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative
Yikes! If you experience a moderator doing anything inappropriate, please let us know on the site via gear icon -> contact us. We've never had any reported issues of moderators trolling like you describe in the 18 years we've been around, but I'd love more details on the site to investigate. Plagiarism is rare but we take it very seriously and should also be brought to our attention please.
apt
12/9/18

Been on the site four years, leaving shortly for the final time. The small groups on site with their dedicated members are its best aspect. Here you will find strong writers and great personal support to improve. Against that, the owner of the site will simply change parameters without any way to know the changes make sense. Width of poem windows, front page criteria and the list goes on. So there is a dichotomy of the good with the unfettered fiddling. Many can offset one against the other. I just got frustrated. Such great potential. But many have left and continue to leave and that slow trickle of quality writers has not been replaced.

Response from Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative
Sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience, and thanks for still leaving 4 stars : ) We haven't changed the with of poems in nearly 7 years; that's probably how you have your browser set up, or if you have your text zoomed in (ctrl+0 to reset). Front page hasn't changed much either except to limit the frequency the same person can be featured, there's also been some discussion of this on the site policy board. I can assure you many more people are joining than leaving, though judging quality is of course more complicated. It can be hard because over 4 years many of your favorites from 4 years ago may not be there anymore, so one has to keep finding people to follow... Please let us know on the site via the gear icon -> contact us if you need help with anything.
malatit
12/7/18

Your are the most picked one always carrying my poetry..!
Somebody can easily write a poem with his emotional state of mind.
Go beyond the society and culture as well as any situation in life.
Fulfill the desire of hearts core.

eko
10/27/18

I was a nobody.nobody recognised me.But sir Kevin saw the hidden potential in me which needed polishing. I started as a beginner. I did not know the ABC of poetry.But Sir Kevin never discouraged me.He encouraged me with his positive comments.
Soon I started writing inspirational poetry and rose to get a name for myself Ek Onkar and fame. I carved out a niche for myself . But under Sir Kevin's guidance,I was taught to be humble which I am and everyone wants to shake my hands because of my poetry and I credit my success to allpoetry.it is an elixir which helped me fight depression and gave birth to a cure Hypoalgesic effect of using motivational words.kudos to Sir Kevin for creating a One stop for all website

jamilam5
8/2/18

You write a good review for the site, then a negative one. Always playing games. Build a home is the title you gave one of your posts.You called me disgruntled after I left my initial posts. Everything is a game to you. You do not care if a fake review affects the livelihood of another person. That is pretty twisted $#*! right there.

You are harassing my family. My family are off limits.

You know my number, call it. Do not $#*!ing leave threatening messages on my family voice mail. Stay to $#*! away from my family! You want something from me come directly to me. I am right here. You know my $#*!ing number you used it enough.

Stop the stalking. The hacking. The creating fake profiles, and using technology to do your dirty work. It has been twelve years. What the $#*! do you want? You are violating me, and you keep doing it. And not only are you violating me, but my family as well. You $#*!ing hate me. Tell me. Tell me to my $#*!ing face.

Let's meet up. Let us have a conversation. I have already said face to face to you twice, and you never answered me. Instead you like to get off on doing this bull$#*!. Harassing me when I was on facebook with fake profile after fake profile. And on youtube doing the same thing. Going on black people's pages and harassing users on there with your $#*!.

And stop using 800notes as your $#*!ing message board. You keep creating threads and answering under the guise of a different person. Until you I never knew that a person could write and then review their own $#*!. What is the purpose of doing that?

I have listened to your racist rhetoric, death threats, and your faux morality soap box rantings for long enough. You have been trying to break my spirit. I want to say try harder. When we see each other you can tell me about myself.

This has been going on since 2006. This is now 2018.

This is not a game to me. It never was.

As to the owner of this website you are $#*!. You chose to blame me. And said that someone I live with is doing this. I do not or have I ever posted $#*! about my living arrangements in all the years that I have written on your site. I never discussed these matters. So how would you know how I live? What would you know about it?

You provide a service for people to use to write about their lives. You should $#*!ing care what happens to your users. And not blame or shame them because this is a difficult situation and you wish to cover your ass! Do better with your users now. I think you need to take your own advice and check yourself. Start there first.

8/2/2018 10:43 pm

I am living with the knowledge that a stranger is following me around. They know exactly where I am at all times. They eavesdrop on my conversations and post it online. There is not one moment in my day that I am not aware that this malicious person is following me. Pretending to be this person and that person. Going to great lengths to create some sort of reality for me.

