Review of SeatGeek

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

ahmadr12
5/22/17

AVOID THIS SITE TO BUY TICKETS. THEY WILL NOT REFUND IF THE EVENT WAS RESCHEDULED AND YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO ATTEND. YOU BETTER BUY TICKETS FROM A SELLER THAT WILL REFUND TICKETS IF EVENTS ARE RESCHEDULED SUCH AS TICKET MASTER. SEATGEEK SENT ME TICKETS FROM TICKET MASTER FOR JOHN LEGEND EVENT. THE SELLER GOT THE TICKETS FROM TICKET MASTER. FIRST I AM NOT ABLE TO GET REFUND FROM SEAT GEEK, SECOND I CANT TAKE REFUND FROM TCKET MASTER SINCE I DID NOT ORDER FROM THEM SO I LOST MY MONEY.

IF YOU BUY DIRECTLY FROM A TRUSTED SELLER LIKE TICKET MASTER YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET REFUND IF THINGS LIKE RESCHEDULED EVENTS HAPPEN

alyssac27
5/22/17

I wish I had read the review before purchasing 7 tickets because I was charged but was never able to access the tickets. The company refused to acknowledge there was a problem with their email and the access code and therefore refused to refund my money. To make it worse the person at the company I spoke with kept trying to point the blame on me that their email didn't work and kept giving me the same run around scripted answer every time he came back from "speaking with someone about the situation". Completely fraudulent company if you ask me.

suzannes57
5/20/17

This place took my money , i order tickets for the john legend concert and never received any information , but notice on my bank statement that the tickets was taken out of my account , i called the number online and was told that it was just a pre-authorization and the money would go back into my account . Well it didn't the money was taken out , i called seat geek and was told they got confirmation from the seller that i received the email with the tickets , i never did . They will not refund me my money and i am not out $284.00 and never got to see john legend ..

richf18
5/18/17

Just look at the reviews- wish I had before I found out once they have your credit card number you are stuck and on the hook no matter what the reason for a request for credit- I would never think about using them again !! Beware

jonathank49
5/17/17

Pleased with solution where I gave wrong email. They Found my tickets and provided them by email. I was afraid I would lose my order. Go Indians!

joaquinr7
5/16/17

I bought tickets for Coldplay and had trouble getting etickets i contact them and they sent me the two tickets . I thought that was it but lord and behold I look at my bank statement and the charged me twice . I contacted them again and the told me I had bought some befor I bought the second. Even though I only had one transaction confirmation and and when I asked for the fist pair they only sent me the first pair of ticket wich contradicts there statement of me buying two sets. Cuz they only sent me two ticket rather than the four they said I paid for !! I will defenetly never again use this site and will spread the word to everyone I know . And after reading all these people that have had problems with the site I'm afraid my ticket are fake ! I guess that what you get from a place that makes it extremely hard to get answers and no phone number to call . I guess we will see .

royr56
5/16/17

Purchased 6 months ahead of event , 5 months before found out would not be able to attend, should be no problem to get refund or credit right. WRONG! You can try to sell , most likely at a loss- this ticket broker sucks and I will be advising anyone and friends not to use this service - there's better ones out there with better return policies. Plus their CSR group is lame.

takerraw
5/13/17

I purchased tickets to a concert after reading all the horrible reviews. Overall my experience was good I got my tickets almost immediately after I got the confirmation email and I was able to get in with no problems. But unfortunately I probably won't purchase from SeatGeek again because I had to much anxiety leading up to the concert. I was really concerned that I wasn't going to get in. In the future I will just purchase tickets from the original vendor when they first go on sale to avoid all the hassle.

courtneyr39
5/13/17

i was kinda skeptical about the website but it seemed legit so i gave it a chance, big mistake. bought tickets for a trey songz concert, got to the door, lady scanned them & told me that they were void & fraudulent. i stood there in the rain, couldn't even buy tickets at the door, and didn't get inside the concert. I tried calling them, no answer, but i am going to get my money back, i don't care what i have to do. hopefully my bank helps me out, seatgeek.com is pitiful.

tammym89
5/12/17

My son bought supposed floor tickets for the Chainsmokers concert. They were sent digitally to his phone. When he got to the concert, the tickets would not work. After 45 min. of trying, he had to just go ahead and purchase another ticket there at the venue. Tried emailing and calling; no response. Hopefully he will be protected through our credit card as we have filed a claim.

