US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

my1525
2/21/17

A long time, customer never had a problem...until recently. An expensive ticket purchase with a prime seat assignment turned out to be a General Admission event. SeatGeek didn't reveal until AFTER the purchase. Their customer service is non existent, don't publish a support number, only email. The person on the other end was clearly not equipped with the skills or the information to keep a loyal customer. Fortunately there are other options, I will now go out of my way to avoid using this search engine.

deanj30
2/16/17

I would give a lower rating if possible. Went online before 5A to find tickets for a Blackhawks game. Selected the tickets, paid for the tickets, all good - I'm supposed to be able to download the tickets from my account and print them. Later I get an email the tickets are no longer available and that they are sorry but they still charged my credit card $596. Then I went to their site and the tickets that were 'unavailable' are STILL listed. What a waste of time. Now I have to begin the process all over again. Note: They make it difficult if not impossible to contact them if you have an issue.

Tip for consumers: Find another service.

gregk38
2/14/17

I bought 2 tickets for the Super Bowl in Houston. After purchasing, I checked the reviews for FanXchange, and nearly had an anxiety attack reading the reviews and having just spent a few thousand dollars on tickets. Well everything went PERFECTLY. There was constant communication as to a pick up location, times to pick up, and phone numbers to reach a local contact. The tickets were picked up easily and there were no issues. We even received tickets 15 rows closer than expected.

Also, while in Houston, we decided to check out the Bulls vs. Rockets game, we purchased tickets 5 minutes before game time. The tickets were sent electronically in 3-4 minutes as expected. The only downside was that app that the tickets download to was horrible. (I can't remember the name). The line for issues with this app was about 75-100 people. I'm not sure if that is FanXchange issue or not, but it was a minor inconvenience as it moved quickly. The box office had to print the tickets and there were no issues.

Overall, a great experience with FanXchange

donnief7
2/11/17

Frustrating experience with SeatGeak. Ordered in late December for an event in February. Had to call them the night before the event (Monster Jam) and ask for the tickets to be delivered. The customer service person said he would call the broker and have them sent that night... nothing came that night. Next morning called again and again was told the broker would send them shortly.... nothing came. I bought tickets from Ticketmaster instead and received electronic delivery right away. I wrote an email to SeatGeak requesting a refund and at that point the SeatGeak tickets were finally made available (although too late for me to actually print them out and use them).

adamp73
2/7/17

Seatgeek sold me tickets and even confirmed them within 15 minutes. 3 months later they decided to refund my money without an email or any notification. By that time ticket prices had increased by 400%. Customer Service has been a complete waste of time. I would never under any circumstances buy anything from them again. Large Service Fees and fraudulent tickets are all you'll find here.

Update
I reached out to Seatgeek as they have requested below. It took them 2 days and me asking for an update before anyone responded. They have continually lied to me. First they told me my tickets were not real. I informed them that I have Chat transcript verifying the tickets. I have the ticket locations by Row/Seats that came with the Verified ticket email. They then backtracked and said the tickets were for a different event at the same venue. Check this off as another lie. The tickets were for the Kentucky Oaks/Derby. Churchill Downs only has 2 MAJOR Days during the Summer that would warrant an expensive(500$+) ticket and those Days are the Kentucky Oaks/Derby. I honestly don't understand why anyone would ever use Seatgeek. The only thing worse than my original experience has been talking to Customer Service who continually lied to me.

scottf66
2/3/17

bought tickets to a game. Got stopped at door. Tickets fraudulent. In fact, could still have purchased same exact seats for which I already paid SeatGeek at the box office from the team. Called customer service and they promised me a refund so I bought tickets on stubhub. Then got an email from SeatGeek during the game that they will not refund my money because they're just a "search engine" and I should contact the retailer. Guess what. No answer at retailer.

bobc111
1/31/17

Expensive tickets, over $1,400 purchased and for days the order remained "pending" despite this being against Seat Geek's policy. Many emails back and forth, they continually made excuses for the "broker" not taking action. Finally called them and they said they'd cancel within 24 hours. We'll see, but this should not have occurred in the first place.