One minute they are this person. The next a different person. The outcome is all the same. And I still do not know this person's name or face. The violence in which this person has spoken speaks volumes of who they are. The fact that consequence means nothing because they have hidden themselves in such a way that it appears innocuous when it is quite the opposite is disheartening.

I cannot just go inside the comfort of my home and close my door. I cannot shut this evil out. The evil has crept inside, and lives with me every day for years.

The issue that is most repugnant about this situation is that they blame you for it. It is not only that you put yourself through paces. But when you seek help it is treated as though these kind of problems do not exist. And that the is problem is of your own making.

The reason that I started writing remains here with me. Added to it is this very pernicious sick thing. It is somebody trying to wear me down, and crush my spirit. And take from me all that makes me me.

There are many people living with this kind of thing and they are reluctant to voice what is happening to them. They have tried and tried and no one who could stop this $#*! listens. And if you do not have the money to pay. You are stuck dealing with it on your own.

They fake it. All of it is faked. They use untraceable numbers. Dead end numbers. They use international numbers. They steal your identity. They know your SSN, where you live, how you live. Even your breathing pattern. They know these things without ever knowing you. There is no human element to this. They extract that part.

What have you done with my information over the years? How have you used my identity? What have you done? I know you created facebook profile using my name. I have asked you numerous times to take it down. You apologized and changed the name. Then turned around and created a new page stealing my identity. I have observed you commenting on youtube using my name and using derivatives of my family's name. But the unseen things...What have you done?

This theater act is a sum of too many lifetime movies. A bad reproduction of one too many ill written books. There is much arrogance to this, and a healthy dose of entitlement as well. You have been riding high believing you will never get caught. I would go as far as to say that you believe that whatever you try to do to me, there will be no accountability for your actions. Let me assure you that you are wrong on all counts.

I will not have my rights as a human being be questioned. I wrote about my feelings and my experiences. I wrote as me, and lied about nothing. The good, the bad and the ugly. I said the things I wanted to say. I did not hurt anyone. If anything I cared too $#*!ing much. I have no regrets no matter the provocation. And if I had a chance I would do it over again only this time I would do it even better.

This is my life, and I shall live is as I wish. I do not owe anyone any $#*!ing explanations. No one absolutely no one controls me.

You have attached yourself to me like some $#*!ing parasite. Trying to suck the life force from me. Who the hell do you think you are to do this to me?

No matter what it is you are not entitled to me or my attention. My life is my own. You cannot intimidate me or control me. Stop the $#*!ing nonsense. Enough is enough.

Response from Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative
Sorry - I have *NO* Idea what you are talking about :( Sounds like you had a problem with someone you know in real life stalking you on allpoetry? Or are you saying I the owner or our moderators stalked you? I can definitely guarantee we didn't. We do provide an ignore list function to block users, and if someone is trying to get around that by making multiple accounts, that is against our rules and we can try to block them further.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with a user. If you still need help, please contact us on the site by using the gear icon then "contact us".
rickw169
7/29/18

I came to AllPoetry in 2016 after being bullied and manipulated off of two popular sites by the same group of trolls and manipulators. The owner, Kevin, is fair minded, attentive to details and listens to the issues put before him with a firm but amicable hand. He does stay very busy, but that is to be expected from the largest and most popular poetry site in the world. If you have a genuine issue, he will respond to you, or...one of his many highly competent moderators will answer your questions in a relatively short time....they do NOT tolerate bullying, trolling or spamming..and they address issues of that nature very efficiently. It is a generally friendly community, with many fun diversions, such as contests, groups, schools and an active support group. While it is not perfect ( i don't particularly like the autorank system for its 'mechanical' aspects) i find this to be the friendliest, most user friendly, compassionate and effective poetry venue available on the internet..If you are willing to put in the time, you will earn amazing personal satisfactions from the process....by all means, check it out!

luizs7
7/6/18

I ran into this site by accident doing an irrelevant search and I can tell you by experience that these bad reviews seem to be just a personal bandeta against Kevin and the site...
Like this "pay to post"....I've never had to pay a thing to post anything. And even if he did, which he doesn't, how else is he supposed to pay for server time and all other costs associated with running the site? How is he supposed to eat. Do these idiots work for free? Some people r just so bitter.

sams528
6/24/18

Not only this site uses poetry as a way to hide the pay to post policies but in many ways scams newcomers and bullies those who question the owner's policies

Response from Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative
Hmm, we certainly don't have a "pay to post" policy - we're proud to offer all the important features (adding poems, commenting on each other, entering contests, etc) on the free membership, and the vast majority of our members are using the free membership. We welcome discussion of the community rules in our forum for this purpose.
fabiennew
6/6/18

