US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

marciab3

The customer service department is not very helpful and they are not interested in maintaining customer relations. (in 37 reviews)

jenniferf56

I also printed my Christmas cards through Picaboo this year. (in 9 reviews)

joanneb38

I have used Picaboo for every photo book I have made. (in 19 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

rosep42
2/17/16

I received an order of 156 prints and 3 8x10s, yesterday. While I waited for my order, I was interested in tracking it. However, this is the second order that I was unable to track, even when I looked at my order history.

When I received my order, I was grateful that my husband stopped our mailcarrier from bending the Picaboo envelope and pushing it in our mailbox, especially when I found that the envelope holding my order was a thin white envelope (not cardboard like other companies) and that there was only a handcut piece of cardboard, which had gotten slightly bent, itself, inside this envelope, to protect, in a minimal way, the 3 8x10s from bending. These large photos were not covered in any way or even protected from the smaller white envelope, placed on top, (which was wrinkled) holding the smaller photos. The thing that most surprised me was that the smaller photos had been trimmed. Although trimmed to the proper size, the trimmings, which were uneven sizes and lenghts, were left with the order, and were even mingled between photos. This is very unprofessional. I would have done a better job, myself, with packaging and presentation, and I'm not the owner of a large photo processing company. I will not be using Picaboo again.

kathryns26
1/18/16

Shutterfly has the worst customer service I've experienced in a long time. I ordered photo calendars for relatives last December, specified that they should begin with January, and somehow they thought that meant I wanted 2015 calendars at the end of 2015. Their website should not be set up to allow for such a stupid default. It is sloppy, and worse, they blamed me for the mistake and refused to replace the calendars. They have lost my custom forever.

michaeln69
1/13/16

We tried to use software to put together photobooks. Not only was it cumbersome to use, there was no way to sort pictures or an autofill feature (after the initial option). Stay away from Picaboo

jenniferf56
12/30/15

I made photo books for my mom and siblings for Christmas and they were a HIT! The printing was very crisp and vivid -- and the web application was easy to use. I love the redesign of the app! I also printed my Christmas cards through Picaboo this year. There were tons of great designs to choose from.

summerh9
12/21/15

Ordered my Christmas cards on 12/6 with expediting shipping preference (which I paid for). They were scheduled to be delivered between 12/11 & 12/16. On the 16th I called because they never arrived and my shipping tracking information was never updated. They agreed to reprint, expedite the processing and send next day air. It is 12/21 and I still have not receive them. My Christmas cards will now officially not make it out in time for Christmas even though I originally placed my order on the 6th. No offer to refund or credit me anything and believe me, I asked. I am shouting it from the virtual rooftops! Do not use Picaboo for your printing needs. I get that mistakes happen, but companies need to provide a better customer experience when they do. Never again, Picaboo!

tehsingn
12/20/15

i designed my Xmas cards and had a difficult time ordering the card. Customer service was very helpful but it took awhile. Because of the difficulty in submitting my order I checked it carefully to no avail it seems. Received my card where picture orientation was incorrect and I received someone else's envelopes with addresses on it.

nicolep50
12/13/15

They have horrible customer service and wouldn't let me edit my order 45 minutes after placing it! Ridiculous shipping fees as well!

joanneb38
12/7/15

I have used Picaboo for every photo book I have made. I travelled extensively for a year, and created books for all of my trips. I did read the reviews about the images appearing dark in the final product, so I lightened the pictures before printing to avoid that problem. The lay flat books are expensive, but I love the one that I made. I love their unlimited pages deals, as I have created a couple of these for my more extensive trips. As for the shipping costs and product arrival dates that people have complained about, if you look on the website, the costs and dates of product arrival are clearly indicated, so even though it might stink to pay for those costs (which aren't unreasonable), you can order or not with full information. Picaboo is easy to use, the options for page layout are as simple or as complicated as you wish for them to be, and the uploading of images takes a reasonable length of time (never hours!). My feeling is that the angry, dissatisfied customers have been enraged enough to write reviews, but happy customers that will continue to order fabulous Picaboo products have just neglected to post their stories of satisfaction.

