US Government’s NSF

Categories: Downloads, Games
Tel: 5.9947901997

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

I'm really not happy with customer service. I just accidentally purchased a game from them that wasn't compatible with my OS. I contacted customer service just ten minutes after I purchased the game. They refused to refund me my money, after I have previously purchased games from them before. I thought that this was much poorer service than I would have received from a competitor like Amazon. I will no longer be doing business with GoG.

With the very disappointing launch of One Mans Lie (No mans sky) I had pre-ordered through GOG and simply after explaining to customer support that the game sucked they refunded me. It took about 15mins from when I first emailed them before they replied offering me a bank transfer or store credit. I replied and seconds later the confirmed the transfer. Very friendly, no questions asked. Definitely would recommend

Another site that does not allow SSO from Google/Facebook and requires the user to create yet another marginal website account on the internet.

I bought a game that turned out to be missing few features in comparison with the same game offered directly by its producer. So I applied for a refund, as the description didn't mention the fact it is not a fully-featured version. Meeeh....

I had to wait 10 days for a response, sending them ~10 mails in the meantime. Then the response was something like "Here, take the money. Why did you buy it if you knew you didn't like it ? It's all your fault, be happy that we kindly give you a refund".

Garbage - never ever again. I don't want to go through this hell again.

YES, I'm one of the PISSED OFF customers. On May 28th, 2016 I Ordered and Paid to receive CONQUEST: FRONTIER WARS. I tried several times to download and it kept failing.
I have been trying to get a hold of someone at GOG ever since. NO SUCH LUCK!!! I would say it was like they disappeared off the face of the Earth, but NO, they are still around because I keep getting their 'offers' to buy more. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT EVER HAPPENING AGAIN!!
The $5.99 for the game, about 2x Fosters Oil cans worth, no biggie, but the principle of the matter, GOG, if they are going to operate like this, they need to be taken down, and I have given them several opportunities to make it right, and they won't even contact me and even have the decency to LIE to me, or give some BS excuse. So I'll revoke payment and report them the BBB. I suggest everyone do the same.

One FRIGGIN STAR because there is no ZERO stars.

I purchased a game from and so has one of my friends. Specifically I purchased Gangsters: Organized Crime and my friend purchased Dungeon Keeper 2. Both are slated to function on a Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7. Needless to say, neither game functioned on any of the three systems (yes I am an adult computer nerd who has all 3 systems and so do my friends/colleagues :) ). Per the website's recommendations, I ensured all my directX drivers were updated, attempted to run the software in 256 color mode, as an administrator, and run in different compatibility modes for all three systems. Not to mention I used several other methods that I am aware of to attempt to get the game to work (including bypassing introductory videos through the game configuration code). The DirectDraw components on the dxdiag check are enabled and functioning appropriately as will as the Direct3D components. My friend attempted the same and no matter what we tried we still could not get the software to run.

My friend and I both requested a refund from this store and we were both denied despite being well within the 30 day money back guarantee period. The only thing we were offered was store credit which is apparently only good for a year. How can we purchase a product that doesn't function and then our store credit money is only good for a year?

On the homepage of the website they specifically state that if the game does not function that they will issue a refund. Apparently this is not the case. Even with using the Steam website I only ever had one of Steam's games that would not run and they issued me a prompt refund.

Stay away from They DO NOT honor their "Money Back" guarantee. The lack of integrity they possess as a company is deplorable and their business license should be revoked and their server promptly shut down. Some others my have been able to get their software to run, but they are taking quite a risk with purchasing from this company. Remember just because one purchased software component worked this time, doesn't mean a newly purchased piece of software will work next time and at that point with this company, you are just up the creek without a paddle.

Tip for consumers: Stay away!

They have lots of sales on Games. However most of them are outdated and or older games that most people don't care to play anymore. I have never dealt with their customer service, but when you order a game it instantly starts downloading and an hour later you're playing.

Best site to buy games drm-free.

Sadly I didn't find this site and saw other GOG reviews that praised it. I purchased a game described as "download for multiple platforms" and started to download it. I cancelled the download when I found out it was ONLY Windows, and then asked for a refund. Throughout the purchase and all over their site is a "30-Day Money Back" guarantee, but when I contacted the site they only offered store credit under the guise that the game was already downloaded (also a lie). Not only did they lie about the platform of the game but the refund guarantee as well. I refused to take their store credit as I would not be using this scam website again. It looked like a scam for a reason: it IS!

