Review of Acer

lisa.emard@acer.com
2018 Customer choice award

mercedesp16
5/25/19

They sell very good equipments. They guide you through the adquisition for the best computers and many other things Accorfing tour needs

eliaso11
5/24/19

Out of all the laptops I've come across in this world i can say that acer is among the best if not the best for me. I give em five stars

szew
5/15/19

I've been using laptops for many years. This one is quite nice as long as it is for work stuff. Gaming is OK if it is simple games. May lag a bit few times otherwise it's fine

kennyd55
5/11/19

Comprar este portátil es una excelente elección ya que no me ha presentado ningún problema , es muy óptimo y rapido.

valerav1
11/7/18

Wanted to leave a comment because just bought it and really satisfied. Good speed, touch is working smooth and the device is nice-looking, in my opinion. Recommend for working, don't know about playing

katlinf
5/1/18

I bought a laptop made by Acer and I can say it was a great choice. The price/quality ratio is really good, it is light, fast and really fashionable. It works really good and there is the long-lasting battery. Thanks a lot

magdak5
2/27/18

I do own a laptop made by acer and all I can say it was a good choice. The price/quality ratio is really good, although if you dont really need to mobility - then get a PC. I'm serious.

oliverc36
7/13/17

I really surprise to see such low rating. Iэму been using Acer PS for ages and never had any problems with freesing or low performance. Yes I use Top models at work but I'm sure that all Aсук models work 100% for their price!

leslieo21
6/23/17

I recently purchased an Acer touch screen computer. For the first month and a half it was very slow but functional. It suddenly froze up and would not boot up. After many unsuccessful attempts to resolve the problem, I contacted a tech from their support site. The tech center was located in the Dominican Republic and communication with the tech was difficult to say the least. after many attempts to reset or correct the problem, it was found that the unit had a hardware that needed in shop repair. The unit had to be sent out of the U.S. to the Dominican Republic for repairs. I was uncomfortable with that as I have heard horror stories of units being lost or stolen. The unit was only 1 1/2 months old and felt a replacement was warranted. I suggested they send a replacement computer and I would send the damage one back upon receipt. They refused saying their policy is for the consumer to send the product to them (AT THEIR EXPENSE !!!) and wound not replace the unit. I felt they basically were saying "TAKE IT or LEAVE IT" I contacted my U.S. retailer who understood the situation and agreed to take the unit back and give a FULL REFUND. I can tell you that I will never deal with this company again!!! All I can say is fully understand the "COLD HEARTED" policy if you intend to purchase their products

wades26
4/13/17

I bought an acer Liquid Z530 for my wife, she is very satisfied with the phone, and I am the user of few products from acer, and I can tell this comany is worth my money.

janetc15
4/8/17

I always liked ASUS and someone told me that Acer is comparable in quality and in price. Well, I can say the prices are usually lower, but the products are awful. I purchased two laptops from Acer in less than two years.

The first one was about six months old when the hard drive failed. I sent it in to fix. It was fine but then the laptop started to overheat like crazy out of nowhere and then shut off. Then, the hinge on the screen broke so the screen fell flat on the surface unless something was propped behind it. After a year, when the warranty was over, the overheating was shutting off the computer too consistently so it was impossible to use; winter or summer, didn't matter what the temperature was.

Replacing the first laptop, the second one worked perfectly fine, until exactly a year passed when the warranty expired, that the laptop froze frequently with audio looping itself. Only way to fix was to power it off manually. The screen's backlight also failed and started to show dim and dark spots everywhere on the screen. Next, the battery was unusable after one year and a couple of months. It didn't hold a single among of charge, so I had to keep the laptop plugged in all the time unless I paid for another battery.

The first laptop was just me purchasing, but the second laptop was just poor judgment. I never purchased anything from Acer after this. It was a horrible mess. Shortly after, I purchased an HP laptop around the same price range and it was fine for years. I can't judge for the rest of Acer's products, but laptops are a no-go for me.

gaelp1
2/13/17

I got me an Acer one , three monts ago and lap-top is working perfectly, I have just get an ssd disc.

silasd12
2/10/17

I own two notebooks made by Acer. Concerning these are not the latest models and far not the most powerful ones - they are very reliable for everyday use and carrying along. I recommend!

anthonyd88
1/10/17

I am very satisfied with my new 11" lap. A touch is working wery smooth, and I upgraded lap with ssd, now has a flash speed -.- :D

jamesm492
9/4/16

I see good and bad reviews on Acer computers but I have to tell you- I've had my Acer Aspire for a while and have had no trouble out of it at all. Simply put it's a quality computer at a great price. If I were buying a new computer today it would be an Acer.

tylerf12
2/22/16

The first one i bought i had to return immediately because it had a glitch and you couldn't see a screen when it was on! The second one just crashes all the time. I hate it and regret every dime i have spent on it!

neill17
1/18/16

Acer Laptop worked well for the first 6 months, then trouble started. I'll be working away and it will just shut itself off. I'm covered by Norton, Malwarebytes and Spybot. I preform regular maintenance (defrag, sfc and so on). Generally it's a very unstable computer. Buyer ... beware!

whitel1
11/23/15

Thankful to their service

michaelw27
6/7/12

If you are looking for a good desktop computer go with the acer .

Acer acer acer, the most wide-spread plastic distributor in computer industry.

I gotta say, the performance to value ratio is stellar. I got a 25.5" Acer screen, which I bought from BestBuy for $400 open box 3 years ago, and I still use it virtually every day on my gaming machine. I've owned a few other Acer monitors - they are always very reasonable for the size and performance.

I never owned an Acer computer, but I remember my dad being very proud of having an Acer PC versus a generic clone back in 1996.
All acer laptops I've dealt with were well designed (for disassembly).
Have never noticed any bad repeated problems like a fail with HP's DV6000-DV9000 nVidia series.

The only reason I'm down marking Acer is because instead of customizing a laptop on their site, you have to pick out of different iterations of the same model (sometimes too abundant). It's border-line ridiculous: some of their models have up to 30 different configurations.
Imagine Dell making up every possible configuration of their customizable systems, assigning a separate model number to it, then listing all of them in a wall of computers. Well you'd get Acer, but 3-5 times the quantity.

As well Acer's representation through BestBuy and other retailers is limited to "most popular" models, which are made popular due to being one of a very limited group of choices - so really - it's time to offer customization on the site Acer.

jasona11
3/9/11

If you want any computer, choose Acer. Their computers are greatly priced and really nice. I currently use an Acer laptop and love it. If you want an affordable, high quality laptop, get it at Acer. Not like dumb Alienware that's like super overly priced.

Questions? Get answers from the Acer staff and other customers.

Acer?