Review of Yodle

Tel: 877-276-5104
info@yodle.com

rdl3
6/15/17

I utilized yodle, was not impressed with the results, obtained no new identifiable business from this advertising spend. Their initial presentation is impressive and convincing, however their follow through is not impressive. When I finally decided to cancel, they significantly dropped my rate and promised to deliver on some additional promises. They never followed up. I went month to month for a while at an aprox $20 rate per month...I never heard from them and kept meaning to cancel. Even when I cancelled they wanted me to pay for the last month. They ultimately waived this charge.

roseb97
5/16/17

I just had the exact same experience. I paid almost $2k for 6 mos in advance. after that i never heard from anyone until May 5th where they charged my account $299. I called to tell them I didn't get anything from their service and wanted a refund and they said no refund for this months charge. That is BS. Not only poor product, poor representation, but they should sent a notice of upcoming charge. It like stealing money.

taylorr44
5/8/17

Had a overview scheduled with one of their pushy sales guys. He read of a script for over an hour and I told him I have seen the software with Rogers Outrank, he still continued to read off the script and bore me to death. He followed up several times and pushed me into a month to month program to try it out and said he can Guarantee more leads for me. As soon as I signed up I never heard a peep from this guy. They didn't produce one lead for me and I cancelled the service. The salesman Shaun didn't even have the guts to reply to my emails either when I cancelled. Don't waste your time with this company they are horrible.

hazeln2
5/5/17

I agreed to a 20 minute overview today that lasted for 1 hour and 28 minutes. Finally I said I had to go to the bathroom, and the woman still kept on talking so I hung up and she has called back 3 times since. The long and the short is that I said I would forgo todays $199 sign-on in order to do some research on my end and if I was still interested I would pay the full $499 as my penalty. Guess what? I cannot find ONE positive review. As a double whammy, all along I thought I was talking to Yelp. LOL

elizabetha91
5/2/17

I have had nothing but issues with this company. Paid way too much money with no return. Upon completing a survey that I was not satisfied, I heard from not one single rep at the company. When I asked for a refund of payment after my contract ended at it was month to month, I was informed that they cannot provide ANY refunds. Read the fine print of our legal contract. Definitely not good business.

jacobo16
4/28/17

I received a call from Ryan Mc Donald. One of yodels sales reps. He asked me if I could give him 30 minutes of my time to go over some power points. First off it wasn't 30 minutes at all. More like 2 HOURS! Ryan wasn't there to sell me the pitch so Mr. Jones did it for him. Mr. Jones was very very pushy. He disrespected me numerous times. After the call ended Ryan called me 2 days later and I spoke to him about his colgué. He just hung up while I was expressing my thoughts.

johnc726
4/24/17

Received a call from a sales rep and agreed to spend time going over what they have to offer. After 30 minutes I told him I would think about it for a few days before I make a commitment. The sales rep then became very pushy and continued on for another 30 minutes. I didn't want to be rude because it was something I was actually interested in. I most likely would have signed up by the sales rep ruined any chance they had. He called me the following week and I told him I wasn't interested right now and he immediately went into the bullying sales tactics again.

ambers76
4/21/17

We specifically asked if our Google listing would be left alone after our 3,000$ membership (that didn't bring in any leads whatsoever) ended. They assured us it would be fine. Of course they deleted everything on google we had before we started with them! And we lost years of reviews etc. what a joke

suzanneh34
4/21/17

This company would not refund an automatic credit card charge for monthly service when I requested to cancel. Josh, a "manager" stated that once the charge is made they can't refund as the money has already been sent out to optimizing the sites. I would steer clear of a company that won't stand behind their business model.

craigs98
4/19/17

I have been reading all these negative reviews. What these so called business owners don't understand is patience for one and make sure your website stands out. I have been with yodle for 3 years now. It takes about 2 months to start seeing results. Below is the revenue that Yodle has produced for our Company over 3 years.

