US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

rayd32
12/6/16

We didn't do this for convenience we did it because we have no money. My wife has sores on her hip and feet and hands and has already been diagnosed and given an antibiotic before and it cleared all of it up. Since we have no money we were trying to get a prescription filled but the doctor said we need to go see a specialist, we don't have money to go see a specialist That's why we were on here. If you couldn't help us you shouldn't have taken our money especially right here at Christmas. My wife still has no relief and we have no money to buy the kids Christmas presents. Thank you so much for ripping us off

keithr47
11/17/16

They were happy to take my money. Dr was incredibly brief on the phone and didn't really care what I said. Gave me the wrong diagnosis and the rx didn't work. When I talked with the service team they said I needed to pay ago to talk to a doctor. The service rep eventually hung up on me.

kristenl24
9/26/16

I was really skeptical about seeing a doctor on-line but I was weak and tired from vomiting all night. I was seen, diagnosed and had a prescription in less time than it would have taken to get dressed and drive to the local urgent care I go to. And it was half the price and I could stay in bed and not infect anyone. No waiting in an uncomfortable waiting room possibly getting sick with other stuff.

jeanetter10
7/4/16

this site was awful i highly do not recomend

tonin4
5/29/16

I found this site through an Internet search. At first I was leary of them being legitimate but found them to be quire efficient. After filling out the information, I received my I initial consultation call within 5 minutes and the doctor called me about 30 minutes later. He assessed my situation and told me that he would call in my prescription. I called the pharmacy and was told they didn't have my prescription. His happened twice and I called back and spoke to Dana. Nor 2 minutes later, I received a call from the pharmacy. I was calling true wrong one (they are both on the same street). This site is the best and I recommend it to anyone! The $49 is comparable if not cheaper than a lot of doctor crisis and well worth the saving of your time for not having to take of work or wait in a waiting room!

sladee
4/29/16

I've been using MeMD for my son with asthma. The doctors' office charges $100 each visit and they won't refill his prescription. I've had the same nurse every call, and she is amazing . I've never waited more than 10 minutes before someone calls to confirm the information given. They have been so professional and efficient. This past call, Jenny actually gave me a 3-month refill on one of his meds . If she were business driven, they could've made more money on me by not doing that. I think very highly of them. What an amazing alternative for our medical care. Thank-you MeMD!!

brianneb2
4/10/16

THIS SITE IS A JOKE! Paid 50 dollars for the "doctor" to tell me to take my kid to see a doctor!!! If I had any idea they would basically be stealing my money I would NEVER have used this place to begin with!! I will never be using these people EVER again and unless you want to lose 50 dollars I suggest you go elsewhere!!!

melw18
4/4/16

My poor husband had to do all the contacting for me as I have a double ear infection and can't hear anything on the phone right now! I had just come back from paying $150 at the Concentra here in Augusta, ME where I was told by a Physician Assistant that adults don't get ear infections; only children do. Uh-huh. I also have a sneaking suspicion that my ear infection has a bit to do with my clogged sinuses and serious chest congestion! I was told by the Physician Assistant to call him back in a week if I still could not sleep because of the choking phlegm and/or still could not hear out of my ears..Nice! As I was researching what happens if Bronchitis goes untreated I bumped across MeMD. I took a chance: in for a penny, in for a pound! And just by my husband recounting the misery from this morning and the fact that all I need is relief from this massive infection, a prescription is on it's way!!! I'm so relieved that I don't have to wait another week to START to feel better!! And, I'd rather spend 50$ and just get what I need than spend $150 and be told: come back in another week!!

mercedesj7
2/24/16

I usually don't bother reviewing things but this was a must. I suffer from reoccurrence of BV almost twice a year. It's such a hassle and waste of time to go sit in a doctors office & wait for them to tell me what I already know about my condition. I just needed a prescription for metronidazole. So I stumbled upon MeMD when looking for online doctors. I filled out all the necessary info & paid the $49 for the visit (which is wayyyyy cheaper than a physical trip to the doctors for me). In less than 5 minutes after submitting my information, a customer service rep called to verify some things with me & told me the doctor would be calling in about 30 min. The doctor called in 15 min and we were literally on the phone for 3 minutes. She sent in my prescription & it was ready for pick up at my CVS in 30 minutes. I will use this site every time I have minor issues now. And I would suggest to anyone who has no time to go sit in a waiting room for hours on end. Thanks so much MeMD!

briank79
2/24/16

Ive been having a sinus infection, on and off fever, cough, headache but dont have time to go to my doctor so happen i stumble into this website while searching. I was skeptical at first but i think theres no harm in trying. I sign up fill some information and thw lady call back then told me the doctor is going to call me back in 45 minutes but that take a little bit longer than 45 min and Im not worried cuz ita not an emergency so while waiting for the doctors call i am also doing some errands at the same time. When thw doctor called he interview me and after that told me my prescription will be on the way. Wow !How convenient is this. As long as it is just minor why sit and wait at the doctors office? Im gonna use this site again. This is real !