mikel218
11/28/15

these guys are the kings of coupon discount scams! they offer great value coupons until you place an order and find out that you'll pay shipping, shipping surcharges in some cases and only one coupon per order--at the end you pay more than most other sites. what good is a free shipping coupon or offer if they won't let you combine it with another voucher you bought? Be careful in buying their coupons!

kas372
11/7/15

Horrible experience. Bought groupon (which does not accurately reflect the fact that the value in parenthesis is the discounted amount not the value of the photo book), so what I thought was a good deal really wasn't. Next I went online to make the book only to have problems. I tried over and over to upload images and when I reached out to the chat line they stated I needed to use a different browser. Used different browser which helped the time frame of uploading but when I went to save my project it kept saying it couldn't save because my internet was down. I wasn't having any problems with my internet and tried for over an hour to keep trying to save. I wouldn't have tried that long but I already put hours into making the book and wasn't going to waste even more time trying to re-create again. Plus I had the groupon I needed to use. Ended up opening up another tab on browser only to find out that it actually saved....ugh!!! Then to find out that I still had to pay $35.00. Needless to say, I should have looked up reviews and I'll never use Picaboo again. Wasn't worth my time nor money. Now let's just hope the book actually turns out nice.

bethp26
11/5/15

I purchased a voucher to use on my Christmas cards. I've been trying to construct the card for the last two hours, and I can't get anything to load. Picaboo is the most user-unfriendly site I have ever experienced. So disappointed...in 2010, my photographer made us a family photo book which is absolutely gorgeous. Now, with what is happening, I may just forfeit my voucher and go with another site. Angry, frustrated, defeated. I will not be back to Picaboo.

amyh79
10/16/15

I have used Picaboo in the past and not had any issues, but when I recently tried to place a large print order everything kept crashing. When I called they said my project was too big, break it up. I did. Still crashed. Called again 45 minutes later after telling me to connect to a landline - super inconvenient, even though we tested my internet speed and they decided it was more than adequate. If I didn't have vouchers that I needed to use I would've already gone elsewhere. I requested to talk to a manager... more than one person told me, "The managers don't talk to customers." Are you kidding me? Apparently they are too busy to talk to customers but will email me. This is an ongoing problem. I've spent hours working on adjusting my prints and none of my work will save and I can't even get into my cart. Customer service can't either. I asked for a refund on my vouchers and was simply told, they are past the 30 days that they will refund them. So what am I to do? SO DISAPPOINTED! This is absolutely ridiculous!

st10171
9/14/15

I used this company for the first time about 3 years ago. Recently I decided to start printing my photos again in book format and used them again. I didn't have the same results as most of these reviews.
The quality of the book the first time around was exact to my screen. The second time around I decided to use the layflat paper. This options resulted in fantastic results. It was a book of sunsets for my mother. She was pleased as I also was over the color rendition. I printed a b/w photo book with images that range from contrasty or deep dark tones and yet the details within still held up. I had two issues with the book - I could slightly see the image of the back side of the page. If I went layflat, this wouldn't have been an issue. However with the layout of the book it would have been unnecessary for the extra expense and other book companies have to same paper weight for paperstock. My second issue was the book came in bent. I called the customer service. My response was very different then what is posted here. They told me to take a photo of the book and send it to them for their records. They had no problem replacing it. In fact, minutes later after sending the images I wanted to check the status of another book I had in production and notice that the bent on was already reordered by them. They overnighted the book once it was printed.
The last book I made in color came in last week. The print quality was good. Things were the same as usual. Nothing out of the ordinary. Colors were very close to accurate. A slight drop in vividness but essentially the same as the computer.
After reading some of these reviews I can't help but wonder if some take into account that user errors isn't a fault of a company. I'm not trying to bash anyone because these are things I have and could easily do too. But having spend money I make sure to double check things.
Like for example the yellow crop lines that say that they image 'may' be cropped is a rough estimate. So yes, the image past that point may show up. If you stop the image right at the line, you run the risk of the white of the paper showing up. Or leaving blank pages. I've done it but caught in when I looked through what I was getting printed. After all that effort why not take 5 more minutes? Again these are mistakes I've caught myself making too. These were my thoughts with some of what I was reading.
Anyways, overall I'm happy with what I'm receiving. I have 4 more books to print so hopefully all stays this way. I've never tried another company as I've had no need to this point.

