Review of Zulily

Tel: (877) 779-5615 or (888) 826-6564
service@zulily.com

cuddlek
5/2/17

Their new return policy completely sucks and screws the customer. I tried to return a shirt and was going to get a .04 credit. I would rather give it to my local Salvation Army and take the tax credit which would be more! Customer service sucks and you can get the same stuff on Amazon for the same price---they have no special discounts.

ellenc49
5/2/17

Apparently when I signed up to have an account there - I gave up my right to get a credit other than store credit when I return something. I would give them no stars for this practice. How can one tell the quality of an item without a retail space or the ability to return something. Ugh I thought they were a reputable online retailer - apparently not.

bonnies87
5/2/17

I've ordered from ,Zulily 3 times , 1 of those times was an order that I didn't confirm but was processed before I realized the website no longer requires confirmation. In other words, do not complete information until you are absolutely certain the order is correct!!! I'm done...they take your payment quickly but it takes weeks to receive product from them.

jotys
5/2/17

I would not use them based on the reviews. Thank-you for saving me the trouble. I'm sick of online buys and returns the fuss and trouble. So many rubbish sites following no rules they should be shut down.

renat146
5/1/17

DO NOT shop at this site!!! I ordered three pairs of shoes - all the same size. Two were too big and one was too small - none of them fit. When I called to ask about a return credit, I found they have a $5.95 fee for a shipping label and a $5.00 fee for restocking of each item. After all that work, I would end up with a very small store credit. My goodness....this should really be illegal. Of course, if you went to their information page, you might have been able to read the small print and figure this out. Unfortunately, l didn't do that or check this website beforehand. I personally could not even work for a company run this way but it appears to be the way things are going in this country...

kayl750
5/1/17

I ordered maybe 15 items, I am still receiving more. If I find anymore packageso delivered to my door I'm gonna scream. Sizes unpredictable. Amongst other things. What causes this? Are they sending additional product. Like saved or wait list??? Make it stop!!! Never again will I order. I'm so way done.

nicolec128
5/1/17

I received a clearly damaged ottoman from Zulily on 4/7/17. I contacted their customer service team via email on 4/9/17 and explained the damage. From 4/13-4/17 the only response I was receiving was that their Resolutions Team was working on the issue. Finally heard from that team via email on 4/18/17 requesting photos of the damage so they can send to the vendor. I sent several quality photos on 4/18/17. I continued to follow up and then on 4/24 I was informed that I "can't rush the vendor" and that I needed to "allow 7-10 business days from the date the photos were sent" (4/18/17) to allow the vendor enough time to handle the request for return/refund. It has now been 10 business days and no resolution in sight. On top of all of this, the dimensions for the ottoman were incorrect and then when I try to view the item on their site I receive an error stating the page cannot be foundhow convenient.

Tip for consumers: Don't purchase from them. Period.

staceyc40
4/30/17

Found same rug I saw on Zulily at Home Depot, price comparable with no shipping charge if pick up at HD. Also Zulily web site is hard to navigate, I can find things on the ap, but not on the website. Saw all horrible reviews with items not being delivered, staying away from this one.

julies173
4/29/17

Yes the shipping is getting out of hand, and I shopped several times per week from Zulily. Then, items began arriving damaged or totally broken. After much complaining and relentless emails, they cleared up one order. However, I'm waiting om 3 other items that arrived broken, and one I never received! I can wait for my items, but when they jack up the shipping AND your items arrive broken, I'm just DONE!!

pamh58
4/29/17

Placed an order April 14th to be delivered April 26th, still waiting..............and now one of my items no longer even has an estimated delivery date.......i called zulily and they said they can't even give me a ETA... This was my first order, also! Kind of leaves a bad first impression.

torekap
4/28/17

Okay, I've been ordering from this site for over a year. I've mostly been satisfied with all of my purchases. Different places provide the items they sell so sizing for clothing and shoes can vary. It's important to check the sizing chart each time. Also I've learned which brands are better than others. I absolutely love my dresses, jeans, and purses I've gotten from there.

