Review of 5minutedeals

5minutedeals reviews

megg31
12/23/18

BEWARE>>>>These people need to be shut down, and FAST.. They stole $400 from one of my friends accounts, she had ordered off of these thieves for Christmas for her daughter and mine, and she seen where they kept taking money out of her account , $20 & $30 increments so it wouldn't be easily noticed, until it added up to over $400, WOW, unbelievable!! So watch your accounts closely.

Response from Mike P., 5minutedeals Representative
Hi Meg,

Sorry to hear your friend had problems. I'd like to clarify a few things though.

1) Our prices are in USD, we've had some customers mention this is a surprise due to the exchange rate. We do display this on our checkout page and FAQ.

2) When I customer places an order, we offer a few extra products such as oils, bracelets and other accessories. If a customer chooses to buy these, they show up as separate charges on the account. This is just the way the billing processor handles these additional items (not our choice).

I believe I know which order this is, as it was fairly rare. The customer had placed 4 completely separate orders, each with accessories added on. I'm guessing she didn't realize we charge in USD and was surprised as we never charged her more than the cost of the products she purchased.

I wish she would have contacted us first, we could've easily clarified this or refunded her right away. We try to do as much as we can for customers with issues but they need to reach out to us and let us know if there is a problem.
bobbies44
12/17/18

My purchase took almost 8 weeks to show up and when it did the boxes were crushed.
I ordered 2 diffusers and 2 different packs of essential oils. One of the packs of oil was like scented water! Maybe not even oil at all!
Neither remote control for the diffusers worked and the quality was terrible for both diffusers.
I'm extremely disappointed and wish I had read the reviews before spending over 100 dollars!!!!
I have sent numerous e mails regarding this...with no response. I'm furious!

Response from Mike P., 5minutedeals Representative
Hi Bobbie,

We do quote 4-6 week (usually 4 week) delivery times depending on your location. That being said, 8 weeks is far too long. We did have an issue recently due to the Canada Post Strike. If you are from Canada, that would explain it. Otherwise it could've been held by customs or delayed some other way (out of our control). It also sounds like you might have purchased our fragrance oils, which are listed at $10. These are not pure or therapeutic grade essential oils, which we do mention and is also why they are fragrance oils and not essential oils. We'd be happy to work with you to make you feel better about your purchase. If you did e-mail us, we would've responded within 24 hours. Feel free to send us another message with your order number and I can look into this more for you.
donnaw316
Donna W.
12/12/18

I purchased the bundle with the diffuser, oils and bracelet. Got ripped off with the price. My $65 purchase became $105 due to AU$ currency conversion AFTER checkout. Have received the diffuser after some weeks but the horrible box was squashed and damaged. After many many attempts to have this attended to, apparently the instagram DM isn't monitored by staff. I was told by someone in the support message group that the products come separately which wasn't mentioned at the sale time. I don't want this product and I expect a full refund... if only I could get a response from these scammers. I'm not letting go of over $100!!

Response from Mike P., 5minutedeals Representative
Hi Donna,

We do mention our prices are in USD at checkout and in our FAQ. The box being damaged is not good to hear. It sounds like the postal service mishandled the package. If the diffuser itself was damaged at all, we'd be happy to refund/replace it right away. I am not aware of any Instagram messages, that being said, our Instagram is very rarely used compared to Facebook, so it is possible we missed it. We do also mention that the products do some separately - but this is only seen in our FAQ/Shipping, Thank You Page & e-mail confirmations. We also accept returns for any non-damaged products for 30 days (after you receive it). If this hasn't been sorted out yet, please contact us on facebook or our contact us page and we'll work on getting you the refund.
karinak19
11/30/18
• Updated review

Persistence has finally paid off for me. I have lost count of the numerous emails i have sent 5 minute deals regards my broken diffuser. In the end i decided i would give up as I was over it. And interestingly i received a new diffuser in the mail today. Completely unexpected as the way i was being given the run around i thought they would never replace it. It is just a shame the company made me jump through so many hoops to get here. It has left a bad taste in my mouth. Fingers crossed this one keeps working..

Response from Mike P., 5minutedeals Representative
Hi Karina,

We've been working on improving response times for customer service tickets. Although, in this case I am guessing they must have mis-labeled it. I am happy to hear you received a new diffuser and I hope it works. We do have a 1 year warranty on all diffusers. We've made it a lot easier recently to send out replacements.
“Cheats avoid them”
11/20/18
• Previous review

I wish i had read the reviews on this site before buying from 5 min deals. Like everyone else i was asked to upload images and videos of my faulty diffuser. I have emailed them for weeks to replace my diffuser which does not work and beeps incessantly when turned on. Now no one is even acknowledging my messages. I will never buy from them again. I have a one year warranty on a useless diffuser which they appear to be not at all interested in replacing. Crooks. I have never experienced such poor customer service. Wish i had paid more and bought from a reputable company.

johnc1872
11/22/18

Item arrived over a month later. Looked like they had used it for a football. No way to return it to the mailing address (in CHINESE - first clue). Obviously was broken - did not work. Add for item did NOT disclose country of origin. Waste of fifty bucks. I will never use this site again and will spread the word. I am going to try to get bank to reverse charge to company of origin. Caviat emptor!!!!!!!!

