Kijiji

Kijiji has a consumer rating of 1.35 stars from 252 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Kijiji also ranks 89th among Classifieds sites. The most common issues with Kijiji are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• A company with such rotten customer service should be boycotted by every self respecting person.
  • all the buyers have been driven away by endless ads and scam artists.....
How would you rate Kijiji?

“Make sure that you really want what you buy”

Nancy R.
2/19/18

Kijiji is not the issue i love it, but the people that buy need to do learn how it work. Like i sold a womens winter jacket to a man for is wife, i come without is wife to buy the jacket then 2 hours later i call me back to get is money back because it to small for is wife. Now is pis that i wont take it back. It not my responsibility to make sure it the good size for her. When you by use clothes from a privates u better make sure it goin to fit, if it doesn't it not the seller faults and as soon as you live whit what you buy it yours.

“Is Kijiji now a site for scammers??”

John C.
2/18/20

I have been posting items on Kijiji for almost a decade. Over the last year or so it has been really bad. I now receive 80% replies that are scammers, trying to send me cheques from New York, Toronto, Vancouver and on and on. I have even had replies saying sorry my accountant made a mistake and sent you a cheque for $4500.00 (when the item was $1500.00) and to give them my home address so some one can pick up the item and the remaining $2000.00. I now receive many replies with the so-called buyer wanting my personal email. Kijiji just keeps getting worse.

