Review of Kijiji

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

bongof
5/23/17

kijiji are slimy greedy stinking dogs and are effecting a low evil money grab for a paid listing service called admarket that does not warrant them pirating peoples credit cards

needt1
5/13/17

it used to be a great way to buy and sell with other locals, recycle / reuse and all that, now its 90% crappy business listings. I have given up, after years and dozens upon dozens of transactions. Too bad.

kijijiuserh
5/7/17

While looking for jobs in my area kijiji allows adds from the other side of canada. I tried to make this known to them but theres no way to contact them! The closest you get is a topic page that is an intentional dead end. Ebay has completely ruined this once useful site. Leave it to them to destroy everything they touch. Terrible

taraw50
5/4/17

Used to be great, but now this site is nothing but page after page of dealer ads and spam listings from fcuking eBay? Get real. I don't know anyone who uses Kijiji anymore. They've KILLED it for good in my opinion.

borns
4/8/17

Never pay to make your ad "urgent", it only lasts for 12 hours and you have low visibility again. Sell on Amazon and it will work out much better for you.

ianc76
3/18/17

Recently, in what I can only assume is a drive for increased advertising revenue, the sight floods you with irrevelant paid ads. You try to narrow a search to 5 KM from your home and get hundreds of paid ads from the same company with locations set for hundreds, sometimes even Thousands of KMs away.....time to start using Craig's List.

robertf175
3/18/17

I've used kijiji before. however, this time the area locator went to fredricton, new Brunswick. it made me believe that i changed the location to GTAt. after 2 weeks with my d@ck in my hand i found out wrong location. also, after spent money on ad! they would not do anything, about it! fustration.

leec73
3/8/17

Kijiji used to be amazing, but now they just let you waste huge amounts of your time making adds, and then try to charge you to post at the end. After 10 years I have stopped using their gougey service. Supposed to be free, but even posting a free service add coats 10$ now, same when I wanted to sell both my cars, the second one flags you as a car dealer and wont poat for you unless you pay.

morgand24
3/6/17

I used to love Kijiji.ca but they've clearly started to take a nosedive. Even their customer service is just God awful now compared to what it used to be. I've sent emails asking about site changes and they outright deny that any changes have happened, lol.
I guess the company must have gotten sold or is under new management or something because it's seriously just so so awful now.
Paid ads take up pages and pages. I have an ad blocker but it's no good for a site like that so I still see all the completely irrelevant ads. I'm looking for free used wood for crafts projects, oh, well all I have to do is scroll through 20 pages of stunning custom reclaimed wood furniture on sale for thousands of dollars. Yeah, definitely someone looking for free wood is going to be able to afford a piece of furniture for five grand! Augh!

kevinn44
3/6/17

I used Kijiji recently to sell few items. The problem is that my post went back to page 10 in few minutes and to page 50 in an hour. technically Kijiji is not a free service and certainly is not about the users, all about revenue. For local ads I use locobiz.com

blahb25
3/4/17

Why doesn't Kijiji police all the bullhsit ads?
I search for a honda generator and get ads for concrete vibrators.
Idiots.
I want to search all of Canada for a specific motorhome, it only lets me search one province at a time.
It used to be great, now it's a pile of sh1t.

susane72
3/3/17

When I first discovered Kijiji I loved it. I was able to find so many interesting, good quality things. Now it is a waste of my time to bother. Yes, there probably still are some great finds on the site but it will take you a month of Sundays to sort through all the commercial/businesses that use the site. They clog up the site by slightly rewording ads for the same basic thing....so annoying!! One example is used hotel furniture or the desk guy. Also every time you click to the next page you have to scroll down through a bunch of ads by paid, priority sellers (usually the over priced items). Too bad it was a really cool site, but those days are gone!

