US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

garrettd13
8/9/16

I ordered a $50 card for some friends who just had a baby, and the order said it was processed. An hour later, I got an email saying it was cancelled. I called my bank, they verified a few transactions, and said I shouldn't have any problems. So I ordered the same gift card, but paid with a different credit card. Exactly 20 minutes later, I got another cancellation notice. Then I received an email from "Gerson A" with "GiftCardMall Risk Management" saying my transactions were cancelled due to security concerns.
Such a hassle, unprofessional, and inconvenient.

darrins6
8/9/16

I bought a gift card for a friend in Canada. He gets the gift card and the "small print" says he cant use it in Canada!!! WTF???? Of course the DO NOT tell you that on the website or when you are ordering it!!

I called for a refund, and its been a month now, and I STILL haven't gotten my money back!!!
They keep saying "its takes 15 days", "it takes 15 days"....... Well, its been OVER 15 days and I have NO REFUND!!

Lazy, lethargic, and useless doesn't even begin to describe these people!!!

dond72
7/28/16

Ordered a $250 Gift Card on the 15th.The website indicated we would have the card in 5 to 8 business days. On the 28th (9 business days) I called. They hadn't started to process the order and it would be 5 to 8 more working days. I said just refund the money. They said that would take up to 15 business days. Asking to talk to a supervisor did not help.
Total fail. I don't know if I lost $250 or not.
The Gift Card Mall is not operated by Krogers....

sallyv7
7/23/16

Terrible business practices! I ordered an e-gift card FIVE days ago to be mailed to my daughter in law. I waited two days and then called customer service. I was told then that there is a "SECURITY TEAM" that must review all sales and that can take up to 72 HOURS!! I would say that is my bank OK's the damn sale, then that is ALL the security they need to know! Two days later, I call back again and was given the same line of BS. My daughter in law still does not have her card. NOWHERE on their website does it talk of waiting for a "security process" Why is this place still in business?? STAY FAR AWAY!!

amyr75
7/20/16

I have been ripped off!

christopherz6
7/13/16

Tried to order safeway giftcards for my son in college they canceled my order twice do to their "security screening". Lol they screened out a real customer good job

sandym77
7/5/16

I purchased 3 - $100 Safeway cards on 5/12/16 and still cannot get them activated. I have called 5 times and they keep saying that they have escalated it to their 2nd Tier. This just goes on and on and so embarrassing as I sent them as gift cards to family members out of town.

bric216
6/27/16

They hung up on me twice and when I did get get a hold of someone they didn't want to help me at all and he sounded like he had better things to do, What the hick? Terrible place. NEVER BUY FROM THIS PLACE.
If I could give it no stars I would.

Tip for consumers: Dont use it

michelenec
6/23/16

If giftcardmall is going to refuse orders, why bother to be un business. My bank approved the purchase, the information matched, so what is the problem. Lousy service.

humas2
6/20/16

I bought a card from them for $200 and when I tried to use that it showed zero balance , I called and least trained customer service guy told me to call later , I called 8day later and i was told that they are still working , I asked to connect me to supervisor and she very gladly told me that they can't do anything , they took away my $200

greggp6
5/28/16

Purchases accepted, approved and then cancelled without any explanation. Customer "service" at base level and the elevated level in India couldn't explain why, nor did they seem to be too concerned. After third time this happened, I called it quits and closed my account that had been active for nearly three years.

I don't know what happened to the ownership or management, but this company took a hard and fast dive. If it were possible to give a negative star rating, that would be well deserved for this company!

