Review of Flighthub

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

xinningz
4/28/17

Bought round trip tickets for 773 USD, about 10 days ahead of returning I Called to see if I could change an earlier flight date due to heartburn, told there was one earlier flight need to pay $250 penalties with no fare difference, i followed every single step confirming my credit card, after an hour for the whole processing (somehow all the Agents have confusing English speaking very fast and barely could hear and understand them, so I have to double triple confirm the amount was correct and my Payment info was all correct with him) I was told he got an 'system error ' which required me to pay 800 USD, I said no sir I agreed everything gave you my payment and the whole searching and confirming I was hold for literally an hour and u came back telling me it's no longer available I have to pay 800 it's definitely not right u should go fix ur error, he keep arguing I have to pay 800 extra or leave it as he original, nothing about wasting my time and nothing about what they did wrong,
so I requested the supervisor, named Lee, which ever worst, trying to kick me off the phone said its 800 extra now nothing they did wrong take it or leave it, i insisted this is wrong and she said she gonna search flights for me put me on hold for two hours straight without even say hi till the phone went to voicemail and cut off!!!!
I called back asked for manager got transferred to another supervisor told me I don't get ticket take the 800 or leave it nothing they did wrong to me and she could not transfer to manager cuz they don't have one!!!! I was asking how about all the time was wasting and why their system error has to on me and what the first supervisor was search for the whole two hours, she only gave nothing they did wrong, it was the airline company updated, they could compensate for me for nothing for the whole 5 hours trying to get the initial flight!!!! I even bought their extra $19.99 cancelation protection plan I asked them what was that for then she explained that only valid for 24 hours till next day...
so don't every buy nothing from FlightHub!!! Don't expect they gave you good customer service cuz they would take no responsibility for their fault and they would give you incredible high price after they promised giving you one if u ever end up change the date of your flight!!!!

martinb124
4/28/17

I was over billed and given an automated runaround. Are you so cheap, you can't even have a person in a 3rd. world country talk to your customer direct?

levie20
4/27/17

it's my 1st time booking with flighthub and i think this company has a lot of good flight options to choose from. i was browsing for a flight that would go well with my schedule when i came across their website. I found what i needed and booked immediately before someone else takes all the seats.

serdars
4/27/17

I tried to change my parents' flight which was cancelled by S7 airlines. I contacted S7 airlines and they told me that Flighthub should reimburse the whole amount. So I decided to bring my concern to Flighthub company, so they told me they would charge me if I cancel, so I decided to change dates. The Flighthub charged my credit card twice. In return I lost over 700$ for the tickets which cost $936 in the beginning. The Flighthub is continuing to charge my credit card for that cancelled tickets.
At the end, I had to cancel the tickets due to visa issues. The Russian visas were issued the visa according to the first tickets. The Flighthub decided to charge again, so at the end I am going to lose more money.

rezah6

Hi there
I reserved a flight from Tehran to toronto on 2ed of may but received an email from flight hub about change of this flight
Called flight hub several times to arrange and agreed to make it another date on first of May but didn't receive a confirmation email
Called again and insured that I would receive an email In 24 hours which never happened.
Still I don't know what is going on and can not wait anymore
Please inform me of this disappointing service through flight hub.
I can't express how this irresponsible behavior affected my vacation time
Please inform me asap about this matter while I'm couple of days away from my flight.
I assume Flighthub is responsible for all my loss and stress.
Reservation (#039-627-912)

carolined33
4/27/17

The company offers a great choice of options with good prices. Unfortunately, the customer service is not of the same quality.
My dad received an email from the company asking to call about a modification to a reservation. To help him, I made the call. The issue was with a connection and FH suggested other flights that seemed fine. While I was there, I asked if I could get a shorter flight, saying I'd be happy to pay for the price difference. The employee took some time to examine the situation, going away twice. She finally said we could get the shorter flight at no extra cost. I thanked the employee who quickly said "Have a good evening" and hung up on me. I thought it was a bit strange. Two days later (today) we looked at the reservation online to see we never got the shorter flight, which I know is still available on the website.
I was very disappointed, especially considering I spent 55 minutes on the line.

mikylam
4/26/17

this company has a lot of great hotel options. the hotel rooms look expensive but the prices are actually affordable, even for those that have a high ratings.

miriamt4
4/25/17

PLEASE be careful with them. Iam very upset with flighthub. They made a mistake on my name and now i have to pay penalty fee.

