Kijiji

Kijiji has a consumer rating of 1.33 stars from 284 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Kijiji most frequently mention customer service, phone number and rating system problems. Kijiji ranks 83rd among Classifieds sites.

No positive highlights yet

• So I asked the customer service, what was wrong with my ad.
  • Kijiji decided to add a review system due to high demand.
How would you rate Kijiji?

“Make sure that you really want what you buy”

Nancy R.
2/19/18

Kijiji is not the issue i love it, but the people that buy need to do learn how it work. Like i sold a womens winter jacket to a man for is wife, i come without is wife to buy the jacket then 2 hours later i call me back to get is money back because it to small for is wife. Now is pis that i wont take it back. It not my responsibility to make sure it the good size for her. When you by use clothes from a privates u better make sure it goin to fit, if it doesn't it not the seller faults and as soon as you live whit what you buy it yours.

“Can't post after being with kijiji for years”

John W.
11/13/20

I don't know what going on with this company. From scammers calling me to not being able to post. Try reaching them... it's impossible. Only once did i manage to text them and was cut off twice. You can't even delete your account only change your email. This is a scam site. Report to Apple or wherever you get there app from. BEWARE. Something fishy is going in

customer service (16) review system (9)
johnw3357
November 13th, 2020
johnc4256
February 18th, 2020
I have been posting items on Kijiji for almost a decade. Over the last year or so it has been really bad. I now receive 80% replies that are scammers, trying to send me cheques from New York, Toronto, Vancouver and on and on. I have even had replies saying sorry my accountant made a mistake and sent you a cheque for $4500. 00 (when the item was $1500. 00) and to give them my home address so some one can pick up the item and the remaining $2000. 00. I now receive many replies with the so-called buyer wanting my personal email. Kijiji just keeps getting worse.
fuckk2
January 9th, 2021
Its not an exaggeration to say that I HATE Facebook... its even less of an exaggeration to say that my hatred of Kijiji has grown 1000 fold over the last 3 years. Okay... hyperbole aside, as of Jan 2021, in all honesty, I pains me to have to admit that my ads on FB marketplace now get 20 times more responses then my ads on Kijiji. Kijiji has become the new Craigslist... a dead marketplace where no one goes.

Bottom line... As of Jan 2021... FB Marketplace sells my stuff... Kijiji does not.

Tip for consumers:
phuc Kijiji

phuc Kijiji

aminh11
April 2nd, 2020
Stealing money from innocent customers. I use kijiji a lot to rent out my property. I always paid the huge amount to top add but still it does not even come on 10th page. Recently as on April 2,2020 i paid $22.54 as a fee fro urgent add and still i cant see my add. These people really stealing money from your pocket.Do not trust them.Do not pay them for top add, urgent add etc.
mw387
January 25th, 2020
What is wrong with these idiots. For years new every software change just makes it worse, their cllck fraud paid ad thing, getting rid of html editing, capping the number ads (I'm an individual selling used stuff, not a business) and so on. It was such a good system, Its like they; ve got a bunch of programmers and have to dream up $$#*! up for them to do. Meanwhile they make it impossible to talk to them to express the concerns. What sort of business tries to isolate itself from its customers? One that's not going to last.
kissm12
December 25th, 2020
How many times, ways, or emails, passwords ect. Do you have to give others the E X A C T same loser zero results? I cant send a message to any seller no matter how hard I try!
Loser platform!

Tip for consumers:
Stay away from kijiji. Free doesn't work.

Products used:
Tried Kijiji but too impossible to set up

johnh3898
July 16th, 2020
As a buyer I received a bad review and am very puzzled by it. I returned messages within minutes, showed up as promised ( maybe a few minutes early), was polite, I made an offer he countered offered and I accepted it. Cash deal. Hmmmm.
Stay away away from Tim the seller in London. He's not very honest! Kijiji review system needs to be reviewed for integrity and honesty. There's no way to dispute a review, why?
timt392
June 7th, 2020
Kijiji is the most screwed up crappy site around. The $#*!s shove so many ads down your throat that their crappy site glitches constantly. Every time you go on now it says network not available? Bs they cant fix the $#*!ty site ever. Or this is what happens when to many people watch cat videos. $#*! off kijiji you idiots. This only happens on your crap site. Do everyone a huge favor and go to hell with your ads that pop up on the bottom the middle the top of your page. You suck...
johnm4503
March 9th, 2020
Who thought this new review system was a good idea? You so much as look at someone the wrong way, or turn down a lowball offer, and they decide to leave you a 1 star review. There's no moderation of reviews, so the seller has no recourse for review-bombing. The review just stays there forever, even if it's completely untrue? Not like that's ripe for abuse...
rm543
December 19th, 2020
Borderline the worst connection to a major website I've ever encountered. Whether it's the app or the website, I am constantly hampered by connection errors on their end.

