Review of Adrianna Papell

Tel: 1-800-325-9450
customerservice@adriannapapell.com

elinab6
8/17/18

The customers service is terrible. They're lying about the returns. Think twice before buying anything from them

shelynel
8/10/18

I have to say that I love the dress, it took less than a month to arrive and I'm happy with that! Unfortunately, when I opened up the plastic, there were so many sequins falls off! It is normal for sequins to fall off from a full-on sequin dress but this is way out of normal. I look closely on the threads and the workmanship is so bad that all threads are left hanging, no dead knot. My mom have to scan through the dress and fix it! It's expensive for what it is.. I would definitely not recommend it unless they improve their workmanship.

alinap18
7/25/18

I have placed an order on the 15th of July 2017. It's been 10 days already and my order wasn't sent to me, MOREOVER I was double charged (first on the 15th, then on the 23rd for some reason. I can confirm it was NOT a pending payment I actually got charged twice for no reason!)

Please check with your financial department and refund me the second payment asap. Also, please finally advise when my order will be shipped? Please reply to my emails.

My order number is 00200228

Alina P.

nicks292
6/27/18

I have tried to cancel a dress for my daughter. There is zero communication, no dress and no Refund.

claudiab52
5/15/18
• Updated review

Finally got my return label.....past due the date, I could return the dresses for a refund. Used one return label and taped two boxes together. After multiple phone calls to the company, I saw a refund for all the dresses on my pay pal....that same day I get a call from the company that none of the dresses have been returned????????I told them about the credit and the customer service rep said that was impossible.....the saga continues

“horrible customer service”
4/30/18
• Previous review

I purchased several dresses from Adrianna Papell for my daughter's wedding. Nothing fit too big or too small. Tried to print a return label but the site said I had no account and no email address could be found...even though I received multiple emails from them. customer service is closed on weekends. Finally reached customer service..took forever to straighten it out, still not quite finished, the person has to check with his supervisor because I need two return labels for one order even though they came in two separate boxes....are you kidding me. I still have to stick with the 30-day return even after all this.......

marym635
3/13/18

This company does not stand by its product! I ordered my dress from here and 8 bridesmaid dresses. ALL of them had beads falling off. Full strands even before the ceremony. When I reached out to them they said that they gave a bag of beads with the gowns. Are you kidding me? The day of my daughters wedding before the wedding I am supposed to so on beads. They offered me 10% off my next purchase. I would never order from them again. Customer service is rude! And try to write a review on their page, the send an email to you saying that they will not post your reviews.

sophiem38
11/9/17

Ordered a dress from AP for my wedding and it arrived with beading missing from the front of the dress. Even though the dress was defective the company would not return it as it was a final sale item and I received a long string of patronising emails from one of the worst customer service departments I have ever encountered. I wish I had read the reviews here before ordering and will be actively warning friends and family away from this awful company.

kirstend8
10/31/17

DO NOT buy from their website directly. Especially the sale section. I am getting stuck with a merchandise credit on an item that did not have "final sale" on the item description page. I called customer service and no one could help me understand why I am not getting a refund to my credit card. There is no manager onsite apparently after 5 pm, which is when most people can call because it is after work. Then the customer service rep. said corporate issues the refunds, but would not give me their information to call them directly. In the market retailers are in today, based on the customer service I received, Adrianna Papell will lose all their customers.

pattyw22
10/11/17

I purchased an Adrianna Papell beaded gown for my sons wedding, and it was absolutely gorgeous. However, after wearing the gown approximately 10 hours, when I changed out of it and laid it on the bed (I never hung it up as the beading made it so heavy I feared it would stretch out), I noticed numerous COMPLETE lines of beading missing. I was hoping to shorten the gown for use later, sell it to someone who would appreciate, or donate it to a cleaners who collects gowns for high schoolers attending a prom that cant afford to buy new (the dress is a size 8). After contacting Adrianna Papell, they told me I could either get ahold of the company I purchased it from (they would do nothing as I purchased the gown November, 2016 for my sons wedding September, 2017). I also would not expect the store selling THEIR brand of clothing to do anything since Adrianna Papell is the manufacturer. They told me they could possibly send more beads as the little bag attached when I purchased the dress would in no way cover the number missing, but I felt this would be ridiculous as I figured more of the originals would continue to drop off if worn again. They then explained that bead loss should be expected if the dress is worn. WHAT?!?!? I did not buy the dress to look at it on a hanger! BUYER BEWARE! The original price of this dress was $369, and it barely made it through one wearing. It is basically trashed. I wish I could give a negative rating because they dont even deserve a 1! No stars from this girl!

