US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

bobsu
12/6/16

Just read all the other reviews. These a just a bunch of crooks with a computer and stock responses to delaying your refund.

pingb1
11/21/16

They said they couldn't obtain an unlock code for my phone so a full refund was gonna be issued. They charge me twice cause the first time I tried to purchase it said that there was a problem. I thought I had a problem with my visa so I tried with another card. I been chasing them for 3 months now. They said that there was a technical error with my refund and it did not process to my account. So they asked me for my PayPal email address... It's been 2 weeks passed since I last e-mailed them and still didn't get a refund... I tried to e-mail them again today but it always says "sending failed" I don't know if they blocked me and they closed down their account.

sanjaym13
11/17/16

I was worried about using this website and sending money to unlock my phone after reading some of the reviews, but for the sake of a few dollars I went ahead and submitted my phone - lg, I got my email just like they said i would and i followed the instructions word for word and the phone was unlocked. All in a few hours. Good service

mc531
11/15/16

I was stupid enough not to read the reviews before I made the purchase and I will never make the mistake again. It says on their website Iphone unlocking is now INSTANT so after payment i get this email from them "Thank you for submitting an unlock request with us. We are pleased to tell you that it is possible to unlock your phone. If you continued to payment your order is currently processing and you will receive all information to this email address within 6-12 hours. In rare cases the process may take up to 24 hours." thats not INSTANT and also i recieved no receipt of purchase from them. I emailed them with no reply as everything they do seems to take 9 housrs in their terms to get back to you seems like a huge scam!!!!!!!!!!!!

annl63
11/8/16

I paid 8.99 to get my iphone unlocked.I received an email the next day saying they were unable to unlock my phone and would provide me a refund within 7 to 14 days. I waited 14 days and the refund still have not been processed. I emailed them back and forth for 10 days and they said that there were problems with the credit card refund and asked me for my paypal account and they would refund me to my paypal. Turned out they sent me a fake paypal email. Don't ever use this site. It's a total scam.

ritaf18
11/7/16

Code number one - didn't work. Code number two - didn't work. Code number three - at last, a code that actually unlocked the phone! This too me more than a week and ten emails. The third code eventually unlocked my phone but it really shouldn't take this long for a simple unlock code.
I suggest you look elsewhere if you want a reliable service in a hurry. Customer service was good, but they obviously need to provide a reliable service first time around.
I have used online service for unlocking in the past and they have always worked the first time.

chrisl191
11/3/16

It was very easy to understand and to follow instructions.
I appreciated to have information about the process in several emails. I regret not knowing how long I would need to wait: I waited more than 24 hours to get the unlock code.. When I emailed, not time was given. Even if you do not know exactly how long it takes, please tell us an idea.
I will recommend you for the price, and simplicity....not for time.

roberts514
11/3/16

So I decided to give this phone unlock service a try, "TheUnlockTeam" since their price was reasonable. I paid for an unlock code then after a day they emailed me saying they couldn't unlock it when it stated that my phone was unlock-able after I entered my phone's IMEI number on their website before I paid. The email also stated that I would get a full refund in 5 days. I waited over 10 days and still no refund so I had to call CGBILLING which UnlockTeam bills you with to get my money back. Had to tell them the UnlockTeam was a scam and did not provide the service I paid for. I emailed UnlockTeam prior to calling CGBILLING thought they would get their sh*t together but they told me I had to wait another 12 days for the refund to come when their first email stated 5 days then I emailed them again and they intentionally refused to reply to my email.

They lied about unlocking your phone.
They cheat their way to steal your money by hiding behind CGBILLING.

Save yourself and DO NOT go with these scammers.

Tip for consumers: SCAM SCAM SCAM LIE CHEAT AND STEAL

lp59
10/27/16

They could not unlock my phone and said I would get a refund. No refund so I contacted them. They said "sorry, we will do it now". Still haven't got a refund. SCAMMERS and they suck at unlocking. DO NOT USE>

jennar10
10/25/16

After a bad experience last year I gave them another shot. It was fast and did the job. Email reply was good after I sent the wrong carrier information and there was no additional charge for my mistake. Will be using them again

carolinem43
10/19/16

Paid to have my phone unlocked I was suspicous because when I keyed in my card details it said it had been refused so I was just about to try another when I logged onto my bank account and already the transaction was pending even though I was let to believe my card had been declined so true to form I was told for various reasons that my phone could not be unlocked have sent lots of e-mails looking for a refund and to date have not yet received went to my local phone shop and they unlocked it via text the next day.
They are SCAMMERS they have no intention of unlocking your phone and any of the good reviews here are false written in there spare time while they do nothing because they are not unlocking phones that's for sure.

brookev5
10/12/16

I put in my imei code and they said they could unlock it and not even 12 hours later they sent me some stupid message claiming they couldn't unlock it and they will refund my money. They said this September 23rd. It's now October 12th and they still haven't done $#*!!! Man I would love to take these people to court over $12.00 I don't care if it was even $5.00 my money is my money and NO ONE $#*!s with it. Idiots.. (shaking my head) long story short always read reviews before u do something, I feel like an idiot for not reading the reviews cause the website looked legit.

