Review of Flighthub

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

aliciam64
3/23/17

Last few days was trying to book a flight to Europe for really good price and was receiving confirmation via e-mail, but e-tis never received! Within hours of booking was receiving email saying I have to call the call centre as my card is having some "issues" and after contacting the company was redirected to someone clearly outside Canada or North America and was told that card is fine but ticket prices went up by $1 each which I authorized to be charged on my card and send me finally those e-tickets, after another 24h of not receiving e-tickets was again receiving e-mail saying i must call again to resolve payment issue, and scenario was same - ticket prices changed and this time were up for $300 per each ticket (trying to book 3)!!!! This is a joke not a website! They're trying to "hook" customers with their promising prices in order to extend the process and bit by bit scam out more money during the process... If someone from management team is willing to help me finally book the flights I've been trying to book for the past 72h then my contact information is under this reference 049-073-402! Lets see how this is going to be addressed!!

wonjua
3/22/17

What a horrible company to deal with! I booked a trip for my parents to see my brother to attend his graduation ceremony from Royal Canadian Armed force from Vancouver to Montreal in June. The ceremonial service date changed from Friday to Thursday, so I was trying to changed their trip date by one day, and when I called, customer service said that it will cost them $1300 for both way to change the date. Their ticket only costed $1000 with taxes included. ARE THEY INSANE??? and then the customer sevice lady told me that she will give them a credit for the cost of the flight, less than what they paid, but will have to pay the penalties of $150 and rebooking fee of $300 but they would need to use the same airline. The airline they booked does not offer the flight when they need to fly out to attend for my brother's ceremony service. I will NEVER use their service EVER AGAIN and PLEASE PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM FLIGHTHUB!!!!!!

evans235
3/21/17

Similar to the comment below, I booked with Flighthub a return trip from Toronto to Seattle but I accidentally selected the wrong return date. Easy enough? I called the next day to find out that this mistake would cost me half the cost of my flight ($356 CAN) so I paid it because it was MY mistake. I was then contacted the following day to be told that i was improperly billed! I owed another 300$ CAN. I told the customer care staff that it must have been a mistake but she assured me that this was the only option.

I spent 2 hours on hold trying to speak with a manager and was denied every time. If i was to have booked the correct flight the first time it would have cost me 600-700$ CAN, because of mandatory flighthub fees my trip is now going to cost $1350. I am very disappointed with this flight booking service and their ability to help customers when they make a mistake, their customer service has properly ruined this trip. I will not make this mistake again and will NEVER book with Flighthub again, I have never had this problem with any other company.

Cheers.

valentinem16
3/21/17

I accidentally booked the flight on the wrong day somehow but at the exact times I had been looking at only a week after and called back 5 minutes later to reschedule it. They then took a 75$ fee off of my credit card on top of the flight and told me I could use the credit right away to book a new flight for the appropriate time. I was a bit annoyed because most places have a 24 hour cancellation policy but agreed anyways. I tried to rebook and there was no credit available so I called back and they said it would take a few weeks for the credit to be available and there was no way to access it any sooner. So I had to book a flight through another company and basically just threw 500$ in the garbage. I then went to rebook right now and they said that I now have to pay an extra 100$ fee just to use the credit and they charged my credit card again. One small mistake and it costs you 200$. Would not recommend. This site should be shut down; you can book the same flights they post through the airline but they have better service and no fees

gildaa
3/20/17

I bought international ticket and asked for seat reservation. Agent said i have to pay $9.95 to have seat reservation. I clarified with the agent after paying. He gave me the confirmation number of the purchased ticket and sent to my email. Upon verification, there was no seat reservation. I called back the same time and spoke to other agent. Unfortunately, the agent advised to call the airline for the seat reservation. After calling the airline, they said they dont require payment for seat reservation, but its a first come first serve basis. My point is, just for them to sell the ticket, they will persuade and lie without telling the truth. I hope the agency will train their staff to be true in order to sell their ticket. So frustrating.

katec55
3/19/17

Five days before my boyfriend and I were leaving for Barcelona, one of our best friends unexpectedly passed away. Once we learned the funeral would be held during our trip, we called FlightHub to see what our options were. Despite the tragic circumstances, FlightHub refused to refund our tickets ($750 per ticket) or offer any kind of credit. They advised that I call the airline (Jet Airways) to inquire about their cancellation policy.

Jet Airways said that they could not offer a refund or credit for the flight, but that I'd be able to change the flight dates through FlightHub. Note: once you book with one airline through FlightHub, if you want to change your flight, you need to rebook with the same airline.

Back on the phone with FlightHub, I was told I could change the flights for $300 a piece BUT there were no available flights to Barcelona with Jet Airways until June AND that they had NO fare information for flights for June and beyond. They suggested that I call Jet Airways to change my flight and get the correct fare information so I could anticipate the fare difference I'd have to pay.