dianeb54
9/14/15

last year, I got sucked into a bogus scheme with a price reduction on yearbooks that you refused to honor. The books were late for reunion. Worse they were shipped from Canada and went thr customs for the full amt, not the discounted amount. We had Visa correct the flaw and got near the promised price. Lo and behold, over a year later, I get a State tax on a $3000. " import." The cost was $1200. And it was not a business import. I paid the $200 to be rid of you once and for all. You have fraudulent business practices, and an irresponsible service Department. do not do business with this company. Ok for 1 book perhaps but NEVER order multiples!!!!! Terrible.

patriciae10
8/21/15

This has to be one of the most user un-friendly sites on the internet. The Amazonlocal vouchers are rejected, customer "service" is a joke and you will lose hours of your life trying to put your photo book together and check out. A nightmare! I've been burned 3 times now so I will probably remember to stay away from them. Use Photobin or Adorama or Costco--anything but this miserable company.

herbf1
6/17/15

I just received books that I ordered only a week ago and they are beautiful!!!
Just wanted everyone to know that though there are many complaints from
people out there..... I had a great experience and can't wait to hand my books out to family and friends!!!

HCF

sergeym11
6/1/15

I ordered a custom photo-book from Picaboo. It arrived today.
The print quality is terrible. It looks like someone did a draft print-out and sold it instead of the quality product.
Every page in photobook product contains clearly visible grid-like pattern.
This is terrible even compared to results of one-hour photo service prints.
It looks like a bad Chinese quality, but for an exorbitant price.

Costco has less scrapbooking options, but their print quality is very good compared to that scrap.

I am completely dissatisfied with their product. It isn't worth even the shipping costs.
Their customer phone support service is also horrible and rude.

Tip for consumers: run away!

jennifert47
4/1/15

For a $35 coupon for $100, you end up paying $20 (Tax and shipping). It will end up costing $55 for the book. Expensive, not worth it. I give them 5 star when they offer free shipping at the beginning.

darab13
12/31/14

I have used Picaboo for several years to produce calendars for my parents and my in-laws for Christmas. Additionally, I had produced a photobook of our wedding. I have been happy with all these purchases.

I was worried this Christmas (2014), as I saw many negative reviews about the quality decreasing over past years. The calendars that arrived were wonderful, as always. Very happy with the continued quality. In fact, my mother commented on a couple of the images that were old slides we've had converted...that they looked better and brighter than they ever have printed anywhere else. As well, I ordered the calendars on the last day that they guaranteed Christmas delivery and was pleasantly surprised that they arrived with at least a week to spare.

I can't really comment on customer service as I haven't had to deal with any unfortunate issues.

Something new I did learn this year. though.... if you have a Groupon/deal/etc and the expiry date passes, you do still have the purchase amount as credit, but you can't combine it with any other discount offers that might be happening. It seems you must use it for regular priced product. I'm not necessarily thrilled with that, but a)it's my own fault that I couldn't finish a project in the 6 months before expiry and b) there's enough special offers and sales out there that next time, I'll finish a project first and then wait for the deal to print it with. It seems to be an issue with the fact that that you can only use 1 code per order, so after you use your gift certificate code, you can't put in the code for the deal/sale pricing

aliciap7
12/23/14

Absolutely terrible costumer service!! I bought photo albums of my wedding for my family and my in-laws. They were not shipped in time to meet the deadline the company claimed they would meet (that the packages would arrive before the holiday season). One of the package's shipping got completely screwed up, Picaboo would not acknowledge the situation at all. The costumer service representative was rude and so unhelpful (I was being very kind and patient despite being very frustrated but she was still very rude). If I could put less than a star I would - DO NOT use this site for any cherished projects - I will most certainly not be using them again.

