US Government’s NSF

Seattle, WA, USA
Tel: +1.4088524336

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

On 7-24-16 I bought malwarebytes premium to renew my protection for my computer. It seemed to install fine and said I had 365 days of protection. Just today it was running a update and scan and the program said it was expired and wanted to direct me to a website to buy a upgrade.

I went to the website to see if I could find a contact number to call for tech support. There were no numbers listed for anything. So I did a google search and found a tech support number and called it.

When I called it the connection was very staticy, there was considerable background noise from others talking, and the person I talked to was clearly from India. He had a very thick accent and between the static, background noise, and his accent I had a hard time understanding him at all. But I attempted to follow his instructions.

I explained that I had just bought the software and installed it and that it seemed to be expired. He proceeded to want me to download a snooper program onto my computer so they could look through it and see what the problem was. I tried to do this but because of a slow connection it wasn't fast enough for the technician.

I asked him why I couldn't just tell hime the name of the software, give hime the product key and serial numbers and he could check directly in his computer to see if I had been sold a outdated copy of the software. He explained that was what he would do once the snooper program had installed.

I had been on the phone with him for over a hour trying to resolve this. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he told me I couldn't speak to him. I then asked him why I couldn't speak to his supervisor and he hung up on me.

.....But the poor service didn't end there.

I was so pissed I then googled the phone number for the corporate office. I called that number and talked to a person and explained my situation. She didn't seem to want to listen and repeatedly tried to cut me off while I was talking. When I finished my story she assured me that they HAVE NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT IN INDIA and that they were a California based company and all their support was in the good ole USA. She then transferred me to Customer Support. I did not get customer support but just an automated voice mail system. I hung up.

I then called back the corporate number, talked to the same person and asked to talk to a REAL LIVE PERSON, because I wanted to know how to get my money back for the product I bought. I was then directed to the same automated customer support voice mail I was at before. I hung up.

Ask Steve about

What a scam! I purchased MB Premium: legit key. WILL NOT INSTALL on my PC. NO HELP WHATSOEVER TO FIX. Great; I'm out $25.00 What a racket!! No wonder no one can trust corporations. Crooks!

Ask gina about

I have use this program for many years and does a great job. I have installed it on other peoples PC to get rid of virus, ... This program work, when others did not. I had the premium version,but let it run out. Thinking of buying it again. I have the free version and it does a good job.

Ask ron about

If this company can rewrite the software for an update, why can't they write the program to remove the old software at the same time? You can't download the new unless you remove the old. When you remove the old how do you get to the site to upload the new/? It sucks!

Ask Robert about

Malwarebytes saved the day today! Yesterday I had to make a service call to my daughter's store computer to remove Windows 10 (and put it back to Windows 8) which was suddenly installed, because settings were to automatic download and install and than I also run a full scan of Microsoft Defender, it found one Pup and removed it but today when restarting it, a blue screen scared them at the store, so I had to make another visit. The scary display showed to call Microsoft and not try to restart the system because there was the option that it wouldn't load but it also mentioned that this problem is caused by a virus! I managed to download a new version of Malwarebytes which found a lot of more Pups (a quick scan with Defender before didn't show any) and after cleaning them all and I dared to restart it, it loaded without problems!

I always loved to use Malwarebytes and did it today even more! It saved many other computers for me in the past from deleting all data from a hard drive which some professionals recommended!

Ask Andrea about

I have used the free version dozens of times to fix coworkers and friends computers. In fact periodically, I download the free version for my own computers on occasion to check my pcs.
Wonderful product.

Ask GT about

I downloaded the free version and immediately ran it. It identified several POPs and removed them. So far no problem. Today I got a message saying that my free version expired tomorrow, and I would need to purchase the upgrade. I was undecided but thought I'd run the scan again in case I didn't purchase the upgrade. Before I could even run the scan, the program gave me a message that I had a malware file in the PaintShop Pro program that I have been using for years. Malwarebytes did not even give me the choice of whether to remove the identified file; the file was simply deleted, and I had to reinstall PaintShop Pro to get it to run again. For a freeware program to cause a problem like this is no way to sell an upgrade!

Ask William about

scam..... I had on my pc and laptop for about a week and program stopped working, I called support on the phone he wanted to look into pc so I let him, when done he said I had issues and he could fix it right now, for a redicules amount of money, I refused he kept trying to talk me into it I literally had to boot him off my pc and he kept trying to invite back in, now today I get a charge from PayPal where they charged me another yr. it will be the last time because I called PayPal and they will be refused next yr. can not find anywhere to contact them and try to get my money back..... can you say SCAMMERS??????

Ask Sandra about

I was promised a refund. Never got it.....stopped working 6 months into the year I paid.
Good luck all you 5 stars people! (I gave 5 stars so I wouldn't be at the bottom to warn you )!

Ask Rhonda about

I bought and paid for Malwarebytes and ran it. It cleaned the computer apparently including its own executable, which couldn't be found in any folder, directory, or registry search after running. So I'm a sucker. The company wanted to fix the problem but I had spent over half a day fussing it and I was very done with it. Moving on ...

