Review of LivingSocial

Washington, DC 20005
feedback@livingsocial.com

anthonya94
11/14/17

I bought a voucher for wheel alignment at Sears. I went to use it, but it said voucher had been redeemed. The store told me to call Living Social to get it resolved. When I tried to contact them, I could not find a phone number on there website, only email. I searched the web and found a couple numbers that said they were customer service at Living Social. When I called them, it was non existing numbers. When I emailed them, they responded back a couple of times, then blocked me from emailing them. I am in contact with my credit card to cancel the transaction. DO NOT BUY FROM ANYBODY THAT DOES NOT HAVE AN ACTUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE CONTACT NUMBER. Living social is a scam!

derekd33
11/2/17

Purchased a Pure Gym 5 day pass, received initial email with voucher code from Living Social. I followed the link in the email, entered the code into their website, and was supposed to get a follow up email with the voucher code for the gym via email. Never received anything. Luckily this was not a lot of money, would not recommended this site. No response from Company when I tried to chase up.

llbl
10/19/17

Do Not purchase this livingsocial deal they are crooks. The e-movie voucher did not work and I repeatedly tried to contact the company and they did not reply. - Living Social should vet vendors before allowing them to use their site for business. Living Social should also not plea buyers beware, because enough of these fail deal could mean no more Living Social online business.

nenaghg
10/19/17

Okay so this isn't a review but I ordered a darci Michael kors watch last week and still no sign im living in ROI and am wondering if this is a hoax site

johnw731
10/18/17

I ordered a $#*! from living social and what they delivered was a very quality product. Thanks to much. I will continue to patronize you.

scotts287
9/7/17

I use to like shopping on their website but their customer service isn't as good as it use to be, however the still offer some good deals.

cindyv18
8/28/17

They used to be so much better. Their customer service is so poor. They must have certain buttons they push so they don't have to type anything. They might read one sentence and just guess at the problem and push a button, no brains at all!

jeaninep1
8/24/17

Do not buy the Living Social offer for the "Ultimate Date Night" as it is a scam. The movie tickets are not the problem. The $124 valued deal was advertised as if you could get two movie passes and a restaurant voucher for $100 that could be used on that ultimate date night when in fact the restaurant.com voucher only allows you to use portions of that $100 at various restaurants. The restaurant voucher can not be used on one night and is for inconveniently located second rate restaurants. So in reality you get a $100 credit on an ecard with restaurant.com but you can only use small amounts or that credit at one restaurant at a time. Some only let you use $5 of that credit when you spend say $15. The restaurant I chose only allowed use of $25 credit and I had to spend $50 to get that. So in effect you will have to fork over at least another $100 dollars at multiple restaurants in order to use the entire $100 credit on that card. My voucher was only for 60 days and I travel so getting to use that amount at various locations before expiration is a problem. In the past I have not had a problem getting a credit or refund from Living Social but they say I didn't read the fine print when the fact is that the fine print did not indicate that the voucher could not be used on that one "Ultimate Date NIGHT" as advertised. I have been a frequent user of Living Social but I will not use them in the future. This will be posted on several review sights.

edwardd45
7/25/17

Living Social customer service sucks! Update update to my prior scathing review for this awful company.

This company actually took money out of my account without my permission. I did not order anything and they took money out of my account!! I have been waiting for my $69.49 REFUND for two months and I have asked seven times! The so called 'customer service' managers (4 now!!) have promised but still no refund. THEN THIS UNETHICAL COMPANY TOOK $22.99 out of my account and has not refunded it!

Do NOT BUY FRIM THIS LOUSY COMPANY! They ys a Philippines Call Center and that place is worthless.