customer service (16) ads (93) people (64) phone number (8) review system (4) page (34) 10 years (4) 3 weeks (4) email address (5) dont use (4) way (53) auto trader (3)
johnc4256
February 18th, 2020
aminh11
April 2nd, 2020
Stealing money from innocent customers.I use kijiji a lot to rent out my property.I always paid the huge amount to top add but still it does not even come on 10th page. Recently as on April 2,2020 i paid $22.54 as a fee fro urgent add and still i cant see my add. These people really stealing money from your pocket.Do not trust them.Do not pay them for top add,urgent add etc.
mw387
January 25th, 2020
What is wrong with these idiots. For years new every software change just makes it worse, their cllck fraud paid ad thing, getting rid of html editing, capping the number ads (I'm an individual selling used stuff, not a business) and so on . It was such a good system, Its like they;ve got a bunch of programmers and have to dream up $$#*! up for them to do. Meanwhile they make it impossible to talk to them to express the concerns. What sort of business tries to isolate itself from its customers? One that's not going to last.
timt392
June 7th, 2020
Kijiji is the most screwed up crappy site around. The $#*!s shove so many ads down your throat that their crappy site glitches constantly. Every time you go on now it says network not available???? Bs they cant fix the $#*!ty site ever. Or this is what happens when to many people watch cat videos. $#*! off kijiji you idiots. This only happens on your crap site. Do everyone a huge favor and go to hell with your ads that pop up on the bottom the middle the top of your page. You suck ....
richardz13
January 23rd, 2020
the new review system they have just put into place is an absolute joke. demanding 10 messages back and forth before you can give a review. most times I will have 2 - 4 before I give them my cell to get the address from. if I decide to 'buy.. i just bought a book scanner from a guy in courtice ontario. We had about a dozen messages back and forth before we went to text for the address etc. the deal went through without a hitch the product was exactly as stated ( actually far better than his ad. Yet, kijiji, will not let me post a review of the transaction with him. Barry Ad ID *******805.
if you read this I found you to be a very personable and helpful seller and I hopefully will be able to buy more of your items in the future.
johnm4503
March 9th, 2020
Who thought this new review system was a good idea? You so much as look at someone the wrong way, or turn down a lowball offer, and they decide to leave you a 1 star review. There's no moderation of reviews, so the seller has no recourse for review-bombing. The review just stays there forever, even if it's completely untrue? Not like that's ripe for abuse...
baja
April 8th, 2020
Hi there, some people dont want to buy. either you sell your item for a minimal amount, or the buyer give you negative feedback
scotts1433
June 7th, 2020
This is the worst site/app I've ever used. It constantly crashes and they do nothing to fix it except wait for enough people to give up on it so a few others can get on. Seems like 100 users at once is max for Kijiji to handle. Incredibly annoying if you want to buy or sell something. Not recommended at all.
borislavb1
May 16th, 2020
Kijiji is not what's was before few years all think is mixed up expe
If l looking for bike kijiji show cars,trucks ,bike, motorcycle , lightning
Looks filter not working need to much time find things.
I'm so disappointed with, before like kijiji very much.
Thanks
leol119
February 12th, 2020
People are leaving reviews after just one or two messages. Guess what, if they offer super low price and it's rejected they will leave 1 star. Not useful and misleading. Also people on kijiji expect you to give them your items pretty almost free
guillaumet13
March 4th, 2020
Google buy things and make them horrible. Endless flow of ads, dealers items everywhere, terrible location system. If you enjoy waste your time then enjoy this google heaven.
ds504
June 29th, 2019
KIjiji allows scammers to stay and rip people off. I was ripped off by a used car dealer in Tecumseh Ontario by the name of Mak Auto sales back in 2017. No more cars for me now because I drive an electric bicycle. Too many scammers online now so I don't see how people will be buying much from this website anymore.
tammyh224
July 16th, 2019
I use to use Kijiji for buying and selling. Now I find that there are way too many stores and dealerships on this site that was suppose to be for the average person trying to sell their old stuff. I dont use it anymore..check buy in sell marketplace in your area .
jeang167
January 13th, 2020
As if the dealer, auction and outside of search area results weren't bad enough... We now have the stupidest rating system on the planet. It's ludicrous that kijiji now assumes that after 5 back and forth messages between a seller and a buyer that a deal has taken place. Low ballers can now reply back with 2 low ball offers and then have the ability to rate and punish the seller for not accepting their low ball offers. Terrible decision, at minimum 10 messages should be the threshold. This new system is being abused and I won't be using kijiji again until they revert of change the stupid rating system. Horrible site, who makes these ridiculous decisions? Also, none of the scam or duplicate posts are ever deleted by reporting them on the site, what a great feature.
lancez6
April 4th, 2020
Unfortunately, we were scammed $15000.00 on a house foundation repair from a predator contractor on Kijiji. It was a complete nightmare which left us with an empty bank account and an unfinished house. Any person can post an ad as a contractor on Kijiji as they have absolutely no requirements in place. Please be careful when dealing with contractors on Kijiji and certainly do not proceed with an underpriced estimate quote, as there is a reason for this special price, you will be the next victim!
joew532
June 6th, 2020
I've been using this website for years and for the past year, this website continues to get worse when loading. If the reason for the slowness is excess users, I suggest upgrading the program. A suggestion is to stop loading all the adds. Nobody looks at them anyway. Just disappoints users looking to purchase products. May start using auto trader more often. It loads immediately.
susiew49
June 5th, 2020
Years ago kijiji was the go to site. Not for a long time now. Its soooooo slow to load, errors galore, the advertising is just to much and the mix of ads in inappropriate categories is incredibly frustrating.
Hate this site! Don't waste your money supporting this poorly run operation.
me286
January 2nd, 2020
I've just had kijiji delete my account of 11 years. I used to buy and sell a fair bit on kijiji but in the past few years not much has come to a final transaction either way. It's full of ads and commercial listings that are not of interest and clog up my search results and selling has become way too long and arduous with everyone trying to haggle and not even show up when an agreement is reached. Their new ill-thought out review system is the last straw. It's so obviously subject to abuse. All you need is 7 back and forth messages and bang, both sides have the ability to leave a review. As with all online communication, a great number of people revert into immature bullies and will lie or say things that they would never have the nerve to in a face-to-face conversation. Kijiji provides the perfect forum for that in a review system that does not require a transaction actually happened, just 7 messages, and they wash their hands of any monitoring or correction of unfair or untrue reviews. This means everyone will eventually run into someone that will rate them unfairly, whether they are a buyer or seller. It's a shame. It was once a great way to buy and sell in Canada but they seem determined to kill it here like they did in the US.
jessicam1410
March 18th, 2020
I got scammed by some movers I hired from Kijiji and on Kijiji's site, it says to contact them if this happens. They don't have the option of talking with someone on the phone, so I tried to Live Chat with someone. All three times I was informed they were too busy, so I had to send them an email. So I sent a very long and detailed email about how I was scammed and by whom. I was told I would hear back "shortly," but didn't, so I spent $70 to buy my own ad, warning people about this moving company (called Moving Transport, and run by a man with an incredibly strong accent who goes by the name of Steve and/or Peter--as I discovered later--depending on which phone number you use to contact him), not wanting anyone else to get scammed; I included screen shots of the quote "Steve" had given me, which "his movers" completely ignored when they showed up and demanded twice the price.
Anyway, finally I did get an email from Kijiji. It made NO mention about everything I'd written to them about the scam; instead they were emailing me to say that they had removed MY ad because it didn't follow their guidelines! I haven't heard anything from them since. I didn't expect to get my money back, but this con artist has 14 current ads on Kijiji, and someone else is bound to get scammed. I reported the incident to the non-emergency police line, and the officer with whom I spoke said that Kijiji is notorious for its scams, and that I was LUCKY I didn't lose more money than I did. He advised me to stop using Kijiji, because there is little they can do to find these scammers.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it, or if you do, follow your gut and don't blindly trust ANYONE. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

