Review of GiftCardMall

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

brendal75
5/22/17

I purchased a $500 gift card from Nordstrom. I never received the gift card however they charged my account. I made at least three calls to no avail. Additionally, I sent several emails requesting to either cancel the gift card or send it through immediately, again....to no avail. Finally, I was able to reach someone who informed me that they will credit my account however, it can take up to 15 business days. He was perplexed as to why I had not received my card LOL. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

nonamed1
5/20/17

Who would like to join me? If you are interested please respond. I believe there is enough evidence that this company has unfair practices and robs people of their money. They need to be audited for compliance of their own bylaws found here:https://www.giftcardmall.com/bancorp-cardholder-agreement by the FDIC, as well as, be held accountable for their horrible banking practices which cheat consumers out of their money.

melaneyr
5/17/17

I bought a gift card, was told that it was invalid when I tried to use it, have spent hours with no response from them.
My credit card company told memthat they send in enough info to satisfy federal guidelines and so they were unable to issue a refund.
Hard to imagine how these employees sleep at night!

lb97
5/14/17

I don't understand why this company hasn't been reported to the Better Business Bureau or a similar watchdog org.

My story isn't any different--made an order that the site tried to flag in no less than three fields as "expired" and "invalid" upon entering the billing info (which really should have been my first clue that something was up), but it ultimately went through. Got a confirmation email and number...a few hours later, I get an email saying the order has been cancelled and offering no explanation, and obviously, no gift card. My credit card is showing that the refund was at least automatic with the cancellation, but in the meantime, thanks for messing up my mom's Mother's Day present, jerks!

If you can't properly operate a basic ecommerce site, it's time to close up shop.

susanneg3
5/12/17

I ordered a gift card for a friend that lives in another state. Received the confirmation email and three hours later received a cancellation email. Money was never taken out of my account but when I called, no one could tell me why the transaction was cancelled. The kicker is, even in the cancellation email it stated that the transaction had been approved.

No thank you, I'm not trying that again!!

bs121
4/8/17

enough said....................................................................................................................................................................................................

cd114
3/17/17

Ordered an e-gift card for my sister who is overseas on a Tuesday...her birthday was on Wednesday...notification came Thursday that they couldn't process my order. This was the note in the email..."Unfortunately the order was not approved by our security screening process, and as a result, the gift card will not be shipped." I called to inquire...I thought there may have been an issue with my card. The lady on the phone was super rude and told me that my order was cancelled because the IP addresses didn't match my Billing Address...I order everything from work and have NEVER EVER had any issue with any other vendor. I told her that this was ridiculous and has now made my gift late and then she proceeds to yell at me telling me that they were just trying to protect me. Appreciate the effort but I can't order everything from my home computer, that's just not realistic. So instead of calling me to confirm, they cancel the whole order. DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!! The rules are ridiculous as well as the so called customer service!

cosmok
2/28/17

Mark my words...you will regret it! One order goes through fine and the next is cancelled for no reason. When you call them, they can't provide you a reason. I even received one, printed it out and took it to the store only to find out it had been cancelled. They try to say it is security reasons or something is wrong with your credit card, but it is THEIR system. It only brings frustration. Stay away and choose alternatives.

Tip for consumers: na

kathryng31
2/21/17

Horrible service. They rejected my order, but no one could give me a reason why. I have never had an order rejected and was terribly offended. I told the representative that I wouldn't hang up until someone explained the reason for the rejection, but all 3 levels of service could say was that "the system rejected the order and no one in the company could tell me why." The representative hung up on me after 3 warnings, ha!

christopherp78
2/15/17

Ordered a electronic gift card and scheduled it to be emailed on Valentines day. Email never arrived and I received the following email on 2/15 (I have high 700 credit rating so no clue how they determined the following):

The order placed through Giftcardmall.com, has been cancelled. Unfortunately the order was not approved by our security screening process, and as a result, the gift card will not be shipped. No funds were collected from your credit or debit card for this order.

