Review of Zulily

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

margoa5
3/13/17

Used to be a good place to shop. Not anymore. First of all, if you want something within a reasonable timeframe you have to order from their "Ready to Ship" category which more than likely means stuff that's been returned because they do NOT warehouse any of the mdse they front on their site. They wait until they have their whole order together from customers, then THEY order the stuff, it comes to them and then THEY RE-SHIP IT OUT TO CUSTOMERS. It is now taking a month to get anything you order. Used to be quicker. You can't return anything. I bought a pair of rainboots for my granddaughter couple years ago and they came alright, but one boot a size 9 and one a size 13. Crock. Nice website, some stuff is okay but honestly, I just google the stuff and get the brand name and see if I can get it from Amazon free ship in 2 days. Perfume deals are good. Clothes suck quality-wise, and if you don't mind waiting FOREVER for your stuff some of the hard goods are nice. Oh, and it USED to be BARGAINS! Now they are featuring handbags for $1,000 to $2,000. As I said on their FB page, if I had THAT kind of money I wouldn't be shopping online at your store, I'd be taking my limo to Saks......not worth it anymore. Sad. It used to be good.

susiec14
3/12/17

Cheap & poor quality material & workmanship . I order a lot from them . When I received the items, it's all trash . It's a waste of money. Never never buy from this site. You will regret it.

lorrainey
3/11/17

Have ordered only a few items and thankfully not anything very expensive. Most expensive item was a pair of Ecco sneakers which run about 100 plus $$ the pair I received was 40 bucks for what thought I was a good deal I know the sizing well I have some in my closet. These were too small and sooo cheaply made. What a waste of money! This brand is excellent quality so i am pretty sure these are knock offs. Also bought some pans that were completely different from pic shown on site. Cutting my losses due to crappy return policy and I think the company counts on that BUT how can a co stay in business doing business this way. I will not be shopping this site again! There are way too many other ligit company out there to buy from. It is hit and miss on quality of merchandise .... No thank you

shaza12
3/10/17

When I first started shopping from Zulily a year or more ago, they were pretty good. Now, about 50% of my orders are broken, missing items, have very low quality goods ( i.e. shirts you can see through because fabric is so thin, that aren't marked as sheer or supposed to be a sheer type shirt)

I don't know if they got too big or what. Right now I am trying to get a refund on something that had 8 parts, and only 6 arrived. Taken a month so far. :( really hit or miss these days with Zulily and their quality can't be depended upon.

ruthz10
3/9/17

I have placed a dozen or more orders with Zulily. Several were never shipped. I did get a refund, but how ridiculous is it for a company to have such a poor ability to fill orders?
Another complaint is incorrect sizing information on many items. I once ordered two dresses which were no where near the measurements listed on the sale. I ended up giving them away because of the difficulty in trying to get a refund from the company.
Yes, good deals can be found on the site. Are they worth it? Not in my experience.
There are other, more reliable ways to score a good deal. Until Zulily cleans up its act, I won't be a customer nor will I encourage anyone else to try them.

yvonneb45
3/8/17

Ordered a few children items that came broken in mail and product was cheap. Had a hard time returning items, gave up and will not shop ever again

susant125
3/8/17

I'm still not sure if they do sell second's instead of first quality. I have ordered many items from them and when I get them I can tell they are not top quality. I think they should at least state it the items are seconds. As far as clothes I won't order anymore due to the quality. It's very miss leading when you do find an item and when you get it, it's poor quality. And it takes forever to get those items.

debrao8
3/7/17

no, looking at your reviews, not really good. thanks anyway will not be ordering from your site until i see a noticible change in the reviews

lf43
3/7/17

I have been suckered into buying products which are very poor quality, poor fabric and they featured plus size models. I was at first pleased with my purchases. At the 4 product it is just a series of depressing deliveries, shoddy workmanship, some items were just buddled into the zulily shipping like they had been taken from a refuse bin or rag bag.

stephaniem174
3/7/17

Takes forever to receive items. Some items you can review on this site, some you can't. Some items you can return, some you can't. Providing feedback is an email that gets you a "your service is important to us" and no action of any sort. When your feedback and questions get too difficult they stop writing you back. I literally had an item for 5 minutes before it broke. Some items are good. You're just really taking a chance using this site.

nosrate
3/7/17

Don't buy from this site, they sell cheap Chinese product like dollar store !
specially the shoes, they are copy of the good brand shoes without the quiality, made of hard plastic,suppose to be leather!! you can't get hold of anyone directly to complain or return them.
stay away, don't get ripped off ! I think this site is owned by one of the guys from down town LA..

debs65
3/6/17

I could swear the site said I'd receive my order mid month. I checked to see if it had shipped and the site now says my items will ship at the end of the month...Now I take the time to read the reviews and it appears that I just blew a bunch of money on low quality clothes from China. I'' revise if I get surprised by receiving better than I'm now expecting..

tarrad
3/6/17

Zulily can be hit or miss. After my first order took a month to arrive, I did some research and found that they do not have a warehouse where inventory is kept on hand. Once a sale finishes, they submit the order to the supplier for that sale. Those items have to ship to Zulily before Zulily can ship them to the customer. If you know that going in, it's much less nerve-wracking to have to wait.
As for quality, I've found it best to stick to brands I know. The no-name clothing can be really cheaply made. However, there are great deals to be found on a lot of brands I like - Under Armour, Bogs, Aventura, Asic, Silver jeans, Miss Me, etc. If you know what size you need (returns typically aren't accepted), there are some good finds.

