US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

annc27

Reading the voucher to me, which I already had over and over- I know what it said, it said room with breakfast. (in 39 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jeanq1
5/26/15

The deal had no description saying that the hotel reservation is NonModifiable, only when I received the booking confirmation did I realize it was nonrefundable-which was fine, but who knew you can't even change the dates 1 min after you taped the wrong dates?! No where to be find on the website!! I booked a 2 night sheraton hotel deal accidentally on the wrong date and called RIGHT AWAY to cancel/change but was told it was nonrefundable and non modifiable. I didn't even want the money anymore now after a month but I still feel very wronged. when I asked to speak to the manager I was yell at and the indian accent girl was so rude it was incredible. I almost bursted into tears.

They insisted the hotel has the money and when I called the sheraton they said they do not have the money hence can't change the dates.

It was a traumatic experience. I will never use travelzoo again. honestly if I know how and has the money I would sue them. for not clearly state the facts/lie to a customer/rudeness and so much more.

fuckus
5/19/15

I tried to look at a ad for mexico on your site but the stupid pop up saying give me email...you want me to buy I will never sign up for you to destroy my inbox with your bull$#*!

walterp13
5/18/15

Why would anyone go to a site that has the word "zoo" in it. All it does is reminds me of how we (humans) are treated by the travel industry but especially the airlines. Bad enough that they treat us like animals, but why would I want to be reminded of it.
My other objection is that I've never, never, never found a bargain on "tz" (I don't even want to use the entire word). Where do they get their offers?
With so many other alternatives, how do they survive?

mw43
5/5/15

I bought three vouchers from Travelzoo in January for photobooks. I was unable to use them before they expired as the company they used had a software issue and although they agreed I could send the photos direct I have heard nothing for over 5 weeks. Travelzoo just say it's nothing to do with them!

donaldl23
5/1/15

Ordered $79 of wine and was charged sales tax on $180. They said our policy is to charge tax on the full retail value. Not a ton of money but when I tried to cancel the order they refused. Writing a letter to the secretary of state for their deceptive business practices

bobk50
4/29/15

I looked at an ad I saw online and it was required that I give my address just to see the ad. Since that day, I'm getting about 30 extra junk mails a day. From 3 a day to over 30 a day. They're prostitutes.

janeth35
4/19/15

my son and daughter in law bought my partner a voucher as a Christmas gift for a Gin and tonic afternoon tea for two at The Old Palace hotel in Lincoln near the cathedral and castle. For one reason or another we have only just been able to use this after being told by the venue that their offer had been extended. We arrived a bit earlier than we had booked, and were shown straight to our table. The waitress was very pleasant. The food was tasty, choice of flavours of teas, and choice of flavour with gin and tonic. Surroundings very plush with view through big windows of the city. An enjoyable visit. We decided we will return sometime to stay at the hotel and to be able to have a look around the area. Well done Travel Zoo on choice of hotel.

janeb50
4/8/15

I purchased a Whale watching trip in Monterey..despite the best planning 3.5 hours of driving from bay area we missed our 10 a. m. trip.. Travel Zoo would not refund the monies.. we did not utilize the trip the company got the money the RANDY's Whale Fishing got their cut of money as did Travel Zoo but all I got was a bill for $50.00 Travel Zoo would not refund. THIS COMPANY AND RANDY's FISHING IN MONTEREY SUCK DON NOT USE ZERO STARS

quincyd9
4/3/15

So they promised Cirque du Soleil Love tickets for $60. But to get them you have to 'sign up' with them. Which means they get all your information. After jumping through all the hoops and following their instructions the '$60 tickets' simply do not exist. They were really $114. Looking around at reviews on this company it would seem that the positive reviews were written by a PR company. Get it? Anyway I am now being bombed by their spam.

nickm59
3/20/15

Travelzoo looks like it was built with the same logo and branding managers as GoDaddy. Very' 80's ish and cluttered.

