Review of YellowPages.ca

socialmedia@yp.ca

94 reviews with 1 star

rayb96
2/17/18

I had a 1 year contract that I got no results from, called them at 11 months to cancel and they had already auto renewed. I told them I won't pay because I didn't agree. So now they're taking me to court. My lawyer just laughed when I told my story and told me let them take me to court and I will win. I decided either way I'll make them pay as much in legal fees as possible!! Complete Extortion trying to scare you with the thought of going to court! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMPANY!!

richardt145
2/15/18

They can lock you into a contract with only a verbal "OK" over the phone but you will need a legal team to get out. They will continue to automatically renew you and come up with excuses why you cant get out of your contract. "you didn't give us enough notice", "you need to notify us in writing" , " only your account rep, who never responds to voicemails or emails, can access your account info", etc. They will tell you on the phone that you are "protected" when it comes to results from your campaign but the fine print clearly indicates they guarantee nothing. I had three phone calls in the first year and none in the second, and for $300 a month i lost money on this. Definitely avoid! There are better ways to spend your advertising dollars.

seans115
2/9/18

couple years ago i was asked a question about posting an add with yellowpages. I told them i would try for month then tried to cancel was put on hold for 1 hour... i have a business to run so couldn't cancel in the right frame time. now i'm stuck with a bill for 340$

stevens256
2/5/18

They are the single worst company I have dealt with (Actually, tied for worst company) and I have been in business for 6 years now. They will not allow you to cancel a subscription, if you try they will put you on hold, transfer you a bunch of times, holding at each place, and if you make it through that, tell you that there isn't a single person available who has the authority to cancel your services. This is a company with 2300 employees. They will tell you someone will call you as soon as they are available, and they never do, at which point they email you saying there was an error and you owe a lot more money, and you can't cancel your account until you pay it. They will then start charging you interest, and it doesn't matter that you asked to cancel your service, they will keep charging you for services, as well as interest on made up fees you never agreed to, until it's a high enough number to send to a collections agency, where they then double the made up amount as a collections fee. Disgusting example of corporate extortion. Never use them.

Tip for consumers: Plan on getting screwed over for at least double what you agreed to, with not a single positive outcome or lead.

dawnl93
1/29/18

Liz at yellowpages is very rude, pushy, and one of the most annoying people Ive ever dealt with. She tried to make me feel stupid when I complained that Hermon, the guy who signed me up, failed to tell me about a 30 day cancellation policy! Hermon did NOT mention that the month to month ad would require 30 days cancellation, so when I realized what a scam this was with only scammers from google calling us amongst other solicitation calls/e-mails and tried to cancel, I was sent to Liz, the manager who should really be called Madam Rude! She was snappy & e trembly rude with me & said yes I was told about the cancellation policy when I in fact was not. Then she switched her mood & offered me an additional value to my package that would include a free ad to appear in a nearby city. She said to give it three months and that she would guarantee some awesome leads & new business but after the 3 months I was fed up with scammer calls contacts ting us! I tried to call & e-mail Liz & carolynn (from the welcome team) 8 days later, Carolyn e-mails me that I need to be patient and that Liz would be contacting me even though I asked for a different manager to deal with because Lizs attitude was horrid & her voice was very annoying to listen to with her high pitched, high pressure tactics! So now I am being billed an e tea 2 months! And I did call Liz to confront her on the awful service & tell her I found this to be a waste of time & money. She got all rude and said, well, we cannot guarantee any leads (LIE!) and we cannot control scammers; then she has the nerve to say that I received 40 new contacts from my ad! Lol we received zero contacts and only a pile of baloney scammers! I told her this and asked her point blank why the statistics lie. She stammered then said that the month to month is no longer being offered & that I needed to sign up for the year. I said, thats strange, the month to month just started last September. She said shes going to forward me the e-mail she received from her management. I did not receive an e-mail, nor have I heard from Liz since then. I warned my credit card company of yellow pages trying to charge me for the two months after I had cancelled as well as any new charges. They are going to help me disputes the charges and I am reporting the yellow pages to a government website that posts companies that fail to deliver promises for services/goods.
Keep your money and stay away from yellow pages! They are the worst scammers out there!

