US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

eddiep25
8/18/16

I have tried several times to look at exterior entry doors, and sadly they are all linked to a Pinterest site. I do not want to set up a Pinterest account, and while it appears to allow me to use my Facebook account, it wont let me to the page. So I am boycotting any vendor that wont allow me to view their product without setting up a Pinterest account. We are starting a $200,000 home remodel, so sorry for the short sightedness of those vendors.

rebeccaw64
8/13/16

What happened? All of a sudden the view of the pins has changed. The view of my boards has changed and when I am going through boards and moving stuff around it doesn't go back to the board you were at, it goes to the top of your boards and you have to scroll down to where you were. Even the Save button has been put on the other side of the pin. What is up with that. When I first open Pinterest to see new pins, it is showing pins I have already pinned sometimes 2 and 3 times. This is not an improvement.

syedb1
8/6/16

some users try to dominate pinterest, those persons only always complaint others account as spam.based on that report pinterest block the url or suspend the site.
very very worst support i lost 230 good articles.its time to change over new social platform

tomt98
8/4/16

Ok..you're out surfing the web for images for a project you're dreaming up..

and bam ! You land on an image..there is your idea farm...SUnddenly the screen goes dark
and you have to join pinterest to see the image....

$#*! THAT !!

NOT ONCE EVER.

NO WEBSITE WILL MAKE ME DO THAT> $#*! THEM!!!

kiwik1
7/30/16

As an art student, I'm always looking for inspiration. My friend reccomended Pinterest and when I set up the account, I was very surprised. I wasn't initially expecting much, because most websites have spam and people who are only out to amuse themselves, not others. But it's great! When I'm sat at home, bored out of my head, all I have to do is type in 'projects' and it comes up with all sorts of things for me to do. It's also great if you have friends on Pinterest, because you can communicate and send each-other pins. It really lightens up my day!!

The only minor problem I've experienced is that most pins are linked to websites which sometimes make my phone crash, but I think that's because my phone is an old version. I love Pinterest, GET IT!

paula773
7/27/16

A great place to be for all the things you love! Eddie Arnold / EDDIES HOME THINGS

terryc69
7/24/16

Upgrade is awful! No option to opt out. Forward page is cluttered and time consuming.

I am so very disappointed in Pinterest and their total lack of communication with their members concerning this terrible upgrade. The least they could've done was ask members to review prior to implementing so we could have at least seen what kind of changes were going to be made to our pages

karenl135
7/24/16

I don't like the new update! Too bland visually. Too much white space. The bright white gives me a headache. Folders now have 3 photos on their cover - I only want one, the one I picked as the "cover photo". The service icons don't even have text! When I first saw the change I had trouble moving from the main page to my own page - had to click on unnamed icons til I found the right one.

amparoh
7/3/16

New update sucks! I'm not able to see my board covers, too big and takes too long to get to my boards. Change it back!!

tareqr
7/3/16

Agence sérieuses
excellent rapport qualité prix

bradr37
7/1/16

Over several weeks and through multiple requests, I still have not been able to have resolved a technical problem with removing personal data from Pinterest.

The company has absolutely no way to contact them except via web, and they seem to be either completely incompetent or completely uncaring.

I suggest not putting ANYTHING on pinterest that you might EVER want to remove from the Internet. They offer no way for me to delete the data, and they are unresponsive to my multiple (at least five) requests over three weeks.

My only recourse is to file a law suit against them and hope that maybe then they will get the message that I want my personal data removed.

nicholasb37
6/18/16

Upon entering the site, you are forced to create an account. After that, they force you to follow 5 different accounts, just to browse the website. Then, when I clicked on a page that was on their website after browsing for about 2 minutes, my anti-virus software marked the page as a threat, and dangerous.

