US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

cierrac4
11/29/16

False and misleading product page. Never received what I ordered, unable to reach anyone for a refund.

kg62
11/29/16

In the days of free delivery and next day delivery they don't fair well,always, longer than they quote(by miles) over the top delivery charges on small items,This will be my last purchase..

jeffb177
11/28/16

Promo code did not apply. No other way to contact Living Social except phone. 55 minutes on hold. Rude operator. Would not credit my credit card, only offer Living Social credit. I am really disappointed.

josek15
11/27/16

I like the things I have purchased from Living Social. Some of them are unique and would be hard to find anyplace else. The only negative for me ( personal thing) is that sometimes the Coupons system is a little bit confusing. I haven't been lucky enough to get friend to purchase something

damianc21
11/26/16

If you managed to read this review then YES, your gut is correct. Don't bother with Living Social. The minute something goes wrong it is a deadset 3rd world issue to resolve. Hopeless

ezrab17
11/25/16

Pretty cool! Will keep on using it.

sharonl83
11/23/16

I believe many service businesses or individuals use Living Social to scam people and Living Social does nothing about it. You have to be on top of your deal to get your money back but there's a whole lot of leg work involved. You call and call the company over months... then you have to communicate to Living Social that they're not answering. Etc. Sure you get your money back if you stay on top of the time limit but basically the businesses are making off with a lot of money from consumers like me who don't have the time to keep after them to make an appointment.

kimw123
11/22/16

I paid $29.00 for a voucher from Living Social for Comprehensive Carpet Cleaning to clean the carpet in three rooms and a hallway. I scheduled my appointment for Friday, Nov. 18 between 12 and 3:00. Eric called me that morning around 11:00 and said they would be at my house around 12:00 or 12:30. At 2:00 they had not shown up yet so I called Eric using the number that was on my caller ID. I had to leave a message. At 3:00 I called Eric again and left another message. I also called the company's number on my voucher and had to leave a message wondering why they did not show up. I never received a return call from either number. On Saturday I called the carpet cleaning company's number again and James answered the phone. I told him that I had an appointment yesterday and Eric never showed up. He said he would call Eric and find out what happened and call me back. I have yet to receive a call back from either James or Eric. On Monday I called Living Social to let them know what happened. They take no ownership in one of their vendors not showing up for an appointment. I told them that they needed to address the problem that they have a vendor that doesn't show up for their appointment and doesn't return phone calls. The girl told me to go to Documentation@Living Social.com. I'm only finding a place to write a review rather than making the "higher-ups" at LS aware that they have a company signed on with them that is a fraud. I asked for a refund even though I understand that their policy is that you can only get "deal bucks" if it has been more than seven days since I purchased the voucher. However, I feel like I should be able to get my money back since it was not my choice that the service was not completed. I could also use that money to contract a reputable company to clean my carpet. LS refuses to refund my money. At this point I don't trust LS or their vendors and don't plan to ever use them again so I guess I'm out $29.

kellyo22
11/22/16

I bought a 2 hour deep cleaning from living social $60.00. When I called to schedule a time for them to come out to clean my apartment, I was told I had to wait 2 weeks to schedule something I already paid for. I was not happy about that, but went ahead a schedule for Tuesday, November 15 at 2:00 pm.

Monday, November 14th comes around, and I had not heard from anyone since I called two weeks prior to schedule. Therefore, I called to confirm Monday afternoon. I was told the computer system was down and to call back later. I did call back later, but no one answered. I left a detailed message requesting a return phone call, but no one called back. I called Tuesday morning, the guy said he had to call someone and would call me back. He never called back. I called again. I started to get the run around and was told he'd call me back. He never did. I called a couple times and my calls weren't answered. Finally around 11:00 (3 hours prior to my appt) he answers my call and tells me he cannot get ahold of whoever he needed to speak with, and I would need to reschedule.

By this point, I was frustrated and had absolutely no trust in this company. I told him if they could not make the scheduled appointment, I would call living social to request a refund. He got an attitude and told me to do that.

I called living social and the girl informed me the cleaning company had redeemed my voucher as if they already performed the service. This was about 2 hours before they were scheduled to be there. I explained what happened, and the person at living social told me it seemed shady to her and she would forward my request for a refund on the the escalation department. She reassured me they would refund my money and someone would contact me via email.

I waited a week and never heard back from living social so I called them. I was informed they contacted the merchant services who stated my voucher was forfeited because I did not confirm the appointment. They claimed I did not answer their phone calls or return their voicemails. In fact they claimed to have called me the Saturday before my appointment on Monday, Nov 14th at 11:00. That was not even my scheduled appointment. I could not have scheduled it at that time as I would've had a scheduling conflict and would not have been able to be home to let them in at that time.

Living social proceeds to tell me because they say I forfeited the voucher they couldn't do anything. These people are lying and claiming they performed things that they did not. I would not trust this company or living social they are both scams!

