Review of 1-800-Flowers

mediainquiries@1800flowers.com
2017 Customer choice award

connief65
4/16/19

I worked 4 hours yesterday trying to get the order delivered. One minute after giving more information. They sent an email stating it was delivered.. Got 2 texts from recipient this morning stating it was not delivered.

Contacted about 3 customer service, one hung up on me, the 2nd again put me on hold and the 3rd stated the refund must have been giving as they can't get into my order. To give it one hour to see if the refund came through.

Will never order from them again, worst service ever!!!!

faustor1
4/12/19

We ordered flowers for my daughter and she received something that was not even similar to what we paid

juliap118
4/11/19

The flowers I ordered came on time and were just gorgeous!!! Very fresh and beautiful! Using this company already for a second time and so happy with everything!

ewelinac1
4/5/19

People!! Please stay away from this company
This company is one bull$#*! company!! I have ordered on April 4 an order for 70$ to be delivered for my mom's birthday and I have received a confirmation stating that the delivery was delivered, at 8pm , I called my mom the min I saw the email and she told me there was nothing there. After 9pm I called them back asking were the $#*! are my flowers I ordered them for a birthday and she never received it. Someone Indian guy , was telling me how sorry it is and he apologized for any inconvenience, I told him I don't need your bull$#*! apology, I made an order to be delivered from 3-6pm for her birthday and she never received it. So after this they told me they gonna redelivery the item and next day I see on my email instead of refunding my money they refund me stupid 5$ and they charged me 70$. Are you f*** kidding, stay away from this bull$#*! company . I will never order any flowers from them ever again !!!!

teagueb
4/4/19

They're liars, frauds, scammers, cheats, every terrible thing you could imagine about a company supposedly all about mailing affection. I was told twice, once on chat and once via e-mail, that my order would be canceled and refunded. They never refunded the order, and they also never mailed the flowers. I have screenshots and e-mails where two different (terrible) customer service reps clearly stated they would cancel and provide a total refund. Do not buy from these people, they do not care about you or your money, and they have disgusting creatures working customer service.

erikav21
4/3/19

Worst business that I have ever encountered
My husband order flower for me for my birthday yesterday and I still havent received anything and its been 2 days made many phone calls and all they can do is give me a coupon for next time ???? What makes you think I would ever use that coupon because I would never order from this place again , very unprofessional, rude rude people

marys1154
3/30/19

I ordered funeral flowers for my aunt, I was unable to be at the funeral. 800Flowers charged me and said they delivered them. When I called to ask why the delivery text was late they insisted the flowers were delivered on time for the funeral. None of my relatives saw the flowers there, including the deceased's daughter and brother.

brianc577
3/22/19

I ordered flowers 4 days in advance for my partner's funeral. Guaranteed delivery to the church by Friday. Service is Saturday. No flowers by Friday night. They said they would try to deliver them in the morning. I demanded a refund. They can't be trusted to do what they say they will. Do not give them any money they will steal it! Why are they allowed to stay in business!

natej12
3/13/19

I had them miss a delivery for valentines' day and then miss the rescheduled delivery for the day after. I then had opted to try them again for a birthday delivery recently to have the exact same scenario happen. Their customer service flat out lies to you. The second issue I have called multiple times to track the delivery to continually get different reasons as to why they couldn't deliver. Stay away from them.they have trashed their company with horrible processes and horrible customer service. It's unfortunate as they used to be very good.

ramjeetf
2/26/19

I am very dissatisfied with this service. I placed an order and paid an extra $5.00 to have it delivered between a certain time frame. Delivery never arrived... No email.... No phone call..... When I called to inquire, I was told they already left the area and will just deliver it tomorrow. Completely unacceptable!! You are not privy to anyone's time frame, what if that is not good for me? Then you tell me that you will refund the shipping cost of $22.00... Only to then tell me that I won't receive that for about a month!! Your business is horrible and I will be placing this review for all to see everywhere I can!!! I am so sorry I ever heard of your unprofessional company that hires an overseas C.S.R. with limited English skills to handle issues.

devini4
2/26/19

I ordered flowers for Valentines Day, what I consider to be a special occasion. The flowers were the absolute worst quality I have ever seen. I have dealt with a local florist that has always done an exceptional job. Why I switched and tried 1800FLOWERS I have no idea and I never will again. All of the flowers were cracked, split, and some of them look like bugs had eaten through them. They only made it about 4 days and even that was to long. I spent over $100 on a horrible and bad presentation. Never ever again!! Of course it won't let me upload photos from my phone....

