US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

elad11
8/23/16

Package came on time, but turned up with a very grumpy delivery man from DHL Express who demanded I give him £16 for the package. I'd already paid £10.68 for delivery and so was a little shocked and felt like I was being robbed. There was NO mention of this extra cost anywhere! It didn't help that the delivery man was incredibly short with me, when I was very polite to him, considering he just took £16 off me! So I sort of felt like I'd been slapped in the face and robbed by the DHL delivery man. Rude. Not worth the products at all.

davids574
8/20/16

Have been a customer for several years, quality products priced very competitively, with quick shipping. Highly recommend!

salenes
8/20/16

As an american, this website has no fault. Their shipping is fast and their prices are a fraction of what it would take to get similar products from a store, if you can find them. I ordered a large order that and I expected at least a week of shipping but it was on my doorstep almost 24 hours later. I love this company, have been using it for years, and never had a problem.

alans115
8/19/16

I ordered from the uk and believe I was misled about delivery charges. I was asked for an addition £16 by their currier DHL to cover tax and costs to clear customs. Very misleading and they are aware of this as many others have made the same comment. I should have read the reviews before I purchased the product and will never use them again.

fleurb
8/18/16

Following my complaint posted on Friday regarding having to pay horrendous customs charges and VAT which I did not know about when ordering the goods from what I thought was a UK website, the company emailed me today to say that it would cost me £ 48 to return the goods to them. I have refused the delivery and asked DHL to return them - so iHerb will charge £ 48 for this.

My original order cost £ 24.99 !!!

This is getting more disgusting by the day.

Tip for consumers: Don't order via their supposedly UK website !

paular38
8/17/16

Wish I'd read reviews before I bought from what I also assumed to be a UK site.... No mention of import duty (£26 thank you very much) Really disappointed that they trade like this and are totally unapologetic

abhayt1
8/15/16

Dear I had very bad experience with iherb as they are charging custom duty from us and they are not mentioning in invoice they are charging extra.
So I request before u buying think

fredg38
8/10/16

Choice of products , price , shipping lead time are just fine ...
I would however not recommend ordering from Europe as IHerb has no european Platform to ship from ( the fact that both currency and language sound "local" are very misleading ) . All goods are shipped in reality from the US which means terribly high custom taxes .

kerriea2
8/8/16

Great prices.. Untill you get stung by vat/customers charges.. Plus £8 too release my goods to me. All in all, I will not be using this company again. Not worth it.

marilync43
8/6/16

Excellent service. All the way from California to the UK in 8 days.

jimw106
8/5/16

Bought some Innate vitamin pills from iHerb. Pills arrived in a timely fashion but upon inspection found many pills broken & crumbled. Color was not consistent with past innate vitamin pills purchased elsewhere. Contacted iHerb with my concerns but was put off for nearly a month by the numerous emails they sent me suggesting they would contact their supplier for a solution. Finally contacted PayPay & launched a complaint against iHerb. PayPal contacted them but they never responded. Eventually, PayPal notified me that iHerb would refund my money.
I would strongly suggest avoiding doing business with iHerb.

jamesc345
8/5/16

The website I went to was uk.iherb.com and everything on the website mentioned the UK and all prices were in GBP. I had no reason to think that the goods would be coming from anywhere other than the uk and I was only interested in purchasing from the UK. Less than 24 hours after ordering I received an email explaining I would need to pay an additional £20 upon delivery, which is basically another 50% of the cost, due to import taxes.
When I complained to the company and asked to cancel my order, I was told that can only be done prior to shipment (so within a few hours of me actually placing the order), that their website automatically corrects itself for the local market and they are not in charge of customs charges.

I have explained that under the Distance Selling Regulations consumers have a 7 day cooling off period in which to cancel and receive a refund. I am awaiting their response.