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Dawn, thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced as a result of this is, and agree that the details of your contract should be made clear when you're signing up. Please do not hesitate to contact our customer service department at 1-877-909-9356 with your business information and contact number. We would be more than happy to discuss your concerns and resolve this situation.
matthewb170
1/28/18

They will lie to you and force you into a year long contract. Told me countless times I would recieve a certain number of leads per month. In the entire year I did not recieve one lead. Recieved thousands of spam calls and emails though thanks to Yellow Pages. I tried to cancel my contract the day I saw the first bill that I was not expecting becuase I never fully agreed to their terms. Their scam artist working there Naor (beware of this guy seriously, he will lie and cheat you) told me that in order to continue the conversation to get more information I had to consent to their services. I told him I would say yes but that I will not commit to their contract until certain terms were met. Those terms were never met and instead they without permission locked me into a contract. When I confronted them about this and attempted to cancel the contract they would only send the 30 seconds of the conversation where I said yes. They refused to send the other hour of the phone call where I repeatedly stated that I am not interested in the services until certain things happen on my end. They pretended this didn't happen so they could steal money from a small business. Yellow pages makes its money off scamming small businesses by lying to them. Now if I dont pay my credit will be screwed up and to pay is going to really hurt my business. Yellow Pages told me this would grow my business, instead it has driven it into the ground. I have never in my life had a worse expereince then working at Yellow Pages. I hope nothing but the worst for every single person who works there. They make no effort to help situations. Their only focus is on sucking the most money out of you they can and they will go to whatever lengths they need to achieve this. Even if this means lying to you about their services.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Matthew, we are very sorry that you were not satisfied by the services provided by Yellow Pages. Our services are tailored to the needs of each individual customer, and our Media Account Consultant's are dedicated to establishing realistic expectations according to your business vertical and your product and service offering. It is also very important that they clearly outline the details of your contract and billing commitments. We can assure you that if you do not feel comfortable with the agreement and terms agreed upon, a member of our Customer Service team would be happy to look into your claim. They can be reached by phone at1-877-909-9356, or by emailing your request to customercare@yp.ca. Thank you!
kyles107
1/28/18

I entered into a contract with Yellow Pages on May 22nd, 2017; the media account consultant assigned to me was Terry Gogna.
Ive tried to end this contract with Terry several times since September 2017, due to his failure to perform the contractual services outlined in our agreement.
Despite numerous attempts to correct the errors connected to my account (including an incorrect website address and telephone number), Terry did not address my grievances for months, but continued to bill me.
I sent him a letter outlining my reasons for wanting to cancel, and yet again, the only response I received was unfortunately there is nothing that can be done from this end.

He suggested that my only move would be to contact the claims department, which I did. I received a response from Kim Niemi stating, claim is being declined as the advertising is appearing and rotating as contracted. She also suggested that Ive received good feedback of 15 calls in 6 months. Which is completely inaccurate, Ive received 2 calls in total since they supposedly corrected the telephone number in August.

This is the worst customer service Ive ever encountered.
I have filed a complaint with the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, and the Better Business Bureau. I suggest you do the same if you are in a similar situation.

I feel that Yellow Pages knowingly mispresented both the services they would provide, as well as the expected results I would see from signing with their company.

Additionally, I was misled regarding the obligations of the contract; it was inadequately explained to me by the Yellow Pages representative.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Kyle, we appreciate the time you have taken to express your feedback and frustrations on your overall experience with Yellow Pages. We certainly do not want to leave you with the impression that we did not meet contractual obligations or service level expectations. Our customer service team representatives would like the opportunity to investigate your case further, in hopes of finding a resolution. Please do not hesitate to contact our customer service department at 1-877-909-9356 during regular business hours, with your business information and contact number. Thank you!
martinc129
1/24/18

WHAT A BUNCH OF SCAM ARTIST, I WAS CONTACTED BY YELLOW PAGES TO PLACE A BUSINESS AD , WAS TOLD HOW GREAT IT IS . BUNCH OF CRAP... WAS TOLD IT WOULD COST THIS MUCH TO PLACE AD IN YELLOW PAGES , WAS NEVER TOLD IT WOULD COST THAT MUCH PER MONTH. CONTACTED MANAGEMENT AND WAS GOING TO DO A SO CALL INVESTIGATION , THERE SO CALLED INVESTIGATION CAME UP WITH YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT SO YOU HAVE TO PAY!!!! THE WORST PART ABOUT THIS IS ALL I GET IS TELE MARKETING CALLS TRYING TO SELL ME SERVICES OR PRODUCTS . WHERES THE CUSTOMERS ... NEVER EVER AGAIN .. RUN

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Martin, we can understand your frustration. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we're sorry that you did not experience a resolution to your satisfaction. If you would like another representative to investigate further or request to remove yourself from the call list, please contact customercare@yp.ca. Alternatively, if you’d like to send us a private message with your business name and phone number, we will have a member of our team reach out to you directly. Thank you!
vicentes11
1/23/18

AWFUL!!! My experience with Yellow Pages (YP Solutions) was awful!! The sales person essentially told me I would be completing approximately 10-12 jobs a month if I signed-up with Yellow Pages, so I did in June of 2017. I never received a single job in the 5 months I was with them!!!! NOT ONLY THAT BUT THEY CHARGED ME $680.00 FOR A LANDING PAGE. I WAS NEVER TOLD OF THIS FEE AND I WILL NEVER ADVERTISE WITH YELLOW PAGES AGAIN!!