I have been a member on AP for more than 12 years (I did stop for a few years for personal reasons) The site is good there are many great writers other not so great but they will improve it they keep trying and read other people work. There is a pleasant community. You can find every style and fit in with your own There are many contests you can enter run by fellow poets. You can get critical review or just nice comment from people who read your poems and like them. Overall I never seen a better site for poetry that gives you the freedom to participate at your own pace with your style find your own voice and grow as a poet. You can be a pay member or go for free in exchange for a free ride you have to make 3 comments for every poem you post to encourage participation I have done it it is possible and friendly. Now I pay for membership and taking up some reduction offers it is actually quite affordable. Thank you to Kevin for running it it is absolutely fantastic.

lukeb90
6/4/18

Some decent poets on here, and a few amazing ones. But Most is crap. Trite prose with trite reviews. The Mods are mostly idiots from the owners ass-kissing inner circle. If you don't pay the super expensive monthly fee then he freezes you out so you can never be number one no matter how many reviews you post. Usually once you have reached between 50 and 70 likes per week he makes it so that no one sees your reviews anymore until you drop in the rankings or sign up and fork over some hard cash. This shows the level manipulation and the lack of integrity he has. Contests are mostly rigged. If you pay your chances of winning goes up dramatically. Complete crooks. He claims to have 500,000 members but its really less than a thousand active members. And about a core 200-300 that always appear in the comments section. Again, everything is geared to get you to pay to play. Constant reminders to sign up and pay or buy merchandise or that he is having a sale. LMAO. He wants 20 bucks for a t-shirt made in china of a scavenger bird cheaply printed on it. Sometimes its on sale but the fact that he is modeling it makes you want to puke. He looks so damn creepy in them. DO NOT PAY the $15 bucks for the so called gold membership. Its a monthly charge and he charged me long after I quit. I only joined to see if I was right about him manipulating the site. And sure enough, Just as suspected. Oh, and contrary to US and European Law, they snoop on your private messages in your own personal inbox. Again, pervy and Kreepy. Someone should report them to the authorities and have them shut down. Also, I have searched my poetry on this site and more than once have found people plagiarizing my poems. And the owner runs another scam where he claims to own your copyright and the right to publish your poetry. I checked with my Agent and Entertainment lawyer and they Laughed. Especially in California where the Copyright protections are even stricter this douche tries to say that he can publish your works in his fake anthologies and sell them. As my Lawyer Mr. Stern said, "Cant wait for him to try that with my poems so my Publisher can sue the crap out of him and then I can own his site".

Response from Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience :( We don't require any transfer of copyright, and our privacy policy is quite clear on the "rights" we need to be able to post your work online. Plagiarism is rare but we take it very seriously, please use the "contact us" link with examples. Paid members do NOT get any higher ranking in site-run contests; other points contests are run by members so I can't speak to them. We are proud that 100% of the important features of the site are available to our many free members. Our terms of use also makes it clear that we can investigate messages in the case of harassment/threats/court orders, but this is very restricted and logged. Membership can be canceled at any time from your profile. Hope your poetry writing goes well and that you can find a good community for you.
ashlenc
6/3/18

I've been a member of StoryWrite/AllPoetry for going on ten years in a few months time. I started on this website in high school, while the chatterbox feature was always full and the social element of the site was easier to break into. Being easier to break into different circles, I was able to receive comments and feedback from a range of poets and writers. I would build friendships and my experience was really enjoyable.
I purchased a Lifetime Gold Membership, back when this feature was available and it wasn't a monthly subscription option. When the site updated a few years ago I lost that membership, after writing a message to Kevin it was swiftly corrected and I've never had an issue since then.

Now days the site feels quieter, the updates to the platform made socialising and connecting with other writers and poets harder. Making friends and securing an audience now feels impossible, since most of the old members I would talk to have left over the years. I still log in every day that I can, I lead a large collection of small groups that are used for collaborative world building exercises, however the members within these groups are personal friends from the good old days.

While I don't doubt that StoryWrite/AllPoetry is busy, and receives many visits from web traffic, considering I can monitor the views on my work I do know I get a lot of silent consumers and not many comments anymore. I do also feel alienated and would assume that new writers may find the site hard to navigate or connect with.

As for prices, my family purchased my membership as a gift for a birthday and I personally don't have to pay for it, however I do find that the cost is rather high for a gold membership, it's a little more than I pay for my Netflix account, and I feel the only change for the kind of account is the ability to use rich text editing and add photographs and start your own groups. However, I never got the free t-shirt that is part of the newer offer as I joined the membership program before the offer was available, it's a decent gift for the money, I just wish there were some other perks.