jeffs233
5/11/17

This site was quick and accurate with no issues . Had a great experience great job guy thumbs up work well done

phyllisb19
5/11/17

This was the first time I could not print the tickets I purchased. First the website said I would need to download the Seatgeek app to get my tickets. Then I received an email I thought was spam that said I would have to download the MLB app to get my tickets. I needed to contact your customer service to make sure I was doing it right. It was VERY confusing.

lidiag6
5/10/17

Terrible company. Customer service was no help and they had me on hold forever!! The first time I called I was on hold for over an hour and then at the end it said, "we cannot help you at this time" and then the phone hung up. The next day I called and spoke with Arn, he was no help!

asana2
5/8/17

First of all, I will not going to use this app ever again! Me and my friend we bought 2 tickets from Seatgeek. And then it turns out that the tickets were piggy back seats. However when we bought the tickets there wasn't anything saying that it's piggy back seats. And when we called the Seatgeek they insisted that it was written there and they didn't change our tickets. So, we sold the tickets. And we bought the tickets for 82$ and we solved for 33$. Don't use this app!!!!!

jerrys102
5/8/17

I purchased 4 tickets 6 weeks ahead to attend an baseball classic game , in Miami FL. I called many time which I was put on on hold several times and when I was able to speak to someone , I didn't get a straight answer about my tickets arriving . Tickets arrive three days prior to the event which I couldn't attend now because I didn't know if I had tickets for it..the same day I spoke to seatGeek representative who told me that the tickets had been removed from my names due to the latest arrival. It's been almost 3 months now and I still haven't received my money back . I feel like a was robbed. I did not attend the baseball game and I lost my money as well ....

mattr110
5/8/17

Do not use this service. It is likely a scam, and their customer service is poor.

I ordered two tickets for a concert in Brooklyn last weekend. I was contacted shortly thereafter letting me know the seller had already sold the tickets I purchased, but that they could offer me an 'upgrade' to another section at no additional cost. I consented, and printed the tickets they sent.

My partner and I went to the venue, waited in a security line for half an hour, and got to the front. They scanned our tickets and let us know the tickets had ALREADY BEEN USED. I waited in line at the venue for another 30 minutes to be told to contact the seller.

I then spent 20 minutes waiting for a representative to answer the phone. The representative didn't even apologize when I told him of the issue initially. He then put me on hold again, and called back to say the seller could give me different tickets ('they know these will work'). At this point it was an hour into the concert. I was frustrated, so he put me on hold again and then offered a 150% refund. I was tired of arguing, and just accepted it. It's not even about the money - it's about the principle and the lost experience I had (I was so excited for this concert!).

I feel completely cheated by this company - their response to the matter made me feel like it happened all the time, and I will let everyone I know about this experience.

marks482
5/6/17

Last year I bought tickets to Seahawks vs 49ers on Seatgeek. As the date of the game approached, Seatgeek contacted me to say "hey, sorry ... you are out of luck. We can't deliver your tickets NOR your money". Turns out that one of their crooked partner agencies had gone bankrupt. Seatgeek said it was tough luck and I was on my own.

After a ton of haggling they finally comped me a couple extra basketball tickets and I agreed to call it good (the bankrupt crooks at ScoreBig never did make me whole - they just snorted my money up their nose I guess).

So fast forward to now... I have many season tickets for 49ers and want to list on seatgeek or some partner site. Because I know I will sell for way below what their phony "seat value" algorithm calls a "great deal".

They make it impossible. Stubhub and Vivid Tickets both let you establish an account, deposit a credit card, and sell your tickets that are on print delay from the team. It is common, easy, and works great. and you know the seats on Vivid are WAY below the price you will see on seat geek.

Do you want to know WHY??? It is because SeatGeek stacks the deck so only certain greedy crooked brokers like RazorGator and FanXchange can sell on their site. They look the other way while those greedy brokers jack up prices and create a totally phony market value.

Do yourself a big favor with your hard earned cash... look at the nice seat maps on SeatGeek and jot down what their algorithm tells you is a "great deal". Then go find those same seats on Vivid or Stubhub or the official sports exchange or Ticketmaster resale itself.

You will discover something. SeatGeek is a tight crooked little ecosystem of crony brokers... nothing more. Don't help them.

If they ever a deal to show StubHub, Vivid, and official sports exchange seats on their engine... then they will be useful and relevant again.

As it stands now - SeatGeek has completely lost its way.

