Review of Ebates

Sign up for Ebates now and start earning Cash Back
Visit Us

djw9
7/23/17

I can tell a fake review from a real one. Most Real reviews you can tell because most people make mistakes and spelling and spacing in their reviews. None of these reviews have any mistakes they are perfectly edited reviews which makes me leery. I won't do anything with a company that does edited reviews and they're so perfect you can tell by looking at them. They have somebody spending a lot of time editing s*** that they didn't want people to see because they didn't want the real thing to come out about their company so this is why they edit all these reviews or put them in just just to say that they're 'five star'. They do this all on purpose to F with your head and make you think that irs such a great company to work for when in reallity, its nothing but a scam and a waste of time. I would never do anything with Ebates just because of reading these fake effing reviews!! You have ti be smart!!

johnniej7
7/23/17

I really like the idea of Ebates. I signed up and made a few purchases. Within hours or a day the cash back was documented. But it seems like that has slowed. The last 3 purchases have not shown up in my cash back as quickly. The pain in the butt is that you have to keep track of where you shopped, the date, the subtotal, and the order number in order to put in a request to find out what happened to your cash back. It's become more frustrating for me to QC than I want to really deal with.

rh1204
7/21/17

VERY PLEASED! Have been very happy with my use of Ebates. Offer great deals! Had a question and got immediate help with the answer.

laurac245
7/21/17

Even thought I failed to make a online purchase by activating Ebates, they credited my account anyway. I thought this was out of the norm since the mistake was mine. I dad another purchase that Ebates was activated but not credited and they gave me the credit and took it on themselves to resolve the matter with the vendor. Excellent cash back program! No problems receiving quarterly pay outs either.

milesl11
7/20/17

Was referred by a friend to the websites. I spend $60 at walmart using their link, and the purchase was registered by Ebate. However, my friend didn't get his $5, and I didn't get my bonus $10 gift card. Contacted the customer support, and it just says I didn't spend enough, but I did receive my 1.80 cashback out of that $60 purchase. Avoid.

mf74
7/17/17

The Costumer Service is really helpful and kind! Seems like i forgot to hit the ebates extension so i didn't receive my cashback. However i contacted them and they responded almost immediately and reimbursed me right away. Kudos to you guys for having the most amazing costumer service!

tiffanys92
7/13/17

I have only been an Ebates member for 3 months, and I recently had an issue where 2 purchases didn't have the rebates credited to my account. I provided the email confirmation, and they immediately applied the credit even though they hadn't yet received payment for the referral on their end. One of my purchase fell outside of the qualifying purchase, but as a one-time courtesy, they still issued me the credit. Reporting this and receiving a satisfying resolution was extremely easy and quick. I wholeheartedly recommend Ebates customer service whenever you need them!

devins35
7/12/17

HAD AN OPEN HELP TICKET OPEN FOR A MONTH NOW. WAITING TO HEAR FROM A REP IN REFERENCE TO AN ISSUE IVE BEEN EXPERIENCING. SEEMS THEY DO NOT WANT TO CREDIT MY ACCOUNT FOR REFERRING A FRIEND.

victoriaf23
7/11/17

Purely excellent customer service! A great way to get cash back on online purchases and in store. If you need to get a hold of customer service the response time is absolutely amazing!

eilenem
7/10/17

I made several purchases with a vendor that was suppose to provide a "rebate" per transaction. This vendor also participated in their bonus days where, if one were to make a purchase on given days, bonus earnings could be had. But the earnings did not automatically post. In fact, EBATES Customer Care had to intervene. Keeping good records helped of course but without the expert help of Allison at EBATES, I honestly don't think the ending to my experience would have been a positive one. Allison diligently and patiently kept working with the vendor to make sure every single transaction was reviewed and credited properly. The process took a few months but Allison and the EBATES team kept me constantly informed of the status. I cannot give enough praise for the service I received from EBATES, and especially, Allison. AMAZING service from one very incredible company! I can honestly say EBATES is one company that still provides the "human" factor in helping out their members!!!! Thank you EBATES and thank you Allison for seeing this matter all the way to the very end! I can't wait for my next "Big Fat Check" in August!

ryanf57
7/8/17

UPDATE: Well, I guess I was wrong about ebates. I responded to their original email (see below) and a few days later I received this response:

"Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your reply. HP.com has denied our request for credit for this order due to the reasons mentioned. Please keep in mind that if you start an order by clicking through Ebates, and then search other sites for deals, that the last site you click on will earn the commission for your order. This commission is what Ebates shares with you in the form of Cash Back.

