Review of 1-800-Flowers

mediainquiries@1800flowers.com
2017 Customer choice award

frankc526
7/4/19

Ordered flowers to be sent to daughter in law in a major hospital in a major city, Chicago. Received an email saying delivered. In fact they were not. Followed up and told to choose new site and location as she was being released. Did do and hot told the date didn't work for them, picked a date that they believed by eycould do. Ultimately flowers arrived It only took 5 days. A few days li after she ordered flowers we rd for us, we were celebrating our 50th at a B and B in a major city with a number of family members. She received a mb email saying that they were delivered. The floeers never showed. A new date was picked, along with a new location mb our home. Delivery was not made again. Aside it stands we might or might get something around the middle of my next week. Evidently what they do is wait for an order, bill it, announce delivery and then go look for a florist op
This company appears to incapable of doing anything right exceptt billing.billing credit cards. Stay away from them unless you have time you cannot find anything to do with and more money than brains.

michellea296
7/2/19

I made a delivery order on June 28 2019 for a surprise delivery for my husband as it was his birthday. After placing the order online, I received a phone call from them 3 hours later telling me that the delivery could not be done to the area I had requested, really? why don't you figure this out once the address of the recipient has been inputted???? Then they tell me that they are going to call the recipient being my Husband to tell him that the delivery cannot be done....WTH are you going to call the recipient if the delivery was supposed to be a SURPRISE!! Bunch of idiots working there at 1800FLOWERS. Sounds like their call center is in India because all the people I have spoken to during this ordeal have been Indian people with heavy accents to where I could not understand them or they me. They are very unprofessional. So now they are making my refund very difficult, almost refuse to refund my money. Good thing I used PayPal and now have an open case dispute with this ratchet company. I will NEVER EVER use this company nor would I recommend it to ANYONE!! I will buy what I need and do the delivery myself from now on. Sometimes we have to learn the hard way!!!!! I left a very negative survey they sent me to my email and now they are calling me and leaving voicemails saying they want to talk to me about the survey I did....don't waste your time contacting me as I have nothing else to say to you. PayPal will be contacting you and make you give me my full refund to my account.. The nerve!!! Don't ever use 1800Flowers big disappointment. Read all the negative reviews first, there are hundreds.

michaeld1117
6/27/19

bought overpriced arrangement then received pathetic quality. arrangement received was nowhere near what was pictured online. 1st pic is what was advertised, 2nd is what was actually received. I paid $78 for a very small basket of carnations. will go elsewhere next time

mariam725
6/21/19

I ordered flowers today at 11:30am. I never received notification this evening that my flowers had been delivered. I try tracking my order and it's unavailable. I contact customer service and they tell me that there were too many orders placed and mine didn't make the cut. I received no notification that my order wouldn't be delivered today. I asked for a refund after they said they could deliver on the next available day, but couldn't confirm it would be the actual next day. I am now told I have to wait 1-2 billing cycles before I would receive my refund. They didn't wait 1-2 billing cycles to take my money. I ordered an edible arrangement today as well. That was delivered within a few hours. I will NEVER order 1800 flowers again. I'd rather pay twice the amount next time then ever give them my business.

dianeb474
6/15/19

We are a non-profit organization. They charged us tax even though we sent them our letter from the state showing we do NOT pay tax. Promised to refund the money and they never did. Said the flowers would be delivered to the funeral home before the service the next day. Called the next day saying they couldn't have them there for the funeral service. I've ordered flowers from the 3 times in the past month and they never get my bill right, Since I pay with a company credit card when the order is placed I can't see whether or not they refund as promised until I see my statement. This is a terrible place to order flowers. Yes, the flowers are beautiful ONCE THEIR DELIVERED but the hassle is NOT worth it. ORDER YOUR FLOWERS FROM A LOCAL FLORIST INSTEAD OF GOING THROUGH 1800FLOWERS!!!! I think you'll be glad you did.