Tip for consumers: Don’t waist your time with this company!!

daisyb30
2/25/19

You have failed me tremendously. I have emailed your customer service time and again, each time I got one excuse after another and an apology but never an indication you have an intent to deliver or refund me my money for your service failure. I have reported your poor service and non compliance to the BBB for which I have been assigned a case. I have placed an order for a bouquet of flowers on your Saudi Arabia 1800 flowers advertisement for a guaranteed delivery on Order #: W00825242760328 Order Date: 2/7/2019 for a delivery date of February 12, 2019. I intended an early delivery purposely for Valentine occasion but no delivery transpired. I have consistently emailed you requesting a deloivery or refund but you have no indication to do either one. I DEMAND my money back PLEASE!

Tip for consumers: never use the site

cathyc185
2/21/19

Ordered a standing floral arrangement for a memorial service. I also bought their passport membership. I was given (2) two order/confirmation number. During the call, I have asked several times regarding the email receipt of the purchase, I was told that it will come in after our call. That was11:51 am. At 2:38 pm, I called again to verify my order for I did not received the email. I verified and found out that they misspelled a letter on my email address. After correcting it, I was promised that I should receive it anytime that day. I informed the lady, Mary that I need the invoice for our Accounting Dept.
Today, almost 24 hours after I placed my order (which is for today's delivery) I still don't have the email. How hard is it to re-send an email, specially if they know that it was sent to a wrong one....

erical100
2/19/19

my Aunt's birthday. My husband and I ordered a flower cake with a balloon as a surprise for her birthday to be delivered today. I had been checking my email as often as I could while at work to check to see if it was delivered yet (the delivery time was scheduled between 9 AM to 8 PM). By the time I got home at approximately 4:30 PM, I was still waiting and checking my email frequently. Finally, at 6:46 PM, we received both an email and text notification that it had been delivered. I immediately went out to check to see if a delivery person was outside my aunt's condo or in the parking lot as we live in a condo association with our condo adjacent to my aunt's condo. Nobody and nothing was either outside or inside of her door, and no delivery vehicle was in the parking lot. I then called customer support, and explained this to them; the first time I was told that someone named "Henry" signed for the package ( we know nobody named Henry) and was hung up on after being put on hold. The second time, I was told that I would be called back with an update on the situation; the lady also told me that she would call my Aunt and apologize for not receiving her flowers, but my Aunt never got a call. The third time we received a call and got disconnected; I called back and waited on hold for approx. 15 minutes, and once I got a hold of someone, had to explain the entire story again, only to be told they would call us back with an update. We are currently waiting for our refund, and I am very sad and embarrassed because to my Aunt, it appears that we got her nothing for her birthday. I would never order from here again

rogerv44
2/18/19

I ordered two items from them. One was chocolates for my wife the other a bear for my daughter. Both were scheduled for the 14th of February. The chocolates showed up, but the bear did not. I called customer service who after a long wait informed it should be there by 8pm. It never came so I called customer service the next day. They told me I should be getting it today. After going back and forth with them about the tracking number showing that is hasn't even been readied for shipping they finally told me that the item I purchased was not in stock. So my issue why was I able to order an item that was out of stock? Why did the first person I talk to not tell me that? To make things worse this was a bad time for my daughter as she had two friends that died to cancer around this time and her boyfriend moved from her school so she was already blue. If I had known it wasn't in stock I could have gotten her something else. I sent two responses to customer service with no response. I also sent a response to the CEO still with no response. Avoid using the service unless you have no choice. Chocolates were good, but service is not worth the risk.

douglasm209
2/15/19

I ordered flowers on the 6th of February and paid extra to guaranty the delivery on the 14th and they never arrived! When I called after 48 minutes they offered to send them 2 days late. I was dealing with people in the Philippines on their call center and she couldn't find a supervisor to talk to me. I would use a local flower source going forward. They also told me it could be up to 60 days for a refund. Not a great experience at all!

seant92
2/15/19

I ordered a fruit bouquet on January 25 for delivery on Valentine's day to my wife's school (she's an administrator) and it never was delivered. I spent over an hour on hold on trying to get an updated status or at least the information for the local florist so that I could pick it up and deliver it myself and only got a hold of one person in another country (I dont think they have any customer service inside the United States) who guaranteed me that it would be delivered by 3pm on Valentine's day, which it did not. I called another two times and waited on hold over 20 minutes each time to try to talk to a supervisor and got a hold of noone.

I'm on the phone now with another CSR in another country and they are unable to get my item ordered because "this product is not available for delivery in your zip code". How was this available a month ago when I ordered it and not now. They are offering to replace the order with flowers and give me a $20 voucher. As if I would ever do business with them again. I didn't order any f***ing flowers, I ordered a fruit bouquet. This is infuriatingly unacceptable. This ruined my 15 year wedding anniversary. DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE.

boardofm
2/15/19

Our office ordered flowers for a funeral, we told them it needed to be there by 2 pm. We went to the funeral home, no flowers. They did not arrive until nearly 7pm! Speaking to their customer service was like banging our head on a brick wall. They kept offering to deliver them to the persons home. well, they live alone and they are dead now. They wouldn't give us a credit or anything because "they got delivered". yeah five hours late! They needed to be there by 2pm. Somehow they could not get this.

