US Government’s NSF
SiteJabber for Business

MakeYourOwnJeans reviews

38%
Categories: Clothing, Jeans
606, V.K Ind Est, Pais Street, Near Simplex Mills, Byculla (W)
Mumbai, 400011, India
support@makeyourownjeans.com

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

waltm4
8/11/16

My experience has been as bad as any I have ever had with a retail merchant. Customer service responses are prompt, but are patronizing and are really designed to make a dissatisfied customer give up in frustration. My situation: the jeans did not conform to the my order--1" short in the front riser. I sent pictures showing the shortage, and got back a response that refused to accept my picture of the short measurement because I had used a metal tape measure. So I bought a cloth tape measure, took a fresh picture still showing the shortage and this time got back an email saying that if I stretched the jeans tighter, the discrepancy would be less than an inch. To recognize my problem, the company offered a 10% discount on a new pair of jeans. Ironically, the cloth tape measure cost half as much as the offered discount. No way I would ever do business with this company.

adrianag18
7/4/16

I ordered a super stretch classic blue jean a pants on February 2016. I received it on March 2016, Today July 1 2016, the tissue of my pants is torn in 2 different zones near the seam. According to the company the pant have ONLY 3 months warranty and they refuse to reimburse or make another pants.
My pants could not be worn anymore. In my comprehension a pants must have a longer life than 4months!
Do no buy your jeans on MakeYourOwnJean!

michaelh252
5/27/16

Jeans were not even close to size. I ordered a 40" waist and they sent me 34"....
After sending them videos of measurements with fabric tape....they said I was measuring wrong (measured exactly how they measured in their video they sent me) and that I didn't know what I was doing. I even sent them a pic of a pair of Levis with 40x36 on the waist band. They just said other brands measure different....????
Wasted $100....would never by anything from them again...

Michael

richardc173
5/20/16

They just decided my measurements were wrong. No apologies, no attempt to fix. This site is a waste of your time and money. Avoid.

ka13378
4/1/16

Best pricing, great product, quality material!!!! Use the guarantee fit for your first order, then after that order away. If you are tall I guarantee you cannot find a fit like these pants will give you off of any rack even the $300 designer jean brands, (believe me I have tried). Since getting my measurement via the guarantee fit route offer right I have ordered 10 pairs of jeans over a long period of time and all have been perfect (stretch and non-stretch denim). If you following the directions perfectly that they give you will not have any issues, in my opinion the folks who have issues probably did not follow the directions exactly. My experience with their customer service has also been excellent.

britneyj
2/21/16

Yet another highly-customized order totally "off-the-grid", so to speak.

But MYOJs came through yet again, speedily and with great workmanship like always.

Sadly, my whole wardrobe has now been fully replaced, compliments of MYOJs...so I don't really know what to order next (unless I suddenly either blimp out or shrivel away).

At any rate, I've always appreciated the detailed measurements MOYJs requires - I've never been happy with the fit of store-bought clothes, and other more expensive off-line tailors don't ask for this level of detail.

Now I finally have a decent, good-looking, tailored wardrobe that hardly cost me a fortune, and for which I continue to get numerous compliments.

Tip for consumers: Try One First........

danielm221
2/14/16

The size was not remotely close to what i'd ordered. They don't do refunds or changes so goodluck with their customer service department.

rodd26
2/7/16

I wish I had done my research - great idea but execution and product quality is appalling. Jeans were not even close to the measurements I put in to their website. Its incredulous that they even try and and suggest that their cutter had checked the product, I mean a blind monkey but make a better fit.

I suspect they are buying jeans from some outfit which themselves have discarded as being wrong and then this firm is just selling them OTS as close a fit as possible to the order that comes in.

Customer service - Harry/Paul who whoever you want to call yourselves are idiots - oops sorry, I'm the idiot for falling for this scam. I guess my moral judgement got the better of me this time.

Next - report to the credit card company and try and get my money back for which is obviously a scam. I even returned my jeans with a tracking number and yep - they claimed they never received them.

tw251
2/5/16

Like so many reviewers, my order was wrong and the story about measurements for stretch fabric is just unbelievable. At least 2 sizes too small?? seriously. The bottom half of both pants was fine but the top section was way too small. A waste of time and money.

alanb82
1/25/16

I have been buying clothing from this company for many years now.

I have had every thing from jeans, shirts, suits, and leather jackets.

They always fit perfectly and are delivered promptly.

The quality is commensurate with the price, and they will always accommodate any extras you may require.

I shall continue buying from them for the foreseeable future.

vickys37
1/21/16

I am 5' 11" and have a 37 inch inseam.

It has always been super hard for me to find jeans. I've only found one place that has the right inseam length but they are EXTREMELY expensive.

I was searching online a few months ago and came across this company. I was really excited to try a pair.

The directions for the measurements are very specific and easy to follow.

I got my jeans less than a month ago. They are PERFECT!

The length is just how I like it,they fit amazinlgy everywhere, and they keep their shape.