I'd love to see this site as big and busy as it once felt, I'm not going anywhere any time soon, but I do still like to reminisce.

Tip for consumers: A Gold Membership isn't essential to enjoy what this website offers.

martyn10
5/12/18

I've now read a number of the negative reviews about AllPoetry.com. The criticisms are truly about the users, not the site. Sure, some users issue gratuitous or vague praise, or mean-spirited criticism. Sure, with 50,000 visitors a month, a bit of user plagiarism may escape this site, basically run by one (heroic) person. And one or two critics weren't suffiiciently satisfied with the fact that anyone can post poems for free, as many as they like. But to not have to comment on any other poets, you need pay said heroic man behind AllPoetry.com, $5 a month, the price of a large coffee at one of the "artisinal\" coffee joints poets choose to patronize rather than the "evil" Starbucks. Again, I reiterate, I am no shill for the site. I am new to it as of a few months ago and have grown as a poet, shared poems with folks, and made a couple of online friends. If only most people were as contributory as Kevin, the guy who created such a societally beneficial service.

reop1
5/1/18

This isn't a poetry site so much as a social site. If you want a social site, I'd suggest sticking to mainstream ones. If you want to get better at poetry, this is not the place to go.

Response from Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative
Sorry to hear you didn't find it helpful :( There's definitely a mix of "encouraging" and "constructive" comments, so it's hard to know which one you're currently getting sometimes. The "automatic" ones you get upon posting a poem will be encouraging. Try out the "trade comments" tab, small groups, or some of the contests for the more detailed reviews. It can also take awhile, but poets often build relationships that let them trade detailed critiques knowing that they'll be returned.
alliew19
5/1/18

most of the people are respectful and thankfully it's not like some sites like wattpad where you have to have a billion followers before anything happens..it really is about poetry. lots of diversity. the only thing is that "autorank" feature which is really annoying and detrimental. it'll tell you that your favorite poem you've ever written is a 1/10 just because your verb syntax isn't normal or whatever. however, it's a very good, earnest community with good moderators. I also like that you can turn off the "points" and "levels" thing so that it really is just about poetry.

Response from Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative
Thank you! The automatic ranking definitely isn't for everyone, and is totally optional. It is one of the things we try to give amateur poets a limited sense of how their poems would be judged by a professional journal. There's a tendency in communities to be "only" encouraging, so it's just one of the things, along with small groups and a "detailed" comment exchange, that we use to help people get enough feedback (hopefully in a gentle way) to improve, if that's something they're interested in.
erikah34
3/2/18

Horrible site. Rude moderators. Make sure to look at cc statements to make sure you aren't overcharged after cancelling.

Response from Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our moderators :( You're welcome to ask to have the owner (me) review anything via the ticket system if you think you weren't treated fairly. All our actions are based on complaints from other users, so it is hard to keep everyone happy :(

Memberships can be cancelled at any time on the site, and we even offer a generous 2 week refund policy for any past renewals.
mikez40
8/4/17

All Poetry more like all ho's please
Plagiarism galore fake ass people
No lives fatties that haven't been laid since
Kennedy was in office you have too kiss ass
to $#*!ty poets who steal others work that they would call being "inspired" read a book you $#*!ing lazy retard. Do not join groups these people are ball wax under Lucifers sac diseased gashes galore

Post your sit on other websites if you choose this site you might as well bend over and have Big Ben shoved up your ass

But hey if your a weak minded individual and love kissing ass then this is the site for you.

Nothing but a den of thieves a few diamonds in between

Watch the wild smile she is a snake she believes in talking moon who is afraid of the sun .

Response from Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative
We don't tolerate plagiarism, so if you see something please contact our moderators by clicking the gear icon in the top right, then "contact us". Not really sure how to respond to your other words, but we're a very active community with over 50,000 visitors in the last month, so there are poets of all types... :)
peterk144
8/3/17

A couple of weeks ago I discovered that All Poetry had used without permission three of my translations (with Andrea Christofidou) from Karyotakis. I e-mailed them, and received a somewhat evasive reply from Kevin Watt. I responded by repeating my request that they be taken down, as they broke copyright law, but (rather overgenerously, as I now think) gave permission for them to use four translations that have already been published in journals. I received no reply to that, and I find that the translations are still there (one of the four for which I gave permission has a link under Karyotakis, but it points to a blank page, and claims to be "a poem by Amunet Wolfbane", "Written with peter j. king and andrea christofidou".

