MakeYourOwnJeans reviews

Clothing, Jeans
606, V.K Ind Est, Pais Street, Near Simplex Mills, Byculla (W)
Mumbai, 400011, India
support@makeyourownjeans.com

lindap218
8/14/17

I asked specifically to expedite the suit I ordered so that I could get it in time for
my Wedding! Not only did I get it in time, but it fits perfectly. I may have to get
some alterations done in the waist coat, but everything else fits like a glove! And
not only that, but I got it quite early and I still have about 3 weeks left to get
married. They truly came through for me and for that, I'm letting everyone know
how great they are!

There is nothing better than wearing custom clothing tailored to your specific
specifications! Especially if you don't have to break the bank to get it!

simonh87
8/1/17

I am a person with short height and it is obviously very difficult to buy a standard size
sports coat. I thought I'd try MYOJ since the cost was reasonable and the measuring instructions were very specific and easy to understand. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much. I was delighted when the sport coat arrived; it fits like a glove, the handiwork was superb and the material was soft and easy

I have ordered a jacket now and waiting for it to arrive. I now know where I will be shopping for dress clothes!

jonnyr8
7/31/17

The process is painful and you will have to at least 3 times before you get a fit that suits you. You also won't get a refund for anything, as you specified the measurements.
Rather go down to your local tailor pay triple the price - at least you will get something that fits and you can return it if it doesn't.

robp50
7/29/17

Their measurements are weird, but we complied. Suit did not arrive per our measurements. Since they "confirmed" our measurements (we just insisted we wanted our measurements), they said it was through no fault of their own.

I wanted 24 inch sleeves. They confirmed I wanted 24 inch sleeves. They sent me 21 inch sleeves. But that's not their fault. When I contacted support, they sent me a 25% off voucher for a future order as a way to defray the extensive tailoring I'd need. Like I'd ever buy from them again.

My order invoice suggested I review them online. Here I go. They blow. Don't order from them.

sheenat5
7/25/17

I have been trying to find a wool suit that looks excellent and fits properly. I have long arms so off-the-rack jackets do fit the way they should.

There were many bad on-line reviews of MakeYourOwnJeans but there were good ones too.

I took a chance, measured carefully following their instructions, used a soft measuring tape, and ordered a suit. Within 2 weeks my suit arrived and I couldn't be more happierthan this. It fits perfectly.

The fabric feels robust and supple. I was worried about certain things like the overall design or the workmanship howevevr they are all better than I could have hoped for at such a reasonable price.

I will be ordering suits from this company hence forth. And I will recommend MakeYourOwnJeans to everyone I know.

It is very exciting to have this service available.

coreyg24
7/8/17

I ordered for the Third time. My initial two orders were good, but I kept modifying the measurements even after and this last pair was precise! (Measure as per the instructions. Snug means snug. Do not add any margin.)

I Ordered Kato Black jeans, I really like this denim! Its Classic, Soft, but yet heavy. All in all I can really recommend MYOJ in general and Kato black in particular!!Excellent quality and lots of ways to personalize it.

(I am not affiliated with Make Your Own Jeans or being benefited from Writing this Review. I just think this is a good business idea which has been perfectly implemented.)

mikeg249
6/27/17

If you want a custom fit, this company is Just For You. They have no issues editing or modifying your order. The jeans fits perfectly - Worth every penny. I am very happy with my order and have suggested this website to my friends and collegues who are ready to give it a shot.The quality of denim is Great!!! Its better to get a custom made jeans from them instead of buying it from departmental store.The most interesting part is that they will ask you to remeasure if they find certain measurements inappropriate.
I tried them on immediately after it was delivered and wore them out that evening. They held up wonderfully. Don't be hesitant to measure yourself and buy a pair.

marijar1
6/19/17

Measured myself exactly as asked and end item did not even get up my legs. They added only 1 inch to my body measurements for a non stretch fabric design...epic tailoring fail. Suggested I tweak my measurements for my next order because it is the 'process' apparently to drop $180AUD on a pair of pants just to 'see how close they get'.Huh! I think not...I've already lost enough money, don't feel like having you take more to stuff it up again for me. Only positive was the leather looked nice...that's it. I recommend the designers add more measurement requirements to their list ie mid thigh and calf...because non Asian body shapes have muscle mass on the legs...we are not straight tubes!

adrianr27
5/17/17

I have been using makeyourownjeans for 4-5 years now, ordered 5 pairs of jeans and they've always been very fast with postage (to Australia!) and the measurements have been correct every time.

