US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

antonioc56
8/14/16

I have responded to over 15 different job opportunities part time and temporary. There has been no response back from anyone!

brunop17
8/1/16

STAY AWAY FROM HIM...
An absolute nightmare. Speaks very politely when you respond to the ad.
Comes on site with absolutely nothing. In a very bad mood. Didn't smile. No extra effort to do anything.
Doodled away the day. I could have done much more. Took multiple cigarette breaks and yet more to check his phone.
Left the place in a mess. Asked to clean up. He refused. I just paid and let him go. Didn't want to waste my breath on him.

peterl26
8/1/16

I have repeatedly listed ads for employment. Nobody ever responds to Kijij ads. I get better response form Craig's List. Why?

jayp76
7/26/16

my ad was blocked no explanation.

jeffc106
7/12/16

The Kijiji site was a nice usable site up until recently. The changes to the mobile sit have made it all but useless. I have many complaints. The mobile site is now very slow to load up each page as it gets bogged down loading advertising. The search feature has a strange issue that should really be fixed. I did like the site and visited often but not so much anymore, at least not from a mobile device.

fuckyouf1
6/21/16

Recent changes to Kijiji.ca such as the repeated "feature" ads at the tops of pages (if I visit 5 consecutive pages, I don't need to see the same item at the top of each page again and again) and the volume of "featured" ad now being displayed (I have counted as many as 10 on each page at times) means scrolling halfway to the bottom of the page to see the items I have searched for is absurd.

Today, it appears it is now a requirement to log-in/register to see a sellers username and phone number- I did not go to Kijiji looking for things to purchase so Kijiji can farm my data.

It would appear Kijiji.ca has forgotten that its actual audience is the buyers- if no one is going there looking for products, sellers won't be selling anything and anyone paying for a "feature" ad will be throwing their money away (more so than they are already).

I hope another competitor shows up in Canada, soon- perhaps a return of the old paper sources such as "Bargain Hunter" and "Tri-Ad" in digital format.

Ask $#*!you about Kijiji.ca
alexl105
5/27/16

I can't believe they changed the website was and not its garbage !! Will not use kijiji again

gg65
5/26/16

DUPLICATED Ads Annoying
You can report these to Kijiji but with no avail
Seems the policies only apply to a few
Find the site has gone down hill,and hope that another site upcoming to take it place so as to have a site like it was in the beginning before it got bought

jeffk76
5/25/16

Kijiji's ad structure is such that only complete loons use the site. As a result, the sellers are all rude and you'll be flooded with emails of people wanting something for nothing if you are a seller, because Kijiji offers no seller or buyer rating system. Terrible beyond measure in every respect.

Tip for consumers: People without ratings and feedback are, unfortunately, not worth the bother.

moniques18
4/23/16

I absolutely recommend going to Eddie's Auto Sales! Their customer service is second to none and always pleasant and professional. I have had two great experiences with them and will continue to give them my business in the future. Marvin Saleh is awesome! I would send my friends and family here without hesitation :)

roberth237
3/24/16

THIS is the worst that I have ever had to deal with I have tried 6 times and my wife also tried several times with out success.I believe they should get new management to devise an easier way to do this or sell out to some one who knows how to make this better

marshac15
3/11/16

Worst service every, save yourself the trouble and spend you money else where..sales person rush you in to making purchases and if you change your made that refuse to give back your deposit or allow you to put the towards the purchase of another item..THIEFS!!!!!! You a are better off going to Leon's or the brick where the service is much better for your money!!!! Very rude unreasonal staff..would never shop there again not even if items were selling for a penny!!!

svitlanai
3/2/16

really bad service-no more kijiji

seanl37
2/11/16

I've used Kijiji since 2006 never had an issue.Today I reposted an ad and deleted my old one.Checked at noon and they deleted my new ad.I tried countless times to repost when I got home from work and to no avail I was denied.Contacted their support desk through chat and the woman said I had unethical business practices and should advertise elsewhere! Then she logged off so I couldn't even ask what the issue was.Really? I have no idea what the issue is .It was a private ad trying to sell my travel trailer and nothing more.