chelzb1
6/4/19

Ordered these for my mom for Mother's Day. Had them delivered on Saturday so that she would have them all Mother's Day long. I received a text and photo from her ON MOTHER'S DAY, showing how droopy and almost dead they already looked. So I wrote in to let them know how disappointing it was. Someone wrote back pretty quickly, and said that a new arrangement would be sent the very next day, free of charge, and a $20 credit would be emailed to me the following week.
The next day came and went. The day after came and went. And finally I text my mom and she never received a second delivery. So I emailed in AGAIN, saying that the second delivery that was promised, to make up for the crappy first delivery, was never sent. Then I was promised again that a second delivery would be sent a week later.
Finally when my mom received the makeup delivery a week and a half after mothers day, they did send twice the amount as ordered, which is appreciated. It just sucks that it was such a hassle to get my Mother the beautiful flowers that are shown on the website. Also, don't hold your breath for anything that is promised. Still haven't seen that credit and it's been weeks.

tiffanyb180
5/28/19

We ordered flowers for a funeral service that was being held on Memorial Day in another state to be delivered before the service. When placing the order the website asked what time the funeral service was being held so that the flowers could be there prior to. Well the funeral came and went and no flowers were delivered. When calling 1800Flowers to inquire about why the delivery had not been made we were given a run around the first time we called and the second time we were told that they were at fault because they did not call the Floral shop that they sent the order to confirm they received the order or to check to see if they were even open since it was Memorial Day and told us that they would be delivered the next day between 10 am and 12pm. This was not the response we were looking for since one of the things that was being delivered was a casket pillow with flowers that was supposed to be buried with the deceased. The burial was scheduled the next day at 10 am. No flowers were delivered until after 11:30 the day after the memorial service. They offered no apologies for what happened nor did they offer a refund. I requested a full refund which I was told would take 2-4 weeks to process which is complete BS! They also could not give me confirmation number for the cancelled order told me to just look for an e-mail. After we got off the phone my husband received a text that the flowers were delivered, he called the funeral home and confirmed if they were delivered. The funeral home confirmed the delivery and then said the florist came back and picked the order back up since I asked for a refund. I never in my life will ever use this company and I will be certain to tell everyone I know about this experience.

debrah227
5/28/19

I bought my Mother 2 doz. roses for Mother's Day. When they were delivered she said that they were beautiful. She made sure that there was plenty of water in the vase right away, but the next day they were totally wilted and losing their petals.
I'm so disappointed and embarrassed. Even though I got them for $30.00, by the time you pay the tax and the $15.00 to send them, I had just pennies shy of $50.00 in them and they didn't last long enough to get any enjoyment out of them.

kend164
5/25/19

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with! I placed an order on 5/1/2019 for flowers to go to my mom in KY. The payment to my AMX was charged immediately but the order never populated on my side for a confirmation so I called 800flowers.com to verify if the order was received, it was not. The C/S representative assured me that the charge would fall off after 5 business days. It did not and still has not 5/25 2019. I reluctantly placed an order for my wife the same day that was also charged to my AMX and the order populated. I selected the date of 5/10/2019 for delivery. I was out of our home on 5/2/2019 and got a call from my wife kind of surprised and amazed that I would have flowers delivered that early for Mothers Day since it was 10 days away. I contacted 800flowers.com that afternoon fo find out why they were delivered today. The C/S representative said she would remove the charge for a BOTCHED order. I received the credit for this order within 4 business days. I just contacted 800flowers again today after receiving my updated AMX statement and the fictitious charge was still on my statement. After spending over 20 minutes on hold a supervisor for 800flowers came on the line and said that the best she could refund was 75% of the charge that is still on my statement. I told her to process this refund and that I would be contacting AMX for the balance. This was a horrible experience. I ended up contacting a local florist in KY that delivered an awesome arrangement for half of the price. I will never use 800flowers EVER AGAIN. Bad EXPERIENCE!!

marilynw89
5/23/19

My Mother's Day Flowers and Godiva Chocolate arrived late. The flowers were wilted and the chocolates were melted! They replaced the flowers, not the chocolate and refused to issue a refund for the chocolate.

maryv167
5/23/19

I didn't even want to give them a one star. Ordered flowers for my sister in law who passed one order was from my daughter and the other order was for myself. The florist ended up delivering duplicate Oder of my daughters and the one order I made was never delivered and sent from me.. When I called after I found out from relatives who went to the funeral that this had happened talked to customer service the said the only thing they could do was another arrangement after arguing and insisting I get a full refund for that order they offered me a 50% refund I said no then they came back with 75% I said I would take that but I still can't see why I have to accept that paying $25 for the right order to be delivered. I called my bank and they are putting a dispute in for me. I also purchased the passport but they don't have to worry about me ordering from them again.

