Review of Kijiji

richardl193
9/8/17

I've written numerous times to the Admin staff at Kijiji, to ask them to actually go in an look at the ads some of these idiots post online. If someone can't tell the difference between "Wanted" and "For Sale" do you really want to deal with them. I mean seriously, if you want to sell a table or other item, why do you put it in the "wanted" section. Idiots.
Kijiji is outdated now, and there are many better options available. Whomever they have operating their site should be fired immediately, and replaced with a 14 year old who actually knows how to build a functioning website. Trying to place an ad, or browse an ad is just too slow and time consuming now. I don't see this company operating much longer if they continuously ignore the concerns of their users. I agree, several years ago the site was much better; but now it's just tedious. They deserve to go under, and the idiots who work there should put in a resume at Starbucks.

janeb142
9/7/17

Kijiji is one of the worst websites to navigate. It is so slow. The page continuously needs to reload. It is so frustrating, that you give up. Way too many advertisers. Kijiji got greedy. People, stop placing ads on Kijiji and go to Craigslist. Easy and pleasurable to use. More filters. And no ads!

ja36891
9/6/17

Been trying to sell household goods. Haven't sold a thing in months. Nothing but time wasters on Kijiji. I only use Varagesale now. Kijiji is a useless for a busy person who values time.

russe778
8/30/17

Kijiji used to be fast and easy to navigate. Lately its website is almost unusable! Extremely slow with constant redirects to ad pages you don't want. What good is it if you can't browse easily on it to find what you want?

anons4
8/26/17

Been trying to sell some quality stuff for awhile now. I keep getting replies from people who are interested in buying, but then flake out the day of the meetup, happened 3 weeks in a row from different people. Its often people using different alias's but try to slowly ask for lower prices each time. Its always been a chore trying to sell things on kijiji in general.

Complete waste of time.

amidr
8/8/17

I've never seen a website decline as quickly as Kijiji has over the last 12 months. Its a ghost site now... all the buyers have been driven away by endless ads and scam artists..... lol... Exactly what happen to ebay.

laceys18
7/31/17

It`s crazy how these people are forcing adverts on us..making it extremely "unfriendly" and annoying. STOP IT ALREADY.

ricks144
7/29/17

Facebook advertising has driven tons of traffic on the same ad that Kijiji has driven ZERO and Facebook is cheaper! Kijiji just plain SUCKS!

johnnyw33
7/21/17

used to be a community driven site where people bought and sold used stuff, now it's just about how much money kijiji (Ebay) can make.

mohameda94
7/17/17

I ask about flat in Monte rial Canada 1,5 room " studio"
my name mohamed bela from Egypt i ,ll take this flat for 3 month
i am 33 years i am engineer my wife is doctor
my e mil belalshosha@yahoo .com

maryses
7/7/17

I rarely get any responses from my ads except from scammers. The site keeps sending me spamming emails to upgrade and promote my ad for a fee. The whole thing is a waste of time.

murrayh23
6/17/17

Kijiji !!!. Mostly a huge waste of time. Ive tryed many times to post a simple ad on there. But yet, it will not even show up in my kijiji after submitting it, It will be not recored, looked at or even pend at all.l. It never once posted my ad :@
I also emailed them to let them know what was happening. Never got one reply back.
USELESS SITE!!!!!!!

angelar108
6/15/17

The previous reviewer said that 95% were sincere potential buyers and 5% were trollers/fishers. I think it's the other way around. Had a car for sale - 18 0f 20 replies were all the same, "tell me more about the car". I don't get what they want. My email address? my phone number? it certainly wasn't the car.

willj19
6/9/17

Maybe 95% of the buyers on Kijiji are legitimate buyers. The other 5% are just morons with a computer who send out e-mail junk. They ask questions, make offers and then never show. Entertainment site for scammers and jerks

miket182
6/8/17

Kijiji is a wasteland of fraud and scams. don't even bother listing your items here because it doesn't sell. they are desperate to send the traffic to business customers who are selling off lease junk or same item as individuals at a considerable markup. don't bother buying either, any good deal is scooped up by resellers within minutes of listing. I listed some popular items and got 3 emails within 45 mins and thought it was
going to sell, it turned out to be all resellers who sit and refresh every second and make offers and excuses. Ebay totally ruined the classified ads space in Canada and has replaced it with the lowest end small businesses who just upload their database of irrelevant or overpriced products. Both the buying and selling have been destroyed slowly over the last year with all the negative changes.