mayam23
5/30/17

I ordered a dress three weeks ago! Havent received anything upto date and the order number i have doesnt go through!!! My account was charged and haven't received anything from them than a yuck customer service!!
If you really care for the money u struggle to get, avoid loosing it to this site.. if u have lots to waste and dont care about your money worth, feel free to shop with AP. Am not done with you!!!

irisg15
5/16/17

This past Friday night I ordered 2 dresses during their 75% off flash sale. I was very excited to receive the dresses as I was hoping to wear as bridesmaid dresses. Yesterday (Monday) I received an email saying the order was cancelled due to a billing issue. I was very confused as I've never had problems ordering online before. I called Adrianna and was told that even though it showed my transaction went thru when I placed the order, when Adrianna tried to collect the money my bank "withheld" the money. I was extremely confused at this point and called chase bank. They informed me the payment was pending and the order could not have been canceled because of them. I called Adrianna back and informed them what my bank said, at this point another girl told me that the order was actually cancelled because my shipping address could not be verified (so they lied to me initially I guess) she claimed I was called to verify my shipping address (it was different from billing), I didn't answer and so they cancelled the order. This makes no sense to me 1. Why do they need to verify the address?! It was my school address 2. Why would they only call to verify once? No voicemail was left and no email was sent asking me to confirm my address. 3. Why did they lie initially? I asked for a manager and was told I would get a call back. A few hours passed and no call so I called back. They must have put notes on my account because right away I was told that the manager was on the phone and either way both dresses I initially ordered were no longer available. I asked for corporate and was told they will call me within 24-48 hours. I'm incredibly frustrated and after reading the reviews here I realize Adrianna Papell is not a good business to deal with.

maries110
5/10/17

After receiving a dress a week after the promised date, which I needed for an event that had passed, I was told I could return it for a refund. Once it finally got processed for return they never notified me and never gave me a refund. After a month of hearing nothing and no responses to my emails I called and they said they received it but I could only get a store credit. This is NOT what they said when I called to return it - it was their fault the shipping was delayed because they didn't process it on time so they said they would give me a refund minus the shipping cost. They refused to give me a refund so I just took a credit. They said I'd get it by email.

Over 2 weeks later I still had not received the credit. I called AGAIN and they said I'd be getting it. 2 weeks LATER I still did not have it! I called AGAIN and finally they gave it to me! I didn't even want to order anything from them again but at least I could get something for my money. Now, a month after I've tried to use my credit they issued and when I went through the site it said it is INVALID and/or has already been used!?! I haven't even tried to use it before! I emailed them a few days ago and nothing! Now I've been on hold for 25 mins waiting to speak to someone. They are the ABSOLUTE WORST! I swear, save yourself and NEVER order through them! If you absolutely must have their dress, go through a department store, at least you'll get customer service.

kimr112
4/26/17

No petite sizes so hard to fit shorter ladies. Will need to pay for alterations. Buyer Beware... Return policy is just 30 days so make sure you comply. It takes them weeks to process your return and weeks to issue you a credit. Then they dictate how you can use that credit. Can't split it. Must be used all at one time but never state that on their website. Poor Customer service. I would NEVER but there again. Just not worth it. Too many other nice dress/gown options from stores and sites that are much more customer friendly.

ellend29
4/11/17

Love my dress but some beads fell off on the third wear. Tried to obtain more through customer service, heard nothing after two weeks even though they promised a response within 48 hours, just called back and spoke with a customer service rep who told me she could't do anything for me (really?). I got annoyed with her, she got annoyed with me, and hung up on me! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE YALL.

trenak
4/7/17

I can't even tell you if I like the dress or not because it never came. I ordered a ball gown for a once-a-year special event with a week to spare, and paid for 2 day shipping. On the expected arrival date, the dress never came. I begin tracking the dress and the shipper blamed the company and the company blames the shipper. It is now the day of the ball and I have no dress and no money to go buy another one because they have my money for the dress I was really hoping to wear. Customer service sucks and no one really cared.

lisag196
3/28/17

Pappell will not give me a full refund for defective dress. I returned promptly with their label as instructed. Customer service giving misleading and inaccurate info re tracking of pkg. They will not give me a full refund. Very poor customer service. Never had this problem with any other retailer. Had to dispute with my credit card.

