US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

robertt136
8/23/16

I purchased 2 tix to Adele at Staples for 09/20/16 -- they were close to 1K. AFTER I purchased the tix, I was reading reviews for SeatGeek and needless-to-say, was a bit in panic mode. The eMail I received confirming they were sent had a blank tracking number! I was finally able to track down the fed-ex number and you can be sure I tracked that on an hourly basis. Well - the tickets were delivered; and, they even called the day of to ensure I received the tickets and to enjoy the show. So yes, the communication could have been a bit smoother; but, all-in-all it worked out in the end and it was an AMAZING show. Would I use them again? Probably --- I just hope they smooth out their en-route communication ...

billb177
8/18/16

I bought tickets to an Orioles vs Red Sox game in Baltimore. When I received the tickets, the email confirmed they were for the right game but the actual tickets attached were for a different game. I asked for help but eventually had to buy new tickets and leave for Baltimore in order to make it to the game on time. The next day I had an email in my inbox that had arrived long after I had already left for the game. It contained the right tickets but it was too late for me to be able to access them. I was sent the wrong tickets but now they won't give me a refund. I've been a loyal customer with SeatGeek for several years but won't be using them any more after this.

benr65
8/18/16

Bought a 220$ Ticket 2 rows behind home plate In the diamond club to see Phillies-Dodgers. When I got to the park, my ticket was scanned and it said Invalid. After many phone calls and emails, and waiting around for over 2 hours. Alex from Fan Exchange or Seat Geek helped contact the seller and he was able to meet me by 7:05 with the actual tickets from the Phillies. What if this guy couldn't have met me? I would have been out of luck. After reading other reviews I see this is a common thing to happen with SeatGeek. I will now gladly pay the extra 25-50$ on stubhub so this kind of thing never happens. I advise you to do the same. Stick with stubhub.

blakee
8/18/16

Went to Seat Geek to get tickets for a Gwen Stefani concert in Houston, TX one month before the event was to take place. The tickets were never mailed to me and I was told by Seat Geek that the tickets would be waiting at Will Call for me. I showed up at the venue to learn that not only were my tickets not at Will Call as promised, but that such arrangements are never made between the venue box office and third party ticket sellers. According to the representative that I spoke with, the box office is actually contractually obligated to not engage in such arrangements.
I had to then purchase alternate seats at the last minute in a location that was not nearly as good of a location as what I had originally paid for.
My advice is to avoid this company unless you enjoy paying twice to go to one show.

lynnelj
8/13/16

I bought tickets on SeatGeek through a recommendation of a friend. My niece and I got to the Hillsong concert in Miami, but we couldn't get in. The tickets when scanned kept coming up with a big x with the word refunded! We were then directed to the box office and they refused to help. They said it was a third party dealer and if the ticket is saying refunded then and we weren't the names on the ticket we need to call the people who originally bought the ticket and figure it out with them! What?!! I had no intention of losing my money so we went to another entrance and explained what was going on! Thank God that these workers had compassion. They told us that it wasn't working, and this tends to happen with many third party scans, but we could go in and see if the seats were actually open. If they were, they told us to stay and if not it's an open venue with lawn space too so we could still just find another spot and stay!! We went to the assigned seats and guess what!! Two people were already sitting there!! We compared tickets and both sets of tickets had exactly the same section, row and seats! Since we were all standing at the time, the other two ticket holders invited us to stay until we had to sit. Eventually, they helped us find two other unused seats just in front of "our" seats and we were able to enjoy the concert...NO THANKS TO SEATGEEK!!! However, because of kind, Christian people and answered prayers this fiasco did work out!! Otherwise, I would have lost money on 2 tickets and missed a concert that I was really looking forward to see!! Terrible SeatGeek experience! I would not recommend using this site!!

howardh32
8/11/16

We purchased tickets to the Drake concert at Madsion Square Garden. When we arrived and the tickets were scanned we were told that they were invalid. Seat Geek did say they will refund the money but that's not what it's about. They never should have allowed the tickets to be posted. It's their job to make sure this doesn't happen! They failed. DO NOT USE THE SITE.

chasel8
8/9/16

I have purchased tickets a couple times through Seat Geek and I have never had a problem. I make sure that I specifically chose tickets through Seat Geek (i.e., not through uberseat), because I trust those more and history proves I've never had a problem. One time there was an issue with my tickets and they corrected it beforehand and took the time to call to warn me about the change but they still assured me that the tickets were fine. Great experience!

