US Government’s NSF

San Francisco, California, USA
Tel: 6875467862

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Pinterest as a social media site is a joke! They are far from social and here is why. For some reason after 4 years they just up and suspend my account. Nothing has changed with my posting and everything I have done is within their terms. What really ticks me off is the super jerky email they send that lumps all of the offenses into one communication that basically states that I am a scumbag, and I still don't know what the problem actually is. I then sent an appeal stating that I don't understand what happened or why this occurred. Guess what? Another canned and automated email with more abusive communication from All that I can say to anyone reading this post is to ditch Pinterest and cancel your account. Quit wasting your time with this platform because you'll end up wasting your man power hours. Once this happens to you you wish you heeded my advice. Pinterest is Anti-Social! #PinterestisAntiSocial

Pinterest got so bad. Before i can even go to find anything there's a ton of sales i got to scroll through first. I consider quitting using it. Just as any other social network-- too much advertising and trying to sell stuff.

Pinterest has now resorted to gangster pop-ups on other shopping sites that won't let you shut them down. Your only choice is to stop shopping. I'm pretty sure this isn't legal, and I agree with Robert H.that they won't let you unsubscribe. If you want to do that or tell them about a problem, all you get is an endless loop. I have also encountered what Eddie R. complains about. Pinterest is way out of control.

I can't believe that pinterest allows the company to advertise on its site. This company is a total scam! The company takes your money but never delivers the merchandise! Buyers beware!!! Do not order from this company!!

I want to say that I've been a user of Pinterest for many years just for design inspiration. I have thousands and thousands of pins in numerous boards, including sharing secret boards with groups from my university. The new Pinterest is a pain.

1. On the Apple device apps, you can no longer move a pin from a secret board to another secret board. This was not previously the case. It's still an option that is available on the desktop version, but not the apps? And the apps also crash consistently rendering it almost useless and frustrating while browsing. With app updates every two weeks, they're only making Pinterest worse by moving functions around, making users have to scavenge to find options.

2. The "suggested pins" and advertisements are extremely out of hand. It was tolerable once but now my home feed is almost more advertisements and suggested pins that are just not relevant to me in ANY way at all. Plus some of them are beyond ridiculous, advertising me club/party dresses with a provocative mirror selfie image as the pin. Are you serious? I don't follow anything related to that kind of content. I spent more time trying to get rid of these things than viewing my own things.

3. The new interface is so ugly and confusing. Just to simply "log out" which should've been obvious on the top right corner ends up with a user having to go to their profile > icon with three dots > sign out. Really?

4. Pinterest is like Tumblr.. you cannot browse content unless you have an account. Since I have an account already, I don't mind, but it's inconvenient for others who don't wish to make an account.

Sooner or later, it'll just be easier for me to download all the Pins locally to folders on my computer. I only need the visual image, not the URLs, so it's probably easier for me. If Pinterest can't even get themselves corrected, I can't trust them managing my thousands of pins.

The site will not let me unsubscribe. I hover over the UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS EMAIL,
click on the CLICK TO FOLLOW LINK but nothing happens. This site is filling up my Junk e-mail folder.

I've been trying to get advisement on an issue that I reported a week ago that regards the comment section on my Pinterest quote board being cut off/truncated:
A Pinterest help desk staff member answered my initial inquiry, a week ago, explaining that there had been changes made to the lay out. She also acknowledged that she was aware that the comments section on the pins were being cut off/truncated. She said that they were working to resolve the problem with the truncated comments. I then received an email that said the issue had been "closed". Here's the thing: I didn't "close" the issue. And, more critically, the problem has not been resolved. I still have not been contacted as to how the issue with restoring my comments section on my board is being handled.
So, I attempted to contact, again, today using the same correspondence thread, but I got an error message saying that my email is "undeliverable". I, then, opened up a new ticket which re-explains the problem I reported a week ago, only to receive what I believe is a formulized response from the Pinterest technical staff. This form response does not address anything to do with the specific problem I reported very clearly -multiple times, now. I'm getting VERY frustrated.
For over two years, I have put a great deal of energy, time, and heart into my Pinterest quotes board. It's been a very meaningful activity for me, personally. However, I have no use for the Pinterest board if my personalized comments will not appear in full - which, until very recently have always appeared complete and visible at the bottom of the quote.
I am very disappointed in Pinterest due to the lack of consideration in not notifying users of the pending layout changes and, most of all, for making it difficult to get direct answers about the status of the problem-solving regarding restoring the comments section, initially acknowledged to me by the help desk.

I have tried several times to look at exterior entry doors, and sadly they are all linked to a Pinterest site. I do not want to set up a Pinterest account, and while it appears to allow me to use my Facebook account, it wont let me to the page. So I am boycotting any vendor that wont allow me to view their product without setting up a Pinterest account. We are starting a $200,000 home remodel, so sorry for the short sightedness of those vendors.

