Review of Zulily

service@zulily.com

206 reviews with 4 stars

tamarar22
9/16/17

I've had a good experience with Zulily. I found that if you order cheaply priced stuff you will get something cheap. I order mid to higher prices for stuff and have been very pleased. Word of advice: if it says to hand wash-then hand wash it. Check the reviews and sizing info on every product and decide accordingly. I'm a regular shopper now

geraldiner9
9/7/17

For me at least..Great customer service, friendly & co-operative. Most items I've purchased are spot-on. Yes, I've had problems with size issues. But overall I am satisfied.

paulab77
9/6/17

Out of all the companies out there, Zulily is one you can trust to get your merchandise. I have been a customer for over three yrs. now. Customer service is great. Every now and then you will get someone that must be having a bad day, which we all have. Because I have never had a problem returning or exchanging things. Yes, the shipping does take some time, but look and see where the product is coming from. If the product doesn't match the description on the site and size is not what it is suppose to be. Then contact customer service, by phone or e-mail. I have never had any problem getting a response from customer service. E-mail take a day to get a response sometimes. But there is always someone there when you call.
Zulily is a company that is a honest and trustworthy company. I have no complaints with them. I have ordered quite a lot from Zulily and plan on continuing in the future.

lauriel37
8/30/17

Have been wanting to order from Zulily for quite some time, after reading what seemed like hundreds of reviews, I gave it a shot and I was surprised.

YES the shipping does take a very very long time because they item is shipped from the store it came from to the Zulily warehouse and then shipped out again, that being said do not order if you need something right away.

YES my item was exactly as described, same quality, brand, material, size. Why? RESEARCH. Read the reviews on items, look at the size chart and for the love of God do NOT order from a company if you have never heard of it. I ordered a pair of Fox leggings and was impressed.

I would definitely order from Zulily again, the prices are worth it if you can stand the wait!

roxyb5
8/27/17

Surfing through their catalogue is addicting with all the great items available. They do seem tunic obsessed, and their site is clever in that if you like something but don't buy right away the next time you go online to get it, it's gone. But don't fret, it does come back and price isn't hiked so it doesn't play like a cash grab. My first order took forever to come, my second was much faster. The quality of items were better than I expected, anyone disappointed perhaps the item was on the cheap side to begin with? As for size, it's online shopping ladies!! How many times have you been shopping at the mall and are you one size at one store and another size at a different store?? Cut them some slack! I find the size review handy (fits small, just right, etc). Overall I LOVE this site!!!

wendyn29
8/25/17

I've now ordered from them twice. The first time I got 4 dresses at about $10 each. They are super cute and comfortable, good quality, and fit as expected. Just ordered another top. It wasn't quite the color I expected, it's a little smaller than expected, and there's a minor spot I might sew up straight. Both times my order took 2-3 weeks to arrive. Based on all the bad reviews, I'll only purchase stuff from them that is very reasonably priced, that I wouldn't be terribly upset over if its not what I expect. My personal experience has been pleasant surprise though.

emilyw96
8/25/17

I ordered two tunics from zuli ly. Took a long time to arrive which was difficult for an Amazon Prime member. But the tunics are terrific, fit perfectly, and look beautiful. I will order more products from them when I don't need them quickly.

judyq1
8/22/17

It took a few weeks to receive but love my top. Good quality and comfort. No issues at all with the product.

lynns117
8/12/17

I just placed my first order and was impressed with the styles, variety and prices . After I ordered I looked for reviews on the company , I realize that wasn't the brightest idea after the fact. Many reviews were not good and Sadly I had already ordered 7 items! I expected my order within 2 weeks as they stated which was fair as I live in Canada. All the items were loose fitting tunics as not trying items on I knew I had a better chance of an appropriate fit , I read and double checked the size chart and information on material and sat back and crossed my fingers . I received my items 11 days later and was exactly what I ordered and the fit was perfect. The materials were a nice weigh and I washed all in cold water and laid to dry which I always do immediately with new clothes. No shrinkage or wrinkling perfect. Most of the items were highly reduced so I didn't expect a lot as generally you get what you pay for However the value was very good. I am Thrilled!! I will be ordering again soon and will stick with my formula of carefully reviewing all the information and staying away from fitted items. Love Zuilly!!

