US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

amandat86
2/16/17

They are scam artist. They said they could give me an unlock code turns out they couldn't charge me more than what they were asking online. Now they want me to give them my PayPal account which I don't have to return the money. Do not use these people for nothing you will never get your money back.

jcr4
2/15/17

it is a waste of time. I tried samsung alpha, 2 -s3, lg k4 and nothing... This was a waste of time, save yourself the time and pay a little more.

slimw
2/14/17

These guys are crooks they claim this and that say all this bs on there site but thats all it is is bs they scam ppl on the daily beware

prestond12
2/6/17

It came the same day and unlocked the phone in time for vacation, spot on service, easy to follow, top notch

bobh145
2/4/17

Its a scam.They never send the unlock code.
They will delay your refund and hope that you forget about it.
It`s astonishing that authorities aren`t doing anything to stop this scam.

anthonyl85
2/1/17

I got scammed by this Unlock team. I should have known that the posted price of $7.99 Cdn for unlocking iphone5 was too good to be true. They charged me $12.10 instead of the posted price. I got an email 2 days later telling me that they couldn't unlock my phone and that a refund was in place.They said it takes 7 days and when that period had expired, I contacted them and they said it will take another 13 days. It has been 2 weeks now and nothing. Beware of this company.

Tip for consumers: Beware of this company!!

sianam1
1/30/17

Received a working code but come one guys, six days! There are sites out there that do it in one and I was told one. More speed!

owenl12
1/24/17

Followed instructions and received a message back that they could unlock my phone. Paid the money only to receive an email shortly after 'apologising' that they couldn't unlock it. As per their terms & conditions, a full refund was to be within 7 days....didn't happen.
Not a nice way to do business....lesson learned!

lesb14
1/20/17

they could not unlock phone, had to chase and chase and chase, and no refund.
paid with credit card, now they want paypal info for refund...no chance....
go to your cell provider, and they will unlock phone for a very reasonable price if you have been with them 3 months.....do not go for this "team" ....scam scam scam.....

firsts10
1/17/17

DO NOT USE,NEVER THEUNLOCKTEAM.COM
"REBECA" AND COMPANY WILL NOT REFUND YOU.
I ALREADY PLACE A CLAIM TO AUTHORITIES FOR WEBSITE SHOUT DOWN.

chrisc314
1/14/17

I would rate a 0 if possible. I went through the steps to request a code for my S5. No response for a couple days. I sent an email to them for support and was told they had no record of the transaction. Though my visa statement Cleary shows paying them 8.99 plus exchange.

After several exchanges with their "support staff", they gave me a code....which, surprise surprise, didn't work. I informed them of this. After a wait, they said they would refund my money. In 10 days. It is now 18 days later. No money.

Buyer be aware of this site. They only thing they do is take your money

lionelm29
1/13/17

I requested a code for an LG G3 mobile phone, as my network were going to charge me a crazy amount to buy out the contract and unlock the phone. The website itself looks very dated and basic, but I decided to give it a go as it was a lower price.
The code came in a very reasonable time frame, but entering it into the phone was another matter!
I expected one code, but was presented with five. I'm not very technically savy and the instructions were not clearly written in laymons terms. There was a great deal of information in there that I simply did not understand. This delayed me using the code as I had to get help from customer support, who do take a while to answer emails.
Once I had clarified which code to use, and how to enter it the phone did however unlock and accept mu new sim card.
I recommend updating your instructions, you need to remember that we are not all technically minded and do need a little extra help when it comes to things we aren't familiar with.
Other than that, thanks for the code and I would come back

fringer
1/12/17

I have 2 phones that need unlocking from two separate carriers so that my wife and i can get a family plan
Your reviews here, however, don't inspire faith.
I work at national television news outlet as well as write for a local paper (in a major metropolitan city) and three other online publications. If your service is a scam knowledge of it will extend far beyond the walls of this review forum. But should you be legit, I would write about it and assure the public of its validity.
So, do you trust your product?

nimishas
1/11/17

I placed my order in unlocking my phone in the beginning of december with unlock team. they said its possible to unlock the phone. and I paid for 2 of my phones. The very next day, i got an email saying that its not possible to unlock my phone and they will provide a refund. its been almost a month. I asked them almost 5 times for the refund. I paid with two different cards for each of my phone. they said they have a twchnical problem issuing refund to my card. technical problem for a refund to both of my cards ??? Please don't believe them. they didn't even show the manners to getting back to me via email. guys, please don't go for this. its a complete fraud.

stevem300
1/7/17

Well what can I say about them!? Except that it is coming up to 30 days since they were unable to provide me with a unlock code which I do understand it is not always going to be that easy to unlock a phone. Here is where the problem for me is! If you fail to provide a service the least you can do is honour your refund guarantee!!! My lesson learned don't waste your time or your $12.22! Hey maybe 2018 I might see a refund???

ethens
12/28/16

I had same kind of experience with them but paul and rebecca from the Unlockteam they helped me and replied all of my emails promptly, as they promised they have returned my money through paypal account. I really appreciate them and they are trust worthy. You should understand these kind of online transactions will take some time based on your bank credit cards. I have waited approximately for 3 weeks to get the refund. Thanks

oliverr19
12/18/16

I was very dubious after the code hadn't arrived three days after ordering, especially considering some of the reviews, but they cam through and my motorola was unlocked. I did get an email saying there was a delay, I think this should have been mentioned before i purchased (rather than the instant that was quoted), so take the instant part with a pinch of salt!
All in all, the phone was unlocked and all works well so four stars for that, minus one for the slightly dishonest portrail of an instant unlock code.

