Kijiji

Better Business Bureau
1 / 5
Reviews.io
1.7 / 5

Kijiji has a consumer rating of 1.29 stars from 311 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Kijiji most frequently mention customer service, live chat and post ads problems. Kijiji ranks 108th among Classifieds sites.

No positive highlights yet

• So I asked the customer service, what was wrong with my ad.
  • Kijiji decided to add a review system due to high demand.
How would you rate Kijiji?

“Make sure that you really want what you buy”

Nancy R.
2/19/18

Kijiji is not the issue i love it, but the people that buy need to do learn how it work. Like i sold a womens winter jacket to a man for is wife, i come without is wife to buy the jacket then 2 hours later i call me back to get is money back because it to small for is wife. Now is pis that i wont take it back. It not my responsibility to make sure it the good size for her. When you by use clothes from a privates u better make sure it goin to fit, if it doesn't it not the seller faults and as soon as you live whit what you buy it yours.

“Can't post after being with kijiji for years”

John W.
11/13/20

I don't know what going on with this company. From scammers calling me to not being able to post. Try reaching them... it's impossible. Only once did i manage to text them and was cut off twice. You can't even delete your account only change your email. This is a scam site. Report to Apple or wherever you get there app from. BEWARE. Something fishy is going in

customer service (18) review system (10)
johnw3357
November 13th, 2020

johnc4256
February 18th, 2020

I have been posting items on Kijiji for almost a decade. Over the last year or so it has been really bad. I now receive 80% replies that are scammers, trying to send me cheques from New York, Toronto, Vancouver and on and on. I have even had replies saying sorry my accountant made a mistake and sent you a cheque for $4500. 00 (when the item was $1500. 00) and to give them my home address so some one can pick up the item and the remaining $2000. 00. I now receive many replies with the so-called buyer wanting my personal email. Kijiji just keeps getting worse.

jeffp463
April 5th, 2020

I've registered a few months ago, and have sold a few items. I've been prank replied to some of my ads, but have sold a few items. Kijiji itself is a decent site-They even provide ten free ads, which is great; However, if the pranksters are many and they prank a lot, this a big problem and hurts the site badly.

There are also people who contact a seller, but then suddenly stop replying.

A recent bad experience, was a seller who sold me a faulty item. I tried calling the police (as advised by Kijiji), but I was told they don't deal with monetary issues. I was told I'd have to call a lawyer. Therefore, buying expensive items is a bad idea.

fuckk2
January 9th, 2021

Its not an exaggeration to say that I HATE Facebook... its even less of an exaggeration to say that my hatred of Kijiji has grown 1000 fold over the last 3 years. Okay... hyperbole aside, as of Jan 2021, in all honesty, I pains me to have to admit that my ads on FB marketplace now get 20 times more responses then my ads on Kijiji. Kijiji has become the new Craigslist... a dead marketplace where no one goes.

Bottom line... As of Jan 2021... FB Marketplace sells my stuff... Kijiji does not.

phuc Kijiji

phuc Kijiji

ashleyw701
June 8th, 2021

Someone is posting ads on Kijiji for expensive video game equipment and sending people to my home. They ask the buyer to e-transfer them money for the video game items. Of course, it is a scam. But when I contacted Kijiji by email to alert them to this scam - and to the fact that I am concerned because random people are being sent to my home - they didn't offer any help.

BUT, when I created a Kijiji ad to WARN people about the scam - they refused to post my warning. Absolutely sick.

I would NOT recommend Kijiji.