brendag22
7/1/17

I love this site - they have unique things and when they are in stock they are shipped very quickly. When they are part of an open collection it could take up to two months to receive what you order.
My only complaint is that their return policy keeps me from ordering more things. By the time you pay for shipping and restocking it is not worth it.

dm471
6/26/17

Excellent selection of curated items, most things for sale at a steal. Zulily is a convenient and easy way of being introduced to new and exciting companies and their products you might spend hours looking for yourself. Excellent array of sizes and styles to suit everyone. Customer service is top notch, and Zulily is incredibly flexible even with their no return policy on some items. They realise the consumer is taking a chance buying a final sale item, and therefore, are quick, professional, and friendly in making sure the customer is happy. Should your item be defective or not perform the way you expected, they are eager to make things right with you, no questions asked. Be prepared, however, to wait ...and wait...and wait...for your order. Patience is a virtue, and well worth it, when it comes to Zulily

marciap21
6/11/17

I order frequently from zulily.com In recent months the quality of the fabric and the workmanship of their clothing products has declined. The sizing is also not accurate. I must also mention that I have been very satisfied with their customer service. I have not had an issue with 85% of the merchandise I have ordered. You can confidently order with reservation. Look at the product carefully and read about the fabric. Jewelry is an iffy item on this site. Most that I have ordered looks very cheap. Give is a try as the prices are very competitive and the company is located in the USA not China.

kaylaf8
6/1/17

The only complaint is shipping time. It is slow. Probably the slowest I've ever waited. I had two items that weren't shipped and had to call customer serice. Seriously the nicest most refreshing call to a business in a LONG time. Brittany, the supervisor, explained everything very well and was extremely polite. Even gave me 10$ store credit because my items weren't shipped. I love the deals you find on items at this store. Definitely worth the wait!

angelem3
5/22/17

I ordered five pieces and received them all at once in one package and didn't take even a month to get to me ... I love all the pieces and fit just right. Just have to look at the size chart . I see a lot of negative about them but I would shop here again.

debraa38
5/20/17

I have to make myself not look at the site. Because I love so much of their merchandise! Yes. I know it can seem like forever to get your orders. But just be patient. They will arrive. And if Zulily can't get an item delivered because they can't get it from the seller, they will give you the choice of cancelling the order. And if Zulily cancels the order, they refund your money and give you credit. And yes, I believe the clothing runs small, just remember to order a larger size next time. Sometimes they will post that an item runs small and to order a size up. So far I think their clothes are beautiful. More so than in the pictures. And so far I haven't called to report an item I wasn't satisfied with, I understand they will refund your money and you can keep the item. What more could you ask for?? You can give that new item away as a gift to someone! As for the long wait for your items. I am old enough to remember it always took a few weeks to get an item you ordered. It never came in a day or two!! It's just that we want something "right this minute" in this day and age. So that's my finding and opinion. For what it's worth. Happy shopping!

pegw3
5/17/17

I read several bad reviews on Zulily which I was surprised about. I ordered three tops and although the quality is not totally great, it's reflected in the prices which are low. The fit is perfect

susane80
5/16/17

I have ordered from Zuily a number of times. Most of the time I've been happy with what I ordered. Recently, however, I ordered a pair of leggings and was very disappointed with them (they were hideous and didn't look like the picture). I contacted Zulily regarding a return -- and was very pleased with both how quickly they responded and their answer to my inquiry. They said they were sorry I was unhappy with my purchase -- and that I would receive a full refund (which I did). They also said not to bother returning the item -- to donate it.
The only negative about Zulily is the length of time it can take to get your order.