Also, merchants may deem an order ineligible for Cash Back if any returns or exchanges are made from the original order.

While the merchant will not credit this purchase, as a courtesy to a valued member, your account has been updated to reflect this Cash Back. You can view this Cash Back information in your Ebates account at this time.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused, and we appreciate your understanding. Please let me know if you need any further assistance."

Still don't know how I wasn't credited for the order, but ebates made things right so I'm updating post to 5 stars.

Original review:

Well, it's too good to be true if you plan on 'cashing in' on big purchases with big cash back rates. I bought a computer on the HP website thru Ebates. They were offering an impressive 10% cash back, the computer costs a little more on HP than other outlets but, hey, 10% back will more than cover the difference right? NOPE.

I followed the link to the HP website, made the purchase, after a few days of waiting I decided to see what was up with the cash back reward. Here's the response I got:

"Hello Ryan,

Unfortunately, we are not able to add Cash Back to your account for the order from HP.com. When we looked into this order, we found that the order was attributed to another site that partners with this store. There are many ways this can happen. Here are a few examples:

· If you used a coupon or promo code that is not found on Ebates but found on another site, that site will be credited for that order.
· If you visit any other site during your shopping trip (especially other sites that offer rewards, coupons, or discounts), that site will be credited for that order.
· If you have a toolbar, plug-in, add-on, etc. installed on your browser (especially for other sites that offer rewards, coupons, or discounts), that site will be credited for that order.

Find more information about exclusions and limitations at www.ebates.com/help/exclusions.htm

Feel free to reach out to me if you still have any questions. Thank you."

I didn't use any promo code (they know that), I didn't visit any other website. Simply clicked on the HP link on Ebates and made the purchase. Now they're telling me the purchase is void for some reason. Won't even tell me what this other website that supposedly got credited is.

kiar75
7/5/17

When you have an adjustment or a deal that doesn't seem to want to go through and you contact help, they actually try to help and right away not in a few days or so. Always they are friendly and professional and maybe your deal didn't get accepted but they explain why and how you can avoid disappointments in the future.

karenr176
7/2/17

Very user friendly website. Deals are great and customer service is top notch. I've used (tried) other cash back sites and they were nothing but a hassle. Ebates is easy. Click the cash back icon, shop and your money goes straight to your account. Great lists on website showing your shopping trips, cash back amounts.. Everything you need.

sp638
7/1/17

I really love using ebates and I often go there before shopping anywhere else. They somewhat recently added in store cash back which makes this even more amazing. Don't be mislead though, it's not "getting paid to shop" it's just basically giving you some money back off of what you spent. That's really my only "complaint" (it's not really a complaint it's just wording but I hope you know what I mean).

The website itself feels very crowded but it is very easy to navigate. I've recommended ebates to almost everyone.

murrayb34
7/1/17

consistently saves me money ...
not only do I get cash back, but customer service is superb, they work out any issues quickly and in favor of the customer if at all possible
highest recommendation

rachelh112
6/30/17

I think this is the first review I've ever written. I joined at the end of last year and told my boyfriend to sign up so we could both get the bonus. Received an email maybe a month after signing up saying I had won 1000CAD in the refer a friend contest. I hadn't entered a competition so thought the email was a scam but looked up the employee and messaged the company on facebook and ended up sending back the form and then got the money in my account shortly after! I was soo happy as I never win anything even when I do enter so to be automatically entered just for referring someone was such a great surprise. I then received my cheque in the next payout along with the extra money I'd earned from shopping. Easiest money I've ever made :) I imagine people who do a lot of online shopping would get a lot of money back. I don't shop that much as trying to save but when I do it's awesome to get some of the money back! Cheque can take a bit longer than the date it shows, I think that's the processing date maybe so give it an extra couple weeks before enquiring, the first time I wondered if it was actually going to arrive and was still unsure of the legitimacy so when it came I was pretty darn pleased :)

anthonyu9
6/29/17

It's a great company where you earn money for stuff you're buying anyway. And their customer service is amazing. Any time I've ever had an issue, or didn't get credit for a purchase right away, they're resolved it in record time without hesitation. They respond to questions in a very timely manner and all of their representatives are extremely knowledgeable.

paigev5
6/29/17

The Customer Services goes above and beyond, every time, to ensure the Customer/Consumer is happy. For example, I had issues with my Chrome Extension button that led to two missed Cash Back opportunities. In one day I had three inquiries: two about the missed cash back, one about the extension. Within 12 hours, all there were issues were resolved. Thank you to Charles N, Tabitha T, and Mark D for your great Customer Service!

