US Government's NSF

590 Madison Avenue 37th Floor
New York, NY 10022
Tel: 1-877-665-0000
support@travelzoo.com

People interested in Travelzoo are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

philp19

The customer service team at travelzoo were really helpful and made things right for me. (in 19 reviews)

kimh100

We bought the $40 and got $80 worth of food voucher from Travelzoo. (in 42 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kimh100
8/24/15

We had the most wonderful dining experience at Shari Sushi. We went there for our 35th wedding anniversary and Diem, our waitress, approached us with Happy Anniversary and complimentary champagne. She was a very attentive, delightful, and helpful waitress that gave us wonderful service. We bought the $40 and got $80 worth of food voucher from Travelzoo. It was plenty of food for 2 people. We got 2 appetizers and 4 specialty sushi rolls, The food was delicious and the Strawberry Cone dessert was excellent. My favorite sushi was the surf and turf. We will be going back!

cj145
8/23/15

Be very careful when buying vouchers from TravelZoo Canada (Toronto). I've been burned by two restaurants going out of business, and there aren't a lot of options to choose from when they give you a credit to compensate. And you may only find something at a lesser value. They were not sympathetic about the inconvenience - they would only credit the value of the voucher, and were very slow in responding. Consider other deal sites instead!

jennih1
8/12/15

I recently purchased a deal from Travelzoo. The hotel the deal was for however decided they were not going to honor the deal. I called Travelzoo who said they would look into this and get back to me either with a resolution or issue me a refunded. I was of course assuming it would end up being a refund bt sure enough, the next day they emailed me and had the Director of Sales from the hotel contact me and honor the deal.

That is wonderful customer service! I will definitely recommend Travelzoo to friends!

colek7
8/1/15

Needed to escpate locally for one night to get business project done. TZ advertised LUXURY boutique hotel room normally priced $1019 for $189 as a "last minute" deal I booked after 9 pm for same night stay. Upon arrival, the normal rack rate was less than discounted price. Just went on again today and same room TZ advertizes discounted to $549 .. if you go to hotel site that same room is $182. Intentionally misleading. The hotel was NOT a luxury hotel and no sane person would spend $1000 to stay there.Feel completely duped and will NEVER use their site again.

connieq1
7/20/15

I have used Travelzoo for hotels and restaurants. Each time the experience has been great. The price is discounted but the venues have all been first class!

mickyb2
7/15/15

I just tried to book 3 rooms in the same hotel for my wife, and my two sons. The customer service rep had no information on the hotel. Ok. I understand. Then he said, I have to give him all my information 3 times. I said how is that possible? I'm paying for all 3. He said that's just the way we do it. 25 minutes later I was only up to room #2 and I said what if you don't have a third room? He didn't have an answer.
When we got to room # 3 he said he only has 2 rooms. Now I'm at the 35 minute mark. I couldn't understand have the words he was saying because he mumbled and I had to have him repeat everything. I finally settled for a third smaller room just to get this done. Then he said I have to pay all three rooms in full now. This better work out.
Any company that has the word ZOO in the name is probably a ZOO.

shirleyb43
7/14/15

Purchased a deal for a "Cottage Resort" in the Ottawa Valley, Canada that included a two night stay with dinner. Resort was run-down, had no formal check-in so never met the owners(!) and didn't get any information as to how to order dinner. I'm not sure the criteria Travelzoo uses to accept businesses, but it is obvious that no representative of Travelzoo ever visited this place, otherwise they would not have aligned themselves with it. As a result, I would not use Travelzoo again. Perhaps it was bad luck but I wouldn't take the chance again.

