Review of Evo

Tel: 1-866-386-1590
it@evo.com

kathrynl16
3/29/17

They say they will set appointments @
All info is outdated!
They say they will do a $ comparison
.they do not respond
Very messed up@

michaelw326
3/11/17

Their prices seem higher than most other online vendors. When I tried their price match, I had to fill out a lengthy form and they denied the price match anyway. Don't waste your time, just buy from elsewhere.

kamiller
3/3/17

I bought a jacket online. It arrived, I tried it on. I decided that I didn't like it. I returned it. I was already annoyed that I had to pay for shipping again on the return. I never got any update that it was received. Thankfully I had package tracking on the item, so once I saw that it was delivered I reached out to inquire about my email.
I was told by a rep that they take forever to process returns, therefore I should get my refund in about a week. (paraphrasing) I waited. No refund came. No further information came.

I had to reach out AGAIN to inquire about my refund. I got a very long response about how the tags were missing and the item was worn. As I mentioned, I put the jacket on for 10 seconds and put it back in the box. Clearly the top notch stocking staff damaged the item. They offered to either return the item back to me or refund me 70%.

So at this point I was livid, not only did I already wast about 20 dollars on shipping at this point, now they decided to keep even more of my money because their staff likes to blame customers for their mistakes. I wrote them a very angry email and immediately got my refund. How funny how quickly that happened.

this was the first and last time I ever purchased anything from EVO.

mattc93
2/23/17

This company is horrible. Just about every aspect of the customer service chain from order, to follow up, to return has been awful. They appear to focus on attempting to be hip and clever (i.e. the voice mail prompt you are subjected to when attempting to connect and clear up their mess), but when it comes to doing what needs to be done they are misguided and incompetent. I have ordered from several other online vendors who understand that the potential risks associated with online orders can be mitigated by a fair return policy and steadfast customer service. In such cases, I confidently spend signifiant amounts of money knowing that I will be taken care of if/when the rare problem arises. Evo does not grasp this essential element of successful online retailers. In my case, they foolishly proceeded to screw me on a 272 dollar item that was a piece of a $1200 order. I will never purchase from them again and would advise you to avoid them so that you do not encounter the same treatment/end that I did. Superior alternatives for your hard earned money/skiing needs exist.

kevinb205
1/14/17

Started buying from them 4 years ago, every transaction had been great and timely. Returns were super easy, etc. The last two transactions have been utter nonsense. One involved a return of a jacket with a clearly defective zipper. That return was 'started' 12 days ago. They finally acknowledged getting the item at the start of the week (although UPS claims sooner) here it is 5 days later and still no refund. Paypal didn't wait 5 days to take my money. I sent an inquiry and the (usually in 24 hours) has long since passed without any response. I have purchased 3 pairs of skis and two pairs of boots misc items like goggles and base layers plus two jackets from them. The last pair of skis took forever to arrive. Orders used to show up in a matter of a few days now it's a week or more (in the case of the skis more). Recently bought a pair of skis I needed for teaching lessons, online from a brick n mortar ski shop in Vermont. They arrived with bindings properly mounted in 4 days (to Minnesota). When EVO started and were trying to carve out online bizz they were doing a fantastic job now that they've got their niche and following one has to wonder if it isn't time to find the next hungry online retailer for a set of bindings for the skis that finally arrived too late for the Holidays.

sethg18
1/7/17

Placed order on Friday. No shipping information was sent to me until the following Tuesday (no holiday) even tho they claim on there website order ship within 24 hours. Said package was garenteed to be here Friday. Now I call on Saturday and they tell me maybe Monday or Tuesday. Customer service guy was very unpleasant and sounded like he would rather be someplace else.

michaels547
1/4/17

One of the best places for me to get equipment. Their bundles can from time to time be perfectly balanced (if you know what you`re buying) and cheaper compared to buying same items separately. + discounts and safe shipping(however can be slow sometimes). I recommend!

rollandc11
7/13/16

I ordered a product from a different site on a Sunday was not informed until also 1pm on Monday that the product was sold out. So I had to search for an old product which led me to Evo. I ordered my bindings around 3pm on Monday and within the hour I had confirmation that it shipped and would arrive at my home sometime Wednesday. Works great for me because I'm leaving Wednesday to use these bindings. Just so happens I got home Tuesday morning at 10am and they were waiting for me. The stress has been lifted and I can't wait to make another purchase from Evo. Thanks for saving the day so I don't have to enter my competition with old bindings.

todds56
Todd S.
3/24/16

Evo has great products and great prices! my big issue is I purchased an item online and it took over day and a half for my order to be processed. Companies such as Tactics.com are on it quick!! Way quicker!!!!

peters221
3/8/16

I ordered the wrong bindings accidentally, after shipping the wrong pair out they immediately shipped me the correct pair free without charge, and even upgraded the shipping. The two representatives I spoke with were very professional, knowledgeable, and friendly.

josephy9
1/28/16

Their "average" response time is said to be roughly 24 hours, but in the three times I've had questions to be answered, it took roughly 72 hrs each time.