sarab28
12/7/14

Save your money and go elsewhere! We used a high-resolution image taken by a professional photographer, and it came out looking dark, so much that if we didn't need to send the photo cards out I would pay money to get them done elsewhere. In addition to the photo being very dark, the card itself was not aligned before it was cut, and part of a letter from the heading of the card on the left is cut off while on the right a small strip of white paper appears. Unacceptable! The actual process of designing the cards was annoying--every time you clicked on something, an image of a wood board would process before your eyes until the next screen was ready. Then, lots of unnecessary steps (to align the side of the card, which should just be a template), yet not enough flexibility in centering the actual picture. Horrible, horrible product and experience!

custor
11/21/14

Very poor quality printing. Horrible quality by pro standards, unacceptable quality by amateur standards. Customer service tried to blame my monitor (It's profiled) my cameras (Nikon 5100) and my photos. The color and brightness of the book did not match at all the photos on my profiled IMac, not even close. My pics look fine on many computers, but look like total crap on my Picaboo photo-book. Using this company is like burning money.

stevek48
11/1/14

Found this site while looking to see if anyone had written a review of the canvas prints they offer, but was surprised to see all the negative reviews here on their photo books.

I have made 3 different photo books, one for my wedding, honeymoon, and my son's first year. For the last one I even splurged for a Madison book (their really expensive option).

We have been really happy with the quality of the books.
I enjoyed the software here over some of the other sites that I gave up on. It is frustrating how long it takes photos to upload, but once they are loaded there are a lot of options that I didn't find on other sites.

I did not require much help customer service wise until my most recent order. A single photo was in two places on the same page instead of what I had thought it should have been based upon my layout. The company replaced my book for free

elizabethl29
10/20/14

I had the same problem as a previous reviewer. My photobook looked fine on three different computer monitors. Two PCs and one Apple macbook. When it arrived the pictures were darker and one picture that was taken in bright sunshine was very dark. I called customer service and sure enough they told me that my computer monitor settings were bright and because of the backlight all pictures appeared brighter than they would in print.

My brightness on 3 different computers was set to middle brightness. I took a picture of the book and they said yes it did print dark, but that's because the photo itself is dark. I told them it was not dark on the display of my DSLR and it was not dark on my computer. Yet they continued to tell me it was my fault. They told me to make the picture brighter on my computer and resubmit the book for a new order. However, I would have to pay shipping and taxes amounting to around $20! I told them I shouldn't have to pay for their error. And why should I need to brighten a picture that is fine.

I have had no problems with Shutterfly or My Publisher. It can't be a coincidence that other people have this problem. And also customer service was terrible. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told he wasn't there, but would call me back within 72 hours. I never received a phone call.

dl46
10/16/14

I am trying not to let my emotions enter into this review, but I am thoroughly disappointed in Picaboo's customer service. They state Guaranteed Satisfaction. I was not satisfied. The book I ordered was a child's book I created. It looked great and vivid online. The book that arrived was too dark to read the text! So, having ordered many times in the past, I had confidence they would make good. They told me to re-order - not exchange, I had to actually re-order and they would RE-BILL and then reimburse (hopefully!). This is an unprofessional way to make good on a replacement, but I went ahead because I needed the book. Picaboo told me it was my fault - my monitor display is showing to bright. Really? They told me to adjust my monitor to reflect the darkness in my book. But the part that was dark was their colored background - and there is no way to adjust the brightness on it. So, instead, just to complete the project, I chose brighter and lighter colored backgrounds and darker text. But I told them that Picaboo also made errors by putting a picture on the edge of the page, when it was clearly within the print boundaries online. So, I re-ordered the book (not happy to have to do it within 7 days. These books take a while to create!). So I quickly corrected everything manually, and quickly went into the order stage. Since everything seemed to be set up the same as before when I ordered the first time, I just proceeded. They told me not to use any coupons, so I didn't.