I will continue to tell my experience to everyone to hopefully protect other hardworking, honest people from the scam artists. They kept my $60 and did not perform the service. They should not be allowed to get away with this.

noth33
11/8/16

LivingSocial represent bad vendors that simply don't send the goods or reply to an email to advise you where they are! They take no responsibility as they simply supplied the voucher!!! Absolute nonsense and simply fraud! My view is that they represent the company and take the money, therefore they should honour the deal! Hopefully Paypal will get my money back

antons29
11/6/16

Geat App

deeb67
11/4/16

We recently purchased a B and B package to KY . Best stay! Just beware of the expiration fine print

patl39
11/2/16

LivingSocial has gone downhill fast. This company used to honor bad deals from vendors that did not own up. I have been introduced to some very unprofessional businesses that did not get back to me. I was unable to use the deals. LivingSocial told me it was a problem between me and the vendor and that they strictly sold-ven though they introduced the relationship. in the past, they had excellent customer service and even took the time to reach out to the vendor in question. I was one of the first LivingSocial customers and have purchased for years. Now it's just tough, you lost the money and we are out. Customer service reads from some script saying that we're sorry but we are unable to get involved in the situation. The companies in question have collected the money and not provided the services. I am deleting LivingSocial app from my phone it will never purchase from them again.

normanc19
11/1/16

Lots of great deals. I like the food deals best. I get cash back for every purchase, too.

trudys4
11/1/16

Living Social is a great company (unlike it's competitor). They offer great deals that I love, all the time. I want to congratulate them on their return policy. Once in a while (not often), I realize I don't want an item that I purchase. They are unbelievable. Thank you Living Social, you are like Costco to me. If people aren't happy with their purchase, you take care of them. That means a lot to consumers. By the way, I tried to get my money back on a Groupon item I recently purchased and they actually fought me tooth and toenail bc they didn't want to return my money or even give me groupon bucks. What a crappy company.

rez76
10/26/16

I bought a coupon for a restaurant that has since closed - before I could use my voucher.
Living social denies any responsibility and will not refund my $63. Theft!

lisac244
10/24/16

Living Social has no customer service!!!! I could not contact their merchant, no call back, and could not schedule appointment - Living Social said I have to get my refund from the merchant that won't call me back!! They took my money, and will not refund or help in any way!!!! Groupon is soooo much better, and will still be around after Living Social goes out of business!!!!!!

eunices
10/24/16

Never been disappointed yet.

careene
10/21/16

I bought a voucher for laser spot treatment through #livingsocial and made my appointment before the expiration date.. the merchant had to reschedule my appointment and the new date was after the expiration date.... when I got to the appointment I was told I didn't qualify for the voucher so we called spent the 45 min appointment trying to contact the refund department only to be hung up... I called living social back later and spent another 45 min on hold and finally spoke with someone.. the employee stated that she had to follow up with the merchant before she could issue the refund...I spoke with the merchant and nobody from living social had contacted them... I tried calling LivingSocial, sat on hold for 30 min only to have the call disconnected... I tried sending them a facebook message and posted to their facebook page asking for an email address or an alternate phone number to get this resolved. I've not received a response. It wasn't until i filed a complaint with the better business bureau that i received a reply from them. The reply is "we will not refund your money, get it from the merchant". #livngsocial refuses to refund my money.

stalinv
10/13/16

I highly recommend Living Social

jessm59
10/12/16

LivingSocial and its deals are great until you have an issue and seek customer service. Unfortunately, this has been my experience over a half a dozen times in the past few years, so I don't think I've had a fluke experience. I honestly believe it's part of their business format.

This is the second time in about 5 years that I have attempted to take advantage of the Me + 3 Deal offered by LivingSocial. It's also the second time it hasn't worked. And the 2nd time that LivingSocial has tried to say "too bad" instead of recognizing the intent and assisting in resolving the issue.

To be fair, there was user error involved both times. The first time we tried, I was actually on a food tour of DC with a friend on a LivingSocial offer. While on the tour, we met another couple and started talking about a new LivingSocial deal for the tasting experience at Rogue 24. Despite being strangers up until that point, we decided to all go in on the deal together, to take advantage of the Me + 3 Deal on a LivingSocial deal that was still $100 at discount. The other couple used my link to purchase their deal, but purchased both of their deals together, not realizing it had to be 4 separate credit cards. I called LivingSocial immediately, was able to give them the purchaser names and purchase dates of all 4 purchases, and explained the situation. They pointed out the error, at which point I asked them if they could grant the deal anyway, or if we could transfer the funds for one of the deals to another credit card, but they refused. Their solution was to instead offer to refund us the deals altogether, and just have us not visit Rogue 24. Odd? I thought so. Instead of giving us 4 deals for the price of 3 ($300 total) under the Me + 3 Deal, they preferred to return all our money and keep $0. Lesson learned during this experience: make sure to ALWAYS use 4 credit cards to purchase the 4 deals.

