Kijiji

Kijiji has a consumer rating of 1.31 stars from 293 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Kijiji most frequently mention customer service, rating system and phone number problems. Kijiji ranks 97th among Classifieds sites.

No positive highlights yet

• So I asked the customer service, what was wrong with my ad.
  • Kijiji decided to add a review system due to high demand.
How would you rate Kijiji?

“Make sure that you really want what you buy”

Nancy R.
2/19/18

Kijiji is not the issue i love it, but the people that buy need to do learn how it work. Like i sold a womens winter jacket to a man for is wife, i come without is wife to buy the jacket then 2 hours later i call me back to get is money back because it to small for is wife. Now is pis that i wont take it back. It not my responsibility to make sure it the good size for her. When you by use clothes from a privates u better make sure it goin to fit, if it doesn't it not the seller faults and as soon as you live whit what you buy it yours.

“Can't post after being with kijiji for years”

John W.
11/13/20

I don't know what going on with this company. From scammers calling me to not being able to post. Try reaching them... it's impossible. Only once did i manage to text them and was cut off twice. You can't even delete your account only change your email. This is a scam site. Report to Apple or wherever you get there app from. BEWARE. Something fishy is going in

customer service (16) review system (9)
johnw3357
November 13th, 2020

johnc4256
February 18th, 2020

I have been posting items on Kijiji for almost a decade. Over the last year or so it has been really bad. I now receive 80% replies that are scammers, trying to send me cheques from New York, Toronto, Vancouver and on and on. I have even had replies saying sorry my accountant made a mistake and sent you a cheque for $4500. 00 (when the item was $1500. 00) and to give them my home address so some one can pick up the item and the remaining $2000. 00. I now receive many replies with the so-called buyer wanting my personal email. Kijiji just keeps getting worse.

fuckk2
January 9th, 2021

Its not an exaggeration to say that I HATE Facebook... its even less of an exaggeration to say that my hatred of Kijiji has grown 1000 fold over the last 3 years. Okay... hyperbole aside, as of Jan 2021, in all honesty, I pains me to have to admit that my ads on FB marketplace now get 20 times more responses then my ads on Kijiji. Kijiji has become the new Craigslist... a dead marketplace where no one goes.

Bottom line... As of Jan 2021... FB Marketplace sells my stuff... Kijiji does not.

phuc Kijiji

phuc Kijiji

mikew1445
April 6th, 2021
Verified purchase

Kijiji is absolute garbage don't waste your money advertising on this platform, I placed an ad completely followed all there rules, they took my money then delete my ad and send me a message telling me they don't want my business and to go find a different platform? What did I do? Maybe an explanation of why exactly you stole my money and canceled my ad would be nice, don't bother with these crooks people I've had a few friends that have had the same issue with kijiji

Tip for consumers:
Don’t use this site they will rip you off

Products used:
I paid for a ad that got canceled for no reason with no refund issued

aminh11
April 2nd, 2020

Stealing money from innocent customers. I use kijiji a lot to rent out my property. I always paid the huge amount to top add but still it does not even come on 10th page. Recently as on April 2,2020 i paid $22.54 as a fee fro urgent add and still i cant see my add. These people really stealing money from your pocket.Do not trust them.Do not pay them for top add, urgent add etc.

mw387
January 25th, 2020

What is wrong with these idiots. For years new every software change just makes it worse, their cllck fraud paid ad thing, getting rid of html editing, capping the number ads (I'm an individual selling used stuff, not a business) and so on. It was such a good system, Its like they; ve got a bunch of programmers and have to dream up $$#*! up for them to do. Meanwhile they make it impossible to talk to them to express the concerns. What sort of business tries to isolate itself from its customers? One that's not going to last.

kissm12
December 25th, 2020

How many times, ways, or emails, passwords ect. Do you have to give others the E X A C T same loser zero results? I cant send a message to any seller no matter how hard I try!
Loser platform!

Tip for consumers:
Stay away from kijiji. Free doesn't work.

Products used:
Tried Kijiji but too impossible to set up

johnh3898
July 16th, 2020

As a buyer I received a bad review and am very puzzled by it. I returned messages within minutes, showed up as promised ( maybe a few minutes early), was polite, I made an offer he countered offered and I accepted it. Cash deal. Hmmmm.
Stay away away from Tim the seller in London. He's not very honest! Kijiji review system needs to be reviewed for integrity and honesty. There's no way to dispute a review, why?

nathanr236
March 7th, 2021

I had my add up on Kijiji and facebook market place, had the same description, price and photos up on both and I got two scam emails from Kijiji. On market place I had 10 plus texts about serious inquiries. To get anywhere with this app you have to pay money to promote which is bull because people still have to go on Kijiji to see it. It's a bad website/app and it's a complicated waste of time to put an app on there. Kijiji sucks if you want to sell anything within the century

timt392
June 7th, 2020

Kijiji is the most screwed up crappy site around. The $#*!s shove so many ads down your throat that their crappy site glitches constantly. Every time you go on now it says network not available? Bs they cant fix the $#*!ty site ever. Or this is what happens when to many people watch cat videos. $#*! off kijiji you idiots. This only happens on your crap site. Do everyone a huge favor and go to hell with your ads that pop up on the bottom the middle the top of your page. You suck...

johnm4503
March 9th, 2020

Who thought this new review system was a good idea? You so much as look at someone the wrong way, or turn down a lowball offer, and they decide to leave you a 1 star review. There's no moderation of reviews, so the seller has no recourse for review-bombing. The review just stays there forever, even if it's completely untrue? Not like that's ripe for abuse...

rm543
December 19th, 2020

Borderline the worst connection to a major website I've ever encountered. Whether it's the app or the website, I am constantly hampered by connection errors on their end.

