Zoopla

Zoopla has a consumer rating of 1.28 stars from 29 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Zoopla also ranks 88th among Apartment Rental sites.

No positive highlights yet

• A few months ago our house had a Zoopla estimate concurred with our own evaluation.
How would you rate Zoopla?

“Wrong Valuation, no way to update it”

Sandra S.
6/13/20

Zoopla have valued our house, a five bedroom detached house with three receptions and three bathrooms in Bexley for £424,000. It is in a road of detached houses ranging from £675,000 to £1,000,000. There are two ex police house semi's up the end of the road valued at £523,000 which are rented out and really tatty. On the strength of this ridiculous valuation we have been receiving offers of £200,000 less than the asking price. Thanks a lot Zoopla. Every other house in the road is quite accurate. Useless

house (9)
sandras1133
June 13th, 2020
annn88
January 21st, 2020
Approximate valuation on this company's site have went haywire
What was valued at one price in November has now fallen through the floor due to errors in their system
The worrying thing is banks & other lenders use this company as a guideline
clivec9
April 19th, 2016
Why do they appear incompetent? The above change is not a market correction. I have recorded previous estimates. Estimates given 3 years ago have changed.
I keep haranguing myself why I should waste my energy on this.

After persistence I have managed to close the gap to £50K. So maybe two stars now!
allanh87
March 16th, 2020
An algorithm or AVM will only spew out what it is fed with, in Zoopla's case - input wrong data and you get wrong results which inevitably is shown in their current valuations and estimates of properties, feed in garbage you get garbage.
allanh82
December 21st, 2019
Zoopla's credibility is well and truly cooked! Any homeowners out there who have had a coronary after seeing how this company has recently estimated/valued their home - take a look on the Trustpilot site and see for yourself the damage this company is inflicting on ordinary people -GET INVOLVED
philg16
April 15th, 2015
A few months ago our house had a Zoopla estimate concurred with our own evaluation. Then, just a month before we put our house on the market, another house in our road was sold and the details somehow got "muddled" with ours, such that a photo of the other house was appearing on our listing. I wrote to Zoopla explaining the problem and to their credit they quickly "disentangled" the two properties. However, in the process our Zoopla estimate fell by £6K. I have since repeatedly tried to get the original estimate restored but all in vain. They stubbornly refuse to look into the matter; all they do is send me a standardised response pointing me to their "refine estimate" facility which I have repeatedly tried but the lower Zoopla estimate has not budged an iota. In the course of this I have discovered that Joe public cannot phone Zoopla. Estate agents have a telephone line they can use, but not us, the general public. I think it is extremely arrogant of Zoopla (and other companies like them) who earn a living out of our property details not to deign to talk to us. Who do these people think they are?
drs341
December 16th, 2019
I have had two properties valued recently and Zoopla have independently undervalued each of them by 20%. Butting their noses in when nobody has asked them. I have rejected a ridiculous offer by someone claiming to know' what my house is really worth because of their links to Zoopla.
janer183
July 11th, 2019
A house I recently sold has apparently lost £15,000 in value in six months, despite it being identical to another property in the same street which they value at £120,000 more than that one, despite their conservatory being much smaller...! How ridiculous.
bridgetm10
March 9th, 2019
House looked nothing like the pictures. Every room had something wrong with it. Was left waiting til the estate agent decided to show up. Wasted money on two taxis there and back... waste of my day!

Wouldn't recommend and won't be using again
teresab11
October 22nd, 2013
Zoopla property valuation is a bit of a joke they dont come around and value your property they only go of previously sold prices and as property goes up 2% down 3% for example its a very rough guide for if you have had an extention or new garage kitchen so on zoopla wont take this into account unless you tell them also if for example you got a bargain and brought your home for less than market value this also is not taken into account when they come up with there figures
daniele159
January 22nd, 2019
Zoopla refused to remove my personal information from their website.
I asked them very nicely.
It seems like their team want to make it hard for people
letitias2
March 20th, 2016
I made a big mistake filled in their form now my home is about £80,000 less than its value according to them. I have asked them to take the information off completely as it's misleading people looking to buy in this area. They refuse to remove or update the value such ignorance probably a law against it such as false information or something. Don't ever trust these people your in for a shock if you do.
tinab8
June 29th, 2013
Very misleading and unhelpful site. It should be removed as it does not offer a realistic guide to evaluation. After repeated to'in g and fro'ing by email to inform them of this, and despite their assertions that you can 'revise' their estimations, the system cannot offer a realistic estimation regarding individual properties in the same road, sold in different years. The website should be blown open for it's startling inaccuracies.
timh68
July 18th, 2016
Do not Rent, Buy with William h brown in Dewsbury or Wakefield and sequences in Liverpool customer service is poor all for the landlord's not the Tennant's. Had to live in a damp detached bungalow for 3 year every thing was done on the cheap cheap repairs and caused both of us bad asthma and problems to our lungs, blamed us for condensation and damp even though bungalow was built on a mill plan. Sleep with Windows open in freezing temperature's every night. Took 2 years to put a new window in lounge as was a solid glass frame no opening. Rowan Moore in Liverpool sequences had a stinking attitude when we needed Repair's doing oh i will get bk to u and never did useless. No calling bk we had to do all ringing round for them. I would not recommend going with them all for the money not supporting the customer and there needs even charge tenants renewal price of £120 Not like Robert Watts they are much better than William h brown
lees86
July 6th, 2015
This shower valued my ex council 3 bed semi 3% more than I purchased for from the council,
I have asked them to find me 2 similar properties for their valuation and I can then sell mine, buy their 2 and still have money over to go on a very nice cruise. Oh happy days- hurry up zoopla please.
All joking aside they are idiots. A friend of mine is an agent and he said a lot of agents in Bournemouth have ended their subscription to the zoopla service as it has done more harm than good.
lindab107
January 30th, 2015
Omg don't believe it I had a reply following their total incompetence regarding my original complaint, obviously only because it was public. They said they would look into it, I had managed to feed my information in again and at least they had upped it by £4000, still £4000 under their original forecast. When they "looked into it" the had reduced it back to their original quote that I had complained about!
Is there anybody I can take this to.?
suzannew9
August 9th, 2015
Zoopla's valuation of my property was based on the price I paid for a HALF SHARE in 1990!
susand36
September 10th, 2014
The Zoopla property valuations on their website are way off the mark for my property.
My property was valued by three independent estate agents at £330,000 for the purposes of probate a few months previously, but Zoopla have given their own valuation at 315,000 approximately
I don't trust their website: whatever method they are using to determine property value seems wildly inaccurate. I wouldn't rely on their valuations to find the true value of a property.

