Review of YellowPages.ca

socialmedia@yp.ca

109 reviews with 1 star

andyd53
4/19/18

The create profile with wrong info and wont let you change it.... BIG SCAM...
Please do your research, they are classified as the worst marketing company on the net.

andys174
4/17/18

I think im done with these guys. If you're reading this you prob. said yes on the phone with them. don't ever let it go to small claims court or to a collections agency. I wasted so much time reading all these reviews and trying to find a way to not pay. Your best bet is to call them and try to negotiate the crap out of the situation. try to knock off as much of the amount owing as possible with them even if it means paying all at once over the phone and just never say yes or talk to companies like this over the phone ever again in your life. its a huge bullet to eat but it does go to court and it is upheld. These guys go to court so much its a full time business for them. They know all the ins and outs. I never found a person that said they won.

sandrar141
4/3/18

I have had problems with them since they were supposed to secure my domain name and never did then 3 times they were supposed to forward my emails and it still never happened. 2 times to change business hours and when the price went up I told the guy and he said it doesn't matter when I called to cancel today Apr 3 they said my contract renewed in Feb. and I could not cancel even though they have not fulfilled their end of the contract. I will be forwarding my complaint to newsonline@ctv.ca

jeffr1404
3/31/18

I'm being billed for services that I never ordered and can't get them to stop. Yellow Pages is a total scam!!!

emilyh123
3/22/18

They are terrible! They rope you in over the phone then when you decide you need to cancel because it's costing your small business way to much they tell you,
You can't and that it's a one year contact! Are you kidding me? They put information that I did not want online right on to my said ad. And they start sending you bills and calling you about it straight away. I'm sick of there crap and want out. Don't get fooled by the people over the phone. Just say no. There are WAAAAY better and cheaper ways to advertise.

chriss715
3/16/18

My husband has been receiving calls from yellow pages saying he owes money for services. The thing is my husband has a small business and does not advertise. I checked the website and they do have a small blurb about his business. However this only proves to me he did not place this add. It is filled with wrong information. It states he accepts credit card payment...he does not. Worst of all it states he can do certain services which my husband does not do because you need a special license. The last call stated they would be send a baliff to our home. My husband has left numerous messages and no one calls back. Again we are a small business and cannot afford to advertise let alone pay them off so they will leave us alone.

robertb593
3/16/18

These guys are complete clowns, I don't even know what part of the crap job they did to start with, First the owner was my very best friend UNTILL I gave him my deposit check and than the games began chasing him around. My job was to take 5 days to complete and cost me $15,800.00. this job ended up taking 9 weeks and the work was so poor that he settled at $10,000.00 and I never should have paid that, I only paid it because I was trying to close on a bank loan that was costing me 11% interest and he was holding up the closing. Boiling Springs the day they "finished the install" wanted to be paid in full minus 10% on the spot before they would come connect the power and before the inspection was done. they said it was because they were having people not paying them once they had the job complete, this part of the job took three days. Man am I glade I stuck to my guns and didn't pay them here is the reasons why, so on Friday 2:00 pm is when they were complete minus hooking up the power, I called them at 4:00 pm and asked when they were coming back because this was June and very hot and I was told when I had a check in my hand. after a very heated conversation Jason agreed to come Saturday morning to hookup the power. I even offered to have breakfast for him and his partner. Jason never showed until Monday morning. after that he failed the inspection 2 times over a 6 week period and I had to have a general contractor go over the job to tell him what all needed to be fixed before my contractor would pay him, the best part, while my contractor was under the house he found all the old metal ductwork that they took down and replaced, they had smashed the old duct work than stuffed it under and an addition added to the house that I was told they hulled away. On the outside of the house we found two piles of insulation stuffed in the woods behind my house and than Jason the owner tells me that he cant trust the kids he has working for him. I could go on and on because I haven't even scratched the surface but I am tired of typing, I think you know where this story ends if not...good luck
and my name is Robert Battaglia and I live in Spartanburg I don't need to hide my name. I wish I would have read all the reviews on this company because there are a lot and all of them say the same thing CROOKS.

