Review of GiftCardMall

Tel: 1-877-426-2551
customerservice@giftcardmall.com

georget129
7/17/17

I WANT A REFUND IF NOT ILL JUST SUE YOU GUYS FOR FRAUD. I KEEP TRYING TO BUY A EGIFT CARD FOR SOMEONE AND I GET NO REASON ON WHY MY ORDER WAS CANCELLED

johnb909
7/17/17

Look at all the negative reviews. There's a reason for it. This company is incredibly bad at business. I placed a $3k order for physical Visa cards. They called next day to verify some info, seemed ok. Then I waited over two weeks. Called several times, reps were pleasant, but said they didn't know, there was a glitch, someone higher is looking into it, higher dept looking into it, manager involved, etc. Unfortunately, I had already made payment while this was going on, since my statement was due. They finally agreed to cancel and refund, but then never refunded me! I eventually disputed it through my credit card. Don't order from them. Ever.

paulac84
7/17/17

I purchased a target gift card for electronic delivery as a gift for a graduation party (that I was unable to attend). I received a confirmation via email that I had purchased and that it would be delivered via email on the desired date. However, before the card was received, the gift card was cancelled with no notice to me and with no explanation as to why. So while I thought the recipient got my gift, the gift card was never received. Now, after several apologies to the recipient and many searches for the email by us both, I must get a new gift that will be weeks late. I do NOT recommend this company!!!

jeremiahl14
7/14/17

I ordered a visa card for my daughters birthday only to receive a cancellation notice 2 days later. I called to ask why it was cancelled and they would not tell me why. I have since purchased a visa card at Walmart and mailed it to my daughter using the same credit card I attempted to use online. The notice came on a Friday so the birthday gift will be late. thanks.

brittanyc49
6/22/17

I purchased two of the iTunes egift cards yesterday. It's been more than 24 hours and I still have not received my iTunes cards. I will give them tomorrow to get this right but if not I will demand a refund considering they already got money out of my account. I have spoke to 5 different people and they tell me the same thing and nothing has happened. One more day like I mentioned and that's it. I'm done playing with these people, $150 dollars I could have used for something else smh

mimig9
6/14/17

I have called and emailed the company several times regarding a fraudulent card they had sold me. It had already been used in Hawaii, which I did not go to. It was for Panda Express and they told me Panda was responsible. It didn't make sense , it was giftcard mall who sold me the ecard, which had never left my office. They would not reimburse me so I am out $25, and also had to pay for the food at Panda Express since it didn't work there. I am really angered and feel so ripped off by this company . Don't buy cards from them , there is either a glitche in their online system or they are purposely selling gift cards that are already used. There is probably in house theft, but they don't want to reimburse the customers who have been ripped off.

parishp
6/9/17

I wish I would have read these reviews prior to jumping into
A E- gift card purchase. I had surgery today and needed it for someone who has strongly been there ! No e- card ever came , no receipt , no
Emails ever returned !! They messed with the wrong costumer this time , I am going to put my authority to use and have them investigated by every agency out there! Allowing them 24 hrs more to solve this issues. Anyone interested in joking this pursuit . Please respond ! Day of surgery this is the last thing I need , and I am sure the last thing any of us wanted to deal with !!!!

brendal75
5/22/17

I purchased a $500 gift card from Nordstrom. I never received the gift card however they charged my account. I made at least three calls to no avail. Additionally, I sent several emails requesting to either cancel the gift card or send it through immediately, again....to no avail. Finally, I was able to reach someone who informed me that they will credit my account however, it can take up to 15 business days. He was perplexed as to why I had not received my card LOL. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

nonamed1
5/20/17

Who would like to join me? If you are interested please respond. I believe there is enough evidence that this company has unfair practices and robs people of their money. They need to be audited for compliance of their own bylaws found here:https://www.giftcardmall.com/bancorp-cardholder-agreement by the FDIC, as well as, be held accountable for their horrible banking practices which cheat consumers out of their money.

melaneyr
5/17/17

I bought a gift card, was told that it was invalid when I tried to use it, have spent hours with no response from them.
My credit card company told memthat they send in enough info to satisfy federal guidelines and so they were unable to issue a refund.
Hard to imagine how these employees sleep at night!

lb97
5/14/17

I don't understand why this company hasn't been reported to the Better Business Bureau or a similar watchdog org.

