Review of Kijiji

johnnyw33
7/21/17

used to be a community driven site where people bought and sold used stuff, now it's just about how much money kijiji (Ebay) can make.

mohameda94
7/17/17

I ask about flat in Monte rial Canada 1,5 room " studio"
my name mohamed bela from Egypt i ,ll take this flat for 3 month
i am 33 years i am engineer my wife is doctor
my e mil belalshosha@yahoo .com

maryses
7/7/17

I rarely get any responses from my ads except from scammers. The site keeps sending me spamming emails to upgrade and promote my ad for a fee. The whole thing is a waste of time.

murrayh23
6/17/17

Kijiji !!!. Mostly a huge waste of time. Ive tryed many times to post a simple ad on there. But yet, it will not even show up in my kijiji after submitting it, It will be not recored, looked at or even pend at all.l. It never once posted my ad :@
I also emailed them to let them know what was happening. Never got one reply back.
USELESS SITE!!!!!!!

angelar108
6/15/17

The previous reviewer said that 95% were sincere potential buyers and 5% were trollers/fishers. I think it's the other way around. Had a car for sale - 18 0f 20 replies were all the same, "tell me more about the car". I don't get what they want. My email address? my phone number? it certainly wasn't the car.

willj19
6/9/17

Maybe 95% of the buyers on Kijiji are legitimate buyers. The other 5% are just morons with a computer who send out e-mail junk. They ask questions, make offers and then never show. Entertainment site for scammers and jerks

miket182
6/8/17

Kijiji is a wasteland of fraud and scams. don't even bother listing your items here because it doesn't sell. they are desperate to send the traffic to business customers who are selling off lease junk or same item as individuals at a considerable markup. don't bother buying either, any good deal is scooped up by resellers within minutes of listing. I listed some popular items and got 3 emails within 45 mins and thought it was
going to sell, it turned out to be all resellers who sit and refresh every second and make offers and excuses. Ebay totally ruined the classified ads space in Canada and has replaced it with the lowest end small businesses who just upload their database of irrelevant or overpriced products. Both the buying and selling have been destroyed slowly over the last year with all the negative changes.

The site quality was reduced so much that the honest buyers and sellers fled and the left overs are the degenerates. This has also shown in the no-shows. there was always no shows like 1 in 10 but now I'm seeing as much as 3 people in a row flake out, change their mind or in some cases don't even reply after a no show. Don't forget the rampant fraud and scams, now that the scammers email is masked by kijiji you never know who you're replying to. its all scammers fishing for phone numbers and personal info. Waste of time and I'm back to listing all my good deals on craigslist and the garbage on kijiji.

johnd780
5/30/17

Made this account just to review this; I'm anonymous.
I used to love Kijiji back in the good ol' days (2012-2014). Now, they've a) Ruined the site layout, b) Gone full greedy (understandable due to AdBlock and paying employees), and finally, c) Complete garbage customer service. They treat you like a child (if they even ever get back to you); I was told my 'situation would be resolved very shortly, and numerous times they got back to me, they told me something like 'Sorry, we can't do this, our tech managers are unable to' - complete B.S.
Goodbye Kijiji; moving to LetGo, I recommend you do the same.
P.S. There are tons of scammers and pedos/creeps on Kijiji. Be aware.

williamd148
5/26/17

WHY DO THEY NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Tip for consumers: THEY SUCK

bongof
5/23/17

kijiji are slimy greedy stinking dogs and are effecting a low evil money grab for a paid listing service called admarket that does not warrant them pirating peoples credit cards

needt1
5/13/17

it used to be a great way to buy and sell with other locals, recycle / reuse and all that, now its 90% crappy business listings. I have given up, after years and dozens upon dozens of transactions. Too bad.

kijijiuserh
5/7/17

While looking for jobs in my area kijiji allows adds from the other side of canada. I tried to make this known to them but theres no way to contact them! The closest you get is a topic page that is an intentional dead end. Ebay has completely ruined this once useful site. Leave it to them to destroy everything they touch. Terrible

taraw50
5/4/17

Used to be great, but now this site is nothing but page after page of dealer ads and spam listings from fcuking eBay? Get real. I don't know anyone who uses Kijiji anymore. They've KILLED it for good in my opinion.

borns
4/8/17

Never pay to make your ad "urgent", it only lasts for 12 hours and you have low visibility again. Sell on Amazon and it will work out much better for you.