Beware of scammers

nancyr156
February 19th, 2018

mikew1445
April 6th, 2021
Verified purchase

Kijiji is absolute garbage don't waste your money advertising on this platform, I placed an ad completely followed all there rules, they took my money then delete my ad and send me a message telling me they don't want my business and to go find a different platform? What did I do? Maybe an explanation of why exactly you stole my money and canceled my ad would be nice, don't bother with these crooks people I've had a few friends that have had the same issue with kijiji

Tip for consumers:
Don’t use this site they will rip you off

Products used:
I paid for a ad that got canceled for no reason with no refund issued

guys55
June 12th, 2018

Today I went there to hire a tradesman. When he phoned back, he gave me his price. He showed up within a reasonable time of when he said he would. He completed the job for the price, and departed. Nothing wrong with Kijiji if you deal with an honest seller.

ayeshan13
November 6th, 2021

Kijiji.ca has almost every fraudster on red alert by consumer forum Alberta operating to cheat and scam the public including other businesses who have fallen victim to such fraud. A stalker cyberstalking and actually stalking me called me several times but when this was reported to Kijiji.ca, they didn't take any action. This site is unsafe as Kijiji.ca operates only from a profit motive, is unscrupulous and unsafe to use. All the attached fraudsters flagged on red Alberta wide alert have been aided by Kijiji.ca to scam Albertans and Canadians in general.

Tip for consumers:
Beware of the kijiji site as they are unethical. Will do anything if bribed by unscrupulous people.

Products used:
Renovation and repairs, furniture, books

marka1407
December 16th, 2020

So I saw an ad with something on Kijiji Ottawa that I wanted and checked the location. The Kijiji postcode showed that the seller's location was right downtown and easy reach by walking so I contacted him and made an offer.
When we agreed and I asked for his address, he gave me somewhere way down south of the city as his address which would have meant a much longer journey. I told him I was not happy with this and he then gave me a location in Renfrew to pick up or give him $10 to drop it off. I explained to him that I made the offer to buy based on his apparent close location and I really didn't want to travel that far or give him $10. He told me "no worry" and we parted amicably.
The next thing I know is that he gave me a negative review as someone who didn't show up and it was too late for me to respond. The fact that he has the wrong location in Kijiji (and he still has it, weeks later) suggests to me that HE is the one who needs the negative review but now I have no way to get this rescinded.

aminh11
April 2nd, 2020

Stealing money from innocent customers. I use kijiji a lot to rent out my property. I always paid the huge amount to top add but still it does not even come on 10th page. Recently as on April 2,2020 i paid $22.54 as a fee fro urgent add and still i cant see my add. These people really stealing money from your pocket.Do not trust them.Do not pay them for top add, urgent add etc.

mw387
January 25th, 2020

What is wrong with these idiots. For years new every software change just makes it worse, their cllck fraud paid ad thing, getting rid of html editing, capping the number ads (I'm an individual selling used stuff, not a business) and so on. It was such a good system, Its like they; ve got a bunch of programmers and have to dream up $$#*! up for them to do. Meanwhile they make it impossible to talk to them to express the concerns. What sort of business tries to isolate itself from its customers? One that's not going to last.

kissm12
December 25th, 2020

How many times, ways, or emails, passwords ect. Do you have to give others the E X A C T same loser zero results? I cant send a message to any seller no matter how hard I try!
Loser platform!

Tip for consumers:
Stay away from kijiji. Free doesn't work.

Products used:
Tried Kijiji but too impossible to set up

kevc4
July 30th, 2018

Kijiji is a decent place to go find something you quickly need or have been saving up for. What sucks about this site is the amount of old degenerates that are on here. I swear these old people will NEVER learn how technology works or how to communicate online. Get the hell off the internet you ancient beings.

Funny isn't it that most of the negative reviews are from the old people. God this is pathetic that I even have to write this to tell these weak whiny old people to shut up. This isn't the place for you and your light-hearted bs.

People low-ball and argue, THAT IS LIFE. Deal with it!