But do not shop with these people, it is not even clear what country they are operating in, they seem to process orders very quickly to avoid having to make refunds when people realise they will be stung for taxes and they are not interested in customers at all.

helenn26
8/4/16

I ordered from iherb just once but before I did double checked with them about any possible customs charges and was reassured via a chat that if I chose FedEx global mail I could avoid this. Not so, I ended up paying over £20 extra in customs fees. I'll stick to Amazon from now on.

shwetad2
8/1/16

I ordered the Cera Ve cleanser and paid the charges including shipping charges online.. My package delivered by DHL was a week late and I ended up paying extra charges (Rs 1380 extra). Not worth at all..

jackieh42
7/30/16

DO NOT CHOOSE DHL as shipping choice they are the ones ripping you off. I have only used them once to ship to the UK and ended paying over half the order price. They are the only shipping company not issuing an invoice with a breakdown of tax and duty they are collecting.
I use the basic airmail and yes it can take several weeks but usually no extra tax is collected.
There is nothing wrong with Iherb company, I have always found them reliable, always shipping the order out the same day i order.

mauricem34
7/30/16

I purchased goods to the value of £22 (GBP), I had to pay delivery on top of this to the UK of £7.
On delivery there was a further demand of £16 Import duty making the product scandalously expensive.

erezc
7/24/16

I did 1st order from Iherb and only afterwards read this site.
After reading I was real nervous about the delivery.
but everything went great. I invited staff in $70 (price in Israel, about $250) plus $8 of quick delivery (mail).
Site said delivery time July 21 till Aug 4. It arrived on July 21st. no custom no VAT (Israeli tax authorities are very tough in this and still).
All staff arrived as I requestd and it was packeged in good strong box. The strange thing was that plastic bottles were gust sitting in the box so when I shooked the box it ran the box and made noise like clapper. no problem with that as the bottles are plastic. there was also a clothespeg ???.
tracking system was also good (Fedex mail) exept for for final stage. it showed that the box arrive to Israel, it said in and out of custom and the day after it said delivery unknown.
those was the point I went to read and didn't find help (and arrived to that site).
Finnaly I read that once box arrives to locak mail it disappears from the traking system and this is exactly what happened just that instead of saying delivered to local mail it said unkown mail or alike.
I'm happy with level of service and product and will order soon.
Erez

petep33
7/23/16

really polite and answer quick! 5 out of 5!

I talked to Carlo Cancio!

sulawank
7/14/16

1st time order with iHerb. I live in NY. I must say I am very happy with the cost of products & service. Especially, the shipping was super fast & free if you order more than $20. All products were wrapped nicely to avoid the damages. I'm super impressed by iHerb.
I will definitely order again.

adeler4
7/11/16

I just received my order and it was not what I wanted. I wanted to call and resolve the matter and have them ship what it is I needed. Nope,..no phone service. I had to type back & forth with someone who was not helping me in the least,..only blaming & not resolving.Not once did she suggest sending what it is I need as every other reputable company in America does. I suggest doing business elsewhere.

onlines16
7/4/16

Stay far away from this store! I always receive the wrong items and if you order anything fragile or in glass bottles it will likely arrive broken or chipped because they use no packing materials for shipping. If you want to return the damaged item, guess who pays for return shipping - you! Clusterf***ed every time.

joyc624
7/2/16

I m Indian origin I bought one product few days back and paid around 900/- Indian rs as product cost and DHL shipping charges. When I actually received the product , GHL agent collect me another Rs. 992/- as custom duty, that I was not aware of that. So this is clearly cheating.

yk12
7/2/16

I purchased a product worth about 20$ from their store. I was charged another 10$ for shipping. On receiving the product, I was informed by DHL that I had to pay another 25$ as duties and fees.

On contacting iHerb and letting them know that I wasn't informed or notified about these additional charges at all, they ignored all responsibility and told me it was my problem.

royn14
6/27/16

I ordered from this site and the site clearly stated the delivery charges to be $0.00 for orders over $40. When the package arrived the delivery person demanded that I pay the equivelent of ~$25 for the delivery. When I contacted the customer service they stated that I had misread their website yet could not show me where this information is located. After several rounds the customer service agent hung up the chat session.

tiffanym54
6/23/16

I placed my order on June 18 and they shipped it that exact same day, which shocked me cause it was a Saturday. My order arrived today, June 22!!! Very happy with my raw honey, Himalayan salt, and African black soap.

Their online store has a wide range of dietary supplements, herbs, beauty products, and health foods to name a few items. And some not so healthy foods (try the Chocolove bars ;).

On a side note, iHerb is the only place I can find the Alba Botanica products for a reasonable price. Even online retailers like Amazon cost more and don't even get me started on the absurd markup by my local stores.

Definitely recommend iHerb.com for the variety, price and fast shipping.

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

56 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the iHerb staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Answer
robertr177
A: Have you contacted our customer service department?

Helpful answer
Add your answer
4 weeks ago
Answer
robertr177
A: Yes, iHerb uses only very reliable delivery services.
Helpful answer