That's besides the fact they never ever investigated reported ads. I see so many counterfeit/spam/illegal postings that stay up for months. Kijiji is the online equivalent to your local slumlord. Puts up the bare minimum so they get their ad revenue and does zero customer service or anything proactive.
baja
April 8th, 2020
Hi there, some people dont want to buy. Either you sell your item for a minimal amount, or the buyer give you negative feedback
scotts1433
June 7th, 2020
This is the worst site/app I've ever used. It constantly crashes and they do nothing to fix it except wait for enough people to give up on it so a few others can get on. Seems like 100 users at once is max for Kijiji to handle. Incredibly annoying if you want to buy or sell something. Not recommended at all.
dominicb103
January 6th, 2021
Almost every time you post something there's an issue and when you want to work with them they treat you like a hassle. They've actually blocked my live chat option, it's very frustrating. Especially when they're trying to wrongfully charge for a free ad. Overall I don't recommend using their site but they remain a large platform for many users, unfortunately.
leol119
February 12th, 2020
People are leaving reviews after just one or two messages. Guess what, if they offer super low price and it's rejected they will leave 1 star. Not useful and misleading. Also people on kijiji expect you to give them your items pretty almost free
karenl1974
July 29th, 2020
Incredibly bad review system. Basically a platform for mean spirited people who don't make a sale to abuse the system and punish the customer. Even with copies of your interaction with the seller proving the bias, Kijiji will do nothing to fix the issue. I now understand why it has such a crappy rating.
jeffp463
April 5th, 2020
I've registered a few months ago, and have sold a few items. I've been prank replied to some of my ads, but have sold a few items. Kijiji itself is a decent site-They even provide ten free ads, which is great; However, if the pranksters are many and they prank a lot, this a big problem and hurts the site badly.

There are also people who contact a seller, but then suddenly stop replying.

A recent bad experience, was a seller who sold me a faulty item. I tried calling the police (as advised by Kijiji), but I was told they don't deal with monetary issues. I was told I'd have to call a lawyer. Therefore, buying expensive items is a bad idea.
astreedz
July 6th, 2020
Most of the ads on Kijiji for puppies are scammers. They want a deposit through etransfer. Not accepting PayPal or in person deposits.
You report them to Kijiji but the ads remain for a day. You try to post a warning, and it says it's pending or delayed. It seems Kijiji gets a cut from the scammers.
jamesz238
August 5th, 2020
So i posted my ad that i am selling a Nintendo Switch system with games, well i got a email today from jijiji that the ad was removed for sharing personal information. Not sure what they mean because it had information on the system what comes with the system and that was it. The system is very broken and even my custom computer ad got removed as well. Support is no help at alll
guillaumet13
March 4th, 2020
Google buy things and make them horrible. Endless flow of ads, dealers items everywhere, terrible location system. If you enjoy waste your time then enjoy this google heaven.
zachp45
September 1st, 2020
Terrible terrible, their policies don't make sense and they restrict you from sending messages or posting ads for no reason. DO NOT USE. You will just be disappointed.
jeang167
January 13th, 2020
As if the dealer, auction and outside of search area results weren't bad enough... We now have the stupidest rating system on the planet. It's ludicrous that kijiji now assumes that after 5 back and forth messages between a seller and a buyer that a deal has taken place. Low ballers can now reply back with 2 low ball offers and then have the ability to rate and punish the seller for not accepting their low ball offers. Terrible decision, at minimum 10 messages should be the threshold. This new system is being abused and I won't be using kijiji again until they revert of change the stupid rating system. Horrible site, who makes these ridiculous decisions? Also, none of the scam or duplicate posts are ever deleted by reporting them on the site, what a great feature.
lancez6
April 4th, 2020
Unfortunately, we were scammed $15000. 00 on a house foundation repair from a predator contractor on Kijiji. It was a complete nightmare which left us with an empty bank account and an unfinished house. Any person can post an ad as a contractor on Kijiji as they have absolutely no requirements in place. Please be careful when dealing with contractors on Kijiji and certainly do not proceed with an underpriced estimate quote, as there is a reason for this special price, you will be the next victim!
joew532
June 6th, 2020
I've been using this website for years and for the past year, this website continues to get worse when loading. If the reason for the slowness is excess users, I suggest upgrading the program. A suggestion is to stop loading all the adds. Nobody looks at them anyway. Just disappoints users looking to purchase products. May start using auto trader more often. It loads immediately.
meshl
January 15th, 2021
I was posting on Kijiji and paying extra for top placement for some business ads I made. I guess this alerted their inside sales to call me to offer a Kijiji business account. A salesman called me and told me how I could save money by paying a monthly fee, giving me x amount of top add placements. He was good at overcoming any objections and I signed up.

After using the services for a few months I cancelled as I was not seeing the ROI as I thought I would. After cancelling, I continued to see bills coming my way. I called billing and they said this was an error. So I didn't think anything of it. Then the second month of bills since cancellation came in. It took multiple points of contact to get in touch with my sales rep. Finally he emailed back saying he said he would call. Which if you look at the attached image, those promises were empty. Finally after speaking to him, he said I agreed to paying for 60 days post cancellation. I asked him why he didn't tell me about this in the sales pitch. He said he did. Which he CERTAINLY did not.

Over $1000 down the pipe with no ROI or help with these guys.

Be cautious when signing up for their business accounts. There are financial traps that keep you tied financially and your account rep give 0 care to help you out which rendering your service or after. They just care about making the sale and locking you in.

See typical conversations with the sales rep. Broken promises that they will call you back with never ending excuses. Very poor client care.

Services

susiew49
June 5th, 2020
Years ago kijiji was the go to site. Not for a long time now. Its soooooo slow to load, errors galore, the advertising is just to much and the mix of ads in inappropriate categories is incredibly frustrating.
Hate this site! Don't waste your money supporting this poorly run operation.

Internet vendors have no interest in people who can't afford to have a cellphone or connect over a personal IP address. Poverty sucks - you'd better get used to it. Only the govt can change change that, but don't hold your breath.

By Guy S.