US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

kevink95
8/29/16

What a horrible company and horrible experience. My voucher was good for $32. That paid amount was NOT expired. However, the restaurant went out of business. Many of the restaurants that use Living Social are likely barely in business....or they wouldn't need to use Living Social.

You cannot email, so be prepared to call. However, their call center is only open during normal east coast business hours and the hold time is 40 mins (although they will tell you 20 mins, which will really infuriate you when it's twice that). So be ready to use your entire lunch break to call them.

Then I talk to someone who acted like she was annoyed that she had to take calls. She was not helpful and acted like I was a pain in her butt the entire time. She would not put on a supervisor or manager, because she said they don't get on phones.

This crappy, barely surviving, piece of crap company likely hires people for so little and works them so hard, that they get the most unskilled and then unhappy employees there are. Walmart has nicer employees.

I am taking them to small claims court. I suggest everyone does this with every big business that screws with them. I took Verizon to small claims court. It took a bit of my time. But they had to fly someone from their legal dept from California to Denver twice, and pay for her hotel and food. And then I won half the case and got $850 and terminated my contract early with no penalty. And it cost them far more than it cost me in terms of time to go through the process.

When it's the principle of the thing....do it.

teresas25
8/29/16

They have lots of interesting merchandise, and dining out opportunities to chose from. Always something new and exciting.

laneea
8/25/16

Our voucher for PAWN AMERICA expired and neither LIVING SOCIAL or Pawn America would honor the paid value.

jenniferw179
8/24/16

LivingSocial provides great discount and it is a great way to save money. I love their deal.

paulas65
8/22/16

A hospital visit saw a restaurant voucher that was only valid for 4 weeks - expired! Restaurant said I was too late ( I tried to compromise eg voucher was for 4 people and I asked if 2 people could use it so so was the proper price) but was told they didn't get the money and living social had my money so it was a no to my compromise! I thought this was odd so I contacted living social- weekly- I had only asked them to confirm this- not asked for a refund or anything- nothing- still nothing! ( there is no phone number only email) So I will delete them and tell as many people as possible to avoid them!

alh62
8/16/16

I have an issue with two vouchers with a promotional value expired but paid value still valid. The merchant was willing to accept the vouchers but discovered his account had been shutdown by LivingSocial so they cannot redeem my voucher. Trying to contact LivingSocial customer service is impossible as they apparently have no one actually working there, you just wait on hold. My suggestion to everyone who has an issue with LivingSocial is to contact the vendors LivingSocial is currently featuring and suggest to them they drop LivingSocial as using them reflects poorly on their business. Since they appear to be a giant scam, maybe we can drive them out of business.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!!!

donnas77
8/16/16

Great site and magazine. Has services at discounted prices for your personal area.

amitn7
8/16/16

use this site only if you live around north america and around, no use for others

alfredi3
8/14/16

Too dirty

donnas144
8/12/16

Until about 30 minutes ago a deal existed for a business "Angel Tea Room Gourmet Junction" in Plainfield,Illinois. I have 2 expired vouchers with paid value dates to 2019 and 2020. I called the refund department and was on hold for 52 minutes. The business closed and moved about 1 month ago. The business location has been vacated,sign posted states closed and business phone number [815-439-3933 ] is not answered. I spoke to Livingsocial customer service rep who identified herself as "Nikki" and was told there was no recourse from Livingsocial regarding the promo value. I requested that my call be transferred to a manager,supervisor or team lead and Nikki would not transfer my call. VERY POOR CUSTMER SERVICE. WILL NOT DO FURTHER BUSINESS WITH A COMPANY THAT HAS NO REGARD FOR SOLVING CUSTOMER PROBLEMS. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

beatriced6
8/11/16

I bought a perfect maids cleaning service voucher . Value expires Aug 28 2016
The phone number of vendor no longer exists
Living social customer service by phone is Unreachable. Hours of wait time to date.
The voucher does not appear anymore on my voucher account but I have the confirmation e mail and printed it.
Stay away from Living social .It has nocustomer service in case of a problem.
Stay with Groupon instead

tinag54
8/10/16

It is impossible to reach Customer Service. The email doesn't accept emails, and if you call the phone number, you will be on hold for HOURS. I've TRIED SO MANY TIMES!!! I end up disconnecting because I simply cannot wait anymore.