melissab151
3/6/17

Ordered Feb 24, said 3 of 4 items were in stock and should arrive March 4. I sent an email on March 6, asking about status and asked if I could decline order.... Just asked, via email. Without any response, I received msg through IM on FB with a refund which would not have been a big deal if it was not a birthday gift for my 7 year old child.... Then I requested via IM that a CSR call me and rec'd a msg that they were too busy. When I called items I had ordered were no longer in stock. Management sent 2 of the 4 items without cost; however, it was not the dollie and me that my daughter picked out online. Will no longer use them. This time they reported that they were shipping all items together where as in the past, they have sent one item at a time.

wendyw83
3/6/17

I used to love this company. If you read the small print, they are a middleman company and they state that they take a while to ship, so I expected that.
However as of late, their products are grossly misrepresented on their website, you have to fight to return something when they give you the least possible information about the item and how it fits. They (customer service reps) have access to some product information via return feedback, but they do not post product reviews for the consumer to read - which is total BS in my opinion. You can get your money refunded to your original form of payment if you are prepared for a huge fight... But I'm just done with this company. Their clothing (unless it's a brand name that you know, and a lot of time you'll get what is likely considered an irregular item) is cheap and tacky and is NOT representative of what you see in the picture online. Most of those items, I'm quite sure, have been tailored or pinned to fit the model and look flattering.
Basically, even though some of their home items aren't bad - and different than what you usually see in stores, their clothing is iffy at best and their customer service - while their reps are generally nice - their policies are the worst. I've been shopping with Zuiliy for years and I can say without a doubt - I'M FINISHED WITH THEIR NONSENSE.
And Zulily, if you happen to read this - get a new on-hold song. The only one that you play is maddingly annoying!

sharj4
3/6/17

Quick to charge your account with no ship date in sight. Lied about arrival date. Items received were disappointing. Not trustworthy.

sharons203
3/5/17

Placed an order on 3 Feb and the final piece arrived on 3 March. They didn't have items in stock (which they did not bother to mention). Final item was shipped directly to me from China which, I guess, is where this company is based. Products are of fair quality. I have learned my lesson and will stay away from Zulily no matter how tempting their ads.

trant12
3/4/17

if you are reading my review before buying anything from Zulily, you are lucky. Please stay away from this $#*! company.
HORRIBLE, SCAM, RIDICULOUS is all I can say about this $#*! service.
- Why Horrible? The delivery is very slow, I ordered on 6 Feb, they split my order into 2 separate package and it took one month to completely deliver.
- Why Scam? I ordered one watch. They sent one watch box. but THEY SENT EMPTY WATCH BOX? Can you believe this?
- Why Ridiculous? I took a pictures of empty, damaged, scratched box and sent them, request a proper explanation from them. But they just ignore it, no single word of explanation given.

theresas52
3/3/17

waiting for your order. I placed my order on 2-10-17 and when I received the estimated shipping dates via email, I blew a gasket. Half the order arrived 15 days later after I complained. The rest I am still waiting for and they will probably be here close to the one month mark. The two baby onesies I received are constructed of very cheap fabric and NOT worth $11.99 each. Stick to Carters and go to your local JCPenney or Kohls and buy on sale. This stuff is crap.

phyllisb18
3/3/17

If only I had found these reviews first. They are conveniently NOT with the items to order. When I received the awful tunic ( which is nothing like the picture shown), then I found the reviews totally separate from the pictures and read your comments about the poor quality, etc. of your purchases. The cable-knit side pocket is see-thru and cheap looking. It sags and the neckline is very wide. I don,t think I will ever wear it, so I wasted $40!!!!

leal19
3/3/17

Read reviews before buying and don't expect easy returns, it's not, and if they do they will give you a store credit only. The clothes I ordered were very cheap looking and the fit was very small. I have kissed my money goodbye apparently, I will not buy from them again. Maybe their kids clothes are great but the plus women's clothes are not. Use caution. Especially regarding returns.

angiec41
3/2/17

I have been using the Zulily site since 2011. Zulily offer unique items exclusively for Babies, Maternity Wear, Everyday Female attire, jewelry, some household Merchandise and even Men's shoes. I have been please shopping with Zulily. The Customer Service call center is easy to access. No long waits on hold. Customer Service is available, professional, friendly and shows genuine effort to offer store credit or full refund if my merchandise is lost, damaged in transit, or defective. This site offers me opportunity to shop without any inconvenience of locating my receipts if I need Customer Service. The quality of 98% of all my purchases is Awesome. I recommend this trusted site. Angie from California.

lackeys
3/1/17

Please don't waste your time or money on clothing from Zulily. Their descriptions do not match the actual item. I have seen better quality in the cheapest department stores. The tunic I ordered looked like a flannel pajama top and the top stitching was crooked and loose and the armhole seams were pulling loose. It is hard to believe they can stay in business.

amberc43
2/28/17

I order several things from here but never again I ordered two pairs or yoga pants mediums both fit like extra smalls in women's at that.... bought two coats largest fits like a small also cheap fabric came with strings hanging basically cheaply made. Not worth the long shipping wait or money

pattym35
2/28/17

Unfortunately, I always find something I find something to buy and I HAVE to buy it. Explain that to my budget! Actually, great clothes, great prices...you can't lose. They also sell shoes and lots of other cool stuff. Not cookie cutter Walmart stuff.

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

260 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 week, 3 days ago
Answer
katherinem24
Katherine M.
A: Call PayPal your order should be protected they can help
2 days, 23 hours ago