Review of Kijiji

Toronto, Ontario M5V 1L8, Canada
Tel: +1 780 966 6664

christineb343
1/16/19

Beware of two listings on Kijiji, in the Moving and Storage category. Ad ID 1279833298 and ad ID 1279835578. Both run by the same scammers. They charged me twice what the so-called contract said. Held my furniture in their truck until I paid them in cash. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. Here are the names and numbers to avoid: Monoj 647-328-1484. Jason 416-399-4180. Desh 647-225-4266.

Tip for consumers: Only use movers listed on the Better Business Bureau or the Canadian Movers Association, or a business who does not advertise on Kijiji. A moving business like Allied, or Taylor or Mayflower. Most of the movers on Kijiji are flakes and some even thieves.

kela6
1/12/19

Kijiji used to be great. I made lot of business out of Kijiji in the past. Now a days, it is a piece of junk. Very rude customer support. Charging fee for posting on many categories. Unfortunately I didn't find any alternatively either. But I really hate Kijiji now.

mp230
1/1/19

I spoke to several dummies at kijiji... julien, pascal, ian, etc... not one agent was able to give me a clear explanation as to why my ads are no longer allowed. They just don't care!

alexanderb134
12/27/18

Julien: Welcome to Kijiji's Live Chat! I would be delighted to help, please allow me a quick moment to review your request before we get started.
I REQUESTED TO CHANGE A BUSINESS ADDRESS THAT HAS BEEN BUILDING VIEWS FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS, 3 YEARS AGO CHANGING THE ADDRESS WE STARTED FROM OUT OF OUR HOUSE TO OUR FIRST. RETAIL LOCATION.

FREEMIUM STYLED FEATURE REMOVAL ONE BY ONE TILL not a single person will use this company.

Julien: Hi there Alex, I understand your request to change the address on your ads but unfortunately it is not possible to make these changes after the ads have been posted. New ads would be required in order to post a new address while creating the ads. I apologize for the inconvenienceé
Me: Thats completely outragious i request a supervisor these ads are a digital asset because of the traffic
Me: that policy you just stated
Me: is less old then these ads
Me: therefore
Me: these ads those policies do NOT apply to
Me: So kindly
Me: Escalate this issue IMMEDIATLY i can not express how important it is to keep these ads with the amount of views we have on them
Julien: I understand your frustration Alex. The changes are not technically possible in our systems, by me or a manager/supervisor. We cannot physically change the addresses on these ads unfortunately, It is impossible at this point.
Me: That is completely false I know you can. I know how websites work. Back ends of POS systems. This is all because of your new policies, Pass this issue off to someone with more authority please. We run a digital asset creation company as well. I am not stupid
Me: What kind of company REMOVES THE ABILITY TO LET THE CUSTOMER CHANGE ADDRESS
Me: ON A BUSINESS AD....!?!?!
Me: Pass me off to someone else please
Julien: I understand your request fully Alex, but I regret to inform you that even my manager does not have the ability to make this change. This affects all Kijiji users. If a new address is needed, a new ad must be posted.
Me: With more patience and actually wants to help me, that can see the importance in my issue here today.
Julien: I understand that you think I don't want to help you Alex, but I'm trying to be real with you
Me: Pass me off to someone else please, Pass me off to someone else please
Me: You say that but you really are not trying at all. You can;t help me i understand that. Get me someone who can.
Julien: No one can change the address for you on the ads I'm sorry, just trying to be real with you Alex. I can have my supervisor contact you of course bu they will tell you the very same thing.
Julien: I understand that the views on the ad are important of course. But it's not often that a business changes addresses so this will not be happening often.
Me: That is completely false. Do not tell me missguided infomation. If you cant help me then just help me get in contact with someone who can try
Julien: OK well I can have my supervisor contact you Alex.
Me: You have been trained in the new criterea so you are totally unaware of the way things on kijiji used to operate.
Me: THank you
Me: [
Me: Much appreciated.
Julien: Please, I've been with Kijiji for years.
Me: This sites obiously a "Freemium" styled classified site now
Julien: I will request contact from my supervisor to you.
Me: thank you\
Julien: No problem, do you have any further questions?

