MakeYourOwnJeans reviews

606, V.K Ind Est, Pais Street, Near Simplex Mills, Byculla (W)
Mumbai, 400011, India
support@makeyourownjeans.com

joes1026
1/9/19

I ordered the 08-5 leather cargo jeans for bike riding. I got them after two weeks as per their timeframe. The leather cargo was custom made per my measurements that I sent in. I ordered them with zippers at the bottom and a quilted liner and I could not be happier with my purchase. I took my ride out this AM and it was chilling outside but they were extremely comfortable and warm. I highly recommend makeyourownjeans.com company for their quality products, super customer service, and prompt shipping to the US. I will surely be doing business with them again.

mathews22
12/29/18

I cannot find jeans that fit me, because unlike ordinary men who are skinny as hell, I have muscle and the thighs to not fit no matter the brand or style.

Thus, for $70, which is cheap compared to most jeans at higher end retailers, I got a light weight medium color denim with a fit like custom made clothes. I can't say enough good stuff about them. I am ordering another pair now!!!

robertm1321
12/21/18

I've bought 3 jackets - the tailors followed my preferences to the letter & I've been delighted with the results. Using this service has meant I can obtain the item I want that just isn't available on the U.K. high street. Good quality fabric, style & fit every time. The only negative is having to use Paypal.

thomass586
11/30/18

I wanted to buy a pair of pants that would sit low. I requested an outseam which is shorter them my favorite pair of jeans. Instead I received a pair of pants with 2.25 longer outseam. The pants were too long from the day I received them. However they measured the inseam correctly. First they said that it has to do with stretching. Then they told me to measure my pants more carefully next time. They have a quality check paper that says the outseam is the correct length, but they are lying. The measurements have a 2% variance and the pants are longer then the length with the variance.
Don't buy your pants here.

carolw327
11/25/18

I would highly recommend using this company for leather jackets as i recently made my first order for a custom leather jacket and I love it! It fits just great, looks even fab, and feels like a quality piece of clothing that I will have for years to come. They even delivered it fast to me as I had informed them to send it to me very soon. I have already suggested this company to many of my friends. I think if we measure it as explained the fit is just the way we want. Will be definitely buying more from makeyourownjeans.

jasonh383
11/21/18

Items not as shown online. Poor quality bad fitting and disgusting customer service. Stay away from these criminals they robbed me of £80.

neutralr
11/8/18

Sent me the wrong jean color, it smelled like a sewer, had animal hair on it. Was polite to the sales rep, got horrible, dismissive attitude. Spent a month trying to get her to see it was incorrect. Finally had to create a photoshop color code to prove to her they screwed it up. FINALLY, she agreed to return and redo. I had to pay to send back. The second pair shows up: smell fine, still off color, yellow marker all inside the jeans and bled everywhere. Impossible "quality control" could miss that unless it was intentional or there really is no quality control. I am beginning the return process to see if I can get my money back before I send these back. Horrible experience with a company.

shellyw43
11/4/18

Prices are good. I have jeans and corduroy pants made. Once I got my measurements right, I just reorder. Always made exactly the way I want. The jean material I order is stretchy and not heavy like traditional jeans, which is what I like. It is so nice to finally have pants that fit me. I have long legs and narrow hips so it is rare to find pants in the store that fit. This is the only way I buy my pants now. **The key is getting your measurements correct, so that part is the customer's responsibility.

davido274
10/24/18

The jeans material here is like some kind of fake jean material I have never seen in my life. I will not wear these. It also has a strong chemical smell.

I tried ordering some made to measure jeans from iTailor next and they were real jean material at least and much better, however the top button popped off the jeans after a while, so still lacking in quality.

I think this same company makes leather clothing as well and I have no idea if that is any good, but if all their jeans are like this they should shut down the jeans business and focus on the leather.

patrickk145
10/1/18

It was my first time ordering anything custom made and boy I'm impressed. My jeans fit GREAT!. Hopefully they will last cause they are a tad expensive..79 bucks plus 10 bucks shipping. With that said I'm happy with the purchase. Shipping was like 2 weeks not bad at all.

johnc1752
9/26/18

I had bought jeans from them before that were excellent fitting but my third purchase were too tight. I knew I had put on weight and blamed myself.

