Review of Zulily

Tel: (877) 779-5615 or (888) 826-6564
service@zulily.com

cardinalr
7/26/17

You cannot even access this site unless you give them a lot of info upfront. Their ads are nothing but click-bait and I'm tired of companies trying to convince me they're "exclusive" and you have to join or "become a member" to shop their site. These butt-clowns won't see a penny of my money because I feel they're acting very sketchy with their tactics.

If you REALLY wanted my business and not just my data, you'd let me shop your site without all the B.S. This company SUCKS right off the bat!

sonias50
jake s.
7/26/17

I ordered 5 items and kept 2. I kept two of the items because they were different but can't say the quality was great. As for the 3 items I did return, two were the same top but different colors, however, I received them both in the same color (which didn't really matter since the quality was terrible). The 3rd item was a tote which looked really cheap.
I was told to send the items back via UPS and submit the receipt for reimbursement and am now told they will only refund half of the amount! They did give me a small credit towards a future purchase but I don't think I'll be buying from them again.
Also, they are not very friendly or helpful.

sallyk27
7/25/17

I ordered 1000 thread count Symphony Sheets. Maybe 1000 per square foot! Walmart's 200 thread count are better. Will never order from them again!!

mev10
7/25/17

Horrible experience!!!!!! BE AWARE!!!!!Bought a comforter set for my daughter. The expected arrival date was the day I received an email that they hadn't shipped it. I called a couple of days later thinking it surely would ship because the email did not state it was out of stock or on back order. Reading on down into the email it said if you don't receive it after 30 days you can call to get a credit. I called 6 days after expected delivery date. Spoke to a rep on the phone and they didn't know what was going on and told me I can get a credit back which will take 7 to 10 business days. I asked to speak to a manager to find out why I wasn't notified that it was out of sock/back order or why they didn't state that in my email. The RUDEST person named Tanea insulted me, faulted me, argued with me and put me on mute and was laughing at me with her co workers as she clicked me off mute to soon and I heard them. She continued on with her unprofessional attitude and refused to credit me back because I asked to speak to her boss. THIS COMPANY FALSE ADVERTISES MERCHANDISE THAT THEY CAN NOT GUARANTEE BECAUSE THEY DEAL WITH THOUSANDS OF OUTSIDE VENDERS THAT THEY CAN NOT CONTACT IN A TIMELY MANNER!!!! For them to contact the vender and get a response it takes at least 10 days!!! My child's room is tore apart, no furniture, flooring on hold, paint can't be started because we still have no comforter to match colors and school starts in two weeks!!!! This was a summer project that turned into a NIGHTMARE!!! Thank you for the wonderful experience Zulily!!!!! You might want to take the time to fine tune the quality of employees that are on the phones and re evaluate who you award "manager". For these employees are on the front lines and are a HUGE reflection of your company!!!!!!

jayg77
7/24/17

TOTAL GARBAGE MERCHANDISE! AND DON'T BELIEVE THE BULL$#*! "CUSTOMER SERVICE" MESSAGES ON THE Z WEBSITE: "WE WANT TO MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS" AND "WE WANT YOU TO BE DELIGHTED." HA! BUYER BEWARE!!!! THE REAL MESSAGE SHOULD BE "WE WILL SEND YOU CRAP AND ONCE WE HAVE YOUR MONEY, WE ARE KEEPING IT -- NO EXCEPTIONS! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! IF YOU WANT TO WASTE YOUR MONEY, JUST GO OUT AND BURY IT IN THE BACKYARD...

sharonm224
7/23/17

I have ordered three items from Zulily and have been quite pleased with all 3. It takes a while to receive the orders, but they provide updates on your transaction. Quality was great; price was great. Easy ordering. Great.

vivianp14
7/23/17

Sometimes problems with an order arise. Trying to get it addressed by customer service is hopeless. The don't connect with rep on chat, don't answer the phone and if they bother to respond at all it is with a message that has nothing to do with the message I sent.

paulinen10
7/21/17

How could I have never heard how terrible this company's policies are?! Why is this not better known? I see them advertising all the time and some of the stuff looks sorta cute. I have gotten casual about ordering stuff because I've never heard of a company that literally straight up offers no refund AND NO EXCHANGES. Both tops are made of crappy cheap horrible fabric, and don't fit. Straight to a charity shop. Lesson learned.

lylliamn
7/21/17

I just stupidly bought 8 tops from Zulily... just got them... the material is awful but the pictures are awesome.. big mistake didn't know! I'll give my tops away to someone that may need them... not happy at all with their merchandise! Ugly low class material! Very sad... please stay away from Zulily I will never order from them again! Done! Done! Done!