Don't use this service as you will be embarrassed for lack of gift arriving for occasion.

debh38
1/19/17

I would not use this business at all; it makes it nearly impossible to do business with them. They double billed my credit card and when I called for an answer on why they hung up on me. Disreputable!

tonyw80
1/18/17

Like others, they charged my card and arbitrarily cancelled my order. I will be filing a dispute with my credit card company. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!!!!

anitah30
1/4/17

I placed an order for 6 picture gift cards on Nov 26, '16. I received a confirmation # and shipping date was scheduled for Nov 30, '16. This company withdrew $629.75 from my checking account on Dec 1, '16. These gift cards were for my grandchildren's Christmas gifts. On Dec 13, '16, after my calling to check on my order - I found out that my order could not be located and it was ultimately cancelled. I have been working since Dec 13, '16 to get my refund. Now, it seems it has been lost. There is supposedly an investigation going on in the accounting department. I was even told last week that my money was refunded on Dec 13, '16 - which it WAS NOT! Today, they tell me that the investigation is ongoing in the accounting department. I will continue to call 3x weekly until I have satisfaction. I am 70 yrs old and do not have funds to throw out the window. My grandchildren will miss out on a gift from their Nana in 2016. If you need a good phone # to call: 844-363-8928. I will NEVER use this web site again! I hope it's not too late for you!

natalyad1
12/28/16

Terrible company...my money were taken out of my account right away, on Dec. 21 but it is 12/28 and the e-gift card never came. Shame, shame, shame!

robins157
12/20/16

A month ago I ordered a gift card. I've never received a "shipped" confirmation, much less tracking. If I call, all I can do is cancel the order via computer; I can't actually talk to anyone. No one has answered my email. I should never have gotten involved with this. Scam.

julies143
12/20/16

I have never dealt with a company that accepts the order and then denies it! When you call customer service to find out why, you are required to confirm many items then are told that the order was denied by their security process. They cannot offer an explanation as to why it was cancelled.

SHimalayan salt, when left in its natural state, is rich in nutrients and minerals. Since many of these elements found within each grain of salt naturally occur within us and in the environment, they are easily absorbed and utilized on a cellular level. Pink Himalayan Salt re-mineralizes the body with minerals and trace elements essential to our health and well being.

This smells like a SCAM!!!!!!

ashleed
12/16/16

Two bad experiences from ordering from this company. I think the company was bought out by another vender because last year when I ordered an EGift card via Stales website I got my item with no issues at all. Earlier this year I tried to order a card and Staples told me they didn't handle the cards anymore & that it was handled thorough GiftCardMall now. Never received my item and when requesting a refund Staples said that it should've come from GCM and GCM said it should come from Staples, Staples ended up refunding me. After I realized that the company was def. dealing with a new vendor I tried to order from them again, the order went through, item was charged to my card and it actually shipped. I was mildly impressed, seemed like things were working as it should, however I never received the email for the EGift card & I'm aware that sometimes these things can end up in your spam/junk folder so I contacted CS via their number 1877-426-2551. Spoke with a rep who gladly re-sent the info to me, but when trying to redeem the card I got an error message that said "This page cannot be displayed. Please check back later or call customer service." called back and another rep told me that it was the browser I was using. Apparently their site isn't compatible with Safari, she advised me to use Firefox or Google Chrome, which I did and still no solution. Called for the third time & yes, as other have stated it's about a 20 min. hold time just for you to reach a live rep, the last rep also tried to re-send the card to me, but I still had the same issue, she suggested I could receive a refund in 15 business days or have the issue further investigated by their TECH team and she also let me know that if I choose to have the issue looked at by their TECH team that it could take an extended period of time. I choose to be refunded obviously and she also mentioned she would have the issue escalated to upper management for them to take a look at as well, I asked her if they would actually reach out to me and she assured me they would but in my opinion it's highly unlikely. So I'll have to wait an additional three weeks to receive a refund and on that 15th day when I don't get my refund I'll be inclined to open a dispute with my bank about the charge, however in the mean time I will be calling GCM back to speak directly with their manager this following week to be sure all the info was documented properly and that he's aware of this huge inconvenience that a lot of the customers are facing. I don't blame the customer staff, they were trying to be helpful, however I've never heard of company that receives so many complaints and can't accommodate the customers or offer any kind of solution their issue. This is the last time that I will ever attempt to buy from them.

