US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

mixxyn

eBates customer service will always be there when I needed or requested to investigate my lost cash back. (in 439 reviews)

debrab29

While learning my way around Ebates, the people in Customer Care have been most helpful. (in 48 reviews)

sarahg48

I got all my questions answered in under 24 hours and am very grateful and happy with the excellent service! (in 23 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kims180
7/24/16

I purchased a dress online at Macy's using Ebates and it was one size too large. I went to the store and exchanged it not knowing that they would credit me and then ring me up as a new purchase. A couple of days later I noticed that the cash I received from Ebates was now deleted. I emailed them questioning the transaction and they were very fast to respond. The correct thing would have been to return the dress at Macy's and re-purchase it through Ebates.
With Ebates outstanding customer service, they refunded me the full amount, understanding that I made a mistake. Thank you for working with your customers.

marionp18
7/20/16

When I joined ebates they had a thing going on where if you spend $25 or over you get a $10 gift card. I spent well over that and never received one. Everytime i contacted customer service it was a different excuse. Very disappointed

vh20
7/16/16

I took too long to rate my experience through my email - sorry. I contacted ebates because the email address on my account had changed. I was using a work address but left the firm and didn't want them alerted every time I used the site. I was unable to make the change myself because I had to click a link in the email and I no longer had access to the email address, so it was a vicious circle! I contacted customer service and Keisha corrected the email information in my account and then sent me a confirmation email stating that my account had been updated - all within 2-3 hrs. (Anyone who has done this with other sites will understand how quick the turnaround time was - usually it takes up to 2 + days to get that information corrected!) Thank you, Keisha!

adeles4
7/15/16

Shop on line, get cash back. Sounds too good to be true, but it's that easy. Huge list of major stores that participate, so it's not inconvenient. And their customer service is amazing. Super fast response to questions and they make the customer a priority! Use Ebates! You won't be sorry!

miguelp8
7/15/16

I registered with ebates after seeing their commercials on tv. What a mistake! I was supposed to get a $10 Target gift card for signing up. I sent several e-mails trying to get the gift card that was promised to me. I stopped shopping with ebates after my first purchase. THEY ARE LIARS AND SCAM ARTISTS! NOT RECOMMENDED!
Update as of July 22, 2016: Ebates contacted me and promised to send me my $10 Target gift card and claimed that they did not have my address. I find it hard to believe that they did not have my address. I will update again if I receive my gift card.

genevievem5
7/14/16

Love Ebates. Easy to use, no gimmicks, exactly as described.

lauraw98
7/9/16

Ebates rebate check had expired, they were very supportive and is issuing a new check replacement. Ebates was very prompt and helpful.

lous34
7/7/16

responses via email very helpful

kikip1
7/2/16

I have seen the commercials and thought there is no way manufacturers would would pay you to go through this site. I was wrong and I really question how much advertising costs are translated into our consumer costs (that's another topic!)

In a nutshell, check here first before going directly to buy anything online. There are coupons and discounts, and of course cash back. A few % may seem small, but it adds up and they pay out quarterly to your PayPal account. For example, I had to get a new stove. I went to the local store to ask questions and check out the model. Then I went online through eBates to buy the model. I got 5% back from almost $1k purchase! I also did the Chrisfmas shopping based on the online stores that offered the most %cash back! Well worth my time and small effort!

katye1
7/2/16

Ebates - not only have they saved me a bunch of money over the years that I've been a member, both with cash back and coupons, but their customer service is outstanding! I've never had a bad experience with them. Most recently, Keisha kicked butt in taken care of my many requests for cash back that the stores did not inform them of. I greatly appreciate Ebates, and recommend them to everyone I can!

jessicab165
7/1/16

I had some confusion about my ebates account. Nicole was very professional and patient and was able to combine my accounts. She was beyond helpful. I am grateful.

amberh41
6/30/16

Had a question and they answered immediately and solved my problem!! Amazing

jenniferh191
6/29/16

I've always raved about ebates and have never had a problem with them--until now. I have had an account for 3 years. I also have an ebates canada account. I use both--i have US and Canadian credit cards, mailing addresses etc. The two site offer different cashback amounts, so i will often use ebates.com to shop in Canada, and ebates.ca to shop in the US. My last purchase (Canadian Groupon) i did not receive my cashback credit, so I submitted the "where's my cashback?" form. Although I had submitted my order number, shopping trip number AND the confirmation email from Groupon, i was asked to re-submit the info again--which i did. After several days, they informed me that the cashback was now in my account. I went to check, and found out that they calculated my cashback on a purchase price of $24.90--however my purchase price was $40. So I asked where they got this $24.90 amount. They told me that because the purchase was made in Canadian funds, it had to be converted first. I pointed out that their own website indicated:

"All Ebates.com order and rebate amounts are shown in U.S. dollars. For simplicity, orders reported to Ebates in Canadian dollars are converted to U.S. dollars at a 1-to-1 rate."

