US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

mikem477
2/17/17

I can't believe that I allowed Yodle to rob me of $5,000 of my hard earned money. Their sales team did a great job of selling me on their service, but as soon as I signed on the dotted line, the sales team disappeared. Then I was handed off to a bunch of flunky account managers. The first thing they did was educate me on how to promote the lowsy "adversite" that they whipped together for me in a few hours. Not only was the site rudimentary and not aesthetically pleasing, but also had a bunch of misinformation. Everything from the stock photos they used, to the language was bogus! When I requested that they change the photos and the verbiage, they never got back to me. I eventually had to re-write the content myself and email it to them. I even sent a new background image for the site, but they didn't even implement it. Then, the amount of work that they wanted me to do to promote their site was ridiculous. The whole reason why I hired Yodle was because I don't have time to do my own website marketing and prospecting. Little did I know that I was the marketing machine. To sum things up, all I got out of this during my 3 month campaign, was a bunch of phone calls from prospective customers who weren't even in my geographic area or from those looking for services that my company doesn't even provide. Just by chance, I thought I might bump into one solid lead from this, but that wasn't the case. After my 3-month campaign ended, I didn't realize that I had to cancel the automatically renewing contract in writing, and it went on for another 2 months. It wasn't until I reconciled my credit card statement that I realized they were still charging me. When I brought this to their attention and requested a refund for the extra 2 months, they ran me around for 2 weeks before telling me NO. Do yourself a favor and hire a small web development company or freelancer that comes recommended to you from an associate.

mitchellz
2/10/17

Yodle sounds good when you talk to them, when it comes to delivering any sort of value added benefit to your business they fail miserably. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

michaell272
1/31/17

I just want to say Yodle's sales team is Austin, TX has some good scripts. They know how to sell you the golden goose, the magic bullet, or however you would sell a sure thing. I reviewed this site along with others. The most impressive review they had was the real estate agents video that was on their own page. So I decided to reach out to him. He told me that Yodle has the rights to that video and that he recorded it in his first months of working with them. He has moved on and chosen another company as they did not deliver or even come close. So when Yodle reached back out to me, I explained that their own video for Real Estate was not accurate and their response was that is one persons point of view. I went further to explain to the representative that the one person is the person they are standing by and showcasing on their webpage. I told them it might be best for you to take it off and record an Agent that has actually seen the system work for them. They said we might do that. They have not I will attach the link from their own page. Their response was back to reading their scripts and sending me more emails after telling them I was not interested. So Zero Stars would be appropriate but it wont let me so 1 star it is.

Tip for consumers: Work your Sphere of Influences.

maryh283
1/24/17

they are a scam 650.00 later not one call requesting info on my service I am from New York White plains area. I plan to visit them this with my demand of 650.00 with sign in tow i will stand for three days to help weed out this kind of company i am gathering more people to stand with me june9 to june12 2017 319-9816160

fredm72
1/20/17

First of all they tell you one thing on the call and another in the contract, which makes it hard to cancel service. I was told that I could cancel anytime with no additional charges, but now I'm told that the contract states that their is a cancellation fee,

The major issue that I discovered is that they want you to pay for service for at least 3 months (although they try to sell you on six months) before you see any results. WTF! Why not charge you when the results pour in?

I'll let my AMEX card deal with them. AMEX has always come through for me.

leslieo19
1/13/17

I was signed up for 6 months. Big scam. When I was considering signing up I read the reviews and the girl on the phone talked me into signing up for $199 for 3 months. I should have known when I read the negative reviews that there was some truth to them but didn't. My mistake!! Never got anything from this. Save your money!!

sadiej4
1/13/17

My boyfriend started a business and found Yodle and was promised all these things and that his business would be listed on the first page of Google if he has 3 good reviews. The website design was horrendous. We're still on page 4. He's complained several times about the company name that they messed up on. It's cost us more than we can afford. He's currently cancelling.