Jet Airways said that I could ONLY change my flight through FlightHub since that's who I booked my tickets through and that they were baffled that FlightHub suggested I call them for fare information or to change the flight.

Again, FlightHub said I could change the flight WITHOUT knowing the difference in fare and incur the fare charge on my credit card. Given this impractical suggestion, I asked for credit or refund which they once again REFUSED.

FlightHub DENIED me the right to change my flight without seeing what fare options were available. It could have been thousands of dollars more. They did not give me a viable option to change my flight and REFUSED to assist me in any regard that was practical and realistic. FlightHub owed me a level of duty that they completely disregarded.

To boot, when it comes to being covered through travel insurance, the death of a best friend doesn't count.

I would NEVER recommend FlightHub to anyone. Even though the flight fares were better than competitors and will save you some money, better to book directly with an airline to save you from going through a similar horrifying experience. I would never give my money again to a company that was completely unhelpful and uncompassionate during an extremely difficult time in our lives.

jasonw154
3/19/17

I received an email that my return flight changed. I spoke to the customer service line on March 17th. After one hour and 25 minutes they confirmed nothing, and I got no where. After further review the dates for the return flight had to be changed. Trying to change the return flight date has been a nightmare. I called March 18th and after 30 minutes on hold I spoke with Malu for fifteen minutes, I couldn't even log onto my account with her (she said my postal code was wrong) not giving me auth to go ahead with correcting my return flight. Since then I spoke to five separate personals with a total of 4 hours of being on the phone (March 18 and 19th) with persons from Flighthub (Jim, Gara, Ren, Karah, Franie) trying to get an understanding of what is going on, as I am getting several stories and different charge quotes in regards to using my return flight ticket. I have no trust in this company, and feel that they are illegally charging my credit card as I have received charges that I did not agree to. I was on hold with Franie just today and after having silence for ten minutes and on the line for 45 minutes the line was cut off. I do not recommend flight hub.

jennyt47
3/18/17

Booked a flight to Vietnam through Flighthub, and got stranded because the airline said that my ticket will not be honoured. Flighthub did not make sure that my ticket would go through and Air Canada said it wasn't confirmed even though Flighthub sent me a ticket to say that it was. Ended up having to buy 2 extra airfares + 2 train tickets out of the whole fiasco. Flighthub did not care to reimburse me for the costs.

If you have to go through Flighthub, make sure to call the airline beforehand to confirm that all tickets will be honoured. I'm sure it seldom happens, but when it does, I expect them to own up to it. I called, e-mailed tweeted so many times.

ianm86
3/17/17

Negative option billing has been illegal in Ontario since July 2005.
The webpage hides automatic opt ins for manulife insurance in their checkout process.
How many people, booking flights during times of stress such as family illness or death, may not see the negative option billing? This is exactly what happened to us. We didn't see it until our credit card bill arrived.
If flighthub does not refund the insurance fee, I will dispute the charge with the credit card company.
Update: Flighthub did contact me after I posted this review. A refund is pending.
Update 2: The refund was processed. Flighthub did the right thing in refunding the money BUT there never should have been the charge for the automatic opt in in the first place. Be careful when using their site.

christines118
3/17/17

Terrible business. You should NOT be purchasing from this company because they will try to scam you in any way possible. Whether it is leaving out crucial information, or trying to mislead you deliberately, they will do everything they can to squeeze anything out from you. STAY AWAY!

Here's my story:

I wanted to make changes to my flights as I will no longer be able to fly on the same dates. I requested that my flight be cancelled. I understand that there usually is a cancellation fee involved in this, and was happy to pay the $125 fee that was quoted by the agent.

The agent told me that I would need to pay the $125 cancellation fee (charge on my credit card) but then I will get the amount I paid for as a future flight credit, which can be used on FlightHub to purchase any other flights in the future.

When I called in to book my future flight, the agent on the other line informed me that my trip was actually NOT cancelled, and now I have to pay an additional $100 to modify my trip.

This is completely unreasonable! The company just tried to rob me $100 + $125 = $225! Had I known that the cancellation fee is so high, I would not have made other arrangements to try to make my trip.

I told the agent on the other end that the previous agent never told me of the $100 charge, so because he left out important information for me to make an informed decision, they should not be charging me an extra fee. She told me that they need to investigate this issue, and will get back to me in 72hrs.

