US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jeanr33
9/24/16

My husband and I have both had the pleasure of Dr. Nellans being our urologist for approximately the last two years. His first contact was with my husband when he was admitted to the Kingman Regional Medical Center as an emergency patient. Dr. Nellans assisted him with kidney issues, including performing a surgery at that time. He was very helpful, easy to talk with and an all-around "great doctor". I have had an issue recently that sent me back to Dr. Nellans and my/our opinion stays the same. One great doc!

colleent14
9/22/16

On August 10 I entered Oases Hospital and had my left hip replaced by Dr. David Ott. 26 hours after the surgery I walked down the hall. I chose not to take pain medication and opted for extra strength Tylenol. I went home 30 hours after the surgery, used a walker in the house for three days and at four days I carefully ventured out into the neighborhood walking a little further each day. After a week I walked my dog and at 10 days I began riding a stationary bike (slowly at first). At 4 weeks I was back kayaking and at 6 weeks back on the tennis court. Dr. Ott and his PA, Chris Rubio, along with their staff have been incredibly attentive including checking in one time a week for several weeks. This is medical care as it should be but it is rare to find it in 2016. I am grateful to Dr. Ott, his friendly nature, calm countenance and medical talent, for my new hip. Colleen Thomas

gloriat22
9/15/16

I'm very satisfied I chose Dr. Myron Tanenbaum, M.D. for my Plastic Surgery. He is a true professional and caring doctor. In the month of July 2016 he performed a Lid Blepharoplasty, surgery for which I'm very satisfied with the results.
I highly recommend Dr. Tanembaum for the eyelid surgery.
Thank you.

bobs253
8/25/16

Very Professional!! I return to work next week after being out of work for 2 months..The entire staff are on point from the receptionist to the Doctors. Very Satisfied!!

My wife is very happy that I'm returning to work:((

Thank you all so much!!

karenv33
7/18/16

Dr. Kazi Hassan implanted a neuro stimulator in my lower back to relieve crippling back pain. After 40 years of therapy, back braces and traction, I now have zero pain. I am able to stand up straight, walk without resting or leaning on a cart. I can ride my lawn mower, do housework and I have my life back. He truly cares that you are receiving pain relief using what is best for you. Don't put it off. Make an appointment with Dr. Kazi Hassan today!

bernadetteg5
7/8/16

My mother and myself both went to Dr. Shannon Becker and we wrote reviews to HealthGrades. They were accurate and respectful. Neither of our reviews were used. They have this doctor looking like she is competent when she is not. She is also rude and cruel. I hope people will be able to see through HealthGrades.

dianed51
7/7/16

My recent experience with my trigger finger surgery was very positive, in particular with my surgeon, Richard Bernstein, M.D. from The Orthopaedic Group. He was efficient, comforting, informative and kind. So far, it's only 1 week post op, but I feel like it's all a success, still recovering. If I were to need any future surgery, I would go there, and use Dr. Bernstein with no hesitation. He's a very talented skilled man, and that's what you want and need when dealing with your hand, in my case, my master hand.

Tip for consumers: be honest and forthcoming, it helps others

ermay
6/30/16

an internist in Goshen, IN, who is very personable and caring. Staff works hard to make things work for everyone..............I like him a lot....Erma Yoder

nancyr93
6/29/16

Dr. Robert Boykin, did rotator cuff repair on my left shoulder. very pleased with the results thus far, 3 months out, the physical therapy group are great to work with. Thank you, Dr. Boykin and Kate. Nancy Riggins

micheles48
5/7/16

Dr. Ted Korin dds.made poorly constructed bad fitting maxillary prosthesis. Lacked metal framework necessay to stand up to wear in mouth. Paid $5,000.00 for faulty provisional that was unwearable . Korin refused to refund any $ or redo

glenm35
5/5/16

Saved my father- in laws life . Would highly recommend very personable and did several follow-up phone calls with our family

gaylel8
3/22/16

Dr. Ginsburg is the best as far as I'm concerned. He has done more for my face than I every though possible. I''ve had botox, fillers, skin tightening, and laser treatments. They made me look and feel so much better, and is something I plan to continue.

leonardn4
3/22/16

I recently had cataract surgery and a artificial intraocular lens to correct astigmatism.WAS very pleased with the out come. Thanks to Dr Weisenthal of The Eye Docters at CNY EYE CARE. Leonard J Nolan

davidc332
3/15/16

While it must be difficult to keep tabs on all the physicians that switch offices every few years, this website doesn't seem to even try. And Healthgrades makes it very difficult for the physicians to update their information as well.

nlm2
3/2/16

Healthgrades allows anyone to launch a personal attack on any doctor and they will post false reviews as long as the person has a valid email address. They will not allow doctors to respond to negative reviews. Instead, they advise you to get more patients to post positive reviews so that patients are forced to give their email addresses to them for their use. Don't bother trying to contact them because it's almost impossible to talk to anyone in charge. They basically don't care and feed on negative reviews to generate more business for themselves.

