US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

samuelb46

this one took me two days and was supposed to be 24 hours. (in 11 reviews)

samc75

I was already on holiday when the code came through. (in 122 reviews)

welshj

Great service, my phone was up and running in no time from a flawless service at an exceptional cost. (in 148 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

petrosa
7/28/16

Code worked for my phone but very slow to deliver it when they said instant. There are faster unlock sites that are the same price so maybe look around

igorm11
7/25/16

Ordered the unlock service on Jul.21, 2016 now is Jul.25, 2016 - NO RESULT, NO ANSWER...
IS IT GOOD PLACE TO THROW YOUR MONEY AWAY...YEAS IT IS...

rasima2
7/22/16

They are useless. They say they can unlock the phone and they can't. If they charge everyone 12.99 for unlocking the phones and can't to it they are making a furtune. They say they will refund but they dont

gwernb
7/21/16

As my title states, rather inconsistent. Both myself and my husband needed to remove our network locks for travel. A code arrived for my phone within the hours, however my husbands phone took three days. I don't understand this as our phones are identical.
Other than the time issue, my concerns were addressed in a adequate time and manner and the end result was a positive one.

harrisb27
7/9/16

Got rip off 2 times with them .
Don't waste tour money go to your local carrier.
They are scammers... with fake reviews

lakis25
6/27/16

They provided following standard email as it is not possible to unlock it. They gave generic reasons for not able to unlock and none of them is valid.

---------------------Email extract from them

We apologize that on this occasion we have been unable to obtain an unlock code for your phone using the imei number supplied. We do not have access to the specific reasons for this, however the most likely scenarios are listed below, please check to ensure none of these apply to your phone:

The phone is blacklisted by the provider or reported lost or stolen
The phone is still under an active contract and the carrier has blocked unlocking. This is know as an unclean imei. If the phone was purchased second hand, we recommend that you contact the party that the phone was obtained from to receive this information. You can also contact your current service provider to verify this if the phone was not purchased from a third party.
The IMEI number submitted was incorrect

patricer3
6/1/16

Although the company provided the service - which worked as advertised - the time taken to receive the code was longer than advertised. I was under the impression that the code would be delivered within 24 hours at the outset, with most arriving under 12 hours. A few hours after placing the order however, we received an email stating that there was a delay on the server and the code could take up to 72 hours.
This was not the case however and the code arrived in approximately 30 hours - still longer than advertised but nonetheless far faster than the updated time frame.
Communication was excellent with regard to updates and queries, for this reason I would consider using them again on condition that they guarantee a time frame if I need the code urgently.

jaxonc1
5/29/16

Like alot of people on here, I was told by these ppl they could unlock my phone so I paid the $8.99 and waited and today I got 2 emails. The first one said the usual - they couldnt unlock my phone and that I would get a full refund in 7 business days. Then I got a second email saying that I would get my refund in 10 business days. So which is it? And why are so many people fighting to get their refunds back?

chrism248
4/29/16

Also they're so quick to answer to give the impression they really care. And the promise a refund within 7 or 12 business days with certainly never happen, be cause they use the same format again and again. The two orders numbers 57500776 and 61194509 were NEVER REFUNDED, not even after many reminders, and requests to provide confirmation numbers of the refunds.

Stay away from this scam!

PS : Mr or Ms UnlockTeam, if you're planning on answering on this, I dare you to provide the proof and the date these above mentioned orders were refunded.

lolam20
4/28/16

I was very impressed with the delivery speed for the LG I was unlocking. The code arrived so fast and was accurate. I am still awaiting a code for my iPhone, this was ordered a few days ago so is taking longer than I thought. Guess some phones take longer to unlock than others but they should tel you that

kristinas39
4/26/16

I ordered an unlock code and like many others my phone could not be unlocked. I was told I would receive a refund and its been 3 weeks and I have yet to see a single dollar WARNING do not use this service cause their money back guarantee is a load of BS, you will not receive your money back if they cant unlock it

junea16
4/17/16

Just has my LG locked to vodafone unlocked in four hours for a few dollars. Good deal. I installed my new sim card and all is up and running perfectly. Thanks for a great service.

asafg
4/11/16

Good for the cost but maybe slow at getting the code delivered. Maybe not a good one to use if you are in a hurry. Luckily I wasn't and now have an unlocked phone. CS replied to my emails and kept me up to date with the delay. Would use again

jennac24
4/8/16

They were unable to unlock my phone. I requested a refund and they have stopped replying to my emails. SCAM!