All in all, BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE and SCAMMY BUSINESS PRACTICES. Please do yourself a favour and stay away from this rubbish company!

aleciac4
3/16/17

They charge booking fees, which I could deal with....but....the 24 hour change / cancellation policy they do not honor. They wanted full price of ticket that includes 3 flights.....they would not change one leg of the flight per my request without charging me the entire ticket price $943 plus an additional $75.00.....I was within the 24 hour policy....BUT....they have a policy that it has to been within the same calendar day......I called the airlines that the flights are booked with....BUT....don't bother.....because FLIGHTHUB is in charge of making the decision....yes....decision....it is well within their "rules" to have made the change without charging me full price.....DO NOT BOOK THROUGH THIS COMPANY!

alanb117
3/15/17

Flighthub does not bring to your attention that they are going to bill you for ManualLife trip cancellation insurance plus their own extended cancellation policy when you actually book the tickets from them. This is not shown or referred to anywhere during the booking process, and is hidden in their terms and conditions section in the bottom left corner of their website homepage. Booking what I expected to be a $406 flight, my receipt said $599. When I called, the agent said I could cancel the Manualife insurance, which he did, but said the extended cancellation policy wasn't cancelable, no matter whether I knew about it or not. I thought these sorts of practices were rare, but its easy to get caught. At least the honourable thing for them to do would have been to remove both additional charges, neither of which were authourized.

mkt3
3/15/17

My family and I are long term users of Flighthub, and that is stopping now.
Be careful, they will charge you fees without your confirmation or knowledge then you will get surprised when you check your credit card statement, when you call to make sense of it, they will come up with a stupidly named fee that apparently you applied, they keep you on the phone for hours (and that's after spending two months trying to call almost everyday and not being able to reach anyone) and was the problem solved? NOPE, the lady on the phone was so useless and indifferent and dare I say disrespectful, she kept repeating the same thing over and over and bluntly saying she cant do anything for me and re"explaining" the stupid fee over and over again, when asked to be transferred to someone who can help me, I get sent to waiting then have phone hung up on me! in one word HORRIBLE.
Flighthub just lost not only one customer but a bunc, I will make sure none of the people I know falls victim to their scam.

susang150
3/14/17

Don't get fooled by their attractive prices.!!! I clicked on a flight scheduled earlier in the day and I get a confirmation of a flight much later. Tried to cancel with out any penalties and I think getting a bill passed in congress is easier then dealing with this company. If you think you will get your issue resolved- NOT! and be prepared to stay on the phone for at least an 1 1/2 hours. They have cost me hundreds of $$ and aggravation.

bryant255
3/13/17

Fourth time customer with FlightHub, does that count as loyal yet?

I enjoyed their catering to open jaw fares, especially with the low prices, so with this fourth purchase I decided to create a new account with Flighthub.com so that perhaps next time I can book easier. BIG MISTAKE.

You know how when you create an account on a website, but you make a mistake (like two passwords not matching), the page refreshes and parts of the forms reset? In this case, it was the "DECLINE INSURANCE" option which reset, and defaulted to me opting in to cancellation insurance, something that I did not catch when I pressed agree to the purchase. A very shady move by Flighthub, especially since the rest of the form (passport country, names, credit card info, seat selection) was still preserved. When I got the confirmation my flight was booked, I was charged an extra $166, and I was pretty angry.

I went on another computer and tried to book a very similar ticket (different dates and names) and intentionally messed up the account creation form at the bottom. The same thing happened, and had I entered my credit card info, I would have been charged an extra large sum of money.

Flighthub, I understand this is my fault, but your web form was intentionally created to deceive customers through this shady method, and therefore, you just lost a customer. This will be my fourth and final time on this website.

janef54
3/13/17

I booked a flight with the Flighthub.com and I am totally disappointed with the service. It shows the false price. The price is initially lower then from official website of airlines, but in reality they're gonna charge MUCH more.

My story: I wanted to buy 3 tickets for one flight each was about $1450. I see that flighthub selling them for 1411, the total would be $4233. Then when you're ready to purchase ticket it says "Wait a minute the fair is gone and you'd need to pay 36$ more (you think its just 36$ more, but it's 36 for EACH ticket). Then it gets more interesting. The website charged me $4550 at the end, which is greater than $36*(3 tickets). Overall it charged 300$ more than showed before confirming all details. What I get finally:
- the fair increase is higher than $36/ticket
- the fact that they don't show the final price they're gonna charge is confusing

Now, after reading all the reviews I hope my flight will be ok and I'd be able to use at least this ticket.