williamm190
2/1/16

For years, I have been having problems breathing through my nose. I was told, I had a 60 percent hole in my septum. Since I have asthma, I wasn't able to use my cepap machine due to my nostrils closed more than open. I search the website over and over again looing for an ENT doctor that could fix the hole. Everyone I spoke too said it couldn't be fixed, it was too big. One day, I spoke to my sister who has the same problem and she told me that their is a ENT Plastic Surgeon that might be able to repair the hole. I located a doctor be the name od Doctor Undavia out of Princeton Un. Medical Center in Plainsboro, New Jersey. I went to the appointment and he informed me that he should be able to fix it but said it might take two surgeries. His reviews were excellent and had a great background in schools and the reviews that other patients wrote. On January 7, 2016 I went to Robert Wood Johnson Hospital in Hamilton, New Jersey where the surgery was to take place. After the surgery, I was informed by Doctor Undavia as well as my wife that he was able to completely close the hole and also fixed other things inside my nose that needed to be fixed. This was great news, even thou I was under for four hours, which I was told is a long time. I have no pain. I can now breath out of both nostrils and was told that the swelling will take several weeks, but when this is all over, I will and do have basically a new nose. Doctor Undavia is a true professional in his field, besides a down too earth doctor. he explains everything too you about the procedure and if I have any problems before my next visit to call. I am every happy I found him and had the surgery done.

sylviat5
1/14/16

I want to recommend Dr. Richard Thunder, orthopedic surgeon. He repaired my L3, L4 and
everything went very smoothly. Dr. Thunder is very low key and direct. He answers all your
questions. I would not hesitate in recommending any family or friends to him for their
orthopedic needs

vernf4
1/8/16

My husband suffered for 10 years with a bad back-- he had been "stooping over" for a long time and couldn't walk very fast or very long without a lot of pain and having to rest. We asked a surgeon friend who he would recommend, and his first on the list was Dr. Paul Montalbano, Boise, Idaho. Surgery was performed last of October, 2015, and now in January, 2016, approximately 3 months later, my husband is two inches taller and is only still taking minimal pain medication. Dr. Montalbano's surgery team was very accessible by phone when we needed anything and they are following up well with physical therapy and use of a bone growth stimulator, We feel so blessed that the surgery turned out even better than we hoped. We give Dr. Paul Montalbano a great review -- so glad we chose him.

alvins20
12/17/15

I had the pleasure of being his patient for a short time. I found him to be very well informed, very knowledgeable and set the patient at ease at the same time. He took a real interest in providing the best "quality of life" he could. He's one of the few doctors I've met in my lifetime that was truly committed to the patient's concerns and well being.

kristinaa4
12/8/15

The absolute best doctor to go to for gyno is DR.KESSLER! He delivered my daughter and made me feel very at ease and comfortable. He also placed my mirena for me. I was extremely nervous and as the procedure was being done he did everything possible to make me feel comfortable and safe. He is An amazing doctor!

frankp53
11/17/15

Dr Robert Feldman of Florida Eye in Altamonte Spring Florida saved my eye! kind caring man, that I said he walks on water.

russellh23
10/20/15

I followed Dr. Van & the PT instructions plus just a little more. If I started to hurt I informed them and would cut back. when in water therapy I walked the full hour. I did not stop to visit or rest. At three weeks I started walking up the stairs & then up and down, At 6 weeks I was hitting golf balls. At eight weeks I walked over 1 mile on the golf course.
I don't know anything more important than following the directions given by your doctor & PT

reisk
10/2/15

Using minimally intrusive techniques, Dr Keiper repaired my seriously injured spine after three other specialists failed to make any improvement. There was no significant pain and the recovery time was astonishingly brief. I returned to Dr Keiper recently when an accident resulted in injury to one of my vertebrae. Dr Keiper was successful in controlling this exceedingly painful injury and has been constantly available to meet any needs arising from this accident. His staff, and particularly PA Ralph Peterson, are also highly competent and a pleasure to deal with, reflecting Dr Keiper's insistence on excellence and service.

aunt-janeh
9/9/15

BEWARE! I was on Healthgrades.com for the normal purposes when I was asked if I had a story to tell which would help others dealing with the same or similar malady from a list they presented. As an inveterate storyteller and helper of others, I have many, so I crafted one to fit within Healthgrades' guidelines and character count.

When I finished my story, I was required to read the small print (yeah, right) and check a box saying I did it. But, I actually read it! There's a lot about how concerned they are about patients' privacy and confidentialityuntil you read the "Submissions" section! There you are told that you should have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality AND they can do absolutely anything they want to with your submission, including the photos they encourage, or parts of your submission.

I've found other sites with the same policies deep in the fine print, and I did nothing. Now I have done this something, thereby hopefully helping others. I will continue doing this something wherever and whenever I can, to help those vulnerable people who don't read the fine print.
(I fully agree with other Healthgrades critics and counter with my own reviews against the negative ones.)

williamh104
8/13/15

I'm a 100% service connected disabled veteran and wrote a review about a bad exam/encounter with a VA psychologist who is also in private practice. I didn't use foul language or call him names, it took a long time to write the " story," as they say: " We want to hear your story". Apparently not. Do they only want positive stories? You won't get the real truth from these people. Don't waste your time.

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the HealthGrades staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
6/9/16
Add your answer
6/4/16
Answer
micheles48
A: No. My experience with orthognathic surgery.
6/5/16