MakeYourOwnJeans reviews

Clothing, Jeans
606, V.K Ind Est, Pais Street, Near Simplex Mills, Byculla (W)
Mumbai, 400011, India
support@makeyourownjeans.com

marijar1
6/19/17

Measured myself exactly as asked and end item did not even get up my legs. They added only 1 inch to my body measurements for a non stretch fabric design...epic tailoring fail. Suggested I tweak my measurements for my next order because it is the 'process' apparently to drop $180AUD on a pair of pants just to 'see how close they get'.Huh! I think not...I've already lost enough money, don't feel like having you take more to stuff it up again for me. Only positive was the leather looked nice...that's it. I recommend the designers add more measurement requirements to their list ie mid thigh and calf...because non Asian body shapes have muscle mass on the legs...we are not straight tubes!

adrianr27
5/17/17

I have been using makeyourownjeans for 4-5 years now, ordered 5 pairs of jeans and they've always been very fast with postage (to Australia!) and the measurements have been correct every time.

There's been two occasions where I've had to alter the measurements after submitting the order, customer service has been great both times and always responded fast to emails.

Not sure why there's so many negative reviews.

roberts395
2/3/17

Excellent product! They are a PERFECT FIT and of the HIGHEST QUALITY! They are just what I ordered, what I wanted and expected! I would highly recommend these jeans. Excellent quality and lots of ways to personalize them. Best jeans ever period ordering more this weekend.

nickm117
1/28/17

And then there is really nothing you can do it about except "go to your local seamstress" as they suggested. I took meticulous care with the measurements, but neither of my garments fit.
You are much better off ordering from some place with a return policy. I never would have ordered from this site if I had realized that.
Delivery was prompt.

joel907
1/27/17

fabric sucks and wears out. delivery sucks. promise after promise three months now and only 1 item shipped and it wore out after five wearings.

peted22
1/19/17

Put off buying for years due to reviews but I'm 6'8" and 37 inside leg do tried

First pair tight but actually the exact size I ordered. I added 2 inches to waist and inch elseswhere and was fine. I'd advise doing guaranteed fit or add size on

Great stuff and will be where I get clothes going forward!

frankm160
11/10/16

This company took $130 from me to sew a pair of trousers. They are located in India. If you order from them the purchase is not covered by Paypal protection because "custom orders" fall outside of their protection so whatever you do, don't buy from them. My pants arrived without belt loops. They claimed that was how I ordered them, which is absolutely incorrect. They then offered to fix it if I pay $20 for return shipment. The assured me in writing that the additional $20 would cover shipping back both ways. Once they had my additional money they demanded that I ship it to a US address at my cost, essentially changing the terms of the deal after I paid. Now I am out $150 for pants I can't use. I no longer trust to return the item, because once they have the pants they will hold me up for more money.

scottl93
9/30/16

If you saw many of the other reviews they will give you the run around about returning the wrong sized item. Tell you that you are measuring wrong when you're not, etc. My jeans arrived and they are so small that I literally cannot even pull them all the way up. They told me the jeans were made to my measurements and even added a half inch on the thighs. But I showed them with a measuring tape in the exact spot they show you to measure that the thighs are in fact two inches smaller that I sent it. In addition, the hips/seat are 4 or 5 inches smaller. Again, they told me I measured wrong. I sent them all the pictures of the measurements and they are saying I did them wrong which I did not. I used a pair of jeans that fit me really well as the control and the measurements of the jeans they sent me are far smaller. They will not return or refund them. I had my 14 year old son try them on. I think they will fit him in about 4 or 5 months. We are the same height at 5'9" he is 140 lbs. and I am 215 lbs. Obviously no where near my size.

Do not buy from this company. They are in India and just want your money.

waltm4
8/11/16

My experience has been as bad as any I have ever had with a retail merchant. Customer service responses are prompt, but are patronizing and are really designed to make a dissatisfied customer give up in frustration. My situation: the jeans did not conform to the my order--1" short in the front riser. I sent pictures showing the shortage, and got back a response that refused to accept my picture of the short measurement because I had used a metal tape measure. So I bought a cloth tape measure, took a fresh picture still showing the shortage and this time got back an email saying that if I stretched the jeans tighter, the discrepancy would be less than an inch. To recognize my problem, the company offered a 10% discount on a new pair of jeans. Ironically, the cloth tape measure cost half as much as the offered discount. No way I would ever do business with this company.

adrianag18
7/4/16

I ordered a super stretch classic blue jean a pants on February 2016. I received it on March 2016, Today July 1 2016, the tissue of my pants is torn in 2 different zones near the seam. According to the company the pant have ONLY 3 months warranty and they refuse to reimburse or make another pants.
My pants could not be worn anymore. In my comprehension a pants must have a longer life than 4months!
Do no buy your jeans on MakeYourOwnJean!

michaelh252
5/27/16

Jeans were not even close to size. I ordered a 40" waist and they sent me 34"....
After sending them videos of measurements with fabric tape....they said I was measuring wrong (measured exactly how they measured in their video they sent me) and that I didn't know what I was doing. I even sent them a pic of a pair of Levis with 40x36 on the waist band. They just said other brands measure different....????
Wasted $100....would never by anything from them again...