meowm1
2/25/17

Kijiji has sold out and they are "for profit" as of mid 2016 ! Advertisements everywhere, Companies/Dealers get priority posts, limitations on items being posted unless you register as a business and pay them! Companies are now spamming the site with hundreds of posts of the same items to promote said companies. They don't respect long time users that have built the company up. Kijiji.com is now a garbage money hungry company and there are better alternatives now. (LetGo, Carousell, etc)

stevem305
1/31/17

I use Kijiji every single day with great pleasure. Today I got a new phone so I downloaded Kijiji onto it. Yikes.....my beloved Kijiji is so different now. It's useless. I typed in "land for sale" and got only 9 listings and not all from my area. What the hell happened? So many commercial ads now there's barely room for private listings on my screen. All the info is missing from each private listing too. What stupid mental case designed this new Kijiji? It's not even useable.

jeffm163
1/7/17

They let tons of people post their limit of 8 ads without any issue.
I have 8 different ads and they still delete them and block my account.
You are best to stay away from this joke of a site!
There was a clown spamming my email as well and they do not do anything about it even though they agree he is breaking their code of conduct.
I do not recommend this site as you will not have a good experience.
kijiji does not care about small business! stay away!

vanceg15
1/2/17

In may of 2014 I tried to purchase an svhs vcr from a seller, but the guy hemmed and hawwed I had the cash with me I went to his office and he said that he had the machine there, but when I got there he was very rude and belligerent to me and he even threatened me with bodily harm. Of course he didn't have the vcr there. No stars for you kijijij

johns1575
12/29/16

After 7 years of consistent daily usage, I have now stopped using Kijiji altogether. Recent policy changes have caused the search results to be flooded irrelevant ads from commercial dealers (the exact thing I came to Kijiji to avoid in the first place). The "garage sale" atmosphere that made Kijiji so attractive has been completely destroyed and replaced with endless spam from overpriced professional dealers looking to recoup their advertising costs being charged by Kijiji's Admarkt scam. Kijiji is a waste of time now. I have since shifted my time to competing services instead (letgo, virage sale, craiglist, etc...). Bye bye Kijiji, you can stuff your BS new policies up your A-$-$

carlae10
12/27/16

This site used to be a great app for buying and selling, finding employment etc. Now you get nothing but adds from third parties. Private sellers paying to post adds only to have it barried in a matter of minutes due to third party adds like indeed, and dealers. Not user friendly, no longer cost effective...quite useless in my opinion.

jimmyn20
12/24/16

What is wrong with you guys I thought you should make things easier
You can't find what you need know.
Before it was so easy.
Idiots Ah ah

philc44
12/15/16

Im looking for a used truck seems if you live in Cambridge The Loan Arranger gets priority......yuk. I used to be able to filter out dealers but seens that feature is gone.

ans362
12/11/16

cant find anything on here! and all you get is adds that don't even match what u looking for! what happen to you Kijiji???

mel4578
12/9/16

Its like spam of endless so called partner ads, they aren't even relevant to the category - for example if I'm looking for a management job in one city, pages of ads from Indeed from across the country, or world for that matter make the relevant ads hard to find. Way to drive off viewer Kijiji!

johnd673
12/6/16

You guys are thiefs. You charged my wife's credit card for 150$ without any permission or her knowledge. She had to cancel credit card because of you. Lu CV kily she saw it on time and you haven't charged more. I'm so pissed off you f*****g scammers. I've heard it's not first time you did it. Hope someone will make you pay for it $#*!s.

rafir1
11/21/16

kijiji is horrible....... First there were many warning emails....that last offer auto post kijiji......I declined all.........then my ads were removed....spoke with kijiji service.....reinstated my account ...but same story even though I had 2 different ads for very different services......all 3 were deleted......it is pathetic...and BS.......rafiraza@yahoo.com

samt66
11/20/16

There have been improvements to customer service at Kijiji so I applaud them for that.

Recent changes to the Kijiji website make deleting an old ad and re-posting it an annoying, time consuming process when using Windows 10 or the latest version of iOS. Loading photos is SSSLLLLOOWWWW.....Using the app, as they recommend, is even slower.

3 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Kijiji staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
joeld17
Joel D.
on 4/20/15
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the Kijiji staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Kijiji