deniseb105
12/15/16

Submitted a large order on Dec 1. Charge hit my card on Dec 2. Estimated ship date was Dec 5. It is now Dec 15 and I have no cards. After numerous calls and emails all week, on hold at least 30 minutes each time, and not one call back as promised, I am told today that there was a glitch and my cards were not able to be printed (when I was told all week that they were printed and awaiting shipping), and my order was canceled and credit card was credited. Except my credit card has not been credited! Do not order from Gift Card Mall -

dm405
12/15/16

My purchase was denied and customer service was not able to give me a reason. The charge is still on my credit card and I was told to call my bank to dispute. The company feels like a scam to me. Would not do business with them again!

deeg34
12/13/16

Useless customer service. The cards ordered were not processed and in fact one design was denied. I have an email saying it would be sent Dec 6th and today is Dec 13th. After 35 minutes of hold time, I found out the cards were not even made yet... I was not notified of any delay or the denial on one of the cards. The "customer service" rep said they were too busy to notify me....Wait, too busy? How is that even close to an excuse....I requested a cancellation and a refund, which, wait for it....will take up to 15 days.....DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE!

vickiee3
12/12/16

Warning! Do not buy your gift cards from this website!! I put together a large order for my company employees which took a lot of time, only to have the order denied on the website. Then my credit card approved the order and it was charged to my card; however, I never got an order # or confirmation from GiftCardMall. This was a mess, not to mention that each time I called customer service to try and get this fixed, it took at least 30-40 minutes for them to answer!

marin634
12/12/16

They are a scam who will hold funds they take from you for up to 3 months, free of any interest.

ccc19
12/7/16

I am still waiting in the phone for customer service to answer their phone. I am going to report them to the better business bureau. They said to me there was a problem with the processing so they approve it first and then cancel it. There person was reading from a script of some sort. Do not order any cards from them. They do not answer emails either.

jayt72
12/5/16

Website is horrible, customer service is worse. Fulfillment is snail-slow. Would never do business with them again.

nicolee26
12/1/16

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. The address I provided was correct, yet the mailman failed to deliver the package for unknown reasons. Come to find out, its being sent back to the company and I will receive a refund which could take 15 days. I then have to RE ORDER the cards which was a massive headache in the first place due to the large cost. Im now waiting for my refund and will be taking my business elsewhere once that occurs. What a disaster.

15 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GiftCardMall staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Bob G.
on 4/12/17
melissac123
Melissa C.
Has anyone successfully received a refund on their card after purchasing something and then having to return it (not return the card itself...but something purchased using the card)?

I received two cards as a gift. I used one card on 12/12 (transactions posted to card on 12/14) and had to return some items today (12/15). The refund was not immediate. The card is still showing a zero balance.

I contacted the number on the back of the card but it is only automated; I was unable to reach a real person. After searching for a while online I found another number to call (1-877-426-2551). I was on hold for a bit; spoke to Michelle who couldn't answer my question and transferred me to "Mike" (there is no way this guy's real name was Mike, but I digress).

Mike asked for the huge long number on the back of the card, my name, address, and then told me it can take seven days for the refund to show on the card. I did end up finding this information in the "Terms and Conditions" on the Visa Card site.

After reading all the negative reviews, I am concerned I will not receive the refund. Can anyone reassure me and tell me they successfully had money refunded to their card?

Thanks!
baileyj11
Bailey J.
on 6/6/16
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the GiftCardMall staff and other customers.

GiftCardMall?