US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

ccc19
12/7/16

I am still waiting in the phone for customer service to answer their phone. I am going to report them to the better business bureau. They said to me there was a problem with the processing so they approve it first and then cancel it. There person was reading from a script of some sort. Do not order any cards from them. They do not answer emails either.

jayt72
12/5/16

Website is horrible, customer service is worse. Fulfillment is snail-slow. Would never do business with them again.

nicolee26
12/1/16

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. The address I provided was correct, yet the mailman failed to deliver the package for unknown reasons. Come to find out, its being sent back to the company and I will receive a refund which could take 15 days. I then have to RE ORDER the cards which was a massive headache in the first place due to the large cost. Im now waiting for my refund and will be taking my business elsewhere once that occurs. What a disaster.

me9833
11/21/16

I tried to give my niece an egift card. But when she got the link, she couldn't redeem it. I called customer service and they claim that 'they're having trouble with this type of gift card, and the transaction keeps failing'. They recommended that I request a refund and try something else. I requested the refund, but after two phone calls it still hasn't been applied to my credit card. So it seems both my niece AND I are left empty-handed.

gm77
11/19/16

I spent an hour selecting 42 different gift cards for employees and the order went through. An hour later I get an email stating the order was cancelled due to security. I wrote several emails back and forth with customer service. They said to call the second tier risk team, I did and they said they couldn't help either and to just place the order again. And, the information I used was correct for the credit card. I wish I would have read these reviews before I used this company. Don't use this company!!

tinaj53
11/18/16

I would never recommend this company to anyone! They cancelled our sale and rejected our purchase for absolutely no reason and then when I questioned them, they said the company does not disclose such information! They have utterly the worst customer service ever!

janetc76
11/14/16

I placed an order on 10/24 and on 10/25 the order status said processed. When the status didn't change to shipped by 11/8, I called and told that it was on the way and to call back if I didn't receive it by 11/18. I called today, 11/14 because the status still did not say shipped. I was told that there was a glitch in the system and that the orders were shipping today. I received an email this afternoon saying that due to a system problem my order wasn't processed; but was cancelled. It also said I could place a reorder. I called and asked why they couldn't process it and I was told that I had to reorder and that my refund would be processed in 3-6 days. Don't waste you time; and don't tie up your money!!! In my case it was $547!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't do this!!!!!

robertb381
10/17/16

After attempting to make a purchase of an egift card from the Kroger website I received a call saying that this company needed additional information. I couldn't understand the phone number. I called the main company and immediately canceled the order because the way it was being handled seemed highly unprofessional and smelled of a scam. They had already placed a pre-authorization on my bank account. When I told them I wanted the pre-authorization removed I was told that they couldn't do that and I'd have to call my bank. This was a lie. After speaking with my bank they told me GiftCardMall could have done what I requested. Of course "Cole" give me the old "a supervisor is not available". He also continued to use my first name despite the fact that I told him that he should not use my first name. I've already sent an email to the grocery that is linking to this site, and will not be making a purchase as the whole experience left a bad taste. I cannot recommend them. This company is owned by Blackhawk Network, Inc. The corporate # is Phone: 925-226-9990.

joannat16
10/6/16

Egift card was promised the same day, next day told it would be delivered the following day, the following day I was told it would be delivered in 10 days, meanwhile they charged my card. I called to reverse charges, two reps hung up in me. I called my bank and the band reversed the charges, never use this company.

clairem61
10/3/16

I routinely shop on-line. I attempted to purchase a e-gift card and the purchase was rejected twice. The first time, it was canceled purportedly for lack of verification. The second time, I verified my information on the phone with a representative and my order was canceled again. My son's teacher did not receive her gift card in time for her birthday. Extremely disappointing. Do not recommend this vendor.

johns1469
10/3/16

This is a scam - they charge you for whatever card you order and then they cancel your order under the pretense that there is a "security breach" - they then hold your money and you have to wait for a reimbursement. SCAM AVOID SCAM AVOID

julieb162
9/27/16

I wish I could give NO STARS! I've uses this site to purchase gift cards with no problem, until last week. We tried to buy gift cards but the orders were rejected. We tried different computers, different cards and even tried another family member's card, all to no avail! Every credit cared company approved the purchases but GCM kept rejecting them! After many calls to customer service, and after my situation was "escalated" I was told that they can't tell me why, but they no longer want my business!!! TOTALLY AWFUL EXPERIENCE WITH AN UNETHICAL COMPANY! STAY VERY FAR AWAY!

terranced6
9/22/16

I ordered two gift cards from them. One gift card never made to its destination so they shipped it to my home address a month later. They wouldn't give a refund since i received the card. The second, I ordered because the first card was lost. I never received the second card and I was never issued a refund to this day. Every time I call for my refund, I get the run around.
Reference #0430753.