What happened? All of a sudden the view of the pins has changed. The view of my boards has changed and when I am going through boards and moving stuff around it doesn't go back to the board you were at, it goes to the top of your boards and you have to scroll down to where you were. Even the Save button has been put on the other side of the pin. What is up with that. When I first open Pinterest to see new pins, it is showing pins I have already pinned sometimes 2 and 3 times. This is not an improvement.

some users try to dominate pinterest, those persons only always complaint others account as spam.based on that report pinterest block the url or suspend the site.
very very worst support i lost 230 good articles.its time to change over new social platform

8/4/16're out surfing the web for images for a project you're dreaming up..

and bam ! You land on an image..there is your idea farm...SUnddenly the screen goes dark
and you have to join pinterest to see the image....

$#*! THAT !!

As an art student, I'm always looking for inspiration. My friend reccomended Pinterest and when I set up the account, I was very surprised. I wasn't initially expecting much, because most websites have spam and people who are only out to amuse themselves, not others. But it's great! When I'm sat at home, bored out of my head, all I have to do is type in 'projects' and it comes up with all sorts of things for me to do. It's also great if you have friends on Pinterest, because you can communicate and send each-other pins. It really lightens up my day!!

The only minor problem I've experienced is that most pins are linked to websites which sometimes make my phone crash, but I think that's because my phone is an old version. I love Pinterest, GET IT!

A great place to be for all the things you love! Eddie Arnold / EDDIES HOME THINGS

Upgrade is awful! No option to opt out. Forward page is cluttered and time consuming.

I am so very disappointed in Pinterest and their total lack of communication with their members concerning this terrible upgrade. The least they could've done was ask members to review prior to implementing so we could have at least seen what kind of changes were going to be made to our pages

I don't like the new update! Too bland visually. Too much white space. The bright white gives me a headache. Folders now have 3 photos on their cover - I only want one, the one I picked as the "cover photo". The service icons don't even have text! When I first saw the change I had trouble moving from the main page to my own page - had to click on unnamed icons til I found the right one.

New update sucks! I'm not able to see my board covers, too big and takes too long to get to my boards. Change it back!!

Agence sérieuses
excellent rapport qualité prix

Over several weeks and through multiple requests, I still have not been able to have resolved a technical problem with removing personal data from Pinterest.

The company has absolutely no way to contact them except via web, and they seem to be either completely incompetent or completely uncaring.

I suggest not putting ANYTHING on pinterest that you might EVER want to remove from the Internet. They offer no way for me to delete the data, and they are unresponsive to my multiple (at least five) requests over three weeks.

My only recourse is to file a law suit against them and hope that maybe then they will get the message that I want my personal data removed.

Upon entering the site, you are forced to create an account. After that, they force you to follow 5 different accounts, just to browse the website. Then, when I clicked on a page that was on their website after browsing for about 2 minutes, my anti-virus software marked the page as a threat, and dangerous.

Do not recommend this terrible website.

Used to LOVE Pinterest - rarely flip through it now... NOT interested in what 'they' pick for me!!

You sign up to mark things you like and you expect others are doing the same and that you'll know what others like or do and vice versa, but you end up being spammed by big corporations because you receive what they'd like you to like and buy. It's some kind of new age hypnosis and brainwashing in my opinion. The same pattern is used by big corporations in all other free services they're funding. Those services are not really free, they're backed by corporations' money, so it was kinda expected because nothing's really free. Sure you join for free and don't have to pay anything, but you're their target, that's why it's free for you.

All I see now is stuff from Huffington post and Buzz Feed no original photos....can't see my pins or even find them. This site use to be fun. Now it's so commercial.

Tip for consumers: Avoid this is just frustrating.

i love interest but since the new version has come out my list in order to pin are in alphabetical order but my boards themselves are not. I can't remember all the board name if you are supposed to type them in to find them. It makes more sense to have them in order to start with.

Be careful if you ask for technical support. If your computer isn't infected they will infect it and then try to sell you malware.

Tip for consumers: Be careful of what they are doing.

pinterest spreading like a virus and looks like cancer that will erode freedom for content on the public domain. Many images are not even legally owned by the website yet still being controlled due to their users interest alone. This website is building by WEB USER INTEREST in images and seems it is trying to monopolize all images and control the web by its control over images due to blocking unregistered viewers. In a google search i must opt out (-pinterest) to avoid the images from this site since it then blocks your viewing after 30seconds unless registering for that site. Once registered they send overload of images much like spam to your email to increase "Interest" for more claim over the images.This site should be boycotted to save the web as public domain and free to all.

4 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

11 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Pinterest staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question