Review of 1-800-Flowers

mediainquiries@1800flowers.com
2017 Customer choice award

douglasm209
2/15/19

I ordered flowers on the 6th of February and paid extra to guaranty the delivery on the 14th and they never arrived! When I called after 48 minutes they offered to send them 2 days late. I was dealing with people in the Philippines on their call center and she couldn't find a supervisor to talk to me. I would use a local flower source going forward. They also told me it could be up to 60 days for a refund. Not a great experience at all!

seant92
2/15/19

I ordered a fruit bouquet on January 25 for delivery on Valentine's day to my wife's school (she's an administrator) and it never was delivered. I spent over an hour on hold on trying to get an updated status or at least the information for the local florist so that I could pick it up and deliver it myself and only got a hold of one person in another country (I dont think they have any customer service inside the United States) who guaranteed me that it would be delivered by 3pm on Valentine's day, which it did not. I called another two times and waited on hold over 20 minutes each time to try to talk to a supervisor and got a hold of noone.

I'm on the phone now with another CSR in another country and they are unable to get my item ordered because "this product is not available for delivery in your zip code". How was this available a month ago when I ordered it and not now. They are offering to replace the order with flowers and give me a $20 voucher. As if I would ever do business with them again. I didn't order any f***ing flowers, I ordered a fruit bouquet. This is infuriatingly unacceptable. This ruined my 15 year wedding anniversary. DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE.

boardofm
2/15/19

Our office ordered flowers for a funeral, we told them it needed to be there by 2 pm. We went to the funeral home, no flowers. They did not arrive until nearly 7pm! Speaking to their customer service was like banging our head on a brick wall. They kept offering to deliver them to the persons home. well, they live alone and they are dead now. They wouldn't give us a credit or anything because "they got delivered". yeah five hours late! They needed to be there by 2pm. Somehow they could not get this.

DO. NOT. USE. THIS. COMPANY!!!

hard enough dealing with a loss, but to have them just blatantly refuse to give any compensation for a flower arrangement going to the funeral home when it should have, because it was eventually delivered is unacceptable.

stephent166
2/15/19

I ordered drom fromyouflowers before and didn't like the flowers my girlfriend receive so I switched to 1800-FLOWERS and she received nothing at all.
Here is the kicker, I call on the 2/15th for a refund and I have offered the AMAZING DEAL of having them delivered on 2/16 at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, and on top of that they offered my a $20 coupon for the next purchase I have absolutely no intention of making.
Words of advice, call your local florist, after all, 1800-FLOWERS use them at discount prices so you end up with a discount service if any at all.

bw145
2/15/19

Ordered $200 worth of roses on 1/24 (3 weeks in advance) for valentine's day and the girlfriend did not receive them. Using their tracking system, my order still said "Order received by our shop" in the afternoon on valentine's day. Got a hold of customer service and was told that the flowers were on their way and would be delivered by 5pm. Received an email update at 4:24pm that the flowers were now being prepared for delivery. Met with the girlfriend for dinner at 6pm to find out she did not receive any flowers. Received an email update at 6:52pm that "it's official...your smile has been delivered!". This was absolutely false, and after our dinner we decided to check her business office where the flowers were "delivered" to find out to our "surprise", no. flowers. If you really want to show how much you do not care about your significant other, 1-800-flowers is your go to!

dustinh67
2/15/19

I ordered my flowers three weeks in advance for Valentines Day. Three weeks. I knew that day would be busy and that I needed to make sure my order would go through. So, three weeks later Valentines Day comes, and unlike the first time I ordered where they delivered the flowers in person, with a nice bouquet, what shows up to my wife's work is a box. Are you kidding me? A box. I was so embarrassed. I cannot believe this is considered acceptable. It was described as a "build your own" bouquet. I could have paid literally 1/3 of the price and done that myself! What was the point of buying it from them! Nowhere in my order was I told this! I will NOT be ordering from here again. Not to mention their prices they hide until checkout. I cannot believe this company. They are out for the money and getting in as many orders as they can and that's it.

lindziej
2/15/19

I ordered a treat tower for my mom for delivery to her job for Valentine's Day. I placed the order on 2/4, plenty of time for them to arrange for delivery. I got the order number and tried to put it into the website for tracking, it said I have no orders. A couple days later I called because I needed to change the destination, as I found out my mom wouldn't be at work that day. Changes went through seemingly fine and I got a new order number to reflect the changes. Went to put the order number in online for tracking again, still said I had no orders. I just called this morning for the refund and the representative told me that the order had been put on hold for some reason due to the address change. I asked for a full refund and the representative didn't hassle me about it, but it was about a 10 minute wait, and I called at 6 am just to be sure I wouldn't be calling at a busy time. At least she didn't try to give me a credit or hassle me about the refund, only good experience I had with this company so far. Just hoping my refund won't get "put on hold" like my order somehow did. I wish I read reviews before purchasing, it doesn't seem that this company gets good ratings for a number of different reasons. Never ordering from them again. I'll stick with Edible Arrangements, where I've never had an issue.

robertl763
2/14/19

I ordered my flowers for Valentine's Day over a month in advance they were supposed to be delivered by 5 p.m. local time at the latest. I called twice during the day and was misled by their customer service Representatives that the flowers were on their way. I was told the supervisor would call me, I never received a phone call back. I finally called again at 6pm and spent a total of over two and a half hours on the phone with customer service throughout the day the majority of which being on hold. These people do not care about your recipient or you.

mt98
2/14/19

I cancelled my order immediately after I placed it but they still charged me.
I am disputing this illegal charge! BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY! THEY ARE SCHEMERS!

