Review of Yodle

2018 Customer choice award

20 reviews with 3 stars

shilpaj
8/12/16

I have enrolled for 6 months.
I have seen bad reviews at Yelp but I feel they are just percentage of their 60k customer base.
I have had reservations after reading those reviews and was about to cancel contract but I have decided to give them a chance.
Hopefully I will get a chance to write an awesome review after my 6 months or even during that time.

Response from Gina B., Yodle Representative
Hi Shilpa - I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a better experience with one of our sales representatives. As I mentioned in my email, we are currently looking into the incident and are hoping to resolve any issues. Best, GB.
bills180
6/21/16

i just don't know

Response from Gina B., Yodle Representative
Hi Bill - If you could provide more details, I would be happy to discuss any issues you may be having with the platform. Please feel free to contact me at 646-768-3690 or gina.balistreri@yodle.com. Thanks, GB.
rainmang
3/31/16

Yodle is very easy to use and set up. They tend to try to put everyone into generic categories and it takes a lot of work to get them to change from the standard template. Also, their web crawler feature for your company info (can be turned off) and phone number tracking system (can't change this) takes away from your identity causing confusion across the web for searching. I like what they did but the loss of identity if you have your own website and phone numbers causes too much confusion for me. The areas they made easy (posting to social media, etc.) is not that hard and with a bit of focus and consistency you can do the same thing in minutes.

Response from Gina B., Yodle Representative
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, we always appreciate our customers letting us know how we're doing! I'll be sure to pass your feedback along to the appropriate teams internally. If you have any additional details you would like to share, don't hesitate to reach out to me at 646-768-3690 or gina.balistreri@yodle.com. Thanks, GB.
matthews65
1/26/16

I was hesitant to try yodle, but after quite a bit of time on the phone the sales rep pressured me into giving it a try with the understanding that i would not pay a set up fee or be in a contract agreement. The services (regardless of whether leads were generated or not) we very underwhelming. The adversite was very bland and sounded like a mindless informercial. The reviews feature (which i was clearly told would populate reviews on all the profiles they managed) was bare bones and only submitted a post to Facebook when a review came in. The e-mail campaign feature was buggy and visually unappealing, especially since mailchimp offers a free service for my size company that is infinitely more capable.

When it came time to cancel it took over an hour on the phone with a manager, repeatedly expressing my disappointment to get them to understand. They then tried to convince me i was obligated to an agreement and they had the recording from my set up call. I told him repeatedly to check the sales call and he would hear me say several times how i would not enter any time contract with them. After i finally got service canceled it was an enormous pain in the ass to reclaim all of my relevant online profiles (in fact i'm still dealing with it).

By the end of my time with yodle they were willing to give me their service for $150/month for life with no contract and no set up fees. If you are interested in yodel's service, at least get them to lower the outrageous prices they are asking and don't pay more than $150.

robd39
12/17/15

Normally I would probably only give yodel one or two stars but isn't it always determined on how a problem is handled & not necessarily the experience overall? Such as the case. I tried Yodle. It lacks performance. They gave me a full refund. They also took great interest in why I was not pleased. I believe in time they will upgrade the functionality of their dashboard And provide a much more user-friendly experience with many more options that are considered normal in 2016. Because they handled my dissatisfaction so well I decided to give them three stars.
Please keep in mind that it is very possible that the service they provide might work well for you and your business. It did not for mine.

juanees
12/13/15

First, from the sales pitch I thought all of the work except supplying some verbiage, photos and member list Yodle was going to do all the work. I really have neither the time nor desire to do most of it myself and the cost is a lot all things considered..
Second, however, the only reason I haven't asked for my money back is because Michelle was very knowledgeable. She seemed to genuinely want to help me get my program going correctly and spent time making changes to the 'typical' info as it did not reflect my practice much at all. So we shall see if this works for me or not.

Response from Jessica M., Yodle Representative
Hi, Juanee - Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. I'm glad to hear Michele was able to help walk through updates and take care of any issues you were having with your account. I'm am however disappointed to hear there was any disconnect between the sales call and the service you are receiving. We pride ourselves on offering stellar customer service and we want to help our customers get the most out of our programs. If you run into any further issues or would like to share additional feedback, please feel free to reach out to Michele or myself. I work within corporate communications and I'm happy to help, reach me at: jessica.mcginn@yodle.com or 646-753-6362. Happy holidays, JM.
georgeh71
8/11/15

Yodle has performed well for me. One thing that was promised at the outset I had to remind the Yodle advisor about today - that we be promoted in Spanish language internet locations, w/ Spanish key words (SEO) added.

susand57
7/2/15

Ivan was moving way to fast and talked way to fast. I don't think he has our business categorized correctly. I am calling in to talk with someone.

Response from Radley M., Yodle Representative
Hi Susan - thanks for your feedback. I just wanted to make sure you were able to connect with someone who can help you. If this hasn't been resolved, you can reach me directly at 646-770-8974 or syvenna.siebert@yodle.com. Thank you!
davids319
5/1/15

i answered a request to have appointment to learn about them.the woman who was conducting the sales pitch was very aggressive and try to have me sign up before I get more information about them

Response from Radley M., Yodle Representative
Hi David - if you wouldn't mind sharing the details about your experience, I'd like to look into this. You can reach me at syvenna.siebert@yodle.com or 646-770-8974.

Thanks for your feedback - I'm sorry that it wasn't a positive experience.