Year 1 = $38,281.21
Year 2 = $91,407.23
Year 3 = 489,812.09

This is just with Yodle. These numbers don't lie. The people complaining are either lazy or clueless how to run a company. We probably have a lot of there customers.

katyc12
4/14/17

If i could rate this company a 0 i would. I've been with yodle since December 2016 and have yet to be listed on Google. I have done everything on my part that i possibly can. They KEEP dropping the ball on me. I've spent multiple hours of my time on the phone with them and google trying to figure out whats going on. The customer service rep that signed me up never told me anything about how to go about getting on with Google. So, I then created my own page, got my google pin in the mail, and even a review and yodle couldn't use that page because they weren't linked to it. So i then deleted it. I started speaking with Angela Hoddinott (manager) and figured that would help me, it didn't! They apparently created a google business page for me using my email that i have in February and i waited and waited. I also kept calling yodle weekly to see whats going on and all they would say is "Google is having trouble and your new pin is coming".. Finally i called Google myself (April 4th)and come to find out they had no record of me at all and said a google business page wasn't created. On April 4th yodle contacted me back after looking further into it and FINALLY created one apparently. I was furious that I've been spending money for something I've yet to receive, and that it took this long for them to get it together. I thought i had hope when Brianna from the maps team said I'd be receiving an email in 24-48 hours allowing me access to my new Google business page. I NEVER got an email, not even spam. Angela told me she would be giving me 1 month free for my troubles. I've sent a few emails to her and called a couple of times for a conformation email stating so. I have yet to be told whats going on nor has anyone emailed me or called me back. I seriously cant believe what I'm dealing with. its pretty shocking and i feel that they are just taking my money and not going to help me. Also,when i do call yodle tells me that I'm getting leads because of them and calls and I don't, I get those leads because of Thumbtack and myself. I put myself and my website out there without any help from them!

bobb1224
4/10/17

They have a great business plan charge you thousands of dollars and don't do squat!! then they bill your CC you would have better luck talking to that Nigerian Prince!!

lindab333
4/4/17

I signed up with this company hoping to put me towards the top of any searches for my type of business/service in my area. I have not received 1 lead. I have had 2 calls from people trying to sell me something, but, that is it. I feel like really stupid for spending my money on this. I work really hard for my money too! DO NOT SPEND ANY OF YOUR ADVERTISING DOLLARS WITH YODLE! -Linda-

kims234
4/2/17

I wanted more visibility for my company and Yodle promised they could make that happen. I already have a website that I paid to have built and it's pretty good, just not very visible. They didn't want anything to do with it - they "built" another "website" that was so generic it looked like a 3rd grader did it . After thousands of dollars, many calls to Yodle and NO legitimate business leads, they told me that I was in a very competitive market, the lack of success was my fault (I needed to build THEIR website with reviews and pictures) and said there was nothing else they could do. When I told them I was disgusted with their lack of attention to my account, they said they would be OK with them if I terminated our relationship. I should have trusted the reviews I read about what a sham this company is... You should too. If I could, I'd list my phone number and ask anyone who is thinking about signing up with these yo-yo's to call me first....

dawnn24
4/1/17

I set up a site, pictures and reviews- time wasted
Then paid $200 a month.
I was waiting the magical 3 months to receive a phone call and NOTHING !!
Waste of Money and Time!!!!!

briand140
3/24/17

They did a great job for 3 years but started giving me the run around when I tried to cancel. The manager that I needed to talk to in order to finalize the cancellation was never available and did not return calls at the time promised. I will call all of the people I referred to Yodle and tell them what they are doing to me.

billa64
3/12/17

If you want to see many complaints about Yodle check the report on the BBB, you,ll be stunned
I filed a complaint on classaction.com to file a suit as my company lost over $7000 with Yodle

janetm101
3/10/17

If you have a small business that you run on your own this can be very expensive way to go!!!!!!
.............................

chrisr215
3/9/17

I paid $1,500 for their advertising. Six months went by and I didn't have a single lead to show for it. STAY AWAY!

marks462
3/9/17

Their sales team is trained to perfection in overcoming nearly every objection you can think up for not getting Yodle marketing service. I should have known better, as you can hear the call center rambling chatter in the background. Their demo (yodle demo) was pretty convincing and high tech looking, so I fell for the sizzle, when in fact all I got was a gross and disgusting overcooked slab of Omaha steak.