But DON"T use this service and tell your friends

sherrikap
3/13/17

They gave me fight confirmation via phone and email. Few days later they cancelled my reservation. When I contacted customer service they kept making excuses and wanted to charge me triple the price to book another flight
I called back after work and held the phone for over an hour and never got a customer service rep. The recording said 10 calls in front of me. It dropped down to 4 then went back up to 10. I'm very disappointed because I'm considering cancelling my trip. I hate to go on vacation and get stuff.

marym474
3/13/17

I purchased 6 tickets for a family vacation. 5 days before departure, we checked our reservation to confirm seats, only to find our entire trip had been cancelled. Called FlightHub and they said it was due to their airline being unable to provide a 'flight segment' and that their system had sent me an automated email at 11:44 pm 48 hours after I had booked my trip. Essentially, even if you are spending $4000, it doesn't matter enough for them to call you to tell you they have cancelled your entire purchase - their effort only goes as far as automated middle-of-the-night emails that end up in your spam box. We had to re-book new flights at double the price (directly with an airline this time!) because after 3 hours on the phone with FlightHub they refused to take any responsibility.

useru6
3/12/17

We were afraid to change or cancel our flight after reading the reviews here, but were pleasantly surprised that Flighthub actually processed our cancellation and refunds in a timely manner. That said, the fees were indeed high, but it was something we were aware of right after we bought the tickets (which we regretted immediately) and we were just happy we got some money back. BTW we didn't bother calling after reading the reviews so we messaged them on Facebook and continued via emails.

Bottom line, don't but your tickets here especially if you foresee you'll need to make changes but if you have bought it and want to make changes, don't be put off by these reviews as there are actually successful cases.

To Flighthub, we appreciate the timely response and refund.

randeew
3/11/17

Don't get sucked in to the lower prices for this company if for any reason you have to change you will pay more for the change then you will for the ticket, the staff is arrogant, condescending, barely speak English and they're not helpful at all. To cancel and change a flight was apparently over $900 which was more than the cost of the ticket, they claim the $600 cost was British airways cost, we contacted them directly and as the tickets that flight hub purchases are bulk purchases, they are refundable, meaning the $600 they claim is being kept by the airline is in fact not true, when I asked that question they just referred me to the website and refused to acknowledge whether or not they receive those funds or not. When I finally agreed to cancel they took an extra $300 which was their fee without my consent on visa and then called the next day trying to get me to authorize it, they had no authority to take that so in my opinion that is blatant fraud. I asked them for their address to write to and it doesn't seem to exist I asked to speak to a supervisor they don't seem to have anybody and I'm not sure if they're just working out of the basement somewhere, the aggravation and nonsense of several hour long phone calls that you can hardly understand make this a company you need to stay far far away from. I have started legal action against them for fraud, DONT GET CAUGHT !!!

thomasf90
3/11/17

Both my son and I cancelled our flight to Sweden at the end of November, 2016. Penalty charge debited on December 03, 2016 but refund has not been made after 3 months! My son called Flighthub over the last few weeks and the reply is always the same "being processed and you will have the money back in a couple days".

Thomas Foo

mohaa3
3/9/17

i advice every body do not book through this fraud company, i booked 2 tickets on the phone for my wife and son, after they send me the tickets on email i told her can you wait to verify names on tickets she said by for now and close the line, i checked the tickets it was mistake in middle name of my wife, i call after 2 minutes to fix it, other Indian bad guy told me the only option is to cancel the reservation and book new one and the cancellation fee is 25 $ per person, i agree he cut 150 $ from my account, i told him why you cut 150 $ from my account he said i told you 75 $ per person and also he said by for now and close the line, right now the 2000$ is not refund to my account, they are fraud company and they put people their accent is not understandable. i advice everybody do not book through them believe me they plays with costumer to gain money.

susanm284
3/8/17

What I booked originally was way cheaper than what they ended up charging. Their change fees are exorbitant. Lastly, when I called to confirm and request for changes, the person, Jian, deliberately HUNG UP ON ME!! How do these kinds of businesses get away with such bad service and robbery???????This is insane!

rowenaw4
3/7/17

For a small change initiated by the airline, I was asked to call them early February. At that first call, I was put on hold for 30 minutes. I agreed to the changes and requested that a new itinerary be sent to me. They never did. Two days ago, they sent me another email to call them about a "waiver". I thought it was a different issue. So I called them last night and was put on hold 45 minutes. After waiting all that time, the FlightHub rep told me that she could not update my itinerary for that very same change as the first time, and told me to call back to confirm. At that time, I lost my temper and reprimanded them for their incompetence and that I would never book with them. This morning I contacted the airline directly. The whole call took less than 5 minutes and a revised itinerary was emailed to me right away. FlightHub has a lot of room for improvement in their customer service.

jessican56
3/7/17

Like the other reviews - bad customer service! I went to book our ticket and it said click to review charges before booking but instead just charged my credit card with no review page. They charged me $40 for extended cancellation policy. I then called to cancel everything a minute after clicking the button and have been on hold forever. The reason we were going with them was because we could select our seats only to find out those seats are not guaranteed so you are also paying for that with no guarantee of getting them.

47 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Flighthub staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Answer
markk83
Midhat Z. [Flighthub Rep]
A: Hi Krischia,

There is no booking fee for making a reservation with FlightHub! If you want to keep your fare as low as possible, make sure to opt out of our optional services, like seat selection, trip protection, and our extended cancellation policy.

Send us a private message if you have any other questions :)

Kind wishes,