Review of HealthGrades

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

susanb258
3/15/17

Medical practice that had multiple bad reviews had their reviews eliminated after doing paid advertizing with Healthgrades. This same practice was shut down by the FBI twice. These are money making review sites scamming the American public to believe they are doing you a service. Remember most people make up bogus complaints when they are made to pay their bills. These are copays and deductible levied by their insurance company to stop them from going to the doctor. The insurance companies force doctors to collect these monies which is a tremendous burden on the medical practice. Loss of revenue can reach 15 to 20% for some medical practices due to patients failure to pay. If your Insurance company had to collect the copays and deductibles they levy on their client do you think they would cancel your Insurance?

conniek38
3/14/17

I can walk again, I am pain free. I wasn't able to hold my Grand Baby which broke my heart.
I dreaded having back surgery, It was terrifying to even think of the possibility, but, I wanted my life back so bad. I had heard Dr. Baird was amazing and for me he was.
I am so glad I went through with it.

shis14
3/14/17

I wrote a review on Dr Bruce Maniet in Bells,Tx. Healthgrades did not post it obviously. I dont know how they pick and choose reviews they will and will not post but my review would help so many people. Especially if you are the unfortunate ones to have an HMO plan and he is a choice of a PCP. If you live in or around Bells, Tx...please beware of this Dr office. I work at a Dr office and this is by far the worse staff EVER. First your point of contact is a young girl that has the worst attitude Ive ever seen. I raised a teenager and this isnt your normal bad attitude. This girl has a chip on her shoulder. The office manager is no better and Im guessing they are related to the Dr because this can not go unnoticed. Their responses are smart a$$y and they literally roll their eyes at you. Its insane. If that isnt bad, you get into the Dr and he tells you he doesnt prescribe pain medications for obvious painful situations that require a referral to a specialist to get into to get a surgery performed. My husband had severe herniated lower back disc that he woke up to and went directly to the ER. ER wanted him to see a Neurosurgeon asap...Our health plan said otherwise. So we get in here and Dr.Mainet said he needs surgery asap but he wont help with pain meds for a man who is barely walking through your office. Proof and all. If that wasnt the worse we were told by their front office staff that I already went over about their horrible attitudes...that it will take them a WEEK to refer him. When it was a week they tell us sorry we will get to it when we can. It has been two weeks now and still no referral done. When I say this had got to be the worst staff ever I mean that. I have been working in a Dr office for 20+ years and I wouldnt refer my dog to them. Healthgrades would not post my review and said they would but you find out the Dr office has somewhat control over that. So there are probably several people who have had the same issue and I just want anyone who lives around this area and is thinking about going to this Dr not to waste your time unless you have the common cold and he probably wont prescribe you anything for that either.

maribethm1
3/7/17

My one and only surgery, I wouldn't dream of going to anyone else, or recommending anyone else for your back or neck. Im cured!!! 8 weeks out!! Love you and Baptist Hospital, Dr Gandhi!!!

tods12
3/6/17

Lisa Moroz refused to focus on what was going on in the present, instead fixated on stuff that happened decades ago that she doesn't understand to incorrectly label me weird and dangerous with pseudo science because she's a paranoid man hater. Healthgrades refuses to let me review her.

Tip for consumers: Healthgrades probably screens reviews and rejects you. Maybe don't put text at all.

nancyd113
2/22/17

Have been wanting to write this review for some time about my Endocrinologist, Dr. Lisa Moore. I have been in her care ever since I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, about 7years. In my opinion, she is an excellent doctor. She is sensitive to my condition and needs and has always looked out for my best interests. I feel that she really cares and has become my doctor friend.
Nancy D.

beverlyb56
2/22/17

Dr. Marta I. Rendon, MD Dermatology in Boca Raton, FL is what every person that lives in this state needs for great skin care. We're the lucky ones to have her here in Boca Raton. I've been with her for ten years and she's taken more than just a doctor patient interest in me. She is never in a hurry, checks you over really well with no feelings of being uncomfortable. Gives you samples for what's she's treated and answers any questions you may have. I've been a beach goer for over fifty years and my skin looks at least ten years younger than it should because I have a Dr. that knows what she's doing. Thanks to this great lady who has done her job so very well. Her staff is also very caring and the office is a work of art. I highly recommend Dr. Rendon, do something really nice for yourself and make an appointment to go and see her.

awildam2
1/31/17

COLEN KARI L.MD PLASTIC SURGERY HACKENSACK & NEW YORK OFFICES.
Thank you for your excellent work for performing surgery on me after [BREAST CANCER].Your hands are skilled as my incisions are small and my pain has been minimal during recovery.Thank you for your excellent work and the caring way you treated me as a patient. All staff and physician I met were wonderful, professional and dedicated people.

wayneb75
1/24/17

Health grades makes no effort to keep their information current. They list doctors who are no longer affiliated with the practice. They have inaccurate information about the doctors who are listed. They have no idea what really goes on at the practice. They clearly do not verify anything!!!

johnk344
12/30/16

dr m. shane dawson is a fantastic doctor and surgeon he comes highly recommended i was admitted to the hospital on friday afternoon and promptly operated on saturday morning very good experience at lenox hill hospital in new york city

lewz
12/23/16

I wrote a review about a Dr., who examined me for a total of four minutes. Obviously it was not a good review. I tried to submit a review of this Dr. on Health Grades, and they wouldn't print it. I used no foul language, I wrote nothing other than the facts.