andrem101
February 18th, 2020
The review feature is great on ebay, and since kijiji is owned by ebay they thought it would be an awesome idea. NOT SURE WHYYYYY

So i have an item listed at 70$, item value is around $90-100 selling rate. Buyer messages asking if I would take $40. I replied nicely and said sorry that is too low, I am looking for more on this item.

Bam, negative review from a low baller ?? What a total joke.

The kijiji feature should be removed, or at least have a proper reason for the feedback, not just some pissed off buyer that wants stuff for free.

I still post stuff on there since its easy to lose old junk, but the site overall sucks, full of ads, full of paid ads, all the reviews are basically spot on.
jordanb398
February 6th, 2020
I have been fighting kijiji to remove another user that is breaking their policies by posting over 10 free ads a day while I only have 2 free ads as to their policy and I pay over $160 to have 2 more ads. The other user pushes my ad into the second page within hours and is showing other users you can get away with it.

I reported this user to kijiji EVERY DAY FOR OVER 6 MONTHS and the issue has not been resolved. I just want to let people know that kijiji is too lazy or stupid to fix this issue and does not care to fix it, even when you are a paying customer. This is just wrong in every way, I am looking for new marketing methods to replace Kijiji and I suggest to other business owners to not waste your time and money with them too!
shiftk
January 30th, 2020
Kijiji decided to add a review system due to high demand. However, they completely butchered it.

Once a review has been posted, it is no longer editable. Apparently, this is "to insure the integrity of the review system". That makes no sense

An old man bought something from me recently and left a 1 star review by accident (I confirmed it with him since I was wondering why he would do such a thing since there was nothing wrong). Now, he can't even change the review and my account is left at 1 star...

Kijiji, hire me to program your review system if it is that difficult for you. Heck, i'll do it for 50bucks if you're that big of a cheapskate.
deana124
May 15th, 2020
I have shopped both Craigslist and Kijiji. I must say that I dislike Kijiji very much. It is cumbersome to use and has so many adds. The format of the whole thing really sucks. I wish here in Canada that Craigslist was used more often to sell items.
signmeu
February 4th, 2020
I just received a 2 star review from a seller who said he didn't have the monitor I wanted but he had a more expensive monitor. So, I declined. Meanwhile, the ad for the monitor I was interested in is still up. Now I can't change or remove my review. I used Kijiji a LOT but no more.
gordonc106
May 1st, 2020
Kijiji keeps deleting 2 ads that I'm trying to run, I'M FOLLOWING ALL THEIR NEW RESTRICTIONS and they're still deleting my ads... I'm selling a oven and a vintage jeep
It looks like I will have to use the local buy sell and trade website and Craigs list.

Internet vendors have no interest in people who can't afford to have a cellphone or connect over a personal IP address. Poverty sucks - you'd better get used to it. Only the govt can change change that, but don't hold your breath.

By Guy S.