Review of AllegiantAir

Las Vegas, NV 89137
Tel: +1 866-719-3910

joannl51
2/16/19

Purchased airfare for my anniversary, made sure to read the fine print and purchased trip protection because my boyfriend works a job where things can get cancelled last minute, so I wanted to be sure that I could get my money back.

What they don't explicitly tell you is that while yes, you do get a refund, no you do not get your money back. Instead they issue you travel vouchers. This seems like an ok thing, but what they also don't tell you, the travel voucher is ONLY good from the date of purchase.

So if, like me, you book 2 months in advance for your anniversary so that you don't pay ridiculous fees to fly by waiting last minute, your voucher isn't good past you original date of purchase.

So I have $600 worth of flight vouchers that might not get used, because the only time off we both get each year for vacation, is our anniversary, which is past the date of booking.

harryh43
4/23/18

I only give 2 stars instead of 1 because other than this one travel nightmare, I get from point A to point B without much problem.

Here's the Travel Nightmare. I was on a flight from LAS to IND to attend my daughter's college graduation the next day. When we got to IND there was a big thunderstorm over the airport, so we circled for a while, and then the pilot said we had to divert to Cincinnati because we were running low of fuel. Allegiant serves Cincinnati. Ok, I get that - that can happen. We landed in Cincinnati.

Here's where the horror story begins. The storm cleared Indy by the time we got to CVG. They wouldn't send the plane back to IND, presumably because they wanted to save fuel money and use that plane from CVG to LAS the next day. The gate agent/supervisor announced that they had to await instructions from the Allegiant ops center. Ok, I can understand that. We waited a couple of hours. Finally, the gate sup said that they were calling some limo bus line in CVG to see if they can take us. By this time it's midnight or so. It seemed like nobody at the limo service answered - they probably didn't want to wake up and drive us to Indy. It was some no-name limo service, not like a Greyhound, which Amtrak uses in similar situations. We wait ANOTHER 2 HOURS, and then, wait for it---- the gate sup gets our attention by the podium. Understandably people, and a number of them aren't seasoned travelers like me, are really irate. A couple of passengers turn on their cell phones to video her announcement. The gate sup gets real defensive, and announces that she refuses to say anything IF ANYONE IS RECORDING! We are all incredulous, but those with phones turn their cams off. She then proceeds to tell us that ALLEGIANT WILL NOT FLY US TO INDY IN THAT PERFECTLY GOOD PLANE NOR PROVIDE A BUS FOR US because they couldn't get a hold of the limo service. She does say that, at 3 a.m., they'll reimburse us for a hotel room after we turn in receipts, and if we choose to go to downtown Cincinnati and take a Greyhound bus, or get an Uber, they'll send us reimbursement. Luckily as I was walking out of the airport I was with a gentleman who was calling Uber to see if anyone would drive all the way to the Indy airport, and asked if I could carpool with him. We fortunately did find someone crazy enough to take us there. But BE FOREWARNED - IF YOU GET DIVERTED TO ANOTHER CITY OTHER THAN YOUR OWN DESTINATION, YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN!

As to the recent media reports about the problems with their older planes, which they're replacing little by little, I've not had any problems, and figure that now that they are under a very large and uncomfortable public microscope, they'll be more vigilant about their planes. I've not had any problems with nasty inflight crews. The CVG gate crew and sup were the worst ones I've seen with this airline.

bradt6
3/18/16

I would suggest this company change their name to "zero customer service" and slap that on the tails of their planes because you will get none. And I mean literally. They don't offer a phone number on the website. They give you the option to email a rep. And it says 24-48 hours you will get a response. When talking about important business travel, do you want to wait 48 hours for an email? It is really hard to believe there is a business model this bad. Pay the extra 40 bucks and fly with a reputable company, trust me.

melissas39
2/9/15

I was excited to have a non-stop flight for my sister and I to go see our ailing Mom. My sister does not fly well so I wanted a non-stop flight to make it easier for her. Everything is done on line and they do not have any customer service people you can contact directly by phone or chat. They also have lots of extra charges including a fee to choose your seats because they can't guarantee you will sit together if you don't pay to select seats. I thought this was really tacky. Ticketing was fine, flight out was fine except they state they accept cash for beverages and snacks but they actually don't and the plane was a bit dirty. The real problem was on the return trip. I fly very well but kept feeling worse and worse as the flight progressed. I was wheezing and feeling sick to my stomach. I then started breaking out in a rash. I found out why, the lady in front of me and her husband had a tiny dog wrapped in a blanket. I am highly allergic to dogs. No airline crew member asked anyone around them if there was an issue with the dog and I did not see the dog literally until we were landing. I was then sick for the next two days because the allergic reaction caused an asthma attack. I almost had to go to the hospital. I emailed the airlines asking them to rethink their policy as I had to take additional time off work due to my allergy/asthma attack. I realize the air is circulated and I still would have felt a bit ill but not to the extent it caused to have the dog so close. If I had been asked, I would have requested one of us change seats. I sent my email on 8/7/14 and they responded on 9/26 stating: "We regret that you was uncomfortable concerning the actions of the dog on this flight. Please understand, that we do allow pets and service animals on our aircrafts. We do realize that this may cause an inconvenience for other passengers but this is our policy." They went on further to state it was my responsibility to notify them the dog was a problem even though I didn't see it until the end of the flight and by then it was too late. I guess asking for them to notify passengers around someone with a dog is too much to ask. Because of their lack of basic customer service I will avoid them in the future.

Questions? Get answers from the AllegiantAir staff and other customers.

AllegiantAir?