evac40
3/16/18

I just helped a friend through a process where yellow pages took him to collections from a contract he tried to cancel over and over. NOW it's my turn. I sold my business 2 years ago and called them with the new owners info and the new owner has been paying the bill for the last 2 years. Now they are calling me to tell me they've sent it to collections. Yeah. Good luck. I will not be walked on!!

daryay1
3/14/18

The guy called me to advertise with them, and i kept saying no and he kept insisting and at the end he tells me well i hope you have luck with your PASSIVE STRATEGY. Excuse me boy, did i miss something or you had a phd in marketing? Who are you to tell me how i should advertise my OWN BUSINESS. like seriously, i really would like to know how this company hires their employees because they clearly miss manners and respect. If someone tell you no, have a dignity and self respect to take it and not be an idiot about it.

jordanl49
3/14/18

Stay away from Yellowpages advertising at any cost. First of all it is out of date and their advertising barely works. Secondly they trap you into contracts with just a yes or no said on the telephone, you don't have to sign or anything. What they trapped me in was essentially useless and i just flushed 1000$ down the drain. I HATE this company with a passion.

yellowpagesa
3/2/18
• Updated review

We need to have emails flooded to this news outlet for movement on a story that will bring awareness about this company that continues to take advantage of people through dishonest practices,,,,,,send your request for CTV news action to newsonline@ctv.ca,,,if enough complaints are put forward, the news story will air instead of putting just reviews about all the trouble this company has caused everyone,,,,and the monies that have been spent for nothing,,,,moving forward to the next step is what needs to happen.

“Shameful, perfect epitome of how not to treat customers”
2/28/18
• Previous review

This review is to advise other business and Yellow Pages, that you are the most conniving, disrespectful, unprofessional organization that I have had the misfortune of ever dealing with during my business career. You seek out businesses for which you back pedal, coerce, falsify and prey on to entrap them into services that you have no intention on following through with. I will not cave to your repeated threats. You claim to open a complaint which you vehemently decline. It is so very sad that the only way in which you can attain customers is to bait and trap. I have your recording of the 1.5 hr one way sales pitch in which you beguile until you reel in your prey. Collections soon followed. Looks like Yellow Pages employee Katherine Constable is so used to shelling out decline emails, she failed to really listen to the conversation. I have filed an application with the Consumer Protection Act siting ' Unconscionable representation', an application for ' Unfair Practices ' and under section Rights and Obligations - Respecting Specific Consumer Agreements. I have also filed off a complaint to CTV News naming all involved and most importantly the slimy low life sales person, Sachin for spear heading this falsified fiasco. I will be making this my mission to ensure everyone knows about your contrive approach and prey driven assassination of small business owners. You and your team are contemptible and most importantly reprehensible.

sevaz1
2/28/18

No matter how big your business is, stay away from YP. Their agenda is to lock you in a voice agreement BEFORE you will read and understand that you will not be able to escape from a contract for the following year. Cooling period to change your mind is 24 hours (why not 30 seconds thou?). If you miss that window prepare your wallet. If you realize you don't need their service or, their service is not working the way you're expecting from them - good luck to terminate your contract. They just want your money and will continue to bill you.

Unfair business practices at their best.

This company has F rating with Better Business Bureau (BBB) Canada. Wish I did my homework before even speaking nicely to their salesperson.

Beware fellow Canadian businessman.

pp76
2/24/18

My Business was a multi year client of YP and I like to think I am relatively decent at looking over things. However, when dealing with yellow pages you need a lawyer to revoew the contract and god forbid you want service. I closed a second location mid year and askd for the advertising be reformatted and changed to a remaining location. Was never completed. Then my contract was up and my yp rep never contacted me as they had for 5 years so i made the assumption that it was done and I was in the of selling my business so I said no big deal. Then I kept getting bills . After 3 to 4 months and due to severe medical issues which kept me from addresing it sooner i attempted to contacy my rep. Thye said something looks strange and said he would get back to me but never did. I figured not my problem. Then their legal department got involved and the account is in the hands of a collection agency with a name that sounds like a law firm but isnt. More deception from yp. Now they are still billing me over a year later for a company not even in operation!!! Just stay away. There is no good to come from dealing with yellow pages. None. Just stay away. I am awaiting legal documents from them so i can take them to a lawyer. If this has affected my personal credit in any way it is YP who will need a lawyer.