Ask a about

I received another call from the same phone # that sold me the virus program! I recognized it on my "ID" and have it blocked. But I have found there maybe scammers using their wedsites claiming to be Malwarebytes! "DO NOT" respond to "ANY" phone calls saying your computer is bad! I have filed an FCC complain about this scam!

Ask Don about

I purchased the Malwarebytes Lifetime edition couple of years ago, Malwarbytes deactivated the license and when I started asking questions and emailing them they are denying the existence of the key and the purchase at once. Now that I cant even locate the receipt for the purchase they even deactivated the already "activated" malware bytes on my computer.
Scammers ! ! !

Ask Davit about

I experienced problems and eventually they got more serious. Malwarebytes tech requested access to my PC and said I needed help from a specialist and transferred me to a person with a strong mid eastern accent who claimed he was in Canada. He screened my PC and told me I had a baaad virus and he could fix it for $100. I bid adieu and noticed I now had a missing MSVPC100.dll; it could only have happened when he downloaded his virus checker "clean my pc." This is just about impossible to fix. These folks are unscrupulous, do not load even the free trial in your pc. I tried to rate it a quarter star and the system would not let me, thus a star.

Ask jim about

Downloaded the free personal version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Whenever I tried to log-in to my email or other accounts, it would pop up with the offer to remember my passwords. I thought I had made the settings so it wouldn't do that, I just wanted something that would detect malware. Then, it went ahead and would auto-enter my user-names anyway. This is not only highly annoying, it's damn invasive. Also, couldn't see how this program was catching any malware. So I deleted the free account, deleted the program from my system. That should be the end of it, right? Didn't go down that way. Now, I still get the Blur icon showing up on my sign-ins, with prompts asking if I want Blur to save this sign-in. So the program is not completely removed from my system, even though I had made a thorough search for an "uninstall" command, and did everything necessary to get it off my system. Now I have to manually remove the leftover bits of this thing. This program is junk, it's garbage. I like dealing with products and companies that a)Do what they say they're going to do b) Respect my privacy and c)They go away when I want them to. I company like that is far more likely to gain my business. Are your listening, Blur?

Tip for consumers: I would give this negative stars if the system allowed it. This program is pure garbage, highly annoying, useless.

Ask joe about

Yes, I made a mistake. Because of a foul up I paid for my lifetime service twice. I have been promised, over and over, a refund of most of the amount. For some reason they are withholding $50. I am promised a call back in 5 minutes then hear nothing at all. I have been promised a refund "with in 5 to 7 workdays at least 5 times. Still nothing. Beware of Malwarebytes - they are dishonest. WKW

Ask William about

Malwarebytes found things that Avast and Avag could not remove. My computer is working like it should now.

Ask T about

Ask mIHAILO about

Corrupt signature, constant lies, insulting emails and falsely claimed that RegCure Pro is "MALWARE". All of this is documented in multiple emails from Malwarebytes Mr. William Rowland. He even insulted my mother who has nothing to do with this disgusting personal attack. I will supply copies of these emails to RegCure Pro to anyone who wants to see them in or out of court.

Ask William about

If you can get it installed and updated it works. If there are any issues at installation their support is the worst in the industry, even if you purchase the paid version!!

Ask Mike about

this is a legitimate site, i had tried it and have not uninstalled it since the day i got it

Tip for consumers: good ware

Ask Professor about

I downloaded the latest free version 2 with no trouble .It required a re-boot and did a scan when re-booted. I have been using this program along with my paid for program for years and it is very reliable .I use the add-on Chameleon for this to work safely without being hacked it must be put into the same folder as Malwarebytes .I dont have any trouble with it or other protection programs as apart from my paid one none are run in real time but only on demand. Its the one hackers fear as a high tech.hacker tried to disable it but couldnt so caused my PC to switch off. I wouldnt be without it.

Ask duncan about

I've looked at the other reviews on this page,and it would seem none f those people have gotten the latest download from "Melwarebytes" and I'm referring to this year 2014 not 2013. I've tried to load it 6 times so far on my brand new HP Envy computer and all I get is a drop down window that says the program is not responding,and windows will try and resolve the issue, which of course it never does. In my opinion, save your money and your time don't be fooled in to buying this piece of crap,cause the latest version may well not ever work on your computer. I complained to the company about why did they issue an up dte to my existing program without checking it out first, all they did was send me all kinds of links to go to to try and resolve the issue of it not working,I can see they don't even know!! Had a tech from their company,took control of the computer from India, in an attempt to fix it, wason my computer 2.5 hours, never was able to make the program run/work, and this is where this company comes from no less, give me a break ! He only ended up installing the older version I had on there a year prior and that too finally too bite the dust, weel you have been fore warned.!

Ask tony about

Excellent free Anti-Virus Software! and are about the best free anti-virus softwares you can get would highly recomend both!

Ask Josh about

it is the best anti-malware i had ever used. it is useful for checking a downloaded file before opening, and it works well; i recommend it to anyone that is needing an anti-malware program.

Ask ultimasoulnix about

Awesome site with great software...

Ask Techy about

14 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question