I then ordered a Dean Winchester leather jacket in XL size (one size larger than my normal fit as they recommend when you are buying). The size that arrived was a small M (see the photo).

But worse than that, the jacket was approximately four inches shorter than the photo they sell it with, really more of a bomber jacket than a coat (see the second coat photo from their website).

I wrote to them with detailed measurements (including measurements of store bought coats) and they asked me to send photos. I did.

Their response was that the coat was perfectly cut and they could not be expected to conform to international sizes and I should have checked the size before ordering. Their website does not include any measurements for what they call "ready size" and so that was not possible.

Despite several attempts by me to get them to accept responsibility, they claimed that it was all my fault and that if I wanted a better fit I could order a new coat at my cost. They did not offer any compromise.

They steadfastly refused to respond to my questions on the difference between the design photo and what they sent me.

My advice? Don't bother with Make Your Own Jeans. They don't care about customers, they do not accept responsibility for their mistakes and they do not accept returns.

simonw115
9/7/18

If you order a jacket, be prepared for it turn up a completely different colour than the image on the website.THEN, have absolutely ZERO reply from their support team - There is NO customer services, nor ANYONE who will respond to your questions or e-mails . Disgusting that they simply don't care about anything once they've taken your money. - DONT BOTHER

ryanp173
8/18/18

From the looks of it I probably won't be getting my money back for the worlds worst pair of jeans. I measured everything exactly the way they told me to and the fit of these jeans couldn't be more off. I have zero experience sewing and I could have made these. I'm usually better at reading reviews (which from the looks are all around low) for this kind of crap before buying it and I just had a brain fart. Back to the drawing board for how to get jeans that fit me I guess. Seriously, save yourself a lot of money and irritation and pass on this company. So upset right now.

wills126
6/17/18

This is my first time customizing clothes--I literally ran a tape measurer over an existing pair of paints with a tape measure and hoped that I labeled everything correctly. I was expecting the order in a couple of weeks as they mentioned. The jeans took 9 days to arrive (I live in Miami, so perhaps that made it easier). They fit great, it cost $53 with shipping, and I'm genuinely impressed with the craftsmanship.

samuelk64
6/14/18

I purchased a custom suit several years ago from makeyourownjeans.com and was very pleased with the way the suit fit and looked. My fiancee suggested that I purchase another suit on her for father's day. Customer service was great during the process and up until the suit arrived. When I recieved the suit, boy was I disappointed. The problem wasn't the look, but the fit. Everything about this suit was off. The pants were too long as well as to tight in the seat. The vest was to tight at the hips. The coat was to tight at the chest and at the waist. Overall it seemed as if every measurement was an inch off. After contacting them about the issues with the suit, I was directed to supply photos of the problem areas of the suit, which I did. Then silence. Nothing. They quit responding to my emails. If you value your money, then I suggest you steer clear of this sham of a company. I echo what another customer said. These guys survive off new customers and can care less about standing behind their products. This is bad for the consumer because they know that once you spend your money and are not satisfied with the product, there is nothing you can do. My suggestion is that if you desire custom made clothing, find someone that guarantees fitment and has the reputation to make it right if you are not satisfied. Beware of these clowns unless you like parting with your money

dalej39
6/11/18

I ordered some jeans the first time with my measurements, and the jeans that were delivered were perfect. They fit perfectly, and the colours matched the advertised style.
So, a year later I decided to get some more made to the exact same size before the first ones wore out. What a disaster. The measurements were a few inches out and the colours didn't even match the colours of the jeans I ordered, even though they did the first time I ordered. When I complained about the jeans, even though they were easily outside the fit guarantee, they told me to go away. They offered a 10% discount on my next order, but I have already thrown $300 away on the jeans that didn't fit, so I won't be ordering again. When I asked why the colours were wrong they told me that materials vary between batches. I would have accepted that except the colour the first time was a perfect washed out navy blue and the second lot were almost black. A huge variation, and even 6 months later there is no fading and they are still black.
I think this company survives on new customers all the time and when they get things wrong they don't come good with their promises and they know you can't do anything about it.