They make a lot of mistakes. Never recompense you for their mistake and want you to pay for their mistake. The first time i booked i spelled my name. The agent spelled back to me. I heard it was correct but apparently it was not. There was so much noise in the back and the agent had such strong accent. Once i received my email confirmation, i called them within the 24 hours becasue my name was spelled wrong. They told me i have to cancel the ticket just to fix my name becasue it was already sent to the airline.Now, I was booking for 3 people, i had to pay penalty fee for all of them $2169 penaly. I want to die. I have no money to pay all that. I called them for 5 days and just dont want to return the full amount.
But, this does not finish here, i booked it again to fix my name and they make the mistake again.
I am so sad. I had purchased tickets with other agencies and if they make a mistake with my name i fix it within the 24 hours and no need to pay.

stacyr56
4/24/17

I recently booked a hotel and flight with flighthub. I loved their services, because the process is easy and fast. It only took a few minutes to find a good flight and hotel that are budget-friendly. the confirmation arrived some minutes after. I recommend this site to my friends

anthonym212
4/24/17

I booked my flights for my fiance and myself for our honeymoon and added the travel insurance. A few days later, I realized myself and my fiance were already covered under an insurance policy I currently have have. I called Manulife to cancel the insurance policy and they directed me to flighthub since I did my booking through them. I also noticed that through Manulife, you can cancel your policy anytime prior to your travel date.

After explaining to the CSR that I wanted to cancel the policy as it was not needed and I was covered, the CSR said it would be no problem to help with that and then put me on hold for 5 minutes to process the cancellation. After several minutes, the CSR returned and said she was not able to cancel the policy because 48 hours had passed since my booking. The policy is through Manulife, and Manulife lets you cancel up to immediately before your booking. Why will Flighthub not reimburse me my money?

This is not the first issue I've had with Flighthub, but it will be the last issue as I am not booking with them again. Too much of a headache to try and make any changes to bookings.

stacyy4
4/21/17

I will never be booking with these people again! I spent 90 minutes on a call with 3 different Philipinos who could barely speak English, trying to change my return flight. In the end, they were telling me they would have to cancel my outbound flight first, in order to reprice the return to see about a price difference, but they were saying there were no more seats on my outbound, so they couldn't help me. I tried to tell them, I don't need 2 more seats on the same outbound flight, because I already had my seats booked. I went around and around in circles and got nowhere! What a waste of my Friday night! Going forward, I will be booking with the airlines directly. Lesson learned.

linod11
4/21/17

I purchased a flight that ended up cancelling for different reasons. I was told that I would get charged $150 for cancelling and have the credit available for later date. I agreed. They said they would send me a confirmation to my email. They never did. I tried a few days later, they keep on telling me that it would take 24 hours. Never received email with confirmation.

I find it very annoying that they keep ignoring my requests and I will never book a flight with them again.

karieh1
4/20/17

I had to cancel a flight last month as my travel partner my dad broke his arm. I had to pay an additional $125 per ticket to keep our credit which is no problem. I was on the phone yesterday to three different people last one was a supervisor Virgil and after 2.5 hours he said he would email me. No email came. I called again today and after 1.45 hrs they hung up. I have never been this frustrated, upset and hopeless in trying to rebook a flight and use my credit. It should be so easy!

catherinel50
4/19/17

I booked tickets last week for our honeymoon. I wanted to select seats, but it was definitely not clear HOW to do that. I selected "together" to ensure that we would at least be sitting side by side, but in my final reservation it shows "any" seat, with the following note "We have transmitted your seat request to the airline directly. We do not guarantee that your requested seat will be confirmed. The confirmation of the seat you've requested is contingent upon the airline's guidelines for the chosen fare type."

WHY charge a seat selection fee if there is no guarantee that we can actually select our seat? Nowhere I have seen that I could/needed to select another fare if I wanted to select my seats.

I called flight hub directly to get some clarification, went through the options to talk to someone about seats, waiting a good 10 minutes (WITHOUT even music or a "please wait while we answer other customers" notice that at least tells you that you are not waiting for nothing...) before hanging.

I just research "seat selection flight hub" and find that other have similar issue.

I DO NOT recommand to anyone to use flight hub from the result I've seen.

With the recent overbooking issues with United Airlines, I'm actually concerned that we won't get on our flight to get to our honeymoon. How romantic is that?!

UPDATE:
I provide my reservation number to the Flighthub rep that contacted me. They looked at my reservations rapidly, and agree to provide a refund. They also advice to contact airline directly for seat selection, which I'll do as soon as I get a refund from Flighthub.

I changed my rating from "Doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away" to "average". I definitely had better reservation experience with other websites, and Flighthub disclaimer lack clarity.

mry10
4/14/17

I bought my ticket to travel in June but for personal problems I wanted to change the date of my departure. I asked the agent how much it would cost me if I want to change or if I want to cancel! He told me if I want to cancel it will cost me $ 300 and if I want to change I have to pay $ 450 plus the difference. So I decided to buy a new ticket because it costs me cheaper and when I called back the next day to cancel, another agent told me that it will cost me $ 450 to cancel, I refused! I recalled two days later to talk to a manager, he told me that the cancellation fee now stood at $ 600. I bought my ticket at $ 1360 and to cancel I have to pay $ 600 ???? And every day I call, flighthub increases the cancellation fee by $ 150. Are you serious???