kristib27
4/27/17

I don't mind waiting for my items even though sometimes it takes forever but I hate the shipping charges. I only buy if I get free shipping. I would buy weekly if it was free shipping

mischas1
4/26/17

First and only time I have ever ordered from Zulily. Items were never shipped to me and Zulily said they could not reach the vendor to find out when the items would be sent to Zulily. I was given the option to wait 30 days to see if the vendor responds to Zulily or cancel the order. Not impressed at all. Cancelled the order and will never order again.

tinas121
4/25/17

I order three scrubs set the first set my top wasn't complete my sleeve wasn't sew. The second I wore it to work and went to the restroom My pants fell apart the third one the top was stitch on one sleeve and the other wasn't. Poor quantity and you get what you pay for I will never order anything else.

deborahu3
4/25/17

1. I ordered several pairs of shoes that sort of fit. But they are a wear one night and hope they don't fall apart until you get home shoe. They'll have to do something about one pair though as the base of shoe is curved so improperly that when you put it on only about 1/4 of your foot is on shoe, the rest of your foot hangs over the edge. This is actually DANGEROUS as it destroys your balance.

2. The next transgression is the mini blacklight sold with other children's things. The ad says " For children 8 and above". And it is made by a company called TOYSMITH. The box itself is one big warning label. "THIS IS NOT A TOY". "WARNING; This product is not a toy; Do not use in or near water; Risk of electrical shock exists "and once again, "Keep out of reach of children". Does that say it all? Nope. It doesn't work!

3. I ordered two tops that were adorable in the pictures. The ad said slight variations in pattern may exist. You've probably seen it. It was an ad that followed me everywhere on the internet and I fell in love with it. Red tunic with a white, navy and light blue pattern on bottom of shirt and sleeves. Polyester and spandex and it looks light as a feather over jeans. NOT. First of all the blues are greens. Second, the fabric is SO heavy you could use it to recover your couch. Now, the one I just described is Haute Couture compared to the other one. Described as "Navy and Mint Geometric" the print again is arranged toward the bottom. CLOWN SUIT! First it is black and turquoise with orangey-gold curly cue embellishments around the shapes. Next the geometric shapes are BIG, BIGGER AND GINORMOUS. Lastly, (thank God, right?) the fabric is so heavy you could where it outside in an Alaskan winter with no coat and be sweating.

To all of you who read this, "Consumer Beware". If it sounds too good to be true, RUN. It's most obvious that they make a prototype with the right materials, made perfectly then photographed on thin, adorable young ladies.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is known as Bait and Switch and is FRAUD. I guess I'll forward this with a note and pictures to the FBI and FTC as mentioned below.

Have a wonderful day and I hope this gives you something to think about as well as a chuckle or two. Who knows? Maybe we'll get our money back!

Disclaimer: That one star at the top is one star too many. But they won't put your review up without one.

deborahr61
4/25/17

The only items I have ordered from Zulily were Dept 56 snow babies. The shipping takes too long and one time I was surprised when I opened this too big of a box for the box inside. It had been jiggling around all the way across United States. There was a tiny piece broken. Customer Service was kind to me and credited make the cost except for shipping. The items had been on sale so it was a good. I would love to order clothes from them but I don't dare considering poor reviews.

eb599
4/25/17

I bought an item that was advertised as maternity wear, and when it arrived it was blatantly obvious that it was NOT maternity wear. The customer service is AWFUL, basically nonexistent, and they would not grant me a full refund. They thought they were being SO kind for granting me permission to return the item, and they would subtract shipping/handling fees...leaving me with FOUR CENTS!
DO NOT SHOP WITH ZULILY!

samm716
4/25/17

I was just putting together an order of several linen dresses (made in Italy, according to the site). Then I decided to check out the reviews. Now, I will be reconsidering this order. I don't know if the Italian linen line is any better than other items, but I don't think I will take a chance. Sorry that you all have had such negative experiences. Thank goodness for reviewers!!