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Vincente, it is unfortunate to hear that you were not satisfied with the services provided by Yellow Pages. Please note that our services are tailored to the needs of each individual customer, and the role of our media account consultant's is to provide realistic expectations appropriate to each product. Of course, there are many variable factors impacting the results of performance-based products that may not always be anticipated. Regarding the cost of your landing page, this should have been made clear when you were entering into your contract. If this was not the case, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service team at 1-877-909-9356 and one of our representatives will be happy to investigate your account. Thank you.
baljinders4
1/23/18

I have been trying to cancel an ad with them, as, I am no longer in business as a real estate agent. They say it does not make a difference, I have to continue to pay for the add. I am calling consumer affairs to see if that is legal. I can't believe this would be legal. There is never an attempt to understand the customer. I hate yellow pages, never purchase anything from them. It's not worth the headaches.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Baljinder, thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the challenge you faced in cancelling your contract. We're very sorry for any inconvenience you've experienced, and can assure you that positive customer experiences are of the utmost importance to us. Please contact our Customer Service team at 1-877-909-9356, and one of our representatives will be happy to investigate your concerns.
mariar192
1/19/18

A HUGE waste of money! Do not buy!! I received the same info. where I was told it would be month to month and then suddenly I'm signed into a 3 month contract. When I tried to dispute it, costumer service told me that I signed a contract, but I never did. They keep charging you for late fees so you eventually have to pay it. Throughout my three month 'contract', my business received 1 spam e-mail. In total we paid $300 for nothing! It was also misleading because when they first contacted us, they were so warm and friendly and 'there' for you, but once we signed up, they never called us again and trying to get them on the phone was impossible. BEWARE!! You are only wasting your money!!

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Maria! Although we are very sorry to hear that you received unsatisfactory services and support, we do appreciate you sharing frustrations from your experience with Yellow Pages contracts and representatives. We do not take this lightly, as many customers like yourself rely on us every day to grow and enhance their business. If you would like to contact our Customer Service team at 1-877-909-9356, one of our team members will gladly look into your contract stipulations with you. Thank you.
steveb330
1/18/18

I was a long term advertiser with Yellow Pages and now I am leaving. Every year for the last three years they try to add one extra month to the contract even after I have lower or reduced my advertising. Don't advertise with Yellow Pages. Yellow pages customer service sucks. Yellow Pages sales associates don't care. Yellow Pages management does not care and does not return e-mails and calls.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Steve, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience working with Yellow Pages. We can assure you that does not reflect the level of service we wish to provide across any pillar of organization, especially from our media account consultants and customer service department. Our focus has always and continues to be on our customers, and I will make sure that your feedback is shared with the appropriate teams. Thank you.
juliog22
1/18/18

I give YP one star because there is not option to give them less than that. Bunch of scammers. Stay away of this Company. They will take your money ( In my case, $300.00 during three months) and you will only receive junk calls.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Julio, we're sorry to read that you had a less than pleasant experience working with Yellow Pages. We are continuously working to deliver top quality products and service to our small business partners, and take any complaints very seriously. If you need more support or clarity with a particular incident, please feel free to call 1-877-909-9356 during business hours and one of our representatives would be happy to investigate further. Thank you.
matta12
1/11/18

Very bad company to deal with, I was told there was no contract and it was month-month then after I decided to cancel after a few months as YP advertising is garbage then they say there is a contract, We just meant that you pay month to month lol. My info to cancel was sent to Account Receivables and haven't heard from them in 2 months, when I ask YP for contact info for receivables I am told it is impossible to contact them lol. This company is a joke and it is no wonder they are going down the drain, will be good for all people if this company does not exist anymore after a few years. STAY AWAY FROM USING YELLOWPAGES

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Matt, we are very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the services provided by Yellow Pages, and then had such difficulties confirming the cancellation of your contract. If you have any outstanding questions or concerns regarding the status of your contract, please email your request to customercare@yp.ca. (business name and phone number) and a member of our Customer Service team will reach out to you directly. Thank you!
robbynt1
1/9/18