Michael

richardc173
5/20/16

They just decided my measurements were wrong. No apologies, no attempt to fix. This site is a waste of your time and money. Avoid.

ka13378
4/1/16

Best pricing, great product, quality material!!!! Use the guarantee fit for your first order, then after that order away. If you are tall I guarantee you cannot find a fit like these pants will give you off of any rack even the $300 designer jean brands, (believe me I have tried). Since getting my measurement via the guarantee fit route offer right I have ordered 10 pairs of jeans over a long period of time and all have been perfect (stretch and non-stretch denim). If you following the directions perfectly that they give you will not have any issues, in my opinion the folks who have issues probably did not follow the directions exactly. My experience with their customer service has also been excellent.

britneyj
2/21/16

Yet another highly-customized order totally "off-the-grid", so to speak.

But MYOJs came through yet again, speedily and with great workmanship like always.

Sadly, my whole wardrobe has now been fully replaced, compliments of MYOJs...so I don't really know what to order next (unless I suddenly either blimp out or shrivel away).

At any rate, I've always appreciated the detailed measurements MOYJs requires - I've never been happy with the fit of store-bought clothes, and other more expensive off-line tailors don't ask for this level of detail.

Now I finally have a decent, good-looking, tailored wardrobe that hardly cost me a fortune, and for which I continue to get numerous compliments.

Tip for consumers: Try One First........

danielm221
2/14/16

The size was not remotely close to what i'd ordered. They don't do refunds or changes so goodluck with their customer service department.

rodd26
2/7/16

I wish I had done my research - great idea but execution and product quality is appalling. Jeans were not even close to the measurements I put in to their website. Its incredulous that they even try and and suggest that their cutter had checked the product, I mean a blind monkey but make a better fit.

I suspect they are buying jeans from some outfit which themselves have discarded as being wrong and then this firm is just selling them OTS as close a fit as possible to the order that comes in.

Customer service - Harry/Paul who whoever you want to call yourselves are idiots - oops sorry, I'm the idiot for falling for this scam. I guess my moral judgement got the better of me this time.

Next - report to the credit card company and try and get my money back for which is obviously a scam. I even returned my jeans with a tracking number and yep - they claimed they never received them.

tw251
2/5/16

Like so many reviewers, my order was wrong and the story about measurements for stretch fabric is just unbelievable. At least 2 sizes too small?? seriously. The bottom half of both pants was fine but the top section was way too small. A waste of time and money.

alanb82
1/25/16

I have been buying clothing from this company for many years now.

I have had every thing from jeans, shirts, suits, and leather jackets.

They always fit perfectly and are delivered promptly.

The quality is commensurate with the price, and they will always accommodate any extras you may require.

I shall continue buying from them for the foreseeable future.

vickys37
1/21/16

I am 5' 11" and have a 37 inch inseam.

It has always been super hard for me to find jeans. I've only found one place that has the right inseam length but they are EXTREMELY expensive.

I was searching online a few months ago and came across this company. I was really excited to try a pair.

The directions for the measurements are very specific and easy to follow.

I got my jeans less than a month ago. They are PERFECT!

The length is just how I like it,they fit amazinlgy everywhere, and they keep their shape.

They are soo comfortable. I've never had pair of jeans that felt like these. I am so excited to get more jeans and other styles of pants

rd60
1/19/16

I have mixed feelings about this site. I ordered 3 pairs of jeans over 3 months. The price is the best you will find for custom made jeans. All in, each pair was around $70 delivered. The jean material was ok, a little on the thin side when compared with Levis, but they tell you the weight so that should not be a huge surprise. My biggest issues:
1. The color of material and wash texture is very difficult to judge based on the pictures. I was frustrated with 2 of my 3 jeans not looking like what I expected. On one the color was significantly off in tint and another the fade wash was very patchy.
2. The dimensions for 2 of the three orders I placed were off. The first pair I got were 1.5 inches too long. I sent them a picture and they credited me 20% off my next order or $14. I felt that was fair. The third pair of jeans I ordered came with a waist size that was 3" smaller than the other two pairs. I attached a picture to this review. The smaller pair is on top. When I complained to customer service they said that since these were "stretch" jeans they sew them several inches smaller than what you order in the waist and seat (but not the other areas). Which was strange because my previous two orders were stretch also and were sewn as requested. I felt the jeans were significantly uncomfortable and customer service offered me 20% off my next order. I wasn't happy. The point of ordering custom jeans is to get them as ordered, not sewn to some arbitrarily smaller dimension than you order.
3. The 3rd pair of jeans I got had not been thoroughly washed and bled tons of die. Had I not noticed and washed them with my clothes I would have ruined an entire load. I attached a picture of this as well. You can see the die in the sink, and this is after 8 rinses in warm water and soap. Again, customer service didn't offer much here.

