US Government’s NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

firsts10
1/17/17

DO NOT USE,NEVER THEUNLOCKTEAM.COM
"REBECA" AND COMPANY WILL NOT REFUND YOU.
I ALREADY PLACE A CLAIM TO AUTHORITIES FOR WEBSITE SHOUT DOWN.

chrisc314
1/14/17

I would rate a 0 if possible. I went through the steps to request a code for my S5. No response for a couple days. I sent an email to them for support and was told they had no record of the transaction. Though my visa statement Cleary shows paying them 8.99 plus exchange.

After several exchanges with their "support staff", they gave me a code....which, surprise surprise, didn't work. I informed them of this. After a wait, they said they would refund my money. In 10 days. It is now 18 days later. No money.

Buyer be aware of this site. They only thing they do is take your money

lionelm29
1/13/17

I requested a code for an LG G3 mobile phone, as my network were going to charge me a crazy amount to buy out the contract and unlock the phone. The website itself looks very dated and basic, but I decided to give it a go as it was a lower price.
The code came in a very reasonable time frame, but entering it into the phone was another matter!
I expected one code, but was presented with five. I'm not very technically savy and the instructions were not clearly written in laymons terms. There was a great deal of information in there that I simply did not understand. This delayed me using the code as I had to get help from customer support, who do take a while to answer emails.
Once I had clarified which code to use, and how to enter it the phone did however unlock and accept mu new sim card.
I recommend updating your instructions, you need to remember that we are not all technically minded and do need a little extra help when it comes to things we aren't familiar with.
Other than that, thanks for the code and I would come back

fringer
1/12/17

I have 2 phones that need unlocking from two separate carriers so that my wife and i can get a family plan
Your reviews here, however, don't inspire faith.
I work at national television news outlet as well as write for a local paper (in a major metropolitan city) and three other online publications. If your service is a scam knowledge of it will extend far beyond the walls of this review forum. But should you be legit, I would write about it and assure the public of its validity.
So, do you trust your product?

nimishas
1/11/17

I placed my order in unlocking my phone in the beginning of december with unlock team. they said its possible to unlock the phone. and I paid for 2 of my phones. The very next day, i got an email saying that its not possible to unlock my phone and they will provide a refund. its been almost a month. I asked them almost 5 times for the refund. I paid with two different cards for each of my phone. they said they have a twchnical problem issuing refund to my card. technical problem for a refund to both of my cards ??? Please don't believe them. they didn't even show the manners to getting back to me via email. guys, please don't go for this. its a complete fraud.

stevem300
1/7/17

Well what can I say about them!? Except that it is coming up to 30 days since they were unable to provide me with a unlock code which I do understand it is not always going to be that easy to unlock a phone. Here is where the problem for me is! If you fail to provide a service the least you can do is honour your refund guarantee!!! My lesson learned don't waste your time or your $12.22! Hey maybe 2018 I might see a refund???

ethens
12/28/16

I had same kind of experience with them but paul and rebecca from the Unlockteam they helped me and replied all of my emails promptly, as they promised they have returned my money through paypal account. I really appreciate them and they are trust worthy. You should understand these kind of online transactions will take some time based on your bank credit cards. I have waited approximately for 3 weeks to get the refund. Thanks

oliverr19
12/18/16

I was very dubious after the code hadn't arrived three days after ordering, especially considering some of the reviews, but they cam through and my motorola was unlocked. I did get an email saying there was a delay, I think this should have been mentioned before i purchased (rather than the instant that was quoted), so take the instant part with a pinch of salt!
All in all, the phone was unlocked and all works well so four stars for that, minus one for the slightly dishonest portrail of an instant unlock code.

Tip for consumers: Not always instant like they claim

ericg77
12/16/16

They play these tricks by now:
1 You are asked to input your cell phone information, including IMEI and service provider.
2 Whatever information you input (even if you input an unknown phone model, invalid IMEI or service provider, or simply input nothing), they will tell you that your phone "can be unlocked". How can they unlock a non-existing model?!
3 In the checkout page, you will find the price changed from $4.99 to $8.99, you SHOULD stop here!
There is a hint for you identify such kind of cheaters: they always ask you to pay by credit card instead of Paypal.
For a small website, Paypay is much cheaper than implementing a credit card gateway, Why don't they use Paypal?
4 You will receive an email telling you to wait "6 to 12 hours, in rare cases, up to 24 hours".
5 "Rare case" happened, you did receive the instruction after 12 hours.
What happened? It's simple, they are waiting for your money to their pocket.
6 Finally, they will send an email to tell you "Unfortunately...", which shows that they have received your money.
7 In the email they will also give you a link to download some jailbreak software.
Do you dare to run it?
8 If you call your bank now, you will found a transaction of $12.25 with the name of "WWW.CGBILLING.COM".

Conclusion:
The Unlock Team is NOT a team of hackers, but a team of (lazy) cheaters!
If you want to try some jailbreak software, that's your choice, but don't pay $12.57 for a free software from someone else!

bobsu
12/6/16

Just read all the other reviews. These a just a bunch of crooks with a computer and stock responses to delaying your refund.

pingb1
11/21/16

They said they couldn't obtain an unlock code for my phone so a full refund was gonna be issued. They charge me twice cause the first time I tried to purchase it said that there was a problem. I thought I had a problem with my visa so I tried with another card. I been chasing them for 3 months now. They said that there was a technical error with my refund and it did not process to my account. So they asked me for my PayPal email address... It's been 2 weeks passed since I last e-mailed them and still didn't get a refund... I tried to e-mail them again today but it always says "sending failed" I don't know if they blocked me and they closed down their account.