Tip for consumers: Save yourself frustration and wasted time - Do business with a professional instead.

jeffm124
4/25/16

I bought two Legoland gift cards on April 15th, as a birthday gift. I received a confirmation e-mail stating that the ship date was the 20th of April. I called April 26th to see why it still hasn't arrived, and that's when the representative stated that the order was cancelled. I never received an e-mail stating such cancellation took place, and furthermore they had not credited my credit card if this were true. They said "sorry" , but sorry just doesn't sit well with me when I have to tell my friend "sorry , Gift Card Mall is sorry they screwed up your order and now you have no birthday gift". Now I am worried that they won't refund the money, I will have to reverse charges with my credit card company, hopefully I can get my money back that way. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, if they were truly "sorry" then they should offer to overnight the gift cards and at least refund some money back for the stress and hassle, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS CROOKED COMPANY !!!!!!!

iman50
4/20/16

OMG, who knew customer service could be this bad? I seldom write online reviews, but this company's conduct and practices are so bad that I felt an obligation to warn others. Over the last several months I have attempted 3 transactions to purchase gift cards from Gift Card Mall through Kroger.com website. All 3 were disasters, but the latest tops anything I've ever seen.
First transaction, purchased Lord & Taylor gift card to use online for Christmas shopping. Minor detail...L & T website doesn't accept the Lord & Taylor gift cards issued by Gift Card Mall. How does that even happen that GCM issues worthless gift cards for a company??
Second transaction, purchased a gift card from GCM for well-known dept. store using my debit card. Still not received after several days so called GCM. ONLY THEN was I told that they had cancelled the transaction days earlier because the billing address on debit card (as on all my bank stmts etc.) was a PO Box and they don't accept PO Boxes as billing address. Not disclosed anywhere about "NO PO Box" and didn't bother to even notify me of the status of the transaction.
Yesterday, purchased Petco card online. It's more than 24 hours later...and SIX phone calls....and no ecard received. First 4 calls, was told that it can take "4-24 hours" to process transactions. Fifth call (24+ hours after purchase) was told it can take "24 BUSINESS hours" or 3 days to process. Also told that I would get a call back by a specific time. One hour AFTER that specific time, I called back for a SIXTH time. Person on the phone (called herself "first level" rep) couldn't do anything, person who was supposed to call me back was "on another call" so I asked to be transferred to a second level person. On hold forever and then...get this...was told that "the person who handles this isn't in yet"!!! So there's ONE person in the whole company who can figure out what's going on with my transaction. Later found out that one person is in another country!!! So there's one person in the whole world??? Asked for someone else at second level and was told that no one else could investigate my inquiry - only that ONE PERSON in another country. When I asked again (and again) to be transferred to a higher level, the rep said we'd reached an "impasse" and disconnected the call.

Good grief, talk about useless representatives and horrible customer service!!! Unbelievable that Kroger continues to be affiliated with Gift Card Mall...and that reputable retail companies allow Gift Card Mall to represent them and sell their company gift cards. Avoid doing business with Gift Card Mall!!!

deborahv10
4/12/16

The gift card I ordered never arrived. I eventually gave up and cancelled the order. I was told the refund would take "one to fifteen business days". After fifteen business days, no refund appeared. Phoned again. Was told they were busy due to it being a holiday and that I would have to wait another one to fifteen business days for my refund. Horrible horrible horrible!

charlieg20
3/28/16

got a card from my sis (who paid 4.75 for it) for christmas.....presented it at dinner last night and found 20% of the amount of the card missing. This was a "METABANK" card through giftcardmall. No email address, a 1-888 number that is set so you can't speak with a customer service rep, only respond to the automated system. I consider this place a fraud, scam, and ripoff. STAY AWAY FROM FROM ALL GIFTCARDMALL debit cards, regardless of type (VISA, MC, AMEX, etc) from any source other then a reputable bank or credit union. Or you can just walk out into a WALMART parking lot and throw your money into the air.

Tip for consumers: DON'T

sarah2477
3/18/16

There was a fraudulent charge from gift card mall on my debit card. I called them to look into it and after 5 minutes of searching they found info that matched mine. They told me that there were multiple attempts of different amounts and one finally went through. Why they wouldn't stop multiple attempts is beyond me. They said they have the email address that the e-gift card went to but that it is against company policy to inform me of it. They went on to say that their fraud department would call me in 3-5 business days with any more information. I asked to be transferred to that department, they said that wasn't possible. I asked to have the number so I can call myself, they said that they do not have a number for them, that they contact each other through internal emails. So, they admit that there were fraudulent transactions but i'm at a stand still until they decide to contact me, hopefully next week? After reading many reviews on this company, I am confident I will not hear from them at all. And, yes, that information above is from a "manager" that also refused to answer any of my questions while repeating the same info again and again before hanging up on me. Disrespectful and rude employees spouting lie after lie. Avoid this company at all costs.

