Review of HealthGrades

Denver, CO 80202, US
cs@healthgrades.com

tammyr47
7/21/17

I was in pain for over two years and after complaining to my primary doctor several times ,she send me to Chaplain Valley Orthopaedics several times .i got real upset the pain I had in my left shoulder keep me awake at night,I couldn't lift my arm up very far.i had an MRI done in 2015 and all CVO would do is cordisone shot,which only last a couple weeks,then it would take three months to get back in to see them again. So finally got told my doctor that she was going to send me to a different Orthopaedics ,after getting real upset with her I requested to go to Rutland ,Vt. I meet with Dr Boynton,he reviewed my MRI and took some other X-ray.Then he talked to about my opinion.i knew I couldn't deal with to pain no more ,so we set up survey March 15,2017. Everything went great ,I went to therapy for sixteen weeks at Vt Sports Medicine Center where I saw Makenzie Williams,DPT.nd she did miracles for me and I must say I didn't make it easy for her. I would like to thank Dr, Boynton and is whole team,Rutland Regional Hospital surgery staff and Makenzie Williams. I'm pain free,enjoying my sleep,and I'm able to do things that I couldn't do before my surgery

lindab379
7/14/17

This is a for-profit site full of fake, positive doctor reviews written by doctors offices and the like to boost their sales/ clientele. Positive reviews are posted directly after negative reviews and tend to contradict word for word verbatim what was posted in a negative review. Doctors can create their own profiles for free and those that are unethical can lie about their credentials. There are no checks and balances verifying that the information is accurate. Stay away. Check credentials, complaints, and malpractice information with your local court, the state medical board, state dept. of health, and BBB.

joans104
7/14/17

Dr. Gitomer is by far the best doctor I have ever had or ever could have. I have been a patient of his for over 30 years, and he has seen me through the unexpected every step of the way.He calls even after hours to discuss treatment or give referrals. He never stops caring. I trust his judgment and care more than any doctor I have had. He has been here for me and my family through every phase of our life. My only fear is if he ever retires!

jennyw67
7/14/17

The eye examination itself was satisfactory - however - my repeated requests (in writing) for a copy of my testing results - were continually denied - discharge instructions were incomplete - I hope this comment/review will help others from having a similar negative experience - I cannot recommend this physician to my family and/or friends.

agness5
7/7/17

Dr. Sergi is wonderful! And I can't say enough about Helen, Jeannie and Melony. They always satisfy every need I have. From the second they answer the phone to Melony being so gentle in taking off my boot. Great office.

cg97
7/5/17

Dr sofonio saved my nose with the use of Superficial Radiotherapy... after three knife applications there was too little left to take any more and cancer was still present... so he suggested Radiotherapy...am I glad.. 14 applications taking five minutes each with no pain killed the remaining cancer.. my nose looks fine and is fine ..Thanks Doctor and a big thanks to your staff!! Happened in 2015

jeanm142
6/29/17

Dr. Cassell has helped me survive two bouts with breast cancer and has protected my health for the last 22 years. I will continue to be her patient for as long as she continues in practice. She is an outstanding breast cancer specialist.

juliec147
6/5/17

When I first called this place...Memorial Weight Loss Center, Dr. Frank Felts. I was afraid.
When my primary doctor said,'maybe you could consider weight loss surgery'... I was scared "$#*!-less".
I believe in being REAL and getting to the point... If my language is a bit much, I am sorry, but I am for REAL.
I go online and attend the online version of the seminar about weight loss surgery and try to figure out what best meets my needs. I say the gastric sleeve.
I get an appointment for the consul and I am still scared. I am afraid when I come into the door of the center. The young lady that greats is very good and personable. While I am signing in she says, "You're Mrs. Corrales?" I reply, "yes"... She asks a few more questions then ask for a picture ID and my insurance card which I give to her. She scans then and give them back to me then notifies my that this visit will be "$30 co-pay"... I already knew it and had everything prepared. I wait for another 10 minutes or so. And then the nurse or tech calls my name.
I get go back speak with nurses or techs and get my temperature,oxygen level, blood pressure, height and weight then I am put in a room to wait for Dr. Felts.
In about 20 minutes Dr. Felts comes in and introduces himself to me. He then wants to hear from me. He examines the paperwork and discovers that there is a page that is missing. He began to ask questions and I answered them.
I told him about my concerns with surgery and how I am super afraid of surgery. Of the ones that I have had, I have done well but I am afraid of side effects, blood clots and all of that.
Dr. Felts educates me misconceptions about the surgery and gives me real percentages about side effects, risks and reassures me about his competency.
Of course he didn't know that I had already researched him somewhat.
Overall this doctor relieved some of the anxiety I had about this surgery. I am not saying that I am totally on board with it just yet, however, I am leaning and learning more. Hopefully within the next few weeks, I will have come to a concrete decision.
I think that this is the definition of a Weight Loss Center... working with the patient.

