US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

vikkim3
8/22/16

I have been mostly impressed with my purchase in that the unlock code freed up my G3. The only niggle I have which seems to be a popular one is how long it took to deliver the code. You can't say it's instant when it isn't!.
Rant over, I expressed my feelings and got an apology. The phone is all good so they're forgiven I guess.
All in all, good but not if you're in a real hurry.

thiend
8/20/16

I wanted to unlock my iphone 5s phone locked to rogers network and came across this website which raise my suspicion because it promised to unlock for a cheap price of $5 USD! I went on sitejabber to read the reviews and despite the many bad reviews I went through anyways thinking if it didnt work, I would just lose $5. Anyways, I went through with it, inputed my IMEI number which they responded right away that it could be unlocked (again raised my suspicion because this is a automatic response). A day later, they emailed me and said they cant unlock my phone for various reasons...even though they said they could in the previous email. Anyways, I didn't care, so I waited for their refund which they said would take a week..guess what? It didn't come. Anyways, its been two weeks and I'm still waiting for a refund.

IN CONCLUSION:
I GAMBLED ON $5 TO SEE IF THE WEBSITE IS A SCAM, AND INDEED ITS A SCAM. I WASTED MY $5, SO YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO. IF THE PRICE IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, ITS PROBABLY IS.

trevorh17
8/15/16

Ok, to start, the confusing part. You do not receive one code, I received five, with only a brief explanation of what each one was. I needed to contact them to work this out as you only get a few attempts to input the right code before you get locked out. I received a fast reply though and they sent out a list of the reasons for each code, which should really have been with the first email in the first place. Once I knew which code to use it took my sim lock away and accepted the new sim card. Better instructions would be good though. Oh, and it took two days, not 24 hours.

ormondw
8/11/16

My code was emailed on the day I ordered it and unlocked my phone without issue. Can't give any advise on the customer service of this company - I didn't need it, but speed was excellent and the charge reasonable.
I would probably come back if I needed to.

akij
8/6/16

they stole my money and never unlocked my $#*!in phone biggest scammers of all time never ever buy from them use cellularunlocker.net best ever received unlock code in a hour works flawless im not a marketer but this is the best sit $#*! unlockingteam use unlock panda or unlock company $#*! this $#*!

tariqr2
8/2/16

Success!! Eventually. A little issue with the first code...it didnt work. Customer service was fairly fast in response with a new code that went in fine. I could have done with the first code working so I wasnt waiting so long but im glad I can use my shiny new phone now...the wait was worth it.

claudeb34
8/2/16

My bank account has been charged on July 29. The promised unlocking "within 24 hours at most" has not been kept. No acknowledgment of my request has been issued. I am in limbo with a still locked phone. An Email to the company has also been ignored.

timm259
7/29/16

They ask for the IMEI number so they can compare with their 'extensive database' to check if it can be unlocked. don't believe a word of it, because whatever you type in they will tell you they can unlock it, even if you provide a total garbage IMEI they will take your money.
Total fraudsters, steer clear.

petrosa
7/28/16

Code worked for my phone but very slow to deliver it when they said instant. There are faster unlock sites that are the same price so maybe look around

igorm11
7/25/16

Ordered the unlock service on Jul.21, 2016 now is Jul.25, 2016 - NO RESULT, NO ANSWER...
IS IT GOOD PLACE TO THROW YOUR MONEY AWAY...YEAS IT IS...

rasima2
7/22/16

They are useless. They say they can unlock the phone and they can't. If they charge everyone 12.99 for unlocking the phones and can't to it they are making a furtune. They say they will refund but they dont

gwernb
7/21/16

As my title states, rather inconsistent. Both myself and my husband needed to remove our network locks for travel. A code arrived for my phone within the hours, however my husbands phone took three days. I don't understand this as our phones are identical.
Other than the time issue, my concerns were addressed in a adequate time and manner and the end result was a positive one.

harrisb27
7/9/16

Got rip off 2 times with them .
Don't waste tour money go to your local carrier.
They are scammers... with fake reviews

lakis25
6/27/16

They provided following standard email as it is not possible to unlock it. They gave generic reasons for not able to unlock and none of them is valid.

