Review of Ebates

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

carriej14
4/23/17

eBates is easy to use, has incredible customer service and partners with a variety of fantastic companies to offer incredible deals and promotions!

kw155
4/23/17

I've had several issues getting the credits to apply. I have to use a different browser, deactivate ABP and it's still hit or miss if the credits work. They won't help resolve the issue and they refuse to give me the credits that I've earned. Their customer service copies and pastes the same content and it doesn't ever address the issues. I'm considering going through the BBB.
If 0/5 was an option, they would get it! I plan on sharing this information with everyone I know that uses this site!

adrianr24
4/22/17

My friend told me about Ebates and then i tried it for myself and loved it! I instantly started recommending it to people. It is fun, easy to use and when I have had a question have responded back immediately with all the information and then some.

We all make purchase on line, why not make some cash back and refer a friend to do the same.

larisak2
4/20/17

booked my vacation trip thru ebates expedia says 10 % cash back
spent over 5 thousand on my deal assuming to get 10 %back which is $500 ....
got only $89 :(

advice: make sure you read a small print somewhere down there....before you order something.

thank you!

shellip3
4/20/17

Fantastic customer service team! Prompt resolution and great communication. Thank you Ebates, well done! I will tell anyone who will listen of my experience. My entire family uses Ebates, and the attention to customers and communication are exactly the reason why. Thank you again for all your help!

marylout1
4/18/17

I have been using Ebates for the past few years. It is so much fun getting free $ for buying things I was already going to purchase! I highly recommend using Ebates!

dingv
4/14/17

I am an online shopper and very particular with prices - I noticed that Walmart and JCPenny's prices goes up when I activate Ebates. Example: I was looking at a jeans priced $10.00 but when I active Ebates the price in my Cart went to $12.00. Where is the deal in that! I am only getting a 1% back from Ebates but if I don't activate it the price was discounted by $2!!! There is really no deal with Ebates if you are buying clearance and roll back items!!!

ta7928
4/11/17

I had a problem with one of my purchases not showing up on my ebates account, and emailed my problem to ebates. I was stunned to get a live, human fast response and quick resolution!! Seriously, I didn't know great customer service still existed!!

tiffanyr28
4/9/17

I have earned 3 "Cash Back" offers from Ebates, one of which was from Dell for a laptop. Dell delayed reporting to them for over a month. The Ebates customer service rep kept me posted weekly on the status (showing me they hadn't forgotten me) and notified me immediately when Dell finally did report it to them.

mntm
4/9/17

I first heard about ebates through a friend since I shop ALOT online, especially for the holidays. It was great for awhile. Then when I didn't deposit my check & missed the dates to deposit one & never got the rest. I told them & they reissued me a new one. I never got them. 3 missing checks became 2 missing check became 1 missing check. After 4 tries of email tag saying the same thing & taking the one check I got they withdrew it from my account & charged me a $12 fee!? They keeo saying they will reissue it, I have yet got anything. Fun until they reissue it & it seems they just don't want to.

marcyg4
4/7/17

Ebates is a wonderful company that follows through on all it's promises. If one of my cashback payments doesn't appear in my account, all I need to do is notify them, and it is promptly placed in my account while they investigate further with the merchant. I get my check right on time. I've told many friends about Ebates; everyone should join!

ronniem26
4/5/17

Every business could take a lesson from eBates. Polite, responsive, helpful. Wish I could have found this service sooner!

donnam194
4/3/17

Everybody loves cash back !! Ebates offers cash back but just as important they ALWAYS give outstanding customer service. Shopping with Ebates is a happy and perfect shopping experience. The site is easy to navigate and you can find anything you want at the stores they have. It's a seamless and perfect shopping expearience everytime. You won't be disappointed!

lindab331
3/28/17

Any time I have a question or concern, it is answered immediately. Ebates has the BEST customer service. Thank you so much.

janetc15
3/27/17

I created an Ebates account under the impression of earning back a small amount of money. Their commercials presented women who claim to have earned hundreds of dollars back. While I'm entirely satisfied with the way the website has worked for me, it's not worth my time. Frankly, it's probably not worth many people's time. If you shop at places (as other reviewers mention) such as Amazon, Target, or even Rite Aid, you won't find any cash back. Or the cash back is for very specific categories that you'll probably won't find yourself purchasing from.

Again, I'm entirely fine with it since sign up was free and I'm not in a place to demand anything. However, seeing that I saved $0.04 from shopping at a store, or $0.30 at American Eagle, it's not even worth my time to log in and remember to "activate" my shopping session. I don't bother using Ebates anymore. This was just my experience. And honestly, Ebates here seem to have a ton of reviewers (a lot more than many websites rated here), and a lot of the reviews seem fake and suspicious to me. It doesn't inspire confidence to trust a company that needs to make fake accounts to write fake customer service reviews (which is weird because how often do people actually review eBates for customer service rather than the actual service?) Hmmm.

patriciab182
3/27/17

Love that I can spend my money shopping, and get paid to shop. It's effortless and easy. Try it, you'll like it!! :-)

donnar133
3/24/17

Excellent Customer Service!! I contacted Ebates on 3/24/2017 and received an immediate response from Kris in Member Services. My request regarding a previous online purchase was resolved within just a few hours that same day. Very Satisfied Ebates Member!!

robertd280
3/19/17

I guess if you like shoes and purses it works for you, but those of us who shop in stores and places such as Walmart, Amazon, Lowes and such, find out real quick that many items don't qualify for the ebates money back.

After spending close to a thousand dollars in the very places I mentioned, I had a grand total of 40 cents to my name in Ebates. Frankly not worth my time to log into Ebates.

lisat160
3/18/17

i've had to contact them on 2 separate occasions and they have responded the same day. They are great at solving issues and would recommend the service to anyone that is looking for a good rewards program with no hassle.

sammyd21
3/17/17

A very professional company with a staff that will help you save money.I use the website site and also the app. I've used it for years and really like it.

shannonp36
3/17/17

I started Ebates during online Christmas shopping and could not believe how easy it was to earn money. I then noticed last week that it could be used on Amazon. I am an Amazon Prime member so this was thrilling to me.
I am not the most internet savvy person and had some user error issues while using Ebates with my Amazon Prime account. Ebates customer service helped me resolve these issues immediately. I could not believe how fast they responded and helped me figure out what I was doing wrong. On one of my Amazon orders, it did not qualify but they gave me credit as a courtesy which was super nice. I love Ebates! I highly recommend them if you love saving money!

yevgeniyav
3/16/17

I had a balance cash back $44. After a few days it just disappeared and it shows me my balance $0. I Send them email with all informations and got an answer to send it again and again. It is just another internet garbage. Avoid it.

andreas359
3/16/17

Don't use their site. When you use its things freeze and crash. Also they don't always give you your money when you shop through them. Then I will send in a request because they didn't credit me and then they will send me a 3 parargraph long email saying how they can't credit me because my order number is real (even though I take it directly from my confirmation page) and how I don't know how to use the site. Blah blah blah crap. Basically they don't want to credit you. Not sure the point of their site. And the customer service representatives are VERY rude.

lindam268
3/12/17

I have been using Ebates for a few years now. It is so easy to receive cash back for shopping. They have an excellent customer service department that usually responds immediately or within a reasonable amount of time. I would recommend this to anyone who not only shops on line, but also in stores!

chrisf124
3/7/17

Anytime that I have had an issue, it has been a great experience and quickly resolved. Thank you for always making it a great experience!

63 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Ebates staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question