Tip for consumers: Not always instant like they claim

ericg77
12/16/16

They play these tricks by now:
1 You are asked to input your cell phone information, including IMEI and service provider.
2 Whatever information you input (even if you input an unknown phone model, invalid IMEI or service provider, or simply input nothing), they will tell you that your phone "can be unlocked". How can they unlock a non-existing model?!
3 In the checkout page, you will find the price changed from $4.99 to $8.99, you SHOULD stop here!
There is a hint for you identify such kind of cheaters: they always ask you to pay by credit card instead of Paypal.
For a small website, Paypay is much cheaper than implementing a credit card gateway, Why don't they use Paypal?
4 You will receive an email telling you to wait "6 to 12 hours, in rare cases, up to 24 hours".
5 "Rare case" happened, you did receive the instruction after 12 hours.
What happened? It's simple, they are waiting for your money to their pocket.
6 Finally, they will send an email to tell you "Unfortunately...", which shows that they have received your money.
7 In the email they will also give you a link to download some jailbreak software.
Do you dare to run it?
8 If you call your bank now, you will found a transaction of $12.25 with the name of "WWW.CGBILLING.COM".

Conclusion:
The Unlock Team is NOT a team of hackers, but a team of (lazy) cheaters!
If you want to try some jailbreak software, that's your choice, but don't pay $12.57 for a free software from someone else!

bobsu
12/6/16

Just read all the other reviews. These a just a bunch of crooks with a computer and stock responses to delaying your refund.

pingb1
11/21/16

They said they couldn't obtain an unlock code for my phone so a full refund was gonna be issued. They charge me twice cause the first time I tried to purchase it said that there was a problem. I thought I had a problem with my visa so I tried with another card. I been chasing them for 3 months now. They said that there was a technical error with my refund and it did not process to my account. So they asked me for my PayPal email address... It's been 2 weeks passed since I last e-mailed them and still didn't get a refund... I tried to e-mail them again today but it always says "sending failed" I don't know if they blocked me and they closed down their account.

sanjaym13
11/17/16

I was worried about using this website and sending money to unlock my phone after reading some of the reviews, but for the sake of a few dollars I went ahead and submitted my phone - lg, I got my email just like they said i would and i followed the instructions word for word and the phone was unlocked. All in a few hours. Good service

mc531
11/15/16

I was stupid enough not to read the reviews before I made the purchase and I will never make the mistake again. It says on their website Iphone unlocking is now INSTANT so after payment i get this email from them "Thank you for submitting an unlock request with us. We are pleased to tell you that it is possible to unlock your phone. If you continued to payment your order is currently processing and you will receive all information to this email address within 6-12 hours. In rare cases the process may take up to 24 hours." thats not INSTANT and also i recieved no receipt of purchase from them. I emailed them with no reply as everything they do seems to take 9 housrs in their terms to get back to you seems like a huge scam!!!!!!!!!!!!

annl63
11/8/16

I paid 8.99 to get my iphone unlocked.I received an email the next day saying they were unable to unlock my phone and would provide me a refund within 7 to 14 days. I waited 14 days and the refund still have not been processed. I emailed them back and forth for 10 days and they said that there were problems with the credit card refund and asked me for my paypal account and they would refund me to my paypal. Turned out they sent me a fake paypal email. Don't ever use this site. It's a total scam.

ritaf18
11/7/16

Code number one - didn't work. Code number two - didn't work. Code number three - at last, a code that actually unlocked the phone! This too me more than a week and ten emails. The third code eventually unlocked my phone but it really shouldn't take this long for a simple unlock code.
I suggest you look elsewhere if you want a reliable service in a hurry. Customer service was good, but they obviously need to provide a reliable service first time around.
I have used online service for unlocking in the past and they have always worked the first time.

chrisl191
11/3/16

It was very easy to understand and to follow instructions.
I appreciated to have information about the process in several emails. I regret not knowing how long I would need to wait: I waited more than 24 hours to get the unlock code.. When I emailed, not time was given. Even if you do not know exactly how long it takes, please tell us an idea.
I will recommend you for the price, and simplicity....not for time.

33 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TheUnlockTeam staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
poopayeh
Poopaye H.
on 1/10/17
Answer
rebeccas26
Rebecca S. [TheUnlockTeam Rep]
A: Hi there,
Please contact us at sales@theunlockteam.com including your order number and we will be able to help you.
Thanks.