chantellep1
10/12/16

The Unlockteam keeps promising to give me my refund but still nothing....they couldn't help me but they helped their selves to my money.....nothing but scammers please do not use them

carlyj9
10/6/16

It's been 2.5 weeks since I paid for an unlock code, I've emailed the seller but no response. Wish I had read the reviews before I purchased.
Update - I did contact Paypal and was refunded my money by The Unlock Team.

timothys64
10/6/16

I bought a phone that was supposed to be unlocked to all networks off a private seller - after spending a lot of money i was upset and looked for the cheapest option to get it unlock - 40+ was the quotes from the shops so i said I would chance this service for 6.99 if it was a scan it would not of been the worst loss. as described within 12 hours i got a code and it worked - BOOM - spanking new phone unlocked to all networks

solomong7
9/27/16

I won't complain too much, this was a low cost unlocking site and I did get my code. But they were slow and CS wasn't up to much.
A fair deal for the price made up for the slow service

danielw104
9/2/16

This website is a complete fraud and after doing some research it operates out of the Baden - Wurttemberg region of Germany.

The following is the website for the police station in this city to file a complaint and hopefully get them shut down!
Baden-Wurttemberg Police (https://www.bkms-system.net/bkwebanon/report/clientinfo?cin=12lkabw23&language=ger

You can also report them to econsumer.gov which deals with cyber fraud.

I was scammed by them and happily contacted both of these departments to prevent this website from scamming others.

gordonl25
8/26/16

I placed an order for my iPhone 5s to be unlocked and it clearly stated the price was $4.99 but they charged me $11.54 raising the price so high almost triple the Amount ripping people off faster than an Aneurysm. For $11.54 all I got was an email saying they can "Try" to unlock the iPhone. And 12 hours later recieved an email saying We Can't unlock it please allow up to seven days for a refund it's been almost 2 weeks and no refund has been issued I've sent Various amounts of emails but have got no reply back. I suggest if you have a phone go to your carrier yes, it may be $30-$100 but you are gurenteed Safety efficiency and repairs of no charge if the phone were to lock back.

vikkim3
8/22/16

I have been mostly impressed with my purchase in that the unlock code freed up my G3. The only niggle I have which seems to be a popular one is how long it took to deliver the code. You can't say it's instant when it isn't!.
Rant over, I expressed my feelings and got an apology. The phone is all good so they're forgiven I guess.
All in all, good but not if you're in a real hurry.

thiend
8/20/16

I wanted to unlock my iphone 5s phone locked to rogers network and came across this website which raise my suspicion because it promised to unlock for a cheap price of $5 USD! I went on sitejabber to read the reviews and despite the many bad reviews I went through anyways thinking if it didnt work, I would just lose $5. Anyways, I went through with it, inputed my IMEI number which they responded right away that it could be unlocked (again raised my suspicion because this is a automatic response). A day later, they emailed me and said they cant unlock my phone for various reasons...even though they said they could in the previous email. Anyways, I didn't care, so I waited for their refund which they said would take a week..guess what? It didn't come. Anyways, its been two weeks and I'm still waiting for a refund.

IN CONCLUSION:
I GAMBLED ON $5 TO SEE IF THE WEBSITE IS A SCAM, AND INDEED ITS A SCAM. I WASTED MY $5, SO YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO. IF THE PRICE IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, ITS PROBABLY IS.

trevorh17
8/15/16

Ok, to start, the confusing part. You do not receive one code, I received five, with only a brief explanation of what each one was. I needed to contact them to work this out as you only get a few attempts to input the right code before you get locked out. I received a fast reply though and they sent out a list of the reasons for each code, which should really have been with the first email in the first place. Once I knew which code to use it took my sim lock away and accepted the new sim card. Better instructions would be good though. Oh, and it took two days, not 24 hours.

ormondw
8/11/16

My code was emailed on the day I ordered it and unlocked my phone without issue. Can't give any advise on the customer service of this company - I didn't need it, but speed was excellent and the charge reasonable.
I would probably come back if I needed to.

akij
8/6/16

they stole my money and never unlocked my $#*!in phone biggest scammers of all time never ever buy from them use cellularunlocker.net best ever received unlock code in a hour works flawless im not a marketer but this is the best sit $#*! unlockingteam use unlock panda or unlock company $#*! this $#*!

tariqr2
8/2/16

Success!! Eventually. A little issue with the first code...it didnt work. Customer service was fairly fast in response with a new code that went in fine. I could have done with the first code working so I wasnt waiting so long but im glad I can use my shiny new phone now...the wait was worth it.

claudeb34
8/2/16

My bank account has been charged on July 29. The promised unlocking "within 24 hours at most" has not been kept. No acknowledgment of my request has been issued. I am in limbo with a still locked phone. An Email to the company has also been ignored.

31 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TheUnlockTeam staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
jeevc
Jeev C.
1 month ago
Answer
erico25
Eric O.
A: Not at all. In hind sight it seems that there business model is to make money from the people who do not challenge them to get their money back. This is why I always pay by credit card, never Paypal etc. With a credit card you can always reverse the transaction which then puts the responsibility back on the seller to prove that the transaction was completed, and correctly.
6 days, 18 hours ago