amieev
7/20/17

But, I did get those rose gold earrings. they won't take back eye palettes even admitted mistake . I will get to keep palettes sell them on Letsgo app. Get the credit
on them.

sandrar118
7/20/17

Bought two Sesame Street Reusable shopping bags, originally 20.00 each on sale for 5. And the result? The cheesiest, poor quality-cant use it, so poorly made it rips.
And Zullily wants me to print a shipping label and the email, go and have it shipped back and possibly pay a restocking fee! No quality, what a rip off, and you wait for so long for poor quality that you would have to jump thru hoops to return.
Avoid this place!

donnal126
7/20/17

Was just about to order 3 dresses. Changed my mind after reading these horrible reviews. Such a shame. Thanks for all the heads up reviews!

janh91
7/19/17

When the ad came over the computer, a darling maternity top was pictured. My granddaughter thought it was really cute. I went to buy it and it was not available.
WHY PUT A PICTURE OF SOMETHING IN YOUR AD THAT WE CAN'T BUY. I'll
try another company instead.

jh - fci

vanessam81
7/19/17

I was taken in by the beautiful pictures and stylish styles. Oh my, the actual products were so cheap! This is literally a place for very very cheap China products. Suzanne Betro line is shipped directly from China. I spent a few thousand dollars because I had been out of work for so long and had not been able to buy anything for a few years so I desperately needed clothes for my new job. I was so excited until I received the clothes and jewelry. I feel so sick that I trusted them and spent so much hard earned money. I can't wear any of these clothes to work! The suggested retail prices they show are not real. The fabric and workmanship is super cheap!!!! Seriously don't be taken in by the deceptively low prices and beautiful pictures. Because you can't return anything there is no incentive for the brands to make quality products. I submitted reviews for the products on Zulily but can't find any reviews posted any where. Don't trust them you will be disappointed.

lk73
7/19/17

I do all my shopping online for me and family. A friend said to try Zulily so I did over last 6 months.
Each and every order has had problems and then they tell me I can return and will charge shipping and restocking fees and then balance as store credit! Really???
To namr a few issues: they sent wrong items, different size than ordered, misrepresented sizing where 1 will be OK and then next will be too big or too small from same manufacturer and then it is my problem to bear?
We are in the USA and it is not a "Buyer Beware" country! Don't see them being around much longer with all the complaints I see on this site and others.

susanf145
7/17/17

I spend a lot of money on Zulily. I love the selection of products, and have grown accustomed to their wacky slow delivery system, but I am furious today because I have to make a trip to FedEx to return an incorrect item. Packing slip in box was correct - 2 cat puzzles, but box contained 1 cat and 1 dog. 2 years ago, they would have refunded my money immediately, given me $5 credit and told me to keep the dog puzzle because it was totally their fault. One year ago, they would have done the same thing after I emailed a photo for proof. Today, I have to go to FedEx and send it back (a BIG hassle for me, even tho they are paying shipping), no refund until it is received and processed, and I had to ask for the $5- which is not enough to offset my time and trouble to fix THEIR MISTAKE! Plus I have to wait and see if they offer the cat puzzle again to get the other one I need for a gift. I am so mad that I decided not to buy the things I had in my cart before I called customer service.

Tip for consumers: Pray they don't screw up your order, because if they do, YOU bear the consequences, not them.

amyl169
7/17/17

Recently Zulily has been advertising that some items are eligible for return which was, I thought, a break from their usual no return policy. When referring to items being eligible for return, it says on the website, "Return shipping charges may apply." Well, that sounds reasonable. Right? That's what I thought. Until today when I requested to return 2 shirts I'd ordered, which were way too small because they misrepresented the sizing. I would normally wear a small in every other brand. From experience, I've learned to size up with Zulily. I ordered both shirts in a medium, and both were too small. One was like an XXS. In requesting the return, and printing the return label, it had the price of the item, minus an $8.95 restocking fee, and a $5.95 charge for the return label FOR EACH SHIRT! One of the shirts was $14.99, so if I returned it, I would've basically been paying them to take the shirt back. The restocking fee alone is over 50% of the cost of the shirt to begin with. The other shirt was $29.99. But to return both shirts I'd have to pay $30 in restocking fees and return shipping. So I'd be paying $30 to return $45 worth of shirts. Does that make sense to anyone? These shirts weighed probably 3 ounces a piece. They're going to the same place. Why would I need to pay two separate shipping charges, and why does it cost nearly $9 to restock a $14.99 shirt? They are pocketing a large portion of the return shipping and restocking fees and price gouging the consumer. They also wanted it returned by 7/27/17 (Today is 7/17/17), although it takes over a month to get orders from them most of the time. I had several email exchanges with customer service reps. None were helpful. They said, "I'd love to explain to you why we do this. We are trying to make things more convenient for the customer by offering returns like other online stores." Give me a break! Convenient? I have spent thousands of dollars with this company, and they're going to charge me $30 to return 2 shirts, and insult me by saying it's in the name of convenience? KMA Zulily! I will not spend one more cent on the made in China crap you sell! And I will make sure everyone knows about it!

