Review of SatelliteDirect

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

rocg
3/14/17

complete scam! stay away from this site! the company is fake... it's just another way to steal money

davel117
3/10/17

There is no new management. This is the same old company. For anyone scammed by Satellite Direct, here are their company details:

Satellite Direct phone number and address:

(617) 256-0726

(617) 256-0726
etvcorp@yahoo.com

sheris23
10/30/16

apparently you are a scam company and no longer honor your obligations to the american public,,,,greed is your word for the day...must be terrible to work for a company that is so dishonest and you must be ashamed to tell friends and people where you work for fear of repercussions....

jmb1
10/7/16

They pretend to be under new ownership and do not want to honor the lifetime iubscription I had bought from the previous management. Transfer of ownership does not relieve a company of its contractual obligations. They are invoking a fallacious clause to not honor their obligation. Its called a scam, and nothing more. Stay away,

jackw116
10/1/16

There was an article that said i could live stream the football game. Paid. Then crap. Nada. Zilch. Then my phone was attacked. What a scam! Im so pissed that i fell for this bull$#*!.

pamelap34
3/14/16

I purchased Satellite Direct Services a few years back and paid a one-time lifetime fee for it at that point. It did not work. Customer service and assistance for any type of technical difficulties were literally nonexistent, so I never used it. I received a recent junk mail offer for one month free. I pulled up my info from my original order, which included a receipt for my original payment, tried to log on.and was informed I am now a former member (of a lifetime contract, of which I also have a copy of). I believe that is fraud at its finest and would strongly advise against getting involved with this scam. Run away from their offers as fast as you can!

jimt59
1/20/16

So I paid a one time fee about 2 years ago and got this software. The ads were "one time fee, no monthly or yearly fees ever", 3500 channels, etc. At the time, my TV service was out and waiting for Time Warner to show up in 3 days. It was 5 minutes before the first game of the World Series. So I paid for SatDirect, and it worked. I was able to get the game. So, I tried a few more times to watch things. probably less than 1 in 10 of the channels actually worked, and I tried it a few times and found it to be mostly a waste of time. But could come in handy if the situation came about as it did before. So a few days ago I tried it just to see if things were better, and although my number was in the system, I was no longer a member, could not sign in, did not have an account. Now I get no response from them. I found several online ads, which all seem to have different prices now.
Does anyone know if there is any government agency that can put these crooks out of business?
I advise you not to sign up for this service. It's a rip off, and needs to be shut down.

Tip for consumers: So to update this, after never getting a response from SatDirect I started sending an email every 5 minutes. After sending about 50, they finally got tired of that and responded. Of course, they said they were not the "former" company but a "new" company. So I told them to KMA and go FO. I advise to not buy this BS service as it never worked like they claimed and I doubt it ever will.

shannonf14
1/12/16

I had bought their product a few years ago, and it worked SWIMMINGLY for a VERY long time. I then I had a computer problem and I had to bring it down to get it fixed, fixed to the point that they had to do a factory reset and I lost everything.

So once I got my computer back, I sent them an e-mail explaining my situation and they rectified it rather quickly.

The first time.

Now? Impossible to even get an answer. I know typing in caps won't solve anything, but I did with my latest e-mail to them (which I probably shouldn't have). I have been asking for help to reinstall it (due to ANOTHER computer problem; that's fixed) since July 2015, and we're now January 2016. Does that sound like 12 hours to you or anyone else? Exactly.

Update (February 9th, 2016): they finally replied to me (part of their e-mail)

"We understand your frustration and mistrust with the previous ownership of SatelliteDirect.com however, this is a new product under a new management. Our new platform is accessible through our online website and offers you 10x more content than the previous software version. And plus you can now watch TV on any device."

Sadly now, it's a monthly subscription.

Tip for consumers: Don't bother.

geog12
11/30/15

This is a scam site.

bobs195
11/11/15

Loved it when I first got it. All Live Sports alone was worth the price of admission. However, the last few months 90% of their channels wouldn't load ("a server problem" and they pleaded for patience) and now the entire website doesn't load. Supposedly there's a legal issue about their access to TV channels that forced them to shut down. However I see that their website merrily advertises their service and their 3500 channels. So I am thoroughly confused. Is it all a nefarious plot to get rid of all the lifetime members so they can charge a monthly rate? Is it really true they were shut down and everyone connected has headed for the hills? Can a scam be this overt? Will we ever solve the mystery?
PS: I posted this before I read Phil's comments down the page who provides some of the answers. It seems, if I understood it correctly if you have a "device change", (buy a new computer) you get a new download of SD, which is only good for a year. Then it'll be voided. In my case, I had to get a new hard drive for my existing Mac, and was provided a new download. Then, kaput. Terminated. Without an explanation, which would have been nice. Like Phil, I don't think it's a scam, but a major communication problem.