miken269
12/21/18

Kijiji is now tracking both buyer and seller and it should be obvious their changes were not about safety or security but control. They started years ago with masking, then withholding other sellers ads, then blocking numbers, then forcing selling accounts and now even buying accounts. Each time they waited about one year to not totally turn everyone away and make the next negative change. Today kijiji is the disgrace of the internet, as soon you hit the page there is third party tracking all over and the choices to buy are no longer there, since they don't attract anyone but low class business or service spammers. The worst of it is the CUSTOMER suffered drastically, I am now seeing 10 year old junk at 2x the price it was last year and things that are up to 50% less on craigslist, because there is nobody listing but people who accept their controlling terms they've created a rip off only market under full tracking. Works great for kijiji as they sell the data, and sellers doubled their prices on a lot of things. I would never sign up to them and as a result will never buy anything. Best place now is craigslist. Kijiji are nothing but liars and cheaters and they don't even belong in Canada. Its a US company with foreign employees.

garp3
12/19/18

We need to find a better ad posting vehicle than Kijiji. It's gone so far downhill as to pretty much useless to the average home user. It now seem to simply full of commercial sellers with hundreds of ads. Good luck getting your $10.00 toaster ad even seen now. Worse yet is something I'm seeing now which makes no sense whatsoever. I post fairly regularly under my city and under a certain heading. I log in and see that Kijiji states my ad is on page one. (for example) I then log out and do a search for my ad under my city again and under the same heading. Sometimes I can find my ad way back on the last page (after kijiji stating it's on page one) but more likely what happens is after viewing several pages of commercial ads often a couple hundred Km away, My ad is not there at all. I log back in to check and it again says page one.
Hopeless really. So
KIJIJI YOU SUCK

nicj6
12/5/18

This site wouldn't let me login. Captchas for 15 minutes, starting to think I'm a robot. Also I've been scammed before

prannaym
12/1/18

people get scammed on this website and kijiji cannot do anything about it. There is no legal team of expert that can help you once you get scammed.

anni10
11/14/18
• Updated review

Kijiji used to be Canadian website a place you could go to find people who had something want to sell locally you can pick it up or even use shipping but now have advertising for Chinese seller .
This service since eBay has taken over has gone nowhere but down. We want our old website back.

“Kijiji is now very bad”
5/11/18
• Previous review

What happened? I used Kijiji all the time now is bad as eBay.
This service since eBay has taken over has gone nowhere but down.
They got too big to give a damn about their customers
Horrible search options, Pleas give us our old Kijiji back.
too many advertisers.
stop placing ads on Kijiji and go to Craigslist.

katm70
11/8/18

I used Kijiji for years, since the beginning for selling and for my business providing services. it was the go to place to advertise for free or a small fee. I trusted Kijiji for over 10 years for result on my ads. Now after months of ad placement, i see not one reply ever! The new format will be Kijiji's downfall.

janp123
11/7/18

I tried for one hole day to cell my used phone on it, well I only tried to get the ad online. But everytime I got deleted or delayed. I didn't do anything wrong, just some pictures of my device and a basic description. After contacting several times the support I only got this useless Answer;

Upon review of your account, we've made the decision that we are not the appropriate advertising platform for you personally or your business. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation and thank you in advance for respecting our decision.

Best of luck and have a great day.
Me:

They leave the chat straight away without trying to explain why they choose so. Bunch of r*tards

alm130
11/4/18

Kijiji is a terrible place to advertise your business. They will delete your ad without any reason, they just a money gready folks. Stay away from them. They don't care about their customers.

reelm
11/1/18

Kijiji will allow anyone to advertise and you must be very leary of who you work for! One instance is Reaper Ventures out of Vanderhoof I warn you do not work for this guy or you will be sorry. Im not just some ranter but we need a venue to warn people of these sorry excuses for companies

kristant
11/1/18

The new platform is a waste of time. All pop up adds and businesses selling there products. I have used kijiji for many years and has become impossible to use and keep track of email addresses and people. No rating system so you have to deal with "kijiji" people. Done with this site.

cathien3
10/31/18

So sick and tired of looking for something and the first 100 things you see are Ad's. I don't even come to kijiji much anymore because of it. If I wanted brand new I would not come to this site. Isn't this site for used items?, or is it an ad campaign? Some of the items you type in aren't even in the right category and they try to sell you things brand new on that page. Ridiculous. Good bye kijiji.

liw13
10/27/18

Booking without reason, bugging, stealing money from customer, no answer from support team. It is the worst site ever but they say that is #1 advertising ad in Canada!!! It got the worst since 2018!!!!!

nicke63
10/19/18

Slow, freezes, full of flyer-ads, crazy messaging system, 5 years ago it would be a 4/5. Now it is zero.
But don't believe complaining will help. EBay wants this shut down, they are intentionally making it useless so they can "improve your experience" by migrating to the main eBay platform. They are succeeding, let it be....!

gailm163
10/2/18

This platform no longer works and on the rare occasion it does, it is now onerous to use. Don't bother!

shaunf19
10/2/18

Although I've primarily been using Kijiji for apartment hunting, I decided to try posting a personal ad looking for an activity partner (I used to do this occasionally on Craigslist before its personals shut down). I read the rules, which stated that it was against their policy to advertise anything outside of platonic friendship (i.e. dating or anything of a sexual nature). Ok, fine, no problem there. So I posted an ad stating a few basic physical characteristics, my interests and intentions, and attached a couple completely acceptable pictures of myself. Within ten hours, I check the site and I get the following message: "Oops... your ad must be really popular. It's already gone!"