ciarahp
8/7/16

I got my dad tickets to the Paul Mccartney concert tonight at metlife through seatgeek. Hes the biggest beatles fan & this was our bday gift for him. The tickets were fraudulent!!!!!! I wasnt going to let seatgeek ruin the night & i ended up buying tickets at the box. DO NOT TRUST THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!

marioa18
8/4/16

Hello, I just wanna know if I can add my tickets to the wallet app... and I was reading the reviews, how I could be sure that the tickets are real, I already received the electronic tickets...

taylorj17
8/2/16

Bull$#*!!! Purchased tickets said that they were being confirmed(NEVER $#*!ing happened) sent an email to request a refund and no response wtf!! Hands down this was my first worst and last time I'll ever use them

lindak96
7/28/16

Poor response time in getting tickets and secondary broker, UberSeat a disaster! Concert tickets finally arrived two days prior to event with NO response/customer service from UberSeat and "canned" email response to my repeated inquiries about my tickets. Be very cautious using either broker!

kashh
7/27/16

Buyer beware: There are fraudulent tickets on SeatGeek and I would check who the secondary broker is before you buy. Companies such as UberSeat, TicketCity, FX, TN Direct list tickets on SeatGeek and have different policies on refunds. I ran into issues at recent a Coldplay concert after outlaying $450 for two separate set of tickets which were both fraudulent. To be fair, SeatGeek did refund the amount for the first set and replaced the second set of tickets in time for the concert. I am now facing a similar issue with another concert coming up (Tickets were bought before the Coldplay experience) and SeatGeek has not responded to my last three emails and told me to contact the secondary broker. Not good enough, I purchased the tickets from SeatGeek and I expect them to deal with the issue or refund my money. This company is trying to do the right thing although you could easily find yourself dealing with a secondary company and out of pocket if you are not careful.

Updated; Buy with full confidence. SeatGeek responded with full assurance that if the ticket were invalid they would find replacement tickets or reimburse the value. In any case, this was not required as the tickets were valid and represented excellent value compared to what they were selling for on other sites. I had also purchased a day pass for a major music festival on SeatGeek from Ticket City which was delivered by FedEx in plenty of time for the event and gained access with no issue. The SeatGeek customer service representative, Zach, was awesome and responded in a timely fashion every time. Really impressed after initial concerns and will be using SeatGeek again.

jennaf9
7/24/16

So I ALMOST bought a couple of tickets through this site but at the last minute I did not because I found out my husband was going to have to work. I made an account with my email address and made a password but I never actually purchased anything, so no card or bank info was ever entered into my account. The only thug that I put in was my email and the city I lived in... So that was 2 months ago. Today I have been receiving emails all day long about Coldplay tickets that were successfully sold and the amount they were sold for.. And it's like tons of tickets and thousands of dollars so I log on with MY email and MY password and there is some other phone number and bank account hooked up to it. I want to delete my account because I am not selling these tickets and I can not do it. I tried to call and email about concerns and have not had any help. I am worried someone is selling fraudulent tickets with my name attached to them and I can't even cancel my account to get away from it. I really do not know how this is happening but I just really want nothing to do with it and want my info off this site. Do not even mess with this site. I never even bought anything off this site and I am dealing with sketchiness.

jeffr912
7/20/16

I purchased tickets for a Royals baseball game via Stubhub. When I went to my seats they were already taken by a family that ordered their tickets through SeatGeek. When we were taken to box office to get straightened out. My tickets purchased via Stbhub were declared the valid tickets. The other family had to move plus buy 2 more tickets, since the stadium was only paid once for the tickets. Stubhub took care of me. I hope SeatGeek did the same for their customer

josepha70
7/17/16

I tried ordering tickets for Coldplay at MetLife Stadium. I've used seatgeek several times in the past and have experienced no issues. This time, I purchased tickets through seatgeek, and my order was unable to be confirmed. Funds were already taken out of my account but said that they would be refunded within a few days. So I ordered tickets again since the representative said that ticket cancellations are "extremely rare." call me lucky because it once again cancelled my order due to an inability to confirm the tickets. Once again, funds were withdrawn and I now have to wait for $400+ to return to my account.