harmeets1
2/20/18

Yellow Pages Locks you in contract of one year or even more. They will provide NOTHING in the name of pushing small business by advertisement. Yellow Pages website is horrible. You will never get any business with yellow pages advertisement. I signup six months ago and paying them $250 each month and never get any business out of it. I tried to cancel contract by customer care but they said it is not possible rather then that they try me to sell another year contract which cost me $100 a month. In other words they trap you and rips you off. Small business owners please stay away from these scammers never signup Yellow Pages.

pawana
2/19/18

After paying subscription these ppl are taking your pocket customers to other business houses.
The lady moumita sarkar Id yellow pages is the most indisciplined person I have gone through.

rayb96
2/17/18

I had a 1 year contract that I got no results from, called them at 11 months to cancel and they had already auto renewed. I told them I won't pay because I didn't agree. So now they're taking me to court. My lawyer just laughed when I told my story and told me let them take me to court and I will win. I decided either way I'll make them pay as much in legal fees as possible!! Complete Extortion trying to scare you with the thought of going to court! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMPANY!!

richardt145
2/15/18

They can lock you into a contract with only a verbal "OK" over the phone but you will need a legal team to get out. They will continue to automatically renew you and come up with excuses why you cant get out of your contract. "you didn't give us enough notice", "you need to notify us in writing" , " only your account rep, who never responds to voicemails or emails, can access your account info", etc. They will tell you on the phone that you are "protected" when it comes to results from your campaign but the fine print clearly indicates they guarantee nothing. I had three phone calls in the first year and none in the second, and for $300 a month i lost money on this. Definitely avoid! There are better ways to spend your advertising dollars.

seans115
2/9/18

couple years ago i was asked a question about posting an add with yellowpages. I told them i would try for month then tried to cancel was put on hold for 1 hour... i have a business to run so couldn't cancel in the right frame time. now i'm stuck with a bill for 340$

stevens256
2/5/18

They are the single worst company I have dealt with (Actually, tied for worst company) and I have been in business for 6 years now. They will not allow you to cancel a subscription, if you try they will put you on hold, transfer you a bunch of times, holding at each place, and if you make it through that, tell you that there isn't a single person available who has the authority to cancel your services. This is a company with 2300 employees. They will tell you someone will call you as soon as they are available, and they never do, at which point they email you saying there was an error and you owe a lot more money, and you can't cancel your account until you pay it. They will then start charging you interest, and it doesn't matter that you asked to cancel your service, they will keep charging you for services, as well as interest on made up fees you never agreed to, until it's a high enough number to send to a collections agency, where they then double the made up amount as a collections fee. Disgusting example of corporate extortion. Never use them.

Tip for consumers: Plan on getting screwed over for at least double what you agreed to, with not a single positive outcome or lead.