Tip for consumers: Don't! Run away! DO NOT BUY FROM THESE UNETHICAL PEOPLE

ryanl73
7/13/17

I order an item and paid for it, 3 weeks later and I have still not received it I have contacted then numerous times for an update and have not once had a reply I would advise that not a single person uses this as a company as it's a complete scam

carolinec63
7/4/17

After purchasing my voucher on Living Social I was keen to book my appointment, I tried calling but no answered or returned my call. I sent a text requesting an appointment on a Saturday as I work full time only to receive a text message back saying the voucher was only valid between Monday - Friday. There is no mention of this on the advertisement and in fact states that they are open 6 days per week and states there open hours on the bottom of the advertisement. I wouldn't have bothered purchasing this voucher if I had known that it was not usable on a Saturday. They are misleading people in to purchasing this voucher by not stating the full T&C of the voucher. I sent several message to "FACE" but had no response to any of my messages which in my eye is bad customer service. I contact living Social and explained the issue and they were very helpful and refunded me in full.

Tip for consumers: Check the availability before purchasing any vouchers. Some adverts are misleading.....

rg80
6/26/17

I purchased a 90 minute Chicago architectural tour through LivingSocial and Eventbrite on May 17, 2017. It is now June 26 and the August date that I require is not yet available. August dates will not even be posted until (by) July 15. That is 2 months after purchase and I have no confidence that my date will even be available. In addition, I cannot plan anything else for that date because I don't know what time the cruise can be booked, if at all.

I have contacted Eventbrite and they referred me back to LivingSocial. LivingSocial refuses to do anything because the purchase from Eventbrite is non-refundable. Seriously? I can't book it and I can't get my money back.

Steer clear. Run.

ewang8
6/26/17

Four weeks after purchasing wrongly advertised deal, still no satisfactory response from the merchant.

katherineh45
6/22/17

I cannot even believe this company still exists. They helped themselves to my money and then gave me the worst run around you can imagine. Outright lying to me at every step - "someone will call you by the end of the day, we have no record of your complaint, etc." That's IF you can communicate with the "outsourced customer service (India)" -- the guy could hardly understand me nor I, him. I finally had to get PayPal involved who ultimately decided they couldn't PROVE "unauthorized transactions". Well, I certainly didn't order a gift card for a restaurant i have never heard of in a DIFFERENT state and they gave Living Social BACK the money they took from my account. So I am appalled at how PayPal really "went to bat for me" as well! Done with BOTH companies. But again, beware. In my opinion, Living Social should not even be in business. The internet is littered with complaints of fraud about them yet they still exist. Please think twice before giving them ANY of your information. Read the complaints first!

larryy7
6/21/17

I purchased a Costco membership through living social - yest the voucher did not add to my account. I was allowed to trade it in and the deal dollars added to my account but so far I have enough not been allowed to make another purchase with the dollars and each time I attempted to do so, Living Social attempted to recharge my Credit card which my bank wisely detected as duplicate transactions and decoined them. Every time I contact Living socal customer service they want my credit card# which I refuse to give them. You decide - is this just incompetence or is it fraud?

serenee
6/13/17

Buyers beware! Savings are grossly misrepresented n if you found out you've been deceived , no refunds considered ! Bought a high tea party voucher for 4 at $288 ( claimed value was $570). Found out later that buying direct from the organisers gives better value especial when one's allowed to choose time of sittings , not restrictive per Living Social . Asked nicely if I can get a refund in credit so my gfs n I can book direct with organisers since their savings claim was grossly overstated . 1st reply from them was " no refund for change of mind whatever the reason" . I pleaded on informing them their savings claim was grossly deceptive. 2nd reply came as " ... their ( organiser's) new discount comes to $290. Therefore as our deal was $288, it is actually cheaper." That makes $2 or 50cents per ticket cheaper ! What happen to the original claim of hundreds of dollars savings ? Lesson : Never believe in their savings claim - do your homework before buying anything from them . For you'll never get your money back .

ninag19
6/12/17

I paid for a voucher to a restaurant, but didn't realize that the promotional period was over in a month. Figuring I could still uses it for what I paid, I went to the restaurant to find that it had gone out of business. I called about getting a refund of what I'd paid, and they insisted that since itwas after the promotional period had expired, they would not refund me for what I'd paid to them. They could see that I've been a consistent user of of LS for years, but still decided to screw me and would not let me speak with a supervisor. Boycotting from now on!

mwami
6/10/17

If you buy a voucher from here you may as well have tossed that cash out the window of a moving car.

This company spends too much money on advertising and not enough for basic staff. Businesses don't seem to understand how to create deals.