khalidi3
1/27/17

This company is by far the most despicable incompetent company I have ever dealt with. There is never a manager or supervisor to speak to you after one month of speaking back-and-forth with them they cannot get in contact with their vendor and ignore all communications from me the buyer. Take your business somewhere else this company is an absolute disgrace

rickv20
1/26/17

Ordered tickets to Bill Maher in Dallas and the show was cancelled and seatgeek refuses to return my money! Buy at your own risk , I'm out $270 don't make the same mistake that I did!! Not a reputable company!

dang103
1/18/17

The business model of SeatGeek is questionable. This ticket reseller has no way to guarantee tickets after the sale. Not sure how the "ticket broker" can reject an order. This makes no sense. The advertised price is the ADVERTISED price. And if the credit card goes through, the order should be valid and should be honored.

Tip for consumers: 1. Make sure you check the actual box office first. Prices at Seat Geek are WAY over face value. But that's not clear on the web site.
2. DON'T use unless you are desperate for tickets to a sold-out event.

amandab165
1/15/17

I ordered tickets on the day of a basketball game to take my kids to. We live 2 1/2 hours away from where the game took place. I was stressing because it was the first time I had used SeatGeek. My husband was so mad I didn't use vivid seats or stub hub, but there was an error where the tickets were double sold. They went above and beyond and purchased tickets with better seats on their dime! We were very happy!

ashleighw5
1/6/17

I wish I had seen these reviews prior to purchasing but as I am on hold with them after them being rude to me, I stumbled across this forum.

I bought tickets a week ago and still hadn't received an email and they aren't in my account area on the website; he told me to check again and I said this is why I am calling you the event is two days away with no tickets. I wanted a refund but that wasn't allowed, and they wouldn't budge.

I just wanted to put my money towards ticketmaster where they may be more expensive but their customer service is great and never had a problem.

So, I am never purchasing from seetgeak again as its a scam and customer service reps are very rude!

ericr88
1/5/17

FINAL UPDATE 1/11:
SeatGeek will not be paying me interest despite holding my funds for 7 months.

Takeaways:
1) I should have fully vetted them before posting tickets. That was my bad.
2) They certainly don't advertise payment after the event takes place and are unwilling to make a one-time, non-monetary concession to a repeat customer that felt duped. I will not be using them in the future due to their customer service and overall business model.

UPDATE 1/6:
I have changed my review from 2 stars to 1 star as SeatGeek's solution is not to remit payment to me in this one instance. I asked if they will be paying me interest for holding my funds for 7 months, as I would expect to earn 3.5% over that time period in the stock market. Stay tuned for further updates.

INITIAL POST:
I sold tickets on 12/22, expecting to be paid 3-5 business days after sale. After some discussion with SeatGeek support on whether my bank info was correct, I was told I would not be paid until after the EVENT. The event is 7 months in the future (7/20/2017). It is ridiculous for them to hold my money for 7 months. In my opinion, the slogan, "Sell tickets on SeatGeek. Just upload your tickets, add a price and get paid." is deceiving since you do not get paid right away, which is far from the industry norm.

Yesterday I asked SeatGeek if they could remit payment to me in this instance given I was unaware of their policy. I have not yet received a response. I followed up again this morning but haven't heard back yet. I will update this review upon a positive response from SeatGeek, however I felt I had to post now given the lack of email response and no contact number. Stay tuned!

bonnieo15
1/1/17

After paying for tickets on 12/14 but not receiving the tickets less than 24 hours before our event, I was terrified to read all of the negative reviews here.
The tickets came this morning on the seat geek app and worked fine for admission to the event. All worked out fine.

jamess501
12/29/16

Same ticket on Seatgeek was about $20 cheaper than stubhub so I gave it a try. After being billed for the 4 tickets on my AMEX i then get a note that the "tickets are not available".. they will take 3-5 days to credit you back even though they didn't deliver. I can still see the tickets on their website and Stubhub, so I ended up buying on stubhub.
I tried contacting them through IM Support twice and no response after 10 min. I finally got an email response which was not helpful and a phone number that no one ever picked up.
Piece of sh.t company.