Shirley Brown, Ontario, Canada

shaneh31
7/13/15

I love to look at the deals available on Travelzoo's Top 20. They inspire me to travel the world. I appreciate that there's stuff at every price point, so there are things I can dream about and also places I can manage to travel for a last minute getaway.

mikeb191
7/8/15

I'm really happy to get updates from Travelzoo.com about super discount deals on lodging deals. They cover all of area for a couple of hundred miles in any direction, and so always have an interesting mix of options, from budget to "Once in a lifetime." And there seem to always be companion deals on meals or specials features and experiences in the same area. Super easy to plan a quick weekend or midweek trip to enjoy with my wife.

terranceh5
7/8/15

If you are looking for nice package deals with decent prices, this is the place

jamesh179
7/7/15

We have used travel zoo 5 or 6 times now, and have enjoyed places we probably would have tried until we saw them on Travlezoo, We had the time and a good reason which was price, so we took advantage of there offers. We will continue to check offers. and tell people about the great deals.

deea23
7/7/15

Travelzoo offers outstanding experiences for all to enjoy. Introducing to viewer unique and interesting experiences.

philp19
7/6/15

I bought a deal form a restaurant in Chicago that went south. The customer service team at travelzoo were really helpful and made things right for me.

I would recommend them without hesitation.

Awesome!

maggieh8
6/24/15

The Copacabana is a family run business in Skala,Agistri,Greece.They have rooms with views of the beach and mountains.Their food is the absolute best,it is all homemade with the most amazing desserts,even the sauces for the desserts are home made!see them on Facebook.They are lovely people who make you feel like part of the family and people return again and again.The island is small and unspoiled and most of the restaurants and bars are linked by family.I have been many times and wish I could get there more frequently.The island is reached by ferry from Piraeus harbour,Athens.It has a nightclub but the bars and restaurants provide the evening entertainment.If you want beautiful scenery,fabulous food and the most friendly of greetings,this is for you.The beaches are beautiful,the sunsets are amazing and the food fantastic,what more could you want?

irisa5
6/17/15

I booked through travelzoo massage treatments in Aqua Spa. The discounted vouchers are all scam. The spa charged my card additional $150 on top of the treatments. This is the hidden wording of travelzoo. Be careful just go to directly. DO NOT use this third party. Total SCAM

rayh43
6/17/15

Why on earth is not possible to select destination by geographical region???? I want to go to the Canaries, I DON'T WANT to search every bl**dy town, village and beach on the Islands, that is just stupid!

cordeliaw
6/1/15

I will never revisit this third rate Spa. A total waste of money. I was woken up at 6am by loud noises that continued until I gave up and went to breakfast. My complaint was fobbed off at every stage and much later on when I finally got a response to my emails I received what I can only describe as a work of fiction from an unknown person who assumed the authority to ban me from future visits after evading the legitimate points that I raised. My companion also complained about this and a separate matter and received a similarly disgusting response. Dishonest and profiteering management . Wild horses would not get me to return even if they came saddled with cash as a sweetner.

jeanq1
5/26/15

The deal had no description saying that the hotel reservation is NonModifiable, only when I received the booking confirmation did I realize it was nonrefundable-which was fine, but who knew you can't even change the dates 1 min after you taped the wrong dates?! No where to be find on the website!! I booked a 2 night sheraton hotel deal accidentally on the wrong date and called RIGHT AWAY to cancel/change but was told it was nonrefundable and non modifiable. I didn't even want the money anymore now after a month but I still feel very wronged. when I asked to speak to the manager I was yell at and the indian accent girl was so rude it was incredible. I almost bursted into tears.

They insisted the hotel has the money and when I called the sheraton they said they do not have the money hence can't change the dates.

It was a traumatic experience. I will never use travelzoo again. honestly if I know how and has the money I would sue them. for not clearly state the facts/lie to a customer/rudeness and so much more.

fuckus
5/19/15

I tried to look at a ad for mexico on your site but the stupid pop up saying give me email...you want me to buy I will never sign up for you to destroy my inbox with your bull$#*!

Ask $#*!u about Travelzoo
walterp13
5/18/15

Why would anyone go to a site that has the word "zoo" in it. All it does is reminds me of how we (humans) are treated by the travel industry but especially the airlines. Bad enough that they treat us like animals, but why would I want to be reminded of it.
My other objection is that I've never, never, never found a bargain on "tz" (I don't even want to use the entire word). Where do they get their offers?
With so many other alternatives, how do they survive?

mw43
5/5/15

I bought three vouchers from Travelzoo in January for photobooks. I was unable to use them before they expired as the company they used had a software issue and although they agreed I could send the photos direct I have heard nothing for over 5 weeks. Travelzoo just say it's nothing to do with them!