I was not even given an answer to my initial question, and the customer support avoided the question altogether, which regarded in price matching.

I would suggest to steer clear and f their website and all their online sales, and work with the sales reps at the actual store location.

markt102
1/26/16

I called up after I found a coupon code. No questions asked they applied the code to the existing order I'd placed a few hours earlier (an already crazy sweet deal) and gave me another chance for an instore (Portland - where I'm at) coupon.

berlindah
11/17/15

I bought on clearance K2 snowboard boots for $100. After 5 uses, a part that holds the boa wires came apart, the stitching ripped. There was suppose to be a year warranty. Evo would not honor it, saying it was from a snowboard laying on the boot going up a chair lift. They determined this through a picture I sent. There never was a snowboard laying on the boot. These boots looked brand new except for the stitching that came apart. I will never buy from them again. I feel the boot was defective. Poor customer service, and poor quality.

lynnp31
7/31/15

Easy navigation of website prompt response overall great site and discrete. Would recommend to others Anabolshop.org. excellent prices quick shipping.

ronaldw30
1/30/15

Honestly one of the best customer service experiences with an online store I have ever had. I ordered a snowboard, bindings, and boots from them. After initial use I found the rear binding mounting hardware kept coming loose (a fault of the manufacturer, not of evo) and when I called evo they immediately, no questions asked, told me they would contact the manufacturer and would then let me know when the new hardware would be shipping to me.

I also had an issue with a missing part on the boot (again a manufacturer error). Evo not only contacted the maker to get me the part (of which I received 3 more than I needed) but also agreed to a discount for the delay in my ability to use the product.

The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and eager to work for you. Bravo.

willd12
12/23/14

Bought Nordica El Capos and Marker Duke Bindings on Evo. Best price out there. They provided a lot of helpful information about the equipment I was buying as well as helpful reviews from other people. They shipped them out right away. I ended up getting them a day earlier than anticipated and they kept me posted throughout. Would buy from Evo again in a heartbeat.

jackc62
8/29/14

I think evo.com is probably the best online place to buy skis along with Backcountry.com. The people that answer the phones know what they are talking about and are interested in making sure you buy the right product. The folks in their physical store in Seattle are super friendly and helpful. All the people that I've been in contact at Evo have a "no-worries" attitude. I like that especially for buying stuff that should be all fun.

For price-shoppers, the Evo Outlet which is also at www.evo.com has some fantastic pre and early season deals.

johnw199
4/13/14

Tried to use their price matching. At first, they denied the price match by saying the correct size didn't appear on the site. Then, I gave them the contact manager at the online retailer, and Evo said it wouldn't honor the match because it might be a knock-off or secondhand. These guys are flakes.

michellel41
2/5/14

I love the fact that you can check the stock on every product they carry. The only downside is that the stuff I want isn't on sale :) haha! Their prices are consistent with most other companies and their shipping is super fast.

danielc41
4/5/13

I purchased a bag from evo recently. The bag arrive timely and the product was as described. The only con is that it reeks of cigarette smoke. It seems strange to get a new bag that smells like a smoker has been using it. I am not sure if they are simply passing off a used bag for new to scam me or allow employees to smoke on, with, and around new product. Either way I would recommend buying from someplace else. On a side note I have tried to review the product on their site but they do not post my review. Seems suspicious that they will post the new positive reviews but refuse to post a negative.

joellek
12/15/11

Their price match policy is legit and straightforward. I found a coat I wanted on REI.com that was already on sale and even less expensive with a discount code. They matched the discount code price and gave me an additional 5% off with free shipping.

The customer service reps are quirky and courteous. Needless to say - I'll definitely be back.

laszlok
9/27/11

Great phones. Didn't know much about the company until I purchased an EVO!

vyn1
9/10/11

I got an awesome dress with fast shipping from this website. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing but my shipment was delayed because they wanted me to call and confirm that I had ordered the dress with my credit card. I think it's because I wanted the dress delivered to an address other than my billing address. Never had to do that before and not quite sure how I feel about that!

melissag1
9/20/09

Evo.com has provided me with a ton of my snow sports gear. They have great deals on great gear. Last season I bought a great snowboard/bindings/boots/bag package for an excellent price. They have an outlet that has cheap stuff from which i just bought new pants for boarding this season. The shipping rates are reasonable too. I highly recommend the site.

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Evo staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 3/25/16
on 12/20/15
on 9/18/15
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the Evo staff and other customers.

Evo?