DO. NOT. USE. THIS. COMPANY!!!

hard enough dealing with a loss, but to have them just blatantly refuse to give any compensation for a flower arrangement going to the funeral home when it should have, because it was eventually delivered is unacceptable.

stephent166
2/15/19

I ordered drom fromyouflowers before and didn't like the flowers my girlfriend receive so I switched to 1800-FLOWERS and she received nothing at all.
Here is the kicker, I call on the 2/15th for a refund and I have offered the AMAZING DEAL of having them delivered on 2/16 at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, and on top of that they offered my a $20 coupon for the next purchase I have absolutely no intention of making.
Words of advice, call your local florist, after all, 1800-FLOWERS use them at discount prices so you end up with a discount service if any at all.

bw145
2/15/19

Ordered $200 worth of roses on 1/24 (3 weeks in advance) for valentine's day and the girlfriend did not receive them. Using their tracking system, my order still said "Order received by our shop" in the afternoon on valentine's day. Got a hold of customer service and was told that the flowers were on their way and would be delivered by 5pm. Received an email update at 4:24pm that the flowers were now being prepared for delivery. Met with the girlfriend for dinner at 6pm to find out she did not receive any flowers. Received an email update at 6:52pm that "it's official...your smile has been delivered!". This was absolutely false, and after our dinner we decided to check her business office where the flowers were "delivered" to find out to our "surprise", no. flowers. If you really want to show how much you do not care about your significant other, 1-800-flowers is your go to!

dustinh67
2/15/19

I ordered my flowers three weeks in advance for Valentines Day. Three weeks. I knew that day would be busy and that I needed to make sure my order would go through. So, three weeks later Valentines Day comes, and unlike the first time I ordered where they delivered the flowers in person, with a nice bouquet, what shows up to my wife's work is a box. Are you kidding me? A box. I was so embarrassed. I cannot believe this is considered acceptable. It was described as a "build your own" bouquet. I could have paid literally 1/3 of the price and done that myself! What was the point of buying it from them! Nowhere in my order was I told this! I will NOT be ordering from here again. Not to mention their prices they hide until checkout. I cannot believe this company. They are out for the money and getting in as many orders as they can and that's it.

lindziej
2/15/19

I ordered a treat tower for my mom for delivery to her job for Valentine's Day. I placed the order on 2/4, plenty of time for them to arrange for delivery. I got the order number and tried to put it into the website for tracking, it said I have no orders. A couple days later I called because I needed to change the destination, as I found out my mom wouldn't be at work that day. Changes went through seemingly fine and I got a new order number to reflect the changes. Went to put the order number in online for tracking again, still said I had no orders. I just called this morning for the refund and the representative told me that the order had been put on hold for some reason due to the address change. I asked for a full refund and the representative didn't hassle me about it, but it was about a 10 minute wait, and I called at 6 am just to be sure I wouldn't be calling at a busy time. At least she didn't try to give me a credit or hassle me about the refund, only good experience I had with this company so far. Just hoping my refund won't get "put on hold" like my order somehow did. I wish I read reviews before purchasing, it doesn't seem that this company gets good ratings for a number of different reasons. Never ordering from them again. I'll stick with Edible Arrangements, where I've never had an issue.

robertl763
2/14/19

I ordered my flowers for Valentine's Day over a month in advance they were supposed to be delivered by 5 p.m. local time at the latest. I called twice during the day and was misled by their customer service Representatives that the flowers were on their way. I was told the supervisor would call me, I never received a phone call back. I finally called again at 6pm and spent a total of over two and a half hours on the phone with customer service throughout the day the majority of which being on hold. These people do not care about your recipient or you.

mt98
2/14/19

I cancelled my order immediately after I placed it but they still charged me.
I am disputing this illegal charge! BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY! THEY ARE SCHEMERS!

anah63
2/14/19

I sent flowers to my daughter and I'm very disappointed. This company sells one product and delivered other. Also I applied a 20% discount coupon and on the checkout but their math gave me 15%. This discount came from the company I work and I will tell them what happened.
Never more I will use this company.
I will tell this to all my friends and family.

Service is terrible! Will never use them or reccomend to anyone! Use your local florist

By Kelly W.

You're screwed. You won't get them. They take your money with promises that turn out not be worth less than the paper they are written on. Save your money. Go elsewhere. Buy directly from a local. At least you know who the flowers are supposed to be coming from.

By Brian C.

No, it is a consumer based answer.

By Regina M.

Questions? Get answers from the 1-800-Flowers staff and other customers.

1-800-Flowers?