Tip for consumers: 1. Expect 3-5 weeks for an order. They are hand sewn and shipped from India. It's fine as long as you are not in a hurry and know what to expect.
2. If you order stretch jeans you need to be very specific about the dimensions you want and whether you want them altered by them or not.
3. Be very careful about ordering jeans with few pictures or small pictures of one section especially when ordering scrape wash.
4. Plan on washing your jeans by themselves on the first load.

bs39
1/18/16

Where do I begin... After searching the internet for quality Jeans I came across this "MTOJ" website. I was very excited to measure and order my jeans the same day. It took several weeks to receive my Jeans and when I emailed them 3 or 4 times I finally received an answer from someone named Maneet. When my Jeans finally arrived I was very dissapointed. The quality of the material was JUNK. The measurements I provided were OFF and frankly I was embarrass to admit that I fell for this SCAM! My Jeans went directly in the garbage because they were too UGLY to be given to Goodwill. I could have given my money to someone more worthy. Also, I'm wondering about the people who gave 5 stars. SERIOUSLY!!!

tonys105
1/18/16

Really great find, custom made everything is business model of the future, compare many times over the price in sheik / chick NYC shops...

I love the creativity, the flexibility.

I will admit it. I have read many mixed reviews about this site but they delivered my jeans and jacket on time and exactly as I have asked

The fit guarantee is a must for first time users, after one gets the sense of the products, its away you go, a new wardrobe at a very affordable price. Jeans, shorts, suits, all perfectly fitting...the hard work and attention to detail is obvious.

Please maintain this level of work!!!!

This is truly GQ stuff.

vincet13
1/18/16

I ordered a jacket, it came promptly, but the sleeves were too tight for me to bend my arms, an obvious flaw in the manufacturing. They refused a return, I would have to buy a new jacket!
They state on their web site that returns and alterations are possible, but they are not telling the truth. A flat refusal is what you will get. They are clearly breaking the distance selling regulations act. I question both their morality and legality.
If you want a better product and service, try their competitor, custom jeans india, they are a more honest business. I have good experience with them. Even when they got the measurements wrong one time, they re made a new pair free of charge. I didn't need to return to original pair, no expense for me. The quality of their work is outstanding.
Why did I try makeyourownjeans? I won't make that mistake again.
----------
update, after receiving a flat refusal to rectify things from a customer service person, Paul, I made my objections to his dismissal clear.
This second email from me was read by a different person, Anna, who has offered to make the alterations on the jacket.
Seems that the company's handling of customers is dependant on who looks at the incoming mail. Some of their employees are hard line and inflexible, but others are more understanding and sensible.
I await the outcome.
----------
I would point out that I had also ordered a pair of jeans, despite me providing thorough measurements, as per their order form, I don't think they managed to match a single measurement accurately.
Waist, length, leg width, all wrong.
The colour was very different from the catalogue as well. I don't have the stamina to dispute these jeans as well as the jacket, so the jeans will be going to a charity shop.
On another note, Paypal state that they offer a buyer protection scheme, they don't. Their terms rule out any resolution in the buyers favour. Be aware of this.

toma420
12/6/15

I've been a regular customer with www.makeyourownjeans.com since a few years.

I also write reviews on their website after every purchase regarding the same.

The fit, quality, choices, response has been GREAT and I do not see myself going to off the rack clothing again.

It's surprising to see negative comments here.

My advice would be buy a Fit Guarantee product if you are purchasing for the first time, they include Free Remakes, this way you will never go wrong and will keep going back to this website like me for all your clothing needs.

I'll mention a few links here in the interest of other customers:

Fit Guarantee Jeans:

Fit Guarantee Suits:

Fit Guarantee Jackets:

Would love to see review of people buying the Fit Guarantee Products first.

Probably they do not give remakes for all products due to their reasonable pricing , makes it a great deal for us who are satisfied with their fit.

Tip for consumers: For first time customers , read my review and buy Fit Guarantee Products first, they include Free Remakes

mandyj6
11/29/15

This company is a complete scam, I bought jeans from them and it took over three weeks to get, I paid 90.00 for them and none of the measurements are what I ordered. I have gone to a tailor to be measured and also had the tailor measure what I received. SCAM SCAM SCAM! They refuse to admit they messed up the measurements up, will not give a refund. I feel like a complete idiot for trusting people overseas who are clearly just out to scam people. The quality of the denim is cheap, color not as described, and stitching is horrible as if a little kid sewed them.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the MakeYourOwnJeans staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 7/24/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the MakeYourOwnJeans staff and other customers.

3 Photos for MakeYourOwnJeans