donaldl23
5/1/15

Ordered $79 of wine and was charged sales tax on $180. They said our policy is to charge tax on the full retail value. Not a ton of money but when I tried to cancel the order they refused. Writing a letter to the secretary of state for their deceptive business practices

bobk50
4/29/15

I looked at an ad I saw online and it was required that I give my address just to see the ad. Since that day, I'm getting about 30 extra junk mails a day. From 3 a day to over 30 a day. They're prostitutes.

janeth35
4/19/15

my son and daughter in law bought my partner a voucher as a Christmas gift for a Gin and tonic afternoon tea for two at The Old Palace hotel in Lincoln near the cathedral and castle. For one reason or another we have only just been able to use this after being told by the venue that their offer had been extended. We arrived a bit earlier than we had booked, and were shown straight to our table. The waitress was very pleasant. The food was tasty, choice of flavours of teas, and choice of flavour with gin and tonic. Surroundings very plush with view through big windows of the city. An enjoyable visit. We decided we will return sometime to stay at the hotel and to be able to have a look around the area. Well done Travel Zoo on choice of hotel.

janeb50
4/8/15

I purchased a Whale watching trip in Monterey..despite the best planning 3.5 hours of driving from bay area we missed our 10 a. m. trip.. Travel Zoo would not refund the monies.. we did not utilize the trip the company got the money the RANDY's Whale Fishing got their cut of money as did Travel Zoo but all I got was a bill for $50.00 Travel Zoo would not refund. THIS COMPANY AND RANDY's FISHING IN MONTEREY SUCK DON NOT USE ZERO STARS

quincyd9
4/3/15

So they promised Cirque du Soleil Love tickets for $60. But to get them you have to 'sign up' with them. Which means they get all your information. After jumping through all the hoops and following their instructions the '$60 tickets' simply do not exist. They were really $114. Looking around at reviews on this company it would seem that the positive reviews were written by a PR company. Get it? Anyway I am now being bombed by their spam.

nickm59
3/20/15

Travelzoo looks like it was built with the same logo and branding managers as GoDaddy. Very' 80's ish and cluttered.

I pass over this site and check all of the other travel resources before coming to Travel Zoo

jessm41
3/11/15

My partner purchased a restaurant voucher as a gift to be booked for our anniversary. Having been very careful to check the terms of use and validity of the voucher to make sure the expiry date was well after our intended booking date. We have gone to book the meal only to find that the restaurant has closed down without any warning. Now I seem to be unable to get any kind of response from Travelzoo using any of the usual communication methods. Their call back service is a farce (they don't call you back), when you hold on the phone you are in an endless queue that repeats there are an unspecified number of callers in front of you, they don't reply to emails, tweets or facebook posts/private messages.
I am extremely frustrated and disappointed with the situation and the service. They appear only too happy to take your money, but offer no after care whatsoever!

Tip for consumers: Just don't bother!

gwens6
2/27/15

I've used this site for years and very satisfied.

craigp24
1/13/15

This was awful. Lost $100 on Wine to Wall Street Journal Wine Travel Zoom Advertised. They won't make it right.

Tip for consumers: Do not use Travel Zoom.

susana59
1/12/15

Bought a voucher for a cruise to Bimini. The cruise was cancelled and I booked another Bimini cruise . I was suppose to receive travel documents from PRIME CARD, the organization handling the booking. Travel documents confirming the cruise, with departure time and cabin, never arrived. Travelzoo said I was confirmed after checking with PRIME CARD but nothing was ever put in writing. PRIME CARD told me to just show up. I skipped the cruise and lost 120.

jennym28
1/9/15

Wasted > £100 on a Christmas present for my neice. Purchased spa vouchers making sure they were valid for weekends as well as week days as we are only able to go on weekends. Also made sure they had a reasonable expiry date - end of March. Just attempted to book the treatments/lunch and venue curtly informs us there is no weekend availability at all before the expiry. So we have 3 useless vouchers that can not be redeemed. Emailed travelzoo - no reply.