I told Customer Serivce that I don't feel that I should pay shipping and taxes - which they are charging me for the 2nd time around. Since Picaboo made an error, they should pay. The customer service agent totally ignored this part of my email. Shipping and handling the 2nd time was somehow more expensive: $10.99 shipping and $10 for tax. That's an extra $21 I have to pay that helps to negate my original discount (through Amazon).

So when I saw the shipping and tax costs, I emailed again and stated that this issue has not been addressed. The agent told me that I was "told to order the exact same size and cost as the first time". He said that even though I ordered wrong, he was crediting me for the full book cost. I looked more carefully at my order and sure enough, even though I had already ordered the book once, their system re-defaulted to the larger, more expensive 11x14 book.

I told the agent that I apologize and it IS the wrong size but your system defaults to the more expensive size and I was rushed. Now, WHY DIDN'T HE JUST TELL ME THE BOOK WAS THE WRONG SIZE???? THAT would be customer service.

So I emailed one last time and stated: If the book is already in production, I guess I lose.
He replied, "The book is already in production. Sorry."

This is NOT customer service. Nor is it the quality of product I received. I had been used to perfection in the past. I will no longer be buying from Picaboo. When I originally told them I don't want to pay shipping and tax, I said IF you feel I must pay, then please ship the book MEDIA MAIL!!! It only costs about $3 or $4!!!!!!! (That was when they ignored that part of my email until it was too late and the book was "in production".) There is no reason to charge so much to ship. That part is a definite ripoff!

Goodbye Picaboo. I will be shopping around now.

Tip for consumers: If I could give less than 1 star, I would! They have declined over the years. Too much can go wrong and cost you more in the end. It's no "deal" that way.

kirkj4
9/20/14

I wish I read these review before I purchased from Picabo. Their customer service is horrible. They over promise and under deliver. My three books were misdirected in the mail and three phone calls, one chat session, and 5 weeks later, I still don't have my books.

Can not recommend this company.

Tip for consumers: Don't fall for their Groupon and Living Social deals. Even with the discounts, you end up paying as much as you would with other companies. It's all a marketing ploy, no real discounts being made.

carmenw12
9/20/14

This is a horrible website that I would even venture to say is ripping people off! I bought a $25 groupon for a photobook. When i went on their site they add advertisement for discounts books already. I order a 8x11 book that turned out to be $120! with my groupon I still ended up paying over $60! When it arrived it was the wrong size and the pictures were dark. Now I'm trying to reach someone and there is no customer service number. Stay away! Bad bad site.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this website. Get an Apple book instead. It's cheaper and looks better.

juliek20
8/31/14

Customer service IS horrible. I had a hard time ordering a book and they never assisted me over the telephone. I called twice and both times they kept telling me that the websites were picky, sometimes they would let you order and sometimes they did not. Finally the site told me that the book I was trying to order was no longer available and deleted HOURS & HOURS of work. I will never use them again!!!!!!!!!!!
havicanjulie@yahoo.com

Tip for consumers: Find another site, there are plenty.