kumarm
10/12/15

Offers online world TV software for viewing international channels. Is a complete scam cuz you pay for the software but when you put in the product key it wont work and sending emails to the customer service wont be answered ever nor would the money be ever refunded. So use different more reliable ways to watch PC TV software. Stay away.

richardj57
9/3/15

Again, nuff said and PLEASE don't waste your time with this POS.

pauls204
8/4/15

what a rip-off. didn't get 3500 stations got about 100. not worth buying. cant get a hold of support. sent them

phillipb30
7/3/15

after getting it down loaded with difficulty it barely worked now not at all and can't make any type of contact with them

marks239
5/23/15

It's nice when it works, which is spotty.
Be prepared to spend a few hours removing all the malware it installs on your PC.

shinaa
5/12/15

I am shina I formet my pc and I lost satellite direct softwewe so kindly requiest please re load sortwere my ID shinafatgershah777@yahoo.com

mariap61
5/8/15

I really don't see how they are still around! i bought a lifetime membership 2 years ago, so that I could have the NFL and MLB games at work. It worked great the 1st year,, once I found the stations..
After that, it was never dependable! At this point it won't even load up anymore!
Somebody has to do something!!! You pay for a lifetime subscription... but a lifetime of what??

nealj6
4/23/15

Gentlemen,

I want a refund. Your website stated I have " 60 day to return for a refund. No questions asked". I think this a scam. My registration number didn't work to activate the program and you shunt me off to never - never support. Then you offer to let me buy advanced software that probably works, somewhat. I don't appreciate snagware in a program I paid for. Your site is full of it. I'm sure you're aware of all this and I'm waisting my time giving you feedbck. I suppose this is amusing. Have at a good laugh on me, then. refund my money. My bank is already aware of this issue. They will get a copy of this as well.

Neal Jackson

steveh97
1/5/15

WHY SCAM EVERYONE - I SENT NUMEROUS EMAILS ONLY TO FIND OUT MY LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION WAS NO MORE -$#*!S!

montef7
12/22/14

Agree with all comments that this is a scam. I also paid a "one time" fee and now am told I need to pay again if I want to continue with their service which was really quite poor even when it was "working". Like others I would give no stars if that was possible. a class action against this company might be a good idea people.

michaelm228
12/8/14

I purchased this software paying a one time fee of $29 in 2010. About a year later I had to reinstall my hard drive and the company provided me with a code to do this. I used the software successfully a few times while travelling but overall it wasn't quite what I had expected. Anyway I needed to completely refresh my PC this year and was told that my fee was for a one time install and they will not help me now. I provided the company with a copy of my order clearly showing a one time unlimited use fee and they still would not help nor will they even respond to me now. I would need to buy a new license. Their terms do not mention anything about a one time install. No integrity here so I advise to stay away from this company. I asked the company to either provide me with an account reset or refund my money. No luck.

vic1318
11/26/14

Total scam... They initially charged me a one time fee... Now they want to charge me more money... The channels selection suck as well...

warrens20
11/18/14

Don't waste your money. Their 'one time fee' is for one computer period. If you upgrade computers, you have to buy again. Now how hard would it be for them to change your computers MAC address in their data base replacing the old so you couldn't install on more than one PC?

THIS IS A SCAM in my mind. Also, I will not be upgrading my saubscription to
Reggennie they are the ones who offered me this scam.

Tip for consumers: DON'T BE FOOLED BY THIS COMPANIES SCAM.

jamesb180
11/10/14

This is as good a scam as I have seen in a long time. This company should be reported to FCC and banned from doing business in the U.S. The subscriptions are canceled for no reason so you have to pay again...

jk61
10/10/14

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY !!! This is a terrible company, the channels do not work and those that work have a terrible signal quality. I switched internet service and they immediately deactivated my service. I was told to BUY another license, WHY ??? If I already paid for one !! NEVER again will deal with this company.
I gave them 1 star because there is no lower grade!!!!

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SatelliteDirect staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
vishwasb
Vishwas B.
on 10/9/15
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the SatelliteDirect staff and other customers.

SatelliteDirect?