And for all those who have been scammed by them, if you live in Canada I advise you to call to file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Office on this number 514 253-6556.

sues138
4/13/17

Last night I booked my ticket though phone. but I never receive my confirmation number and e-tickets. I have called 4 times and the answer was the same -they already sent me the tickets and asked me another email address. I asked they fax to me and they told me they don't have fax machine.
The e-ticket number they provided to me is wrong. I want to cancel the reservation and they want to charge me $75.00. Please help me what I should do. Thank you!!!

georgiaf2
4/12/17

Tried to cancel within 24 hours but they made up a time line that did not line up with the confirmation emails they sent to me. They told me to buy insurance. I bought the insurance and told them I needed to cancel due to illness, they said I couldn't use the insurance for 24 hours after purchase, then they didn't approve the purchase. So, I am out the cost of airfare and there is nothing I can do.

fahachia
4/12/17

Save yourself the money and trouble dealing with these crooks. My girlfriend had booked a flight over the phone being promised a discount rather than booking online. There was no discount and my girlfriend had to stay with them on the line for an hour trying to provide information. They had misspelled my last name and wouldn't let us make the correction. They are now offering to cancel and refund partial payment. Now if the mistake was made on there end, why am I the one being penalized for it. I've asked multiple times to talk to a manager but there was none available. Now I am being penalized $250 for a mistake made by the agent. Lesson learned never deal with these thieves again. Take the time to book with a travel agent. If this is not resolved I will keep this review the way it is only wishing I could give less than a star.

kimj89
4/10/17

Booked a flight through them. It got cancelled because of something on their end. All the flight prices went up, and I could not book a flight for the price I had it. I will never use flight hub again. Very unreliable and not willing to help you.

olivierw14
4/9/17

To be brief, I waited on the phone for 2.5 hours. I should mention, during the wait I was allegedly the next call. However, on 5 separate occasions 5 calls magically got ahead of me.

Regardless, my call eventually went through. During my explanation of the situation, I was promptly put on hold and disconnected.

I tried booking twice, and both times my payment was not accepted. When I tried booking the airline directly, I was able to book with them no problem and no hassle. Granted, I did pay $25 more than the listed flight on FlightHub.

That 25$ is quite frankly, well worth it since I will not have to deal with FlightHub any longer. Rather, I hope I will not have to, as I will be looking out if these scumbags double charged me for flights they never accepted my payment on.

I WILL KEEP AN EYE OUT IF THEY DOUBLE CHARGE ME. IF THEY DO, I WILL UPDATE THIS REVIEW.

Best regards to anyone reading. I wish you the best in your travels, and implore you to avoid booking with them, and book directly with the airline you are planning to fly with.

ehsl
4/9/17

Very stressful. So much back and forth phone calls. My flight was change so many times and turn out to be very inconvenient as the lay over was getting longer and longer. I paid for 1.5hrs lay over it was gradually change to almost 8 hrs. Customer service seems not very well trained in dealing with the issues. Other that I got an impression that the booking system is not very robust, it's not very reliable. It can screw up your planned schedule really bad.

You can find cheap flights bad not worth it. It seems like they post available flights, make it look very attractive to customers and make you pay for it. In the end the details does not actually exist and keep changing your itinerary. When I started to doubt, I called the airlines customer service and found out that the details is not matching.

tysona11
4/8/17

Long story, but I'll start from the beginning. I booked a flight a month prior to depart Feb. 21st over university break for $522. Being a (struggling) student, this was a hefty sum, I scoured the various sites for the cheapest flights and I was drawn into Flighthub because I was saving roughly $20. Big mistake. I figured there was nothing that could go wrong in the month prior, and had previously planned to go, so I booked. I even found the hidden fees in the confirmation and booked to make it the cheapest possible.
Due to many reasons, a couple weeks before the departure date I realized I would have to change my flights or cancel. These reasons could have potentially be covered under trip cancellation insurance but after reviewing the policies, I didn't want to risk losing the total cost versus partial that could be used at a later date.
I did lots of research to find another option to avoid any extra fees and get the most out of the money I spent on the flight. (Of which lead me to this site). A few days later I called the customer service to get a full understanding and was told by the rep. that cancelling my flight would result in a $125 fee, and the $522 for the flight would be issued in a credit it to be used within a year from purchase date. I asked if it was a credit for the airline (air canada) or flight hub, I was told I would have to use the credit for a flight booked on flight hub, and upon using that credit I would be charged $200 for an airline fee. Basically receiving $200 of the $522 I originally spent. Losing the other ~$322. I thought there has to be another way, so I told them I would call back. They also mentioned change in fares, etc, and that if i booked a flight with a fair less than my credit I would be not be given the remainder. Fine.
The next few days I did more research to find any way around this, ultimately reaching the same conclusion and that being these fees are their revenue, and it was my own fault for booking with 3rd party. I finally sucked up my pride and I called them to take the hit on the fees and get a credit. I called on my birthday, and told them my story and that I had to unfortunately cancel. This is when I was told the cancel fee was $150. I told the rep that I had called a few days earlier and another rep told me the fee was only $125. her response was "oh, ok well because the other rep told you that price and since it's your birthday we can go with that price". I immediately thought what she would've said if I had told her $75.. and oh thanks for the birthday present.. Regardless, I was charged $125 and I asked her how I would access the credit. I was told in a few days I would receive an email, and in order to redeem it I would have to call them.