I pass over this site and check all of the other travel resources before coming to Travel Zoo

jessm41
3/11/15

My partner purchased a restaurant voucher as a gift to be booked for our anniversary. Having been very careful to check the terms of use and validity of the voucher to make sure the expiry date was well after our intended booking date. We have gone to book the meal only to find that the restaurant has closed down without any warning. Now I seem to be unable to get any kind of response from Travelzoo using any of the usual communication methods. Their call back service is a farce (they don't call you back), when you hold on the phone you are in an endless queue that repeats there are an unspecified number of callers in front of you, they don't reply to emails, tweets or facebook posts/private messages.
I am extremely frustrated and disappointed with the situation and the service. They appear only too happy to take your money, but offer no after care whatsoever!

Tip for consumers: Just don't bother!

gwens6
2/27/15

I've used this site for years and very satisfied.

craigp24
1/13/15

This was awful. Lost $100 on Wine to Wall Street Journal Wine Travel Zoom Advertised. They won't make it right.

Tip for consumers: Do not use Travel Zoom.

susana59
1/12/15

Bought a voucher for a cruise to Bimini. The cruise was cancelled and I booked another Bimini cruise . I was suppose to receive travel documents from PRIME CARD, the organization handling the booking. Travel documents confirming the cruise, with departure time and cabin, never arrived. Travelzoo said I was confirmed after checking with PRIME CARD but nothing was ever put in writing. PRIME CARD told me to just show up. I skipped the cruise and lost 120.

jennym28
1/9/15

Wasted > £100 on a Christmas present for my neice. Purchased spa vouchers making sure they were valid for weekends as well as week days as we are only able to go on weekends. Also made sure they had a reasonable expiry date - end of March. Just attempted to book the treatments/lunch and venue curtly informs us there is no weekend availability at all before the expiry. So we have 3 useless vouchers that can not be redeemed. Emailed travelzoo - no reply.

Tip for consumers: Avoid

lucyb12
1/6/15

Bought a voucher for my fiance's birthday. It seems if you're organised and buy far in advance you cannot refund the voucher. We turned up to the hotel which was not how I imagined it to be, tried a different room, the meals included were just roasts etc etc not worth the money spent. Spoke to the hotel manager, he was understanding said we could apply for a refund but would have to go through travelzoo. After waiting a week for travelzoo to get back to me I had to call again for them to say they'd email again. Finally said I'd bought the voucher months ago so there was no option for a refund. The whole point of using travelzoo was to save money and in the end I spent double because we had to go to another hotel last minute. Work on your refund policy travelzoo its appalling!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Check out the hotel thoroughly before buying. Make sure you won't need the option to refund :(

margotb1
12/30/14

I could not be more frustrated. Purchased a voucher from travelzoo for a Christmas present, family getaway. The location was not available for a month of weekends , the voucher had an expiry date. Bottom line, lots of vouchers sold for a few cottages for a limited time period. At this point I am out almost $500.00 and have been put on hold for long periods of time as well as had to speak with an abrupt travelzoo rep. In fairness the supervisor I next talked with was pleasant but still no satisfaction. Strong warning watch refund policy and expiry date. Bottom line, I wouldn't buy a travelzoo voucher again.

Tip for consumers: Thank you to SiteJabber for getting my concerns out their. I did reconnect with a Travelzoo rep and the problem has been resolved to my satisfaction. I feel it is only fair to acknowledge the resolution. I would still strongly encourage buyer beware . Margot

fredrics7
12/29/14

My wife and I have used Travelzoo for our vacation in France. It was really an amazing package deal and experience for us. Great hotels and no real problems. Package included car and airfare. Price was great, hotels beautiful, and driving in France a real interesting time. traffic in Paris, and these really cool country roads. We will do it again

