Review of TheUnlockTeam

Tel: 232553532
sales@theunlockteam.com

rd106
11/22/17

I ordered an unlock. I was told they were ABLE to do it. After a few days, I was sent this long winded email how it couldn't be done and I will be refunded. NO REFUND CAME!! They won't answer to any emails now. STAY AWAY!!

parveshm
11/14/17

They cant unlock my phone. They sent me a long email which basically told me to "try" unlocking it with some software. They wouldnt be responsible if my phone got fried while doing that. I have asked for a refund... lets see what happens. I wish I had looked for this site before paying.....what a mess.

justinm122
11/4/17

Yo everyone reading this, my name is Justin. Today is November 4 2017. Yesterday on the 3rd I went on this site looking for a code to unlock my galaxy s7 edge. Once I popped in my iemi and info needed , I received an email saying my phone was eligible for an unlock code. The email also noted it could take 6-12, and possibly up to 24 hours to receive this code. After I paid, I read reviews (which I should've done before) ALL NEGATIVE, everyone got scammed, without a refund. The same $#*! just happened to me. Today I received an email now stating they cannot give me an unlock code. I know I wont get a refund, so I told the $#*!heads to keep my 11 bucks. Dont use this site, I recommend using ebay to obtain a code, much more safe and reliable considering you can read legit reviews and see feedback. Hope this helps some of you. As I learnt a lesson myself!!!

lesliem86
10/29/17

They couldn't unlock my phone they sent me an email telling me that they were gonna refund my money and THEY NEVER REFUND ME it's been 3 months since they said they would I sent them a couple emails before i wrote my review bit they won't answer. SAVE YOUR MONEY DON'T USR THEM

nathanaelp3
10/25/17

Failed to unlock, failed to refund, will not respond to emails.

Currently have issued a complaint with Mastercard to get my money back.

Response from Rebecca S., TheUnlockTeam Representative
We are sorry to hear that you are less than happy with the service you have received. If the code or software advice we sent failed to unlock your phone you can contact us at refunds@theunlockteam.com with your order number we will be more than happy to refund your order in full.
ashleyw147
10/19/17

They failed to unlock my phone and then did not reply to my emails or issue my guaranteed refund. Overall experience was a sketchy one, choose a more well known and sponsored site!

jeffr1237
10/11/17

I wish I found sitejabber before I attempted to place an order with the Unlock Team. I went through the process online, hit submit and received and email that didn't even acknowledge my payment or give an order number.
I tried contact both the sales and support email addresses on the website and only got back another copy of the first useless email. It's been 12 days and still nothing.
But they still processed my payment.
I just sent off an email to their refunds address so we'll see how that goes I guess.
Save yourself the trouble and look elsewhere.

wills91
10/10/17

They said 6-12 hours. After 14 hours I contacted them and was told they may not be able to provide an unlock code and here are a few freeware programs that you can use to software unlock your phone. If it's freeware, why am I paying you for it. So I pressed them for a timeline on when I can expect the code and if they cannot provide one, then I want a refund. They did not respond regarding getting a code, they simply said they would issue a refund. Afterwards I went to sim-unlock.net and got a code in under 5 minutes including payment.

Tip for consumers: Don't. Go to sim-unlock.net instead.

samehs1
10/5/17

I didn't get my unlock code and my refund was not issued because of Technical issue with my email address, I emailed them and the issue was resolved and refund was within 24 hours, It is an OK experience and I would have rated them fine only If i got my lock code :)

brandonb108
10/2/17

Refunds are instant, if you haven't gotten yours its because you haven't convinced them hard enough, they refunded directly to my paypal after some intimidating emails.

marka255
9/30/17

Paid to have my LG G4 unlocked. They processed my payment immediately. The next day I received an email saying they couldn't unlock it and I would get a refund in 3-5 business days. One month later and no refund I contacted them and received another email saying it could take up to 7 business days for a refund. 6 weeks after they immediately charged my card I am still awaiting a refund. BTW, I was able to successfully unlock my phone at a kiosk at my local mall. THIS IS A SCAM

Update: It is clear from the canned response below that they don't actually read the reviews. All they want is the APPEARANCE of actually caring about their customers. I still have had no response from them other than the fake response below.

tabithag3
9/17/17

Used this company in the past and unlocked phone fine and also unable to unload ci phone and received full refund in 3 days....recommended them

This time they were unable to unlock phone said I would receive my refund in 7days..:nope I email them they tell me to wait 12 days...still nope I email again n then I gotta email them my PayPal info Then they refund me a different amount

So took me contacting them twice over 2 weeks and incorrect refund

Then I ask why I did not get my correct refund and still no answer back!!
Never refer again n will steer my friends and family away now!!

joels71
9/6/17

These people tell you they can't unlock your phone but still charge you!! poor service stay away!! I have had this problem before!

