US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jonathonp3
7/22/16

Called to find if recovery software has shipped on July 13th, received email saying: your order has been processed and is awaiting shipment. "You should have this long before the 14 business days." Ok, Great. Called back July 22nd. 11th business day. Told by employee Joe the 14 business days rule. I ask so when will they ship. Joe says "I Don't know". But, and here it is. If you upgrade your shipping ($20.00 plus) we can ship them tomorrow. Why are they holding my disks hostage? So, I $#*!ed at Joe for his ignorance an unprofessional response to me. After continued pressure, Joe finally says "you should get your order in the next 1 to 3 business day's. I get email from the telephone tech support guy (joe) saying I have been placed on a block list an can no longer order from them. Why would i? I am bewildered that a low level phone tech has that much athoritity. This company should have business license revoked. Joe should be fired at the very least. This company is the reason why people don't want to make online purchases. Check out website: RIPOFF.COM and others for more stories about recoverydisks.com

Tip for consumers: DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY!!! They boast 50,000 customers. 50,000 one time customers would be a more honest statement.

taffya
5/14/16

Jeremey and Johnathan put together my cardio equipment. They went above and beyond the call of duty. They didn't have to do this. The cashier asked Jeremey if he could do it and he said he would if the manager allowed him. The manager said yes and Jeremey said it will be done in 15 min. Thus young man is very nice and hospitable. I will be back at $#*!'s in Reading.

jasonw107
3/28/16

We bought recovery-disks.com set of dvd's to get our office computer back up and running. We ended up having to install the hard drive first and then install these discs. It was a fairly easy process and didn't cause us any downtime. Luckily, the installation took a couple hours and was very easy to do via the included instructions. I did have a small hiccup with the discs, as I thought they didn't send the correct discs. But, once we followed the directions, they installed perfectly fine and there were no issues. I highly recommend these discs are anyone in need of getting their computer installed back to factory specifications with little to no downtime. Also, if you don't see the set on the website, be sure to call them to order it over the phone. I know it doesn't say how to exactly but trust me, you can easily just call their number and explain the problem. They were able to place my order, no questions.

michaelh91
3/14/16

they make it sound like they have original disks. but if you found them online you can find the same drivers for free.. they are NOT original. and guess what.. no refunds.. ripoff!!

christiang28
10/23/15

I must agree with the other reviewers here. The product itself does work great and is very easy to install. The company is easy to work with, responded to my emails and even helped me find my product key stuck to the side of my computer. The reason for the three start review was the fact that it took 8 days for me to get the package. If you order something online, it should be delivered within a few days. I don't understand why it takes over a week for me to get my package from these guys. Everytime I called, the guy was a litttle snippy to me asking me to review the website terms and conditions. Stating that they are a small company. WELL HIRE MORE PEOPLE. It shouldnt take 8 days. Yes, I realize that the website says 12 days, but who reads that small print anyway?

samk61
10/8/15

I'm fairly computer savvy and was able to follow the directions in the package to install them. I've read some of these reviews and am appalled that some of these people couldn't figure out how to install these.

I've installed about 3 or 4 different sets of disks and dell disks are by far the easiest. I was able to get them installed in about 2 hours and have everything up and running and installing updates.

keep in mind once you get the disks installed you need to install virus protection that will work for your machine. These guys sell virus protection which is some sort of lifetime protection software that I decided to buy. it turned out to work very well so far. Its only been about a month but my machine is still running like new.

If you're able to read, you should be able to install these disks. Don't listen o these other idiots on here.

caito
11/3/14

Never order anything from this site. They sent me disks that are defected (Geek Squad was not able to use them). I then attempted to contact the company numerous times and the ONE time that someone responded to me they were so rude and short with me it was beyond unhelpful. As if this wasn't bad enough, they are now refusing to give me a refund

johnr103
4/12/13

I ordered a restore disk set for a Dell Latitude computer on March 3rd. 2013 - It was $50 or thereabouts. I made sure to read over their terms and conditions because of the complaints I had read about these guys. When they claimed it would take 12 business days for my disk to arrive, I was a little apprehensive to order, but because I couldn't get them anywhere else, I went ahead and did so anyway.