miked114
12/16/14

I purchased two vouchers for two, two night stays at The Clevelands House Resort in the Muskokas, Ontario. The TravelZoo site said cancel within seven days for a full refund, after the seven days "the hotel policy prevails". Like a smart shopper I checked the resort's website and it said cancel seven days prior to your reservation date for a full refund. We had to cancel and I contacted The Clevelands House. They agreed that I was entitled to a full refund and I had to contact TravelZoo, which I did. I eventually ended up speaking to Jamie and her boss Lana (real names? I don't think so). They said I wasn't entitled to a refund because it was after their seven days. I told them about the resort's cancellation policy and they basically told me to "get lost". I said I would sue them in small claims court and Lana said "do whatever you want". I contacted the resort again, and they couldn't have been nicer. They emailed TravelZoo on my behalf and got no response. The resort couldn't give me a refund because they had not been paid by TravelZoo.

If you read TravelZoo's fine print it says all disputes have to go to their dispute resolution company. I called them but they had never heard of TravelZoo. SOOOOO I contactacted my credit card company, they investigated and charged back the amounts to TravelZoo. Looks good on you Jamie and Lana and whoever owns TravelZoo.

My advice? NEVER DEAL WITH TRAVELZOO. Go to Groupon or SkyAuction.com We have dealt with them many times and been very satisfied.

It's not worth trying to deal with the donkeys at The Zoo.

alexb90
11/10/14

Nice site, but deals are not always correct. I wish that they woud be better updated.

francescar2
10/28/14

Looks like 95%+ of the reviews are negative. What's going on @ Travelzoo?

michelec11
10/20/14

RIPOFF!! Purchased a voucher (this is the first..and last time I used/will use Travelzoo) that was supposed to be valid for an Oregon wine tasting pass for two. After purchasing the voucher, I was required to redeem the voucher at the vendor's (oregonwinepass.com) website. However, the vendor refused to accept the voucher. Also, I noticed that the vendor indicated that the passes are good through 12/31/14, even though Travelzoo advertised that the pass was good through 12/31/15. I called Travelzoo and was told that it was up to me to call the vendor and work out the problems with the voucher and the inconsistent dates. Of course, there was no answer at the vendor's phone number. Thankfully, Travelzoo honored my request to cancel my purchase since it was within their 7 day cancellation period. This is a very strange business model--purchasing a voucher from a third party and then having to deal with the vendor to get them to honor Travelzoo's voucher. This particular purchase was relatively small, $29 so the risk in dealing with Travelzoo was small. However, many Travelzoo offerings are much more expensive and the risk far greater. Buyer beware--maybe it's better to deal with the vendor directly and forget about Travelzoo and their shoddy business practices.

Tip for consumers: Deal with the vendor directly. It might cost you a bit more, but you eliminate the risk of dealing with Travelzoo.

juliang15
10/7/14

Does not honor 7-day refund policy! Stick to Groupon, LivingSocial and Amazon Local for your local deals. Customer service, together with Hotwire, among the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

carlar6
9/29/14

DO NOT USE THIS SITE! If there was a zero star, it would apply here. I purchased 7 movie vouchers - each good for 2 movie tickets and popcorn. I tried to use the vouchers, went step by step through dealflicks, only to get the message that "not enough tickets are available to use this voucher". The movie was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which has been out for over a month. I went to the theater and bought our tickets at full price and we were the ONLY ones in the theater. When I called Travelzoo, I got the run around, they asked for "additional information" including proof I purchased the vouchers. I sent that to them. Now, 2 days later, they are asking for pictures of the tickets I purchased to the movie. They sold a product that was no good, fraudulent on it's face, yet they refuse to give a refund. I will be be contacting corporate and posting reviews on every social media website. Also, I am a lawyer and will be seeking all remedies available to me at law and in equity.
Carla

Tip for consumers: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

anthony-f
8/28/14

I received a dinner voucher via teavelzoo @ a fine restaurant the Adolphus in Dallas. While enquiring about a certain date within the guidelines of the voucher (No Fri-Sun, No Holidays). I was told that the restaurant couldn't honor the request because the entire establishment was rented for the evening. What do you do when u initially call and it's available then you make air reservations for your special day then u call back and the restaurant says "sorry" someone rented the entire restaurant for the night. Well, that seemed like anspecial exception so I called Travelzoo to NO Concern or Help. At first the manager Crystal wouldn't come to phone after multiple requests?!? Of course we can't refund the $$ or give u at the least a credit. U r outa luck and so sorry for the Airplane tix u bought. I would not recommend travelzoo, Dr T.....