donf58
9/3/17

I found a charge on my mastercard that I didn't recognize, with bcbilling....digital g', I contacted BMO MasterCard and they found it was unlock team, I hadn't even completed my sign up and somehow they charged me $11.16 cdn...I signed up for another one and thought it was the same one, however it went through Paypal for $7.00. Unlock team said they couldn't unlock phone....haven't heard back from other one yet, I told BMO that they hadn't given me anything and I didn't sign up for it. BMO refunded my charge of $11.16 CDN. $8.00US....use a credit card..call them if your not happy with service.

pierrelouism
8/29/17

THEY NEVER SENT ME THE UNLOCK CODE!!!
THEY NEVER REPLY TO E-MAILS.THEY NEVER SENT ME THE UNLOCK CODE!!!
THEY NEVER REPLY TO E-MAILS.

dennib1
8/24/17

I met all the criteria for their unlocking services and they still couldn't unlock my phone and they refused to give me a refund. The first clue that i should of noticed was that they have the comments disabled on their video so people can't see all the negative things people have to say about them.

hollym67
8/19/17

Terrible....don't go with this company to unlock your phone. They said they couldn't unlock mine and there was no good reason for it. I better get my money back...
I will let everyone know via social media if not. I will post another review in 7 days to let you know if I got my refund also....waste of a day and money!!

montet9
8/11/17

they told me they could unlock my phone, then after paying said that they could not unlock the phone but would refund within 7 days. I have written several times and get exactly the same response each time that there was a technical issue and they could refund within 24 hours to my paypal. it has been 4 months now

evand30
8/1/17

After providing them with IMEI nbr their reply was 100% we can unlock. Paid with credit card, got auto reply will provide code in 6-12 hrs, nothing happened, contacted scammers got fake reply: cannot get a code reason my phone must be stolen black listed or damaged.
I'm the original owner got it from the carrier I'm with Rogers and still using on same plan for 2 years and it works perfectly. Want to unlock it so I can lower my cost with a different carrier.
Anyhow it's not only the small $ amount but the deed. SCAM. Contacted mastercard they are going after them.

gerryd20
7/16/17

There is no way I would ever recommend this outfit to unlock your phone. Like almost all on here, the promises are stellar, but they do not deliver. If it is not one excuse, it is another. And stall....that is the ploy they rely on. Never did get an unlock code, never got the promised refund....went to another local outfit, they charged little more and unlocked the phone wile I waited. Nothing wrong with the phone at all, as I Was told by these scam artists.

Tip for consumers: Do not deserve even one star in any of these categories.

philipd39
7/4/17

Apparently they reply in 24 hours, but usually less than 12...not! I have sent numerous emails with no response well past the 24 hour time period. Like most of the others on here, they take your money, say they can't unlock the phone, tell you you're getting a refund and then don't give you a refund or respond to emails. I wish I had seen all the reviews before I went with this "company" to unlock my phone...

saifk6
6/13/17

Took my money and scammed me thives stole my money didn't unlock my phone never got a refund back wited 45 days and nothing

wilfredod8
6/8/17

They took my money and emailed me that I was able to unlock the phone to proceed to payment when I already paid . Nothing was sent to me ,ripped me off

kevint104
5/24/17

They took my money for a service they could not provide and did not refund it. Instead i heard one bull$#*! exuse after the next. No Good.

sithf
4/26/17

As you filled up the information needed they will send you that your phone will be positively able to unlock. Then you will pay. Then they will say the next day there is something wrong with the phone. the rating is zero star!!!!

They take your money but if they couldnt find the code u wont be refunded

By Masih A.

Hi, Please contact us at refunds@theunlockteam.com and we will be able to look into this and resolve the issue. Kind Regards, Paul.

By Rebecca S. [TheUnlockTeam Rep]

Hi there, Please contact us at sales@theunlockteam.com including your order number and we will be able to help you. Thanks.

By Rebecca S. [TheUnlockTeam Rep]

Not at all. In hind sight it seems that there business model is to make money from the people who do not challenge them to get their money back. This is why I always pay by credit card, never Paypal etc. With a credit card you can always reverse the transaction which then puts the responsibility back on the seller to prove that the transaction was completed, and correctly.

By Eric O.

Hi, Please contact us at refunds@theunlockteam.com including your order number and we will be able to look into your issue. Regards The Unlock Team

By rahman a.

Hi there, If you need an update regarding a refund you can contact us at refunds@theunlockteam.com.com and we will keep you updated. Kind Regards Paul

By Rebecca S. [TheUnlockTeam Rep]

Hi there, Please email sales@theunlockteam.com, including your order number and we can resend your code. It may be that your email filter has rejected messages Regards Paul

By Rebecca S. [TheUnlockTeam Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the TheUnlockTeam staff and other customers.

4 Photos for TheUnlockTeam