evalenah
4/25/17

the quality and sizes are so bad I'm totally done with buying anything from you, you get what you pay for, this is worse than that

barbarab232
4/24/17

They have changed in the last year or so. They rarely have more than one picture. No description other than hearts and flowers. The size charts are always incorrect. I ordered several large orders. They are all humongous. Doesn't matter who the vendors are. I discussed this with them they don't care. Yes they have added charges for returns restocking fees $2 and item to return and it is their fault. They don't care about talking to the vendor about their size charts they say it is there business. And they're very disorganized. Once I'm done with this return business I'm done with them!

gaylel11
4/24/17

Ordered for the first time, using the size charts provided. !st blouse came and the top part was too big. Called to return. Was informed that I would receive HALF the original cost upon return, as there is a 50% re-stocking fee. I returned it. 8 days later tracking number on label showed no info. I emailed asking when to expect refund on my card. No reply. Today, nearly 2 weeks later, I called. A CREDIT had been issued for the 50% value; this company does NOT refund your payment. I spoke to a supervisor who said nothing could be done. I ordered a 2nd blouse with the 1st which I received; does not fit well; but no use returning as I can get nothing back for it. Absolutely the most terrible "refund" policy I have experienced and very non-responsive to the customer. I honestly don't know how they are in business, except that many people like myself must order once and then never again! I could not work for such an unfriendly to the customer company. Really TERRIBLE.

susanh238
4/24/17

This is the worst experience ever. I'm so disappointed. All the cloths are way too small. Shipped me stuff I never ordered and it all awful. Should of read these reviews first then I ever would of wasted my money.return, yagi right to china.DON'T ORDER FROM THIS RIPOFF COMPANY.

nancyk82
4/23/17

I was unaware my purchases were coming from China...no where did i see that. I ordered 4/7...several shirts...2 was delivered and for the proce i was sadly disappointed. I ordered by the size chart, which concerned me as i had to order a 1X...and i am not any more than a large. One of the shirts dies not fit across my hips, the other is wayyy too big. I have learned a valuable lesson...never order from this company, ever!!..i am still waiting on my other deliveries, they show they are still in China...so done!!! This is why i cant do a teturn because my stress level will not work for me, can you imagine returning an item?? No!!

katherinem24
4/23/17

I'm saw zulily on Facebook I thought I'd give them a try I have never purchased anything before from them

So I ordered two tops both small . Arrived yesterday the small was huge and the other one was a small plus did not try it on .

Though t no problem I thought. Well actually it was no a good experience. They said yes they would send me a return l about l e but the catch I'd have to pay $5 . My purchase total was $33 plus $3 shipping so total was $36 well they said I could only get $16 back and not to my account the $16 was only for zuilily purchase credit. REALLY ....what is fair about that so if m lucky ill find something for the exact amount they think I deserve a whopping $16 from $36. And then I order again only to pay shipping costs. Poor customers service ripoff to consumers it should be illegal I don't know how a company like that stays in business. I will NEVER purchase anything from them .

nancyet
4/22/17

After reading the reviews of Zulily I 'll opt out of buying from them .Thank you to those who reviewed this company I took on board all positives and negatives and there are far too many negative views for me Thank you reviewers Zulily will not get an order from me

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. that something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A. on 4/21/16
Helpful answer

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t. on 8/6/16
Helpful answer

Nope....no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T. on 10/19/15
Helpful answer

It could be a week or it could be 3 months. But my advice would be not to order at all. The sizes are never right (a small may fit someone that wears a large or it may be too small for an infant) and the quality sucks (the fabric on a dress I bought is so thin you can see through 4 layers). STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! !!!!

By BJ H. on 11/11/15
Helpful answer

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H. on 10/29/15
Helpful answer

Wrong size, no return policy. Beware don't order from them

By Ann D. on 5/11/15
Helpful answer

Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....

By Cathy R. on 5/17/16
Helpful answer

Yes, it may take that long, but they are up front about that on the item description page. I have never had a problem with them.

By Laura M. on 9/24/15
Helpful answer

If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.

By Jon V. on 8/27/13
Helpful answer

As others have said, go to your account information and delete your information as to your email contact information. UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the page. ALSO DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

By Vanessa S. on 8/16/15
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

57 Photos for Zulily