There's been two occasions where I've had to alter the measurements after submitting the order, customer service has been great both times and always responded fast to emails.

Not sure why there's so many negative reviews.

roberts395
2/3/17

Excellent product! They are a PERFECT FIT and of the HIGHEST QUALITY! They are just what I ordered, what I wanted and expected! I would highly recommend these jeans. Excellent quality and lots of ways to personalize them. Best jeans ever period ordering more this weekend.

nickm117
1/28/17

And then there is really nothing you can do it about except "go to your local seamstress" as they suggested. I took meticulous care with the measurements, but neither of my garments fit.
You are much better off ordering from some place with a return policy. I never would have ordered from this site if I had realized that.
Delivery was prompt.

joel907
1/27/17

fabric sucks and wears out. delivery sucks. promise after promise three months now and only 1 item shipped and it wore out after five wearings.

peted22
1/19/17

Put off buying for years due to reviews but I'm 6'8" and 37 inside leg do tried

First pair tight but actually the exact size I ordered. I added 2 inches to waist and inch elseswhere and was fine. I'd advise doing guaranteed fit or add size on

Great stuff and will be where I get clothes going forward!

frankm160
11/10/16

This company took $130 from me to sew a pair of trousers. They are located in India. If you order from them the purchase is not covered by Paypal protection because "custom orders" fall outside of their protection so whatever you do, don't buy from them. My pants arrived without belt loops. They claimed that was how I ordered them, which is absolutely incorrect. They then offered to fix it if I pay $20 for return shipment. The assured me in writing that the additional $20 would cover shipping back both ways. Once they had my additional money they demanded that I ship it to a US address at my cost, essentially changing the terms of the deal after I paid. Now I am out $150 for pants I can't use. I no longer trust to return the item, because once they have the pants they will hold me up for more money.

scottl93
9/30/16

If you saw many of the other reviews they will give you the run around about returning the wrong sized item. Tell you that you are measuring wrong when you're not, etc. My jeans arrived and they are so small that I literally cannot even pull them all the way up. They told me the jeans were made to my measurements and even added a half inch on the thighs. But I showed them with a measuring tape in the exact spot they show you to measure that the thighs are in fact two inches smaller that I sent it. In addition, the hips/seat are 4 or 5 inches smaller. Again, they told me I measured wrong. I sent them all the pictures of the measurements and they are saying I did them wrong which I did not. I used a pair of jeans that fit me really well as the control and the measurements of the jeans they sent me are far smaller. They will not return or refund them. I had my 14 year old son try them on. I think they will fit him in about 4 or 5 months. We are the same height at 5'9" he is 140 lbs. and I am 215 lbs. Obviously no where near my size.

Do not buy from this company. They are in India and just want your money.

waltm4
8/11/16

My experience has been as bad as any I have ever had with a retail merchant. Customer service responses are prompt, but are patronizing and are really designed to make a dissatisfied customer give up in frustration. My situation: the jeans did not conform to the my order--1" short in the front riser. I sent pictures showing the shortage, and got back a response that refused to accept my picture of the short measurement because I had used a metal tape measure. So I bought a cloth tape measure, took a fresh picture still showing the shortage and this time got back an email saying that if I stretched the jeans tighter, the discrepancy would be less than an inch. To recognize my problem, the company offered a 10% discount on a new pair of jeans. Ironically, the cloth tape measure cost half as much as the offered discount. No way I would ever do business with this company.