Do not recommend this terrible website.

jackieb61
5/31/16

Used to LOVE Pinterest - rarely flip through it now... NOT interested in what 'they' pick for me!!

maxr23
5/26/16

You sign up to mark things you like and you expect others are doing the same and that you'll know what others like or do and vice versa, but you end up being spammed by big corporations because you receive what they'd like you to like and buy. It's some kind of new age hypnosis and brainwashing in my opinion. The same pattern is used by big corporations in all other free services they're funding. Those services are not really free, they're backed by corporations' money, so it was kinda expected because nothing's really free. Sure you join for free and don't have to pay anything, but you're their target, that's why it's free for you.

laurieo1
5/25/16

All I see now is stuff from Huffington post and Buzz Feed no original photos....can't see my pins or even find them. This site use to be fun. Now it's so commercial.

Tip for consumers: Avoid this is just frustrating.

wendyc55
5/3/16

i love interest but since the new version has come out my list in order to pin are in alphabetical order but my boards themselves are not. I can't remember all the board name if you are supposed to type them in to find them. It makes more sense to have them in order to start with.

lindas274
4/23/16

Be careful if you ask for technical support. If your computer isn't infected they will infect it and then try to sell you malware.

Tip for consumers: Be careful of what they are doing.

miac16
4/4/16

pinterest spreading like a virus and looks like cancer that will erode freedom for content on the public domain. Many images are not even legally owned by the website yet still being controlled due to their users interest alone. This website is building by WEB USER INTEREST in images and seems it is trying to monopolize all images and control the web by its control over images due to blocking unregistered viewers. In a google search i must opt out (-pinterest) to avoid the images from this site since it then blocks your viewing after 30seconds unless registering for that site. Once registered they send overload of images much like spam to your email to increase "Interest" for more claim over the images.This site should be boycotted to save the web as public domain and free to all.

mam170
3/30/16

Pinterest SHOVES a lot ff their "promoted" and "picked for you" pins in your feed. By doing this, its really the visual equivalent of making you look at everything in your junk mail folder.

It wasn't always like this. YOU could decide what you wanted to see. I get that Pinterest needed to be able to monetize their site. However, the way they are going about it is just a turn off. I would have rather paid an annual fee. Now, I just go to the site a lot less.

marias161
3/28/16

Pinterest is the biggest garbage from all the websites that you can have an account, they make people waste their time miserable and one day for no reason at all they tell you your account have been suspended for no reason, and don`t try to reason with the people that are supposed to help you, because they don`t care they will answer you: "That you probably did something wrong like pinned image with sexual content, I explained to them in another email that I did not. and I did not got any answer back they just suspended my account and I lost all the quotes that I have saved in my computer and pinned in pinterest trusting that I could keep them there I delete all the quotes from my device and now I have nothing thanks to the stupid website call Pinterest the biggest garbage on the internet don`t waste your time looking for pictures to pinned like I did because one day you have nothing just because someone in Pinterest want to delete your account without any explanation or real reason this is really disgusting.

hb36
3/15/16

Pinterest has turned into a nightmare. The "promoted" and "picked for you" pins are obscenely ridiculous. My friends and I have emailed them numerous times complaining about these pins and our concerns are never addressed. What's the point of Pinterest if someone else is going to pick the pins that you see, it totally defeats the purpose. I want to decide what I want to see in my feed, not have it picked for me. The last straw was when I got on the website and there was over 100 "promoted" and "picked for you" pins. I'm not kidding, over 100. I couldn't see any thing I or my friends had pinned. I ended up deleting my account. It's not worth the hassel. I now use Juxtapost.

gn24
3/10/16

You can't trust these people. One day you'll go to log in and you'll get a message that your account has been suspended. When you try to find out why, they'll give you a $#*! and bull story about how you are posting "spammy pins" when you are NOT posting spammy pins. You will lose everything you have on their site. DO NOT TRUST PINTEREST!!!

christiner33
2/11/16

I'm constantly looking at the same ads no matter what I search. Why can people block you if you give their ads a negative response but you can't block out the ads?????????

sager1
2/9/16

You do have to make an account. But Pininterest is wonderful for getting creative ideas flowing and it can be done with just a quick view of the pictures.

renatoi
1/30/16

IF you want to browse pics for hours, this is a great place to be. Just type in keywords and enjoy.

4 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Pinterest staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question