Response from Mike P., 5minutedeals Representative
Hi John,

We do quote 4-6 week (usually 4 week) delivery times depending on your location. It sounds like the postal service mishandled the package. If the diffuser itself was damaged at all, we'd be happy to refund/replace it right away. Our do mention we ship products from different parts of the world (including China). Our diffusers are shipped directly from the manufacturer we work with.

For returns:

1) If the product is damaged/defective - we ask for the video/photo proof so we can quickly re-send a new one. In these cases, we do not need you to return your old one.
2) If it is a typical return, we do offer return service to our Canadian address. (We mention this in our return policy).

I wish you would've contacted us to fix this for you. Feel free to reach out if you have not received a refund yet.
michelet58
9/19/18

Website prices look great but no where does it say it's in USD, if purchasing from Australia you are charged in USD then your bank converts to aud plus you gave to pay foreign exchange.So a $28.99 diffuser actually cost $40 plus P& H. This is unconscionable and surely its illegal . ALWAYS CHECK CURRENCY BEFORE PURCHASING, THEY ARE THIEVES and to get a refund is impossible. They block me from messenger

Response from Mike P., 5minutedeals Representative
Hi Michele,

We do mention on our FAQ & during Checkout that our prices are in USD. That being said, we always want to make it more clear. Due to limitations of a lot of payment processors, we are forced to charge only in 1 currency (USD in our case).

For returns:

Any messenger block would have been automated due to spam posts on our page. A simple message to us would've very quickly resolved this.
olivero15
8/29/18

I ordered two mini USB diffusers, both arrive after many months. They work, but not well; the lid is always loose, and the cord barely fits. They sent me an email about a free diffuser necklace, I foolishly paid the 1 dollar shipping fee. It has been 8 months, and my credit card was used for overseas purchases. I'm pissed.

Response from Mike P., 5minutedeals Representative
Hi Oliver,

Sorry to hear about the dissatisfaction with the USB diffusers. Occasionally defective units get through - in this case, we can replace/refund the diffusers - we do offer a 1 year warranty on all diffusers.

The diffuser necklace should've arrived within 4-6 weeks.

The credit card issue is unfortunate to hear but completely unrelated to us. We use one of the largest payment processors in the world and do not have access to any customer payment information on our end.
dorothep1
8/15/18

It was good to find these reviews, as their website only has positive feedback.
We also have an issue with the lead on the diffuser which doesn't fit properly. We were also asked to take a video of diffuser, with water, and switched on, which was dangerous as it kept switching on and off. They said to try the other lead to test it, but the second diffuser was a gift to my daughter, so we couldn't do it.
They offer a 12 month warranty, but has anyone else received a replacement? It seems they make you go through hoops, as though you are not being dishonest. It's been a very stressful experience.
Surely it is illegal not to honour the warranty. Any suggestions?

Response from Mike P., 5minutedeals Representative
Hi Dorothe,

We've made it a lot easier recently to send out replacements. In this case, I believe a photo of the lead not fitting properly would've been enough to instantly get a refund/replacement. We do stand by our 1 year warranty, even if the customer runs the diffuser 24/7. If this is something we can still help fix for you, please feel free to reach out.
jw280
8/12/18

Bought a diffuser last year, loved it, worked fine. Bought two more as gifts. Neither worked. When I advised them about this, I had to sent videos of each diffuser 'not working'. This was hard as one of them was for an elderly relative and they don't use phones to video.
I eventually managed it. Then replacement cords were posted. Took weeks! Neither of those worked. I was asked to send videos of those not working. Did that. Then I was asked to send videos of them not working using first the initial cord and then the replacement in the SAME video. Absolutely ridiculous. Embarrassing also for the time this has taken for the people I bought it for. Once again whoever's emailing me as 'sent them to their supervisor'. I'm not letting this go, as I see now so many others with similar issues.
Also, their reviews on their own site have to be filtered as they are SO different to those on independent review sites.

Response from Mike P., 5minutedeals Representative
Hi J W. We've made it a lot easier recently to send out replacements. Sorry to hear about the trouble. Honestly, this sounds like a case of really bad luck on both of our ends. In regards to reviews: We do have a lot of positive reviews & some negative reviews. We request reviews on our site, whereas we didn't know this site existed until recently. Most of our customers are satisfied and those that are not, we try to always fix/make right. That being said, if the customer does not contact us, we can't do much about it. If this situation is still an issue, please let me know and I can get it fixed right away. We stand by our 1 year warranty.
lizb154
8/1/18

I purchased 3x 550ml light wood grain defusers in June. The one i kept has a faulty cord. I have emailed 3 times asking for a replacement with no response. We know cord faulty as checked/tested with another and it worked. nzmotelminders@hotmail
Would appreciate a response and replacement asap
Regards
Liz Bell