Tip for consumers: Do not use TavelZoo........ If it's too good to be true your probably right.

janeyh
8/23/14

Do not buy from travelzoo. Most of their deals are just scams and not much of any savings, discount or deal. Horrible cosumer service. Always read their fine prints. I bought a "resort" from them. When I checked out of the hotel I was told that I would have to pay taxes because I bought from travelzoo and not directly from the hotel. There was a bunch of other fees as well. It basically comes out to the same as it would, if you buy directly from the vender/hotel, with all the taxes they charge at the end of your stay. Travelzoo costumer service could care less since they already got their money and wont refund. The hotel could care less, and told me to just take it up with travelzoo.

Tip for consumers: Dont buy anything from Travelzoo, and always read the fine print.

jerusac
8/18/14

Tip for consumers: Do not purchase deals from this sight. They run deals until it's almost expired. Customer service is no help when I explained that I had just purchased my deal to learned that it had already expired. Just stated I should have viewed the voucher after purchasing so I could have viewed fine print where the expiration date was noted - then I could have gotten a refund since it would be within 7 days.....sounds like a scam!

stephaniec35
7/25/14

I had a great experience with Customer Service. My name is Stephanie I spoke with Aaron and he was very nice and he put me through to Beverly who was WONDERFUL she helped me make my purchase. I had her on the phone for almost and hour and she was just great and so patience. LOVE LOVE TravelZoo

anner12
6/19/14

Buyer beware! I have had multiple incidents where I did not check the fine print before purchasing vouchers through Travelzoo Local. Two, totaling $50, were lost due to short expiration windows. The third was the worst. The language on the purchase of a Loews Portofino Mandara Spa offer led my mother-in-law and I to believe we would pay $99 for both a massage and a facial. We found out a check-out that we had to pay for one of the services. Between the two of us, this was a $450 mistake (in addition to the $198 we paid for the vouchers.) I contacted Travelzoo Local about this and was offered a $5 voucher for a future purchase. It's our fault for not reading the vouchers properly before purchase. I just want to warn others to read the fine print carefully or you will be sorry.

pauls129
6/14/14

I tried Travelzoo for the first time and was exposed to high pressure sales tactics from their vendor Casablanca Express. The bottom line is Casablanca did not deliver & Travelzoo would not refund. I would never use this site again and others should beware of this site.

gerrya3
6/1/14

You have to be VERY careful when you buy Travelzoo. Do your homework online, NO purchases after midnight or drunksurfing.

Sometimes they are deal, sometimes they are NOT. I recently bought an after midnight ten course tasting menu at iNG (owner hung himself, RIP) a restaurant I had always wanted to go to. I recently realized I had saved $6, 3%, and locked myself into Travelzoo's boilerplate when the restaurant dramatically dropped the A menu to a C, and then closed for remodeling for 3-4 months. Be VERY careful, READ the fine print or you will almost certainly regret it eventually. Check ALL the limitations and exclusions for menu, expiration date, holidays, and then imagine the worst that could happen to you that you might have to fight with Travelzoo about whether it met their boilerplate or not, and reconsider if it's still a deal. And they will try and pay you off in travelzoo credit, not credit card credit.

