US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

stevenp79
9/21/16

It is the first time that I buy at iHerb and I have a really bad experience. I was charged import duty as it was not mentioned on their website and even when i placed order nothing was mentioned. So i advice not to use this company to place order if you are based in UK.

maryb345
9/19/16

We recently completed our first order with iherb based on a recommendation from a friend. We found the website to be very user friendly and the prices are significantly less than our local health food store. Our items arrived quickly. With the additional benefit of free shipping we'll be making our purchases from iherb from now on.

rv22
9/18/16

As others have written, iHerb does not follow-through with orders. I placed an order for nearly $400 USD and it got cancelled because I supposedly need to respond to another verification email, even though I was literally on the Live Chat with a rep as I was making the order to ensure it would reach my colleague in time for him to bring it to me. When I unhappily discovered that my order never reached my colleague, I contacted iHerb again, and wasted another half an hour of my time to explain to Ms. Glyn Angeles that the first rep had completely cancelled my original order without informing me that this action would change the delivery date (even though the first order was placed only around 12 hours before). For the 'inconvenience' of not receiving my order, Ms. Glyn Angeles offered me an insulting $5 off my next order! Good luck keeping customers with this sort of excuses and no guarantee!

sheilad22
9/14/16

Despatched 05.09 delivered today 14.09. Delivered by postal service no extra charges although value of goods approx £10.00. Chose the postal service for delivery NOT DHL. Very pleased with the service.

janetj31
9/13/16

Just dont use these people. It shows postage of £6 odd to get here, and then DHL charge you £21 for importation charges. .... I just wonder if I shouldn't take these up with Customs and Excise to see if they have indeed charged this amount or if it's DHL adding to their delivery charges from this end.
So BEWARE OF HIDDEN CHARGES AND BUY LOCAL.

conl1
9/9/16

STAY AWAY CANADA !!!!!Canadians should not order here. Shiping was supposed to be DHL. They sent it using CanadaPost. The DHL sticker surcharge $10 for duties collection of 13% of the total value- in CAD was added. I had to pay all that when I went to Canada Post to receive the parcel. BE AWARE OF THEIR HIDDEN AND UNDISCLOSED "SERVICE CHARGES"

isabelo6
8/30/16

It is the first time that I buy at iHerb and I have a really bad experience. I ordered the products on 14thJuly from Spain, the stimated shipping deadline was on 19August. By now the customer service do not have information of exactly shipping status to know on average when I receive the package. In stead of that, they proceed to cancel the order.

What should I do? Buy again and wait for 2 months at least?

julieo14
8/29/16

Me and my friends really enjoy online shopping at iherb. The reasonable prices give us a chance to try out a variety of products from all over the world. Skin care, beauty supplements, make up. The shipping is unbelievably fast. They have daily deals and trials.

normans30
8/29/16

Tried many, but have now settled on using IHerb. Their prices are excellent, and delivery charges to Israel very reasonable and well packaged. Had the odd query, promptly resolved by email and phone. The local postal service has usually been the spanner in the works.

I expect how the local postal service works has a big effect on the ultimate process. if your shipment exceeds the local duty allowance ($75 here) it could be surcharged. IHerb use a DHL franked postal service which is very quick (7-10) days but has a weight limit which can be confusing on the website, and on arrival is handled by the local postal service. There are quirks in this process unless you know the ropes, so new users may get a bit confused.

Highly Recomended.

rahulc13
8/27/16

iherb a US based Co. have no offices and warehouses in th world. Buying products from iherb wil lead to double th cost due to custom duties. Pls dont get trapped by its economical prices.

alexf74
8/26/16

I've been buying at iherb since forever and I never had an issue until my last order. So my order never arrived, I contact them and they told me they will refund my money so I thought yay! The next day they send me an email telling me that I'd have to buy something in order to get my refund (so far so good) so I did my little shopping, send an email letting them know that I had placed a new order so they could do my refund. I never heard from them until 10 days later, I sent an email asking where was my refund and they answered me that they've already made the refund the following day of my purchase (they never did) I ask about a receipt or something to prove that and they told me sorry can't do that and to contact my bank. What a great company! To say I'm never buying from them is an understatement.

elad11
8/23/16

Package came on time, but turned up with a very grumpy delivery man from DHL Express who demanded I give him £16 for the package. I'd already paid £10.68 for delivery and so was a little shocked and felt like I was being robbed. There was NO mention of this extra cost anywhere! It didn't help that the delivery man was incredibly short with me, when I was very polite to him, considering he just took £16 off me! So I sort of felt like I'd been slapped in the face and robbed by the DHL delivery man. Rude. Not worth the products at all.