When you call Living Social for help because a business is refusing to honor the voucher you get ZERO helo. Definitely no refund or even a credit.

After being burned 2x I have never returned to the site.

Many voucher sites have come and gone exactly because they couldn't get businesses to honor vouchers and did not protect their consumers. Living Social will probaby dissappear too.

Groupon is WAY better for finding deals and you are at least protected as the customer.

jonic11
6/5/17

Do NOT buy anything from living social escapes if there is even a 1% doubt that you can not attend. They tell you have 24 hours to cancel but they are NOT available to you on the weekends, so if your window falls in a weekend you are not able to get a refund. I called on Monday to tell them that they needed to still issue a refund and the process was a joke. They finally ended up issuing but what a headache.

christines132
6/2/17

after buying goose feather pillows they are the worst feather pillows i have ever purchased, said soft and comfortable, they are not as described the feathers have long stalks sticking riggt through my pillow case i was going to ask for a refund but after seeing what other people have said about trying to get a refund i wont bother, i just wont be buying from them again

jamiea43
5/27/17

Purchased an air duct cleaning on LivingSocial. Luis Magana was very professional and thorough! I would recommend him for this service.

sydneyb30
5/14/17

Redeeming a voucher was a nightmare. The one I just did directed me to the vendor's website (which I assume is standard operating procedure) and there was no live link. I first had to write it out on a piece of paper it was so long (like over 20 characters long). Who is the genius who decided not to include live links? Never again.

What happened after that was not Living Social's fault, but I warn you not to ever book anything from Best Tours. Whoever designed their website should be shot and the way to redeem a voucher is not intuitive at all. I finally had to give the guy at zendesk my email address and log-in information so he could do it for me. From start to finish, this consumed over an hour of a beautiful Sunday afternoon

nadinef5
5/13/17

If I could make this review zero stars I would. I understand that living social is probably going to be out of business fairly soon. It is no small wonder why. If the original price of a voucher remains in effect forever and the business refuses to honor that voucher where is living socials responsibility? According to them they have none. Essentially several consumer agents who are "offsite" have reiterated countless times that LivingSocial has no responsibility if a business refuses to deal with you or if a business no longer is in existence. If I paid my $101to LivingSocial they owe me that money. I realize I am adding to the chorus. It seems that we need to spread the word so this company can be put out of business that much sooner

kk168
5/7/17

I bought one but the merchant went out of business. Living social says they have no responsibility about the merchant and that they will not refund your money. It's a small amount. I will take them to small claims court to set an example.

marcyr9
4/19/17

I have been using livingsocial for many years.Within the past 2 years I have had a few restaurants refuse to accept the certificate. I was issued a credit on the website but I am tired of buying certificates and credits online. I called and the company refused to give credit back on my credit card. I would advise you to call the restaurant or vendor prior to purchasing to make sure they will accept the certificate. Stick to GROUPON!

There do seem to have been some financial problems with many of the deals from Living Social. But when I had a problem they answered the phone and it was dealt with quickly and the goods resent.

By Tony G.

me too i bought a voucher for a necklace and not recieved any confirmation but the money has come out of my bank account. I have bought from these before and never had this problem but i am worrying as i cant get through on the phone its dead!!

By hazel e.

I wouldn't buy anything!! Their customer service is really really bad. They won't refund you either. Watchdog have been involved with lots of complaints. Just google reviews and you won't go near!! Not sure who is giving good reviews here. Living social employees?!!

By Angela M.

Normally a percentage. .....in my case all of the £99 I've paid living social. ..can't book hotel so presumably they just keep all of it. Can you imagine how many people they're doing this to around the world?

By William M.

rip me off once, shame on you rip me off twice, shame on me the item i purchased was completely misrepresented as to quality and material. I was supposed to be Stainless Steel and instead was a cheap chrome plated plastic piece of junk. I am trying to get a refund, we'll see. I don't accept their "Final Sale" out on something that is so dishonestly described. It is living social's responsibility to make sure that items sold on their website be accurately and honestly described. If not then they truly cannot be trusted.

By Michael D.
Questions? Get answers from the LivingSocial staff and other customers.

9 Photos for LivingSocial