sanjaym13
11/17/16

I was worried about using this website and sending money to unlock my phone after reading some of the reviews, but for the sake of a few dollars I went ahead and submitted my phone - lg, I got my email just like they said i would and i followed the instructions word for word and the phone was unlocked. All in a few hours. Good service

mc531
11/15/16

I was stupid enough not to read the reviews before I made the purchase and I will never make the mistake again. It says on their website Iphone unlocking is now INSTANT so after payment i get this email from them "Thank you for submitting an unlock request with us. We are pleased to tell you that it is possible to unlock your phone. If you continued to payment your order is currently processing and you will receive all information to this email address within 6-12 hours. In rare cases the process may take up to 24 hours." thats not INSTANT and also i recieved no receipt of purchase from them. I emailed them with no reply as everything they do seems to take 9 housrs in their terms to get back to you seems like a huge scam!!!!!!!!!!!!

annl63
11/8/16

I paid 8.99 to get my iphone unlocked.I received an email the next day saying they were unable to unlock my phone and would provide me a refund within 7 to 14 days. I waited 14 days and the refund still have not been processed. I emailed them back and forth for 10 days and they said that there were problems with the credit card refund and asked me for my paypal account and they would refund me to my paypal. Turned out they sent me a fake paypal email. Don't ever use this site. It's a total scam.

ritaf18
11/7/16

Code number one - didn't work. Code number two - didn't work. Code number three - at last, a code that actually unlocked the phone! This too me more than a week and ten emails. The third code eventually unlocked my phone but it really shouldn't take this long for a simple unlock code.
I suggest you look elsewhere if you want a reliable service in a hurry. Customer service was good, but they obviously need to provide a reliable service first time around.
I have used online service for unlocking in the past and they have always worked the first time.

chrisl191
11/3/16

It was very easy to understand and to follow instructions.
I appreciated to have information about the process in several emails. I regret not knowing how long I would need to wait: I waited more than 24 hours to get the unlock code.. When I emailed, not time was given. Even if you do not know exactly how long it takes, please tell us an idea.
I will recommend you for the price, and simplicity....not for time.

roberts514
11/3/16

So I decided to give this phone unlock service a try, "TheUnlockTeam" since their price was reasonable. I paid for an unlock code then after a day they emailed me saying they couldn't unlock it when it stated that my phone was unlock-able after I entered my phone's IMEI number on their website before I paid. The email also stated that I would get a full refund in 5 days. I waited over 10 days and still no refund so I had to call CGBILLING which UnlockTeam bills you with to get my money back. Had to tell them the UnlockTeam was a scam and did not provide the service I paid for. I emailed UnlockTeam prior to calling CGBILLING thought they would get their sh*t together but they told me I had to wait another 12 days for the refund to come when their first email stated 5 days then I emailed them again and they intentionally refused to reply to my email.

They lied about unlocking your phone.
They cheat their way to steal your money by hiding behind CGBILLING.

Save yourself and DO NOT go with these scammers.

Tip for consumers: SCAM SCAM SCAM LIE CHEAT AND STEAL

lp59
10/27/16

They could not unlock my phone and said I would get a refund. No refund so I contacted them. They said "sorry, we will do it now". Still haven't got a refund. SCAMMERS and they suck at unlocking. DO NOT USE>

jennar10
10/25/16

After a bad experience last year I gave them another shot. It was fast and did the job. Email reply was good after I sent the wrong carrier information and there was no additional charge for my mistake. Will be using them again

carolinem43
10/19/16

Paid to have my phone unlocked I was suspicous because when I keyed in my card details it said it had been refused so I was just about to try another when I logged onto my bank account and already the transaction was pending even though I was let to believe my card had been declined so true to form I was told for various reasons that my phone could not be unlocked have sent lots of e-mails looking for a refund and to date have not yet received went to my local phone shop and they unlocked it via text the next day.
They are SCAMMERS they have no intention of unlocking your phone and any of the good reviews here are false written in there spare time while they do nothing because they are not unlocking phones that's for sure.

brookev5
10/12/16

I put in my imei code and they said they could unlock it and not even 12 hours later they sent me some stupid message claiming they couldn't unlock it and they will refund my money. They said this September 23rd. It's now October 12th and they still haven't done $#*!!! Man I would love to take these people to court over $12.00 I don't care if it was even $5.00 my money is my money and NO ONE $#*!s with it. Idiots.. (shaking my head) long story short always read reviews before u do something, I feel like an idiot for not reading the reviews cause the website looked legit.

chantellep1
10/12/16

The Unlockteam keeps promising to give me my refund but still nothing....they couldn't help me but they helped their selves to my money.....nothing but scammers please do not use them

carlyj9
10/6/16

It's been 2.5 weeks since I paid for an unlock code, I've emailed the seller but no response. Wish I had read the reviews before I purchased.
Update - I did contact Paypal and was refunded my money by The Unlock Team.

timothys64
10/6/16

I bought a phone that was supposed to be unlocked to all networks off a private seller - after spending a lot of money i was upset and looked for the cheapest option to get it unlock - 40+ was the quotes from the shops so i said I would chance this service for 6.99 if it was a scan it would not of been the worst loss. as described within 12 hours i got a code and it worked - BOOM - spanking new phone unlocked to all networks

solomong7
9/27/16

I won't complain too much, this was a low cost unlocking site and I did get my code. But they were slow and CS wasn't up to much.
A fair deal for the price made up for the slow service

33 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TheUnlockTeam staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
poopayeh
Poopaye H.
1 week, 2 days ago
Answer
rebeccas26
Rebecca S. [TheUnlockTeam Rep]
A: Hi there,
Please contact us at sales@theunlockteam.com including your order number and we will be able to help you.
Thanks.