They are soo comfortable. I've never had pair of jeans that felt like these. I am so excited to get more jeans and other styles of pants

rd60
1/19/16

I have mixed feelings about this site. I ordered 3 pairs of jeans over 3 months. The price is the best you will find for custom made jeans. All in, each pair was around $70 delivered. The jean material was ok, a little on the thin side when compared with Levis, but they tell you the weight so that should not be a huge surprise. My biggest issues:
1. The color of material and wash texture is very difficult to judge based on the pictures. I was frustrated with 2 of my 3 jeans not looking like what I expected. On one the color was significantly off in tint and another the fade wash was very patchy.
2. The dimensions for 2 of the three orders I placed were off. The first pair I got were 1.5 inches too long. I sent them a picture and they credited me 20% off my next order or $14. I felt that was fair. The third pair of jeans I ordered came with a waist size that was 3" smaller than the other two pairs. I attached a picture to this review. The smaller pair is on top. When I complained to customer service they said that since these were "stretch" jeans they sew them several inches smaller than what you order in the waist and seat (but not the other areas). Which was strange because my previous two orders were stretch also and were sewn as requested. I felt the jeans were significantly uncomfortable and customer service offered me 20% off my next order. I wasn't happy. The point of ordering custom jeans is to get them as ordered, not sewn to some arbitrarily smaller dimension than you order.
3. The 3rd pair of jeans I got had not been thoroughly washed and bled tons of die. Had I not noticed and washed them with my clothes I would have ruined an entire load. I attached a picture of this as well. You can see the die in the sink, and this is after 8 rinses in warm water and soap. Again, customer service didn't offer much here.

Tip for consumers: 1. Expect 3-5 weeks for an order. They are hand sewn and shipped from India. It's fine as long as you are not in a hurry and know what to expect.
2. If you order stretch jeans you need to be very specific about the dimensions you want and whether you want them altered by them or not.
3. Be very careful about ordering jeans with few pictures or small pictures of one section especially when ordering scrape wash.
4. Plan on washing your jeans by themselves on the first load.

bs39
1/18/16

Where do I begin... After searching the internet for quality Jeans I came across this "MTOJ" website. I was very excited to measure and order my jeans the same day. It took several weeks to receive my Jeans and when I emailed them 3 or 4 times I finally received an answer from someone named Maneet. When my Jeans finally arrived I was very dissapointed. The quality of the material was JUNK. The measurements I provided were OFF and frankly I was embarrass to admit that I fell for this SCAM! My Jeans went directly in the garbage because they were too UGLY to be given to Goodwill. I could have given my money to someone more worthy. Also, I'm wondering about the people who gave 5 stars. SERIOUSLY!!!

tonys105
1/18/16

Really great find, custom made everything is business model of the future, compare many times over the price in sheik / chick NYC shops...

I love the creativity, the flexibility.

I will admit it. I have read many mixed reviews about this site but they delivered my jeans and jacket on time and exactly as I have asked

The fit guarantee is a must for first time users, after one gets the sense of the products, its away you go, a new wardrobe at a very affordable price. Jeans, shorts, suits, all perfectly fitting...the hard work and attention to detail is obvious.

Please maintain this level of work!!!!

This is truly GQ stuff.

vincet13
1/18/16

I ordered a jacket, it came promptly, but the sleeves were too tight for me to bend my arms, an obvious flaw in the manufacturing. They refused a return, I would have to buy a new jacket!
They state on their web site that returns and alterations are possible, but they are not telling the truth. A flat refusal is what you will get. They are clearly breaking the distance selling regulations act. I question both their morality and legality.
If you want a better product and service, try their competitor, custom jeans india, they are a more honest business. I have good experience with them. Even when they got the measurements wrong one time, they re made a new pair free of charge. I didn't need to return to original pair, no expense for me. The quality of their work is outstanding.
Why did I try makeyourownjeans? I won't make that mistake again.
----------
update, after receiving a flat refusal to rectify things from a customer service person, Paul, I made my objections to his dismissal clear.
This second email from me was read by a different person, Anna, who has offered to make the alterations on the jacket.
Seems that the company's handling of customers is dependant on who looks at the incoming mail. Some of their employees are hard line and inflexible, but others are more understanding and sensible.
I await the outcome.
----------
I would point out that I had also ordered a pair of jeans, despite me providing thorough measurements, as per their order form, I don't think they managed to match a single measurement accurately.
Waist, length, leg width, all wrong.
The colour was very different from the catalogue as well. I don't have the stamina to dispute these jeans as well as the jacket, so the jeans will be going to a charity shop.
On another note, Paypal state that they offer a buyer protection scheme, they don't. Their terms rule out any resolution in the buyers favour. Be aware of this.

toma420
12/6/15

I've been a regular customer with www.makeyourownjeans.com since a few years.

I also write reviews on their website after every purchase regarding the same.

The fit, quality, choices, response has been GREAT and I do not see myself going to off the rack clothing again.

It's surprising to see negative comments here.

My advice would be buy a Fit Guarantee product if you are purchasing for the first time, they include Free Remakes, this way you will never go wrong and will keep going back to this website like me for all your clothing needs.