anah63
2/14/19

I sent flowers to my daughter and I'm very disappointed. This company sells one product and delivered other. Also I applied a 20% discount coupon and on the checkout but their math gave me 15%. This discount came from the company I work and I will tell them what happened.
Never more I will use this company.
I will tell this to all my friends and family.

johng1416
2/14/19

Placed my order over two weeks ago thinking that since they had all that notice, my wife would get her bouquet before 2:00pm ct. Didn't happen. $70 later, she'll have a nice arrangement waiting for her on February 15th instead. This is not the first time this has happened. Will be ordering local from here on out and encourage everyone reading this review to do the same. I should've learned my lesson last time.

lenr18
Len R.
2/13/19

The customer service rep lied about updating the delivery address. A true turn off for me. My first and last time using your company.

ryanc148
Ryan C.
2/13/19

Ordered flowers for 2/13/2019; however the flowers were not delivered today. No notice was sent telling me of any delays.

unsatisfiedf1
Unsatisfied F.
2/13/19

I ordered flowers and incorrectly entered in the wrong address for the delivery. Within ten minutes of placing the order, I tried online to update the delivery address, only to be told by the automated system that this was not possible due to the vendor already confirming the address for delivery (dubious that this could have happened that quickly, but I'll grant 1800flowers this, Valentine's Day is their busiest day of the year).

Within an hour, I reached out the customer service via chat to see about cancelling the order, and explained the situation to the representative. The representative asked if she could try to change the address in the system from her side instead of cancelling, which I agreed to let her try. This didn't seem to work, she asked that I directly contact the shipping carrier instead. I asked that, in lieu of that request, that she cancel the order only, at which point the customer service representative become entirely unresponsive to my chat window, likely working with other clients are simply unaware of my request, or, worse than that, ignoring my request completely. Again, I placed this order less than two hours earlier at that point, and at least 36 hours before they were due to be delivered. I simply cannot believe that either of these requests were not possible for an order of a simple bouquet of flowers placed less than two hours previously. I should also mention that, previous to this transaction, I cancelled an order from a competitor of this service because I had found a promotional opportunity for a similar purchase on 1800flowers.com, and that 1800flowers.com had better pricing, clearly lacking in customer service to help work through simple claims.

On top of this, the flowers didn't arrive at this delivery address by the scheduled time. I made a trip to the address to retrieve the bouquet myself only to be told that no such package had arrived.

Very unhappy with this service, will not use again. Will also discourage friends and colleagues from using this service.

stevec332
Steve C.
2/13/19

Unfortunately, the flowers that were purchased were delivered by a florist and did not follow 1800Flowers guidelines for how the flowers should look. The flowers looked like someone grabbed whatever flowers were available and bunched them all together. The flowers were not in the tight uniformed look that the picture showed. They were all different sizes, including flowers that were wilted and ones that were hanging over the side of the vase, looking like what I would consider half dead.

timr201
Tim R.
2/13/19

Horrible ordered flowers on February 7th and were supposed to be delivered on the February 13th but they did not arrive! I talk to customer service about getting a refund and was told I can not get one, will be the last time I get flowers from you guys and anyone associated.

jeraldr9
Jerald R.
2/13/19

Had problems with checkout, was unable to go forward with the process. Had to close and reopen the page.
Finally was able to complete the transaction.
Received the article on time and in good shape. Will have to see how the buds open into flowers, and if the plant does survive tillk spring so I can plant it outside and see ho it grows and if it prospers.

susiec36
Susie C.
2/13/19

Ordering was easy. I was able to even track my purchase. Thank goodness I signed up for text alerts, because that's how I learned the flowers were delivered. Unfortunately, they were left at the house without ringing the doorbell, so, even though I had sent them incognito, I had to tell the recipient to go outside and get them or they would have frozen. Great flowers, bad delivery.

davidg563
David G.
2/13/19

i asked for delivery on 2/13 and now its delayed a day. Dont ask me to pick a day if you cant fulfill it! Next time I'll try someone else.

matthewv47
Matthew V.
2/13/19

My flowers didn't get delivered on 2/13 as they were supposed too. I called customer service and was on the phone for 40 minutes and they said they will deliver the flowers by Saturday 2/17. As a business that is unacceptable. I requested to speak to the supervisor and the worker refused and kept say they'll give me $20. I'm extremely disappointed and now without flowers on Valentines Day.

anonymousa500
anonymous A.
2/13/19

The ordering process was very easy, and the delivery was excellent. I was disappointed when I saw the bouquet that my wife received vs what I had ordered. I feel that what was ordered was much nicer than the version that was delivered.

genoc1
Geno C.
2/13/19

I wish i was able to use a Discount code. Unfortunately the discount code : EBATES was useless. That was a real let down

thomasg195
Thomas G.
2/13/19

Flowers were delivered today. They were not as expected and were significantly undersized. For $150 I could have bought 5 bouquets the same size from the grocery store.

brandonb362
Brandon B.
2/13/19

Delivered to the neighbors house two hours after email received saying they were delivered. I've ordered six times from this site, have only had one order delivered with no problem. Highly recommend using another company as I surely will when the free delivery option I paid a one time fee for is up.

deliveredb
Delivered b.
2/13/19

The roses don't resemble anything lile the photo in the ad. I'm not happy with that part of the entire transaction and will not be using 1800FLOWERS again.

Service is terrible! Will never use them or reccomend to anyone! Use your local florist

By Kelly W.

No, it is a consumer based answer.

By Regina M.

You have to fight with them on a regular basis to get actual compensation. This company takes no responsibility for anything.

By dave p.

Questions? Get answers from the 1-800-Flowers staff and other customers.

1-800-Flowers?