bc68
2/29/16

I received 2 gift cards for Christmas. Both were from giftcardmall.
I activated them and went to use within the week of activation and there was no money on them except a penny on each. I called Giftcard mall and they were useless other than to tell me that they were used and where they were used. They did not offer to compensate. informed me I had to fill out a form and i had to go the website and download then send in etc. I called the company where they were used and they were great. They researched and put the money back on the card for me. I will always make sure to see where gift cards are from if I purchase in the future, Never Purchase from GIFTCARDMALL!

lindam234
2/15/16

I have been ordering Visa Cards from these people for a few years without any problems until today. They cancelled my order telling me there was a risk that warranted cancelling it. I contacted them, but they gave me a vague excuse which was of no help. At least they were decent enough to reverse the charges on my credit card. I don't know if I will try buying from them again.

kysungh
1/31/16

The company kept cancelling my order, saying it was my credit card company. Two cc companies said the orders went through. Giftcardmall said there's nothing they can do. When I tried to discuss other possibilities, they hung up on me.

I finally got an order through. They cancelled the order and told me I can never order from their site EVER.

rutht25
1/23/16

Do not use GiftCardMall. I should have checked with the reviews before purchasing. It was only after having difficulty redeeming a card and reporting it to the credit card company to withhold payment that they responded to my email requesting assistance. Even at that time they said the issue was not with their company rather with the business related to the gift card that I had purchased and said that the onus was on me to follow up with the business. I would give it less than zero star but it is not an option on the rating scale.

hollisc12
1/20/16

BAd Bad Bad - Do not order from these incompetent asses.

debbien20
1/18/16

Thinking I had a found an easy way to order personalized visa gift cards for neices and nephews for Christmas this year - boy was I wrong! They mailed the wrong cards to the wrong people, customer service - useless! I had to pay to have the cards shipped back to the right locations (thanks to my family members taking them to FedEx for me) they were still late do to the companies inabilities to follow the shipping instructions provided for the cards. Seriously, four cards, two addresses? One of the cards got to the correct location - the rest had to be resent on my dime. Oh, customer service - seriously it took them 4 weeks to even get back to me - four week?????? Horrible - buyer beware, do not buy!!!

pf18
1/10/16

Beware. A simple $25 gift card, and I can't get the full $25.00. They are keeping 20%. Said it was a "Visa Requirement" that they can only process a gift card up to 80% of it's face value. The agreement says nothing about this. If you lookup the card info on their Web site, it confirms that they are holding 20% and it's "Locked" and even after several calls and many days of waiting, that 20% is still locked. What a scam. They have to be making lots of money if they scam every customer out of 20%.

sallyt17
1/8/16

Don't order cards through this company. I've spent all day trying to get a simple giftcard and they keep cancelling it over and over again now I've spent 45 minutes on the phone doing even more verifications when it would have been a 3 min purchase at the store. I don't mind security but when it's tied to an account, tied to another account being sent to yourself I'm just really not sure what the problem could be. Not a fan.

matth1543
1/5/16

I have placed many prior orders with this company. They've always delivered what I paid for... always. Yesterday I placed a gift card order, & today I received an email requesting me to call them. I'd been randomly selected to answer a customer survey. They asked questions such as what website I'd ordered from, why I placed such a large order (2 gift cards), and what cross streets are near my house. I recognize the questions as identity-verification questions... so I'm comforted they're working in an honest manner. The clerk informed me I'll get my cards in 7 to 10 days. I'm confident they'll send me the cards I purchased... they always do. Normally I wouldn't write a review on a company so solid, but I was shocked when I saw this forum and saw all the 1-star reviews. It doesn't make any sense, so I felt compelled to post my experiences with them. In the last 2 years, GiftCardMall.com has always delivered a professional product. I appreciate their efforts to sell to legitimate buyers and thresh out the money-launderers.

13 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GiftCardMall staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question