Malwarebytes.org reviews

Tel: +1.4088524336
domains@malwarebytes.org

johns1810
6/27/17

I love Malwarebytes and would recommend it to anyone, with one caveat. This otherwise fine software has a chronic HORRIBLE problem with a BROKEN NOTIFICATION mechanism that causes popups to appear constantly, even when your version of the app is completely up-to-date. If, as I do, you need to do screen capture videos, this will ruin you work. Contrary to assurances on the Malwarebytes website IT CANNOT BE CONFIGURED. A very sad defect in an otherwise nice product. Buyer beware.

claudew16
Claude W.
6/26/17

I'm being double billed every year. I'm paying $24.95 for my old version, and $39.95 for version 3.1.2.1733. No phone number listed for Malwarebytes, and no email to send to.

johnw655
5/14/17

I have been using Malwarebytes for years. Used the free version for quite a few years,always with either Norton or MacFee. Put the free version on over 50 different laptops and desktops in my clients compters. Woried just fine for us.
I am running Norton Security Deluxe 2017 with Latest Malware bytes. Work great together. My Malware was just like Norton, both upgraded the older to the newer with no interaction from me.
I highly recommend this product.

richardf95
5/6/17

I purchased this software for three different computers and it didn't work on any of them.It would install just fine, but then I would reboot the computer and there was no tray icon for the program. If I tried to launch the software from the start menu and nothing happened. I emailed support and got no response. Then I posted on the forums and they wanted me to jump through all these hoops to try and get it to work. I had to use all sorts of tools and programs to generate various logs. And then when I would send them the logs they simply ignored me. I paid almost $150 for this software and when someone finally got back to me they claimed it must be specific to my computer. That simply didn't make sense. The same exact issue on three different computers? It wasn't until I filed a dispute with my credit card company that they finally paid attention, but by then I was done. It's sad what happened to this company. There are plenty of alternatives out there now to protect you against malware, viruses, etc. I purchased WebRoot for only $20. I can use it on three different computers. My credit card company gave me full credits for the disputes I filed. Malwarebytes then asked me if I would consider helping them determine what the issue was by providing me with a free year of service. I told them no way. To me, this confirms they know their are bugs in their software. Do not purchase this software. There are so many alternatives that are so much cheaper. Sorry Malwarebytes, you don't own the market anymore.

dominicg
5/1/17

I have been aware of Malwarebytes for ages and I bought premium version. The latest upgrade brought up some false positives for normal programmes. I saw a review on youtube where they offered less realtime protection than Zemana (newer company from Turkey). When there was less competition seemed to be better product.

georgel98
4/24/17

I have pre-paid Premium version for a two year period.
what I dislike (read - HATE) is the fact that when I end up on a website that they deemed "unsafe", I have to jump through loops and hoops to give myself access to that site since I know for a fact that is safe!!
All we need is button that after a warning, allows us to continue to that website because that what we want not prevent us regardless because that what you think needs to happen!
Overall the paid version is ok. Would I renew my subscription? NO WAY IN HELL!

missig1
4/18/17

full 2 weeks before my premium expired, they were constantly bombarding me with notices to renew - I did not want before it was time, not to loose the 2 weeks - so they switched off features such as updating, scans, and who knows what else - eventually I had to download a free version for 2 weeks (they promise a 30 day trial period! but get only 14 days!!! - an other one contravening the trade description act!!!) to be protected;
needless to say am now buying an other make! I'd give it zero if I could.

perrys22
4/4/17

Your program vanish from my computer,and it seems I can not get it back.I called your number and emailed as well.No response

brianh205
3/23/17

When I purchased Malwarebytes years ago, I was led to believe it was good for my lifetime. Over the years, I've been prompted to update the s/w version, which until today went without a hitch. Today, it is asking for my license key after installing over the previous version. Would it have been too hard to warn me I would need the key before hand? And besides, how many people keep a s/w key from 10 years ago? So, basically I'm being cheated out of my lifetime purchase. I will never use Malwarebytes again and would not recommend it to anyone.