whitneyl10
3/15/17

I bought two dresses online thinking that I would decide which one I wanted and return the other one without difficulty. I mailed back that dress on February 7th. It is March 15th and I still do not have a refund. I called several times only to be put on hold for 30 minutes or longer without anyone ever answering. I sent several emails to the customer service department without any response. Once I finally did get a hold of someone, they told me that their warehouse receives the returns and they cannot verify whether it has been received but that it can take 3 weeks or longer to process the return. And to just keep calling back. If only you didn't have to wait 30 minutes or more each time you call and still not get a person to speak with. I am very disappointed and will NEVER order from them again.

sheilat26
3/10/17

It is hard to believe that this company can offer such poor customer service. I purchased a dress at a promotional price. Unfortunately, it was the wrong size, but this company will not offer an exchange at that price, I have to pay the full price. When contacting customer service, I found very little help. The person (Cheryl) did not even want to give me information as to where they are located in order for me to speak to someone else. She would not give me any contact info except their email address. I highly doubt that anyone in this company will get back to me. Working in this industry, I can say that I have yet to encounter a customer service person who was less helpful, courteous and willing to actually offer some customer service. DISAPPOINTING!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: The tip would be to find a retailer that sells their merchandise, like Nordstrom or Lord and Taylor. You would have far better luck with customer service and pricing if you went that route.

lindsayg31
3/7/17

I am a bridesmaid in a wedding and ordered online on Cyber Monday. It was 30% off, so I got a great deal on a $300 dress. When the dress came in the mail, there was a huge hole in it, so I called customer service and asked them if I could send the dress back and get a new one. Same size, same dress, same color. They said no, they do not do exchanges. I would have to return the dress and then repurchase at the original price. I decided to just return the dress and I contacted customer service again and they told me I had to email them pictures of the dress and the tag to confirm that it was ordered from them and that it was damaged. SEVEN days after sending that email, they sent me a return label. I mailed it back to them the next day. 3 weeks later, I had still heard nothing, so I called them and they said they might have received the dress, but it takes 30 days to process the return. On January 27th, I received an email stating that the dress was received and that it was now going to take 14 days to process the refund. I finally received my refund on March 3rd. It took FOUR months for me to receive a refund on a dress that I had received with a hole in it. Obviously, I had to purchase the dress elsewhere before I had the refund. Awful customer service. My emails and phone calls were even escalated to corporate...they clearly did not care. NEVER ordering from this company again...

ashleys191
3/6/17

I ordered directly from Adrianna Papell site, choosing a gown for a new year's eve night at the Kennedy Center. I placed the order on Dec. 26th as it said guaranteed 2-day overnight delivery and this allowed 5 business days for mailing. Not only did I not receive it, I finally got an email saying it would arrive Jan. 3rd. with no explanation. When I called to cancel they said it was too late and I would have to return it with the shipping at my own expense but I could be refunded the rest. I received it, printed the return label and returned it. After a month of hearing nothing from them I called. They said they received it but it was being processed and could take up to 30 days. A few weeks later I called, they said they sent me an email for a store credit because it was a final sale. 1) untrue, I never got an email 2) they told me from the beginning I would be given a refund. I said I never received anything and they said they'd sent it out again. Today, March 6th, I called AGAIN saying I would need to speak to someone else because this has been going on for 3 months now and I still have not even received a credit. I don't even want to purchase anything else from there but the lease I can do is get something back. This is one of the worst customer service issues I've ever encountered. I would never recommend them to anyone. Save yourself the hassle.

ariellan
1/27/17

Dress quality was nice, but the fit was too big, so I initiated a return. Adrianna Papell never bothered to send me a notification that the return was received and processed, not did they respond to my follow-up inquiry. Only after my second inquiry, weeks later, did they finally respond. Not the customer service I would expect. I would recommend purchasing their products from a department store or reliable retailer instead.

Tip for consumers: I would recommend purchasing their products from a department store or reliable retailer instead.

patk39
1/24/17

I purchased directly from the Adrianna Papell website and never received my dress or a refund. They just string you along, acting like they're investigating but 2 months later, still no refund. The dress was for my son's wedding and as you can imagine, money was tight, so buying a replacement dress was a challenge without the refund.