Response from Mike P., 5minutedeals Representative
Hi Liz,

We've made it a lot easier recently to send out replacements. Sorry to hear about the trouble. I'll get support to follow up with you about this (if you haven't received a response yet). We do reply within 24 hours of any e-mail (except during weekends). I'm hoping you e-mailed the correct address. Either way, we'll follow up and check this out.
althead5
7/29/18

WARNING Please dont buy from these people. I was sent a faulty diffuser. They asked me for videos and photos of the broken diffuser. Over 14 emails back and forth they said I didnt show clearly there was water in it ( of course I put water in it ) in total frustration I sent a photo of it in the bin. As it was broken I didnt want it just sitting as an ornament. They then wrote back and said as its in the bin the warranty is void. I posted a review of how disappointed I was online and they deleted it. Be Warned. This company does not back their products !!

Response from Mike P., 5minutedeals Representative
Hi Althea,

We've made it a lot easier recently to send out replacements. Sorry to hear about the trouble. We request videos/photos so you do not need to wait for your broken diffuser to be returned before we send out a new one. It should've never taken 14 emails though - I'd be happy to look into this case personally for you.
katjaj1
6/6/18

Has anybody else had their credit card misused i.e. fraudulent transactions from overseas as I have been targetted twice and they were all overseas internet orders...
The difusers I got on time and in good nick but just cardboard box so not very nice to give as present...have given one as a present so I see how it goes...keeping fingers crossed.

Response from Mike P., 5minutedeals Representative
Hi Katja,

kiml210
4/21/18

ordered one 6 weeks ago and never received it yet !!!!!! Now after reading all these reviews im not sure if i should of ordered one :(

Response from Mike P., 5minutedeals Representative
Hi Kim,

We do quote 4-6 week (usually 4 week) delivery times depending on your location. I'm assuming you've received the diffuser by now. If not, please get in touch with us for a refund. 6 weeks is usually the longest a customer waits, unless there is an uncontrollable issue, such as weather or a postal strike.
mariec172
1/31/18

The worst customer service. I waited forever for the diffuser and never received the oils. I asked about them, but no answer. DO NOT ORDER!!!!

deboraw2
1/28/18

I ordered a product in October 2017 contacted them multiple times because I had never received my order. It finally shows up in January 2018 and the box is smashed I return the package according to instructions from the company still no refund and now they are telling me the post office hasnt marked it returned this company is a joke and I do not recommended ordering from them at all.

jilln22
1/24/18

I recently ordered two diffusers. When I received them they were not the quality I expected and wanted to return them. They said I had to return them to Canada, which would cost about $25.00 to return them. They were shipped out of California and I asked why I couldn't return them to California they just said no, it had to be Canada. This is clearly a ploy to prevent returns. The products they sell are out of China and poorly crafted. BUYERS BEWARE DO NOT BUY FROM 5 MINUTE DEALS.

kayep4
1/6/18

Just be aware when ordering from them that the merchandise ships from China and will take a long time for delivery. I ordered on 11/27/17 and received on 1/04/18, over 5 weeks. I haven't used it yet but it was packed in a flimsy cardboard box with no packing material. It appears to be intact. It looks okay but the material is plastic. Instructions are not clearly written. I am guessing the water fill line is the only line in the tank but it is not marked as such. I am accustomed to diffusers by another company and I pay a good bit more for those. Was hoping to save a little money but will see if the savings pay off with good service from this diffuser.

petraz2
12/15/17

I ordered diffusers. They are really nice and the quality seems to be fine. However, the packaging was poor and one of them had a piece broken off when it arrived. I immediately took pictures and informed customer services. They wrote back that they would have to speak to a supervisor. After about a week no further action. I write again and received the same template reply. Now I have this broken item and no body bothers to refund me so far!

vickil43
12/6/17

Diffuser took a very long time to get to me. This item did great for a month. Now the vapor doesnt go thru the hole...just stays in the bowl. My Young Living diffuser is my favorite! Shouldnt have tried something new because it had a remote. I get this wasnt worth the money

bethk46
12/6/17

ordered a product 8/26/17 never received, credit my pay pal acct and cancel.
Car diffuser for $25.97 + s/h fee was paid in full

vickyd21
12/5/17

ordered the black tulip diffuser over a month ago still have not received it yet and tracking does not work. I have left numerous messages which have never been answered. I want a refund but no one gets back to you to do so. NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL!!!!!!!!

melaniek24
12/1/17

I tried the link to track my shipment and it doesn't even exist. Every email I send has an automated reply. I think this company is bad and I will spread the news fear and wide! !!

peterc197
11/1/17

I have been waiting 13 weeks for my diffuser......and the customer service is a joke......promises promises thats all I get

lindad217
10/7/17

Received wood grain Diffuser about a month ago. At the moment, it's working fine, and I am very happy with it.

kathyy5
9/24/17

The wood grain diffuser stopped working after 4 months and they refuse to replace it or refund. My reviews are removed from their feed plus all of the reviews that do show are glowing.

Questions? Get answers from the 5minutedeals staff and other customers.

5minutedeals?