US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

anitah30
1/4/17

I placed an order for 6 picture gift cards on Nov 26, '16. I received a confirmation # and shipping date was scheduled for Nov 30, '16. This company withdrew $629.75 from my checking account on Dec 1, '16. These gift cards were for my grandchildren's Christmas gifts. On Dec 13, '16, after my calling to check on my order - I found out that my order could not be located and it was ultimately cancelled. I have been working since Dec 13, '16 to get my refund. Now, it seems it has been lost. There is supposedly an investigation going on in the accounting department. I was even told last week that my money was refunded on Dec 13, '16 - which it WAS NOT! Today, they tell me that the investigation is ongoing in the accounting department. I will continue to call 3x weekly until I have satisfaction. I am 70 yrs old and do not have funds to throw out the window. My grandchildren will miss out on a gift from their Nana in 2016. If you need a good phone # to call: 844-363-8928. I will NEVER use this web site again! I hope it's not too late for you!

natalyad1
12/28/16

Terrible company...my money were taken out of my account right away, on Dec. 21 but it is 12/28 and the e-gift card never came. Shame, shame, shame!

robins157
12/20/16

A month ago I ordered a gift card. I've never received a "shipped" confirmation, much less tracking. If I call, all I can do is cancel the order via computer; I can't actually talk to anyone. No one has answered my email. I should never have gotten involved with this. Scam.

julies143
12/20/16

I have never dealt with a company that accepts the order and then denies it! When you call customer service to find out why, you are required to confirm many items then are told that the order was denied by their security process. They cannot offer an explanation as to why it was cancelled.

SHimalayan salt, when left in its natural state, is rich in nutrients and minerals. Since many of these elements found within each grain of salt naturally occur within us and in the environment, they are easily absorbed and utilized on a cellular level. Pink Himalayan Salt re-mineralizes the body with minerals and trace elements essential to our health and well being.

This smells like a SCAM!!!!!!

ashleed
12/16/16

Two bad experiences from ordering from this company. I think the company was bought out by another vender because last year when I ordered an EGift card via Stales website I got my item with no issues at all. Earlier this year I tried to order a card and Staples told me they didn't handle the cards anymore & that it was handled thorough GiftCardMall now. Never received my item and when requesting a refund Staples said that it should've come from GCM and GCM said it should come from Staples, Staples ended up refunding me. After I realized that the company was def. dealing with a new vendor I tried to order from them again, the order went through, item was charged to my card and it actually shipped. I was mildly impressed, seemed like things were working as it should, however I never received the email for the EGift card & I'm aware that sometimes these things can end up in your spam/junk folder so I contacted CS via their number 1877-426-2551. Spoke with a rep who gladly re-sent the info to me, but when trying to redeem the card I got an error message that said "This page cannot be displayed. Please check back later or call customer service." called back and another rep told me that it was the browser I was using. Apparently their site isn't compatible with Safari, she advised me to use Firefox or Google Chrome, which I did and still no solution. Called for the third time & yes, as other have stated it's about a 20 min. hold time just for you to reach a live rep, the last rep also tried to re-send the card to me, but I still had the same issue, she suggested I could receive a refund in 15 business days or have the issue further investigated by their TECH team and she also let me know that if I choose to have the issue looked at by their TECH team that it could take an extended period of time. I choose to be refunded obviously and she also mentioned she would have the issue escalated to upper management for them to take a look at as well, I asked her if they would actually reach out to me and she assured me they would but in my opinion it's highly unlikely. So I'll have to wait an additional three weeks to receive a refund and on that 15th day when I don't get my refund I'll be inclined to open a dispute with my bank about the charge, however in the mean time I will be calling GCM back to speak directly with their manager this following week to be sure all the info was documented properly and that he's aware of this huge inconvenience that a lot of the customers are facing. I don't blame the customer staff, they were trying to be helpful, however I've never heard of company that receives so many complaints and can't accommodate the customers or offer any kind of solution their issue. This is the last time that I will ever attempt to buy from them.

deniseb105
12/15/16

Submitted a large order on Dec 1. Charge hit my card on Dec 2. Estimated ship date was Dec 5. It is now Dec 15 and I have no cards. After numerous calls and emails all week, on hold at least 30 minutes each time, and not one call back as promised, I am told today that there was a glitch and my cards were not able to be printed (when I was told all week that they were printed and awaiting shipping), and my order was canceled and credit card was credited. Except my credit card has not been credited! Do not order from Gift Card Mall -

dm405
12/15/16

My purchase was denied and customer service was not able to give me a reason. The charge is still on my credit card and I was told to call my bank to dispute. The company feels like a scam to me. Would not do business with them again!

deeg34
12/13/16

Useless customer service. The cards ordered were not processed and in fact one design was denied. I have an email saying it would be sent Dec 6th and today is Dec 13th. After 35 minutes of hold time, I found out the cards were not even made yet... I was not notified of any delay or the denial on one of the cards. The "customer service" rep said they were too busy to notify me....Wait, too busy? How is that even close to an excuse....I requested a cancellation and a refund, which, wait for it....will take up to 15 days.....DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE!

vickiee3
12/12/16

Warning! Do not buy your gift cards from this website!! I put together a large order for my company employees which took a lot of time, only to have the order denied on the website. Then my credit card approved the order and it was charged to my card; however, I never got an order # or confirmation from GiftCardMall. This was a mess, not to mention that each time I called customer service to try and get this fixed, it took at least 30-40 minutes for them to answer!

marin634
12/12/16

They are a scam who will hold funds they take from you for up to 3 months, free of any interest.

ccc19
12/7/16

I am still waiting in the phone for customer service to answer their phone. I am going to report them to the better business bureau. They said to me there was a problem with the processing so they approve it first and then cancel it. There person was reading from a script of some sort. Do not order any cards from them. They do not answer emails either.