---------------------Email extract from them

We apologize that on this occasion we have been unable to obtain an unlock code for your phone using the imei number supplied. We do not have access to the specific reasons for this, however the most likely scenarios are listed below, please check to ensure none of these apply to your phone:

The phone is blacklisted by the provider or reported lost or stolen
The phone is still under an active contract and the carrier has blocked unlocking. This is know as an unclean imei. If the phone was purchased second hand, we recommend that you contact the party that the phone was obtained from to receive this information. You can also contact your current service provider to verify this if the phone was not purchased from a third party.
The IMEI number submitted was incorrect

patricer3
6/1/16

Although the company provided the service - which worked as advertised - the time taken to receive the code was longer than advertised. I was under the impression that the code would be delivered within 24 hours at the outset, with most arriving under 12 hours. A few hours after placing the order however, we received an email stating that there was a delay on the server and the code could take up to 72 hours.
This was not the case however and the code arrived in approximately 30 hours - still longer than advertised but nonetheless far faster than the updated time frame.
Communication was excellent with regard to updates and queries, for this reason I would consider using them again on condition that they guarantee a time frame if I need the code urgently.

jaxonc1
5/29/16

Like alot of people on here, I was told by these ppl they could unlock my phone so I paid the $8.99 and waited and today I got 2 emails. The first one said the usual - they couldnt unlock my phone and that I would get a full refund in 7 business days. Then I got a second email saying that I would get my refund in 10 business days. So which is it? And why are so many people fighting to get their refunds back?

chrism248
4/29/16

Two orders never refunded. They're only good at creating fake account on
Web sites like this, to boost their review score to 3 stars and to copy and paste the same reply (signed by Rebecca) over and over again. You'll probably see that kind of reply soon after this review
Don't be misled. You'll never get your money back. No wonder why PayPal can't trust them anymore, so don't trust them even with your credit card!

lolam20
4/28/16

I was very impressed with the delivery speed for the LG I was unlocking. The code arrived so fast and was accurate. I am still awaiting a code for my iPhone, this was ordered a few days ago so is taking longer than I thought. Guess some phones take longer to unlock than others but they should tel you that

kristinas39
4/26/16

I ordered an unlock code and like many others my phone could not be unlocked. I was told I would receive a refund and its been 3 weeks and I have yet to see a single dollar WARNING do not use this service cause their money back guarantee is a load of BS, you will not receive your money back if they cant unlock it

junea16
4/17/16

Just has my LG locked to vodafone unlocked in four hours for a few dollars. Good deal. I installed my new sim card and all is up and running perfectly. Thanks for a great service.

asafg
4/11/16

Good for the cost but maybe slow at getting the code delivered. Maybe not a good one to use if you are in a hurry. Luckily I wasn't and now have an unlocked phone. CS replied to my emails and kept me up to date with the delay. Would use again

jennac24
4/8/16

They were unable to unlock my phone. I requested a refund and they have stopped replying to my emails. SCAM!

ellac29
4/3/16

Absolute trash. I was told I would get a refund since they could not unlock my phone, a few weeks later, still no refund, so I emailed them. I got a reply saying they would follow up and that I would get my refund within the week, another month later still no refund. I've emailed 3 times since then, and haven't received ANY RESPONSE AT ALL. I will be contacting PayPal after this to let them know they are partnering with a SCAM company.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THE UNLOCK TEAM.

caroled10
3/26/16

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY i have been chasing for my refund for past 2 weeks now to have been told to get the charges made from my card back from my bank as they sent refund yet cant provide me with any proof they have actually sent me refund my bank has insisted that no refund has been sent to my account then THESE RIP OFF SCAMMERS had the nerve to send me an email asking for me to forward them a copy of my bank statement like yeah right you have ripped me of once not a hope in hells chance am i going to send you a copy of my bank statment. PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A COMPANY YOU WILL GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY AN BE LEFT WITH NO SERVICE YOU PAID FOR AN NOT A HOPE IN HELL OF GETTING A REFUND i have also reported this bogus scam company to google as i am shocked they allow scammers to use there site

terryr44
3/10/16

They are bad thieves. They are incompetent an try to steal your money. Use PayPal so you stay in control. They said they could unlock my Z10 and to pay. I paid then the email came saying they can't unlock it after all and I would get a refund in 3-5 days. I was upset that it takes 3 -5 days to click a PayPal refund button. I waited 1 week ... no refund. I emailed Where's my refund!! I got a reply that it could be 10 more days and if I don't see it to email again!! Are you serious!! I emailed a threat to contact PayPal if I didn't get a refund within 24 hours! They had to ask for my email to send the refund??? This company should be shut down and investigated by the IRS!!! They gave my refund after the threat.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BE A SUCKER!!

27 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TheUnlockTeam staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
7/11/16
Answer
rebeccas26
A: Hi,
Please contact us at refunds@theunlockteam.com including your order number and we will be able to look into your issue.
Regards