Best,
Syvenna Siebert
janetb32
3/31/15

John was very helpful on the phone, and I would give him 5 stars. He helped me with corrections I wanted to make on the website. He offered good suggestions and feedback. We are new customers, so marketing results are still unknown at this point. The reason I am giving Yodle 3 stars overall is that the website they initially put up could have been any solar company's site because it was so generic. If I were a site visitor I would have thought it was a scam. It was not well thought out, and there was so much repetition it was unbelievable. They did not consult our current website for information, so it was useless as a marketing tool. I spent alot of time rewriting their material, and then when they posted it, I still had to carefully proofread due to the numerous misspelled words, missing capitals, etc. That is what I called and worked with John on correcting. The overall website work has not been very professional, and for that reason I have been very disappointed. That said, the website is finally coming together, and with a few more touches, I am hopeful that this marketing will actually do what they said it would do. Overall anytime I have spoken with a customer service person they have been great to work with. They just need their writers do a better job researching the client before they start writing, and do a better job with the basics of punctuation and basic grammar.

chadt9
2/27/15

I was very pleased with the assistance.

dm119
12/17/14

My questions were answered and explained very well.

garyg34
12/16/14

I wasn't pleased with the initial work done by Yodle as nothing was really happening.and I went for about a month without a contact from them. Was quite dissappointed until I got the call from megan who seems to really want to see me succeed here and make this a good experience for all of us. She's working and I have a few things to do myself so I trust I'll soon get the leads I'm paying for. I would rate it at this point a 3 star

jamies54
12/16/14

Felicia was very patient and helpful.

deanem
12/11/14

I was satisfied with the information given to me and Jaime was very pleasant and helpful.

arnonw
8/26/14

The service people were great!!! Listening to phone calls and reviewing with staff was great. Unfortunately, the leads simply didn't materialize, and at that cost I'd expect better results.

erikp8
5/3/14

My rep Josh Robinson has been very helpful so far. The results of the marketing investment are yet to be seen however. To be fair, we are less than 2 months into the campaign, so we are hoping to see the results improve to produce an effective ROI to justify continued advertising.

shaunk5
1/9/14

Yodle's sales team was extremely confident that their SEO would generate clients for my business. They said that over 85% of their customers are repeat buyers and that they individually picked my business (they cold-called my phone) as a candidate they believed could benefit from their SEO. Their entire sales pitch revolved around generating leads for me. However, their SEO was unable to assist my business in generating any initial customer contact. Not one time in 90 days did Yodle's software create any market awareness for my business. At the end of 90 days I begged for a refund but they denied me one because they said that they never guaranteed any market awareness or initial customer contact. They only guaranteed ranking. Eventually, after enough begging, Yodle offered me a refund - which was nice of them. Their customer service was excellent throughout the process, even when I showed frustrations. Ultimately, Yodle offers a web ranking and landing pages for businesses who do not already have a sophisticated online presence. If you already have invested heavily in a website then Yodle is probably not the right company for you to add-on. But if you need to get your online business listing off the ground, Yodle will work for many practical skill-based businesses. If you work in a "creative" business such as media creation then Yodle's stock landing-pages will not have enough customization options for you to make your web presence memorable.

Response from Radley M., Yodle Representative
Shaun - my name is Radley Moss, Director of Corporate Communications at Yodle. I'm very sorry to hear that you're so disappointed about the experience that you've had during your time as a Yodle client. We certainly wouldn't have contacted you if we didn't think that we could do a great job for your business. We're also typically upfront about the search terms that we're targeting for a client's business and the type of website/landing pages we provide. A member of our client services team will be following up with you to address these issues further and to find out exactly what happened. Thank you.
randys13
4/2/13

I"m not very tech savvy, but I knew enough to know people were always using their phones to search stuff. So I joined Yodle and I"vebeen really happy with the results so far. I started getting calls and the recordings of the calls even helped me realize i needed to change the message I use when I put people on hold. I have experienced good customer service.

jhs
12/30/11

I gave it 3 stars because I thankfully did not sign up with them so I really can't say whether it was a good idea or not. But given the reviews here, I am glad I didn't. What I will say, however, is that the salesman basically said that he wished he knew before he wasted his time talking to me. Give me a break - people talk to me all the time without hiring me. Cost of doing business, pal.

I received a few leads that actually worked out. However, it wasn't enough to justify using them in the first place. The leads seemed to come in when I had signed up for their "google ads marketing" addition. So basically, the google ads provided 80%-100% of the leads, not Yodle. I Would've been better off spending my money on Google Ads written myself.

By Jay U.

Yodle only cost me money and quite a bit of frustration! Tony

By Anthony C.

I have a spare wet-vac if you have extra cash laying about. Give me a call. It would be a better application of energy use.

By Sally L.

Run Forest Run. They make promises. They will put wrong info on the web. Who spends 600.00 Before a return if you gat that. Run Forest Run

By Scott E.

dont do it.

By Matt T.

If you get a website made. The search engine go by the 2nd letter in order for your site to be pulled up quickly. You would be better off doing your own social media marketing, joining the BBB and Y and white pages of phone book. Magnetic vehicle signs, etc. Need more free tips email me at rstoutmire@yahoo.com subject line Javier S. Contractor. Hope this help you but don't pay any company any money for any work. Rhonda S.

By rhonda s.

I use Yodle for a DUI and Reckless Driving defense law practice. Consistent leads that match my location and practice areas. I use the photos with the link to Facebook and have client reviews right on my website. I think it is important to take advantage of these services that Yodle offers as part of their package.

By Mark M.

I don't know, but stay away from Yodle!

By Anthony C.

Anthony C is absolutely right. Don't waste your time.

By Sally L.

No you lose it

By Jason M.
Questions? Get answers from the Yodle staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Yodle