DON'T sign anything with them.. When every second word is CONTRACT you now you're screwed.. they refused to admit to an obvious wrong and my agent.. that I thought was a pretty decent person refuses to return any correspondence, the one person that knows the wrong that's been done and now I'm left to deal with the excuse givers they call customer service.. what a rip off, scam, joke, you name it!!! Their lack of ability to deal with this issue has lost them both my companies and all my respect for them.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi there, we're very sorry to hear that your calls were not returned. We can assure you that quality customer service is a priority for us, and we'd really like to resolve this for you. Please reach out to us at 1-877-909-9356 during regular business hours as we would like to have the opportunity to investigate into your situation and address your concerns. Thank you.
kaylac36
12/28/17

DO NOT I Repeat DO NOT use Yellowpages for anything website related they are a joke and a scam, the customer service is laughable, embarrassing and I have no idea how they are still in business. They are a nightmare, I am trying to regain my website hosting and domains back its taken me OVER A MONTH my website is now down and no longer active and still trying to get all my information back and they refuse!!!! I am ready to go to a lawyer and take legal actions. AVOID THIS NIGHTMARE!!

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
We appreciate the time you have taken to express your feedback and frustrations on your overall experience with Yellow Pages. We’re are very sorry that this happened to you and we can assure you that Customer Service is of the utmost importance to us - this is an area which we continue to improve and focus upon.
Do not hesitate to contact our customer service department at 1-877-909-9356 during business hours with your business information and contact number. We would be more than happy to help you and better assist you with regaining access of your website hosting and other digital services. Thank you.
gr7345
11/30/17

"I wish I looked at the reviews regarding the YP before I signed up. Got a call from a sales guy who promised the world. They did not deliver what was promised. I have sent emails, talked with the billing departments etc etc. I keep getting told that someone from customer services will call me back. I do not hear from anyone. Each month I get a bill, I have asked for my account to be cancelled each month for 8 months now. They are still billing me for the service I requested to cancel. No matter how I tried to reach my account rep or manager. No one help me to escalate my dispute. I emailed them every month, I list out my complaints, each month the list gets longer and longer. They just DO NO CARE. Not really sure what to do next.".

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Thank you for your message. We are sorry to read that you are not satisfied with the services provided by Yellow Pages. Our small business customers are at the heart of our operations and have been since our beginnings. Please be assured that quality customer service is our main priority as we work hard to improve our internal processes in order to continue to provide satisfaction to our customers every day. We would like to look into this as this situation seems unusual to us. Please contact our Customer Service team at 1-877-909-9356. Our representatives are available to take your call from 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday, and will be happy to investigate your concerns.
jasminez2
11/27/17

With yellow page for just one year, since its failure of providing promised" click rate" for our website, I decided to end the service. I requested to cancel all service when Aug 22en, to may account manager Susie.Warner@yp.ca,which is one week before new year service(September 1st).
They are still billing me for the service I requested to cancel. No matter how I tried to reach my account representative Lasitha.Bodi@yp.ca or manager. No one help me to escalate my dispute. I emailed them two weeks ago ,mentioning I will send this case to BBB, till this moment, no reply still.
They just DO NO CARE.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Jasmine! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We understand your frustrations concerning your recent contract cancellation request and we would like to investigate your case. Please do not hesitate to contact our customer service department at 1-877-909-9356 with your business information and contact number. We would be more than happy to help you and resolve this unfortunate situation. Thank you.
litoj
11/24/17

Its was a nightmare and hopeless experience dealing with Yellow pages. I signed a year contract but they will not allow me to cancel it and addition Yellow pages staff taking the money in my account without my consent. I feel helpless because they have my credit card and in addition Yellow Pages staff will take you to collection agency if I didn't pay. I agreed with all the victims of Yellow pages Stay Away doesn't get worse than this. You can sleep better if you don't do any business with this company. L.P.J

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Lito! Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that your experience with Yellow Pages has not been ideal. We strive to ensure a great Customer Experience. If you feel at all that your concerns/queries were not addressed, then please contact us at 1-877-909-9356 during business hours with your business information and contact number. Thank you.
alia264
11/23/17

If Yellow pages calls you HANG UP ride a way ... scammers they rip you off by 12 months contract that u cant cancel after they sign u in by VOICE SIGNATURE which is stupid and not worth a penny they charge me 3000$ for nothing all what I received back is scammed emails every week and after I called YP telling them about whats going on they replied by Cant do nothing for u ..:::: STAY AWAY EVERYONE

