Review of Kijiji

Toronto, Ontario M5V 1L8, Canada
Tel: +1 780 966 6664

albertog81
9/2/19

We're celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and my wife wanted a deck done. So we can celebrate it with our relatives and friends. I've hire a contractor to do our deck and told him that we need the deck done before our anniversary. He promised that he'll make us a nice deck so we can celebrate our anniversary there. The contractor's name goes by the name of Pat. He gave us a price and we agreed to do the whole deck. He asked for 2k to buy materials and start. After a week he asked for 2.5k. A week after he asked another 1k and he said that he'll 85% done. He then increased the price for 1k which is on top of the amount we agreed on. He threatened not to show up until I've given him more advanced money. He walked out before but came back because I've agreed to give him more money than we originally agreed.This contractor have given us so much stressed since he started. He's paranoid. I can't ask him question without being defensive. I asked him to do 1 part of the deck. He responded that he'll do the deck on his own time and terms. Last time he texted me. He threatened to not come back and finish the deck unless I give him the balance.
I told him to finish everything and I'll pay him once everything was done. He wanted the balance before finishing his job but the job was only 50% done and I've already paid him 95%.
He told us his name is Pat but his real name is Peco Naumoski, his cell no is 647-656-1665. We had to take photo of his car plate number after telling me he'll walk out if he doesn't get advance money. Our proof is on our email trails.
Now my deck is only about 50% finished and he got 95% paid. The whole job was bad. We're thinking of filing legal action.
Remember to beware of homeprorenos.com - owner is Peco Naumoski, cell no 647-6561665.

Tip for consumers: Don't contact Home Pro Renos. He's a fraud

kamh7
8/31/19

They keep removing my ad for no reason and no explanation. Contacting them to find out is waste of time.

garys641
8/30/19

I listed a couple items on Kijiji, checked the prices on other used sites and adjusted to be decent deals. I choose to buy a booster and have my ad as the top Ad in it's field all went well and i sold my stuff...lol

Seriously though, the moment I added the booster (for $10) I got swamped with text messages from phishing scammers wanting me to ship my stuff to the US for their "Lovely daughter, son, goat lover, etc." two of which attempted to send me fake interac e-transfer notifications. Not a single genuine buyer. I notified the staff of this and they tried to blow smoke up my ass telling me i was "Doing the community a service by reporting these people!" and that i was "Finding Success on Kijiji!"

If you consider paying $10 to become the target of a phishing scam gang bang, sure i guess you could call that a success...or something. I told them i would take a refund instead, why pay money to them when i can just open my junk folder and strike up a conversation with the subhumans on the other end? they flat out refused, not really surprised. Glad it was only $10 i got screwed out of and not triple digits like some other poor bastards.

mikek461
8/19/19

KJ is a fraud for the end user. The best thing you can is never to buy from their advertisers and boycott the dirty businesses that advertise there. Don't be fooled and think that accounts are for safety or enhancing your experience. Its for tracking and selling your data to google, facebook, government. They make your experience as slow as possible and are purposely out to harm the end user for tracking dollars. This is why you always get that stupid do you still have it email so you are forced to log in and be tracked. Craigslist works just fine without accounts and the prices are much better and easy to browse. The further proof to the extent of the tracking features is evident when you try to protect yourself with noscript or adblock addons, they throw an error right away and reject your post, query, signup etc.. Boycott any site which uses google or google captcha services. This is not about bots as the user is led to believe but rather creating your own unique tracking ID based on your IP, browser, desktop.

karlg53
8/16/19

This site is now useless. I used to use it. Now it is just a crappy layout with no proper filters.
Ads that pop and won.t go away.
We need a new entry in the field.

waynew158
8/10/19

I paid 100 bucks for the promotion and it only attracted 200 views over 3 weeks. There were only 4 replies.

susanl577
8/7/19

Paid for top ads and never received them. Contacted Kijiji 3 time and never got a response. Will cancel and never use them again

laurad129
8/3/19

No one wants to purchase quality items... they want everything for free, total waste of time posting on this site

andrews645
7/20/19

Something goes wrong no matter what you do. After the first time writing a huge ad the ad failed to post so I wrote it again -.- The second time I wrote it, thankfully I copy and pasted to a document, I couldn't upload all my ten photos then it cleared my ad again! Three times the charm ? Wish me luck...

tammyh224
7/16/19

I use to use Kijiji for buying and selling. Now I find that there are way too many stores and dealerships on this site that was suppose to be for the average person trying to sell their old stuff. I dont use it anymore..check buy in sell marketplace in your area .

jeddc
7/14/19

If you are looking for ANYTHING, now kijiji puts ads for "new' and Dealerships before anything from users that are selling their own stuff. So if you want a particular item, be prepared to have to look through hundreds of new items from online stores or dealerships with the random item from a user or owner thrown in here and there. Its unbelievably ridiculous to use now. Where did all our options go? Oh right, Ebay bought it. So now we have to be spoon fed all the garbage. What a $hit site this is now. Such a shame.

ds504
6/29/19

KIjiji allows scammers to stay and rip people off. I was ripped off by a used car dealer in Tecumseh Ontario by the name of Mak Auto sales back in 2017. No more cars for me now because I drive an electric bicycle. Too many scammers online now so I don't see how people will be buying much from this website anymore.

dougs269
6/27/19

It's a shame that something that worked well, doesn't anymore just because it got bought by the bigger "but not better" eBay. Been a member for years, but not at all happy with the search features being stripped to bare bones. Hard for buyers or sellers to narrow things down. eBay F****d up a good thing!! Hopefully the Kijiji creators start up something new!!!