That's besides the fact they never ever investigated reported ads. I see so many counterfeit/spam/illegal postings that stay up for months. Kijiji is the online equivalent to your local slumlord. Puts up the bare minimum so they get their ad revenue and does zero customer service or anything proactive.

baja
April 8th, 2020

Hi there, some people dont want to buy. Either you sell your item for a minimal amount, or the buyer give you negative feedback

scotts1433
June 7th, 2020

This is the worst site/app I've ever used. It constantly crashes and they do nothing to fix it except wait for enough people to give up on it so a few others can get on. Seems like 100 users at once is max for Kijiji to handle. Incredibly annoying if you want to buy or sell something. Not recommended at all.

dominicb103
January 6th, 2021

Almost every time you post something there's an issue and when you want to work with them they treat you like a hassle. They've actually blocked my live chat option, it's very frustrating. Especially when they're trying to wrongfully charge for a free ad. Overall I don't recommend using their site but they remain a large platform for many users, unfortunately.

marka1407
December 16th, 2020

So I saw an ad with something on Kijiji Ottawa that I wanted and checked the location. The Kijiji postcode showed that the seller's location was right downtown and easy reach by walking so I contacted him and made an offer.
When we agreed and I asked for his address, he gave me somewhere way down south of the city as his address which would have meant a much longer journey. I told him I was not happy with this and he then gave me a location in Renfrew to pick up or give him $10 to drop it off. I explained to him that I made the offer to buy based on his apparent close location and I really didn't want to travel that far or give him $10. He told me "no worry" and we parted amicably.
The next thing I know is that he gave me a negative review as someone who didn't show up and it was too late for me to respond. The fact that he has the wrong location in Kijiji (and he still has it, weeks later) suggests to me that HE is the one who needs the negative review but now I have no way to get this rescinded.

leol119
February 12th, 2020

People are leaving reviews after just one or two messages. Guess what, if they offer super low price and it's rejected they will leave 1 star. Not useful and misleading. Also people on kijiji expect you to give them your items pretty almost free

richardz13
January 23rd, 2020

The new review system they have just put into place is an absolute joke. Demanding 10 messages back and forth before you can give a review. Most times I will have 2 - 4 before I give them my cell to get the address from. If I decide to 'buy. I just bought a book scanner from a guy in courtice ontario. We had about a dozen messages back and forth before we went to text for the address etc. the deal went through without a hitch the product was exactly as stated ( actually far better than his ad. Yet, kijiji, will not let me post a review of the transaction with him. Barry Ad ID *******805.
If you read this I found you to be a very personable and helpful seller and I hopefully will be able to buy more of your items in the future.

karenl1974
July 29th, 2020

Incredibly bad review system. Basically a platform for mean spirited people who don't make a sale to abuse the system and punish the customer. Even with copies of your interaction with the seller proving the bias, Kijiji will do nothing to fix the issue. I now understand why it has such a crappy rating.

tb264
July 15th, 2020

I received a mediocre review. Which was untrue. There is no way of disputing a bad review. Kijiji puts it out there, but then says it is nothing to do with reviews.

davidt1868
February 24th, 2021

I was ripped off by a guy selling silver and gold coins on kijiji. I reported him to kijiji and they didn't do anything about it. I followed up with emails and phone calls to kijiji. They banned me! I called them out because they wouldn't remove him from kijiji. They lied and said they were looking into it. A month went by and he was still on there selling counterfeit coins. I even reported him to the RCMP. Even they did nothing. So I contacted kijiji again to ask why they hadn't banned the criminal and they banned me. Go figure.

Silver coins

astreedz
July 6th, 2020

Most of the ads on Kijiji for puppies are scammers. They want a deposit through etransfer. Not accepting PayPal or in person deposits.
You report them to Kijiji but the ads remain for a day. You try to post a warning, and it says it's pending or delayed. It seems Kijiji gets a cut from the scammers.

evanm191
April 17th, 2021

I get 3 or 4 messages lately that ask "is this still available?"
Not only is that a dumb question. But when I answer, they NEVER answer. It's gotten so bad that I'm starting to think these are bots. Or everyone is slowly turning into a flaky $#*!. I've started screenshotting the conversations I have because of how stupid they are. Not only that, no matter what/where you search, you always get 100000000 dealer ads, and ads from across the damn country.
0% positive reviews in the last year? Not suprised. Kijiji is dead. Let's kill it and move on.

Just don't.

jamesz238
August 5th, 2020

So i posted my ad that i am selling a Nintendo Switch system with games, well i got a email today from jijiji that the ad was removed for sharing personal information. Not sure what they mean because it had information on the system what comes with the system and that was it. The system is very broken and even my custom computer ad got removed as well. Support is no help at alll

guillaumet13
March 4th, 2020

Google buy things and make them horrible. Endless flow of ads, dealers items everywhere, terrible location system. If you enjoy waste your time then enjoy this google heaven.

Internet vendors have no interest in people who can't afford to have a cellphone or connect over a personal IP address. Poverty sucks - you'd better get used to it. Only the govt can change change that, but don't hold your breath.

By Guy S.