Review of 1-800-Flowers

domainadmin@1800flowers.com
2017 Customer choice award

briang146
2/17/18

What a pathetic company. I've tried using them a couple of times throughout the years (mostly because I found coupons) and the flowers they've sent each time were already dead. This time I finally complained and asked for a refund. For 4 days they gave me the runaround claiming it had been processed when PayPal clearly showed nothing had been sent. When I contacted them again afterwards they insist it had been sent and to contact my financial institution. That's not how PayPal works! Finally had to file a chargeback to get my refund. Absolutely pathetic company and I will never deal with them again.

spencerm19
2/16/18

We ordered an edible arrangement to be delivered to our daughter on Valentines day 2018. We received a confirmation email letting us know it had been delivered. However calling our daughter 10 minutes after the confirmed delivered we found the product had not been delivered. We contacted 1 800 flowers customer non service and were continuously given the run around. They insist the arrangement was delivered at 6:59PM and had a signature. We said it would be resolved the next day. At 9:50PM a guy with his friend showed up at our daughter's in a small car. They gave her an arrangement of lukewarm fruit and chocolates that were melting. No paperwork, and no signature. We spoke to 1 800 flowers non customer support that evening (Feb. 15) and spoke with a supervisor. Again the superbisor(Angela) gave us the run around and ended up offering to redeliver the product and refund us 20%. We said no and here we are 2 days later trying to get these idiots at 1 800 flowers to refund us for their screw up. This isvthe second time dealing with these scammers. Buyer beware

Tip for consumers: RUN!!!

casiey2
2/16/18

I ordered a small white and blue standing arrangement (Product 148713) on 01/26/2018 to be sent to a funeral home in NC. The arrangement was supposed to be sent the same day and it arrived on time before the service.I have a picture of the arrangement received and the arrangement posted on the website, but it this site will not let me upload it because it is not in the right format. I completely understand that it will not look exactly like the picture on the website, but what was received had mostly greenery and barely any flowers (even after the ones on it bloomed), and it also has a bow that looked like it was just crammed in the arrangement (actually looks like a triangle of ribbon stuffed in the arrangement to me). I contacted customer service about my complaint on 01/31/2018 and they said they would resent another arrangement to replace it and I told them no that the family was now out of town. They offered to refund me the full amount of 112.48, and I said it would be greatly appreciated. Then the same say I got another emailed from a different customer service person that I would be refunded half the amount, and be given $20 off your next order. I emailed this person back and told them that I was already told in the previous email I would be refunded the whole amount. They then emailed me back and said yes you will be refunded the whole amount of 112.48 back and it should appear on your next billing statement. On 02/15/2018 I still have not received a refund and I emailed back again to let them know I have not been refunded, and they said that they have issued a refund of 112.48 and it should refund to your account in 24 to 48 hours from then. On 02/16/2018 I currently have a refund for 56.24 which is exactly half the amount I was supposed to receive, I have emailed them back and I am currently waiting for a response. This issues is still unresolved. I still have all the emails from them as proof. I have been looking for places to leave a review on their site, Facebook, google, etc. and cannot find a place. I just want to share my experience with anyone who is thinking of ordering from them to let them know the problems I have had before they order.

jenniferw284
2/15/18

My husband ordered a bouquet of flowers, a case and a box of chocolates. The order was messed up from the beginning with the address that he both called and emailed about. For some reason, the site itself added something to the address that made no sense. So if course the order did not so up. So my husband called several times and they offered him twenty dollars off his next order and to resend the order, he agreed to this. The order showed up two days late and it was the saddest bunch of flowers I have ever seen! They were wilted and dying and a lot of them were broken and the candy was not even in the order. My husband called again for a refund and all they would give him back was $30. This place is terrible and we will never use it again!

thomasa122
2/15/18

First... the delivery didnt happen on the 14th as promised. Secondly... image and real product will vary, but what my wife got was a complete embarrassment. Half of the product amount as shown, and I wouldnt pay $30 for what my wife got, let alone $79 dollars. Last time I buy with this company. I wish I could load pictures

