Review of Zulily

Tel: (877) 779-5615 or (888) 826-6564
service@zulily.com

donnaj26
6/14/17

I ordered 2 pair of shoes on 5-23-17 and I am still waiting. Zulily still hasn't shipped them according to my order information. It also says the approx. ship date is 6-16-17. I don't understanding why it takes so long to get an order. There is no explanation for the delay in shipment. I can get a shipment from Amazon in 2 days, why does it take 3 weeks for Zulily to even ship and item? I'm not sure I will order from them again.

adelaider
6/13/17

I've had several items received that were incorrectly size labeled, defective or simply junk. They refuse all swimwear (even with tags) & require you pay $5.95 & $2.00 to return. They could care less if you have an issue. Horrible experience.

marm28
6/12/17

Worse place to shop. Takes too long to receive your order (like a month). And they always send you damaged or wrong size and they don't do returns. Very bad management and customer service. Will NEVER shop from them.

marciap21
6/11/17

I order frequently from zulily.com In recent months the quality of the fabric and the workmanship of their clothing products has declined. The sizing is also not accurate. I must also mention that I have been very satisfied with their customer service. I have not had an issue with 85% of the merchandise I have ordered. You can confidently order with reservation. Look at the product carefully and read about the fabric. Jewelry is an iffy item on this site. Most that I have ordered looks very cheap. Give is a try as the prices are very competitive and the company is located in the USA not China.

tamir29
6/11/17

My "expensive" cheap ass Chinese shoes arrived broken. I cannot find a way to get a refund, they asked for a phot `I sent them one. Now they are radio silent. DO NOT BUY. You are giving your money to a scam. Nothing I have purchased it worthwhile, all scum cheapass $#*!

bevg9
6/10/17

They are upfront about how long the items take. I don't mind. If I need something within a couple days, I just go to a local store. I have probably made over 50 purchases over the last few years and maybe 3 times had a problem with the product. Each time customer service has been excellent by giving me 100% refund, and a credit of $10.00 for the inconvenience. Love them!

angelam193
6/9/17

This company is awful!! Unfortunately I did not read the previous comments before ordering.
It takes months to get your order and the material is cheap. I want a refund but after the reviews I read I will just count it as a lost. Never again deleting zulilly from my emails.

kennethr49
6/9/17

cheep made clothes,holes in them,strings hanging,seams not sewed,now let talk shipping,they use to send fedex or ups and you would get youer stuff in a timley mannor,now its newgistics,very bad,if it doesnt get lost,it will take 1 month to 3 weeks to get the items.Ive ordered from china and got my stuff quicker.They charge big bucks for cheeply made stuff.Dont waiste youer money.

dreinap
6/9/17

Ordered a few things that were mostly VERY disappointing!!! Sooooo.....send it back!!??? Worst customer service EVER. You have to PAY FOR the return label and THEN they only want to give you store credit to get your money back!!! I'm sorely disappointed and will never do business with Zulily again.

maryj302
6/8/17

I ordered a King comforter. I received a package that was labeled King but the comforter was a Queen and was indicated a Queen on its label. I requested a refund. I'm being charged a restocking fee along with being charged return postage....THE ERROR WAS YOUR'S, NOT MINE!!!! I will NEVER order from Zulily again and you shouldn't either.

laneyf
6/8/17

It's been 2.5 months since I ordered a King size headboard from Zulily. They first sent me the entirely WRONG headboard and size (received a Queen). Shipped that one back after several weeks of back and forth (the headboards take up a TON OF ROOM IN A BOX!!), was given store credit for the mishap and then was sent a new one a few days later. The new one arrives as the CORRECT headboard but the WRONG size (Queen, again!). Once more, I contacted the Service Team. I was then informed Queen was the only size they actually had, after misrepresenting this on their website, and asked if I wanted to keep it, or I could return it. Um, why would I keep something that I literally have no use for????? They came to get it shortly after, with no notification that they were sending a courier to pick it up (thank god I'm at home all day, otherwise how would anyone know they were coming without notice?). So, I contacted Zulily yet again to ask where my refund was... apparently someone lost the memo and they indicated they'd locate me the correct size headboard (ahhhhhhh!!!!)!! After another week of crickets, they came back and re-informed me that they did not have a King size available (duh - I told you this and why don't you keep records of this!!!!) and they'd give me a refund. Every week or so I have to reach out to them to ask where my email is at from the "Resolution Team" who is supposed to be reaching out to ME, but I always get the same answer... they'll be in contact with me shortly. Haven't heard a word of when I can expect my damn refund!!!!!! It's $350 bucks they really probably don't even need, but I'd appreciate BACK!