ianc76
3/18/17

Recently, in what I can only assume is a drive for increased advertising revenue, the sight floods you with irrevelant paid ads. You try to narrow a search to 5 KM from your home and get hundreds of paid ads from the same company with locations set for hundreds, sometimes even Thousands of KMs away.....time to start using Craig's List.

robertf175
3/18/17

I've used kijiji before. however, this time the area locator went to fredricton, new Brunswick. it made me believe that i changed the location to GTAt. after 2 weeks with my d@ck in my hand i found out wrong location. also, after spent money on ad! they would not do anything, about it! fustration.

leec73
3/8/17

Kijiji used to be amazing, but now they just let you waste huge amounts of your time making adds, and then try to charge you to post at the end. After 10 years I have stopped using their gougey service. Supposed to be free, but even posting a free service add coats 10$ now, same when I wanted to sell both my cars, the second one flags you as a car dealer and wont poat for you unless you pay.

morgand24
3/6/17

I used to love Kijiji.ca but they've clearly started to take a nosedive. Even their customer service is just God awful now compared to what it used to be. I've sent emails asking about site changes and they outright deny that any changes have happened, lol.
I guess the company must have gotten sold or is under new management or something because it's seriously just so so awful now.
Paid ads take up pages and pages. I have an ad blocker but it's no good for a site like that so I still see all the completely irrelevant ads. I'm looking for free used wood for crafts projects, oh, well all I have to do is scroll through 20 pages of stunning custom reclaimed wood furniture on sale for thousands of dollars. Yeah, definitely someone looking for free wood is going to be able to afford a piece of furniture for five grand! Augh!

kevinn44
3/6/17

I used Kijiji recently to sell few items. The problem is that my post went back to page 10 in few minutes and to page 50 in an hour. technically Kijiji is not a free service and certainly is not about the users, all about revenue. For local ads I use locobiz.com

blahb25
3/4/17

Why doesn't Kijiji police all the bullhsit ads?
I search for a honda generator and get ads for concrete vibrators.
Idiots.
I want to search all of Canada for a specific motorhome, it only lets me search one province at a time.
It used to be great, now it's a pile of sh1t.

susane72
3/3/17

When I first discovered Kijiji I loved it. I was able to find so many interesting, good quality things. Now it is a waste of my time to bother. Yes, there probably still are some great finds on the site but it will take you a month of Sundays to sort through all the commercial/businesses that use the site. They clog up the site by slightly rewording ads for the same basic thing....so annoying!! One example is used hotel furniture or the desk guy. Also every time you click to the next page you have to scroll down through a bunch of ads by paid, priority sellers (usually the over priced items). Too bad it was a really cool site, but those days are gone!

meowm1
2/25/17

Kijiji has sold out and they are "for profit" as of mid 2016 ! Advertisements everywhere, Companies/Dealers get priority posts, limitations on items being posted unless you register as a business and pay them! Companies are now spamming the site with hundreds of posts of the same items to promote said companies. They don't respect long time users that have built the company up. Kijiji.com is now a garbage money hungry company and there are better alternatives now. (LetGo, Carousell, etc)

stevem305
1/31/17

I use Kijiji every single day with great pleasure. Today I got a new phone so I downloaded Kijiji onto it. Yikes.....my beloved Kijiji is so different now. It's useless. I typed in "land for sale" and got only 9 listings and not all from my area. What the hell happened? So many commercial ads now there's barely room for private listings on my screen. All the info is missing from each private listing too. What stupid mental case designed this new Kijiji? It's not even useable.

jeffm163
1/7/17

They let tons of people post their limit of 8 ads without any issue.
I have 8 different ads and they still delete them and block my account.
You are best to stay away from this joke of a site!
There was a clown spamming my email as well and they do not do anything about it even though they agree he is breaking their code of conduct.
I do not recommend this site as you will not have a good experience.
kijiji does not care about small business! stay away!

vanceg15
1/2/17

In may of 2014 I tried to purchase an svhs vcr from a seller, but the guy hemmed and hawwed I had the cash with me I went to his office and he said that he had the machine there, but when I got there he was very rude and belligerent to me and he even threatened me with bodily harm. Of course he didn't have the vcr there. No stars for you kijijij

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Turn The Modem And Computers Off For At Least 3 Minutes. This May Help Assign A New IP. Visit: www.XPrix.com And Post There. Be Sure To Tell A Friend About www.XPrix.com

By Sean M. on 6/14/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Kijiji staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Kijiji