fm24
12/29/16

I just got ripped off. I purchased two tickets to a St John's men's basketball game. The chart indicated that they were good seats and they were the most expensive available. When I got the tickets they are in row X, the very last upper row in the entire arena. This stinks and I will never use seat geek again

sarag68
12/22/16

DO NOT USE THIS SITE. IT IS A SCAM. THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND NOT GIVE YOU ANY TICKETS. IT IS A SCAM.

warrenl17
12/22/16

Terrible. I purchased tickets for a sporting event. My card was charged right away. 20 minutes later, after I thought I had secured my tickets, I got an email stating that the transaction was canceled, and that the tickets were no longer available. I checked back on the site to select a different seat, and saw that the seats were relisted but this time for more money. The site is a scam. I wrote them about how I felt it was not ethical for them to allow people to relist seats and they said it wasn't their problem. They suck

nickt56
12/19/16

I tried to purchase tickets to an Orlando Magic game it told me it didn't except my payment when I checked my bank they had pulled the money when I called them they said the transaction didn't exist that was 12/16/16 they also pulled the ticket amount out AGAIN on 12/18/16 the game was in 12/16 so why would I purchase tickets for a game 2 days after game is played and purchase they of game and get NO tickets. It was my first and last experience with SeatGeek

alexiss45
12/13/16

This site is linked to uberseat tickets site. They are a scam. Do not lose your money. They can somehow hack your info and harass you.

courtneyh47
12/5/16

In July, my husband and I bought 4 tickets for the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New York Giants game in Pittsburgh. We drove 5 hours, got a hotel, and spent Saturday night and Sunday in Pittsburgh. We arrived to the gate only to find our tickets were not good and we could not get into the game. The tickets had cost us right around $600. We called SeatGeek and they did provide replacement tickets, which I am happy about, but the fact remains that the tickets were not good and SeatGeek knew this. The replacement tickets we received were of lesser value than our original tickets, we were not offered to receive the difference back. Also, when we called to get the replacement tickets it only took giving our order number for the seats to be replaced;this tells me that SeatGeek was aware there was an issue with the seats prior to the game, but we were not contacted to change seats or given the opportunity to cancel. After this experience I will not use SeatGeek because after more closely reading the terms and conditions, SeatGeek does not guarantee the tickets.

lorit33
12/1/16

I purchased tickets to the warrior vs grizzlies game for my sons birthday. I realized within an hour that we had my other sons graduation on the same day. I called and asked for a refund. Denied. I also asked for the tickets immediately where I could resell. Denied. I was told to call uber seats. They have also denied me. I will receive the tickets to sell two days before the game and now I log on today and it says the day before the game. This company is horrible. How am I suppose to sell tickets one day before the game!!! I will never purchase from this company again

davidk266
11/30/16

Used SeatGeek for the first time to purchase Stevie Nicks concert tickets. When we got to the gate, we were turned away because our tickets have already been used. With a calm head, I called SeatGeek and they took care of the situation immediately. Sometimes the seller of the tickets accidently double sells the seat on several ticket sites. Out of SeatGeek's control but it does happen. Customer service agent Jack in Portland quickly got me new tickets and we were in our new upgraded seats just as the concert started.

mikek151
11/29/16

Bought tickets to two Alabama Football Games. Miss St and Chattanooga. Nothing went wrong at all. Print At Home Tickets Were Fine! I was nervous because after I purchased them, I saw all the neg reviews, but it was all good. 4 tickets total, all scanned, all allowed entry to the games. I will use seatgeek again.

chriss473
11/28/16

Did not get the seats I paid for,. very disappointed. Wanted to sit close to the stage and paid for tickets near their,. and arrived at the show only to sit in an aisle near the back of the first section. Also the tickets were mailed to me.... I found that odd and wonder why they dont just use a cellphone to scan your tickets at the show,since they actually SCAN your tickets when you get to the show. I would not order from them again, and discourage anyone else from doing so. also the service fees are ridiculous. lame.

79 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SeatGeek staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question