christinab83
1/19/17

I am deeply disappointed with the customer service AdriannaPapell.com provided. I've sent an email to customer service (which has either gone unnoticed or the company just refuses to acknowledge or answer) and called customer service 3 times. I called and wrote about experiencing a glitch in the computer system that resulted in me ordering the same final sale dress TWICE BACK TO BACK. Their system never generated an order confirmation for the first order, so I ordered the dress a second time. Panic ensued as I realized this was a final sale item and I needed to cancel the order. My email and calls to customer service took place days before the dress shipped, but customer service said there was nothing they could do and couldn't even confirm whether or not I could return the item - even if I didn't even open it out of the box! The customer service representative said that my only recourse would be to reject the shipment. That is unethical and I have someone sign for my packages, so it isn't even a solution. I asked to speak to a supervisor, but after waiting 20 minutes I hung up - the company clearly doesn't care about their customers or their time. I don't understand why the company is penalizing a customer. They couldn't cancel the order even though the item had not shipped I called and emailed days before shipment! Assuming I can return it (which no one on their end can confirm but I am going to try) I am stuck paying the return shipping costs. I just returned a dress I ordered and received last week. Based on the reviews I read, who knows if I will even be refunded. I will never order from your company again and no one else should. If you need one of these dresses, purchase from Nordstroms! BUYER BEWARE ADRIANNA PAPELL DOESN'T CARE.

mackenziek3
1/12/17

From AP: Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!

Submit something new

Thanks again,
Adrianna Papell

My Review:
Damaged Dress, Poor Customer Service
I am getting married in October and decided I did not want a traditional wedding dress. I first saw the Floral Beaded Godet Gown with Sheer Neckline in Nordstrom and fell in love; however, Nordstrom only had a 16 left in stock. I needed a 4 and also needed the dress in petite. I immediately went to the designers site, and promptly ordered my soon-to-be wedding dress. The dress was delivered in its anticipated timeframe, and there was something magical about removing it from its perfect folded tissue paper. Upon picking up the dress, there was a rapid flood of "tinking". Along the back zipper, there was a loose thread and an entire flower shape of beads rushed off the dress once it was in a vertical position. So many beads fell, and the slightest touch of this loose string would cause more to come undone, that the integrity of the dress was ruined. I called customer service where I explained what happened from the top - I want this as my wedding dress, etc. My initial plan was to simply exchange the dress because it was perfect. Having worked in customer service my entire career, I must admit I probably have higher expectations than most, but this was hands down the worst customer service I have ever received. When I asked if any 4 petites were in stocks, I got a simple "no". In looking on the website, there were only 10's left. When I asked if this dress would be restocked, "I don't know". Now, to be fair, she did answer the questions, but there was no empathy in the fact that I was sent a damaged dress. I then advised that if I could not re-order this dress I would like to return it. The customer service advisor stated "I was not allowed to return the dress until I submitted photos and corporate deemed that I was not the one who damaged the dress." I was told she would send me an email of next steps, and that email never came. I called back several days later asking when I would receive this "next-steps"email, and spoke to the same un-kind representative. She advised that was never the case and I needed to submit pictures ASAP if I wanted to be able to return the dress. She stated corporate would be in touch within two business days after reviewing the images. I submitted pictures and waited two full business days, being this was over the weekend. I called back two full business days later - and this time, actually spoke to a very kind representative. I believe her name was Ashley. I explained the situation to Ashley, and advised it had been two full business days and I had not received word about my return. Ashley advised it would be another 1-2 days before I heard something. Being this return was right around the holidays, and having to have the box postmarked by a certain day to be able to return, I asked if she could escalate this since the appropriate timeframe had already passed. Within 45 minutes a paid postage label was emailed to me, thus showing the damage was not my fault. I will say that I did appreciate the paid label. I absolutely understand that companies have policies set in place to prevent someone from ordering a lovely beaded dress, ruining the dress, and then trying to return it; however; the customer service received twice would make me never shop with this company again. The dress was gorgeous and many stores are starting to sell this line - Macy's, Nordstrom, and I even just found their dresses on Amazon. All of these places will provide you with a better customer service experience, and will not make you feel vilified. I will also add that seeing how rapid the beads feel off, I don't know if I would ever sit in the dress. It would seem the beads would come loose after one good sit.

Contact Customer Service with questions or concerns. If you no longer wish to receive notifications like this, you can unsubscribe any time.

Adrianna Papell | 500 7th Avenue | 10th Floor | New York | NY | 10018
1-800-325-9450

vanessav24
1/9/17

I ordered two dresses from Adrianna papell site. Only received one! Paid for two! Not cheap either!
A number of attempts to contact the company asking where my second dress is and no reply.
So rude to treat paying customers this way.
Where is the curtesy and customer service???
Well it doesn't exist here!
Do yourself a favor...
Don't ever purchase from here.

Questions? Get answers from the Adrianna Papell staff and other customers.

Adrianna Papell?