US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jasonj72
1/16/17

But know that the business is on the ropes if they are going down this road! be careful and dont leave too much credit with them

taraw48
1/5/17

Love LivingSocial too. great experiences and meals.

beverlyk29
12/30/16

After using Living Social for years, I have seen a profound decline in both their products and their customer service. After a recent issue with a merchant who delivered the wrong product, I have place several phone calls and spoken with three separate customer service reps without any resolution. They contend that they are not a merchant,only an advertiser, and that they have no responsibility to their customers for the final product. They clearly don't care what happens after they get your money. Save yourself the aggravation and shop somewhere else!

kays71
12/26/16

wish I could get everything here, always works, good deals, great customer service, love it

corinad
12/22/16

On March, I bought an Escape deal to the Base Camp of Mount Everest. I have bought 3 escapes before and the trips were well organized with top notch hotels, just awesome. I felt this new merchant was also reliable and my husband and I have always wanted to go there, so we did the purchase for about $5,900. Well, the merchant was a flake and after 7 months, he never gave us any hotel or flights confirmation, he would only say vague stuff such as "all is according to schedule" or "will get back to you in a week/month or so". We requested to depart at the end of March 2017, but up to November we just had nothing to work with as we needed to get travel insurance, flights to LA, reserve a doggy hotel and submit vacation request. I reviewed their refund policy and called to inquire about what should we do about this as this is a lot of money and that I was not going to just give it away. I also mentioned that this merchant was not doing business as he never gave us concrete information. The customer service rep told me that this would be escalated and that they would get back to me in 3 to 5 business days. I did not hear back from them after 5 days, so I called again and asked about if they were able to reach the merchant. The customer service rep apologized for the wait and mentionec they could not reach the merchant, so they refunded my money in less than a week.
A thing to consider is to research the name of the company as this vendor had a deceiving name. We purchased the deal because there is a well known company Himalayan Experience (HIMEX) that has been in documentaries, this merchant used the same name with a hypthen between the two words.
Very pleased with livingsocial.

jov80
12/15/16

they suck! don't use them, their merchants don't deliver, their customer service is bull$hit and they trap you into getting Deal Bucks instead of issuing a real refund. then they tell you there is nothing they can do. What rip off artists!

yanas5
12/14/16

They cancelled my tickets, without notifying me (the purchase was confirmed by them, and by the performance management) right after purchase! I learned at the theater with 2 little kids, at the ticket box! I had to buy full price ticket in the back, as the kids were so excited about the show. Called Living Social - no apology, said they reimbursed me, could not get a manager. The rep suggested to email - as I did, no response in 7 days. This is definitely the worst customer service I have encountered in a long time. It happened to most/all who bought the deal on and after Dec 9 2016. I would like to hear what LivingSocial team has to say, if they have customer care function at all.

aislingg
12/12/16

So unhelpful and kept repeating over and over and interrupting me I'm sorry but we have nothing to do with you receiving your product you will have to take it up with merchandiser. Now this was on my 3rd call and 4th or 5th email to which I was getting no response. I bought 2 iphones on their site on 18 November the money was taken from my account on 21 November and now the week before Christmas no iphones and they are not resonsible!!! Far as I'm conerned if I buy something on your site and you take MY MONEY then you are bloody responsible! ! After 10 minutes of asking nicely I lost the plot and told rhe girl to give me a number and until I got really really annoyed then all of a sudden she was able to locate a telephone number for the merchant.. terrible in this day and age that the only way you can get anywhere after being nice and polite is to blow a fuse and insist on a number. I then told her I wanted to speak to a manager and was told I'm sorry we have to email a request and then it will take 3 to 5 working day. My advice DO NOT BUY FROM LIVING SOCIAL they are not bothered once they have your money.... merchants are no better Fone Plaza for anyone who is thinking of using them again DON'T DO IT. My pay pal address has never changed try for some reason they thought I lived in the UK the first iphone was sent out to my regular adress but in the UK and she then had the cheek to tell me i had underpaid by 2 pounds if i wanted it shipped to ireland as this was not an options as I am ONLY living in ireland and not the UK and used the only option this is not my fault l. The 2nd iphone hadn't even been sent out 4 weeks after they took my money. ....

