Review of SeatGeek

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

robd67
3/27/17

Horrible experience. I purchased two tickets to the Islanders game but never received email confirmation. Finding seatgeek's phone number was a hassle in itself, but when I finally contacted them with my issue, they offered no solution to my problem besides "try purchasing them again". I even tried to buy another pair of tickets but the same thing happened. Seatgeek did not try to do anything to help me purchase the tickets, nor did they lock me in at the rate I originally tried to purchase them for. This company has horrible customer service and logistics. I suggest buying tickets elsewhere.

tracyr48
3/26/17

This is a scam..... DO NOT USE THIS SITE. BEWARE.... BEWARE... BEWARE Pay a little extra and use a reputable site......I would give them a negative star if it was available.

mikew231
3/26/17

I seem to have a problem with this site about 4 out of 5 times I try to use it. Customer Service has to do some weird work around. Today, they have NCAA regional listed at 3:30 AM, instead of 5 PM so tickets do not show up. I called and they say they have been having trouble since yesterday. Unbelievable. Stay away.

kimh178
3/24/17

I bought my tickets in September 2016 for an event March 24, 2017. I was very anxious at the amount of time it took to get my tickets delivered to me. Constantly asking for updates on the delivery of my tickets. Constantly being told that they would be delivered in time for the concert. They were very quick to answer my emails and I always got a live person when calling. Always telling me "your tickets have been confirmed and will be delivered by the day of the event". And they were. But IF had I had to travel to my event I might have not and therefore missing my event and my refund. I would say to SeatGeek that I think you should find a way to get possession of the tickets I purchased 6 months ago sooner than the day of the event and I would always use your service. Meanwhile, you should open a side business to teach other company's your great customer service model.

marthag47
3/24/17

Me and my husband as well as his twin brother and his wife as well as their older brother could not get into the blink 182 concert last night because our tickets were scanned as fraud.

Apart from that we had the same exact fraud confirmation number and we did NOT buy them together nor at the same time

On top of that all 5 tickets were under someone elses name. How can that be possible when we bought them separate and all have different names?

We just want our money back given us having to spend even more money at the door buying the tickets they had left. Absolutely terrible the employees at houston rodeo couldnt believe it, they all tried different scanners, entering the numbers manually in various computers, and all that kept being repeated is fraud.

santosd3
3/22/17

This company cares more about their ticket brokers than their customers. If the broker screws up your ticket delivery do not expect seatgeek to help you out. They will hold you responsible for the financial burden instead of making the broker responsible for their mistakes. Does not matter how many times you call or email them in the end you will just lose your $500 dollars or however much you spent.

shaun-michaele
3/17/17

I tried to purchase TOOL tickets and even received an email saying the purchase went through........3 minutes later another email appeared stating that the tickets i was trying to purchase had already been sold but my money hasn't been refunded. After going back on the site, the tickets was told were sold are still there.

brandia6
3/15/17

Their guarentee says they will get you tickets if for some reason you don't get the ones you paid for well we bought tickets to Luke Bryan. They didn't come in then when we contacted them they emailed us back and said they would reimburse our money but their guarentee says they will get you your tickets or better ones. After I called the customer service and read them the guarentee they said let me get you a manager then left me on hold for 1 hour and 5 minutes until I finally gave up. Still haven't been reimbursed and it will be 2 weeks on Friday. Really unhappy with this site also ruined my daughters birthday she was hoping for them for her birthday and we told her we got them. I plan on making reviews on social media and everywhere I can think until I get some satisfaction the worst company ever.

michaelb483
3/9/17

I was not able to list any tickets on this website its a flat out lie waste of time just to get you to sing up for their site. Also they pay people to write fake reviews on apples app store its so easy to tell what a crap company dont bother wasting your time

cynthiar51
3/7/17

Bought 288$ worth of tickets,less than 24hours prior to event still fo not have tickets. Refuse to give refund. Use another site

