Review of Zoopla

PL2
Tel: 5154541222

janer183
7/11/19

A house I recently sold has apparently lost £15,000 in value in six months, despite it being identical to another property in the same street which they value at £120,000 more than that one, despite their conservatory being much smaller....! How ridiculous.

bridgetm10
3/9/19

House looked nothing like the pictures. Every room had something wrong with it. Was left waiting til the estate agent decided to show up. Wasted money on two taxis there and back ... waste of my day!

Wouldn't recommend and won't be using again

daniele159
1/22/19

zoopla refused to remove my personal information from their website.
I asked them very nicely.
It seems like their team want to make it hard for people

timh68
7/18/16

Do not Rent ,Buy with William h brown in Dewsbury or Wakefield and sequences in Liverpool customer service is poor all for the landlord's not the Tennant's. Had to live in a damp detached bungalow for 3 year every thing was done on the cheap cheap repairs and caused both of us bad asthma and problems to our lungs, blamed us for condensation and damp even though bungalow was built on a mill plan. Sleep with Windows open in freezing temperature's every night.took 2 years to put a new window in lounge as was a solid glass frame no opening. Rowan Moore in Liverpool sequences had a stinking attitude when we needed Repair's doing oh i will get bk to u and never did useless. No calling bk we had to do all ringing round for them. I would not recommend going with them all for the money not supporting the customer and there needs even charge tenants renewal price of £120 Not like Robert Watts they are much better than William h brown

clivec9
4/19/16

Why do they appear incompetent? The above change is not a market correction. I have recorded previous estimates. Estimates given 3 years ago have changed.
I keep haranguing myself why I should waste my energy on this.

After persistence I have managed to close the gap to £50K. So maybe two stars now!

letitias2
3/20/16

I made a big mistake filled in their form now my home is about £80,000 less than its value according to them. I have asked them to take the information off completely as it's misleading people looking to buy in this area. They refuse to remove or update the value such ignorance probably a law against it such as false information or something. Don't ever trust these people your in for a shock if you do.

junes33
9/19/15

I have contacted on several occasions . It's a joke nearly 40,000 undervalued. I really don't know how they value the properties. I live in an apartment and it's really great condition .every other one is valued higher.

suzannew9
8/9/15

Zoopla's valuation of my property was based on the price I paid for a HALF SHARE in 1990!

lees86
7/6/15

This shower valued my ex council 3 bed semi 3% more than I purchased for from the council,
I have asked them to find me 2 similar properties for their valuation and I can then sell mine, buy their 2 and still have money over to go on a very nice cruise. Oh happy days- hurry up zoopla please.
All joking aside they are idiots. A friend of mine is an agent and he said a lot of agents in Bournemouth have ended their subscription to the zoopla service as it has done more harm than good.

adelinai
6/22/15

every time I call the agency for the different houses that I see.they are reallly rude!!! It is incredible. we are the ones paying their salary and that is how they treat us. Ill be honest with you if you are looking for houses avoid zoopla!!!! such ashame!!!!!

philg16
4/15/15

A few months ago our house had a Zoopla estimate concurred with our own evaluation. Then, just a month before we put our house on the market, another house in our road was sold and the details somehow got "muddled" with ours, such that a photo of the other house was appearing on our listing. I wrote to Zoopla explaining the problem and to their credit they quickly "disentangled" the two properties. However, in the process our Zoopla estimate fell by £6K. I have since repeatedly tried to get the original estimate restored but all in vain. They stubbornly refuse to look into the matter; all they do is send me a standardised response pointing me to their "refine estimate" facility which I have repeatedly tried but the lower Zoopla estimate has not budged an iota. In the course of this I have discovered that Joe public cannot phone Zoopla. Estate agents have a telephone line they can use, but not us, the general public. I think it is extremely arrogant of Zoopla (and other companies like them) who earn a living out of our property details not to deign to talk to us. Who do these people think they are?

lindab107
1/30/15

Omg don't believe it I had a reply following their total incompetence regarding my original complaint, obviously only because it was public. They said they would look into it, I had managed to feed my information in again and at least they had upped it by £4000, still £4000 under their original forecast . When they "looked into it" the had reduced it back to their original quote that I had complained about!!
Is there anybody I can take this to.?

susand36
9/10/14

The Zoopla property valuations on their website are way off the mark for my property.
My property was valued by three independent estate agents at £330,000 for the purposes of probate a few months previously, but Zoopla have given their own valuation at 315,000 approximately
I don't trust their website: whatever method they are using to determine property value seems wildly inaccurate. I wouldn't rely on their valuations to find the true value of a property.