geetas
12/12/16

Purchased a SoftLaser Plus from Living Social which cost me $103.41 and never received the item . I contacted Living Social they put me on hold for one and half hour subsequently spoke to a very rude abnoxious customer rep , She told me they cannot do anything about it and it is my problem . Told me that i need to file a claim with the post office . Post office says i am not the shipper and cannot file a claim.(Quote)Supervisor told her that they cannot do it anything and it is my problem.

jenniferw191
12/12/16

I bought the local newspaper for 1 year through living social. The newspaper stopped delivery after a very short time stating that I had not paid for one year service. They tell me they have never heard of living social. Living social, after 30 minutes on hold, stated they had gotten no response from the paper, so they would refund me. Asked me to hold....45 minutes later hung up on me!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

fadir
12/8/16

Is absolutely disgusting what I have had from living social services ! After my purchased been told will take 5 working days I have to chasse my case with contact customer services find where my good is NO RESPONDED AT ALL after few days later got the good finally been damage from the courier ! I have tried again contact customer services been told after a day to push the plastic cover with my hand is absolutely funny how clever they think they are ! , I won't make any purchase from this commercial website ever learning from my mistake , YOU WANT TO BE NEXT !!

cierrac4
11/29/16

False and misleading product page. Never received what I ordered, unable to reach anyone for a refund.

kg62
11/29/16

In the days of free delivery and next day delivery they don't fair well,always, longer than they quote(by miles) over the top delivery charges on small items,This will be my last purchase..

jeffb177
11/28/16

Promo code did not apply. No other way to contact Living Social except phone. 55 minutes on hold. Rude operator. Would not credit my credit card, only offer Living Social credit. I am really disappointed.

josek15
11/27/16

I like the things I have purchased from Living Social. Some of them are unique and would be hard to find anyplace else. The only negative for me ( personal thing) is that sometimes the Coupons system is a little bit confusing. I haven't been lucky enough to get friend to purchase something

damianc21
11/26/16

If you managed to read this review then YES, your gut is correct. Don't bother with Living Social. The minute something goes wrong it is a deadset 3rd world issue to resolve. Hopeless

ezrab17
Ezra B.
11/25/16

Pretty cool! Will keep on using it.

sharonl83
11/23/16

I believe many service businesses or individuals use Living Social to scam people and Living Social does nothing about it. You have to be on top of your deal to get your money back but there's a whole lot of leg work involved. You call and call the company over months... then you have to communicate to Living Social that they're not answering. Etc. Sure you get your money back if you stay on top of the time limit but basically the businesses are making off with a lot of money from consumers like me who don't have the time to keep after them to make an appointment.

kimw123
11/22/16

I paid $29.00 for a voucher from Living Social for Comprehensive Carpet Cleaning to clean the carpet in three rooms and a hallway. I scheduled my appointment for Friday, Nov. 18 between 12 and 3:00. Eric called me that morning around 11:00 and said they would be at my house around 12:00 or 12:30. At 2:00 they had not shown up yet so I called Eric using the number that was on my caller ID. I had to leave a message. At 3:00 I called Eric again and left another message. I also called the company's number on my voucher and had to leave a message wondering why they did not show up. I never received a return call from either number. On Saturday I called the carpet cleaning company's number again and James answered the phone. I told him that I had an appointment yesterday and Eric never showed up. He said he would call Eric and find out what happened and call me back. I have yet to receive a call back from either James or Eric. On Monday I called Living Social to let them know what happened. They take no ownership in one of their vendors not showing up for an appointment. I told them that they needed to address the problem that they have a vendor that doesn't show up for their appointment and doesn't return phone calls. The girl told me to go to Documentation@Living Social.com. I'm only finding a place to write a review rather than making the "higher-ups" at LS aware that they have a company signed on with them that is a fraud. I asked for a refund even though I understand that their policy is that you can only get "deal bucks" if it has been more than seven days since I purchased the voucher. However, I feel like I should be able to get my money back since it was not my choice that the service was not completed. I could also use that money to contract a reputable company to clean my carpet. LS refuses to refund my money. At this point I don't trust LS or their vendors and don't plan to ever use them again so I guess I'm out $29.