ellac29
4/3/16

Absolute trash. I was told I would get a refund since they could not unlock my phone, a few weeks later, still no refund, so I emailed them. I got a reply saying they would follow up and that I would get my refund within the week, another month later still no refund. I've emailed 3 times since then, and haven't received ANY RESPONSE AT ALL. I will be contacting PayPal after this to let them know they are partnering with a SCAM company.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THE UNLOCK TEAM.

caroled10
3/26/16

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY i have been chasing for my refund for past 2 weeks now to have been told to get the charges made from my card back from my bank as they sent refund yet cant provide me with any proof they have actually sent me refund my bank has insisted that no refund has been sent to my account then THESE RIP OFF SCAMMERS had the nerve to send me an email asking for me to forward them a copy of my bank statement like yeah right you have ripped me of once not a hope in hells chance am i going to send you a copy of my bank statment. PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A COMPANY YOU WILL GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY AN BE LEFT WITH NO SERVICE YOU PAID FOR AN NOT A HOPE IN HELL OF GETTING A REFUND i have also reported this bogus scam company to google as i am shocked they allow scammers to use there site

terryr44
3/10/16

They are bad thieves. They are incompetent an try to steal your money. Use PayPal so you stay in control. They said they could unlock my Z10 and to pay. I paid then the email came saying they can't unlock it after all and I would get a refund in 3-5 days. I was upset that it takes 3 -5 days to click a PayPal refund button. I waited 1 week ... no refund. I emailed Where's my refund!! I got a reply that it could be 10 more days and if I don't see it to email again!! Are you serious!! I emailed a threat to contact PayPal if I didn't get a refund within 24 hours! They had to ask for my email to send the refund??? This company should be shut down and investigated by the IRS!!! They gave my refund after the threat.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BE A SUCKER!!

sianaf
3/7/16

I used this website to unlock my LG G3 last week. Communication was excellent and I received a code in under 3 hours. There were a few issues with the process, first their website crashed after payment. I contacted their email and received confirmation that the order had gone through and an apology in a reasonable time.
When the codes arrived I was again a little confused as there were five codes, not one. Again I contacted them and they explained the NCK code was the one I should use and the others were only needed for other reasons by a small amount of phones, I won't go into the details lol as I still don't really get it!
My phones now unlocked and the first code did the trick. Good experience and they were very fast answering my questions and helping me through the whole process

anniew25
3/6/16

I should read the reviews before selecting them for the service. Afterward I gave them my cellphone information, they sent me the response said they can unlock the phone and asked for payment. I did. They replied me later and said they wouldn't give me the code because I still have contract without my service supplier. They would send me the refund in two weeks. I found out they actually charged me twice. Didn't get money back after a month, I contacted them. With many emails and told them I would ask my Master card to investigate the payment, they finally gave me one charge back. It's not that much money, but it made you very frustrated.

paulk127
3/4/16

Total scam avoid at all cost. You will lose your money with no service provided. Please do your research and choose a reputable company.

bs87
3/2/16

Its been 3 weeks and still no refund.

fidaz
2/23/16

Agree with others, code is slow! Took three days for mine. No hurry luckily so no prob to me. Was a htc code. Easy instructions in the email tho and lock was removed from the phone and the new sim working no issue. Not sure if they are cheapest didn't really look about. Code is 8 numbers, the people making the phones should not be putting locks on in the first place

averagej
2/22/16

Their policy of Full Refund....Doesn't happen within the time frame stated.
They give excuses about it usually takes longer, some technical error
Can we refund to your PayPal account?
That will cost you even more

There are a lot of these unlocking companies, all may be good until you have to try to get a refund because your phone can't be unlocked.....choose carefully

brendanb17
2/15/16

OK, so I did receive an unlock pin for my LG smart phone...eventually. It took three days, way more than advertised so be aware you may be waiting longer than the 24 they state. I contated CS several times and replies were slow which was kinda frsutrating!
The code did come however, and unlocked the phone immediately so that was good. I would go back but please answer emails faster!

bb116
2/8/16

i ordered a unlock code and they failed to provide me the code and they said i would get refund in 7 days and it has been more than 30 days now and no refund , i tried contacting and they dont even reply back to it,they are freaking scam....

27 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TheUnlockTeam staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Answer
rebeccas26
A: Hi,
Please contact us at refunds@theunlockteam.com including your order number and we will be able to look into your issue.
Regards