davids574
8/20/16

Have been a customer for several years, quality products priced very competitively, with quick shipping. Highly recommend!

salenes
8/20/16

As an american, this website has no fault. Their shipping is fast and their prices are a fraction of what it would take to get similar products from a store, if you can find them. I ordered a large order that and I expected at least a week of shipping but it was on my doorstep almost 24 hours later. I love this company, have been using it for years, and never had a problem.

alans115
8/19/16

I ordered from the uk and believe I was misled about delivery charges. I was asked for an addition £16 by their currier DHL to cover tax and costs to clear customs. Very misleading and they are aware of this as many others have made the same comment. I should have read the reviews before I purchased the product and will never use them again.

fleurb
8/18/16

Following my complaint posted on Friday regarding having to pay horrendous customs charges and VAT which I did not know about when ordering the goods from what I thought was a UK website, the company emailed me today to say that it would cost me £ 48 to return the goods to them. I have refused the delivery and asked DHL to return them - so iHerb will charge £ 48 for this.

My original order cost £ 24.99 !!!

This is getting more disgusting by the day.

Tip for consumers: Don't order via their supposedly UK website !

paular38
8/17/16

Wish I'd read reviews before I bought from what I also assumed to be a UK site.... No mention of import duty (£26 thank you very much) Really disappointed that they trade like this and are totally unapologetic

abhayt1
8/15/16

Dear I had very bad experience with iherb as they are charging custom duty from us and they are not mentioning in invoice they are charging extra.
So I request before u buying think

fredg38
8/10/16

Choice of products , price , shipping lead time are just fine ...
I would however not recommend ordering from Europe as IHerb has no european Platform to ship from ( the fact that both currency and language sound "local" are very misleading ) . All goods are shipped in reality from the US which means terribly high custom taxes .

kerriea2
8/8/16

Great prices.. Untill you get stung by vat/customers charges.. Plus £8 too release my goods to me. All in all, I will not be using this company again. Not worth it.

marilync43
8/6/16

Excellent service. All the way from California to the UK in 8 days.

jimw106
8/5/16

Bought some Innate vitamin pills from iHerb. Pills arrived in a timely fashion but upon inspection found many pills broken & crumbled. Color was not consistent with past innate vitamin pills purchased elsewhere. Contacted iHerb with my concerns but was put off for nearly a month by the numerous emails they sent me suggesting they would contact their supplier for a solution. Finally contacted PayPay & launched a complaint against iHerb. PayPal contacted them but they never responded. Eventually, PayPal notified me that iHerb would refund my money.
I would strongly suggest avoiding doing business with iHerb.

jamesc345
8/5/16

The website I went to was uk.iherb.com and everything on the website mentioned the UK and all prices were in GBP. I had no reason to think that the goods would be coming from anywhere other than the uk and I was only interested in purchasing from the UK. Less than 24 hours after ordering I received an email explaining I would need to pay an additional £20 upon delivery, which is basically another 50% of the cost, due to import taxes.
When I complained to the company and asked to cancel my order, I was told that can only be done prior to shipment (so within a few hours of me actually placing the order), that their website automatically corrects itself for the local market and they are not in charge of customs charges.

I have explained that under the Distance Selling Regulations consumers have a 7 day cooling off period in which to cancel and receive a refund. I am awaiting their response.

But do not shop with these people, it is not even clear what country they are operating in, they seem to process orders very quickly to avoid having to make refunds when people realise they will be stung for taxes and they are not interested in customers at all.

helenn26
8/4/16

I ordered from iherb just once but before I did double checked with them about any possible customs charges and was reassured via a chat that if I chose FedEx global mail I could avoid this. Not so, I ended up paying over £20 extra in customs fees. I'll stick to Amazon from now on.

shwetad2
8/1/16

I ordered the Cera Ve cleanser and paid the charges including shipping charges online.. My package delivered by DHL was a week late and I ended up paying extra charges (Rs 1380 extra). Not worth at all..

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

56 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the iHerb staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
7/29/16
Answer
robertr177
A: Have you contacted our customer service department?

Helpful answer
Add your answer
7/27/16
Answer
robertr177
A: Yes, iHerb uses only very reliable delivery services.
Helpful answer