Tip for consumers: I think that when the patient makes the appointment and has gone through the seminar whether online or in person. The patients paperwork should be uploaded prior to the appointment so that there are few discrepancies.

janer81
5/20/17

We were introduced to Dr. Akins in an emergency with my husband and he could not have been more compassionate and helpful through our ordeal. When I needed a surgeon myself, I chose to use Dr. Akins and my oncologist also recommended him as one of the best in his field.

porshad
4/25/17

Are you just a scam (Health Grades)?
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

ellenm56
4/7/17

I had a total hip replacement on January 23, 2017. I have been going for physical therapy since. I have to say that all of the staff at William Schwarz P/T are wonderful. Especially Alex, my p/t who is the nicest, friendliest, caring, hard working professional of all! I would also like to say that Cassie and Paige are great too! Always a smile and funny and kind and very hard workers! I am feeling so much better. When I first walked in after my surgery I was a total wreck. Their kindness and understanding helped me to get better. This is the best place to go if you need physical therapy!!!!! Sincerely,
Ellen Mazza

susanb258
3/15/17

Medical practice that had multiple bad reviews had their reviews eliminated after doing paid advertizing with Healthgrades. This same practice was shut down by the FBI twice. These are money making review sites scamming the American public to believe they are doing you a service. Remember most people make up bogus complaints when they are made to pay their bills. These are copays and deductible levied by their insurance company to stop them from going to the doctor. The insurance companies force doctors to collect these monies which is a tremendous burden on the medical practice. Loss of revenue can reach 15 to 20% for some medical practices due to patients failure to pay. If your Insurance company had to collect the copays and deductibles they levy on their client do you think they would cancel your Insurance?

conniek38
3/14/17

I can walk again, I am pain free. I wasn't able to hold my Grand Baby which broke my heart.
I dreaded having back surgery, It was terrifying to even think of the possibility, but, I wanted my life back so bad. I had heard Dr. Baird was amazing and for me he was.
I am so glad I went through with it.

shis14
3/14/17

I wrote a review on Dr Bruce Maniet in Bells,Tx. Healthgrades did not post it obviously. I dont know how they pick and choose reviews they will and will not post but my review would help so many people. Especially if you are the unfortunate ones to have an HMO plan and he is a choice of a PCP. If you live in or around Bells, Tx...please beware of this Dr office. I work at a Dr office and this is by far the worse staff EVER. First your point of contact is a young girl that has the worst attitude Ive ever seen. I raised a teenager and this isnt your normal bad attitude. This girl has a chip on her shoulder. The office manager is no better and Im guessing they are related to the Dr because this can not go unnoticed. Their responses are smart a$$y and they literally roll their eyes at you. Its insane. If that isnt bad, you get into the Dr and he tells you he doesnt prescribe pain medications for obvious painful situations that require a referral to a specialist to get into to get a surgery performed. My husband had severe herniated lower back disc that he woke up to and went directly to the ER. ER wanted him to see a Neurosurgeon asap...Our health plan said otherwise. So we get in here and Dr.Mainet said he needs surgery asap but he wont help with pain meds for a man who is barely walking through your office. Proof and all. If that wasnt the worse we were told by their front office staff that I already went over about their horrible attitudes...that it will take them a WEEK to refer him. When it was a week they tell us sorry we will get to it when we can. It has been two weeks now and still no referral done. When I say this had got to be the worst staff ever I mean that. I have been working in a Dr office for 20+ years and I wouldnt refer my dog to them. Healthgrades would not post my review and said they would but you find out the Dr office has somewhat control over that. So there are probably several people who have had the same issue and I just want anyone who lives around this area and is thinking about going to this Dr not to waste your time unless you have the common cold and he probably wont prescribe you anything for that either.

maribethm1
3/7/17

My one and only surgery, I wouldn't dream of going to anyone else, or recommending anyone else for your back or neck. Im cured!!! 8 weeks out!! Love you and Baptist Hospital, Dr Gandhi!!!

tods12
3/6/17

Lisa Moroz refused to focus on what was going on in the present, instead fixated on stuff that happened decades ago that she doesn't understand to incorrectly label me weird and dangerous with pseudo science because she's a paranoid man hater. Healthgrades refuses to let me review her.