First of all, what the devil does that even mean... why would my ad be gone if it was popular?? I checked my email and it turns out Kijiji sent me a message saying that my ad was removed for violating policy, and explained that it could be misconstrued as a dating request, even though everything I wrote was completely neutral! They also mentioned that all ads had to be "gender neutral" and that you couldn't request friendship from the opposite sex. I was furious, especially considering that there were (and still are as of this writing) a multitude of ads on the site that clearly fit that criteria to the letter- men requesting friendships from females and including the exact same kind of info and wording as what I wrote.

So I wrote a detailed complaint to them, asking them why they singled out my ad over all the others that had still not been removed after being active for weeks. I was very polite and courteous with them. After sending the message, the automatic response said that a representative would contact me "shortly". I have no idea what "shortly" means in Kijiji's world but after 12 hours and still no reply, I wrote them a forceful message saying that I was going to repost my ad, and subsequent removals were going to result in me filing a discrimination complaint against them with consumer affairs. Well, can you guess what happened? Same thing, only it took about 3 hours this time. Still no other removals of any other ads.

This behaviour is absolutely disgusting and Kijiji are a bunch of cowardly sociopaths for doing this. Pathetic.

stephend215
9/30/18

Kijiji used to be a place you could go to find people who had something surplus to sell. Now it is page after page of full-priced retailers selling new stuff. You have to wade through pages of "flyer-type" ads which just are trying to drag you into their store. Wasting lots of time.
I still post for selling but it takes a long time to find your own ad for checking purposes because of all the retail ads.

gords7
9/14/18

Totally non intuitive and could not navigate. Completely idiotic and I cannot believe someone approved the beta test

dillond10
9/11/18

Kijiji is a brutal system with zero customer service. Try and get ahold of someone for questions about posting a paid add and you get an email reply 2 days later... I thought telus had bad customer service.... Kijiji has the worst I have ever dealt with

tylerc120
9/7/18

This platform has gone to garbage - seriously. I saw someone complain about seniors here who get annoyed at lowballers - its not just seniors, that is very ignorant. People used to lowball a bit, but now most people just come out of the gate with "how low will you go" - as if I am going to lowball myself. Every ad I post inevitably gets 1-3 people asking for it at half-price and use the excuse of "I'll buy it today if you can do this price" as if I am absolutely desperate and thirsty for a sale at any cost.

An other problem is that even a low-priced ad often doesn't net a lot of people like it used to, and I think people are moving away towards other solutions.

Yet an OTHER problem is that Kijiji has whored itself out so badly that any given page could have 6+ companies advertising their products before eventually you even see a normal ad posted by a person. Seriously, it is ridiculous how many advertisements and "listings" are posted by businesses to show off their stock at their stores to attract people.

The facebook marketplace and FB groups for local yardsale / listings net far mroe responses much more quickly.

Lastly, no matter what you do, Kijiji ass-$#*!s the image quality of any photos you upload, so good luck showing or viewing blemishes and details or model numbers in listings.

Avoid at all costs.

lesb47
9/7/18

Kijiji used to be great but it is junk now. We live in Red Deer area and to find good homes for our puppies we would put an add up in both Calgary and Edmonton to reach more people. Now they will not allow this.

gagek1
9/2/18

Is kijiji free advertisement or is it stuff for sale, I think I New section needs to be created for people posting for "auctions" I waist more than enough of my time answering people that have no more or didn't even want a product in the first place or from people not answering or just nicley letting me know that it's already sold they just didn't delete the add, I don't care to also read a hole add than at the bottom it says items are on auction... awesome for them to have free advertisement but it could be nicely done in its own catagory..

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Internet vendors have no interest in people who can't afford to have a cellphone or connect over a personal IP address. Poverty sucks - you'd better get used to it. Only the govt can change change that, but don't hold your breath.

By Guy S.

Questions? Get answers from the Kijiji staff and other customers.

7 Photos for Kijiji