$#*! happens, and in my experience Groupon is the best at fixing it. We NEVER buy Living Social, WAY too many limitations and fine print, and it took me months correcting my Travelzoo ten course tasting menu mistake, doing a lot of customer service training at Travelzoo along the way. So be really careful or you will wind up spending some online time with many semi-unempowered people at Travelzoo until you finally will hook up with Cortni. Thanks Cortni, you weren't the first but you were the best.

Travelzoo is NOT a member of BBB, has a lousy B- rating and has 49 complaints closed with BBB in the last 3 years | 27 closed in last 12 months...THAT is very bad.
FILE a BBB complaint if you cannot resolve your issue with Travelzoo.
You can do it online or over the phone. NO cost.
BBB WILL try and help you. Good luck.

reneet5
5/14/14

Scam artistry at its finest. Stole $39 from me for a restaurant voucher, to a restaurant that wasn't even open, but was still taking online reservations. If that's not ripping people off for their hard earned money, I don't know what is. Customer service repeatedly told me they would do nothing for me, not even a travelzoo credit?! And why would they do anything, for me or anyone else as it appears? They don't, because then they get to keep all of that stolen money. With such poor ratings, bad reviews on scambook, scamadvisor, complaintsboard, key words "voucher fraud", I wish I would have researched before I purchased. They got me once, never again. Read these reviews before you buy, and think again!!

annc27
4/28/14

After booking 2 hotel rooms through Travelzoo, I upgraded the rooms to have breakfast as well as spa tubs. Upon check in the gal at the desk said it was a continental breakfast. I was very surprised and said that my understanding was a full breakfast. She was willing to accommodate the request if I sent her verification from Travelzoo. We checked in and called customer service. Aaron was almost annoyed speaking with me. Reading the voucher to me, which I already had over and over- I know what it said, it said room with breakfast. I then asked for his supervisor. After being put on and off hold for 28 minutes, Lana said she'd have to bring it up with HER supervisor and would quickly get back to me since we were already in the hotel and needed an answer. That was Friday, today is Monday. I just called customer service and Linda said oh there is $10 promo code for you. I explained the poor customer service as well as it was a $28 upgrade for the full breakfast( as well as the $39 extra dollars per room) and I was offered $10 promocode. I asked for one per room since I purchased both room vouchers. Very sad customer service.
Finding this site "site jabber" I was surprised to see all the bad reviews for Travelzoo. I've used them a long time and thought I would have been more appreciated as a valued customer. Beware of what you are buying before you hit that "buy now" button.

ashleem2
4/24/14

I don't really know if this reflects badly on the restaurant, or on travelzoo, so I am covering my bases and saying it's BOTH. I had purchased a $25 deal at Kahunaville in Las Vegas for 5 drinks at the bar and when I had gone up to the bar to get them, I was avoided like the plague. I waited until after we ate to try again.... and still took a good 15 minutes for someone to finally wait on us, when it wasn't even that busy since it was the middle of the day during the middle of the week. He was TOLD by someone else to go wait on us, and rolled his eyes as he walked over. We couldn't figure out if it was because I was holding a piece of paper and they assumed it was a coupon... or if it was because we weighed more than 120 pounds. I can honestly say, it was the worst Vegas experience we had, and we will never go to that bar again. If you're not going to help the customers, then don't offer the coupon!!!! If we would've had a good time, I would've tipped well, but since the service WAS SO BAD, we walked out after one drink. (Which I'm sure was their original goal anyways). It's too bad also because the food and service at the restaurant part of Kahunaville was VERY good. It upset my friend so much that she actually went on a diet when we got back home. :S

stephanien3
4/21/14

Another flash travel deal site. The deals seem pretty good. But, you must act fast because a lot of times they will sell out quickly.

upsets
4/14/14

My first experience with Travelzoo and my last. I tried to get a $15 refund for a voucher that we never received because of an invalid email address. Could not contact them because they are not open on weekends so had to pay full price instead. Was told since I was outside of the 7 day refund limit, I would not be refunded. Seemed for a first time customer, and for $15 unused voucher, that you verified I never received, you might make an exception, apparently not . I will continue to use living social and groupon as they are a lot more flexible with refunds and appreciate my business.

ea944
4/11/14

I purchased a voucher to a local comedy club; however, when I went to use the voucher, I was told it was invalid because the comedian had "NO PASSES" beside the show time. Well, I searched the comedy club's website and practically every single show had this notation beside it; out of four months' worth of shows, MAYBE three show times didn't say "NO PASSES" (and there's a different performer every single week)!