mauricem35
8/30/16

Purchased a gift card for my daughter in law and my credit card was charged, ten hours later the card is cancelled for security reasons so my daughter in law never received her birthday ecard and I was charged $50.00. Can we say scam???? Shame on you

roberts346
8/30/16

On Aug. 5, in response to a promotional solicitation sent via email from King Soopers, I purchased 3 gift cards (3 x $100), intending to use 2 of them as gifts for an event on Labor Day weekend. Not only was I called by GCM to confirm the credit card transaction, but I also contacted them via email after 11 days to inquire about the order status, since they were not received. I contacted GCM again yesterday (Aug. 29, 2016) since I did not receive the cards, and now today I have received a phone call saying that they cannot honor the order and are refunding my money (God knows how many "business days" that will take). This is unacceptable, that they clearly have records of the transaction, and they cannot ship out the 3 gift cards to me? I passed up an opportunity to get discounted gift cards from another source since I had this order pending. Now I'm stuck paying the higher price. This is absolutely unacceptable service, and a waste of consumers' time.

(Incidentally, I wish I had checked their rating here before conducting the initial transaction; I would definitely not have attempted this purchase through Gift Card Mall.)

garrettd13
Garrett D.
8/9/16

I ordered a $50 card for some friends who just had a baby, and the order said it was processed. An hour later, I got an email saying it was cancelled. I called my bank, they verified a few transactions, and said I shouldn't have any problems. So I ordered the same gift card, but paid with a different credit card. Exactly 20 minutes later, I got another cancellation notice. Then I received an email from "Gerson A" with "GiftCardMall Risk Management" saying my transactions were cancelled due to security concerns.
Such a hassle, unprofessional, and inconvenient.

darrins6
8/9/16

I bought a gift card for a friend in Canada. He gets the gift card and the "small print" says he cant use it in Canada!!! WTF???? Of course they DO NOT tell you that these cards are NOT for international use on the website or when you are ordering it!!

I called for a refund, and its been a month now, and I STILL haven't gotten my money back!!!
They keep saying "its takes 15 days", "it takes 15 days"....... Well, its been OVER 15 days and I have NO REFUND!!

Lazy, lethargic, and useless doesn't even begin to describe these people!!!

Update 9/01/2016--
I finally had to end up filing a complaint with the State Attorney General for fraud.
I FINALLY got my refund after having to waste my time having to report them for theft and online fraud!

dond72
7/28/16

Ordered a $250 Gift Card on the 15th.The website indicated we would have the card in 5 to 8 business days. On the 28th (9 business days) I called. They hadn't started to process the order and it would be 5 to 8 more working days. I said just refund the money. They said that would take up to 15 business days. Asking to talk to a supervisor did not help.
Total fail. I don't know if I lost $250 or not.
The Gift Card Mall is not operated by Krogers....

sallyv7
7/23/16

Terrible business practices! I ordered an e-gift card FIVE days ago to be mailed to my daughter in law. I waited two days and then called customer service. I was told then that there is a "SECURITY TEAM" that must review all sales and that can take up to 72 HOURS!! I would say that is my bank OK's the damn sale, then that is ALL the security they need to know! Two days later, I call back again and was given the same line of BS. My daughter in law still does not have her card. NOWHERE on their website does it talk of waiting for a "security process" Why is this place still in business?? STAY FAR AWAY!!

amyr75
7/20/16

I have been ripped off!

christopherz6
7/13/16

Tried to order safeway giftcards for my son in college they canceled my order twice do to their "security screening". Lol they screened out a real customer good job

sandym77
7/5/16

I purchased 3 - $100 Safeway cards on 5/12/16 and still cannot get them activated. I have called 5 times and they keep saying that they have escalated it to their 2nd Tier. This just goes on and on and so embarrassing as I sent them as gift cards to family members out of town.

bric216
6/27/16

They hung up on me twice and when I did get get a hold of someone they didn't want to help me at all and he sounded like he had better things to do, What the hick? Terrible place. NEVER BUY FROM THIS PLACE.
If I could give it no stars I would.

Tip for consumers: Dont use it

michelenec
6/23/16

If giftcardmall is going to refuse orders, why bother to be un business. My bank approved the purchase, the information matched, so what is the problem. Lousy service.

humas2
6/20/16

I bought a card from them for $200 and when I tried to use that it showed zero balance , I called and least trained customer service guy told me to call later , I called 8day later and i was told that they are still working , I asked to connect me to supervisor and she very gladly told me that they can't do anything , they took away my $200

13 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GiftCardMall staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 6/10/16
Answer
darrins6
Darrin S.
A: More than likely, as they do with most people who order from them, take your money and then couldn't care less after that.
on 9/4/16