ruthl30
12/16/16

Cindi Rife should be fired and thrown into prison with the keys destroyed for being such a horrible sub-human being.

kathleenk40
11/29/16

I've used this site in the past and it worked well. Today the site had no results for either my zip code (I'm in the USA) nor any doctors in the specialty I'm looking for. I tried several different ways - nothing. What on earth is happening.

donnas161
11/1/16

Dr. Allen N. Sapadin is by far the best dermatologist in Bergen County. I moved to Ocean County 7 years ago and have not found a dermatologist better than Dr. Sapadin. I recently drove over an hour and a half to have my appointment with him. I trust him and his advice. He also knew I had a thyroid condition because my nails did not look normal. Highly recommend him.

patriciaw99
10/25/16

John M Duffy PT I looked forward to my appointments with Duffy, besides helping me physically he explains your issues and teaches you the proper way to exercise and heal the problem. Always upbeat, a smile on his face, a relaxing environment and willing to talk and answer questions. I always leave my appointments feeling better mentally and physically. Thank you Duffy

justinoa1
9/30/16

I recently required thoracic spinal surgery. Dr. Cohen was recommended to me by my neurologist. From the moment I met him I knew he was the doctor I wanted to operate on me. And based on my experience I certainly made the right decision. Prior to the complex operation Dr. Cohen explained everything that was going to be done to me in terms that were very clear. After the operation Dr. Cohen visited me every day and sometimes twice a day. In my opinion he a doctors' doctor! I am so I impressed with his take charge attitude with hospital personnel and other doctors. I am also impressed with his impeccable surgical skills.
I would also like to comment on Dr. Cohen's office staff. They are a pleasure to speak to. They make you feel special no matter which staff member you interact with. They take care of everything and are extremely knowledgeable in the field.

pattw
9/28/16

My husband recently had his appendix removed by Dr. Richard Garza at CHOMP. We met the doctor after the diagnosis had been made in the ER. Dr. Garza came into the ER, introduced himself and proceeded to explain what problem my husband had and how he would correct it. He was friendly, accommodating and explained the surgery so that my husband and I felt at ease. The care by Dr. Garza, and his staff when we went to his office for a follow up appointment, was wonderful.

lynnd49
9/27/16

Dr. Lee Mitchel/Cynthia Sleppy - Great care, great office personnel, Kukos to Vanessa, David, Cindy and Vicki. Dr. Mitchel, very knowledgeable, caring and personable.

jeanr33
9/24/16

My husband and I have both had the pleasure of Dr. Nellans being our urologist for approximately the last two years. His first contact was with my husband when he was admitted to the Kingman Regional Medical Center as an emergency patient. Dr. Nellans assisted him with kidney issues, including performing a surgery at that time. He was very helpful, easy to talk with and an all-around "great doctor". I have had an issue recently that sent me back to Dr. Nellans and my/our opinion stays the same. One great doc!

colleent14
9/22/16

On August 10 I entered Oases Hospital and had my left hip replaced by Dr. David Ott. 26 hours after the surgery I walked down the hall. I chose not to take pain medication and opted for extra strength Tylenol. I went home 30 hours after the surgery, used a walker in the house for three days and at four days I carefully ventured out into the neighborhood walking a little further each day. After a week I walked my dog and at 10 days I began riding a stationary bike (slowly at first). At 4 weeks I was back kayaking and at 6 weeks back on the tennis court. Dr. Ott and his PA, Chris Rubio, along with their staff have been incredibly attentive including checking in one time a week for several weeks. This is medical care as it should be but it is rare to find it in 2016. I am grateful to Dr. Ott, his friendly nature, calm countenance and medical talent, for my new hip. Colleen Thomas

gloriat22
9/15/16

I'm very satisfied I chose Dr. Myron Tanenbaum, M.D. for my Plastic Surgery. He is a true professional and caring doctor. In the month of July 2016 he performed a Lid Blepharoplasty, surgery for which I'm very satisfied with the results.
I highly recommend Dr. Tanembaum for the eyelid surgery.
Thank you.

bobs253
8/25/16

Very Professional!! I return to work next week after being out of work for 2 months..The entire staff are on point from the receptionist to the Doctors. Very Satisfied!!

My wife is very happy that I'm returning to work:((

Thank you all so much!!

karenv33
7/18/16

Dr. Kazi Hassan implanted a neuro stimulator in my lower back to relieve crippling back pain. After 40 years of therapy, back braces and traction, I now have zero pain. I am able to stand up straight, walk without resting or leaning on a cart. I can ride my lawn mower, do housework and I have my life back. He truly cares that you are receiving pain relief using what is best for you. Don't put it off. Make an appointment with Dr. Kazi Hassan today!

bernadetteg5
7/8/16

My mother and myself both went to Dr. Shannon Becker and we wrote reviews to HealthGrades. They were accurate and respectful. Neither of our reviews were used. They have this doctor looking like she is competent when she is not. She is also rude and cruel. I hope people will be able to see through HealthGrades.

dianed51
7/7/16

My recent experience with my trigger finger surgery was very positive, in particular with my surgeon, Richard Bernstein, M.D. from The Orthopaedic Group. He was efficient, comforting, informative and kind. So far, it's only 1 week post op, but I feel like it's all a success, still recovering. If I were to need any future surgery, I would go there, and use Dr. Bernstein with no hesitation. He's a very talented skilled man, and that's what you want and need when dealing with your hand, in my case, my master hand.

Tip for consumers: be honest and forthcoming, it helps others

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the HealthGrades staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question