Needless to say, I won't be purchasing from TravelZoo again -- they may be offering deals, but you're losing money in the long run if the venue doesn't allow you to redeem the deal! Save your money and/or stick to Groupon or LivingSocial; I've used those sites several times, and I've never had any redemption issues!

d-b
3/9/14

I wish I had read the reviews before I had purchased a travel voucher for 2 nights in Philadelphia. Forget about Customer Service they are no help at all! This year as everybody knows-snow was a big factor in everyone's travel plans, it just seams like knowbody cares, just give us the money. I am still having a huge problem redeeming this travel voucher. I will never ever buy again..so Please be aware of just what you are buying.

laurao8
3/6/14

Stay away from Vacation Express ..what a way to wreck your entire vacation. Booked through TravelZoo for Vacation Express's All-inclusive with Nonstop from Detroit to Riveria Maya in Dec 2013, piad for it in Jan14 and ready to go in 8 days,,except Vacation Express tells us today that the trip does not include airfair..haha just the hotel stay and pickup/transfers from airport in Cancun, no air tickets, no nonstop from Detroit, unless we pay additional $492pp today! What a joke AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS

clared15
2/19/14

I am done using Travelzoo - there customer service is terrible. I am amazed that in today's competitive environment they can have the attitude they have towards customers. I had problems with a hotel vouchers I was unable to use due to snowstorms in the northeast and cancelled flights, they were of no help to me, and I ended up not being able to use $300 of vouchers.

annb25
2/18/14

If I could give this site no star I would. Customer service is worthless. This place is a rip off. It's not even worth buying anything on here just to save money because you will end up spending more than you intend and the headache is just not worth it. Stay away. I've blocked them from my email list. I am a big online buyer but this site is definitely not worth it

johnw185
2/7/14

Travelzoo Customer Service is worthless when it comes to resolving difficulties involved with redeeming a voucher.

dougl269
1/27/14

BEWARE !! I had purchased two vouchers TRAVELZOO promoted using a local eatery in Vancouver ( La Gavroche )which has since closed and gone bankrupt after 30 years in operation, I tried numerous times to contact travelzoo for a refund as per their policy to which there is no reply , no direction , so result. DO NOT BUY VOUCHERS unless you are prepared to eat the loss so to speak , because if the vendor closes, you appear to be on your own , Travelzoo does not care.

matthiasz
1/16/14

BEWARE! Do not buy travel vouchers from Travelzoo. I purchased a 3 day houseboat trip voucher as a gift, trying to find a date that worked for everyone going took a couple days. I finally called the company to reserve the boat 5 MONTHS in advance and was informed the dates I wanted to travel were unavailable, I had a back and forth with the company and my travel companions a couple times and by the end 7 days had passed. I tried 30+ more dates including weekdays and weekends, all of which were unavailable. They continuously tried to upsell me to a more expensive boats and said the only time available was immediately, which was impossible due to my schedule and inability to leave work without advanced warning. I informed Travelzoo and they too called the company and had no luck finding available dates. They responded I should try to sell my voucher (even though they know there are no available dates), but offered no assistance, no credit and no refund for selling me a voucher that was unusable. I have been a customer for 10+ years and will never purchase through them or click through their site again. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, Travelzoo offers ZERO customer service.

terryk19
1/10/14

Promotional voucher for: Westgate River Ranch Resort
3200 River Ranch Blvd Lake Wales, Florida 33898, 800-609-8772