jenniferj251
5/24/18

I have had some garments made that I wear a lot and that fit well. Most of these have been from having MYOJ clone another garment. The problem is that, when there is a flaw in workmanship or size issue, it's automatically the customer's problem and MYOJ is unwilling to stand behind their garments, even when they are obviously at fault. I've had a pair of jeans made that were much too tight and a sports jacket that I will never wear due to the fit and workmanship. I have found the fabric they use to be generally acceptable or better, however.
If you do want to waste your time and try to get something re-made or to have your money refunded, you can expect some pretty rude and unclear messages to arrive in your inbox from the folks at MYOJ. The bottom line is that for every three garments that you actually like from MYOJ, you can expect to pay for -and be stuck with- one that us completely useless. You could try for a single garment first and, if you like it, then get more of the same made.

bizhana
3/30/18

If you value your time and money do NOT buy from MakeYourOwnJeans. This is a shady, sleazy outfit with the WORST products and even worse return policy. Do NOT be fooled by the images on their web site. What you actually receive has no resemblance to what you see. They take your money and give you the worst product imaginable (poor quality and poorest workmanship). Once you pay them you practically have no chance to return the product and get a refund. I called my bank and they are investigating the matter. I have every intention of exposing this bad company for what they are and protect other consumers from such a predator.

mem191
2/3/18

I ordered a pair of jeans following their size guidelines cant even get them on and they want a pic of me wearing them... cant happen. Please run away from this company just donate your money to a good charity

peterc202
12/3/17

Here is another slant on Make Your Own Jeans:

I have purchased 3 different orders from MYOJ and they have all been perfect to size, but unexpected coloring (see below). However I am very satisfied.

My measurements came from another pair of pants, that were slightly too low in the rise. I always have that problem. So I added a couple of inches to the rise, and they came just right and at an on sale price of $40.00 plus shipping.

The first order took months to get here. Their error. The second order came in 10 days as well as the third order. I have ordered 7 pairs of pants in total, and they all fit perfectly.

I cant vouch to how they would be if there was an error. They have a blurb on their web site that says guaranteed fit. But I cant say for sure that they would make good on an error.

I suggest buying one pair to start. See how it works out. If you are measuring yourself, have some one else do it. Or measure from a perfect pair of pants.

I have suggested to them that they have better photos of their jeans, such as models wearing them. Its hard to tell from their little fabric shots. My jeans came with whiskers which I didnt want. Theyre growing on me, and I can always dye them. The fit is perfect. They dont make jeans like these for the masses. Now I can get them. I have ordered 7 pair, and they all fit perfectly.

peterm302
11/21/17

I ordered several pairs of pants (a few varying fabrics) over several months -- probably about 12 or 13 pairs. I am able to keep and wear four of them. Depending upon the problem, the rest had to either be given away or thrown away -- they were that bad. In the beginning, I made the effort to contact "Support." However, their response was always that the problem was mine (except in one instance where I was given a $10 voucher). The last three pairs of pants had insurmountable problems: On a pair of brown stretch jeans, the front and back panels that make up the right leg were uneven (back panel wider than the front panel) forcing the outside right leg hem toward the front of the leg -- this was also a problem with previously-ordered corduroy pants. The other two pairs of chinos were so altered from my submitted measurements -- the waist was 2" shorter, the seat and upper thigh were at least an inch too big, etc. -- as to render them unwearable. It is sad and very disappointing. India is too far away to have to deal with pants made of poorly cut material and the consequent equally poor end result, not to mention a lack of adherence to submitted measurements. As one reviewer wrote: You need to order a number of pairs before you get one correctly fitting pair.