noney17
6/27/19

Garbage company. Doesn't even tell you when you have messages.single dad trying to make money and kijiji won't even give me messages. I'm done. Let go here we come.

danal114
6/21/19

Total scam. I will never use Kijiji again. This girl Lori Anne Vickerson - Fenelon Falls - company The Firewood Family totally stole my money asking for a deposit claiming she was on her way with my firewood (truckload). Stupidly I gave her an eTransfer deposit (of course went straight into her account, no password) since I thought she was on her way. Nope - no product, no refund after like 30 requests, 30 days later. Buyer beware! She claimed I cancelled with her and she had a cancellation policy. BS - it's no different than going into a store, handing money to the clerk, her saying "oh we are out of stock but I'm keeping your money". Just a warning since this troll likes Kijiji and seems very versed in scamming and hiding her identity and address. If this review is still up - it means she has still not refunded me...

Tip for consumers: Buyer Beware! This is the very last time I will be scammed on Kijiji and using it.

ianb236
6/9/19

They put the ads in the most annoying spots for trying to browse on mobile I will not be using this site anymore.

vv26
5/27/19

They are owned and operated by Ebay, which makes them a global monster of a company. What they do is they run their classified market for their own gain - meaning the company itself is the real buyer in most cases. They monopolize the internet classifieds marketplace, corner the sellers into selling at retardedly low prices, put stuff into storage warehouses and resell it to a waiting public on their own site at a markup that dwarfs the profit made when the item was sold new. They are a monster. They need to be stopped. After 10 years of struggling with this site, I'm done.

jimb133
5/25/19

It says here on Site Jabber , to add photos or proof of purchase , but , Hey !! I have not been able to purchase anything . Every time that I see what I want , I send the message , and then ...nothing ...yes that's right ,..nothing , as if the add is a phoney .
I even sent a message to an ad , after it was posted for only 20 min . , and today ,10 Hrs later , still nothing . I am not looking to lowball anybody either , but no reply .

rossir2
5/20/19

The concept is great, the people that respond suck, very cheap and Inconstant.

The quality of customer is the big issue , it's a low life site.

terrancem29
5/14/19

Honestly I spent over 2 years being banned censored and abused by kijiji. I was forced to switch to viuble.com after kijiji cut me off for the last time. Now my ads never get censored or deleted and it's extremely user friendly and far superior. Even thou its still growing I can see it destroying these existing sites that have wronged me for so long......

calvins50
5/5/19

At one time Kijiji used to be good and cater to buyers and sellers for used items but now it's the Wild West with businesses over taking running constant ads of new products pushing people's used items further and further down and really getting in the way of what Kijiji used to be "A place to buy used items" not new. People have a hard time getting a fair price for the item they're selling when new products pop up and buyers are low balling price comparing new for used strollers, car seats, audio, furniture etc trying to low ball 60-70% off the used item without seeing it in person. There's lots of flakes that don't show up at an agreed time and place. Kijiji has no buyer rating system for reliability to pick-up and they should, that way Sellers can pass on those with a lower rating. Kinda like what EBay has with its Sellers and Buyers. It's very difficult to sell stuff on Kijiji than it ever was 10+ years ago the business ads are so distracting, there's too many people that flake out, and tons of low ballers that are bored I'm sure and spend their entire day asking to buy something at ridiculously low unfair prices.

miljurkov
4/22/19

I tried to post my drone and Kijiji refused posting my add with explanation that they cannot accommodate businesses. I am neither business nor I tried to post anything illegal.
This lousy platform is manipulated and will NEVER post anything there again.

sarahj441
4/19/19

Kijiji is just full of ads now. I am looking for cheap local used chairs BoOM- a million ads for wayfair and every single dumb retailer in my province. I will use facebook buy sell groups from now on to buy and sell!

ryann103
4/6/19

Be aware of a bunch of scammer responding to your ad. I put my vehicle up for sell and some $#*! want to pay me by PayPal lol. Claim he's out of town and someone will pick up my vehicle. Call him out on this horse $#*! and ask where my vehicle is headed? Nigeria. Took off the ad and repost my ad a month later. One lady call me within 2 minutes while the other text me from California. Asking why he looking for vehicle in Canada. Said his father is buying it for him and asking me to email him with his link that he has provide in his email. He can you know what with himself. Where are these low life is coming from. Becareful regarding any site and make sure you received and verify the payment is ligit before you relinquish your posession.

staceya28
3/17/19

I have bought and sold items on Kijiji for many years. I really enjoyed browsing ads after the kids went to bed. It has been the last two years that I have become frustrated with its searches and custom filtering. Might I mention all the ads that need to load on every loaded page that slow my searches considerably. What used to be an enjoyable time randomly searching many ads now is painfully exhausting. Scanning through dealer after dealer, new items when I can't filter used items. I enjoyed the auto trader when it was first developed and religiously picked up the trader publication. I hope someone at Kijiji reads this and thinks wow there are devoted people that actually enjoy what Kijiji produces besides a business money making machine only worried about the financials. Keep it real Kijiji

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Internet vendors have no interest in people who can't afford to have a cellphone or connect over a personal IP address. Poverty sucks - you'd better get used to it. Only the govt can change change that, but don't hold your breath.

By Guy S.

When American companies take over they ruin everything!!

By Lois O.

Questions? Get answers from the Kijiji staff and other customers.

Kijiji?