I called seatgeek once again and they said the best they could do for this was to simply help me search and "almost guarantee" that tickets would be confirmed. No discount, no gift card, not even a promo code for having to deal with this terrible ordeal. I'm skeptical of using seatgeek ever again.

colleenk10
7/11/16

I purchased Hockey Playoff Tickets for a Game 7 of the Pittsburgh Penguins versus the New York Rangers. The series ended in 5 games. I have been working trying to get a refund of my tickets with no assistance or help from seatgeek. My Visa company has also launched an investigation as they claim that MY visa will not accept the refund of my ticket money. This is untrue. It has been a total nightmare. I am thrown around from one place to the next... I have had to deal with SeatGeek, Ticketnetwork, and MYTICKETTRACKER. Just keep getting the run around. I am still working with the investigation through my Visa to get my money back. Bottom line, do not use them. No event is worth this hassle.

mattg60
7/3/16

I've used Seatgeek probably 8-10 times for baseball games and I've never had a problem. Consistently cheaper than stubhub and they show you the full price up front, rather than adding hidden "convenience fees" etc

adriang25
6/30/16

Look i was unsuccessful in purchasing my tickets. the first time the price went up 17 dollars a ticket from the time I ordered to the time i was trying to check out. The next three times seatgeek couldn't confirm my purchase for 3 separate transactions but they still have my money! please dont use this app

joels57
6/27/16

Tried to purchase tickets on seatgeek and received an error message. Never received anything further about the tickets being purchased. Next day I noticed a charge for the tickets, that I NEVER RECEIVED. Now seatgeek is telling me that they didn't see an error on their end and won't refund my money. Good thing there are other ticket sites out there.

desareec
6/26/16

Hi I recently made an purchase for me and a friend to go to the braves game on June 29, 2016 and I've been looking up the reviews and I've heard bad things. How do I truly know these tickets are good and safe for me to use?

cyf3
6/22/16

Went on web site. Ordered 2 tickets from SeatGeek marketplace, got a error message that tickets were not available anymore but still got charged on credit card. Now im out $216 and no tickets. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE

markf123
6/21/16

No where on this site did it specify that taxes were not included in the pricing. I just looked at more tickets and that statement is NOT where I was told it is when I called. My total at checkout did not include this and then suddenly an ADDITIONAL charge of $43 was added without my consent. I understand that taxes need to be calculated based off your area and whatnot, but if I shop or buy anything online taxes are always included in the payment screen. Not only is this misleading, but also caused me to not buy the BETTER tickets from stubhub because stubhub is upfront and honest about their pricing. I have now payed the same amount for lesser seats. When I called I was told that it was my fault and they are authorized to essentially charge my card whatever they want. I will never use this service again and will recommend people to stubhub as they at least tell you what you are actually paying.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site.

jessem61
6/15/16

I listed two Game 5 Warriors vs. Cavs tickets when I was forced to go out of town on business. I had previously sold tickets on site without issue. This time, I attempted to list tickets for market value, approximately $1,250, and was rejected. The site stated to put in a price under or equal to $1,000.00.

I contacted customer service and only got a response on my third attempt, by which time I had lost a full sale date. I was contacted by customer service with some excuse about how "new" the resale marketplace was and that they could not support sale prices of over $1,000.00. I promptly checked other prices and found OVER 50 SEATGEEK EXCLUSIVE LISTINGS for over $1,000.00 to the same game!

I contacted customer service via email to ask about this inconsistency and, about a week later, have yet to receive a response.

Long story short, I lost out on prime ticket sale time, got an unsatisfactory response and ended up eating $250 per ticket because they did not sell until hours before the event. Had I simply used one of their competitors, which I will now do, I have little doubt that the tickets would have timely sold.

Terrible experience and feel avoided/lied to.

am7011
6/12/16

Hi, First off, I'd been a loyal customer of Seatgeek for >5 yrs w no issues. Recently during the NBA playoffs had two MAJOR problems with last minute ticket (LMT) sales which have encouraged me to explore other options. Most recent was Gm 3 of Raptors/Cavs series in TO. Purchased LMT about 1.5-2hrs before game time and was told my credit card was processed. (both within Seatgeek app and via email). Waited a bit but still didn't receive the tix. Sent a couple emails w/ no response to their customer service email listed as it was a Sunday. Loaded my 7 y/old into the car as we live about an hour away, assuming the tix would arrive while enroute. Got to the stadium (having called 4-6x while en route from the car) and still no response. Finally got a live body right after the game tipped. Kevin, the CSR was polite and investigated. After a brief hold 3-5 minutes or so, he came back to inform me that the purchase was fine and I should receive the tix w/in a few minutes. 2 minutes later I receive a second email saying the TICKETS WERE CANCELLED. So now I have a crying 7 y/old on my hands who justifiably couldn't understand why we weren't able to go. Call back, get Kevin again. He informs me there must have been some mix up w/ the vendor, apologies and reconfirms my credit card wouldn't be charged. I politely explained that a refund is obviously acceptable but does little to improve the shattered dreams of a crying 7 y/old child. He listens politely but says they can't do anything. And b/c the tix came from the seatgeek listed inventory they don't have any power like other brokers to offer some type of customer goodwill such as an additional credit. His only suggestion was to go to the box office or buy something else from the site. at this point it was almost halftime and any remaining tix on the site were still priced much higher. (+ I would have had to go through the same waiting process which now had gone beyond 2hrs). This was by far the worse ticket buying experience ever encountered and in my case it meant I was twice bitten as two weeks earlier had a similar experience again with Seatgeek.