Upon receiving my voucher, I noted the expiration date, Promotional Value Expiration Date: Feb 27, 2014. Since I was not ready to make my reservation, I did not bother to read HOW TO USE THIS VOUCHER portion. Your voucher contains trickery and fraud...If the important provision was that "reservations must be made by December 31, 2013", this info should have been included right along with the promotional expiration dates and especially in the TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Unless I receive an immediate refund or acceptance of my voucher by Westgate River Ranch Resort, I will be contacting both paypal and Discover Card and my lawyer.

alisond5
12/24/13

The worst ever experience !! I booked a beauty session through travelzoo at a local salon when I came to redeem my voucher within the timescale specified the company was no longer trading I have emailed travelzoo on FIVE occasions requesting a full refund and they have not had the common courtesy nor decency to even respond all you get in an automated response !!!!
STAY WELL CLEAR !!!! the only saving grace is this was only for a beauty session thank goodness it wasnt for an expensive holiday PLEASE DO NOT FALL INTO THIS TRAP !!!!

serenaa
12/23/13

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. Not only did they refuse to offer me a refund when the Fandango and Restaurants.com certificate not what expected but they treated me terribly. I would never recommend using them again. BUYER BEWARE!

carrolb
12/19/13

I purchased a two night voucher for MacArthur Place and Spa in Sonoma, CA. When we went to redeem the voucher, we were told it was for one night. When I contacted Travelzoo, they refused to honor the clearly stated 2 nights on the voucher. What a waste of time and what a scam!

rhodac
12/17/13

Bought a voucher to give as Christmas gift to friend and within hours, spoke to him and realized that it was in the wrong place and wrong experience. I immediately sent email to their customer service site asking for refund. Did not hear back, so called and was told no refund possible because it was date/event specific ...not what it said..it said many dates available. Was also told it was non-refundable and it was "in the small print"...which is hidden......I offered to take credit rather than refund and was declined. I had lengthy email correspondence and no flexibility. Although not outright fraud, this is very poor public relations and customer service. I'll "eat" my $150 and never use them again.

cjb6
11/21/13

I purchased a voucher for $29 for a fandango move and restaurant.com dinner. I purchased it months ago and had actually forgot that I had it until I received an email from Travel Zoo that it was about to expire. There was a linik in the email that requested the voucher # then brought me to Fandango. I clicked on the link selected two tix for a movie it required me to enter my credit card which I did. When I completed it I realized I had actually been charged for the tickets. I emailed Travel Zoo to find out if this was correct (I had already paid $29 for the voucher) and they told me I did not follow the instructions on the voucher that I should have gone to restaurant.com first. I explained I am a brand new customer and I had clicked on the link in the email they sent me. I explained I had already purchased movie tix and would not be able to go to two movies this weekend and could they refund the voucher since I could not use it. They said they do not provide refunds and I should have followed the instructions. I explained I did not realize it would be so complicated to use their product and there must be an allowance they could make for new customers. They again said they have a no refund policy. What horrible customer service. I guess they think its better to keep the $29 than to actually cultivate a return customer. I cant imagine a company like that will last very long. Bottom line is avoid Travel Zoo. The operation they run is borderline scam They do not back the product they sell and customer service is non existent.

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Travelzoo staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Is Travelzoo a legit company to use for travel? How reliable are the hotels they provide? What kind of references and recommendations are you aware of by customers? Please include dissatisfied as well as happy ones.
5/8/11
Add your answer
Q: I have purchased a ticket to Edmonton from Vancouver for tomorrow. Can I do the on-line check-in?
4/17/15
Answer
travelzooc
A: Hello Judy, as airline tickets are not issued directly by Travelzoo, we recommend contacting the airline to confirm check in policy. If you ever have questions which require immediate assistance please don hesitate to contact our Service Team at 877-655-0000, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 9 PM EST.
4/20/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Travelzoo staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
Travelzoo?