jayt72
12/5/16

Website is horrible, customer service is worse. Fulfillment is snail-slow. Would never do business with them again.

nicolee26
12/1/16

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. The address I provided was correct, yet the mailman failed to deliver the package for unknown reasons. Come to find out, its being sent back to the company and I will receive a refund which could take 15 days. I then have to RE ORDER the cards which was a massive headache in the first place due to the large cost. Im now waiting for my refund and will be taking my business elsewhere once that occurs. What a disaster.

me9833
11/21/16

I tried to give my niece an egift card. But when she got the link, she couldn't redeem it. I called customer service and they claim that 'they're having trouble with this type of gift card, and the transaction keeps failing'. They recommended that I request a refund and try something else. I requested the refund, but after two phone calls it still hasn't been applied to my credit card. So it seems both my niece AND I are left empty-handed.

gm77
11/19/16

I spent an hour selecting 42 different gift cards for employees and the order went through. An hour later I get an email stating the order was cancelled due to security. I wrote several emails back and forth with customer service. They said to call the second tier risk team, I did and they said they couldn't help either and to just place the order again. And, the information I used was correct for the credit card. I wish I would have read these reviews before I used this company. Don't use this company!!

tinaj53
11/18/16

I would never recommend this company to anyone! They cancelled our sale and rejected our purchase for absolutely no reason and then when I questioned them, they said the company does not disclose such information! They have utterly the worst customer service ever!

janetc76
11/14/16

I placed an order on 10/24 and on 10/25 the order status said processed. When the status didn't change to shipped by 11/8, I called and told that it was on the way and to call back if I didn't receive it by 11/18. I called today, 11/14 because the status still did not say shipped. I was told that there was a glitch in the system and that the orders were shipping today. I received an email this afternoon saying that due to a system problem my order wasn't processed; but was cancelled. It also said I could place a reorder. I called and asked why they couldn't process it and I was told that I had to reorder and that my refund would be processed in 3-6 days. Don't waste you time; and don't tie up your money!!! In my case it was $547!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't do this!!!!!

robertb381
10/17/16

After attempting to make a purchase of an egift card from the Kroger website I received a call saying that this company needed additional information. I couldn't understand the phone number. I called the main company and immediately canceled the order because the way it was being handled seemed highly unprofessional and smelled of a scam. They had already placed a pre-authorization on my bank account. When I told them I wanted the pre-authorization removed I was told that they couldn't do that and I'd have to call my bank. This was a lie. After speaking with my bank they told me GiftCardMall could have done what I requested. Of course "Cole" give me the old "a supervisor is not available". He also continued to use my first name despite the fact that I told him that he should not use my first name. I've already sent an email to the grocery that is linking to this site, and will not be making a purchase as the whole experience left a bad taste. I cannot recommend them. This company is owned by Blackhawk Network, Inc. The corporate # is Phone: 925-226-9990.

joannat16
10/6/16

Egift card was promised the same day, next day told it would be delivered the following day, the following day I was told it would be delivered in 10 days, meanwhile they charged my card. I called to reverse charges, two reps hung up in me. I called my bank and the band reversed the charges, never use this company.

clairem61
10/3/16

I routinely shop on-line. I attempted to purchase a e-gift card and the purchase was rejected twice. The first time, it was canceled purportedly for lack of verification. The second time, I verified my information on the phone with a representative and my order was canceled again. My son's teacher did not receive her gift card in time for her birthday. Extremely disappointing. Do not recommend this vendor.

johns1469
10/3/16

This is a scam - they charge you for whatever card you order and then they cancel your order under the pretense that there is a "security breach" - they then hold your money and you have to wait for a reimbursement. SCAM AVOID SCAM AVOID

julieb162
9/27/16

I wish I could give NO STARS! I've uses this site to purchase gift cards with no problem, until last week. We tried to buy gift cards but the orders were rejected. We tried different computers, different cards and even tried another family member's card, all to no avail! Every credit cared company approved the purchases but GCM kept rejecting them! After many calls to customer service, and after my situation was "escalated" I was told that they can't tell me why, but they no longer want my business!!! TOTALLY AWFUL EXPERIENCE WITH AN UNETHICAL COMPANY! STAY VERY FAR AWAY!

terranced6
9/22/16

I ordered two gift cards from them. One gift card never made to its destination so they shipped it to my home address a month later. They wouldn't give a refund since i received the card. The second, I ordered because the first card was lost. I never received the second card and I was never issued a refund to this day. Every time I call for my refund, I get the run around.
Reference #0430753.

mauricem35
8/30/16

Purchased a gift card for my daughter in law and my credit card was charged, ten hours later the card is cancelled for security reasons so my daughter in law never received her birthday ecard and I was charged $50.00. Can we say scam???? Shame on you

roberts346
8/30/16

On Aug. 5, in response to a promotional solicitation sent via email from King Soopers, I purchased 3 gift cards (3 x $100), intending to use 2 of them as gifts for an event on Labor Day weekend. Not only was I called by GCM to confirm the credit card transaction, but I also contacted them via email after 11 days to inquire about the order status, since they were not received. I contacted GCM again yesterday (Aug. 29, 2016) since I did not receive the cards, and now today I have received a phone call saying that they cannot honor the order and are refunding my money (God knows how many "business days" that will take). This is unacceptable, that they clearly have records of the transaction, and they cannot ship out the 3 gift cards to me? I passed up an opportunity to get discounted gift cards from another source since I had this order pending. Now I'm stuck paying the higher price. This is absolutely unacceptable service, and a waste of consumers' time.

(Incidentally, I wish I had checked their rating here before conducting the initial transaction; I would definitely not have attempted this purchase through Gift Card Mall.)

14 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GiftCardMall staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question