Tip for consumers: I would recommend finding a more local establishment; or (as I have done), buy something close to your measurements and have it altered by a reputable local tailor or seamstress.

johnm1217
11/11/17

This is the first time I have ordered custom made jacket online. Finding a petite size leather jacket is a no more complicated.
It is a little bit challenging to get all the measurements right doing it yourself. I would suggest grabbing your friend or partner to help.
Having the option to give custom measurements makes the experience so much easier.

I was impressed with both the quality of leather. The large amount of color choices is a bonus as well.
I especially liked the options for adding a warmer lining. I was able to wear it in place of a big bulky coat into the moderately cold winters.
A quality made item for sure.

harveyc22
10/3/17

I have purchases 4 items of clothing from MYOJ. 2 leather vests and 2 jeans (one long pair and one pair of shorts). I will start by saying that I am vertically challenged (only 4 feet 7 inches tall) so I have major difficulty buying any clothes off the rack. I have never had a pair of jeans that fit me (I am 73 years old) so when I found the MYOJ site I was very happy.
My first order was for a brown leather vest. To the credit of MYOJ they emailed me to confirm the measurements because they thought I had given the wrong size because of the shortness of the vest. I told them the measurements were right and the item arrived in due time. I was unhappy with myself in ordering suede when that was not what I wanted and it was 1.5 inches too short (MY MISTAKE). When I checked back on my original order I found that I had not ordered suede.
My second order was for a second leather vest (CORRECTLY SIZED THIS TIME) and the 2 pairs of jeans. This order was almost flawless. Fit was perfect although one of the studs on the vest came apart fairly shortly after wearing it a couple of times.
As for the first vest, I contacted them to let them know that they sent suede instead of the easier to keep clean smoother leather. They said that I got what I ordered and basically said that I was lying about the suede. I sent a photo to show that I was not lying and they still refused to accept responsibility for their error. I would like to order another pair of jeans, a leather jacket as well as a leather vest to replace the one which was made incorrectly.
In their favour, they have followed the measurements I sent, perfectly, but I do not appreciate being treated as a liar even though I supplied them with photographic evidence.
Does anyone know of another business that custom makes the same sort of items??

joeyc30
9/7/17

My son is pretty tall with a small waist. We could never find the "right" jeans. He would always have to compromise in the waist that is too low or by having the waist so big that they would bunch up when he wore a belt. Teens are striving to develop a more personalized sense of style nowadays.

So, I looked into Make Your Own Jeans and was a little nervous about it. I took the measurements (several times just to be sure)and submitted the order. Well, I'm writing this review to absolutely and positively reassure you that you have nothing to worry about!

This is the best decision I've ever made! I received email updates throughout the process.After receiving the parcel my son quickly ran to the room, put them on, and came out with the biggest smile on his face ever!

Thank you Make Your Own Jeans! You've made this as easy as possible and made a quality product that truly helps people accept themselves for who they are!

johng511
9/2/17

I do not know how they could understand so little about sizing but they do. The fly is so short I cannot get the jeans past my hips. Try to get your money back and you are subject to lots of excuse emails but no refund. In one of their emails they wanted me to make a video showing each measurement.

Did you receive them eventually ? Still waiting for my month old order.

By Avner S.

They don't. They state that they allow a 2% margin. What happens when its outside that? They ignore you and 'hope that you understand that'. Bad customer service, but you only find out once they get the product wrong. Use at your own peril.

By Dale J.

Hi, I see you asked this question but it isn't really a question so this isn't really an answer but just a quick note that I've been buying from Oliveo now exclusively for jeans and shorts and I couldn't be happier. I've never returned an item (don't know if they do this but you should check to see their policy) but I've modified my pant settings to get just the fit I want and now I have about a half dozen jeans from them. The looser fits work very well and if I try for something more "skinny" I always go with one of their stretch fabrics. Just an FYI, I think the service is great.

By Dave A.

Questions? Get answers from the MakeYourOwnJeans staff and other customers.

6 Photos for MakeYourOwnJeans