Tip for consumers: Do not rely on Zoopla valuations. They seem to think they know better than professional estate agents, but that is not the case.

samanthaw12
9/3/14

My house is undervalued. I made the mistake of filling in their online form to tell them why I thought this and about recent new kitchen etc. Rather than revise the price up they've lowered it further. Every other house on the street has added 3+% onto the value of their houses over the past year wheras mine has mysteriously gone down by 3+%. These people are unprofessional and can't be trusted. I'd never believe any valuation they gave and I certainly wouldn't employ them in any capacity. My advice is to ignore their wrong valuations on your home because any attempt to right their mistakes will only result in this kind of petty game-playing.

Tip for consumers: don't use it

glynb
11/17/13

Out of curiosity I thought I'd have a quick look at Zoopla to check what they had our house valued at. We bought it for £249,500 in 2008 and have lived there ever since. However, according to Zoopla, we sold it for £87,000 in March 2010. I'm very pleased that the new owner is allowing us to live there rent free but I must contact my mortgage provider to ask why my repayments haven't reduced. The moral of this story is, that despite Zoopla's claims that "Data on sold house prices provided by Land Registry/Registers of Scotland. © Crown copyright 2013" this is both inaccurate and misleading. DO NOT TRUST THEM!

nickp27
11/6/13

Just sent this to Zoopla: Your valuations are wildly inaccurate. My home is valued nearly 50% lower than my neighbour who enjoys an identical property to mine. Also, I noticed other properties in my block are incorrectly valued. Whatever system Zoopla is using to value properties is flawed. If I was selling my property now, I would avoid any agent who advertises on Zoopla due to these embarrassing valuations.

teresab11
10/22/13

zoopla property valuation is a bit of a joke they dont come around and value your property they only go of previously sold prices and as property goes up 2% down 3% for example its a very rough guide for if you have had an extention or new garage kitchen so on zoopla wont take this into account unless you tell them also if for example you got a bargain and brought your home for less than market value this also is not taken into account when they come up with there figures

simonw31
9/27/13

Absolute rubbish is a very polite way to describe this Mickey Mouse outfit. The information is usually very wrong and the estimated prices are a complete joke. Another company trying to make money out of other peoples information that should be shut down.

owene11
7/15/13

I am a letting agent and actually advertise my properties on Zoopla.
The company have almost tripled their charges within 13 months, they never get back to me when I complain that their not showing all of my properties and their full of empty promises.
AVOID

tinab8
6/29/13

very misleading and unhelpful site. It should be removed as it does not offer a realistic guide to evaluation. After repeated to'in g and fro'ing by email to inform them of this, and despite their assertions that you can 'revise' their estimations, the system cannot offer a realistic estimation regarding individual properties in the same road, sold in different years. The website should be blown open for it's startling inaccuracies.

annac17
10/8/12

My property was bought at a very low price and therefore not reflective of the area, the algorythm Zoopla uses takes into account the last sale price which does not take into account a large investment into bring the property into line with its area...therefore independant agents value my home at £330 - £340K but Zoopla values it at £277K !

This gives misleading data to buyes who place too much trust into Zoopla's flimey calculation formula!.

shirleyp4
8/25/12
pamelah4
4/10/12

http://www.flatland-london.com listed by ZOOPLA.CO.UK, really suks, today I went for some good looking flats that I saw in the web, they said "just come to our office in 125 Gouchester Road", but when I arrive they want me to pay 80 pounds for give me an excel list of flats that probably doesn't exist or are a trash bin. Of course I didn't pay, but I spent 5 pounds and my time going there

sheilae
11/29/10

This website shows (apparently) property values on your house. They are based on some algorithm they have set up that amazingly works out the value of your property. However, property prices are based also on the inside of your house, which they have not seen. The prices are widely unrealistic. For example: they said my house (an end terrace) was worth £153,000 and my neighbour (a mid terrace) was worth £167,000. Mine has been priced by an estate agent at £175,000 and I have just reduced by £10,000 for a quick sale. Still nowhere near their estimate. Some random houses do not have any estimates. I asked for my house to be removed from the site and they refused. They said I could submit my own house value. I did this and said it was worth £999,999 which they published. However, their valuation appear at the top of the page in a large font, you would have trouble finding my valuation. I would like my house removed from the site, but they have told me this is not possible. I should have the right to have it removed.

This is a scam for sure. I had a realtor look into it for me and the rental property in question is actually on the market for sale, not rent. They post pics of market listings for sale and then make the deal look like its a rental unit. I almost fell for it myself. Watch out! Not Real :(

By Christine K.

Why exactly would you want to pay someone first and then MAIL the keys? I've seen these rental scams on other free-for-all websites, and this guy was literally spamming the same scam with different properties. He claims that he's living in the UK and the money sent over then will mail the keys. It's basic logics that you should be taking more precautions than this.

By N N.

It's a scam.

By Suzanne w.

Hi there, did you end up getting an answer to your question?? We're also inquiring about a 2 bedroom property in Canada with the "landlord" living in the UK wanting to use Zoopla as a third party. We're extremely suspicious! Thanks

By Stu S.

Questions? Get answers from the Zoopla staff and other customers.

Zoopla?