They got me for roughly $600+ a month for 3 months, and though I did get phone calls for service I provide using Yodle, in the end when I calculated everything I actually ended up losing a lot money.

To the Yodle public relations team trolling the Internet, No apologies or investigation is necessary, you flat out are a total ripoff and scam.

mikem477
2/17/17

I can't believe that I allowed Yodle to rob me of $5,000 of my hard earned money. Their sales team did a great job of selling me on their service, but as soon as I signed on the dotted line, the sales team disappeared. Then I was handed off to a bunch of flunky account managers. The first thing they did was educate me on how to promote the lowsy "adversite" that they whipped together for me in a few hours. Not only was the site rudimentary and not aesthetically pleasing, but also had a bunch of misinformation. Everything from the stock photos they used, to the language was bogus! When I requested that they change the photos and the verbiage, they never got back to me. I eventually had to re-write the content myself and email it to them. I even sent a new background image for the site, but they didn't even implement it. Then, the amount of work that they wanted me to do to promote their site was ridiculous. The whole reason why I hired Yodle was because I don't have time to do my own website marketing and prospecting. Little did I know that I was the marketing machine. To sum things up, all I got out of this during my 3 month campaign, was a bunch of phone calls from prospective customers who weren't even in my geographic area or from those looking for services that my company doesn't even provide. Just by chance, I thought I might bump into one solid lead from this, but that wasn't the case. After my 3-month campaign ended, I didn't realize that I had to cancel the automatically renewing contract in writing, and it went on for another 2 months. It wasn't until I reconciled my credit card statement that I realized they were still charging me. When I brought this to their attention and requested a refund for the extra 2 months, they ran me around for 2 weeks before telling me NO. Do yourself a favor and hire a small web development company or freelancer that comes recommended to you from an associate.

mitchellz
2/10/17

Yodle sounds good when you talk to them, when it comes to delivering any sort of value added benefit to your business they fail miserably. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

michaell272
1/31/17

I just want to say Yodle's sales team is Austin, TX has some good scripts. They know how to sell you the golden goose, the magic bullet, or however you would sell a sure thing. I reviewed this site along with others. The most impressive review they had was the real estate agents video that was on their own page. So I decided to reach out to him. He told me that Yodle has the rights to that video and that he recorded it in his first months of working with them. He has moved on and chosen another company as they did not deliver or even come close. So when Yodle reached back out to me, I explained that their own video for Real Estate was not accurate and their response was that is one persons point of view. I went further to explain to the representative that the one person is the person they are standing by and showcasing on their webpage. I told them it might be best for you to take it off and record an Agent that has actually seen the system work for them. They said we might do that. They have not I will attach the link from their own page. Their response was back to reading their scripts and sending me more emails after telling them I was not interested. So Zero Stars would be appropriate but it wont let me so 1 star it is.

Tip for consumers: Work your Sphere of Influences.

maryh283
1/24/17

they are a scam 650.00 later not one call requesting info on my service I am from New York White plains area. I plan to visit them this with my demand of 650.00 with sign in tow i will stand for three days to help weed out this kind of company i am gathering more people to stand with me june9 to june12 2017 319-9816160

fredm72
1/20/17

First of all they tell you one thing on the call and another in the contract, which makes it hard to cancel service. I was told that I could cancel anytime with no additional charges, but now I'm told that the contract states that their is a cancellation fee,

The major issue that I discovered is that they want you to pay for service for at least 3 months (although they try to sell you on six months) before you see any results. WTF! Why not charge you when the results pour in?

I'll let my AMEX card deal with them. AMEX has always come through for me.

39 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Yodle staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 7/21/15
on 8/2/16
on 9/18/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Yodle staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Yodle