Review of YellowPages.ca

socialmedia@yp.ca

79 reviews with 1 star

gr7345
11/30/17

"I wish I looked at the reviews regarding the YP before I signed up. Got a call from a sales guy who promised the world. They did not deliver what was promised. I have sent emails, talked with the billing departments etc etc. I keep getting told that someone from customer services will call me back. I do not hear from anyone. Each month I get a bill, I have asked for my account to be cancelled each month for 8 months now. They are still billing me for the service I requested to cancel. No matter how I tried to reach my account rep or manager. No one help me to escalate my dispute. I emailed them every month, I list out my complaints, each month the list gets longer and longer. They just DO NO CARE. Not really sure what to do next.".

jasminez2
11/27/17

With yellow page for just one year, since its failure of providing promised" click rate" for our website, I decided to end the service. I requested to cancel all service when Aug 22en, to may account manager Susie.Warner@yp.ca,which is one week before new year service(September 1st).
They are still billing me for the service I requested to cancel. No matter how I tried to reach my account representative Lasitha.Bodi@yp.ca or manager. No one help me to escalate my dispute. I emailed them two weeks ago ,mentioning I will send this case to BBB, till this moment, no reply still.
They just DO NO CARE.

litoj
11/24/17

Its was a nightmare and hopeless experience dealing with Yellow pages. I signed a year contract but they will not allow me to cancel it and addition Yellow pages staff taking the money in my account without my consent. I feel helpless because they have my credit card and in addition Yellow Pages staff will take you to collection agency if I didn't pay. I agreed with all the victims of Yellow pages Stay Away doesn't get worse than this. You can sleep better if you don't do any business with this company. L.P.J

alia264
11/23/17

If Yellow pages calls you HANG UP ride a way ... scammers they rip you off by 12 months contract that u cant cancel after they sign u in by VOICE SIGNATURE which is stupid and not worth a penny they charge me 3000$ for nothing all what I received back is scammed emails every week and after I called YP telling them about whats going on they replied by Cant do nothing for u ..:::: STAY AWAY EVERYONE

gunterr
11/23/17

We found that YP allows anyone to besmirch a business even if that person has never been in the business, bought anything or had any service done. Someone we never met went on our business site and made a derogatory insulting comment and when we got in touch with YP, we received an arrogant answer to the effect that they don't really care. Yellow Pages claimed that they have ""Integrity of ratings on the YP review platform". So,......allowing total strangers venting personal grudges and general anger on our business YP website, which has nothing to do with "Review" is "Integrity"?? Stay away from YP....we'll not renew our ad......YP sucks.

briaa
11/23/17

Help us and take Yellow Pages to court!!!! They are now sending emails threatening to send our file to collections, lawyers, court etc. We refuse to pay Yellow Pages! Avoid Yellow Pages at all costs! If they call, email etc DO NOT answer do not reply! They will record your voice as a signature and use it against you if you ever try to cancel. The 12 month term contract is a joke. We have received nothing but computer generated emails from fake people for jobs. SCAM !!!

alexandrag28
11/22/17

Very disappointed in yellow pages. Echoing what Cody J said and others, they make promises on what a one year contract will deliver, which you end up finding is absolutely not true and do not work but yet, won't let you out of the contract for not delivering their promises. AVOID AT ALL COST. Spend your marketing dollars elsewhere.

codyj87
11/21/17

Don't ever say yes to their service on the phone they will put you on a one year contract and send you to collections if you tell them to cancel it and refuse to pay.

pierret13
11/7/17

They create uncontrolled, not examined reviews. Harming innocent businesses for years, causing innocent employees losing their jobs. Shut yellow pages down. Do not do business with them. Even when they promise to take the review away.

jazl8
colinp32
10/19/17

Worst service ever if I could give negative stars I would. If you sign up you can't cancel easily and have to phone constantly to get it done. This company should be sued in class action and shut down brutal

adolphr18
10/18/17

THE RETURN OF BUSINESS IS NOT WHAT THEY CLAIM, COSTS TOO MUCH AND WON'T SHOW UP ON GOOGLE SEARCH ORGANICALLY, JUST GET GOOGLE AD WORDS, YOU WILL PAY MUCH LESS AND WILL GET 1000% BETTER RETURN. THIS IS A BAD BUSINESS DEAL IF YOU SIGN.

torpcolleenm
10/17/17

As a small business owner had decided to list on YP.ca. I agreed to a month to month subscription and when I went to cancel was told that they had automatically renewed me for a full years subscription(payable monthly thru auto debit) without my permission or authorization. After more than six attempts to cancel was told that according to their policies, as I had not responded to requests to renew I was automatically renewed.

I had agreed for some ad information regarding advertising to be emailed to me. At NO time, did I agree to a year subscription.

Cant give a positive review and in fact would highly recommend that ALL: advertisers, subscribers and businesses give YP.ca a wide berth. These practices of signing businesses up without permission or authorization is: despicable, poor business practice and slimy at best!