galel19
6/8/17

Shipping with this company is horrible and they charge for shipping! This company apparently first gets products shipped to them and when sale is over then they ship. My first order was shipped to the wrong address. They left off my unit number even though it was in the computer. I've ordered twice from this company and it's taken 6 weeks to get my order. Difference in price (sometimes a couple of dollars less) is not worth the wait and shipping charges. Awful customer service. I will never shop with them again. If I could give 0 stars I would have chosen that.

jessicag148
6/7/17

I have bought several items off of zulily and have always been satisfied with my purchases. I know some people say they have gotten cheap Chinese merchandise which could be true I suppose but I have never had any problems and have always received great quality merchandise that was exactly as described. I even requested they cancel my order four days after I bought it because I got the wrong thing I realized (completely my fault) and they sent me an email saying they had received my request and would get back to me in 24-48 hours which is usually the typical response you get from companies. But not even 15 minutes later I got another email saying the would cancel my order immediately and they were super nice and helpful. Will definitely buy from them again, awesome company!

ritas65
6/7/17

I've placed several orders with Zulilly over the last 2 years. Each order has arrived by stated time or even early. I've been very satisfied as well with the quality, condition and fit of every item. Out of the thousands of Zulilly customers, seems it's only the disgruntled few leaving reviews. Don't let that stop you! I would give 10 stars if I could!!!!

teenab1
6/6/17

Just received my last two orders from Zulily. Looked nothing like they were pictured. But I know better than to try and return them because they will charge an extraordinary fee to do that. I guess I'm stuck with them. Beware you may not get the items you're looking at and it will take you forever to get them

ms422
6/6/17

Bought a lot. It had such potential from the pictures, but while the seams were okay, the fabric was, what I would consider to be,very thin, poor quality fabrics. Items were from India and made in China. I thought I was supporting small American venders. I ask for a return label and with it I got a sincere apology from a very nice customer service person (it's not her fault, she was actually doing her job well) as the higher ups make plenty off of unhappy customers.) I got commentary on how they save ME money by having return shipping, restocking fees and such. Not seeing is since they have my money and I will never see a refund, but that lovely store credit. If you dare to send it back , just know, you will pay them to take it back in restocking fees for that in store credit that rewards them for poor quality. That is the rub, loosing money and still not having anything worth while to show for it. So basically, I paid them $13 to reward their clever business model and I still have a heafty store credit and no desire to buy from them ever again.They get you going and coming. You want it , you pay to get it to you. You don't like it, you pay to give it back. It is a win win for them I bet the restocker is not getting paid for every item they put back on the shelf. I usually just stay away from venders with such policies. I am as mad at myself for not reading the policy first. I would have never ordered from them. Hopefully you can at least go in with your eyes open.My disappointment is a bitter pill since there is money I would like to have back that will be there to pay yet another shipping fee for something I will likely be disappointed in. Stay with children's clothes that you can , verify are made in the US if you can't resist the tutu's. I have seen good stuff for children, but very "similiar" womens can be found for a fraction straight from China on ebay for $5.00 - $10.00. At least there you know you are getting what you are paying for. When you hold up the clothes, the proportions are very small for American sized clothing, so be aware. I ordered bigger and they are still small proportionally to my regular size. Go with the vendors that see the value in a happy customer.

Tip for consumers: Unless you are 100% certain that you are getting what you want, don't purchase here.

ms421
6/6/17

Shipping is horrible. They sent the wrong items. gave me a credit but took off for restocking and shipping. Which they shouldn't have since they sent the wrong items. Ordered again and they promised the faster shipping. Its going to take two weeks to ship. And another 2-6 business days to get here. So much for faster shipping. I will never order from them again.

valg22
6/5/17

This is the second time our account has been disabled by zulily, no warning, no mail....................nothing , just an email saying that an order was cancelled (which we didnt cancel).
Great products but ABSOLUTELY ZERO customer service
Valerie griffiths (uk)

melissac164
6/5/17

PLACED TWO ORDERS FOR 4 THINGS. FIRST TWO THINGS CAME IN AND WERE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT I ORDERED. I CALLED AND THEY FOUGHT WITH ME ABOUT SENDING RETURN LABELS SO I DIDNT HAVE TO PAY FOR SHIPPING THE ITEMS BACK. WAITED 4 WEEKS FOR THE OTHER ITEMS THAT NEVER ARRIVED. CALLED AND TALKED TO A PERSON WHO COULDNT CARE LESS IF I DIDNT GET THEM OR NOT. I TOLD HER THAT THIS HAS BEEN AN AWFUL EXPERIENCE AND SHE REPLIED "YEP." oNCE THEY FINALLY PROCESSED THE WRONG ITEM THEY SENT ME AS A RETURN THEY CHARGED ME A RESTOCKING FEE !!!! WTH !!! DONT ORDER FROM THE, YOU WILL GET SCREWED