All I wanted to do is get a refund for a product that was never received.

phils65
8/8/16

they billed me so fast it took me forever to get it right.THEY don't refund your $$ they give you credits to buy their products @$%$$$ phil

matl20
8/8/16

I purchased a voucher to have vents. Air unit clean. The guy came to my house, up on entering he said ...I'm going to have to charge you and additional 300 dollars. Mind you the deal was for 29.99 I could get unlimited vents cleaned and one main return and six feet of dryer line...for 29.99. Which you pay up front! Never deal with Social Living and AIR VENT CARE....THE ADVERTISE WITH AND DONT DELIVER!!! I'm out of my money with no service!

mikec236
8/8/16

I recently experienced the scenario of a company changing ownership and not honoring the Living Social coupon when presented at the end of the dinner. Even though Living Social knew of the change, and had been contacted by both patrons and new owners Living Social did nothing to alert the customers and they refused to honor the original commitment; and would't refund the full amount.
Unlike Groupon, who at least indicates that there is no expiration of the face value of the coupon cost, Living Social has no commitment or follow-up with the company they market for. In other words, and based on the responses of their call center people (Sashia and Corey - if that is their real names, who knows) they don't give a $#*! what happens after they advertise it on their site. Stick with Groupon!

edj22
8/4/16

Two experiences with Living Social: with the first, the phone number for the participating vendor was simply not in service. After several calls, I gave up and received a refund from Living Social. The second was more recent: I purchased a voucher in January that is valid for one year. I planned on using it over the summer. After many calls to the participating vendor in June and July, leaving messages with an answering service and not receiving any reply, I gave up and am now trying to get a refund from Living Social.

Issue #1: full refunds are only given within seven days of a purchase
Issue #2: current refunds are in the Living Social currency ... meaning I have to try again with another participating vendor
Issue #3: While I paid $98 in January, I am only entitled to $84 of Living Social currency.

Don't try to call Living Social unless you have a long time to wait on hold. I called twice and was on hold for half an hour both times. When I asked for their address, the first representative hung up on me. The second rep was nicer, but would not help with a refund.

I've written an email to their CEO ... waiting for a reply.

NOT WORTH THE EFFORT TO SAVE A FEW DOLLARS.

eb535
8/4/16

I normally purchase from Groupon but decided to give Living Social a try. I bought a voucher for a pressure washing service. For weeks I tried contacting the merchant to schedule an appointment, but could not get in touch with anyone. I left several messages but was never contacted. I was unable to cancel online, so had to call Living Social to request a refund. I called, waiting almost an hour to speak with a representative. The rep I spoke with, named Kieara, was completely unapologetic, unprofessional, and sounded as if she was either distracted by something or high on drugs. She essentially told me that she could not resolve my issue and left it at that. I understand that this woman must deal with a lot of unsatisfied customers, but she was so unhelpful and obviously hates her job. I will not be purchasing from Living Social again.

ashleya72
8/2/16

I have to admit, I used to love LivingSocial. In fact, I used to buy vouchers from them on a regular basis. Until today. I live near DC, and I was going to go visit one of the museums this past weekend that I had an expired LS deal for. Yes, expired. I googled the museum to see what time they opened and found out that the museum has closed for good. So, I called LS to get my money back. I spoke to a rude, non friendly lady, who informed that I could not get my money back. Apparently that would have to be between me and the merchant. How on earth am I supposed to get anything from a place that is permanently closed?! I asked to speak to her manager, and she came back on the phone only to tell me that a manager would not come speak to me because they have nothing different to tell me. I am appalled at their horrible "customer service" and will never be buying anything from them again.

katherined23
8/2/16

Great way to save money and try a new experience. Also love Groupon... wonderful ways to save!

annad78
8/2/16

I bought an item that wasn't compatible with any of my phone, tablet or laptop and have been trying to get a refund since the beginning of July. So glad I didn't pay out a huge amount. I haven't yet been able to find a phone number to try calling them, I keep receiving emails saying the money has been refunded, but to no avail.