pingl4
7/10/14

Really bad customer service; Definitelty 0 star. The quanlity of the yearbook is acceptable much less than I hope. Our school PTA paid the order to the company as a group; Through the website for the order of our school, I booked the yearbook with personal pages. But the company charged me again by mistake. I called the customer service and explained since our school has already paid, they should not charge me again. They said will email back. The second day they email me and ask me to contact the school to refund me the money. I have to contacted the school PTA but PTA paid Picaboo already. Our PTA person called them several times and left a message but never got her back. So I called Picaboo customer service again, hold phone for 40 minutes for them to track the order. They got both of my order and the school order; but said they had to speak to the school PTA for the order. So I gave them our PTA person's phone number and did not hear anything from them again. I called PTA and she said she got the message and called them but nobody answered and she left them a message again but nobody called her back. So I called the company third time. The person did not help a little and told me no matter what I only can get money back from the school. But the school paid them alreaday and how I can get Money back from our school! This is the worst company and customer service I have ever met. DO NOT order from this sompany, it is not worth your money and time.

jamesf70
6/30/14

Ordered two 11 x 9 photo albums with 64 pages. Overall the quality is pretty good. One has to remember that these albums are a good buy for the price. These are not coffee table books that would cost a small fortune to produce. I had a small hiccup with the cover and was able to resolve the issue by emailing customer care. Will use in the future.

denor
6/17/14

Their customer service department is inept at best. My book is lost. I had to beg and yell through two phone calls and 4+ chat sessions. And I'm still arguing with them. I have paid for the book. I will probably never get it and not get a refund. Good Luck.

johannaj1
5/22/14

I wish I could give Picaboo zero stars. I've used them for years. I have probably 10 books printed by them. Yes the software was cumbersome, constantly crashing and took forever to upload photos, but it allowed me to use many backgrounds which the (former) scrapbooker in me enjoyed. Fast forward to 2012-2014 era. I'm not sure if they have different management, ownership or printing machines, but the quality of the products and the customer service has gone down the hill. I have DSLR, and my photos print fantastic on Shutterfly or even at local Walgreens - but in the books made on Picaboo, they are either too dark, too washed out or pixalated. I could do a better job printing on my home computer. I ordered one book each year - 2012, 2013 and 2014 (year in review books of family good times). They are all 100 pages long. I tend to spend months putting them together and printing multiple copies. The printing quality has been deteriorating. In 2012, they told me to take photos of the books and email them. They promptly printed and mailed the new ones. In 2013 they jerked me around for days, but eventually shipped the replacements (they did the "photo corrections" on their end). In 2014, they didn't reply to my emails for weeks, then asked that I take photos of books, then stopped replying to emails...Few weeks later they suggested that I buy all new books ($400 value), they will print them for me, and then they would reimburse me those $400 when the books arrive). What???? Imagine if I bought a broken bike at the store and instead of just making even exchange, they made me purchase a bike again,t then reimburse me? Who does this? Who has $400 extra dollars just sitting in their account to let Picaboo use it for a few weeks? What? I hope they go out of business. I certainly hope. I threw the books away and am done with them. It's not even worth it to me to jump trough their hoops, return the books, and instead of getting the money back, have to pay another $400 for them to produce and ship more books that they will then reimburse me for. None of this makes sense. Go away Picaboo. Your groupons, coupons, living social deals, amazon deals will not hep you! You are doomed.

lesn
5/20/14

I have been loyal Picaboo user for several years, but I will no longer recommend them. The last two projects just dreadful. I purchased their best product, full hard cover & layflat pages. The layflats imply don't print well. All photos fuzzy. And the hard covers shown as you work are not accurate. "Stuff" that's clearly in the nonprintable area is printed & ruin the covers. Their customer service people are just dreadful. When they tell you that a manager will call that's the kissoff. Too bad, their site is easy to use and provides some variety that othr sites do not.

linaa3
4/29/14

My husband had bought their $30 deal on groupon for me as a gift that covers $100. I went on to make my wedding album and had it mailed to me. I received the book with 42 blank pages that I later found out I had been charged for (in addition with the Groupon). I did not WANT the blank pages to begin with, I wasn't aware that when I was paying for them while I was checking out. On previous sites that I have used, I was typically only charged for the pages that I DID add and actually used. If you ask me, it was the perfect way on their part to make money off of people without them knowing it. I think some sort of a notification telling me "Hey you have blank pages, did you want to leave them blank or remove them?" would have been FANTASTIC on their part. Or an email of any sort, I never even got a shipment email. Talk about just half assed work. The book would've been great otherwise, now I am stuck with a wedding album that is halfway blank, that I paid way more than I should have on... I feel so scammed.