julier103
6/4/17

I like doing business with American companies and go out of my way to find them. I researched Zulity and it's history, I saw that their corporate office was located in Seattle and felt comfortable that by all ways Of cross checking I had available to me they were an American company. When I saw the difference from the time my order was placed to the estimated delivery time (more than a month away) immediately I dug deeper to see that it was in face delay - because the consumer is under the impression that they are buying American, when in fact they are purchasing items from CHINA!!!!! They are LIARS!! They are underhanded in the way they do business and they leave their employees at the call center's holding the bag to try and explain the situation (that can not be explained if you ask me - not without telling the whole truth - they are ripping people off!) I have to say that the people at the call centers are merely doing their jobs. The CEO,CFO, Preisent - ANY one at the top of the employee needs to wake up!! Americans are done being lied to - we WILL act with our wallets and I will do EVERYTHING in my power to make sure EVERYONE knows the truth about your company. Hmmm...wonder what the Better Business Bureau would feel about your false advertising...or even some of the fraudulent departments within the FBI...this hell will go on a LONG, LONG for you...as it should!!

pama37
6/4/17

2 weeks and nothing is even close to shipping yet! There's no such thing as a refund which I wasn't aware before I placed the BIG order. I guess it was my fault. But I will NOT order from them again. And I don't even know what the merchandise is going to be like.

vladyslavb1
6/4/17

They sell cheap super cheap chinese staff , look like you're buying for a good price but DONT FORGET they do not provide free returns ! you will pay for shipping twice!!! And of course your reason for returning should be in a list of their terms and conditions! Be careful before purchasing in this shop!

kaylaf8
6/1/17

The only complaint is shipping time. It is slow. Probably the slowest I've ever waited. I had two items that weren't shipped and had to call customer serice. Seriously the nicest most refreshing call to a business in a LONG time. Brittany, the supervisor, explained everything very well and was extremely polite. Even gave me 10$ store credit because my items weren't shipped. I love the deals you find on items at this store. Definitely worth the wait!

mb227
5/31/17

Someone hacked my account and ordered over $2500 worth of merchandise through my Zulily account which went to my PayPal. My PayPal was linked to my checking account and despite calling Zulily within hours of the orders, they all went through and at the moment I'm out of that money. I spoke with someone there who was less than helpful and seemed very casual about this. He told me some had already shipped (WHAT? THIS IS ZULILY, THE PLACE WHERE YOU FORGET WHAT YOU ORDERED BECAUSE IT TAKES SO LONG!) and that they'd absorb the cost for those items. He then cancelled the rest and I got an email telling me 1200+ was cancelled. Did that ever show up in my PayPal as reversed? NO. Rolled right through to my checking and cleared. Meanwhile, although he could do nothing to stop the ones that had 'shipped' (all it said was a label was created), I was able to call both Fed Ex and UPS myself and flag all 4 of those packages. I had to do it. Also, he then closed my account with Zulily. Great but now I can't check on my refunds or anything. I'm completely locked out. I am calling them back today to see what happened to the 1200 that was supposedly cancelled. I spoke with PayPal and they cancelled my billing agreement with Zulily but it's too late to stop this mess. Now it's up to my bank - where I had to go in person this morning and waste 45 minutes of my work time to fill out a form and give them a written statement. This has been an incredible hassle and those 'bargains' they offer aren't worth it. GO NOW AND DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFO BEFORE YOU TOO BECOME A VICTIM! They are not to be trusted!!!!

moochieb
5/30/17

Awful. I ordered an item, got a different item. They said they would send it to me. Got the replacement. Wrong item again. They issued refund which is all I could hope for, but I'm done.

Another item came (sheets). Listing said 100% cotton. Upon arrival they were 60% cotton and 40% polyester and 100% awful.

I am done with Zulily. Don't waste your time or money!

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. that something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A. on 4/21/16
Helpful answer

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t. on 8/6/16
Helpful answer

Nope....no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T. on 10/19/15
Helpful answer

It could be a week or it could be 3 months. But my advice would be not to order at all. The sizes are never right (a small may fit someone that wears a large or it may be too small for an infant) and the quality sucks (the fabric on a dress I bought is so thin you can see through 4 layers). STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! !!!!

By BJ H. on 11/11/15
Helpful answer

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H. on 10/29/15
Helpful answer

Wrong size, no return policy. Beware don't order from them

By Ann D. on 5/11/15
Helpful answer

Yes, it may take that long, but they are up front about that on the item description page. I have never had a problem with them.

By Laura M. on 9/24/15
Helpful answer

Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....

By Cathy R. on 5/17/16
Helpful answer

If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.

By Jon V. on 8/27/13
Helpful answer

As others have said, go to your account information and delete your information as to your email contact information. UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the page. ALSO DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

By Vanessa S. on 8/16/15
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

58 Photos for Zulily