My story isn't any different--made an order that the site tried to flag in no less than three fields as "expired" and "invalid" upon entering the billing info (which really should have been my first clue that something was up), but it ultimately went through. Got a confirmation email and number...a few hours later, I get an email saying the order has been cancelled and offering no explanation, and obviously, no gift card. My credit card is showing that the refund was at least automatic with the cancellation, but in the meantime, thanks for messing up my mom's Mother's Day present, jerks!

If you can't properly operate a basic ecommerce site, it's time to close up shop.

susanneg3
5/12/17

I ordered a gift card for a friend that lives in another state. Received the confirmation email and three hours later received a cancellation email. Money was never taken out of my account but when I called, no one could tell me why the transaction was cancelled. The kicker is, even in the cancellation email it stated that the transaction had been approved.

No thank you, I'm not trying that again!!

bs121
4/8/17

enough said....................................................................................................................................................................................................

cd114
3/17/17

Ordered an e-gift card for my sister who is overseas on a Tuesday...her birthday was on Wednesday...notification came Thursday that they couldn't process my order. This was the note in the email..."Unfortunately the order was not approved by our security screening process, and as a result, the gift card will not be shipped." I called to inquire...I thought there may have been an issue with my card. The lady on the phone was super rude and told me that my order was cancelled because the IP addresses didn't match my Billing Address...I order everything from work and have NEVER EVER had any issue with any other vendor. I told her that this was ridiculous and has now made my gift late and then she proceeds to yell at me telling me that they were just trying to protect me. Appreciate the effort but I can't order everything from my home computer, that's just not realistic. So instead of calling me to confirm, they cancel the whole order. DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!! The rules are ridiculous as well as the so called customer service!

cosmok
2/28/17

Mark my words...you will regret it! One order goes through fine and the next is cancelled for no reason. When you call them, they can't provide you a reason. I even received one, printed it out and took it to the store only to find out it had been cancelled. They try to say it is security reasons or something is wrong with your credit card, but it is THEIR system. It only brings frustration. Stay away and choose alternatives.

Tip for consumers: na

kathryng31
2/21/17

Horrible service. They rejected my order, but no one could give me a reason why. I have never had an order rejected and was terribly offended. I told the representative that I wouldn't hang up until someone explained the reason for the rejection, but all 3 levels of service could say was that "the system rejected the order and no one in the company could tell me why." The representative hung up on me after 3 warnings, ha!

christopherp78
2/15/17

Ordered a electronic gift card and scheduled it to be emailed on Valentines day. Email never arrived and I received the following email on 2/15 (I have high 700 credit rating so no clue how they determined the following):

The order placed through Giftcardmall.com, has been cancelled. Unfortunately the order was not approved by our security screening process, and as a result, the gift card will not be shipped. No funds were collected from your credit or debit card for this order.

Don't use this service as you will be embarrassed for lack of gift arriving for occasion.

debh38
1/19/17

I would not use this business at all; it makes it nearly impossible to do business with them. They double billed my credit card and when I called for an answer on why they hung up on me. Disreputable!

tonyw80
1/18/17

Like others, they charged my card and arbitrarily cancelled my order. I will be filing a dispute with my credit card company. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!!!!

anitah30
1/4/17

I placed an order for 6 picture gift cards on Nov 26, '16. I received a confirmation # and shipping date was scheduled for Nov 30, '16. This company withdrew $629.75 from my checking account on Dec 1, '16. These gift cards were for my grandchildren's Christmas gifts. On Dec 13, '16, after my calling to check on my order - I found out that my order could not be located and it was ultimately cancelled. I have been working since Dec 13, '16 to get my refund. Now, it seems it has been lost. There is supposedly an investigation going on in the accounting department. I was even told last week that my money was refunded on Dec 13, '16 - which it WAS NOT! Today, they tell me that the investigation is ongoing in the accounting department. I will continue to call 3x weekly until I have satisfaction. I am 70 yrs old and do not have funds to throw out the window. My grandchildren will miss out on a gift from their Nana in 2016. If you need a good phone # to call: 844-363-8928. I will NEVER use this web site again! I hope it's not too late for you!

natalyad1
12/28/16

Terrible company...my money were taken out of my account right away, on Dec. 21 but it is 12/28 and the e-gift card never came. Shame, shame, shame!

robins157
12/20/16

A month ago I ordered a gift card. I've never received a "shipped" confirmation, much less tracking. If I call, all I can do is cancel the order via computer; I can't actually talk to anyone. No one has answered my email. I should never have gotten involved with this. Scam.

julies143
12/20/16

I have never dealt with a company that accepts the order and then denies it! When you call customer service to find out why, you are required to confirm many items then are told that the order was denied by their security process. They cannot offer an explanation as to why it was cancelled.