They then told me that the website was wrong. I asked when this policy had changed--they said it hadn't, that it had always been this way. I replied that i had 3 years of transactions that proved otherwise. Then they said that i had asked for this cashback transaction to be paid in Canadian funds and that's why they had to convert it?? Since all of our communications have been over email I don't understand how they can even say this with a straight face. The person i have been emailing with went from "Customer Service Rep" to "Customer Services Supervisor" and now apparently she is a "Customer Services Manager".

Honestly, all i would like is to speak to someone who is actually able to comprehend the issue and doesn't parrot back double-speak. Just be aware that published Terms and Conditions don't mean anything--unless it's in the business' favor.

**updated** ebates responded to this review within approximately 1/2 day and seemed to acknowledge that this policy had indeed changed (instead of telling me it had always been this way). I'm very impressed with this responsiveness and simple validation of my issues. Bravo. I have updated to 3 stars from 1 star as I'm still not impressed with a company that can't update its "legal" Terms and Conditions.

lua109
6/29/16

For the first time since I joined ebates I did not receive my money from an ebay purchase ...however the folks at ebates made it right in a heartbeat...awesome and immediate service!

lauran39
6/28/16

I had issues the Ebates app.Within 24 hours customer service had the issue fixed!!!

ravik42
6/23/16

This is one of the best cash back site with excellent support.

sherylc20
6/22/16

I would also like to say how much I love shopping through Ebates. Nice to shop online and get cash back.

marikan
6/21/16

I had an issue with my account not adding up with my Google Chrome extension. I emailed customer support and they too care of the problem in a few days. Now, everything is up and running as it should be. This is the type of service you should get any and everywhere!

lillyf3
6/18/16

Thank you Krystal for explaining everything and showing me and helping me understand and clearing up all the confusions in my ebates card and ebates visa card. Thank you for your efficiency and clarity and wonderful attitude. It just makes me love ebates a huge bunch more!

carolb126
6/16/16

Your staff work diligently to get this ebate for me. Appreciate great customer service!

shirleys72
6/14/16

I had quite a few transactions that didn't register cash back and emailed customer service. Not only did they give me cash back for those purchases, they even gave me cash back for transactions that wouldn't have applied originally. It was a very quick and easy process just through a couple of email exchanges. I am very pleased with Ebates and their customer service.

sheilaw30
6/10/16

I had a recent shopping experience where I had already received my shipment of product ordered, however my ebates cash earned wasn't showing up.(first time EVER, and I've been with ebates for 4+ years at least!! I thought, "great!! A glitch, I won't see that cash back now" but I was certain I had signed in thru ebates, so with one short email to ebates, and víola! I got a immediate, & reassuring response that, though they hadn't heard from shopping said shopping site, they weren't going to make me wait any longer for my earned cash. So, Within a few minutes, my cashback was listed on my ebates account. Just that quick, and hassle free. Thank you ebates, for the incentive to shop thru your site, I always find the best stores, coupons, double cash back, the list goes on.... it certainly has put some extra cash in my wallet, and I am excited to ALWAYS do ALL of my shopping thru ebates. I LOVE MY BIG FAT EBATES CHECKS!!!!!!!!
Very satisfied EBATES SHOPPER

diptik2
6/9/16

Keisha,Customer Care,Ebates resolved the issue quickly

jh416
6/9/16

Ebates replied to my inquiry almost immediately, and the representative was super helpful.

anner47

I accidentally purchased my order from ATG Store without logging
in to Ebates' website. I sent email to Ebate customer care along with the proof of my order conformation. Later, Ebates sent me my cash back! They handled this issue very professional! I'm very happy!

53 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Ebates staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
6/13/16
Answer
dylanc15
A: Hi Amy, We too would have liked to have earned credit for this order. However, it is not possible for Ebates to earn credit for your order after the fact. We offer a browser feature to prevent this from happening in the future. Here is a link: http://www.ebates.com/button.htm
6/14/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
5/18/16
Answer
dylanc15
A: Hi Jenny, Ebates does not earn credit for phone orders. We do not advise any of our members to place orders over the phone. If this happened, please send me the message showing where we advised this so that I can try to resolve the matter for you. My direct address is facebookhelp@ebates.com
5/19/16