I've now sent another, less friendly, e-mail, giving seven days before I start the legal process; as one of my colleagues is a specialist in intellectual copyright law, this is easier (and cheaper) for me than for most people, who would probably not feel able to take things that far.

[The site did eventually take down the translations, I'm happy to report -- though the translation that I gave them permission to use still has no publication acknowledgement, as I'd asked.]

[Further up-date: The site owner has now replied, with a dishonest account of what happened (as my original review makes clear, I didn't wait only twenty-four hours between my complaint and writing the review), and without having noticed that I had indeed up-dated my review to acknowledge that the copyright violations had been taken down (albeit accompanied by further problems).

I'd strongly recommend against having anything to do with this site.]

Response from Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative
One of the things allpoetry does is post classic poetry for modern poets to learn from. One of our volunteers added a poem that had been translated by Peter. Peter contacted us, and then less than 24 hours later added this review. We subsequently deleted and credited the posts as he had requested, though he has not responded to our requests to revise this review.
janl62
7/25/17

I read the reviews here and joined this site just to reply to a few people who are out of touch with reality. Points are used to host contests if you so desire or to give to people who took the time to give you a good critique on your poem. Memberships do not cost money, I became a paid member just to say thank you for all the wonderful free writing courses I have taken, and years of helping me stay balanced. There are narrow minded and sometimes stupid people here , but I have met even more caring intelligent people with a fresh point of view. And I am in awe of the quality of poems you can find here. If you want your poetry to improve or just want to read some great poems you will love this site and it's many wonderful perspectives with a very helpful staff..

Tip for consumers: You get a free paid membership on your birthday after a year for a week I think, it is not a mercenary site, it is a very wonderful site with wonderful people in it.

sujayr
7/23/17

I'm on AP since 2 years now and I didn't find it that fascinating.. This site has surely gained popularity, has few of good poets on the site who may give you a right feedback on your poetry. But, the poet's community focuses on rather social-siting, chatting instead of discussions based on poetry.. You don't usually get many comments/ feedback on your poems if you're not involved in the community's socialism. You gotta go and talk to people, get friends and chill to gain only buttery and nice comments for your poems. Also, not all contests conducted here do the justice. There are few people who conduct a contest, some same people enter and win the trophies even if there are lots of pieces being far more better and professional than these.. Also, these days, the site is grown up in a dating site, people instead of poems, have more of proposing, loving and cheesy stuffs going on there...
So, all in on, I recommend you to stay away from this site, it might get you addicted too soon as a social site and also, make your time's loss, as I've experienced sometimes... I hope this helps to those who think to join.

Tip for consumers: Search for some other platform.

Response from Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative
"You don't usually get many comments/ feedback on your poems if you're not involved" - this is a site for poets to give each other feedback, so yes when you interact more, you'll certainly get more comments. One of the best places for this is the "trade comments" tab on the front page.

We had a very rare server issue unfortunately, the site is back up as of a few hours ago now. Thanks for your patience!

By Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative

Sorry for the few hours of downtime last night, site was up a few hours ago. Thanks for letting us know!

By Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative

Yes there's a link "[ Edit poem ]" in the upper right corner of the poem page once you're logged in.

By Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative

Most publishing happens online these days, so it's not much a question of where you reside. We do have publishers that visit the site looking for poems, but mostly they rely on paid submissions to cover the costs of their fees so you need to go looking for them. We're working on a guide with suggested publications - check back on the "Publishing" tab of our site in the next month or so for more info. Thanks!

By Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative

You can use your points to host contests of your choice where you will award virtual trophies to entrants after judging and choosing the best poems.

By Lynda B.

Usually this means javascript is misconfigured or broken on your computer. Try resetting your security settings to the default, and make sure your browser has all the latest updates. Comments need to be made from the "now comment" page, vs. clicking titles to comment...

By Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative

Yes, you keep copyright to your poems and are free to post, publish, or share them elsewhere. You can see our terms of use link, click Help / Contact us at the bottom of the page if you want to see the gory details.

By Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative

To start your own contest, or reward people who make comments on your poems. But please use the site forums for questions in general, so the community can help ya out.

By Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative

Yes all the courses are free :)

By Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative

It's very rare. We've had a few complaints over the years and taken action when necessary. Our moderators are very active so it's easy to get help. There's no technology that can guarantee it. There are things which prevent copying to you clipboard, but they are very easy to get around - so it only ends up hurting the "good" people and not the bad people. But ultimately with poetry there's not many "bad" people because it is very difficult to make much money from selling a poem, so there's not much motivation.

By Kevin W., AllPoetry Representative
Questions? Get answers from the AllPoetry staff and other customers.

6 Photos for AllPoetry