chelseyr
2/23/16

I used the service to get travel medication before going to Tanzania. The doctor was amazingly informed and gave me several options and reviewed the possible side effects. The consultation was cheaper than my co pay, wait time was about 10 minutes and I was completely satisfied with the service.

elizabethb129
1/26/16

I've been using this service for 2 years now and suddenly they don't have my records anymore! They treated me like I was trying to buy illegal drugs. All I wanted was blood pressure medication!

Now, you have to take a picture of the last bottle you used and email it to them or they won't talk to you. This is the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!

susanf70
1/12/16

Developed a infected tooth over a weekend. Tried this service--I was contacted by a doctor within minutes. I was Dxed and prescribed antibiotics--which was ready at my pharmacy within an hour! My condition improved within a few days--but when I developed an uncomfortable side effect to the drug--the doctor changed my medication. At no additional charge. Very responsive service. Will use again

jonk31
11/22/15

This organization does not mail you a prescription directly. If you are trying to get your drugs from Canada, etc. MeMD will not work.

lordn1
10/17/15

Called one night and had a friendly, initial first call. Their rep told me a doctor would call me in less than 30 minutes. It was closer to over an hour. The "doctor" was rude, condescending and interrogated me over every symptom. After a half hour of him telling me I should see a real doctor with NO help in giving a slight diagnosis (or prescription), I felt like I had completely wasted my time. Service is very flawed. I can't recommend to anyone after this.

kates49
10/6/15

I woke up with the worst sore throat of my life, but figured I would just have to deal with it and it would go away in a couple of days. I did a warm salt gargle, got some cough drops, but was still miserable. When I got home from work it felt even worse. I shone a light on my throat and could see that I had white patches on the back. I'd never had strep throat before, but had taken my sister into urgent care earlier in the year when she got it, so recognized the signs. Unfortunately for me, it was about 7:30pm and I knew I wouldn't be able to get in to see anyone until the next morning at the earliest - but the idea of sleeping when I could barely swallow seemed impossible. I started looking online and came across the MeMD site. I called them and spoke to a nice woman who told me they could write a prescription for strep throat, and that I would just need to request a visit online - she even offered to help me set-up my account, but I thought it would just be easier to do it myself. I went through the process, and uploaded pictures I took of my throat (not an easy task!) and was then connected with a doctor. She asked me questions and was sympathetic, and agreed that it sounded like I did have strep throat, so she was going to write me a prescription for some antibiotics and send them to my pharmacy. She also gave me some tips and suggestions of ways to help sooth my throat. In less than 40 minutes I had my prescription in hand (thank goodness for 24/7 wallgreens.) While I was skeptical at first, I thought the whole process was easy, and makes a lot of sense for those times when you know you need a prescription to get better.

Tip for consumers: I uploaded pictures of my throat with the white patches, so the doctor could see that I had strep throat and not just a really bad sore throat. I would recommend uploading close-up pictures if it makes sense for your case.

amandaa37
9/7/15

I paid $50 to be told I should seek urgent care for a lump on my shoulder. Rip offs.

peterc85
3/24/15

To me MeMD is a helpful source to get you an appointment with Doctor but not every time, sometimes it takes a lot of time, and sometime due to hectic procedure for information you may cancel the appointment.

deeb38
3/16/15

My prescription was running out before I could get an appointment with my new doctor. I was able to send in copies of my insurance as well as my bottle. I spoke with a MeMD rep within 2-3 minutes of finishing the online information and within 5-10 minutes later I spoke with a doctor. They called in a refill for me so I didn't miss a day as I waited for my next appointment and they cost the same as I would have paid for my deductible at a doctor's office. It was perfect!

boos7
12/21/14

i spent much time preparing the documents and waiting for the call back from the provider. they did not respond by phone; but sent an email to cancel it which i got hours later. it didn't feel like an authentic exchange. search "medical diagnosis and treatment" for other online options.

gregoryh3
12/8/13

The woman I talked to turned out NOT to be a doctor, but a nurse practitioner. I paid to talk to a doctor, so I was a little upset by this. The site administrator would not tell me if the person I'd just talked to was a doctor (they said that someone would call me back) ..... I found out by doing my own web search. I thought about disputing the charge, but I later decided to let it go. The N.P. did give me some useful advice --- I was told to look for an integrative medicine specialist, as this type of doctor is more likely to be open to alternative treatments. I will not use this site again, however.

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the MeMD staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question