SHimalayan salt, when left in its natural state, is rich in nutrients and minerals. Since many of these elements found within each grain of salt naturally occur within us and in the environment, they are easily absorbed and utilized on a cellular level. Pink Himalayan Salt re-mineralizes the body with minerals and trace elements essential to our health and well being.

This smells like a SCAM!!!!!!

ashleed
12/16/16

Two bad experiences from ordering from this company. I think the company was bought out by another vender because last year when I ordered an EGift card via Stales website I got my item with no issues at all. Earlier this year I tried to order a card and Staples told me they didn't handle the cards anymore & that it was handled thorough GiftCardMall now. Never received my item and when requesting a refund Staples said that it should've come from GCM and GCM said it should come from Staples, Staples ended up refunding me. After I realized that the company was def. dealing with a new vendor I tried to order from them again, the order went through, item was charged to my card and it actually shipped. I was mildly impressed, seemed like things were working as it should, however I never received the email for the EGift card & I'm aware that sometimes these things can end up in your spam/junk folder so I contacted CS via their number 1877-426-2551. Spoke with a rep who gladly re-sent the info to me, but when trying to redeem the card I got an error message that said "This page cannot be displayed. Please check back later or call customer service." called back and another rep told me that it was the browser I was using. Apparently their site isn't compatible with Safari, she advised me to use Firefox or Google Chrome, which I did and still no solution. Called for the third time & yes, as other have stated it's about a 20 min. hold time just for you to reach a live rep, the last rep also tried to re-send the card to me, but I still had the same issue, she suggested I could receive a refund in 15 business days or have the issue further investigated by their TECH team and she also let me know that if I choose to have the issue looked at by their TECH team that it could take an extended period of time. I choose to be refunded obviously and she also mentioned she would have the issue escalated to upper management for them to take a look at as well, I asked her if they would actually reach out to me and she assured me they would but in my opinion it's highly unlikely. So I'll have to wait an additional three weeks to receive a refund and on that 15th day when I don't get my refund I'll be inclined to open a dispute with my bank about the charge, however in the mean time I will be calling GCM back to speak directly with their manager this following week to be sure all the info was documented properly and that he's aware of this huge inconvenience that a lot of the customers are facing. I don't blame the customer staff, they were trying to be helpful, however I've never heard of company that receives so many complaints and can't accommodate the customers or offer any kind of solution their issue. This is the last time that I will ever attempt to buy from them.

deniseb105
12/15/16

Submitted a large order on Dec 1. Charge hit my card on Dec 2. Estimated ship date was Dec 5. It is now Dec 15 and I have no cards. After numerous calls and emails all week, on hold at least 30 minutes each time, and not one call back as promised, I am told today that there was a glitch and my cards were not able to be printed (when I was told all week that they were printed and awaiting shipping), and my order was canceled and credit card was credited. Except my credit card has not been credited! Do not order from Gift Card Mall -

Helpful answer

File a dispute with this company. If took all of the money on your card you have the right to complain to the FTC and the BBB. It looks like there enough people who are having problems with this company to file a class action lawsuit.

By NoName D. on 12/15/12
Helpful answer

I will never deal with them again. They do not send the gift card and it takes forever to get a refund.

By Bonnie S. on 9/3/15
Helpful answer

Probably way too late to follow up on this..but did you ever get your refund? I am asking because I used my card on Monday and had to return some of the items today. The refund was not immediate. Called number on back of card..it's automated only..no live person. Finally found a real customer service number to call (1-877-426-2551) and spoke to someone who said it can take up to seven days. I also ended up finding that information buried in the terms and conditions of the card user agreement. I am concerned this money will not make it back on the card. Hopefully it shows up. I will update when the results come in (or don't come in).

By Melissa C. on 1/25/16
Helpful answer

More than likely, as they do with most people who order from them, take your money and then couldn't care less after that.

By Darrin S. on 6/10/16
Helpful answer

My experience with GiftCard Mall was TERRIBLE! First, they did not send the gift card (or a notification) and now it has been over a month and even after calling them 4 times, they have not refunded my money. They are a scam.

By Bonnie S. on 7/16/15
Helpful answer

Find out what your balance is by calling them. I willing to bet it's much less than what you think. That's been the experience of many people on this site.

By Lisa C. on 4/13/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the GiftCardMall staff and other customers.

GiftCardMall?