adrianag18
7/4/16

I ordered a super stretch classic blue jean a pants on February 2016. I received it on March 2016, Today July 1 2016, the tissue of my pants is torn in 2 different zones near the seam. According to the company the pant have ONLY 3 months warranty and they refuse to reimburse or make another pants.
My pants could not be worn anymore. In my comprehension a pants must have a longer life than 4months!
Do no buy your jeans on MakeYourOwnJean!

michaelh252
5/27/16

Jeans were not even close to size. I ordered a 40" waist and they sent me 34"....
After sending them videos of measurements with fabric tape....they said I was measuring wrong (measured exactly how they measured in their video they sent me) and that I didn't know what I was doing. I even sent them a pic of a pair of Levis with 40x36 on the waist band. They just said other brands measure different....????
Wasted $100....would never by anything from them again...

Michael

richardc173
5/20/16

They just decided my measurements were wrong. No apologies, no attempt to fix. This site is a waste of your time and money. Avoid.

ka13378
4/1/16

Best pricing, great product, quality material!!!! Use the guarantee fit for your first order, then after that order away. If you are tall I guarantee you cannot find a fit like these pants will give you off of any rack even the $300 designer jean brands, (believe me I have tried). Since getting my measurement via the guarantee fit route offer right I have ordered 10 pairs of jeans over a long period of time and all have been perfect (stretch and non-stretch denim). If you following the directions perfectly that they give you will not have any issues, in my opinion the folks who have issues probably did not follow the directions exactly. My experience with their customer service has also been excellent.

britneyj
2/21/16

Yet another highly-customized order totally "off-the-grid", so to speak.

But MYOJs came through yet again, speedily and with great workmanship like always.

Sadly, my whole wardrobe has now been fully replaced, compliments of MYOJs...so I don't really know what to order next (unless I suddenly either blimp out or shrivel away).

At any rate, I've always appreciated the detailed measurements MOYJs requires - I've never been happy with the fit of store-bought clothes, and other more expensive off-line tailors don't ask for this level of detail.

Now I finally have a decent, good-looking, tailored wardrobe that hardly cost me a fortune, and for which I continue to get numerous compliments.

Tip for consumers: Try One First........

danielm221
2/14/16

The size was not remotely close to what i'd ordered. They don't do refunds or changes so goodluck with their customer service department.

rodd26
2/7/16

I wish I had done my research - great idea but execution and product quality is appalling. Jeans were not even close to the measurements I put in to their website. Its incredulous that they even try and and suggest that their cutter had checked the product, I mean a blind monkey but make a better fit.

I suspect they are buying jeans from some outfit which themselves have discarded as being wrong and then this firm is just selling them OTS as close a fit as possible to the order that comes in.

Customer service - Harry/Paul who whoever you want to call yourselves are idiots - oops sorry, I'm the idiot for falling for this scam. I guess my moral judgement got the better of me this time.

Next - report to the credit card company and try and get my money back for which is obviously a scam. I even returned my jeans with a tracking number and yep - they claimed they never received them.

tw251
2/5/16

Like so many reviewers, my order was wrong and the story about measurements for stretch fabric is just unbelievable. At least 2 sizes too small?? seriously. The bottom half of both pants was fine but the top section was way too small. A waste of time and money.

alanb82
1/25/16

I have been buying clothing from this company for many years now.

I have had every thing from jeans, shirts, suits, and leather jackets.

They always fit perfectly and are delivered promptly.

The quality is commensurate with the price, and they will always accommodate any extras you may require.

I shall continue buying from them for the foreseeable future.

Helpful answer

Hi, I see you asked this question but it isn't really a question so this isn't really an answer but just a quick note that I've been buying from Oliveo now exclusively for jeans and shorts and I couldn't be happier. I've never returned an item (don't know if they do this but you should check to see their policy) but I've modified my pant settings to get just the fit I want and now I have about a half dozen jeans from them. The looser fits work very well and if I try for something more "skinny" I always go with one of their stretch fabrics. Just an FYI, I think the service is great.

By Dave A. on 7/24/15
Questions? Get answers from the MakeYourOwnJeans staff and other customers.

3 Photos for MakeYourOwnJeans