westleyc1
3/18/17

I used to like Malwarebytes Anti-malware and recommended it to clients. After finding out that they removed Iobit Advanced Systemcare 10.2 from my computer since they seem to think that it is a PUP. I removed MBAM from my pc and am not going to recommend their product to my clients anymore unless they fix their mistake. I trust Iobit and use several of their products. Malwarebytes is no-longer trustworthy. It piss's me off that their software which I still have a Premier membership for at least 140 something days is now useless. Buyer Beware!

cheryla47
3/16/17

Has become a problem product. Protection layers always shutting off. The worst thing they did was to eliminate the free standing product (discs). When I installed the discs, I had no problem, but since using the up-to-date version from download, I have had nothing but problems. Tech support suggests things, but it doesn't resolve issues.

agnesc10
3/2/17

I thought this program was to protect your internet instead it is messing up my Microsoft Word and XCEL

wallyy
2/23/17

Have had problems, and all they send is general BS. No help what so ever to date ( about two weeks) so if you are having problems don't count on any support and they really charge your account about as quick as you send it.

andyg61
2/15/17

the free version is pretty good so I thought to my self lets get premium,what a joke computer ran the worst,and slow since Iv'e had it.stopped half of their running programs and computer is back to being fast.

bobc114
2/13/17

I used MalwareBytes successfully for many years. It was straightforward. Then they were bought by European company. Now it has many options and they will not tell you the cost for any except the two week version they call "Free". You get nothing. Premium is very expensive I am told.

kenh73
2/12/17

I use to use both Malwarebytes and Pc Pitstop for like 10 years, then Malwarebytes decided that Pc Pitstop was malware, Pc Pitstop is awesome guys it blows away Malwarebytes in functionality, so ba bye Mawarebytes, bad move guys

roberts549
2/1/17

I've got a lifetime subscription! Does this mean I have to wait for you to tell me why I am unable to turn on Web Protection for a life time. Response like this impresses me on a scale of company intergity and support. I gave you guys a double 0.

joeg134
1/7/17

This used to be good software, but it is outdated, ando they are more concerned about waging war with PCMATIC than they are with protecting their customers. Thus program will now Uninstaller PCMatic. After this happened, I suffered no less than 10 ransomware attacks, and my system became slower and slower. I contacted them. They offered no assistance. It has now been removed and PCMATIC reinstalled. Fast system again, and no ransomware attacks. Avoid this company like the plague.

adrianl38
12/24/16

ITS LIKE HERPES [TRY AND GET RID OF IT ]
ITS LIKE A COMPLAINING GIRLFRIEND YOU JUST CANT GET RID OF IT EASILY ,
this is my opinion
ITS DISABLED / DELETED MY SECURITY WHEN I DOWNLOADED IT ,AND ON DELETION ITS SABOTAGED MY MICROSOFT SECURITY AS WELL
YOU WILL PROBABLY FIND IT EASIER TO GET RID OF HERPES
DO NOT TRY FOR FREE DO NOT BUY

marcellab3
12/16/16

I renewed my subscription on the internet 12/12 via the CleverBridge and am still getting requests to renew same. The charge has already shone up on my credit card but I am unable to get any info from your company re "what's going on" I am an unhappy customer!!

steveh179
8/9/16

On 7-24-16 I bought malwarebytes premium to renew my protection for my computer. It seemed to install fine and said I had 365 days of protection. Just today it was running a update and scan and the program said it was expired and wanted to direct me to a website to buy a upgrade.

I went to the website to see if I could find a contact number to call for tech support. There were no numbers listed for anything. So I did a google search and found a tech support number and called it.

When I called it the connection was very staticy, there was considerable background noise from others talking, and the person I talked to was clearly from India. He had a very thick accent and between the static, background noise, and his accent I had a hard time understanding him at all. But I attempted to follow his instructions.

I explained that I had just bought the software and installed it and that it seemed to be expired. He proceeded to want me to download a snooper program onto my computer so they could look through it and see what the problem was. I tried to do this but because of a slow connection it wasn't fast enough for the technician.

