US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

dang103
1/18/17

The business model of SeatGeek is questionable. This ticket reseller has no way to guarantee tickets after the sale. Not sure how the "ticket broker" can reject an order. This makes no sense. The advertised price is the ADVERTISED price. And if the credit card goes through, the order should be valid and should be honored.

Tip for consumers: 1. Make sure you check the actual box office first. Prices at Seat Geek are WAY over face value. But that's not clear on the web site. 2. DON'T use unless you are desperate for tickets to a sold-out event.

amandab165
1/15/17

I ordered tickets on the day of a basketball game to take my kids to. We live 2 1/2 hours away from where the game took place. I was stressing because it was the first time I had used SeatGeek. My husband was so mad I didn't use vivid seats or stub hub, but there was an error where the tickets were double sold. They went above and beyond and purchased tickets with better seats on their dime! We were very happy!

ashleighw5
1/6/17

I wish I had seen these reviews prior to purchasing but as I am on hold with them after them being rude to me, I stumbled across this forum.

I bought tickets a week ago and still hadn't received an email and they aren't in my account area on the website; he told me to check again and I said this is why I am calling you the event is two days away with no tickets. I wanted a refund but that wasn't allowed, and they wouldn't budge.

I just wanted to put my money towards ticketmaster where they may be more expensive but their customer service is great and never had a problem.

So, I am never purchasing from seetgeak again as its a scam and customer service reps are very rude!

ericr88
1/5/17

FINAL UPDATE 1/11:
SeatGeek will not be paying me interest despite holding my funds for 7 months.

Takeaways:
1) I should have fully vetted them before posting tickets. That was my bad.
2) They certainly don't advertise payment after the event takes place and are unwilling to make a one-time, non-monetary concession to a repeat customer that felt duped. I will not be using them in the future due to their customer service and overall business model.

UPDATE 1/6:
I have changed my review from 2 stars to 1 star as SeatGeek's solution is not to remit payment to me in this one instance. I asked if they will be paying me interest for holding my funds for 7 months, as I would expect to earn 3.5% over that time period in the stock market. Stay tuned for further updates.

INITIAL POST:
I sold tickets on 12/22, expecting to be paid 3-5 business days after sale. After some discussion with SeatGeek support on whether my bank info was correct, I was told I would not be paid until after the EVENT. The event is 7 months in the future (7/20/2017). It is ridiculous for them to hold my money for 7 months. In my opinion, the slogan, "Sell tickets on SeatGeek. Just upload your tickets, add a price and get paid." is deceiving since you do not get paid right away, which is far from the industry norm.

Yesterday I asked SeatGeek if they could remit payment to me in this instance given I was unaware of their policy. I have not yet received a response. I followed up again this morning but haven't heard back yet. I will update this review upon a positive response from SeatGeek, however I felt I had to post now given the lack of email response and no contact number. Stay tuned!

bonnieo15
1/1/17

After paying for tickets on 12/14 but not receiving the tickets less than 24 hours before our event, I was terrified to read all of the negative reviews here.
The tickets came this morning on the seat geek app and worked fine for admission to the event. All worked out fine.

jamess501
12/29/16

Same ticket on Seatgeek was about $20 cheaper than stubhub so I gave it a try. After being billed for the 4 tickets on my AMEX i then get a note that the "tickets are not available".. they will take 3-5 days to credit you back even though they didn't deliver. I can still see the tickets on their website and Stubhub, so I ended up buying on stubhub.
I tried contacting them through IM Support twice and no response after 10 min. I finally got an email response which was not helpful and a phone number that no one ever picked up.
Piece of sh.t company.

fm24
12/29/16

I just got ripped off. I purchased two tickets to a St John's men's basketball game. The chart indicated that they were good seats and they were the most expensive available. When I got the tickets they are in row X, the very last upper row in the entire arena. This stinks and I will never use seat geek again

sarag68
12/22/16

DO NOT USE THIS SITE. IT IS A SCAM. THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND NOT GIVE YOU ANY TICKETS. IT IS A SCAM.

warrenl17
12/22/16

Terrible. I purchased tickets for a sporting event. My card was charged right away. 20 minutes later, after I thought I had secured my tickets, I got an email stating that the transaction was canceled, and that the tickets were no longer available. I checked back on the site to select a different seat, and saw that the seats were relisted but this time for more money. The site is a scam. I wrote them about how I felt it was not ethical for them to allow people to relist seats and they said it wasn't their problem. They suck

nickt56
12/19/16

I tried to purchase tickets to an Orlando Magic game it told me it didn't except my payment when I checked my bank they had pulled the money when I called them they said the transaction didn't exist that was 12/16/16 they also pulled the ticket amount out AGAIN on 12/18/16 the game was in 12/16 so why would I purchase tickets for a game 2 days after game is played and purchase they of game and get NO tickets. It was my first and last experience with SeatGeek

alexiss45
12/13/16

This site is linked to uberseat tickets site. They are a scam. Do not lose your money. They can somehow hack your info and harass you.