dawnl93
1/29/18

Liz at yellowpages is very rude, pushy, and one of the most annoying people Ive ever dealt with. She tried to make me feel stupid when I complained that Hermon, the guy who signed me up, failed to tell me about a 30 day cancellation policy! Hermon did NOT mention that the month to month ad would require 30 days cancellation, so when I realized what a scam this was with only scammers from google calling us amongst other solicitation calls/e-mails and tried to cancel, I was sent to Liz, the manager who should really be called Madam Rude! She was snappy & e trembly rude with me & said yes I was told about the cancellation policy when I in fact was not. Then she switched her mood & offered me an additional value to my package that would include a free ad to appear in a nearby city. She said to give it three months and that she would guarantee some awesome leads & new business but after the 3 months I was fed up with scammer calls contacts ting us! I tried to call & e-mail Liz & carolynn (from the welcome team) 8 days later, Carolyn e-mails me that I need to be patient and that Liz would be contacting me even though I asked for a different manager to deal with because Lizs attitude was horrid & her voice was very annoying to listen to with her high pitched, high pressure tactics! So now I am being billed an e tea 2 months! And I did call Liz to confront her on the awful service & tell her I found this to be a waste of time & money. She got all rude and said, well, we cannot guarantee any leads (LIE!) and we cannot control scammers; then she has the nerve to say that I received 40 new contacts from my ad! Lol we received zero contacts and only a pile of baloney scammers! I told her this and asked her point blank why the statistics lie. She stammered then said that the month to month is no longer being offered & that I needed to sign up for the year. I said, thats strange, the month to month just started last September. She said shes going to forward me the e-mail she received from her management. I did not receive an e-mail, nor have I heard from Liz since then. I warned my credit card company of yellow pages trying to charge me for the two months after I had cancelled as well as any new charges. They are going to help me disputes the charges and I am reporting the yellow pages to a government website that posts companies that fail to deliver promises for services/goods.
Keep your money and stay away from yellow pages! They are the worst scammers out there!

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Dawn, thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced as a result of this is, and agree that the details of your contract should be made clear when you're signing up. Please do not hesitate to contact our customer service department at 1-877-909-9356 with your business information and contact number. We would be more than happy to discuss your concerns and resolve this situation.
matthewb170
1/28/18

They will lie to you and force you into a year long contract. Told me countless times I would recieve a certain number of leads per month. In the entire year I did not recieve one lead. Recieved thousands of spam calls and emails though thanks to Yellow Pages. I tried to cancel my contract the day I saw the first bill that I was not expecting becuase I never fully agreed to their terms. Their scam artist working there Naor (beware of this guy seriously, he will lie and cheat you) told me that in order to continue the conversation to get more information I had to consent to their services. I told him I would say yes but that I will not commit to their contract until certain terms were met. Those terms were never met and instead they without permission locked me into a contract. When I confronted them about this and attempted to cancel the contract they would only send the 30 seconds of the conversation where I said yes. They refused to send the other hour of the phone call where I repeatedly stated that I am not interested in the services until certain things happen on my end. They pretended this didn't happen so they could steal money from a small business. Yellow pages makes its money off scamming small businesses by lying to them. Now if I dont pay my credit will be screwed up and to pay is going to really hurt my business. Yellow Pages told me this would grow my business, instead it has driven it into the ground. I have never in my life had a worse expereince then working at Yellow Pages. I hope nothing but the worst for every single person who works there. They make no effort to help situations. Their only focus is on sucking the most money out of you they can and they will go to whatever lengths they need to achieve this. Even if this means lying to you about their services.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Matthew, we are very sorry that you were not satisfied by the services provided by Yellow Pages. Our services are tailored to the needs of each individual customer, and our Media Account Consultant's are dedicated to establishing realistic expectations according to your business vertical and your product and service offering. It is also very important that they clearly outline the details of your contract and billing commitments. We can assure you that if you do not feel comfortable with the agreement and terms agreed upon, a member of our Customer Service team would be happy to look into your claim. They can be reached by phone at1-877-909-9356, or by emailing your request to customercare@yp.ca. Thank you!
kyles107
1/28/18

I entered into a contract with Yellow Pages on May 22nd, 2017; the media account consultant assigned to me was Terry Gogna.
Ive tried to end this contract with Terry several times since September 2017, due to his failure to perform the contractual services outlined in our agreement.
Despite numerous attempts to correct the errors connected to my account (including an incorrect website address and telephone number), Terry did not address my grievances for months, but continued to bill me.
I sent him a letter outlining my reasons for wanting to cancel, and yet again, the only response I received was unfortunately there is nothing that can be done from this end.

He suggested that my only move would be to contact the claims department, which I did. I received a response from Kim Niemi stating, claim is being declined as the advertising is appearing and rotating as contracted. She also suggested that Ive received good feedback of 15 calls in 6 months. Which is completely inaccurate, Ive received 2 calls in total since they supposedly corrected the telephone number in August.