chrism466
2/15/18

I should have read all the reviews here already. One star isn't even worth giving them. They totally ruined my Valentine's Day surprise for my wife by failing to deliver her flowers, teddy bear, card and chocolate to her work place. Then they tried to get me to take a 20% discount and deliver it to our house. They were meant to be delivered to her work and she was one of the only people there to not get flowers for the day. I hate the thought of her feeling unloved or not thought about. They then offered a 50% discount and would deliver it today (the day after Valentine's Day) you know, because delivering a Valentine's Day balloon, chocolates and etc to her work the day after VD makes sense. Anyway, I had to spend an hour and a half on three phone calls to get a full refund. The first call I was told I would receive a full refund and I got the feeling they were incompetent so, I called back to verify it happened. No refund was issued, so the woman I spoke with then told me they would issue a refund and I asked that I receive an email while on the phone with her so I know they have done their job.. She asked me to hold 30 minutes into this second call, she hung up. Called again today, they said they issued the refund which will take from 3-7 business days (meaning the $205 I spent was now tied up) asked for a supervisor and they STILL wouldn't give me a confirmation email right away. We will see if it ever shows up and I will be leaving another review if it doesn't and escalating my efforts to get my money back. In short, save yourself time and money and go to Target and get flowers like I had to on short notice.

stevep189
2/14/18

1800flowers did not deliver my valentines day order during business hours, my wife had to drive 25 minutes back to work to meet the delivery person in the parking lot. 1800flowers would not stand by their 100% guarantee, I spoke to customer service for 1 1/2 hours trying to locate the delivery and when I asked for a refund as offered the 1800flowers web page they said no. I finally spoke to a supervisor Roy who said no to the refund and then promptly stated "I am going to hang up on you now!" when I insisted that they honor their guarantee. 1800flowers does not stand by their 100% Smile guarantee!!!! No smiles today on Valentines day!!

anner79
1/25/18

I ordered flowers the funeral of a family member. When I attended the service, the flowers were no where to be found. The funeral home contacted 1-800 flowers on my behalf to find the order had not been filled. I was very embarrassed. This company had the audacity to send me a survey regarding customer satisfaction. My review was not good. Never use this service if you want to ensure your flowers are received.

dennisc85
1/24/18

1800 the flowers did not deliver flowers as promised to my moms 92nd birthday maybe her last couldnt be there had to call when they did not arrive to be told we couldnt find a florist to deliver but made no excuse or reason they didnt contact us before to give us a chance to use someone else pretty sorry excuse for a business that deals with happiness and sadness

michelleg204
1/11/18

THE SAD PART IS THAT THEY COULDN'T DELIVER ON TIME AT THE ORIGINAL ADDRESS GIVEN BUT THEN WHEN GIVEN AN ALTERNATE ADDRESS AFTER HOURS SEEING THAT THEY DIDN'T DELIVER ON TIME, THEY COULDN'T EVEN DO THAT EITHER!!!! TERRIBLE....
MICHELLE G

faizak1
1/8/18

Very bad customer services. Never solved a problem that they have. Very bad organization structure. I had to email them, call them, and stay on the live four hours to solve simple things like mistakes in delivery date or charging my card without permission. I canceled my passport (fast delivery) with them last year, I just got an email from them saying that they renewed it!!!! What a stupid communication!!!

michaels751
12/29/17

Ordered flowers last night to be delivered today to my mother who is in the hospital. Received word that they can't fulfill the order on time. Their suggested remedy was to deliver the flowers 4 days later. That's it. Happy to take my money, but not deliver on their promised service. Shameful. Avoid 1800Flowers.com if at all possible.

Tip for consumers: Don't bother with them. If you need something delivered in a timely way, look to a more reliable vendor.

jishaj
12/27/17

I had the worst experience with your company and I will never order from you again. I placed this order weeks in advance and the delivery window given to me was 12 hours wide. You couldn't give me a more accurate delivery time. Since I didn't want to be stuck waiting for potentially 12 hours, I asked customer service if I needed to be present to receive the fruit basket and she said no, they would just leave it at the door. Lo and behold, my fruit basket was not delivered because I wasn't there to received it! When I called they said I needed to write in the "special instructions" that I wanted it to be left at the door if the recipient was not home, but that's not what the customer service rep said when I spoke to her, so she just gave me completely WRONG information. So they rescheduled the delivery for the next day. It wasn't delivered until 7pm, long long after the person I was going to give the gift to had left and had no chance of seeing it. And guess what? It was delivered to the wrong address! They send it to the house several blocks away because the driver did not read the address properly. Luckily, the person at the wrong house was nice enough to call and let me know they had my basket, otherwise I would never have even laid eyes on it. You people are completely incompetent and your customer service is atrocious. You should be ashamed.