courtneyh47
12/5/16

In July, my husband and I bought 4 tickets for the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New York Giants game in Pittsburgh. We drove 5 hours, got a hotel, and spent Saturday night and Sunday in Pittsburgh. We arrived to the gate only to find our tickets were not good and we could not get into the game. The tickets had cost us right around $600. We called SeatGeek and they did provide replacement tickets, which I am happy about, but the fact remains that the tickets were not good and SeatGeek knew this. The replacement tickets we received were of lesser value than our original tickets, we were not offered to receive the difference back. Also, when we called to get the replacement tickets it only took giving our order number for the seats to be replaced;this tells me that SeatGeek was aware there was an issue with the seats prior to the game, but we were not contacted to change seats or given the opportunity to cancel. After this experience I will not use SeatGeek because after more closely reading the terms and conditions, SeatGeek does not guarantee the tickets.

lorit33
12/1/16

I purchased tickets to the warrior vs grizzlies game for my sons birthday. I realized within an hour that we had my other sons graduation on the same day. I called and asked for a refund. Denied. I also asked for the tickets immediately where I could resell. Denied. I was told to call uber seats. They have also denied me. I will receive the tickets to sell two days before the game and now I log on today and it says the day before the game. This company is horrible. How am I suppose to sell tickets one day before the game!!! I will never purchase from this company again

davidk266
11/30/16

Used SeatGeek for the first time to purchase Stevie Nicks concert tickets. When we got to the gate, we were turned away because our tickets have already been used. With a calm head, I called SeatGeek and they took care of the situation immediately. Sometimes the seller of the tickets accidently double sells the seat on several ticket sites. Out of SeatGeek's control but it does happen. Customer service agent Jack in Portland quickly got me new tickets and we were in our new upgraded seats just as the concert started.

mikek151
11/29/16

Bought tickets to two Alabama Football Games. Miss St and Chattanooga. Nothing went wrong at all. Print At Home Tickets Were Fine! I was nervous because after I purchased them, I saw all the neg reviews, but it was all good. 4 tickets total, all scanned, all allowed entry to the games. I will use seatgeek again.

chriss473
11/28/16

Did not get the seats I paid for,. very disappointed. Wanted to sit close to the stage and paid for tickets near their,. and arrived at the show only to sit in an aisle near the back of the first section. Also the tickets were mailed to me.... I found that odd and wonder why they dont just use a cellphone to scan your tickets at the show,since they actually SCAN your tickets when you get to the show. I would not order from them again, and discourage anyone else from doing so. also the service fees are ridiculous. lame.

ap1142
11/25/16

I purchased tickets twice in the past week from Seatgeek. Once, they canceled my tickets 10 hours later, right before game time. The second time they didn't deliver any tickets. Since they don't have a customer service number, there is no one to speak to. When they do finally answer an email, all they say is "sorry".

ashleyr92
11/22/16

SeatGeek are thieves. I purchased Bruno Mars tickets 5 days ago, not realizing general admission tickets were not for sale yet, and those prices are much more reasonable (I paid DOUBLE what the general admission tickets were. Absolutely ridiculous). After realizing THAT I WAS SCAMMED I wanted to cancel the tickets. I called and they stated that I was not able to get a refund. They said that I am stuck with them. They also did state that I could try and sell them once tickets are sold out. BUT, I will not even get a PDF version of my tickets (which I paid an additional $5 for an email delivery) until one week before the event. SEVEN DAYS PEOPLE. There is no way I can get to sell my tickets, and even get my money back for a concert that is OVER 9 MONTHS AWAY just SEVEN DAYS before the concert. I am highly upset, they do not care for the customers, and are just trying to make extra money off of their customers in any way possible.

I will NEVER purchase from SeatGeek again, and I highly recommend that no one ever does either! I wish I would have read the reviews before as well! And I see now, that I am not the only person dealing with the same issues.

I will ensure that everyone I know does not purchase from this site. Trust me, I will continue to request a refund, or at least the option to sell MY TICKETS that I have purchased.

Sincerely,
One VERY UNHAPPY customer

amberp27
11/21/16

Update 11/23/16: I have received my refund. Maria and Roxanne were very quick to help and we came to an agreement. Thank you for your assistance you two.

