US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

rafir1
11/21/16

kijiji is horrible....... First there were many warning emails....that last offer auto post kijiji......I declined all.........then my ads were removed....spoke with kijiji service.....reinstated my account ...but same story even though I had 2 different ads for very different services......all 3 were deleted......it is pathetic...and BS.......rafiraza@yahoo.com

samt66
11/20/16

There have been improvements to customer service at Kijiji so I applaud them for that.

Recent changes to the Kijiji website make deleting an old ad and re-posting it an annoying, time consuming process when using Windows 10 or the latest version of iOS. Loading photos is SSSLLLLOOWWWW.....Using the app, as they recommend, is even slower.

bille32
11/14/16

i just can't believe how polluted with ads this site has become. the best part used to be how user friendly it was but now it's hard to even search for items in your own area!! deleted the app and will never return to the site...such a shame as it was great once
rated a 1 because there is no negative number...

charlenec17
11/12/16

You have made a HORRIBLE MESS of a sight that for a long time was GREAT. If you wanted to charge a fee you could have found a more effective way to do this. This sight is absurd! I would not sell a dead fish on here, go back to the way it use to be. Now I have to use Oodle,,, I would never use your sight, it is a total disaster!!!!!!

carlog9
11/3/16

I advertised my items in the admarkt area of kijiji and you have to put a minimum of $4 on a $10 item and pay per hit and all this other bs... and you don't see what is happening day to day with the things you posted. I have less than 50 items posted... I get hit with almost $350 in one month... REALLY! Most calls I received were from people in Nigeria asking me to use Western Union to send them money to send the things through freight to their house as they are in the military and other BS scams. So, admarkt, kijiji and their friends in Nigeria and India and elsewhere are the ones who are loving to take advantage of us. The vulnerable who are trying to make an honest extra buck to pay bills

katherinee9
10/28/16

I have learned a few things to watch out for. Don't meet after hours (dark) never ever send cash or a chech without receiving ur goods. If the Deal Sounds to go to be true it's more than likely a Scam, just B careful and aware Not everyone is as honest as U are!! Now on a positive Note I have bought some VERY Cool unique stuff,and sola items as well on Kijiji they have everything from diamonds to baby-sitters awesome variety. It's also buyer beware as Kijiji usi NOT in anyway responsible for anything from stuff bought,sold to theft should it occur. Just be SMART,safe with UR purchasing.

marys408
10/13/16

SPAM SPAM SPAM... New changes have made the site completely unusable.

If you're not paying them for the "premium" ad space then your regular ads get erased or buried behind a wall of paid spam ads that pop up over and over and over. Flagging a spam ad now requires an email address, adding another layer of protection for Kijiji's little Ponzi scheme. Unbelievable money grubbing. The app is even worse.

Since August, my time spent browsing Kijiji has dropped by about 90%

fredi17
10/9/16

now kijiji push people to pay if not you are out ,they delete your adds for no reason and those who pay their adds let them to put adds everywhere doesnt matter categories....most peolple doing busness or adding their services are mad soooo mad ,this is the end of kijiji,as much as we are we can change things ,there are lot of similar web sites .

tl95
10/8/16

New face lift is plagued with problems with different browsers. Can no longer renew multiple ads and must be done one at a time. Cannot see price listing of your own ads in your profile. The ad limit changes along with their partnership with Admarkt is a pure money grabbing scheme. Seriously, pay per click? Nothing more than a pyramid Ponzi scam where Kijiji feeds off the top. Come on! And still the lack of proper response to deal with all the rudeness and at times, the borderline criminal harassment from other users is just ridiculous. How hard is it to record an IP address and permanently ban that person even if they wish to create a new account. Seriously, come on! Use to be wonderful. Now, greed has clearly gotten in the way. Shame on them. Nothing free about Kijiji anymore.

hectorm30
9/30/16

I've had an add running with Kijiji, Calgary, Alberta, for over three years. My ad was for my services. I've never had any problems accessing my account using the google web browser until six weeks ago. I can no longer sign into my account. I've sent many emails to Kijij in attempts to have them fix the problem. Their response is the google web browser is the problem and for me to download their web browser. This tells me that they made changes that is affecting my access to my Kijiji account. I keep telling them to fix the problem, as I have no problems with the google web browser except when trying to access my Kijiji account.

steveg126
9/30/16

Pictures too big. Can't get messages can't buy anything. Can't sell anything Wtf
Rating is a $#*!ing zero b.c. you guys suck

annetted20
9/22/16

This morning I went to Kijiji to see what mobile homes are for sale in my area. There were 17 listings. 3 were for cars, another 3 for tablets and 1 for pets, which turned out to be an aquarium. Also a couple electronic things which I didn't bother to look at. I have also on occasion had a few items to sell, so I would look under Wanted in case someone was looking for what I had. Most of what I found were people Wanting to sell theirs. It appears to me that no one actually owns/runs/monitors Kijiji or they wouldn't have let it become the mess it is. I see no reason to go back.

