Review of AFC Home Club

Marietta, Georgia 30066, United States
Tel: 1-866-242-0629

kathleenv56
4/30/19

We spent $1385 for a 3 year warranty September 2018. Our first call was April 2019 for a broken HVAC unit. Yesterday, we were told we aren't covered, so have to pay $7800 out of pocket for a new unit. What good is a warranty if they don't cover items when they break???

rodneyw41
3/26/19

I am a current plan holder. I currently have a 1 year gold plan for my home.
This company has me jumping threw hoops when i try to submit a claim, then depriciates everything out. So unless you own all new appliances this plan is worthless...
I tried speaking with the manager but he was of no help. Before you buy a home warrenty ask the question, (Do you depriciate appliances out based on age) Lesson learned..

vivenav
1/22/19

I am a verified actual AFC home club member. My membership started 5/22/17. Plan summary : 3 Year Gold. Total purchase price 1295.00$. Membership # CLR-960011810. Valdez Homeland CA. DONT PURCHACE THIS PLAN!! My heater was not covered because according to them it had depreciated. ( I thought only cars depreciated?) They payed 180.00, I payed over 850.00 to fix my heater. In addition, they cashed it out rendering it no longer a covered item. Lastly, I found out they cashed out my refrigerator after it was repaired. Finally, it has me wondering if the toilet they repaired this year has also been cashed out?

novemberc
12/19/18

I experienced the BEST SERVICE! My husband and I are new homeowners and had an issue with some plumbing. We were able to call the service department and was helped right away! It was such an easy process, and they sent out a technician the very next day in less than 24 hours! We are very impressed with AFC and am happy we made the right choice of being a member!

tonib77
8/8/18

I wasn't crazy about the warranty that we had. I looked under warranty and I read a blurb. I then went into AFC Home Club's webpage and they seemed good. So I got them. Submitting a claim with them hasn't been difficult. They are very responsive and there's no real delay. That gives them a really good mark. You call, you get a number, they call you back and ask you what's happening. Then they assign you to someone, and that person calls you the next day and makes an appointment. Also, they have very good service people who come out. I've been very impressed with the last few contractors we had. They were nice and very professional and they knew what they were doing.

phillipl34
1/5/18

Do not purchase a home warranty plan from this company. They do not honor their plans and only give you the run around. They take your claim and never send a repair man. When asked which company has been assigned the repair they just give you random companies. When you call the repair company they say they do not work with AFC home club. It is just a scam.

susanl68
4/5/17

This review not only complains about America's First/1st Choice Home Club ("AFC") but about the advertising process where top reviews are claimed but cannot be read or disputed, and no new reviews can be made. Clearly, AFC spends lots of money creating alleged industry praise. Their online website where you go to read through all the details and get a quote is defective. Lots of redundancy and defects, and there is no way to print or obtain a final quote if you don't just simply choose the gold, silver or lead plans. If you try and add a pool, there are different prices, but no way to sort through and obtain a final quote. When you reach one of AFC's sales people, they refuse to give you a quote you can use in an escrow. AFC doesn't know how to go from the verbiage to the quote to an official quote that can be used. AFC's sales people are haughty and hostile. There is no customer service and no intelligence behind the aggressive advertising. I lost 2 weeks just trying to get to a place where we had a policy/contract. Couldn't get there and couldn't get past the rude sales folks. Maybe it works if you live in Georgia.

Tip for consumers: There are competitors whose websites work and who can arrange to get you your quote/contract without any fuss.

Questions? Get answers from the AFC Home Club staff and other customers.

1 Photo for AFC Home Club