Tip for consumers: Do not rely on Zoopla valuations. They seem to think they know better than professional estate agents, but that is not the case.

samanthaw12
September 3rd, 2014
My house is undervalued. I made the mistake of filling in their online form to tell them why I thought this and about recent new kitchen etc. Rather than revise the price up they've lowered it further. Every other house on the street has added 3+% onto the value of their houses over the past year wheras mine has mysteriously gone down by 3+%. These people are unprofessional and can't be trusted. I'd never believe any valuation they gave and I certainly wouldn't employ them in any capacity. My advice is to ignore their wrong valuations on your home because any attempt to right their mistakes will only result in this kind of petty game-playing.

Tip for consumers: don't use it

junes33
September 19th, 2015
I have contacted on several occasions. It's a joke nearly 40,000 undervalued. I really don't know how they value the properties. I live in an apartment and it's really great condition. Every other one is valued higher.
adelinai
June 22nd, 2015
Every time I call the agency for the different houses that I see. They are reallly rude! It is incredible. We are the ones paying their salary and that is how they treat us. Ill be honest with you if you are looking for houses avoid zoopla! Such ashame!
glynb
November 17th, 2013
Out of curiosity I thought I'd have a quick look at Zoopla to check what they had our house valued at. We bought it for £249,500 in 2008 and have lived there ever since. However, according to Zoopla, we sold it for £87,000 in March 2010. I'm very pleased that the new owner is allowing us to live there rent free but I must contact my mortgage provider to ask why my repayments haven't reduced. The moral of this story is, that despite Zoopla's claims that "Data on sold house prices provided by Land Registry/Registers of Scotland. © Crown copyright 2013" this is both inaccurate and misleading. DO NOT TRUST THEM!
nickp27
November 6th, 2013
Just sent this to Zoopla: Your valuations are wildly inaccurate. My home is valued nearly 50% lower than my neighbour who enjoys an identical property to mine. Also, I noticed other properties in my block are incorrectly valued. Whatever system Zoopla is using to value properties is flawed. If I was selling my property now, I would avoid any agent who advertises on Zoopla due to these embarrassing valuations.
owene11
July 15th, 2013
I am a letting agent and actually advertise my properties on Zoopla.
The company have almost tripled their charges within 13 months, they never get back to me when I complain that their not showing all of my properties and their full of empty promises.
AVOID
simonw31
September 27th, 2013
Absolute rubbish is a very polite way to describe this Mickey Mouse outfit. The information is usually very wrong and the estimated prices are a complete joke. Another company trying to make money out of other peoples information that should be shut down.

This is a scam for sure. I had a realtor look into it for me and the rental property in question is actually on the market for sale, not rent. They post pics of market listings for sale and then make the deal look like its a rental unit. I almost fell for it myself. Watch out! Not Real :(

By Christine K.
See more answers (4)

Why exactly would you want to pay someone first and then MAIL the keys? I've seen these rental scams on other free-for-all websites, and this guy was literally spamming the same scam with different properties. He claims that he's living in the UK and the money sent over then will mail the keys. It's basic logics that you should be taking more precautions than this.

By N N.
See more answers (4)

It's a scam.

By Suzanne w.

Hi there, did you end up getting an answer to your question? We're also inquiring about a 2 bedroom property in Canada with the "landlord" living in the UK wanting to use Zoopla as a third party. We're extremely suspicious! Thanks

By Stu S.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Zoopla staff and other customers.

Search for property with the UK's leading resource. Browse houses and flats for sale and to rent, and find estate agents in your area.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoopla?

Have a question about Zoopla?