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Ali. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced as a result of this issue. We do not take this lightly as many customers like you trust us with the task of making their small business shine. If you would like to contact our Customer Service team at 1-877-909-9356, one of our team members will gladly look into your contract stipulations with you. While we don't currently have any products available on a month to month basis, we do have the option of shorter three-month contracts in some cases. We would be happy to discuss other options with you if you're still interested. Thank you!
gunterr
11/23/17

We found that YP allows anyone to besmirch a business even if that person has never been in the business, bought anything or had any service done. Someone we never met went on our business site and made a derogatory insulting comment and when we got in touch with YP, we received an arrogant answer to the effect that they don't really care. Yellow Pages claimed that they have ""Integrity of ratings on the YP review platform". So,......allowing total strangers venting personal grudges and general anger on our business YP website, which has nothing to do with "Review" is "Integrity"?? Stay away from YP....we'll not renew our ad......YP sucks.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Gunter! Thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Rating & Review option on yp.ca. We would like to look into this as this situation seems unusual to us. When you have a moment, please contact our Customer Service team at 1-877-909-9356. Our representatives are available to take your call from 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday, and will be happy to investigate your concerns. Thank you. -
briaa
11/23/17

Help us and take Yellow Pages to court!!!! They are now sending emails threatening to send our file to collections, lawyers, court etc. We refuse to pay Yellow Pages! Avoid Yellow Pages at all costs! If they call, email etc DO NOT answer do not reply! They will record your voice as a signature and use it against you if you ever try to cancel. The 12 month term contract is a joke. We have received nothing but computer generated emails from fake people for jobs. SCAM !!!

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Bria. We're sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. Our services are tailored to the needs of each individual customer. We also offer YP analytics – a free platform that allows customers to analyze all parts of their marketing campaigns and ultimately adjust their campaigns accordingly so they can increase their ROI and connect with more of their potential customers. Please rest assured that Customer Service is of the utmost importance and that we’ll be sharing this information internally so that the appropriate team is aware of the situation as we do not take this lightly. In the meantime, we urge you to contact our customer service department at 1-877-909-9356 during business hours with your business information and contact number so that we can look at your case closely. Thank you.
alexandrag28
11/22/17

Very disappointed in yellow pages. Echoing what Cody J said and others, they make promises on what a one year contract will deliver, which you end up finding is absolutely not true and do not work but yet, won't let you out of the contract for not delivering their promises. AVOID AT ALL COST. Spend your marketing dollars elsewhere.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Alexandra. We're sorry to read that you were left so disappointed in doing business with Yellow Pages. At YP, we will always strive for the best Customer Experience for our business clients. If there is any assistance you may require, please call Customer Service at 1-877-909-9356 during regular business hours as we would love for a second chance to assist you.
codyj87
11/21/17

Don't ever say yes to their service on the phone they will put you on a one year contract and send you to collections if you tell them to cancel it and refuse to pay.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Cody, we’re sorry to hear you’ve had a less than desirable experience with Yellow Pages. While many of our advertising services do come with a one-year agreement, it should be clear when you’re signing up that this is the case. If you were not made aware that you were entering into a one-year agreement, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service team at 1-877-909-9356 and one of our representatives will be happy to investigate your account. Thank you.
pierret13
11/7/17

They create uncontrolled, not examined reviews. Harming innocent businesses for years, causing innocent employees losing their jobs. Shut yellow pages down. Do not do business with them. Even when they promise to take the review away.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Pierre! Like many established companies, we’re continuously adapting to changes in technology and developing efficiencies. Our digital transformation and growth as a company is a process – that is not without its challenges. But we’ve accomplished a lot so far. Our focus for the last 100 years has been on our customers and it continues to be. Our focus as alway been on our customers. That’s why we have an 85% customer renewal rate – a leading rate in the industry – and we why work hard to continue to provide satisfaction to our customers every day. We appreciate your feedback and we’ll make sure the appropriate team is aware. Thank you.

My son in high school was harassed by a telemarketer and said no. He created an IT website in HS for a class.Two months later I got an invoice for $57 month. I told them my son has a Communication Learning Disability, a Medical Disability and is being treated for PTSD. They refused to help. I will go to BBB and ask my lawyer. My son should have hung up but they coerced him and he was too young and naive to know better. Shame on them!!

By Jennifer D., YellowPages.ca Representative

Questions? Get answers from the YellowPages.ca staff and other customers.

YellowPages.ca?