susank554
5/22/19

I ordered flowers for my grand daughter. The company called me and stated that they could not deliver that day because the florist making the bouquet had reached capacity. They agreed to deliver the next day. The next day I receive a notification that my flowers were out for delivery but it wasn't the flowers I ordered. They had changed my order with any notification. On top of that when contacted they only comment on the fact that they replaced the order with something comparable. The issue is that they changed the order with notification. They will NOT address that issue. I'm on my 4th email to them about this and still they won't address this. The key here is buyer beware I guess.

lisaa418
5/17/19

On April 29th, 2019, Spring blooming watering can (product #157160SP) was purchased for a Mother's Day delivery at a price of 54.55. (Order # W00885444350851)
On May 8,2019 the flowers were delivered. The flowers were dead and moldy. See attached photos.
On May 8, 2019 I spent 27 minutes on the phone to rectify this order. They originally stated that they would send a replacement bouquet free of charge and get it to the recipient by Mother's day. Then they said this was not possible and it would be delivered by Tues. May 14th, 2019. They asked if this was ok. It actually was NOT OK because the flowers would not be there by Mother's Day but I agreed. This order was for Coastal Breeze (Order # 188042347).
This order was never delivered.
They said they need approval to give me my money back. I have not heard from them. Crooks.

Tip for consumers: Just don't use them

cd87
5/17/19

I'm still in shock, I ordered from this site for Mother's Day and they never delivered my order. I called and had a major language barrier with the first rep, after talking to three reps someone was able to help me, and set up for a new order. Two days later, my mother still has not received her flowers. I called and told them to cancel my order and give me a full refund. They tried to talk me into refunding half my money and ordering again, which is a total joke since we already tried that once. Please do not waste your time with this company, there are so many other good ones out there.

saram427
5/17/19

I made my order on the Wed BEFORE Mother's Day. Then I responded on Thurs to an email saying that they needed to make an adjustment. Then the SAGA started. On 4 separate occasions, before and after Mother's Day, they committed to getting 1) original ordered product, and then 2) alternate product (since my ordered product was not available although they committed to deliver it TWICE AFTER my original order, which makes it 3x). BUT NOTHING ARRIVED! And no notices -- except from my Mom (I wouldn't have known otherwise!) !!. I was embarrassed with her over and over! Each call to customer service took more than 1 hour! After being on hold for more than 1.5 hours, the last supervisor told me that NOTHING could be delivered by my mother's address -- which is in the Denver Metro area... SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND EMBARRASSMENT AND AVOID THESE GUYS!!

jayd221
5/16/19

I ordered flowers for my mother, for Mother's Day. The cost was $118+, wanted the delivery Friday prior assuming it would be easier for the florist. It's now 7 days past, at least 6 emails and I've received NOTHING!! No response, no flowers, no credit, nothing. The only thing I have ever seen was" Order received by our shop" on the website. Two years in a row I've been ripped off. No flowers and no financial reimbursement. Never ever again!!!!

kellyh394
5/16/19

I enrolled in their passport program last year. When I signed up I was advised I would be notified prior to renewal. I was never notified and the renewed and charged my credit card. I called customer service and was told they could do nothing to reverse the charges and hung up on me. I sent an email and was told the same. Be very aware of this when enrolling in their program.

linw21
5/16/19

I wish there was a 0 Stars. I had to give them 1 star to be able to leave a review. I wouldn't give them any Stars. It's taken two days to even place this order. Have spoken to 3 people & no one has information I gave the previous person. First, I was told I couldn't get the arrangement that I saw online because they couldn't GET THE FLOWERS!!! But, they could do a larger arrangement, for more $$, with the SAME FLOWERS THAT THEY COULDN'T GET!!! There's lots more crap in between, but flowers were finely delivered. They were dead, ugly, & not what I ordered, see picture, should be 36 Flowers & 3 colors & not dead. . I called my bank to immediately to stop payment. I was informed by my bank that I'd been charged TWICE!!!! OMG, could this ever be more screwed up? I swear that I'll never use this Co. again & I'll do everything in my power to let everyone I know not to use them. Everyone I talked to was very nice but it was so obvious that they were given a script. Additionally, not in USA, everyone had very distinct accent & I wasn't sure they could understand English. I'm ready to cry. This was very important. My friend had horrible surgery, double Mastectomy, & all I wanted to do was make her smile. They failed me. I don't even know what else to say. I'm so sad & angry!!!!