Fast forward a few years, and a friend and I purchased a Skydiving Deal through LivingSocial ... again an expensive deal still at $159 at discount. My friend successfully purchased his deal using my personal email link (we had discussed doing this ahead of time in case we had other friends want to join us later so we could take advantage of the Me + 3) and I got the confirmation email. We purchased our deals in February 2016. It wasn't until June 2016 that we convinced two other friends to join us, primarily because we said that we could recoup some of the costs when a 4th person purchased the deal.

When the 3rd and 4th purchased their deals, I was concerned that I did not get the same confirmation email that they had purchased deals using my link, and I called LivingSocial a few days later to ask them about it. I made a point of calling immediately because I knew we had a 7 day window to request a refund on these deals if we were not going to receive the Me + 3 deal. When I spoke to the customer service representative, she said it can take up to 30 days to process the refund. I said that was fine, but did it also take up to 30 days to get the email confirmation that a friend had purchased their deal using my link, because I had received the first email confirmation back in February almost immediately, and here it had been 2-3 days already. She said yes, and to just wait 30 days. I expressed further concern that 30 days would put me outside my window of being able to do anything about it, and she reassured me the issue was just that it needed time to process.

Not surprisingly, the email confirmations never came, and never did the $159 discount. I called back in August, and attempted to email them. And called again on September 20.

The representative, Lauren, was polite throughout our call, but was providing me incorrect information. She kept claiming that after purchasing their deals, my friends would also have to "register" and after much back and forth of me asking her what they had to register for, she said a LivingSocial account. I told her that they all had LivingSocial accounts, and had all successfully purchased their SkyDiving deals using their LivingSocial accounts as I had all of their purchase dates AND voucher numbers. So I kindly told her she was mistaken and this was not the issue.

She then proceeded to assess the situation further and provide a new response, reading a comment that was apparently entered into my account from a previous call. I told her that the comment was incorrect and nobody had informed me they were entering such a comment, and again after much back and forth, she realized she was reviewing comments related to my first Me + 3 issue back in 2012 or 2013 (she told me the comments didn't have dates on them).

I finally interrupted and told her AGAIN that I was concerned the issue was that I had provided the wrong link to my friends, a link FROM LivingSocial in my email from LivingSocial, but varying slightly from another link in another email saying this is your personal link. She then agreed that yes, that was the issue, but that it was required that that link be used.

I reiterated that I understood that, but that was why I had called in June (June 7 I believe it was - I have it in my records) within 7 days of purchase so that, if we had made such an error, we could request a refund and either repurchase using the correct link, or just not have our 4th friend join us, as they could not afford the full $159 deal.

After some additional back and forth, Lauren asked me to send an email with the names, voucher numbers, purchase dates, and any other supporting documentation to their customer support email, and gave me a Case # to use as the Subject line when I submitted. I sent that email on September 20. And I still have not heard anything back by email, phone, or otherwise from LivingSocial.

I have spent over $3000 on LivingSocial deals over the past 4 years, and obviously enjoy many of the deals they offer. However, my experience with Customer Service has never been pleasant. As with other reviewers on this website who requested refunds after having trouble contacting vendors or being refused service by vendors, I have also faced a lot of pushback from LivingSocial in offering these refunds. And furthermore, when they do offer the refund finally, they always try to give me DealBucks instead.

If they are unable to resolve this latest Me +3 issue for me in a very timely manner, I, unfortunately, will be shutting down my LivingSocial account, and spreading the word to my friends encouraging them to do the same. Groupon, Travelzoo, and many other sites out there offer comparable deals and much better customer service. And after years working in the customer service industry myself, I appreciate and fully believe that customer service makes or breaks a business.

laurier24
10/11/16

Their are many things you can check out to do at a reasonably price. LivingSocial is where the Adventure starts.

jesseyh8
10/10/16

If you think of making money with living social think twice before they backstab 40 percent of your income.without helping or back you up befor ever asking your side of negative comments from clients that think they own your business because of a 42$rebate coupon.after they sold 1484 package.s.for me.I realized.I was screwed both ways.yes I made 54.568$but they also took 44.788 out of my business profit.after employees.payroll.product.and overhead.didn't leave a profit big anough to be proud of them.but I had a surprise for them,and actually thankful to telling them thank you groopon for my 1484 new members that have the same even a better deal dealing direct with my business insted of groopon they actually called me saying they weren't shur I wad allowed to do that.I simply told them.that sun up there shines for every one.that is the only way for your business to be profitable with groopon that is the secrets of voucher businesses that sells for you.4 year's later and 3889 members there always selling vouchers for me.and also living social.tuango.the more you have the more members you create for your business.you will never make money with groopon or any others voucher businesses.but you will when your members come back for more great services that you geven to them without the voucher but now with your membership card.BUT BEWARE OF INTERNET HACKING BUSINESSES LIKE the last one I delth with.so good luck to all business owner out there.dont hesitate emailing me for info and bewere of those sheep voucher client that think we owe them the biggest package when its a basic.lolll
Jessey eddy Hammond

10/9/16

good service

sandrao23
9/28/16

Have not found what I am looking for yet.

44 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LivingSocial staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question