richardc152
2/6/16

So I put up a Qricket add didn't know it was prohibited with kijiji. Although there was a add there that I inquired why that add was allowed to stay up. I messaged the person with the Qricket add... No response. Then the Kijiji agent started deleting my adds. I then realized that it was the employees eraseing other Qricket adds to put up his own Qricket add to get money for the referrals. When I went to inquire they then took the add down quickly. I was telling them about the inquaity in the management off the adds they didn't reply untill the truth was uncovered. Ali shame on you

brucem78
2/2/16

I have had mixed results using Kijiji. I successfully and quickly sold a chair several years ago, but could not sell other furniture as there appeared to be many similar ads. More recently I was the victim of a scammer who sold me a stolen modem which my internet service provider of course refused to allow me to use. So, no harm in trying to sell stuff - word your ad carefully and accurately. But buying things for cash is risky, particularly electronics.

bonds
12/27/15

This individual is excellent with pets. Treats them as tho they were her own. Also, leaves your home very clean. My pets always get excited when they meet this person. Would definitely recommend!!! You will be very satisfied.

robp27
12/20/15

I have tried to navigate Kijiji.ca over the last week and found it to be one of the slowest sites on that I have used. My hope is that a new service is developed soon!

madisonl13
12/10/15

Kijiji is by far the worst site I've used to advertise, sell and buy anything from! I posted various ads to get the word out about my new services, and they deleted all of them as they were apparently identical. Then, after they deleted nearly all my ads, I checked them and NONE were even close to identical. So I sent in a complaint and thy did nothing to help me. They were unjustified and I am unsatisfied. AWFUL SITE!!!

ruberd
11/13/15

Site seems lost and getting worse. Same used products reappearing page after page after page make surfing a miserable experience. Search relevance is completely absent lately. Far too many "businesses" appearing in search results.

There's more but I'm done. Moving on to find the new better.

haid12
11/12/15

They used to be ok but not anymore.
I placed some ads with Kijiji looking for dancers for an outdoor event.
Kijiji deleted my ads for prohibited reason.
When contacted, for them, the wording "dancers" is associated with sexual activities, thus the ads violated their policies. And talking to those uneducated people did not go anywhere.

Come on, at least have a decency to hire people that at least understand English, or have certain education degree.

Just unbelievable!! I should give "no star" but there isn't an option.

sharifb
10/19/15

I had recently posted an ad in different region on Kijiji and I paid for it to have them on the top. Kijiji moved the ad to a category of their choice and reduced my visibility options. I contacted them on their chat line, and the rep was telling me over and over again that your ads are in the right category. B.S. If I want to advertise in a newspaper or magazine, I tell them where I want it, because that is where I think I get most of the his. If there is something wrong with the ad, it is misleading or inappropriate I understand. I requested a refund and I was told again that the ads were in the right category. The worst thing, the rep named, Casey closed the chat line before I could explain to her my concern. Think twice before you post on Kijiji.

amandad42
10/17/15

Kijiji used to be an awesome site , where it was easy to sell and buy stuff off of. Now they're blocking people all over the place. They won't allow me or any of the people I know post anything, and if that should happen and by some kind of miracle they would allow it , it would be removed in a matter of hours. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE SITE!!!

abe555
8/31/15

They recent update forces you to pay for an ad. They're already getting ad views from the fact that i'm using their website, but no they want more. $#*! that. $#*! them.

ians57
8/26/15

I posted an ad to rent my house. I filled out all the "mandatory" portions and explained my house. Then it was deleted. I reposted with a bit more information, but I was perplexed as to why my previous ad was deleted. My second post was deleted again. So I asked the customer service, what was wrong with my ad. Then they said I had to put:
Accurate monthly rent/price
Location of house/apartment
Type of apartment; basement, low rise/high rise (include floor number)
Whether the unit is furnished or unfurnished
Images of the inside of the unit
Date the unit is available
Whether or not utilities are included in rent; if so, specify which utilities are included.

The entire address or my phone number was not a part of "mandatory" information. Also I did indicated it was unfurnished by clicking options.

Anyway, I added more information. Yet again it was deleted. This time, they said I should have included:
- What is the price/rent? Does rent include hydro, gas, or any other amenities?
- Contact name and number.
- Length of lease.
- Policy on pets.
- Clear images of the space.
- The address or general location of the unit.
- What floor is this unit on?
- Is there any outdoor space?
- How many appliances are included?
- Any relevant information regarding the condition.
- How many rental references are required?

Bunch of BS! Some of the abovementioned suggestions were not made previously (such as "how many appliances are included"). In addition, I have my phone number filled out in the mandatory section. Why do I need to repeat it in my Description???

I thought they were just trying to frustrate me so that I would pay money to post ads. But after reading other unsatisfied users who had paid ads and yet got their ads deleted, I guess Kijiji is just a very unhelpful site.

3 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Kijiji.ca staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question