kellyo22
11/22/16

I bought a 2 hour deep cleaning from living social $60.00. When I called to schedule a time for them to come out to clean my apartment, I was told I had to wait 2 weeks to schedule something I already paid for. I was not happy about that, but went ahead a schedule for Tuesday, November 15 at 2:00 pm.

Monday, November 14th comes around, and I had not heard from anyone since I called two weeks prior to schedule. Therefore, I called to confirm Monday afternoon. I was told the computer system was down and to call back later. I did call back later, but no one answered. I left a detailed message requesting a return phone call, but no one called back. I called Tuesday morning, the guy said he had to call someone and would call me back. He never called back. I called again. I started to get the run around and was told he'd call me back. He never did. I called a couple times and my calls weren't answered. Finally around 11:00 (3 hours prior to my appt) he answers my call and tells me he cannot get ahold of whoever he needed to speak with, and I would need to reschedule.

By this point, I was frustrated and had absolutely no trust in this company. I told him if they could not make the scheduled appointment, I would call living social to request a refund. He got an attitude and told me to do that.

I called living social and the girl informed me the cleaning company had redeemed my voucher as if they already performed the service. This was about 2 hours before they were scheduled to be there. I explained what happened, and the person at living social told me it seemed shady to her and she would forward my request for a refund on the the escalation department. She reassured me they would refund my money and someone would contact me via email.

I waited a week and never heard back from living social so I called them. I was informed they contacted the merchant services who stated my voucher was forfeited because I did not confirm the appointment. They claimed I did not answer their phone calls or return their voicemails. In fact they claimed to have called me the Saturday before my appointment on Monday, Nov 14th at 11:00. That was not even my scheduled appointment. I could not have scheduled it at that time as I would've had a scheduling conflict and would not have been able to be home to let them in at that time.

Living social proceeds to tell me because they say I forfeited the voucher they couldn't do anything. These people are lying and claiming they performed things that they did not. I would not trust this company or living social they are both scams!

I will continue to tell my experience to everyone to hopefully protect other hardworking, honest people from the scam artists. They kept my $60 and did not perform the service. They should not be allowed to get away with this.

noth33
11/8/16

LivingSocial represent bad vendors that simply don't send the goods or reply to an email to advise you where they are! They take no responsibility as they simply supplied the voucher!!! Absolute nonsense and simply fraud! My view is that they represent the company and take the money, therefore they should honour the deal! Hopefully Paypal will get my money back

antons29
11/6/16

Geat App

deeb67
11/4/16

We recently purchased a B and B package to KY . Best stay! Just beware of the expiration fine print

patl39
11/2/16

LivingSocial has gone downhill fast. This company used to honor bad deals from vendors that did not own up. I have been introduced to some very unprofessional businesses that did not get back to me. I was unable to use the deals. LivingSocial told me it was a problem between me and the vendor and that they strictly sold-ven though they introduced the relationship. in the past, they had excellent customer service and even took the time to reach out to the vendor in question. I was one of the first LivingSocial customers and have purchased for years. Now it's just tough, you lost the money and we are out. Customer service reads from some script saying that we're sorry but we are unable to get involved in the situation. The companies in question have collected the money and not provided the services. I am deleting LivingSocial app from my phone it will never purchase from them again.

normanc19
11/1/16

Lots of great deals. I like the food deals best. I get cash back for every purchase, too.

44 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LivingSocial staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question