Tip for consumers: Healthgrades probably screens reviews and rejects you. Maybe don't put text at all.

nancyd113
2/22/17

Have been wanting to write this review for some time about my Endocrinologist, Dr. Lisa Moore. I have been in her care ever since I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, about 7years. In my opinion, she is an excellent doctor. She is sensitive to my condition and needs and has always looked out for my best interests. I feel that she really cares and has become my doctor friend.
Nancy D.

beverlyb56
2/22/17

Dr. Marta I. Rendon, MD Dermatology in Boca Raton, FL is what every person that lives in this state needs for great skin care. We're the lucky ones to have her here in Boca Raton. I've been with her for ten years and she's taken more than just a doctor patient interest in me. She is never in a hurry, checks you over really well with no feelings of being uncomfortable. Gives you samples for what's she's treated and answers any questions you may have. I've been a beach goer for over fifty years and my skin looks at least ten years younger than it should because I have a Dr. that knows what she's doing. Thanks to this great lady who has done her job so very well. Her staff is also very caring and the office is a work of art. I highly recommend Dr. Rendon, do something really nice for yourself and make an appointment to go and see her.

awildam2
1/31/17

COLEN KARI L.MD PLASTIC SURGERY HACKENSACK & NEW YORK OFFICES.
Thank you for your excellent work for performing surgery on me after [BREAST CANCER].Your hands are skilled as my incisions are small and my pain has been minimal during recovery.Thank you for your excellent work and the caring way you treated me as a patient. All staff and physician I met were wonderful, professional and dedicated people.

wayneb75
1/24/17

Health grades makes no effort to keep their information current. They list doctors who are no longer affiliated with the practice. They have inaccurate information about the doctors who are listed. They have no idea what really goes on at the practice. They clearly do not verify anything!!!

johnk344
12/30/16

dr m. shane dawson is a fantastic doctor and surgeon he comes highly recommended i was admitted to the hospital on friday afternoon and promptly operated on saturday morning very good experience at lenox hill hospital in new york city

lewz
12/23/16

I wrote a review about a Dr., who examined me for a total of four minutes. Obviously it was not a good review. I tried to submit a review of this Dr. on Health Grades, and they wouldn't print it. I used no foul language, I wrote nothing other than the facts.

ruthl30
12/16/16

Cindi Rife should be fired and thrown into prison with the keys destroyed for being such a horrible sub-human being.

kathleenk40
11/29/16

I've used this site in the past and it worked well. Today the site had no results for either my zip code (I'm in the USA) nor any doctors in the specialty I'm looking for. I tried several different ways - nothing. What on earth is happening.

donnas161
11/1/16

Dr. Allen N. Sapadin is by far the best dermatologist in Bergen County. I moved to Ocean County 7 years ago and have not found a dermatologist better than Dr. Sapadin. I recently drove over an hour and a half to have my appointment with him. I trust him and his advice. He also knew I had a thyroid condition because my nails did not look normal. Highly recommend him.

Helpful answer

I don't know. I suspect that if the physician really is offended and wants to do something about it. I'm not a lawyer but I know truth is an absolute defense in a liable suit. G

By Reis K. on 11/13/15
Helpful answer

An area hospital is touting its "rating" in orthopedic surgery received from HealthGrades. How does any hospital get a department rated on this site and how meaningful is the rating. They say it is based in part on reported complications. The most suspect claim is: "If all hospitals performed at the level of a 5-star rated hospital, 185,875 inhospital complications may have been avolided among Medicare patients over the three years studied." Comments?

By Lewis Y. on 7/24/13
Helpful answer

No. My experience with orthognathic surgery.

By Michele S. on 6/4/16
Helpful answer

This is the primary issue with this site and similar sites. They let people post "reviews" that can be false, made up and fraudulent under the cloak of anonymity.No one from Healthgrades will respond to you;although, if you contact Healthgrades by e-mail, you will eventually receive a response stating that you can sign up for instructions on how to improve your ratings; for a fee. It's also called extortion. The only way you can successfully have a negative review removed is by hiring an attorney and sue.

By Stephen R. on 11/2/15

Helpful answer

The only way you would be able to remove false unfavorable reviews is t hire an attorney and sue. If you contact Healthgrades by e-mail they will eventually contact you and you can sign up for their instructional classes on how to improve your ratings; for a fee.

By Stephen R. on 10/30/15
Questions? Get answers from the HealthGrades staff and other customers.

HealthGrades?