Tip for consumers:
Tell old people to stay the heck off the internet so the rest of humanity can move on with itself.

johnh3898
July 16th, 2020

As a buyer I received a bad review and am very puzzled by it. I returned messages within minutes, showed up as promised ( maybe a few minutes early), was polite, I made an offer he countered offered and I accepted it. Cash deal. Hmmmm.
Stay away away from Tim the seller in London. He's not very honest! Kijiji review system needs to be reviewed for integrity and honesty. There's no way to dispute a review, why?

richardz13
January 23rd, 2020

The new review system they have just put into place is an absolute joke. Demanding 10 messages back and forth before you can give a review. Most times I will have 2 - 4 before I give them my cell to get the address from. If I decide to 'buy. I just bought a book scanner from a guy in courtice ontario. We had about a dozen messages back and forth before we went to text for the address etc. the deal went through without a hitch the product was exactly as stated ( actually far better than his ad. Yet, kijiji, will not let me post a review of the transaction with him. Barry Ad ID *******805.
If you read this I found you to be a very personable and helpful seller and I hopefully will be able to buy more of your items in the future.

nathanr236
March 7th, 2021

I had my add up on Kijiji and facebook market place, had the same description, price and photos up on both and I got two scam emails from Kijiji. On market place I had 10 plus texts about serious inquiries. To get anywhere with this app you have to pay money to promote which is bull because people still have to go on Kijiji to see it. It's a bad website/app and it's a complicated waste of time to put an app on there. Kijiji sucks if you want to sell anything within the century

harishkumarp
September 20th, 2021

I was using this scam website and it has so many ads against their posting standard. And now they are not allowing me to posting me ads. It is also a money making website. Now Facebook market place has down their business that's why if you pay or promote your ad then they allow to put any kind of ads otherwise they delete ads. Now it is also fake website.

timt392
June 7th, 2020

Kijiji is the most screwed up crappy site around. The $#*!s shove so many ads down your throat that their crappy site glitches constantly. Every time you go on now it says network not available? Bs they cant fix the $#*!ty site ever. Or this is what happens when to many people watch cat videos. $#*! off kijiji you idiots. This only happens on your crap site. Do everyone a huge favor and go to hell with your ads that pop up on the bottom the middle the top of your page. You suck...

mikew278
October 26th, 2017

Bought wisnter tires off kijiji called road cruza. Great price and amazing service they were very quick to meet me and super nice. I'd recommend them to anyone who is looking for winter Tires at a good price and good quality

johnm4503
March 9th, 2020

Who thought this new review system was a good idea? You so much as look at someone the wrong way, or turn down a lowball offer, and they decide to leave you a 1 star review. There's no moderation of reviews, so the seller has no recourse for review-bombing. The review just stays there forever, even if it's completely untrue? Not like that's ripe for abuse...

stormf8
August 16th, 2021
Verified purchase

Do not support this woke company, I was trying to advertise a carbon fiber cleaning that has many purposes and because they think it is completely a firearm related product, they immediately delete the post after being active.

n/a

n/a

andop
December 27th, 2019

Fun site, quick loading times, a lot of terrible ads, and a few genuinely nice ones. Do you want a 2002 Range Rover for under $5,000? Not the place to look for one. It's a great site, I don't understand why people hate it. It's not that the business is corrupt, it's the people who post their ads that are. You must be seriously crazy like Meleene J.
The site is fine.

Tip for consumers:
Here's a tip, avoid the sketchy ads.

Products used:
I bought my first car with no problems, some parts for a web browsing computer, and a vacuum.

rm543
December 19th, 2020

Borderline the worst connection to a major website I've ever encountered. Whether it's the app or the website, I am constantly hampered by connection errors on their end.

That's besides the fact they never ever investigated reported ads. I see so many counterfeit/spam/illegal postings that stay up for months. Kijiji is the online equivalent to your local slumlord. Puts up the bare minimum so they get their ad revenue and does zero customer service or anything proactive.

baja
April 8th, 2020

Hi there, some people dont want to buy. Either you sell your item for a minimal amount, or the buyer give you negative feedback

When American companies take over they ruin everything!

By Lois W.
See more answers (2)

Internet vendors have no interest in people who can't afford to have a cellphone or connect over a personal IP address. Poverty sucks - you'd better get used to it. Only the govt can change change that, but don't hold your breath.

By Guy S.
See more answers (2)

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Kijiji staff and other customers.

Visit Kijiji Classifieds to buy, sell, or trade almost anything! New and used items, cars, real estate, jobs, services, vacation rentals and more virtually anywhere in Canada.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kijiji?

Have a question about Kijiji?