I'll mention a few links here in the interest of other customers:

Fit Guarantee Jeans:

Fit Guarantee Suits:

Fit Guarantee Jackets:

Would love to see review of people buying the Fit Guarantee Products first.

Probably they do not give remakes for all products due to their reasonable pricing , makes it a great deal for us who are satisfied with their fit.

Tip for consumers: For first time customers , read my review and buy Fit Guarantee Products first, they include Free Remakes

mandyj6
11/29/15

This company is a complete scam, I bought jeans from them and it took over three weeks to get, I paid 90.00 for them and none of the measurements are what I ordered. I have gone to a tailor to be measured and also had the tailor measure what I received. SCAM SCAM SCAM! They refuse to admit they messed up the measurements up, will not give a refund. I feel like a complete idiot for trusting people overseas who are clearly just out to scam people. The quality of the denim is cheap, color not as described, and stitching is horrible as if a little kid sewed them.

sola116
11/16/15

I ordered many times in years, and every time the jeans or leather pants were perfect, and durable. And I have a lot of friends that ordered and not one experienced problems, always perfect fit and reasonable price.

adamr59
9/24/15

I received two pairs of jeans and the first one was close to fitting, with the second one spot-on. Considering they were both reasonably priced, it wasn't a bad deal.

Made to measure clothing is the best bang for your buck. Choose the right material and your own measurements and customize it to your liking.

It's a waste of money to buy jeans that don't fit and are uncomfortable or not flattering. I'm very tall and my legs are bigger than average, with a smaller waist/hips, so I require some tapering which is difficult to find, especially in the raw jeans category.

I ordered three more pairs because the second one was so comfortable. I actually much preferred the non-raw pair that was made for me.

I would recommend this site to friends and others that would like a better fit than off the rack for roughly the same price.

mt57
9/2/15

Bought a pair of jeans on a lark, they don't fit, now I'm out $85. No sense in paying shipping back to India, since they don't take returns.

On my way to Goodwill to donate them.

joet54
9/2/15

I made some pants from fix measurements I submitted. They are inconsistent. One pants came in well and accurate to the measurements. The other in the same order came in with the back rise 2" too long and thighs 1" too large.

Good luck trying to get them to correct that. I had to pay a local tailor to alter the pants.

The inconsistency is bugging me. Feels like a gamble if u were to order from them.

The customer service is poor as well. They either can't understand my English or choose to answer them obliquely. Instead of addressing the problem, they rephrased it to say that front and rear rises have to be different. I am not hopeful.

jerryz5
7/22/15

Before you make your purchase consider some facts below about this company. I have made 3 purchases in the past year and half:

#1. On their website you can find a statement saying if the piece of clothing shipped to you did not fit, they can offer to make a new one. This is a lie. Their Customer Service is nonexistent and will reject your claim 100% of the time.They will tell you that based on their measurement "report", they are 100% correct and you are 100% wrong and therefore go #@($* yourself. Even if you submit to them photos of wrong size, they will still refuse to agree with you. Basically a bunch of people paid to say "no" to you.

#2 If your order came with perfect fit, lucky you, you had a good tailor, but don't expect it to be consistent if you plan to continue buying from them.

#3 The size of my last pair of jeans ordered a month ago came totally off with the fact that I gave them FIX measurements (FIX=exact measurement of the cloth without including stretch). On Average the rise, waist, thigh measurement were all off by more than 1 inch, the back rise was off by 2 inches.

#4 There will be no refund or exchange.

#5 Also good luck if you dispute the purchase through Paypal because more than likely Paypal will rule in their favor because this company has put in some kind of statement saying by purchasing from website, the customers have agreed to no refund and no exchange. This was my real experience through an actual dispute with them

dustins24
6/3/15

I ordered a three piece corduroy suit for my upcoming wedding from makeyourownjeans.com and I was a bit nervous that it might not fit right. I took as many of the measurements from my actual clothes that I knew fit me, and the suit that I received is almost an identical fit to those clothes. I received the suit in three weeks from the order, and I'm completely happy with it.

neilf13
5/18/15

Each time I have ordered from these people they don't deliver. This time, the waist was 2" less than the measurements I sent.

All of a sudden this becomes MY problem!?

tuijam
5/16/15

I was sceptic with the idea to get custom made leather pants based on my own measurements. I made my order 6th May and pants arrived 15th May. They were exactly what I expected - well made, good leather quality, right measurements. They were not ordinary simple leather pants so they cost quite, but I understand that they were not easy to sew together. Would definitely order again!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the MakeYourOwnJeans staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
7/24/15
Answer
davea37
A: Hi, I see you asked this question but it isn't really a question so this isn't really an answer but just a quick note that I've been buying from Oliveo now exclusively for jeans and shorts and I couldn't be happier. I've never returned an item (don't know if they do this but you should check to see their policy) but I've modified my pant settings to get just the fit I want and now I have about a half dozen jeans from them. The looser fits work very well and if I try for something more "skinny" I always go with one of their stretch fabrics. Just an FYI, I think the service is great.
12/29/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
LoadingLoading...
Questions? Get answers from the MakeYourOwnJeans staff and other customers.

MakeYourOwnJeans?