valyndan
5/14/19

I'm past mad right now...I ordered my Mother-in-law & my Mom flowers on May 3rd from 1-800-flowers to be delivered May11th...the day came & went and they got nothing so I thought maybe by the 12th on Mother's Day they would get it but nothing so I called & was told they messed up but would have flowers by the 14th....what they each got are dead flowers, broken flowers & a broken vase. My Mother-in-law called to complain about the flowers only to be told replacement flowers would be delivered May 21st....my Mom called them & was told her flowers wouldn't be replaced at all. I'm so mad...I could spit right now....when I called asking for a refund I was told I would only get 50% of what I paid....when I asked to talk to a supervisor I was told they didn't have one & they would only give me 50% back company policy...I spent over $120.00 & I get only 50% back...please beware of them....unless you like dead, broken & being ripped off...

markh840
5/14/19

Save yourself the frustration and call a local florist. Bought flowers for my mother to be delivered the day before Mother's Day. It's 3 days later and the flowers still haven't been delivered. When I called customer service they claim the local shop already delivered them the day I requested they be delivered. They first said they were signed for then told me they were left on the doorstep. Both answers are lies. My parents live in a gated community and the security guard said nobody even showed up with a delivery. I'm out $100 for what I'm sure would have been a disappointing bouquet. They tell me they should now be delivered tomorrow... Kind of defeats the point of giving flowers if they get there almost a week late. Never again will I do business with this company.

widiyay
5/14/19

Customer services are suck. One of them don't understand English and they don't honor their promise after they said they already resolved the problem.

rozellah
5/13/19

Better Business Bureau should not endorse this company, horrible delivery and customer service.Scam!

irinas42
5/13/19

I ordered two sets of flowers for Mother's Day. One for my mom and another for my boyfriend's mom.

Let's begin with the ladder. The flowers for my boyfriend's mom looked nothing like the picture. They replaced the pictured flowers with cheaper flowers. Also, It did not look full like the picture, even though I paid more to get the upgraded bouquet. The whole gift looked cheap, but I had over $70.

But my mom's bouquet is really what prompted me to write the review. Her bouquet didn't arrive at all. When I contacted customer service, they would do anything but refund my money. First, they'd send new flowers. I told them no, it was too late. They failed to provide flowers to my mother on Mother's Day. There is no point is sending them days after. I wanted a refund and I had to really fight to get it. Finally got a full refund after turning down a $20 certificate for a future purchase, resending the same bouquet, an upgraded bouquet, and a 50% refund. They really try to grind you down to keep your money. That is not how a company should react to making such a mistake.

I've been a customer and a passport member for 3 years and I'm finally done with their flowers. They used to send nice flowers, but the quality has completely disintegrated over the years. When they arrive, their second grade at best. That's if they arrive at all. This is the second time they're failed to deliver my order this year. From not I will be calling the local florist directly. 1800 flowers is a complete rip off.

I plan to call to cancel my passport subscription today. By the way, the regular customer service reps can't cancel the automatic annual renewal. You must call a separate number for that! Another scam to keep your money, in hopes that you forget or get too lazy to call.

michaela899
5/12/19

Flowers came in a box. They were dead. I had to do my own arrangement. Won't give you a refund but will send you more dead flowers. These people are shysters. Don't use them if you know what's good for yourself. Live and learn. Honestly you will be throwing your money away.

williamb1084
5/12/19

Tried to order flowers for Mother's Day. Placed order, paid and received a call immediately after saying the item wasn't avail. Would I mind an alternate item. I said ok, they then said they couldn't deliver on the date requested. I told them cancel and refund. They kept my money. Total ripoff.

Service is terrible! Will never use them or reccomend to anyone! Use your local florist

By Kelly W.

You're screwed. You won't get them. They take your money with promises that turn out not be worth less than the paper they are written on. Save your money. Go elsewhere. Buy directly from a local. At least you know who the flowers are supposed to be coming from.

By Brian C.

No, it is a consumer based answer.

By Regina M.

Questions? Get answers from the 1-800-Flowers staff and other customers.

1-800-Flowers?