laurief7
4/22/14

I have ordered 12 photo books from picaboo after my daughter's wedding. I customized the books on the cover and the actual photos depending on the recipient. 2 of the books were switched (inside of one book with the cover of another, and one book had a photo that only downloaded 1/3 of the photo). I have spent probably 6-8 hours on the phone and "live chat" with them trying to remedy their mistake... obviously it has been difficult. I offered to return the books, and they said it would take 6 weeks for them to even review/decide! If the books are done correctly, the cover and quality are nice... I just wouldn't take the chance again, and will probably have to "eat" the cost of these and make them with another company.

kristik3
4/9/14

They were offering vouchers for $80 credit for $25. I purchased 3 of them, only to find out that they were charging exorbitant amounts for shipping that made the voucher not worth it AT ALL. I requested a refund for my $75, which took forever to process through customer online chat, and then six weeks later it still hasn't been issues. I'm back in communication with customer care and I've disputed the charge with my credit card company. All in all I've probably wasted 3 hours on this terrible company and will NEVER use them or recommend them to anyone.

aliceh39
4/2/14

I ordered a photo panel (8x10) from Picaboo. Received with the head of one of the subjects chopped off. Complained, was told it was a problem with their site which does not properly allow to judge borders and to reorder, and pay to be reimbursed. I ordered a second time, allowing for the "invisible" border. I received a damaged photo panel 2 weeks later. I complained two weeks ago. I have not heard back from their "customer service". I would not recommend Picaboo to anyone! I have thrown away both money and time and still don't have the product. This company deserves a zero rating.

erict28
3/29/14

Okay- I meant to do this a while ago. But I forgot and I promised I would. Picaboo was great to me. I decided that I wanted to make a photo book in order to propose to my now fiancé last August and I put in the order too late. I called Picaboo and they promised they would do anything they could to make sure that the book arrived on time for my proposal date. The book was rushed and arrived early! My soon to be wife loves the book and has it prominently displayed. The binding is great, the photos came out very well and the website was very easy to use! I realize upon looking here that there are a lot of negative reviews. But that was not at all my experience. If anyone from Picaboo is reading this... Thank you! You really helped me make an excellent memory that can be passed down :)

candiced2
2/5/14

Listento the warnings and do NOT order from Picaboo. They are horrible! The technology is clunky and it took days for me to complete a simple photo book. I would've stopped halfway through but I was already livid at the amount of time I had invested. I purchased a living social deal that gave me $50 for $15 and their product isn't even worth that much. Horrible, horrible, horrible!

marciab3
1/27/14

I purchased a book from Picaboo via an Amazon voucher. The ordering process is tedious and time consuming, and unfortunately voucher orders default to an automatic upgrade. Customers need to be alerted to such upgrades or given the option to upgrade. The customer service department is not very helpful and they are not interested in maintaining customer relations.
Very unfortunate indeed.

bruisefairyo
1/22/14

I have been an used Picaboo to produce 7+ books. I've had one problem with a book before it was fixed with no questions asked. Well, there was a problem with a previous uploaded book being printed instead of the one that I had uploaded. They claimed it was my fault and refuse to fix the problem! I WILL NEVER USE PICABOO AGAIN!

kathyc27
1/22/14

Bought cards through Groupon so wanted to use for Christmas cards. Once I paid for it- I was all in :( First- it would not save any of my projects correctly. After literally hours working on what should have taken a fraction of the time, I ordered what I assumed were the cards I had decided upon. Like other customers, it took way longer to get the cards- only to find they were my first draft!! They were cropped horribly, and looked so cheap. I corresponded with Picaboo through their Live Chat. I was asked to send a photo of the cards I received. I did so (their instructions were difficult at best to understand) and Picaboo agreed to refund my money- once I mailed the cards back.
Sure they refunded my money- but not for P&H to send the WRONG cards back. I ended up going to Walgreen's- cards were ready in an hour and looked amazing!
Groupon was wonderful as well- they could not apologize enough and sent me a full refund- no questions asked.