Prior time was during Gm1 of the Raptors/Heat series where I purchased e-tix ~4 hrs before game time. Rec'd a confirmation email shortly after purchase but was at work so got busy. About 2 hrs b/f the game I noticed tix hadn't arrived so I began calling emailing seatgeek and Uberseats (which was the listed broker). No response from seatgeek, eventually got a guy from Uberseats who said he'd look into it. They told me the broker had double sold my tix, no fault of my own so I could accept replacements or have a refund + a 50% goodwill payment. I initially opted for the replacement tix, but then after waiting realized I wouldn't have time to get to the venue and use them as I hadn't received them yet. Responded back and took the refund option. To their credit (and after a couple more emails two days later) uberseats came through w/ the refund and their fan guarantee. Seatgeek however, was extremely poor in their engagement and other than a quick 'Good/Bad' email to rate the experience (which expired w/in a day of receiving so I couldn't submit feedback) there was no communication.

Bottom line, I don't think Seatgeek is a worthwhile option for last minute tickets on very popular events. Quite frankly its awful that they are even allowed to sell last minute if they can't fulfill the obligation on time. The fact that they weren't able to even attempt to satiate my concerns or understand the implications of having a crying child miss his first playoff game is also frustrating. As a result I'm likely going back to Stubhub. Although there fees are higher and ticket prices are often higher, the customer service is responsive and I've never had issues with tickets whatsoever. I might consider Seatgeek again if I have a long time horizon to wait but otherwise its a POOR option. Hope this helps.

Adrian M.

UPDATE ALERT!!!!

So after voicing my initial displeasure this was the update I later rec'd from Samantha a Seatgeek customer service person. (Verbatim) I'll summarize- IN ONE SITUATION WE'RE PERFECTLY HAPPY TO HAVE ANOTHER PARTY HONOUR YOUR FAILED TICKET EXPERIENCE. GLAD THEY WERE ABLE TO STEP UP AND DELIVER.

IN THE OTHER SITUATION, WE DON'T CARE THAT WE OFFER A LM TICKET SERVICE AND RESELLERS SOLD YOUR PROMISED TICKETS TO MULTIPLE PARTIES AFTER CHARGING YOUR CREDIT CARD AND HAVE UNTIL THE EVENT STARTS TO DO SO THEN CANCEL- AT LEAST WE GAVE YOUR $ BACK.

The second argument might have been remotely credible if this all happened w/in a 5-10 minute span not 90-120 minutes. Do I seem a little frustrated? They did apologize which is comforting every time my kid turns on the t.v. and sees basketball and asks me why we couldn't go again...or perhaps last week when I took him to a pro soccer match and he didn't believe it until we got inside as he now knows what its like to stand outside, see a crowd and think you have tickets only to be denied. Sorry for rambling, but as a parent I see my ultimate role as trying to make your kids happy, teach them right and make their dreams come true. When someone tramples on that I GET PISSED! Seatgeek response below:
___________________________________________________
For situation 2, your UberSeat order, I am glad to hear that you were pleased with the buyer protection guaranteed to you under UberSeat's terms and conditions. I apologize that a SeatGeek representative did not follow back up with you directly on this issue. Our team is in very close correspondence with UberSeat internally, it is possible that once we received confirmation from UberSeat that your issue was being addressed with them directly the issue was closed on our end.

As for situation number 1, it sounds like you had headed over to the game before the order was confirmed. I understand that last minute orders make it difficult to deal with the pending period, however, before the order is confirmed your tickets are not guaranteed to be delivered. It looks like in this case the seller had to honor the first order that came in for these tickets, rendering yours canceled. I'm sorry for the trouble. For future purchases, please be aware that the seller has up until the start of the event to confirm your tickets (if it is a last minute order). Should the order continue to remain pending after that point, you are entitled to a full refund.

carolineb33
6/4/16

While on my way to the Dodger stadium after purchasing my tickets through this ridiculous site I come to find out that I can't even go VIEW my tickets which I obviously need to get in the gate... Beyond annoyed and irritated with this idiotic website. Then com to find out I CANT get a refund with these tickets. I tried opening them through an android and an iPhone and even a laptop! Down right pissed off and can't even deal with this website anymore! Waste of time, money and gas!

50 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SeatGeek staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question