breezes
7/17/17

You wait longer with Zulily than any other on-line company. Customer service is a joke that really isnt funny. One out of Seven times you may get sincere service. The rest have been mechanical and rude. One customer service representative claimed their hands were tied before even hearing me out. First issue, after thousands spent, was a jar of face cream that had been used before it arrived. Second, I bought 3 articles of clothing that didn't ship when expected, (3 weeks from when I paid for them). These items sold out but before I recieved the ones I had paid for, Zulily was promoting sale of the same items and seller again on-line. Super frustrating and just plain bad business!! Third and final, I just recieved my last purchased item in the mail. After waiting 30 days for this product, it came in the wrong color. Now I have to send it back, wait for the return to my account THEN they will allow me to close my account. Ordering from China is quicker than Zulily. Boooooo, Zulily! You just lost another good customer. Bye, Felicia!!! Helloooooo Amazon!

ceceliam9
7/17/17

have ordered several times from this site almost daily shipping can take a long time but no problems with quality had one order with piece missing they are replacing it need to stay off site its breaking my budget :)

sharons229
7/17/17

Zulily is by far and away the slowest online store for getting the items you purchased actually to you. I ordered something they advertised as in stock on July 7th and it won't be ready for delivery till August 7th. They have an online store but apparently have devised a way to make it slower than pony express. I will never shop on this site again what a huge joke this online store is. Hopefully they stay in business long enough to ship my stuff to me. Didn't even have any concept that an online store could be this slow in delivery. Unbelievable.... but believe it. Buy your winter stuff now because it may actually ship to you by winter. Crappy store.

reny4
7/16/17

Zuliliy people I was going to buy some stuff but I have been reading this terrible revives. I will never order from you

ilisab
7/15/17

I was a long time customer of Zuiliy until I ordered 2 Reebok shorts for my daughter. Both shorts were the same size and the measurements for the sizes were exactly the same. When my daughter tried on both shorts one pair fits her and one pair was a little small. When I requested a return shipping label on a product they MISREPRESENTED on sizing they wanted to charge me $5 restocking fee and shipping label. I let them know that they lost a customer who has spent thousands of dollars on the site because I was being nickel and dimed. I am taking my business to 6PM.COM.

erinc79
7/14/17

I've had rings with loose stones. Curtains for 4 windows all soiled. Now I buy makeup that Expires on 9/17!
This company had some good quality stuff in the beginning of their business. Not anymore. Deleting the App off my phone asap!!!

pate54
7/14/17

SIZNG IS INCORRECT (MUST FIT SOMEONE OTHER THAN NORMAL PEOPLE). READ BEFORE ORDERING B/C THEY DON'T DO REFUNDS AND IF THEY DO IT IS ONLY GOOD IN THEIR STORE AND THEN THEY DON'T GIVE YOU THE FULL VALUE OF THE ITEM YOU RETURNED. WHOO HOO, THEY DID SEND YOU A RETURN LABEL SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR SHIPPING THE ITEM BACK BUT THEN TAKE HALF OF WHAT YOU PAID FOR AN ITEM AND GIVE CREDIT. I AM TOTALY RESPONSIBLE FOR NOT READING THE FINE PRINT AND HAVE BEEN TAUGHT A LESSON. I JUST DID NOT WANT ANYONE ELSE TO GET RIPPED OFF.

elanah
7/13/17

Worst service that takes forever. They sent me the wrong item and have ruined my daughter's birthday as a result.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. that something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A. on 4/21/16
Helpful answer

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t. on 8/6/16
Helpful answer

Nope....no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T. on 10/19/15
Helpful answer

It could be a week or it could be 3 months. But my advice would be not to order at all. The sizes are never right (a small may fit someone that wears a large or it may be too small for an infant) and the quality sucks (the fabric on a dress I bought is so thin you can see through 4 layers). STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! !!!!

By BJ H. on 11/11/15
Helpful answer

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H. on 10/29/15
Helpful answer

Wrong size, no return policy. Beware don't order from them

By Ann D. on 5/11/15
Helpful answer

Yes, it may take that long, but they are up front about that on the item description page. I have never had a problem with them.

By Laura M. on 9/24/15
Helpful answer

Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....

By Cathy R. on 5/17/16
Helpful answer

If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.

By Jon V. on 8/27/13
Helpful answer

As others have said, go to your account information and delete your information as to your email contact information. UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the page. ALSO DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

By Vanessa S. on 8/16/15
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

58 Photos for Zulily