cathiep4
5/15/17

I have been ordering from zulily for about a year now. If you allow for 3 weeks shipping all is good. I am in Australia so I am ordering off season so that works fine for me. I have had no problems getting a credit for the couple of things I wasn't happy with. Most of it I love. i check sizing carefully, sometimes it is a little off, but once you start to know the brands it's easier to pick the right size. Ignore the suggested retail in most cases, I reckon its never worth that price. I pay $10aus for shipping and try to buy at least 4 things at once to make it viable. I find them a great way of getting brands I can't get otherwise

faithb15
5/15/17

I recently purchased clothes for my granddaughter through Zulily only to find out after the fact, that the items would not be shipping for almost a month. Absolutely ridiculous! I WOULD NOT order from this company again!!!!

lindac269
5/7/17

I learned the hard way on kids clothes - they seem to run small. I asked my daughter-in-law to just donate the clothing and learned to order a couple of sizes larger. They have also carried product where the FLASH SALE cost is actually the retail price (I am a sales rep and rep some of the products, so I know some of these wholesale costs). Not everything on their site is a deal. I continue to order from them, but products where I know it's a deal and I know the sizing.

julieb213
5/5/17

I've ordered a number of items from Zulily with absolutely no issues. The one time I needed to return an item I received a full store credit, though I did have to pay for shipping. Since then I have had absolutely no issues.

My only complaint is that it takes so long to get most items.

kristib27
4/27/17

I don't mind waiting for my items even though sometimes it takes forever but I hate the shipping charges. I only buy if I get free shipping. I would buy weekly if it was free shipping

deborahr61
4/25/17

The only items I have ordered from Zulily were Dept 56 snow babies. The shipping takes too long and one time I was surprised when I opened this too big of a box for the box inside. It had been jiggling around all the way across United States. There was a tiny piece broken. Customer Service was kind to me and credited make the cost except for shipping. The items had been on sale so it was a good. I would love to order clothes from them but I don't dare considering poor reviews.

haylies
4/19/17

It took me about three weeks to get my order. I knew this because I researched and saw they shipped from china first. I wasn't in a rush, so this didn't bother me.
Shipping was only $7 for 6 items, so I wouldn't say that it is rediculous.
I'm happy with most of my items. I am 5'9, so I knew that length would be an issue. I got mostly Tunics which will need leggings but are very comfy and have pockets! I got a romper that is a little short, but cute for beach days. Overall, I'm pleased with my experience.
Make sure you order in advance and remember that stuff from china does not do 'vanity sizing' like the states, so clothing will be on the small size.

shannonw47
3/22/17

I've placed quite a few orders on Zulily over the years, and my experience is good, as long as you do your research first.

First, unless you are ordering products marked "ready to ship", it is going to take awhile to get your stuff. They do mention that in the "about us" pages, for those who actually read that stuff.

Second, not everything is a great deal. The percent off listed on the site is off the MSRP, so you might be able to find the same or better deal elsewhere if you google the product.

Finally, stick to brands you recognize, or look the item up on Amazon and check the reviews. I've gotten name brand clothing and toys for my kids at huge discounts and been thrilled. I've skipped looking the product up and ordered some unknown brand t-shirts for myself, and they were total junk.

My summary? As long as you're willing to take five minutes and look the item up on Amazon to see what reviews it has, and what prices others are charging, you can get some really great stuff at a good price here.

Helpful answer

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. that something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A. on 4/21/16
Helpful answer

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t. on 8/6/16
Helpful answer

Nope....no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T. on 10/19/15
Helpful answer

It could be a week or it could be 3 months. But my advice would be not to order at all. The sizes are never right (a small may fit someone that wears a large or it may be too small for an infant) and the quality sucks (the fabric on a dress I bought is so thin you can see through 4 layers). STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! !!!!

By BJ H. on 11/11/15
Helpful answer

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H. on 10/29/15
Helpful answer

Wrong size, no return policy. Beware don't order from them

By Ann D. on 5/11/15
Helpful answer

Yes, it may take that long, but they are up front about that on the item description page. I have never had a problem with them.

By Laura M. on 9/24/15
Helpful answer

Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....

By Cathy R. on 5/17/16
Helpful answer

If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.

By Jon V. on 8/27/13
Helpful answer

As others have said, go to your account information and delete your information as to your email contact information. UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the page. ALSO DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

By Vanessa S. on 8/16/15
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

58 Photos for Zulily