Tip for consumers: Avoid

lucyb12
1/6/15

Bought a voucher for my fiance's birthday. It seems if you're organised and buy far in advance you cannot refund the voucher. We turned up to the hotel which was not how I imagined it to be, tried a different room, the meals included were just roasts etc etc not worth the money spent. Spoke to the hotel manager, he was understanding said we could apply for a refund but would have to go through travelzoo. After waiting a week for travelzoo to get back to me I had to call again for them to say they'd email again. Finally said I'd bought the voucher months ago so there was no option for a refund. The whole point of using travelzoo was to save money and in the end I spent double because we had to go to another hotel last minute. Work on your refund policy travelzoo its appalling!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Check out the hotel thoroughly before buying. Make sure you won't need the option to refund :(

margotb1
12/30/14

I could not be more frustrated. Purchased a voucher from travelzoo for a Christmas present, family getaway. The location was not available for a month of weekends , the voucher had an expiry date. Bottom line, lots of vouchers sold for a few cottages for a limited time period. At this point I am out almost $500.00 and have been put on hold for long periods of time as well as had to speak with an abrupt travelzoo rep. In fairness the supervisor I next talked with was pleasant but still no satisfaction. Strong warning watch refund policy and expiry date. Bottom line, I wouldn't buy a travelzoo voucher again.

Tip for consumers: Thank you to SiteJabber for getting my concerns out their. I did reconnect with a Travelzoo rep and the problem has been resolved to my satisfaction. I feel it is only fair to acknowledge the resolution. I would still strongly encourage buyer beware . Margot

fredrics7
12/29/14

My wife and I have used Travelzoo for our vacation in France. It was really an amazing package deal and experience for us. Great hotels and no real problems. Package included car and airfare. Price was great, hotels beautiful, and driving in France a real interesting time. traffic in Paris, and these really cool country roads. We will do it again

miked114
12/16/14

I purchased two vouchers for two, two night stays at The Clevelands House Resort in the Muskokas, Ontario. The TravelZoo site said cancel within seven days for a full refund, after the seven days "the hotel policy prevails". Like a smart shopper I checked the resort's website and it said cancel seven days prior to your reservation date for a full refund. We had to cancel and I contacted The Clevelands House. They agreed that I was entitled to a full refund and I had to contact TravelZoo, which I did. I eventually ended up speaking to Jamie and her boss Lana (real names? I don't think so). They said I wasn't entitled to a refund because it was after their seven days. I told them about the resort's cancellation policy and they basically told me to "get lost". I said I would sue them in small claims court and Lana said "do whatever you want". I contacted the resort again, and they couldn't have been nicer. They emailed TravelZoo on my behalf and got no response. The resort couldn't give me a refund because they had not been paid by TravelZoo.

If you read TravelZoo's fine print it says all disputes have to go to their dispute resolution company. I called them but they had never heard of TravelZoo. SOOOOO I contactacted my credit card company, they investigated and charged back the amounts to TravelZoo. Looks good on you Jamie and Lana and whoever owns TravelZoo.

My advice? NEVER DEAL WITH TRAVELZOO. Go to Groupon or SkyAuction.com We have dealt with them many times and been very satisfied.

It's not worth trying to deal with the donkeys at The Zoo.

alexb90
11/10/14

Nice site, but deals are not always correct. I wish that they woud be better updated.

francescar2
10/28/14

Looks like 95%+ of the reviews are negative. What's going on @ Travelzoo?

michelec11
10/20/14

RIPOFF!! Purchased a voucher (this is the first..and last time I used/will use Travelzoo) that was supposed to be valid for an Oregon wine tasting pass for two. After purchasing the voucher, I was required to redeem the voucher at the vendor's (oregonwinepass.com) website. However, the vendor refused to accept the voucher. Also, I noticed that the vendor indicated that the passes are good through 12/31/14, even though Travelzoo advertised that the pass was good through 12/31/15. I called Travelzoo and was told that it was up to me to call the vendor and work out the problems with the voucher and the inconsistent dates. Of course, there was no answer at the vendor's phone number. Thankfully, Travelzoo honored my request to cancel my purchase since it was within their 7 day cancellation period. This is a very strange business model--purchasing a voucher from a third party and then having to deal with the vendor to get them to honor Travelzoo's voucher. This particular purchase was relatively small, $29 so the risk in dealing with Travelzoo was small. However, many Travelzoo offerings are much more expensive and the risk far greater. Buyer beware--maybe it's better to deal with the vendor directly and forget about Travelzoo and their shoddy business practices.