Doesn't get any worse than this. stay away and tell a friend. Buy Stubhub/Vivid/Craigslist/Ticketmaster/Official exchange. Screw RazorGator, FanXchange, ScoreBig, and the smug brats at SeatGeek.

heatherb160
5/2/17

I bought tickets through Seat Geek thinking it was the official ticket retailer for the event because the band I was seeing had linked directly to them for tickets & that they probably had the best deal going directly to the source. Boy was I wrong. Better deal on other site and Seat Geek is not very transparent about the fact that ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Only written in tiny fine print in the terms and condition. You will not be able to cancel or refund, but a customer service representative will tell you that you can resell your tickets on Seat Geek to someone else. Guess what? You can only list for resale if you have the PDF file of the actual ticket. Which Seat Geek doesn't send you until about 3 days out from the event. Good luck with that. NEVER BUYING FROM SEAT GEEK AGAIN. EVER.

dans206
4/24/17

Had multiple windows open and selected the wrong date for the event I purchased, I have a prior engagement and was comparing prices. I noticed the error almost immediately after the tickets were emailed to me. I called to ask if we could contact the sellers and explain to them what happened and if we could refund the money and they get the tickets back. The person on the phone was rude and just kept telling me that they couldn't contact the seller and my only option was to try and resell them myself. The seller on the tickets according to the website is SeatGeek. How can you not contact the seller and tell them it was an honest mistake. I'm not trying to con anyone out of money or tickets. I'm trying to return them to the seller if they would understand my situation. On their website it says you can contact the seller and ask them if they will refund the tickets but the person on the phone says they can't do that. I feel like they don't want me to talk to the seller because it will be to big of a hassle. I guess I could just dispute the translation on my card since SeatGeek is being no help at all!!

andrewk103
4/23/17

STAY AWAY. FanXChange accepted my order, charged my credit card, but then didn't deliver the tickets. When I called asking what the deal was, I was told they no longer had the tickets. They then offered me cheaper seats than what I originally purchased, but for the same price! Oh, and the hold times on their phone lines are outrageous. DO NO USE.

zhongpingy
4/20/17

At the very beginning, I purchased this ticket by mistake because of the unclear information on the website, it is on 12late night, so I made a phone the second day, and the officer told me some BS that it is a final purchase and I cannot do anything but selling it and she said it is easy to sell, and 4 days later I received the ticket and list them online, there said 20% charge on selling, ok , but with no assistant to sell! WTH, the worst experience ever! I will pay attention that avoid the SEATGEEK next time when booking tickets!

lukes57
4/13/17

First, i bought tickets during they day. Got two confirmation emails. One that day and one the next day stating that my order has came through and processed. Then, my tickets weren't showing up so i emailed them asking where they were. I received an email one day before the game stating the tickets were no longer available. HOW?? So, after a long day of wasted time on horrible customer service the supervisor Sean Gil proceeded to tell me that it was the sellers fault and that there was nothing he could do for me. Horrible business, horrible service.

NEVER USE THIS WEBSITE

tinal86
4/12/17

Bought tickets way in advance for a sold out show that will happen on memorial weekend. I obviously didn't want to wait to get answers until the day of, was skeptical, and felt worried that the tickets wouldn't come through.

I emailed customer support at least three times to ask question like "If this is an e-ticket, why would it take so long to deliver" or worse "My order says it was complete and three tickets were delivered but only two are showing up for download..."

Seatgeek staff/customer support was actually quick to respond within the day, answered my concerns, and were able to resolve my issue. I'd suggest trying to buy from Seatgeek as a vendor because then they are the responsible party/more obligated to help you as a consumer

I think a lot of times reviews aren't really left until something bad happens, but I am really happy with the service I've received so far, wanted to drop a post. I'll write again after the show happens, if the tickets go through successfully etc.

gabriellec11
4/10/17

I ordered tickets to see Ariana Grande in New Orleans for April. Although I ordered them in January, I didn't receive them until the day before the event. During that day, I was freaking out because I was worried they wouldn't send them to me on time so I called their customer service number. They didn't answer at all or respond to my emails so I tweeted them instead. Of course, they responded to me on there but I coincidentally got them during that time. My advice is to order through their own vendors and be cautious about where you get the tickets from. I'll probably be using another site next time due to the amount of time it took for my tickets to be delivered.

jamesk178
4/6/17

I ordered tickets paid for them then after telling my kids that we are going to the game thy never sent tickets and never answered thy put money back in account after I called the bank. STAY AWAY

85 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SeatGeek staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
glorias50
Gloria S.
on 3/17/17
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the SeatGeek staff and other customers.

SeatGeek?