A few weeks go by and I never received any email about the credit. Then mid march I decided to fly to kelowna to visit some friends, being that it was last minute it was more expensive. I remember I had the credit, I booked a one-way with west jet to Kelowna and was planning on using the credit for a one-way back, (roughly totally the price of the flight minus airline fee, ~320). I still wasn't sure if i had to fly air canada or not with the credit. While in Kelowna I called Flighthub to book a flight home. I told the rep. that I wanted to book a one-way flight and had a credit but I had not received an email about it or anything. Gave her my booking reference number, she looks it up, then tells me that in order to process the credit I have to book two days in advance. I told her I had to be back before that, and needed to book a one-way from Kelowna to Saskatoon..
The rep then tells me that the credit can ONLY be used to book a flight with the same airline, to the same destination that I originally booked to.. The rep still insisted to ask if I wanted to use the credit to book in the next couple days. No sorry I need to get to Saskatoon before I can leave from there.

This was the first time I had any knowledge of this. Had I previously known this I would've likely took my chances with the insurance. That way at least I wasn't giving this company any of my money. I agreed because I figured there might be a time I could use the credit in the following months, but I never thought/nor was I ever once told it had to be to the same destination. I'm not a frequent flyer by any means so if this is common knowledge for there types of credits I was totally unaware. Highly unlikely i'll even be able to find a flight for the value of the credit after the airline fee. Therefore forcing me to pay more. Would almost rather not redeem it then use this service ever again.

novelindan
4/8/17

My husband booked a flight today through phone, after receiving email confirmation we noticed that middle names of the kids was not spelled out completely and my babys middle name was not even there though we completely spelled it out letter by letter to make everything clear. After receiving email my husband immediately called them back to correct it, he was on the phone for almost an hour coz the agent keep putting him on hold to ask her manager if she can change it. Like what the heck?? And so after minutes of being put on hold she said that they cant change it and we need to cancel the flight to avoid being held at the airport on the dat of the flight, we keep asking if theres any way to resolve it without cancelling the flight and they said cancelation and refund is the only way and so now we need to wait for 2-10 days for the refund so we can book again..and hell no, were not gonna use flight hub ever again!!!!!!!!!!

johnm1024
4/7/17

I booked a flight to Vietnam and realized within the hour that one of the month I input was wrong while doing the print out.i immediately called them and was told that the only way was to cancel the tickets and rebook again and there will be a cancellation fee of 75$ per ticket.i insisted that it was a bit too steep but was given no alternative.
I rebooked the tickets again and a couple days later I read the cancellation policy and found out that I was not given the alternative of extended cancellation policy for an additional 19$ Within the same day by 1159pm est by either going online or call customer support.i called them again and it took about 2 hrs to finally get hold of customer service and asked them why was I not given the choice of extended cancellation policy plan and was told stories to avoid refunding me the differences.
They are big time thieves trained to gig deep into your pocket.
Stay away adios flighthub never again.

mohameda81
4/6/17

I canceled the flight and one flight hub agent told me that your full money gonna be refunded because you booked within one hour. However i did not get any confirmation of cancellation. I called them again and another agent told me that i have to pay to cancel the flight which have already canceled.

53 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Flighthub staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
darenh20
daren h.
2 days, 23 hours ago
Answer
henric11
Midhat Z. [Flighthub Rep]
A: Hi there,

We have successfully located your booking and will be looking into it for you. Should there be any further action required, we will be reaching out to you by phone or email.

Kind wishes,
Answer
henric11
Midhat Z. [Flighthub Rep]
A: Hi Samantha,

We'd be happy to look into this for you. Could you please send us your 9-digit booking by private message? We'll contact you to help sort this out.

Kind wishes,