US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

peteb40
12/4/16

i love herb, ignore the haters. They give a tracking number that doesn't work but i always get my products via australia post from California in a 2-3 weeks.
thanks guys
pete

gk34
11/24/16

I placed an order with this company, to receive a message the following day that I had to pay an additional £17 in taxes and handling. I contacted the company who told me that it wasn't down to them but the courier company but they do state this in their terms and conditions. SO AFTER READING THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS I HAVE FOUND NOTHING TO SUPPORT THIS.
Don't buy from this company and beware they will not refund.

karenb255
11/23/16

BEWARE when ordering from this site. It is a super user friendly site (AND THIS IS THE POINT) just choose your country flag and start shopping. The prices are automatically switched to your local currency but what they do not tell you, is that the products are shipped from the US and you are liable to pay the import tax. In my case, ordering from France, cost me 57.42 + 7.36 for DHL delivery and an extra 28 in taxes which I was ordered to pay before they would give me my parcel. This amounts to 50% of the price of the articles I ordered.

When I informed IHERB they told me there was nothing they could do and it would cost 40 to have my packaged returned and they would only reimburse the difference (57.42 less the 40) if I returned them. No commercial gesture whatsoever. Couldn't care less.

Therefore, I would recommend that you enquire about import tax before ordering from this site as it is NOT CLEARLY stipulated when you order. You don't even know the articles are shipped from the states. I have ordered from other US websites and they clearly state that there will be import taxes.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has had this experience.

amandah104
11/18/16

First order went fine. Second order took over an hour to "submit" with no reason. 24 hour later received an email that there was an issue processing the order and to log back in and fix (with no instructions on what I was supposed to fix). Logged back in and wasn't sure if I fixed, duplicated the entire order, or didn't do anything at all. Tried calling to find out if I had processed correctly and found out THEY DONT HAVE A PHONE NUMBER. You get a message that they do no customer service over the phone? This is where I started to panic. I immediatly used the website to send an email explaining that I wasn't sure if I had correclty addressed the issue, but if there was any sort of delay in the order I needed to cancel since no one would be home for an extended period to bring the package in. No response. At the end of the day I received an email that the package had shipped and would now be arriving the first day of the vacation. I tried again to contact customer service and did online chat. He could not cancel. So now I have to pay someone to go to my house and take the package off the front porch. Will not use this company ever again.

fredrickl12
11/16/16

The first order was ok. But the second order is a misty. The shipping agent is asking for another £28 on top. Yet we had paid the full amount plus shipping costs. We were expecting our products on Thursday but dhl is holding it. I have tried contacting iherb but I am not getting any response for more than 24 hours. Am really surprised because I have seen good reviews

geep1
11/16/16

Horrible, horrible, unacceptable shipping and delivery times. 6 days minimum every time to get from their California warehouse to 1 adjacent state away. Nothing but bull$#*! excuses and insults from customer service AND the higher ups trying to tell me that's the way it is. Last order took 7 days. I'm done with this company and have notified all friends and relatives who I previously sent to Iherb to go elsewhere like me. At this point, I'll pay more money for product and shipping to get the items quickly, not via UPS slowboat and non caring customer service @ Iherb.

sonjad5
11/14/16

Unfortunately I didn't find this site before I ordered from them. I ordered a few months ago and all was well, then I placed another order for £40 worth of goods and was slapped with charges of £18 nearly 50%.
Like others writing reviews here, I am so angry that the product I use is very difficult to buy in the Uk.

priyankam8
11/13/16

I received 2 bottles of blakstrap molasses which had no protective packaging around them. Hence the bottles came with leaking molasses. I paid 3 times the amount of the product in shipping and duties and this is what they do. Extremely disappointing. I contacted the customer care but nobody has replied to my email.

jc251
11/8/16

Nowhere during the iHerb purchasing process does it tell you that - 1, the goods come from the US and that 2, there are additional importation charges to pay once the goods have been shipped.

For those saying it is up to buyers to research importation charges themselves - I would have done had I known the goods were coming from abroad. But everything is made to look like it is a UK site with a US head office and they do not tell you otherwise.

I will never buy from such a less than forthcoming company again.

sm948
11/6/16

Reading these reviews - it is people blaming iHerb for their lack of understanding of their own country's import regs.

I have had about 20 shipments of iHerb to 2 counties in Asia. After researching the duty limits in each country, shipping has been perfect.

I have used the very low cost shipping, and it can take up to 5 weeks to arrive. No duties. I used DHL several time now, and packages arrive within 5 days, no duties.