Tip for consumers: Add the extension! It is the BEST way to make sure you always get credit for your shopping trips!

dinau
6/29/17

Love this site. Pops up automatically so that I don't need to search for savings - they find me! Makes it very easy to save and get that refund check - and it is at so many companies where I already shop! The best!

lauram274
6/27/17

Beware of this company's practices to not pay out the earned cash back money. Waste of time, nerves and lost money. I have not met anybody that has had a good experience with Ebates.

rayfordh
6/27/17

I love getting money back for things I buy! I also love getting paid to refer others to such a great service; I just received $50 for my first two referrals! Check it out and see for yourself. You can get rebates for shopping at places like Macy's, JC Penney, Amazon, Expedia, Jet, Kohl's, etc. You have nothing to lose and a lot to gain by checking it out!

bettys74
6/26/17

I do all my online shopping through ebates now since I found out about it. Who wouldn't want money back especially for something that everybody does. I really like the fact that you can get credit for shopping in stores now. Thank you Ebates.

lukec54
6/25/17

reliable, excellent and savee money too, would like to refer to others, I tried many of them, and Ebates is the best cash back portal for me personally.
Read a small guide here:

emmab120
6/25/17

Stay away from Ebates, rather go with Great Canadian Rebates or Shop.com. They're legit and get your cashbacks fast and automatic. Ebates customer service is HORRIBLE and cashback cheques always arrive late.

nagaa1
6/23/17

i ordered a laptop on hp.com where ebates says 8% cash back. waited for a week to get the amount added to ebates cash it is not added. when contacted they simply said order is not placed from ebates. i belive they pay only amount less then $10.

Expected amount is $104 but no response.

Helpful answer

If it for some reason doesn't show like it should, I contact ebates. I include a copy of the email with the information from the order placed. Normally I wait until the purchase has arrived. This gives ebates and the store to put the transaction in your account.

By lisa k. on 5/3/15
Helpful answer

Hi Jenny, Ebates does not earn credit for phone orders. We do not advise any of our members to place orders over the phone. If this happened, please send me the message showing where we advised this so that I can try to resolve the matter for you. My direct address is facebookhelp@ebates.com

Helpful answer

Hi Mike, This is a great idea. I'll make sure that our leadership team is aware of this suggestion and I'll see what we can do to make it happen in the future. We know that Ebates is the best Cash Back shopping service, but we appreciate your confirmation of this fact.

By Max C. [Ebates Rep] on 5/16/16
Helpful answer

Hi Deb, This is very odd. We would really need to see what you saw. Would you be able to send screenshots of the two different prices? This is certainly something that should never happen. My address is facebookhelp@ebates.com. Please help us by sending this along when you have the time. We appreciate it. Thank you, Ebates

By Max C. [Ebates Rep] on 2/10/16
Helpful answer

Yeah every time I shop online I check Ebates. They only thing you have to remember is to always go through the Ebates link to the store you want to shop at. I forgot the first couple times and honored the purchase because I'd originally started the shopping through Ebates. I did receive the $10 gift card, it worked. It's an easy way to get reimbursed for shopping you're going to do anyway. I receive my checks as they promise. Now I'm even buying regular household toiletries through Walmart via Ebates which saves me time, and I get free shipping. When you start a shopping trip check out the coupons, codes for that store to save more.

By Betty D. on 9/8/15
Helpful answer

Hi Jenni, This can happen if the stores deems the order invalid or ineligible for Ebates credit. We are here to help. Please send us the details using this page: https://www.ebates.com/help/customer_care/wheresmycashback.htm

By Max C. [Ebates Rep] on 12/3/16
Helpful answer

HI Susan, We are here to help. I don't have your account information, so you can use this link to send us the details of your order. We can then also help you with the bonus. https://www.ebates.com/help/customer_care/wheresmycashback.htm

By Max C. [Ebates Rep] on 12/9/16
Helpful answer

Hi Brenz, The funds are sent to you in the Big Fat Check. The Cash Back will post within 5 days usually, but sometimes we do see delays if there are delays in shipping. If anything fails to show up, please let us know the details using this link. We are here to help. https://www.ebates.com/help/customer_care/wheresmycashback.htm

By Max C. [Ebates Rep] on 11/25/16
Questions? Get answers from the Ebates staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Ebates