Should be reported to Better Business Bureau for unethical business practices!

jasonp130
10/11/17

I talked with a salesperson from Yellowpages and agreed to sign up for monthly advertising with yellow pages. I sent in the documents for the payment plan and it was clear that this was a monthly agreement. As a small business, I have other expenses. Around 2 weeks ago, my account was debited for a full year of advertising. When I called to complain, they stated that there was an error and that a refund check would be sent in the mail but it would take them 4-6 weeks. I think this is their way of securing several months of advertising. The sad thing is, I have not seen any traffic coming from the online advertising. Just a waste of money. As a new web developer, I was just looking to help my SEO. But now that I see how they treat their clients, I will only be suggesting Google for advertising to my clients. While my business isn't great yet, it is growing.... Very disappointed in this business.

megantt1
9/21/17

Very bad business, inflexible and misleading. They called us once about a free trial. They then made an online ad we didn't even know existed. It had our business name but linked to another business. It described the other business as well. We didn't know about it until one year later, when they also "auto renewed" it. So now they want us to pay for 2 years worth of a crappy incorrect ad we never wanted. Stay far away from YP. Hang up the phone if they call.

grahamc34
9/20/17

And they say they won't cancel a contract after I already paid 2300$..total $#*!ing rip off.i would never use their app I would NEVER EVER recommend this crap to ANYONE!

revbobc
9/8/17

Worst experience Ever!! They are so super scammy. Totally $#*!ed up my order. totally useless. I really want to take these guys to court.

marthab54
9/6/17

When asked why we are getting monthly bills from them, they said we signed up a year under them. When agreeing to listen to the recording they have, they either could not record it plain enough for me to hear the words or made it so that I could not hear it as they knew it's not my voice or what I said. I call them scammers, and will definitely NEVER recommend anyone there. It's a free world but when it comes to hard earned money it's not being handed out to some company who signs me up with no agreement from me.

mikeh348
9/5/17

One of the other reviews mentioned that YP cut and pasted there website. Well its true. This is what they did with mine and now charge me 500/mth. for what they consider good work. I've spent 3 months trying to sort out the mess they created. I have not received ONE phone from this YP campaign. They look good, smell good but are rotten on the inside. $6000.00 down the drain because I am unfortunately stuck in a 1 year contract. All I can say to others is," stay away and put your money to better use". Don't be fooled by the sales pitch.
Mike H.

tonyt78
8/30/17

Horrible. Worse than you can think. Terrible Business Ethics. Big fraud voice Recording contract. Biggest scam going. We would put a negative 5 star if possible. Should go out of Business for their Dirty Tactics...

joshuap53
8/17/17

I agree with others. Stay away from this place. They will take your money and keep charging you even after you get an ok to cxl the membership wit no other fees. Then send to collections after you paid up to date for another month they say you owe when you paid up to date. Then when you call for help you will get someone that is foren. That can't help you on the account or issues.

alexk130
8/15/17

Yellow Pages is a big scam, they keep on renewing our subscription even though they do not have our credit card on file or authorization from us to renew. We have tried to cancel it 10+ times just to be redirected to Client Retention team that still after 11 months somehow we end up getting bills from them. They say we have the right to charge you because it renews automatically (even though noone talked to them , signed anything or provided credit card in over 2 years!!!!)
The clicks to our website from Yellow pages that they charged us $5k+ in the last few years? Less than 200. Bunch of crooks if you ask me..

glenmorer
8/8/17

YP deserves a zero for their business practices!
They offer a terrible service, not worth the money then force you to be their customer through auto renewall process, then they pretend they can't cancel service.

Waste of money,
terrible service
Poor business practice

No wonder they arent on BBB or you cant review them on google business page.....it would be all bad!

Response from YP F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hello Glenmore, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to read that you are not satisfied with the service provided. Please be assured that quality customer service is a priority at Yellow Pages and this is not the kind of business we want to offer our clients. We urge you to send us your contact information (full name and number of business) and a recap of your current situation via email at the following address: digitalsupport@yp.ca

A member of our team will get back to you in the next few days. We would love to hear from you. Thank you.
jeffw111
8/2/17

A friend of mind pointed out a bad review when googling my business. I went to look and found it was true, but none of the names matched anyone we had ever worked for. It is quite apparent that the reviews were fake because of the language and bad grammar. Yellow Pages said they could not remove it because it didn't violate the rules. What rules? It only violates my business. JW.

timm311
7/28/17

Yellow Pages is HORRIBLE to deal with. They did a copy/cut/paste website that we built 1st, charged us for the 'work', did a video that my kids could have done better on that we told them NOT to use (which they promptly put up on the crappy website), then when we fired them for breach of contact they had the nerve to try to sue us over the balance of the contract, sending it to a collection agency that went behind the lawyers backs to get a judgement that had to be set aside. We hold on average the top 7 of 10 results when Googling our business name. When a potential customer clicks on our listing that we are supposed to have with the YPG the attached picture shows the message that this business listing no longer exists.
They are shady and dishonest. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH YPG!

Tip for consumers: If we could give a negative star review in any way, believe us, we would!

My son in high school was harassed by a telemarketer and said no. He created an IT website in HS for a class.Two months later I got an invoice for $57 month. I told them my son has a Communication Learning Disability, a Medical Disability and is being treated for PTSD. They refused to help. I will go to BBB and ask my lawyer. My son should have hung up but they coerced him and he was too young and naive to know better. Shame on them!!

By Jennifer D.

Questions? Get answers from the YellowPages.ca staff and other customers.

YellowPages.ca?