kevinf77
3/7/17

I bought tickets to a Denver Nuggets game 4 hours before the event. SeetGeek charged my card and when I went to download my tickets, the website said the transaction was pending. After 3 hours and logging back in 10 times the website just kept saying pending. My whole family was waiting to go to the event because we still did not have tickets. after 2 calls to the customer service I was finally told 2 minutes before the game started that my purchase was declined and that it would take 3-5 days to give me my money back. I didnt know there was even a chance that I would not get my tickets, there was no disclaimer that clearly stated that this was even a possibility. My family's plans were ruined by this website after paying them over $400. After, we actually just drove to the game and got scalped tickets in front of the arena for less then half of what I was going to pay online through SeatGeek, if you want to know you are going to the event you are buying tickets for please don't use this website. You may think you are saving money, you are not you are literally wasting your time and your money. Worst online purchase I have ever made

josieh10
3/7/17

My boyfriend wanted to surprise me with jazz tickets. the game started at 7:00 by 6 the ticket price had been taken out of his bank account,but we had not received a conformation email. He had to call in 4 times to figure out what was going on, the purchase was never finalized on their end so we never went to the game. By 7:30 the prices were 3x the original price. We never received complimentary tickets, just a " hopefully your money is refunded in 24 hours." A waste of our night going downtown and bad business.

Tip for consumers: Buy tickets way ahead of time to make sure you dont get screwed over. Make sure to get confirmation email

michelles275
3/6/17

Very bad experience! Bought general admission Lynyrd Skynyrd tickets from Seatgeek...over charged "double" the price. We found out at the concert GA was $40.00 per person & we were charged $190.00 for two tickets! To top it off...we were promised our tickets by Feb. 28th ...not receiving them until less than 24 hours before the show! Only becz we called & complained did we receive the tickets! Nor did the company compensate or do something for the trouble they caused. Bad business & bad experience.

autumnm5
3/5/17

All of my favorite podcasts over the last year have, at one point or another, advertised for seatgeek and I seriously wish they would not anymore. I bought very expensive tickets to see Lionel Richie with my dad, show is postponed "for summer". Well, I work on contract and will no longer be living near the venue I bought the tickets for during the summer, but Seatgeeks resolution is...

"You can resell them on our website"

What? The vendor, ticket master and EVERYONE ELSE is offering a full refund if you can't make the new dates. Plus, I can't resell them, there are no rescheduled dates out. So I just have a big chunk of money floating around in space. I requested they just take the tickets back and give me a seatgeek credit, since there are other events I plan to go to soon. A big no.

This website is nice to price compare, but I will literally never but anything from them again. Their customer service was abysmal and this whole situation is a joke. Just pay the extra $15- $20 a ticket and buy direct from Tickemaster.

michaels569
2/25/17

I always check reviews online for companies with which I am not familiar. They advertise on podcasts that I enjoy, so I took them at face value. My mistake. The litany of lies and omissions this company uses to shroud the truth would take 5,000 words to fully explain.
The tickets are not guaranteed, no matter what they say. If you sell tickets on this scam site you get your money, minus huge fees, 5 days AFTER the event. They charge exorbitant fees to buy or sell.
I am contacting the Attorney General of South Carolina. He loves to make trouble for business' that use unfair and misleading advertisements.

my1525
2/21/17

A long time, customer never had a problem...until recently. An expensive ticket purchase with a prime seat assignment turned out to be a General Admission event. SeatGeek didn't reveal until AFTER the purchase. Their customer service is non existent, don't publish a support number, only email. The person on the other end was clearly not equipped with the skills or the information to keep a loyal customer. Fortunately there are other options, I will now go out of my way to avoid using this search engine.

deanj30
2/16/17

I would give a lower rating if possible. Went online before 5A to find tickets for a Blackhawks game. Selected the tickets, paid for the tickets, all good - I'm supposed to be able to download the tickets from my account and print them. Later I get an email the tickets are no longer available and that they are sorry but they still charged my credit card $596. Then I went to their site and the tickets that were 'unavailable' are STILL listed. What a waste of time. Now I have to begin the process all over again. Note: They make it difficult if not impossible to contact them if you have an issue.

Tip for consumers: Find another service.

gregk38
2/14/17

I bought 2 tickets for the Super Bowl in Houston. After purchasing, I checked the reviews for FanXchange, and nearly had an anxiety attack reading the reviews and having just spent a few thousand dollars on tickets. Well everything went PERFECTLY. There was constant communication as to a pick up location, times to pick up, and phone numbers to reach a local contact. The tickets were picked up easily and there were no issues. We even received tickets 15 rows closer than expected.