Two things:
1. I have only shipped supplements, and the packing has been pretty flimsy. I may not trust them for anything fragile.
2. One time they shipped an incorrect bottle of pills, but I was lucky as it was more expensive and better than what I ordered. But it could have gone the other way, of course.

I have had nothing but good experiences with them, and even if they sent me a completely wrong order, I have still saved a ton of money over buying stuff locally, if I could even get them locally.

francesm56
11/5/16

I bought items worth over £50 and choose global shipping but was told to pay custom fees when it arrived at UK. I contacted iherb and they were very helpful and advised me to pay the money and that they will refund 50% of the custom fees. Which was £16.24. I paid received the item and sent them the receipt via email and the 50% refund was processed within 48hours.
I have also bought again from them but this time the total cost of my item and £2.72 shipping with my discount was £11. The item came straight to me without custom fees. I am very happy with them because they are way cheaper and some of the supplement are not here in UK.

lisaa131
11/5/16

Wish I'd read here first. Just had to pay £22 UK VAT & Customs charge to receive my parcel. These charges are in no way made clear on the iHerb website. I paid for my order and delivery and then get slammed with hidden charges, which were a third of my order value! Contact is only via email. They fob you of and threaten that you will receive additional charges is you reject the delivery. Will never use iHerb again. Will never recommend iHerb to anyone. Do not use this company if you live in the UK! Total rip off!

dawnc42
11/4/16

NEVER USE THESE GUYS EVER!!
No customer service telephone number; took 2 days to respond to emails: ordered on a Monday urgent delivery (tooth infections) email on Wednesday asking for bank verification to nominal amount of money which was never sent; email 4 days later on the Friday to tell me stock was too low to fulfil the order. Had chosen 2 day (quickest) delivery .. Only learnt out of stock 2 days after delivery should have already been with me
Concequence, I am now leaving to go on holiday on the weekend with 1 tablet left before extream dental pain returns, no opportunity or time to now order elsewhere; had they had a customer telephone number to call, I could have called them Wednesday morning, known they couldn't fulfil my order (2 days after making the order) and order elsewhere
Disgusting lack of telephone line, response times, management of orders, complete lack of efficiency in bank verification AUFUL EXPERIENCE in every way
AVOID

jossd
10/26/16

I wish I had come here first. I too was ripped off, being forced to pay a HIDDEN £20 import charge that is not indicated anywhere on the website, adding an extra 50% to some already extremely expensive vitamins. Disgusting unethical company!

yvanh
10/20/16

Points for the effort to ship outside the US. Zero points for the information provided to the customer. The bottom line is the following: the "shipping" cost indicated in checkout gets your shipment as far as the processing authority for your customs operation. After that, it's a crap shoot. Anything can happen and any amount can be levied. This is not iHerb's fault or responsibility, but this information is not made clear upon checkout. Other (US) sites (i.e. B&H New York) calculate ALL costs and indicate final total upon checkout. iHerb chose a half-assed process (via DHL and others, which are notoriously unreliable).
Fail.

mikef131
10/18/16

Like many others I have been charged an additional 60% of the intitial cost by DHL "VAT & import duties". Total con. Web site and order system gives no obvious indication of the potential additional charges (you can find it if you hunt for it, but any reputable company would warn upfront). I'm so cross I can't even type properly. Grrr.

Tip for consumers: Beware hidden import charges

tamg1
10/17/16

I should have checked reviews prior to giving this company a whirl. I've now seen broken glass items are the norm as they don't use bubble wrap, a pretty standard and cheap protection barrier for any parcel you would think.
Not only was my card compromised upon purchase, but the delivery was then delayed, only to discover that the items are damage and I'm still awaiting to see what happens next. Customer service have responded promptly, but they never initiated the communication to advise the item has been damaged and sent back, nor the refund. It will be interesting to see what the refund is, as most of the non-glass items will now be ruined and unusable. Pretty sad considering the prices aren't cheap, I purchased on convenience, and now I should have looked elsewhere from the beginning.

paulaw37
10/13/16

Unfortunately, due to DHL charging £17 on top of the prices advertised and no clear warning of them on the website means the well priced items come in way over the cost from the UK. Don't bother if you are not a resident of the US.

valp10
10/12/16

I recently purchased items from iherb for a total price of £20. Plus £11 shipment charge making it £31. I have now received an invoice from the carrier DHL for £17 for import duties. Iherb are not accepting responsibility for this even though the info regarding these extra charges are not up front. It's entrapment and many people like myself have been duped. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT PURCHACE FROM THIS COMPANY

dougj17
10/11/16

Glad I gave iHerb a chance, despite many bad reviews from Limeys in UK about shipping overcharges. Found that price and shipping were very reasonable and could not be beat. I will be getting all my herbal supplements from iHerb from now on. It is UK that charges customs duties on shipments from US, not iHerb!

renep25
10/10/16

The iHerb UK website and advertising makes it seem like this is a proper UK business. I read the small print, and realized they were shipping from the U.S., but I thought that they had lots of experience doing so and could provide the product as promised. Not so!