minan1
1/19/14

I have been using Picaboo for months and can only say great things about them. Customer service top notch!!! I had expired groupons and they still helped me out and extended them and even after the extended time was over they honored what they promised. The quality of the books are great. I have recommended them to all friends and family. Just a wonderful company with great customer service. They truly stand by their word and are very prompt at taking care of your needs. I would give them a 10 out of 5 if that that was an option. :)

jennib3
1/10/14

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! I had guaranteed delivery by 12/24 and did not receive my package. I think contacted them and requested a new package and they sent it to the wrong address. I contacted them for the third time and they refused to refund my money! I would never order from this site again.

mays24
1/9/14

I made a 140 pg photo book, spent 6 months putting it together with clunky software. I bought two identical books printed and paid $160 (with buy one get one free coupon) Yet the quality was so bad! Photos were dark and colors muted. Printing did no justice to my amazing photos and hours of scrapbooking. I was heart broken. 4 emails of complaint latter, they sent me an email asking me to brighten all the photos, purchase two books again but without coupon this time, pay for shipping and tax, and they would reimburse me for books (but not tax and shipping). Really? How presumptious to think I just have $320+ extra bucks laying around and want to tie my money in their administrative reimbursement mess. This is the second time my Picaboo book failed expectations. Never again. Not worth it, even if the books were free. I'd rather pay full price and get good quality printing.

alanb47
1/7/14

I ordered holiday cards from this company for Thursday delivery. I talked to someone on Thursday and they stated Friday. I talked to someone on Friday and they said Saturday. They arrived late in the day on Monday. They state quick production times to get your business knowing they can not meet those time frames and then lie to you about it.

Don't take my word for it. Check the Better Business Bureau. The BBB gives Picaboo an F!

lisat40
1/7/14

I ordered a photo book of pictures from my daughters wedding. The book was very time consuming and took several days to complete. The website was fairly easy to navigate. I ordered the book on Monday after Thanksgiving and used their promotional code to buy one get two free. The book arrived as scheduled. One book only. The book I did receive has the wedding date chopped off at the bottom. There is a photo page included by picaboo of the cover which shows the date placement correct. They sent another one but it's the same mistake. This company has terrible customer service and when I posted the book on their Facebook page it was promptly removed by picaboo. This is not a professional company. I would not use them again and would not recommend them.

stephw4
1/6/14

I read a lot of reviews and worried a little when I decided to use them to build my photobook - but I wanted access to all the "shared" materials for my Disney book. The tool to build the books is online now and I found it easy to use. You could select to hide pictures you've already used or it automatically put a checkmark on pictures you'd used. It let me know when my pictures were too low resolution and it was easy to upload a large number of photos.
The book shipped within days of ordering - NYE was during the wait period. The book was delivered within 3 days and was well packaged.
I have no complaints about the quality of the product. I had some pictures that were grainy and fuzzy - which was my fault for using a phone instead of a camera. I would order from them again - and the buy one get one free was a good deal.

mariaj17
12/27/13

Just horrible customer service with no accountability to their customer. Trust the other comments and just pick another company. With a gift this personalized, it is worth it to pick someone with better customer support. December 27 and still without Christmas presents or responses from my multiple emails to them. Just a sad company. Stay away.

heathera8
12/26/13

Very bad experience with Christmas cards. They did not arrive when promised & the company would not refund my money. They are now projected to arrive on January 6th when they were promised by the 23rd at the latest. Do not use this company! Customer service is terrible. The representative argued with me & would not offer any apologies for the delay. I will never order from this company again!

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Picaboo staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question