billm224
12/22/17

I ordered a Christmas roses arrangement on 12/13 for delivery on 12/22. I get an email message on 12/22 indicating that they tried to call me and I was not available and I needed to call them about my order. (My phone keeps a call history and I never got a call from anyone.) I called, got an agent who took the order number and then placed me on hold. 23 minutes later I hung up and called in again. The next agent tells me that they were unable to delivery my roses because they ran out of stock and there were orders in front of mine. First of all I would say this order was being shipped and you are telling me the day they were supposed to be delivered that you weren't able to ship them? You should have known prior to the day of delivery. Second I would say that since this order was placed nearly 10 days ago that your suppliers should have known the stock they had available for my order and just because I didn't want mine delivered until 12/22 stock for earlier deliveries should not have been used so that I am the one that suffers. No remedy was offered, and no refund was voluntarily offered... they were going to try to accommodate a delivery of something different for later next week. I finally insisted on a refund... did a google search for florists in the town that I needed the delivery and called them to arrange to have something delivered. Buyer beware. I certainly won't use them again and will pick up the phone and call a local florist instead.

robertr320
11/29/17

I spent two hours retelling all the details of my order to person after person, multiple days, multiple phone calls, no call backs, left on hold, no one recording any of the information, transferred between countries, all to find that their App was dropping all orders paid via PayPal and they were sorry, and I needed to start over and I needed to reorder everything. Disappointing to say the least!

megm26
9/10/17

They sent heavily bruised buds, stems naked of any greenery. I received them as a gift. When I called to complain, they said they could not do anything unless the sender contacted them.

When the sender spoke to them, he was offered a partial refund and coupons for his next order. Not going to happen! No way we'll ever order from them again. Further, we can contact our credit card company and lodge a complaint and we'll get a full refund AND 1800Flowers would be charged a fee for the complaint.

This is not the first order that's been poor quality. At valentines day, 1/3 of the stems had already-drooping heads as soon as I opened the box.

My previous order, of dozens of tea roses -- almost half the buds fell off the stems as soon as I lifted the stems to put them in a vase.

Do not waste your money on 1800Flowers. Call your local florist.

raymondg52
8/23/17

I ordered flowers for my wife for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. They were never delivered. I called the customer service and was told the would deliver the next day - missing the whole purpose of specifying a delivery date and missing my 25th Anniversary. They also told me it was better late than never.

I will never use their service again and anyone considering using them should find another source for their gifts especially if you need them to arrive on a specific date.

carolynb98
8/10/17

The flowers 1-800-Flowers sent for my niece's funeral were absolutely beautiful!! Couldn't have asked for anything better! Thank you so much!!

micheleb77
8/9/17

it was my first time buying something from the 1800flwers brand. I got some cookies, It was good. thought they would have been horrible based on the reviews but I decided to try it anyway I guess I cant believe every thing I read then. will be shopping again soon. plus I get points just for buying stuff here. who wouldn't want to be rewarded for shopping.

paulw254
8/9/17

I sent the largest bouquet of three available to a close friend who was ill in re-hab. She said it was the most beautiful flower arrangement she has ever seen, and that visitors agreed.

lindag220
8/8/17

Arrangement was lovely! Delivery service came after lunch time. Wonderful concept for those who cannot have a real cake due to health issues.

carlah31
8/8/17

I was told the plants were beautiful and the link online was very convenient but the only thing missing was my card to let the family know whom the plants were from.

helma3
8/7/17

We used this very convenient link right on the funeral home website to choose this lovely basket in the colors my Aunt used for her wedding in 1977. We sent it from all the nieces and nephews, her kids said it was a really beautiful arrangement, so they knew our thoughts were with them.

cindip1
8/7/17

The roses arrived in very good shape and have been blooming beautifully. The only issue was when they were delivered they were left on the door step and that is ok, but they should have rung the door bell. My mother has limited mobility so she would not have been able to answer, but she would have checked. The outside temp that day was 86-90, if my sister had not come to visit and found the box on her step you may have had to send a replacement.

bettyc53
8/5/17

My gift to my brother-in-law was so perfect. It arrived on time, as he got home from work. He called right away and was so very happy with the quality of the gift and it's delivery. I will continue to use 1800flowers for most of all my birthday list.

Service is terrible! Will never use them or reccomend to anyone! Use your local florist

By Kelly W. [1-800-Flowers Rep]

You have to fight with them on a regular basis to get actual compensation. This company takes no responsibility for anything.

By dave p. [1-800-Flowers Rep]

Questions? Get answers from the 1-800-Flowers staff and other customers.

17 Photos for 1-800-Flowers