Tip for consumers: Deal with the vendor directly. It might cost you a bit more, but you eliminate the risk of dealing with Travelzoo.

juliang15
10/7/14

Does not honor 7-day refund policy! Stick to Groupon, LivingSocial and Amazon Local for your local deals. Customer service, together with Hotwire, among the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

carlar6
9/29/14

DO NOT USE THIS SITE! If there was a zero star, it would apply here. I purchased 7 movie vouchers - each good for 2 movie tickets and popcorn. I tried to use the vouchers, went step by step through dealflicks, only to get the message that "not enough tickets are available to use this voucher". The movie was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which has been out for over a month. I went to the theater and bought our tickets at full price and we were the ONLY ones in the theater. When I called Travelzoo, I got the run around, they asked for "additional information" including proof I purchased the vouchers. I sent that to them. Now, 2 days later, they are asking for pictures of the tickets I purchased to the movie. They sold a product that was no good, fraudulent on it's face, yet they refuse to give a refund. I will be be contacting corporate and posting reviews on every social media website. Also, I am a lawyer and will be seeking all remedies available to me at law and in equity.
Carla

Tip for consumers: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

anthony-f
8/28/14

I received a dinner voucher via teavelzoo @ a fine restaurant the Adolphus in Dallas. While enquiring about a certain date within the guidelines of the voucher (No Fri-Sun, No Holidays). I was told that the restaurant couldn't honor the request because the entire establishment was rented for the evening. What do you do when u initially call and it's available then you make air reservations for your special day then u call back and the restaurant says "sorry" someone rented the entire restaurant for the night. Well, that seemed like anspecial exception so I called Travelzoo to NO Concern or Help. At first the manager Crystal wouldn't come to phone after multiple requests?!? Of course we can't refund the $$ or give u at the least a credit. U r outa luck and so sorry for the Airplane tix u bought. I would not recommend travelzoo, Dr T.....

Tip for consumers: Do not use TavelZoo........ If it's too good to be true your probably right.

janeyh
8/23/14

Do not buy from travelzoo. Most of their deals are just scams and not much of any savings, discount or deal. Horrible cosumer service. Always read their fine prints. I bought a "resort" from them. When I checked out of the hotel I was told that I would have to pay taxes because I bought from travelzoo and not directly from the hotel. There was a bunch of other fees as well. It basically comes out to the same as it would, if you buy directly from the vender/hotel, with all the taxes they charge at the end of your stay. Travelzoo costumer service could care less since they already got their money and wont refund. The hotel could care less, and told me to just take it up with travelzoo.

Tip for consumers: Dont buy anything from Travelzoo, and always read the fine print.

jerusac
8/18/14

Tip for consumers: Do not purchase deals from this sight. They run deals until it's almost expired. Customer service is no help when I explained that I had just purchased my deal to learned that it had already expired. Just stated I should have viewed the voucher after purchasing so I could have viewed fine print where the expiration date was noted - then I could have gotten a refund since it would be within 7 days.....sounds like a scam!

stephaniec35
7/25/14

I had a great experience with Customer Service. My name is Stephanie I spoke with Aaron and he was very nice and he put me through to Beverly who was WONDERFUL she helped me make my purchase. I had her on the phone for almost and hour and she was just great and so patience. LOVE LOVE TravelZoo

anner12
6/19/14

Buyer beware! I have had multiple incidents where I did not check the fine print before purchasing vouchers through Travelzoo Local. Two, totaling $50, were lost due to short expiration windows. The third was the worst. The language on the purchase of a Loews Portofino Mandara Spa offer led my mother-in-law and I to believe we would pay $99 for both a massage and a facial. We found out a check-out that we had to pay for one of the services. Between the two of us, this was a $450 mistake (in addition to the $198 we paid for the vouchers.) I contacted Travelzoo Local about this and was offered a $5 voucher for a future purchase. It's our fault for not reading the vouchers properly before purchase. I just want to warn others to read the fine print carefully or you will be sorry.

pauls129
6/14/14

I tried Travelzoo for the first time and was exposed to high pressure sales tactics from their vendor Casablanca Express. The bottom line is Casablanca did not deliver & Travelzoo would not refund. I would never use this site again and others should beware of this site.

gerrya3
6/1/14

You have to be VERY careful when you buy Travelzoo. Do your homework online, NO purchases after midnight or drunksurfing.