This is the worst customer service Ive ever encountered.
I have filed a complaint with the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, and the Better Business Bureau. I suggest you do the same if you are in a similar situation.

I feel that Yellow Pages knowingly mispresented both the services they would provide, as well as the expected results I would see from signing with their company.

Additionally, I was misled regarding the obligations of the contract; it was inadequately explained to me by the Yellow Pages representative.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Kyle, we appreciate the time you have taken to express your feedback and frustrations on your overall experience with Yellow Pages. We certainly do not want to leave you with the impression that we did not meet contractual obligations or service level expectations. Our customer service team representatives would like the opportunity to investigate your case further, in hopes of finding a resolution. Please do not hesitate to contact our customer service department at 1-877-909-9356 during regular business hours, with your business information and contact number. Thank you!
martinc129
1/24/18

WHAT A BUNCH OF SCAM ARTIST, I WAS CONTACTED BY YELLOW PAGES TO PLACE A BUSINESS AD , WAS TOLD HOW GREAT IT IS . BUNCH OF CRAP... WAS TOLD IT WOULD COST THIS MUCH TO PLACE AD IN YELLOW PAGES , WAS NEVER TOLD IT WOULD COST THAT MUCH PER MONTH. CONTACTED MANAGEMENT AND WAS GOING TO DO A SO CALL INVESTIGATION , THERE SO CALLED INVESTIGATION CAME UP WITH YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT SO YOU HAVE TO PAY!!!! THE WORST PART ABOUT THIS IS ALL I GET IS TELE MARKETING CALLS TRYING TO SELL ME SERVICES OR PRODUCTS . WHERES THE CUSTOMERS ... NEVER EVER AGAIN .. RUN

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Martin, we can understand your frustration. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we're sorry that you did not experience a resolution to your satisfaction. If you would like another representative to investigate further or request to remove yourself from the call list, please contact customercare@yp.ca. Alternatively, if you’d like to send us a private message with your business name and phone number, we will have a member of our team reach out to you directly. Thank you!
vicentes11
1/23/18

AWFUL!!! My experience with Yellow Pages (YP Solutions) was awful!! The sales person essentially told me I would be completing approximately 10-12 jobs a month if I signed-up with Yellow Pages, so I did in June of 2017. I never received a single job in the 5 months I was with them!!!! NOT ONLY THAT BUT THEY CHARGED ME $680.00 FOR A LANDING PAGE. I WAS NEVER TOLD OF THIS FEE AND I WILL NEVER ADVERTISE WITH YELLOW PAGES AGAIN!!

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Vincente, it is unfortunate to hear that you were not satisfied with the services provided by Yellow Pages. Please note that our services are tailored to the needs of each individual customer, and the role of our media account consultant's is to provide realistic expectations appropriate to each product. Of course, there are many variable factors impacting the results of performance-based products that may not always be anticipated. Regarding the cost of your landing page, this should have been made clear when you were entering into your contract. If this was not the case, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service team at 1-877-909-9356 and one of our representatives will be happy to investigate your account. Thank you.
baljinders4
1/23/18

I have been trying to cancel an ad with them, as, I am no longer in business as a real estate agent. They say it does not make a difference, I have to continue to pay for the add. I am calling consumer affairs to see if that is legal. I can't believe this would be legal. There is never an attempt to understand the customer. I hate yellow pages, never purchase anything from them. It's not worth the headaches.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Baljinder, thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the challenge you faced in cancelling your contract. We're very sorry for any inconvenience you've experienced, and can assure you that positive customer experiences are of the utmost importance to us. Please contact our Customer Service team at 1-877-909-9356, and one of our representatives will be happy to investigate your concerns.

My son in high school was harassed by a telemarketer and said no. He created an IT website in HS for a class.Two months later I got an invoice for $57 month. I told them my son has a Communication Learning Disability, a Medical Disability and is being treated for PTSD. They refused to help. I will go to BBB and ask my lawyer. My son should have hung up but they coerced him and he was too young and naive to know better. Shame on them!!

By Jennifer D.

Questions? Get answers from the YellowPages.ca staff and other customers.

YellowPages.ca?