Update 11/21/16: I have been contacted by a manager and will be getting a refund. Once this transaction happens on my card, I will update my review.

I should have read the reviews ahead of time......

I purchased Bruno Mars tickets through SeatGeek as a recommendation through Philly D on YouTube! I price checked through Stubhub and Ticketmaster and decided to try SeatGeek. After I placed my order, I THEN checked the reviews and went into panic mode. If the company has MORE 1 star reviews than 5, I tend to steer clear. Mistake on my part.

I emailed the company within 15 minutes of my purchase asking for a cancellation/refund. I got an email back explaining terms and conditions as per usual, but said I could sell them. Since the concert isn't until next August, I figure I have 8/9 months to resell on THEIR website, I just needed to wait until I got my PDF version of the tickets. That is when I found out I wont get my "PDF" version of my tickets until a WEEK before the concert. Why would a company take your money but not give you product for ten months? Without working with the customer on any other options?

If you press purchase, they are yours. The company wont work with you, and throw the excuse of their terms and conditions as well as blaming the venue. If you can't do anything but take my money from me? What is the point? I wont be happy until I get the option for a refund, or my PDF tickets early so I have a CHOICE to sell them. Expecting someone else to pay nearly 500$ for 2 tickets 5 days before the concert is insane.

leahl16
11/15/16

Dont buy tickets from this site. I purchased NFL tickets, noticed after I bought them, they were still for sale. I contacted Seatgeek, by email of course because they dont have a phone number, and they assured me they contacted seller, tickets were good and the other posting would be removed. We arrived at the game, to find out our seats were indeed sold multiple times and had to re-purchase new tickets. I contacted Seatgeek, by email of course and they told me I would get a 120% refund within a week. Not only did I NOT even get responses from them after filing the complaint, I had to dispute with my credit card to get my refund. So NO 120% refund for bad tickets. I will never buy from them again! BUYER BEWARE!

bradb67
11/2/16

Do not buy any tickets from Seat Geek. They have absolutely no refund process in place like other third party searchable vendors (i.e. Orbitz). If you make a mistake or buy a ticket that you meant not to buy based off of MISLEADING INFORMATION showing INCORRECT NUMBER OF TICKETS at a certain price- they will do nothing for you. They will tell you to contact the vendor they got the ticket from and guess what the vendor has no customer service either. I called both parties multiple times and neither will help you. The other vendor they got the ticket from has no customer service line and a full voicemail that means you can't even leave a message. UNBELIEVABLY HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE seat geek. Very unprofessional. Take notes from your counterparts like Orbitz. I WILL NEVER BUY TICKETS FROM YOU AGAIN.

kathyr55
11/1/16

My grandson bought seats to a Cowboy NFL for his father for a birthday present. The seats were purchased in September, but by November seats were selling at twice the price. When the family arrived at the Cowboy's stadium from SC, the seats were not there. I am sure Seat Geek double sold his tickets for the higher price and he and his family were left out in the cold since the stadium was sold out. Yes Seat Geek offered the money back, but his exciting fun time with his father was ruined. He was disappointed, embarrassed and sick. To add to this, there were about 5 other groups with the same problem and this was just at one gate. Bad form, Seat Geek, really bad form.

ma50420
10/30/16

After reading the negative reviews, I was hesitant about the order I placed. However, my experience could not have been better. Before receiving my tickets, I had a questions which I sent to customer service. They litterally answered me withing 3 minutes and gave me the exact info I needed. I had no problems using my tickets and the price was very good. I will definetely use them again.

stevem291
10/28/16

Our seats to the play Hamilton were horrible. A large pillar was right in front of us. Seats were rated as excellent deal. Paid over $450 apiece. Seat obstruction was not printed on the tickets or any of the paperwork. Get your ratings correct.

yoloc
10/18/16

Bought tickets to an even 3 months in advance. 1100$ worth totally.

1 month before the event - Customer Care emails that the tickets I received are not usable. They declare that the vendors / brokers behind the scene are to blame.

I accept the facts and request a full refund. Their buyer guarantee states I am eligible for one. Customer Care refuses to issue a cash refund and recommends that I go to my credit card issuer and file a dispute.

I'm surprised they get to live and tell another tale. So many reviews have been denied entry at events. I am thankful that I didnt have to endure that.

74 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SeatGeek staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
marlenv
Marlen V.
1 week, 3 days ago
Answer
dang103
Dan G.
A: DO NOT purchase tickets from a ticket reseller/aggregator unless you are DESPERATE for tickets to a sold-out event. And then, don't use SeatGeek.
2 days, 16 hours ago