I asked him why I couldn't just tell hime the name of the software, give hime the product key and serial numbers and he could check directly in his computer to see if I had been sold a outdated copy of the software. He explained that was what he would do once the snooper program had installed.

I had been on the phone with him for over a hour trying to resolve this. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he told me I couldn't speak to him. I then asked him why I couldn't speak to his supervisor and he hung up on me.

.....But the poor service didn't end there.

I was so pissed I then googled the phone number for the corporate office. I called that number and talked to a person and explained my situation. She didn't seem to want to listen and repeatedly tried to cut me off while I was talking. When I finished my story she assured me that they HAVE NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT IN INDIA and that they were a California based company and all their support was in the good ole USA. She then transferred me to Customer Support. I did not get customer support but just an automated voice mail system. I hung up.

I then called back the corporate number, talked to the same person and asked to talk to a REAL LIVE PERSON, because I wanted to know how to get my money back for the product I bought. I was then directed to the same automated customer support voice mail I was at before. I hung up.

THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD!!!
DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCT!!!!
THEY HAVE POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
THEY OUTSOURCE CUSTOMER SERVICE TO INDIA!!!!
THEY NEED TO BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS!!!

ginar37
7/20/16

What a scam! I purchased MB Premium: legit key. WILL NOT INSTALL on my PC. NO HELP WHATSOEVER TO FIX. Great; I'm out $25.00 What a racket!! No wonder no one can trust corporations. Crooks!

ronp45
4/9/16

I have use this program for many years and does a great job. I have installed it on other peoples PC to get rid of virus, ... This program work, when others did not. I had the premium version,but let it run out. Thinking of buying it again. I have the free version and it does a good job.

robertj128
3/22/16

If this company can rewrite the software for an update, why can't they write the program to remove the old software at the same time? You can't download the new unless you remove the old. When you remove the old how do you get to the site to upload the new/? It sucks!

andreah66
3/11/16

Malwarebytes saved the day today! Yesterday I had to make a service call to my daughter's store computer to remove Windows 10 (and put it back to Windows 8) which was suddenly installed, because settings were to automatic download and install and than I also run a full scan of Microsoft Defender, it found one Pup and removed it but today when restarting it, a blue screen scared them at the store, so I had to make another visit. The scary display showed to call Microsoft and not try to restart the system because there was the option that it wouldn't load but it also mentioned that this problem is caused by a virus! I managed to download a new version of Malwarebytes which found a lot of more Pups (a quick scan with Defender before didn't show any) and after cleaning them all and I dared to restart it, it loaded without problems!

I always loved to use Malwarebytes and did it today even more! It saved many other computers for me in the past from deleting all data from a hard drive which some professionals recommended!

Helpful answer

As I wrote in my review, the freeware version deleted an important file from my PaintShop Pro program. My worry about downloading and using Malwarebytes is that it might inadvertently remove a file critical to my operating system.

By William S. on 10/14/15
Helpful answer

RE: my previous question. i checked again and my Malwarebytes Premium 3.0 states on the icon "Its disabled.".....

By Suzanne S. on 1/27/17
Helpful answer

Download=Malwarebytes anti-rootkit remover and run it once it clears the infection install=Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit -powerlinks infection is a powerful trojan not easy to remove.

By duncan l. on 4/24/15
Helpful answer

I had all the similar problems as you 2 years ago, the company was going through a complete change over, don't drop this company as they are the tops in the country for what they do, I can send you the company Techs e-mails to me that walked me through the very same problems and she fixed it, yea, I know, been to the "India" thing too, you don't need to go there trust me on that one, stay clear of that. if you want that fix, here's my e-mail address and give me yours plus your exact problem and I'll send you the very same e-mails I got that got me all squared away, I've had no problems for 2 years now. my e-mail is tonydeleano@cox.net I'll see if I can help you.

By tony d. on 4/18/12

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Malwarebytes.org staff and other customers.

Malwarebytes.org?