Also, while in Houston, we decided to check out the Bulls vs. Rockets game, we purchased tickets 5 minutes before game time. The tickets were sent electronically in 3-4 minutes as expected. The only downside was that app that the tickets download to was horrible. (I can't remember the name). The line for issues with this app was about 75-100 people. I'm not sure if that is FanXchange issue or not, but it was a minor inconvenience as it moved quickly. The box office had to print the tickets and there were no issues.

Overall, a great experience with FanXchange

donnief7
2/11/17

Frustrating experience with SeatGeak. Ordered in late December for an event in February. Had to call them the night before the event (Monster Jam) and ask for the tickets to be delivered. The customer service person said he would call the broker and have them sent that night... nothing came that night. Next morning called again and again was told the broker would send them shortly.... nothing came. I bought tickets from Ticketmaster instead and received electronic delivery right away. I wrote an email to SeatGeak requesting a refund and at that point the SeatGeak tickets were finally made available (although too late for me to actually print them out and use them).

adamp73
2/7/17

Seatgeek sold me tickets and even confirmed them within 15 minutes. 3 months later they decided to refund my money without an email or any notification. By that time ticket prices had increased by 400%. Customer Service has been a complete waste of time. I would never under any circumstances buy anything from them again. Large Service Fees and fraudulent tickets are all you'll find here.

Update
I reached out to Seatgeek as they have requested below. It took them 2 days and me asking for an update before anyone responded. They have continually lied to me. First they told me my tickets were not real. I informed them that I have Chat transcript verifying the tickets. I have the ticket locations by Row/Seats that came with the Verified ticket email. They then backtracked and said the tickets were for a different event at the same venue. Check this off as another lie. The tickets were for the Kentucky Oaks/Derby. Churchill Downs only has 2 MAJOR Days during the Summer that would warrant an expensive(500$+) ticket and those Days are the Kentucky Oaks/Derby. I honestly don't understand why anyone would ever use Seatgeek. The only thing worse than my original experience has been talking to Customer Service who continually lied to me.

scottf66
2/3/17

bought tickets to a game. Got stopped at door. Tickets fraudulent. In fact, could still have purchased same exact seats for which I already paid SeatGeek at the box office from the team. Called customer service and they promised me a refund so I bought tickets on stubhub. Then got an email from SeatGeek during the game that they will not refund my money because they're just a "search engine" and I should contact the retailer. Guess what. No answer at retailer.

bobc111
1/31/17

Expensive tickets, over $1,400 purchased and for days the order remained "pending" despite this being against Seat Geek's policy. Many emails back and forth, they continually made excuses for the "broker" not taking action. Finally called them and they said they'd cancel within 24 hours. We'll see, but this should not have occurred in the first place.

khalidi3
1/27/17

This company is by far the most despicable incompetent company I have ever dealt with. There is never a manager or supervisor to speak to you after one month of speaking back-and-forth with them they cannot get in contact with their vendor and ignore all communications from me the buyer. Take your business somewhere else this company is an absolute disgrace

rickv20
1/26/17

Ordered tickets to Bill Maher in Dallas and the show was cancelled and seatgeek refuses to return my money! Buy at your own risk , I'm out $270 don't make the same mistake that I did!! Not a reputable company!

dang103
1/18/17

The business model of SeatGeek is questionable. This ticket reseller has no way to guarantee tickets after the sale. Not sure how the "ticket broker" can reject an order. This makes no sense. The advertised price is the ADVERTISED price. And if the credit card goes through, the order should be valid and should be honored.

Tip for consumers: 1. Make sure you check the actual box office first. Prices at Seat Geek are WAY over face value. But that's not clear on the web site.
2. DON'T use unless you are desperate for tickets to a sold-out event.

82 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SeatGeek staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
glorias50
Gloria S.
1 week, 3 days ago
Answer
benc133
SeatGeek T. [SeatGeek Rep]
A: Hi Gloria,

Thanks for reaching out - can I have the e-mail associated with your account; I'm going to take a close look at this and get back to you!
21 hours ago