Sometimes they are deal, sometimes they are NOT. I recently bought an after midnight ten course tasting menu at iNG (owner hung himself, RIP) a restaurant I had always wanted to go to. I recently realized I had saved $6, 3%, and locked myself into Travelzoo's boilerplate when the restaurant dramatically dropped the A menu to a C, and then closed for remodeling for 3-4 months. Be VERY careful, READ the fine print or you will almost certainly regret it eventually. Check ALL the limitations and exclusions for menu, expiration date, holidays, and then imagine the worst that could happen to you that you might have to fight with Travelzoo about whether it met their boilerplate or not, and reconsider if it's still a deal. And they will try and pay you off in travelzoo credit, not credit card credit.

$#*! happens, and in my experience Groupon is the best at fixing it. We NEVER buy Living Social, WAY too many limitations and fine print, and it took me months correcting my Travelzoo ten course tasting menu mistake, doing a lot of customer service training at Travelzoo along the way. So be really careful or you will wind up spending some online time with many semi-unempowered people at Travelzoo until you finally will hook up with Cortni. Thanks Cortni, you weren't the first but you were the best.

Travelzoo is NOT a member of BBB, has a lousy B- rating and has 49 complaints closed with BBB in the last 3 years | 27 closed in last 12 months...THAT is very bad.
FILE a BBB complaint if you cannot resolve your issue with Travelzoo.
You can do it online or over the phone. NO cost.
BBB WILL try and help you. Good luck.

reneet5
5/14/14

Scam artistry at its finest. Stole $39 from me for a restaurant voucher, to a restaurant that wasn't even open, but was still taking online reservations. If that's not ripping people off for their hard earned money, I don't know what is. Customer service repeatedly told me they would do nothing for me, not even a travelzoo credit?! And why would they do anything, for me or anyone else as it appears? They don't, because then they get to keep all of that stolen money. With such poor ratings, bad reviews on scambook, scamadvisor, complaintsboard, key words "voucher fraud", I wish I would have researched before I purchased. They got me once, never again. Read these reviews before you buy, and think again!!

annc27
4/28/14

After booking 2 hotel rooms through Travelzoo, I upgraded the rooms to have breakfast as well as spa tubs. Upon check in the gal at the desk said it was a continental breakfast. I was very surprised and said that my understanding was a full breakfast. She was willing to accommodate the request if I sent her verification from Travelzoo. We checked in and called customer service. Aaron was almost annoyed speaking with me. Reading the voucher to me, which I already had over and over- I know what it said, it said room with breakfast. I then asked for his supervisor. After being put on and off hold for 28 minutes, Lana said she'd have to bring it up with HER supervisor and would quickly get back to me since we were already in the hotel and needed an answer. That was Friday, today is Monday. I just called customer service and Linda said oh there is $10 promo code for you. I explained the poor customer service as well as it was a $28 upgrade for the full breakfast( as well as the $39 extra dollars per room) and I was offered $10 promocode. I asked for one per room since I purchased both room vouchers. Very sad customer service.
Finding this site "site jabber" I was surprised to see all the bad reviews for Travelzoo. I've used them a long time and thought I would have been more appreciated as a valued customer. Beware of what you are buying before you hit that "buy now" button.

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Travelzoo staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Is Travelzoo a legit company to use for travel? How reliable are the hotels they provide? What kind of references and recommendations are you aware of by customers? Please include dissatisfied as well as happy ones.
5/8/11
Add your answer
Q: I have purchased a ticket to Edmonton from Vancouver for tomorrow. Can I do the on-line check-in?
4/17/15
Answer
travelzooc
A: Hello Judy, as airline tickets are not issued directly by Travelzoo, we recommend contacting the airline to confirm check in policy. If you ever have questions which require immediate assistance please don hesitate to contact our Service Team at 877-655-0000, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 9 PM EST.
4/20/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Travelzoo staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
Travelzoo?