I was pleasantly surprised when my disk set was delivered to me on Wednesday the 6th. It only took two days for the discs to arrive. I believe this is because of how close I was to these guys.

**Update - installing the disks went just as planned. Utilized the included instructions, took about 2 hours from start to finish. Computer works just as it did when I bought it 5 years ago. Will recommend them to others in need of restore media for their computers. Some of these reviews had me worried, but my experience totally differs. Cheers!

jimc52
1/21/13

My computer was dead and I needed to revive the computer to its original state. The disks provided by recoverydisks.com worked perfectly once I followed the directions. I would certainly like to recommed this company for its service. Other companies were considered other providers but this was the best in my opinion.

jimc22
1/3/12

Ill start by saying that Recovery-Disks.com offered me 30% off to review their service from beginning to end. They asked me to be honest in my review of their services and I would receive the discount off my next order.

I found recovery-disks.com by google searching for a recovery disc for my machine. When I got to the website, I noticed that it is professionally done albeit somewhat hard to read because of the contrasting colors, I was still able to navigate around it.

I did some research on them and found this website. While I was hesitant to order, I placed the order anyway. It looks like they've been in business for a long time, and when you're one of the only companies that offers this service, I'm sure they receive a lot of orders, and being in the industry, I know its difficult to keep people happy. I placed the order and hoped for the best.

The order arrived 6 days after I placed it (4 business days.)

I received the tracking number and invoice in my email inbox. It did go to the SPAM folder so I had to retrieve it from there.

After using the product, the computer is recovered back to the way it should be. I used the product key sticker on the machine to activate it. Some of you state that it didn't have this, but in their FAQ it shows that you are required to have it and its a sticker on the machine itself. If you don't have that, you probably shouldn't order because you might need it to activate your machine.

Those of you getting not authentic copies, need to use your key to activate windows properly.

So, all in all, I'm a happy camper and will be placing another order soon. I own a local repair shop and need these to repair my customers computers on occasion.

Also -- As the owner of a local repair shop, I will say, its not easy to use these discs. There is a reason you pay a computer repair shop a fee to fix your machine. We go through years of schooling to learn how to do this properly. If you aren't able to follow the directions included with the discs, don't expect them to work. You need to have a decent understanding of the English language and some ability to work on computers. After reading some of these reviews, it seems that some of you need to take the discs and the computer to a shop to have it repaired and installed properly.

I will give them 4 stars. Minused one star for ease of use of the website.

dana48
6/16/11

I think this place went out of business or something.

After nearly a week, my order didn't get processed and the company NEVER returned any calls/emails.

I ended up having to dispute the charges through my bank.
AVOID!

profsb
2/20/11

Found the sites link on another site, the site has lots of brand listed on the site and the service is pretty good.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Recovery-Disks staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
5/24/15
Answer
joec87
A: Hello. There are no such thing as generic recovery disks.

You want a disc that will install the operating system and the drivers and utilities. Our product does install those the OS and Drivers.

In some circumstances you might need your product key sticker. In most situations, you WILL NOT need it.

We require all of our customers to have a valid product key before purchasing in the off chance that you do need to input the key. If you wish to chance it, and order anyway, you're more than welcome to. However, we do not accept refunds or exchanges on software.

Thank you for your business. If you have any more questions, please contact us at 800-896-2363 OPTION 3.
5/24/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
5/1/15
Answer
joec87
A: Good afternoon Brian. We do have that particular disk instock and ready to ship. You can place your order by visiting the following direct link product URL: http://www.recovery-disks.com/hp-pavilion-p6210y.html

If you experience any problems placing your order, please call us directly at 800-896-2363 OPTION 3.

Recovery-Disks.com
5/2/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
LoadingLoading...
Questions? Get answers from the Recovery-Disks staff and other customers.

Similar Pages