stevef114
1/13/17

Hmmm, I should've read this first!!!! I too was contacted by a rep. and with promises of helping me get my website up and running as well as my social media page amoungst other promises. I took a chance with the last of my advertising money for the year. Huge waste of money, in six months I got one lead from these guys and it was a marketer asking if I would like to learn how to get more leads... HA HA HA OMG! seriously. And to pour salt on the wound the cancellation process is damn near impossible. My best advice is to just hang up on these clowns And run....

mikeg226
1/12/17

Can't believe I allowed their sales guy to sign me up. Alarms should have gone off when he said 'if this doesn't work, you will never trust another salesperson again'. Not the end of the world but they are asking more for cancellation of the contract then it costs to stay.

dalek21
1/6/17

I was contacted by this company I took the bait. Great promises with the original sales person. I told them that I had a great website and the sales person basically told me they could work with that and produce results in a different city. I had to pay by cc and i agreed. I was then handed to another account manager who had no knowledge of my conversation with the original sales person.I explained what we had agreed to and he said that we could not do that. I said that I would like to cancel since they could not deliver what the sales person offered. He then told me that I could cancel but there was a $999 dollar set up fee they they would have to keep. I complained that nothing had been SETUP. He said that they could do great things if i could come up with an address in the area that I wished to improve my coverage. He told me that a residential address that had no business online presence was all I needede. Perhaps I had a friend or relarive in the area and I could use their address as my business address in that area. I told him I didn't like this idea. the rep said I would loose my $999 if I canceled. I called the next day and asked to speak to his supervisor and continued to seek my complete refund. I had a conversationwith Elaine and discribed my treatment and she agreed that my situation was not compatable with their process and that the other fellow had already submitted the refund info. I thanked her for her help and then I received a refund that was short my $999. This company is not honorable. They receive most of their income via the SET UP FEE. Yodle provides not real service to it's customers. Avoid this company and it's dishonest employees.

bobm197
1/5/17

Company makes promises that they won't keep. They take your money upfront, so you are stuck with it. Save your time and money, because they won't deliver any results.

mikep196
1/1/17

Do not even give this company one second of your time! They tell you everything you want to hear but deliver Nothing except recurring charges on your card. I had to change my account to stop the charges. After 60 Days I could not find my company on ANY searches using all of the information and keywords they collected in the lengthy setup call. We spoke to 5 different people at Yodle and all of them said something different. It then became clear that they don't actually offer a service! The last woman we spoke with cancelled us after she could not help us with the fact that their antiquated system could not have an iPhone photo uploaded due to the fact that it had too much resolution. They have no pictures that even depict a carpet cleaning service. Our logo could not be uploaded because of problems with their site that after 3 hours on the phone could not be solved. After the $#*! cancelled us by email, they simply kept our $800 with no offer to refund anything and they will not return calls or emails! I would not believe ANY reviews that give Yodle anything above a scam! I must question the 5 star reviews on sitejabber. I sincerely hope that Yodle cashes out my $800 in pennies and feeds them to their employees until they all $#*!ing die! The world would be a better place without this criminal enterprise.

jamesg252
12/30/16

Please save your money on this one guys and gals nothing but scam scum! Paid over $1000 and got nothing! Jim Remax Plus Rochester, NY

jeremyp30
12/29/16

Waste of time. I paid over $1000 for an online presence that they said would would help drive my real estate business. Didn't have a single customer contact me. Wish I hadn't wasted the money.

rayz5
12/29/16

Zero support, you doing most of the work yourself. You might as well just do it on your own to begin with...They expect you to set everything up as all they provide is a generic plan that is being used over and over again.Once they get you to commit to a contract, you will never hear from them again without your prodding. They say it is in a infant stage and does not really perform until you have been paying for about 4 months. If you ask to get out of contract they allow it with a steep penalty.. All they were concerned with was billing that credit card. The very first hit that my company received that they tried to take credit for was my very own local nursery who contacts me regularly for my business.. What a joke...Spent about 1700.00 and got and got and got Wait a Minute "zero leads".. Please save yourself the nightmare.