The shipping was delayed, I was never contacted by iHerb. Once I tracked the package number, I realized it was being held for payment in customs. It also said I had refused delivery twice, but I had never been contacted. Finally I contacted iHerb and they eventually gave me information to contact DHL to arrange customs payment. Customs was more than double the purchase price of the items I ordered.

I recognize much of this is upon the shipping company and the tax regulations, but I feel that iHerb UK is falsely advertising an easy purchasing process through them when in fact I could have just gone to a local shop like Whole Foods to get the items I needed. When I first raised issue with iHerb, they really said it was not their problem since they had shipped the order.

Do not order from iHerb UK.

nancyn38
10/8/16

Products were true to descriptions and pictures. Shipping was quick, taking a total of 4 business days to receive without extra shipping costs (for a speedy delivery). Had absolutely no problems and love the products I received.

Tip for consumers: Great for U.S. sales. Extra charges apply to international sales.

alexk96
10/6/16

I placed my first Order with iHerb a couple of months ago. I was firstly enticed by the low price and FREE SHIPPING! But once I clicked on the actual link the item was out of stock and shipping was limited to orders over a certain threshold. I went ahead and ordered anyway. The cost of shipping cost more than the actual product which was really unfortunate.

After my order I got bombarded with emails regarding promotions and a credit voucher I had for my next order. It was very frustrating and I unsubscribed as it really was too much marketing and I never signed up (wittingly ) to receive the newsletter and regular emails.

I buy a lot of supplements so I thought, ok lets give these guys another try. With my list in hand I went online to make another Order. This time sufficient enough to take advantage of the free shipping, of course I had a credit also so that was a bonus. Regretfully, once again, the order did not meet the threshold (even though it was $50+) and I was again stuck paying an overpriced shipping charge. I felt duped but you know what I had spent the time researching each product carefully, placing the order so I said what the heck. I decided to proceed, only to find out the credit was not made available, it had expired a few days earlier .. I guess the credit only is good for 30 days or something. So not only did I get screwed for shipping, lack of product, but I also was misled about a so called credit. Which by the way, is unlawful in my province of residence, a credit or voucher cannot expire you must refund it if it does.

So even after all of this .. I still decide to proceed with my order simply because I have now spent way too much time and Ill just order somewhere else next time. Its a classic bait and switch which does not make me happy nor is it a good way of doing business. Lo and behold, I received my package (quite some time later) and guess what, its COD !! despite having paid an offensive shipping surcharge, having been scammed into placing an Order or the second time, they dont even have the decency to pay the Shipping or taxes and sent it COD! And of course I am now (again without knowledge) back on their spam list.

WOW WATCH OUT FOR THESE SCAMMERS .. DO NOT GET SUCKED IN. THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY ORDER WITH iHerb

keiths83
10/6/16

Don't buy from this company if you live in the UK.As you will be stung with import duties before the courier company deliver.I bought an item for 34 pounds,they then charged me for shipping which they said was free,but even then it was cheaper than buying in the UK.So I went ahead and ordered.Then I had a phone call from DHL saying I will have to pay another 19 pounds for import duties before they deliver.So here it is don't buy from them it's cheaper in the UK!!!!

lenkar
10/5/16

This is the most dishonest company I ever shopped with, I paid for shipping when I placed my order. Next day I got a text msg fromDHL that I will have to pay them 29£ for shipping, when I tried to cancel my order this is what I received.
f your package is returned by customs, due to an incorrect address, or is refused; iHerb will refund you for the products minus the additional shipping cost to return the order. If the cost to return the shipment is greater than the value of the products your package will be abandoned and no refund will be available.

Don't shop with them, take your money elsewhere!! They are a $#*!ing rip off!!!!

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

61 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the iHerb staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
3 days, 2 hours ago
Add your answer
3 weeks ago
Answer
robertr177
A: Indian Customs do require you to pay customs fees and taxes which can be pretty high. Since laws change so quickly with customs, it would be a good idea to check with customs to see the latest requirements and fees. Most packages get delivered to India with in 5 to 7 business days.
2 weeks, 6 days ago