Wish I'd read the reviews before using them....... Never again!!

mm231
8/1/16

You have to be on hold for over an hour and still do not reach a customer service rep. I sent 4 emails and after the 4th I get an email that states "oops you have replied to an email to no one looks at"!! After the 4th email and an hour on hold -- really!!!! Unacceptable customer service -- I have never had this issue with Groupon and will give them my business.

robertk171
7/30/16

We arrived at the hotel on 27 July 16 for a 2 night stay. The shabby reception area was the first warning, along with the strong smell of stale cooking oil. The Receptionist did give us a smile or she was holding back a laugh, then went on to tell us that although the advertising stated WiFi access and T.V !4in in the bedroom, they do not work because of the hilly area. (That could have been rectified had they bothered) She also said that at 2 in the morning, we might be disturbed be the fishmonger, making his delivery which he did, then going on to say a room was above the kitchen extractor, so it's best to keep our window closed. I will show you up and how to open the security door leading to the stairs. The handle was loose and had to be held up before you press the numbers, if it didn't work press another number and start again. The room measured 8ft x 10ft, no room for any shelving, a small chest for the kettle ect., no room for the usual cosmetics, nor in the bathroom. The shower cubicle was nicely decorated with black mould the whole room was drab , smelly and cramped. We decided to eat in and booked a table, another mistake, on entering the bar/resteraunt, we were almost overcome by the dreadful stong burnt cooking oil smell. It was 20 mins before I managed to order our meals, and after a further 3/4 hr walked out and down to Hey on Wye for a good dinner. At breakfast in the morning, there was no ham or cheese and when I asked for toast, only brown bread toast was offered. I asked for white bread and was told they don't serve white bread. I pointed to the next table where white toast was evident. She adopted an agressive attitude and huffed off. The table next to us had ordered a cooked meal which was so long coming, they walked out. The whole hotel was poorly decorated, shabby, unclean, unwelcoming and to be avoided. It ruined our break

colleenc38
7/29/16

How is this company still in business? No way to contact online, LOOOONG wait times on phone - and you have to listen to their commercials. AWFUL!!!!

patriciar110
7/27/16

I recently bought a voucher to a concert for $32 - $6 in Deal Bucks, $26 via my Paypal. The concert gets cancelled due to weather and I call about refund. After waiting more than an hour on hold, a representative tells me she needs to contact the merchant to confirm and puts me on hold yet again. After 10 mins, I hang up because I'm headed to a meeting. I get an email later telling me my LivingSocial account had been credited for $32 in Deal Bucks. What?! I call the next day and spend another hour on the phone. I explain to the rep that I was credited for the full amount to my LivingSocial account rather than be refunded the way I paid. I also explained that I knew someone who supposed to go to the concert who got an email, without calling,saying she was getting a full refund to her method of payment. She apologized, saying I should have gotten that email and didn't and said she needed to get a supervisor to cancel the Deal Bucks and refund my card. I then asked if I would get an email, alerting me to the fact. She said I would get one if I wanted. Why wouldn't I when the other person got one without requesting it? I later got an email saying I would receive $26 dollars to my PayPal account. But when I checked my LivingSocial Deal Bucks - $0. Why zero when I have $6 prior? Now, I need to call again and take another hour out of my life to get $6 in Deal Bucks back!!! I will dump the $6 in Deal Bucks ASAP so I can unsubscribe from all LivingSocial emails. I will tell everyone to avoid them.

Tip for consumers: Be prepared for extra long wait times to speak to a live person.

lindab260
7/26/16

I bought this item from Living Social. It was £9.99 and stated that full price was £59.99. Nowhere online have I seen it advertised at the full price. In fact, when I received it, it turned out to not be as good as advertised. If I had paid £59.99 for this I would have sent it back with a strong worded complaint. I no longer use it!!! There have also been other offers that have not come up to expectation.

Tip for consumers: Be very careful about what you think may be a bargain!

40 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LivingSocial staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question