pattig8
9/9/16

Kijii provides a means for illegal, unethical animal vendors to rip off the public and abuse pets. Puppy and kitten mills, dog fighters looking for bait dogs, fake "rescues" looking for free pets to feed to reptiles, irresponsible breeders selling pets too young to be taken from their mothers, fraud artists selling non-existent animals - all of them profit from ads carried by Kijiji. Without Kijiji's assistance none of these criminals would be in business. They have "pet policies" which they claim are intended to weed out animal abusers and fraud artists, however, when an ad that violates their policies is flagged, they refuse to take down the ad or take any action against the seller. Clearly these "policies" are nothing but window dressing to protect them from criminal liability, despite their own criminal behaviour. Contacting their customer service to complain is a waste of time. All you get is a patronizing form letter telling you how to file a complaint.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy or sell animals on Kijiji, you are just helping them and their criminal sellers to profit from the misery of abused animals!

antonioc56
8/14/16

I have responded to over 15 different job opportunities part time and temporary. There has been no response back from anyone!

brunop17
8/1/16

STAY AWAY FROM HIM...
An absolute nightmare. Speaks very politely when you respond to the ad.
Comes on site with absolutely nothing. In a very bad mood. Didn't smile. No extra effort to do anything.
Doodled away the day. I could have done much more. Took multiple cigarette breaks and yet more to check his phone.
Left the place in a mess. Asked to clean up. He refused. I just paid and let him go. Didn't want to waste my breath on him.

peterl26
8/1/16

I have repeatedly listed ads for employment. Nobody ever responds to Kijij ads. I get better response form Craig's List. Why?

jayp76
7/26/16

my ad was blocked no explanation.

jeffc106
7/12/16

The Kijiji site was a nice usable site up until recently. The changes to the mobile sit have made it all but useless. I have many complaints. The mobile site is now very slow to load up each page as it gets bogged down loading advertising. The search feature has a strange issue that should really be fixed. I did like the site and visited often but not so much anymore, at least not from a mobile device.

fuckyouf1
6/21/16

Recent changes to Kijiji.ca such as the repeated "feature" ads at the tops of pages (if I visit 5 consecutive pages, I don't need to see the same item at the top of each page again and again) and the volume of "featured" ad now being displayed (I have counted as many as 10 on each page at times) means scrolling halfway to the bottom of the page to see the items I have searched for is absurd.

Today, it appears it is now a requirement to log-in/register to see a sellers username and phone number- I did not go to Kijiji looking for things to purchase so Kijiji can farm my data.

It would appear Kijiji.ca has forgotten that its actual audience is the buyers- if no one is going there looking for products, sellers won't be selling anything and anyone paying for a "feature" ad will be throwing their money away (more so than they are already).

I hope another competitor shows up in Canada, soon- perhaps a return of the old paper sources such as "Bargain Hunter" and "Tri-Ad" in digital format.

Ask $#*!you about Kijiji
alexl105
5/27/16

I can't believe they changed the website was and not its garbage !! Will not use kijiji again

gg65
5/26/16

DUPLICATED Ads Annoying
You can report these to Kijiji but with no avail
Seems the policies only apply to a few
Find the site has gone down hill,and hope that another site upcoming to take it place so as to have a site like it was in the beginning before it got bought

jeffk76
5/25/16

Kijiji's ad structure is such that only complete loons use the site. As a result, the sellers are all rude and you'll be flooded with emails of people wanting something for nothing if you are a seller, because Kijiji offers no seller or buyer rating system. Terrible beyond measure in every respect.

Tip for consumers: People without ratings and feedback are, unfortunately, not worth the bother.

moniques18
4/23/16

I absolutely recommend going to Eddie's Auto Sales! Their customer service is second to none and always pleasant and professional. I have had two great experiences with them and will continue to give them my business in the future. Marvin Saleh is awesome! I would send my friends and family here without hesitation :)

roberth237
3/24/16

THIS is the worst that I have ever had to deal with I have tried 6 times and my wife also tried several times with out success.I believe they should get new management to devise an easier way to do this or sell out to some one who knows how to make this better

marshac15
3/11/16

Worst service every, save yourself the trouble and spend you money else where..sales person rush you in to making purchases and if you change your made that refuse to give back your deposit or allow you to put the towards the purchase of another item..THIEFS!!!!!! You a are better off going to Leon's or the brick where the service is much better for your money!!!! Very rude unreasonal staff..would never shop there again not even if items were selling for a penny!!!

3 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Kijiji staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question