heneryp9
12/20/16

Didn't want to sign up but gave me a big discount to try. Can't imagine if I would have paid full price. These thiefs don't care about small businesses and suck at communicating with the owners and managers. Don't make the mistake I made with my A/C business and sign up for any services with this thieves and liars.

jeremyp29
12/20/16

This company did not do what the promised to do. They did not deliver new business for me. I spent significant time doing things on my own that they represented would be done as part of their service. The made numerous errors. I cancelled my service after the initial 90 days and then they charged me another month because I didn't cancel before the date they said my contract renewed. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone.

bartp15
12/19/16

This company is a complete scam. They provide no service whatsoever. Lock you into a 6 month contract and tell you to wait for results. They built an adversite page for my real estate company that my 5th grade daughter could of created in 20 minutes. Every time you call in they tell you the results take time. Next thing you know you've been charged $1500 and not one result whatsoever. I got zero leads from this in 6 months. They are literally stealing money from small business owners. Sad way to earn a living. Lesson learned for the future. Hope thjs helps someone else from being ripped off.

ninak20
12/16/16

Yodle did not provide any sort of help to my business nor did they perform as promised. I will not be happy until I'm issued a full refund. What a racket. Buyers beware.

rb98
12/8/16

Yodle scammed my new small business out of $498. Even after contesting it with the bank/credit card company...they eventually got their money. Congratulations, Yodle. That's $498 less that I have to legitimately market my business. Or $498 less that I have to provide for my family as they support my business venture. Your "success simplified" is based on the small mom and pops that you take for that initial investment and the iron clad 6 month agreement. Congratulations. I will be following up with the Better Business Bureau and Attorney General and any other avenue that can be pursued to hopefully make you realize that you should not only do things within the law, but perhaps run a respectful and morally ethical business. I hope you take those $498 and have yourselves a Happy Holiday.

jenniferp123
12/7/16

Their customer service is really bad. They say they are going to help you and they just leave their own design. I try to do it myself and they say they have to do it and I can't do it. My personal photo isn't uploaded and its been a month. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They won't give you a refund when you ask. They do as little as possible and don't do what they say they will.

stevens180
12/5/16

I gave them $3000. to clean up my online presence. They guaranteed my results in less than six weeks. Six months later nothing had changed. Over a year later we negotiated a 26% refund. I never received it. One excuse after another until they disappeared. In my opinion they belong in jail.

kevinm218
11/30/16

The told me, because I was a Veteran, they would only charge my a reduced price for 6 months. They didn't mention the month that I signed up, 27th of the month, would be the first month. At the 6 month, which was the 7th month according to them, they charged me fill price. Also, they promised my company will be listed as the top 10 on Google, Yahoo, Bing and mobile searches. I received 5 replies and all from other marketing companies telling me that I'm not being found on any search engines. What a waste. This company took advantage of a US Army Veteran and business owner!! When I called, at 10 am, to cancel I was told there were no managers available! At 10 in the morning on a Wednesday! To top it off, the person I was speaking to hung up on me. Do not use this company. **Reposting on Face Book**

ryanb112
11/18/16

Don't waste your money, they lock you in a contract they are liars now they want another $500 off me to cancel this bull$#*! contract, send it to collections because I'm not paying them! I already gave them $1500 out of my pocket. Facebook is the best way to get your company name out there and its free.

beng77
11/18/16

This so called business is the worst!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!! So here goes, this place called my small business 2 to 3 times a day saying they could increase our customers base. They continued to harass, and was a very,very pushy!! They told us nothing but lies to sign on in a contract!! They could not even get my business address correct. Once they had us they forgot about us. Could not get anyone from the company to help us, we was pushed under the rug!!! We received no business calls,except their competition telling us what a bad choice that we made.Boy was they was right!!!! Zero leads I mean zero!!! This place only cares about their monthly payment that's it!!!! Please save your money!!!!

37 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Yodle staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question