The site quality was reduced so much that the honest buyers and sellers fled and the left overs are the degenerates. This has also shown in the no-shows. there was always no shows like 1 in 10 but now I'm seeing as much as 3 people in a row flake out, change their mind or in some cases don't even reply after a no show. Don't forget the rampant fraud and scams, now that the scammers email is masked by kijiji you never know who you're replying to. its all scammers fishing for phone numbers and personal info. Waste of time and I'm back to listing all my good deals on craigslist and the garbage on kijiji.

johnd780
5/30/17

Made this account just to review this; I'm anonymous.
I used to love Kijiji back in the good ol' days (2012-2014). Now, they've a) Ruined the site layout, b) Gone full greedy (understandable due to AdBlock and paying employees), and finally, c) Complete garbage customer service. They treat you like a child (if they even ever get back to you); I was told my 'situation would be resolved very shortly, and numerous times they got back to me, they told me something like 'Sorry, we can't do this, our tech managers are unable to' - complete B.S.
Goodbye Kijiji; moving to LetGo, I recommend you do the same.
P.S. There are tons of scammers and pedos/creeps on Kijiji. Be aware.

williamd148
5/26/17

WHY DO THEY NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Tip for consumers: THEY SUCK

bongof
5/23/17

kijiji are slimy greedy stinking dogs and are effecting a low evil money grab for a paid listing service called admarket that does not warrant them pirating peoples credit cards

needt1
5/13/17

it used to be a great way to buy and sell with other locals, recycle / reuse and all that, now its 90% crappy business listings. I have given up, after years and dozens upon dozens of transactions. Too bad.

kijijiuserh
5/7/17

While looking for jobs in my area kijiji allows adds from the other side of canada. I tried to make this known to them but theres no way to contact them! The closest you get is a topic page that is an intentional dead end. Ebay has completely ruined this once useful site. Leave it to them to destroy everything they touch. Terrible

taraw50
5/4/17

Used to be great, but now this site is nothing but page after page of dealer ads and spam listings from fcuking eBay? Get real. I don't know anyone who uses Kijiji anymore. They've KILLED it for good in my opinion.

borns
4/8/17

Never pay to make your ad "urgent", it only lasts for 12 hours and you have low visibility again. Sell on Amazon and it will work out much better for you.

ianc76
3/18/17

Recently, in what I can only assume is a drive for increased advertising revenue, the sight floods you with irrevelant paid ads. You try to narrow a search to 5 KM from your home and get hundreds of paid ads from the same company with locations set for hundreds, sometimes even Thousands of KMs away.....time to start using Craig's List.

robertf175
3/18/17

I've used kijiji before. however, this time the area locator went to fredricton, new Brunswick. it made me believe that i changed the location to GTAt. after 2 weeks with my d@ck in my hand i found out wrong location. also, after spent money on ad! they would not do anything, about it! fustration.

leec73
3/8/17

Kijiji used to be amazing, but now they just let you waste huge amounts of your time making adds, and then try to charge you to post at the end. After 10 years I have stopped using their gougey service. Supposed to be free, but even posting a free service add coats 10$ now, same when I wanted to sell both my cars, the second one flags you as a car dealer and wont poat for you unless you pay.

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Turn The Modem And Computers Off For At Least 3 Minutes. This May Help Assign A New IP. Visit: www.XPrix.com And Post There. Be Sure To Tell A Friend About www.XPrix.com

By Sean M. on 6/14/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Kijiji staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Kijiji