Tip for consumers: Don't use it! It's a scam!

They seem to have some fine games on there...but I wouldn't know, I couldn't get it to work on my computer. Then life happened and I got busy: a month or so later, I contact them and tell them it won't work, but they won't refund my money. The email I received from "Lisa" in their customer service was short and not very honest/polite (it ended with the phrase "I can't help you.") After I told them their customer service sucks, they begrudgingly offered a credit. I told them to stick it up their a$$. I refuse to support a company that treats its customers like crap and so should you. Look elsewhere for your games.

After repeated emails, i am at a loss as the company won't refund me my monies (even though it accepts the programmes doesn't work on Mac, even though they clearly advertise that it does). Instead they offer a credit on their account. Why should i have to settle for a credit? Can anyone give me advise what i should do?

9/20/15 has delivered countless titles, playable straight "out of the box." This site has made it easy to download and play classic titles immediately on modern versions of Windows. I am impressed with the service and the library of games available.

Got myself Kings Bounty on GOG.COM.Had every single bug possible,payed the same price at issues what soever.Waste of money and time

Its a complete scam. I downloaded commados pack and it wont work. reinstalled gog and galaxy etc. all games too. wont even load. I cancelled the credit card i used just in case its a hoax. Oh and go ahead and try to use the site to contact customer care. Its not possible as they dont exist. Be warned I really think all the reviews and so called "users"are complete shills. I bet no one has ever downloaded a gamer from them.

Apparently if a CD-Key is bought from a third party and that key happened to be originally bought with a stolen credit card. They'll revoke YOUR game after you bought it legally, despite having no knowledge whatsoever about how it was originally purchased. Without any notification.

I bought NWN diamond and NWN 2 Complete and neither would even download. I tried the new Gog Galaxy and the older Gog downloader and neither will even start the download. I tried the use the report feature two different times and it pops up an error message. I contacted tech support and never heard back. Poorest quality game site I have ever seen.

I bought the game "Torchlight" from on macintosh. It fails to work, and I've messaged their technical support three times and counting about it, over the past week. I've received no reply. Also note that three of the positive reviews for on this site are cut and pasted from each other, which is always suspicious.

No installation instructions requires you to download a 4 gig file in browser before it can install do not buy large games from gog.

Downloaded software and it would not run. Asked for refund and was told to send diag. files. So now I paid for the opportunity to be their debugger! Think not. They claim software would work - it did not so refund my money. DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

If you ever have a problem with anything there will be no help. Their payment options also are quite odd. I had more then enough money and a card that allowed international. would not accept payment. then switched money to paypal account to buy it. told me payment was not accepted but got charged. Had to fight tooth and nail to get the money back but they could not give me the game. I find them to be garbage mostly. but if you can get your games might be ok. Go steam if you have an option. Also if you notice most of the reviews are copy/paste. clearly company at work.

Good website. There's a lot of old but cool games you can buy and play on.

I love this site, it's easy to use and I found a lot of games I haven't played for a looong time! Very fun and the games are at the right price. I'm really glad to have found this site. ^^

Been wanting to buy something off GOG for a few years and finally a Dungeon Keeper 2 promo came along where it was like $2.50. I couldn't pass it up. Well not only did the site actually do what it was supposed to, but the game was fully patched AND actually plays properly!!!! And on top of that I got Witcher for free which I wasn't expecting and didn't even know about that promo. Maybe my expectations are really low and I'm used to things never, ever working, but GOG did come through seamlessly.

So... obviously you need Steam due to some games ONLY being on Steam (and some content being workshop-only also, and multi-player 1st or 3rd party...), but whenever possible get your stuff DRM-free from GOG.

1 of the best site i found really enjoy with it! love!

FANTASTIC SITE! Great bargains on great games, always doing special deals, and entirely trustworthy. I've bought loads of games from them with not a single problem so far.

Can't recommend GOG enough.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GOG staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 6/4/16
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the GOG staff and other customers.