Review of Crowdtap

Crowdtap reviews

brittanyb69
11/14/17

I dont know why so many bad reviews they are amazing you get full products to samples and when you do missions you get points everytime then when you met ur goal u get 5 dollars of amazon gift card its not much but the more you do the more giftcards you get i think people are wrong about the scam because i gotten 15 dollars so far and samples as well crowdtap is amazing forvet the bad reviews

christyf12
11/7/17

I have tried surveys and I would get paid for them, but never could redeem my points to receive my money. There were always excuses as to why I couldn't get paid. But Crowdtap is the very first survey site that I actually receive gift cards when I complete enough surveys and get a certain amount of points. You won't make enough money to quit your job, but who doesn't like getting gift cards? I have also applied to test and review products and I received full products! That's a big deal for me because I have applied to other companies to test and review products and I was never considered or sent anything.

jennifers411
10/13/17

Not only do you get full sized products to review but you also get points for each brand task you complete. Once you've gained so many points you get a five dollar gift card for Amazon. So even if you never get to test any product you get paid just for sharing ads for different brands!

johnd870
10/9/17

It's been more than two weeks and I haven't received any rewards. I just got two emails saying reward on its way but haven't received actual reward. Yes facebook disabled my account don't know why but what does that have to do with me receiving my rewards. My facebook account was verified when I signed up to Crowdtap. I have contacted Crowdtap support twice and still nothing. They just stopped replying to me. Don't waste your time on this site.

Response from McKenzie L., Crowdtap Representative
Hi John - Thanks for your review and we apologize for any frustration! Without a valid and active Facebook account, we cannot provide gift card information. We use Facebook to verify everyone's identity to cut out the possibility of someone scamming the site. It's a simple, proactive measure to ensure gift cards are earned fairly, but it's not fool proof. If you're able to provide us with an active Facebook account via private message to verify your identity, we'd be happy to re-review your gift card information!
steameda
9/14/17

Crowdtap is so dishonest! After I posted something to Facebook because it was required I was hacked by someone in Washington! Coincidence I Think Not! They also never sent the Gift Card they said they were!! Such a scam, sure they are sharing/selling personal info hand over fist!!! Junk.

Response from McKenzie L., Crowdtap Representative
Hi there - We're sorry about your experience and appreciate your review. Please know our Privacy Policy expressly prohibits us from selling or providing your personal information to any other website, company or person (http://home.crowdtap.com/privacy-policy). We are sorry your account was hacked and we're happy to help you investigate this further, in addition to your missing gift card. If you email our team at support@crowdtap.com you should hear back in 1-2 days. If you're missing a gift card we will provide it to you.
clairep22
9/10/17

I was really impressed with this site while I was able to use it. You had to put a good amount of work into it to make money and get free items to try. You mostly receive amazon gift cards for every certain amount of points earned by doing actually fun surveys and polls which I liked, and some missions mailed products to your door for you to try and earn more points from. The only problem was that sometimes it took longer than expected to receive a product that I was supposed to review within a few days after receiving, therefore only getting a day or two to try and review a product. Also it sucks to be a user on this site when you have a job and a life outside of sitting at home and being able to complete mission tasks all day, because they will penalize you for not completing a survey about the item you received within the amount of time given. I wish I knew I would be banned for this because you will get banned from the entire site when you get flagged for not finishing the survey, and I feel as though that is a bit much. Also I noticed that a lot of users would just put a few words for the commenting missions where you were told to write multiple sentences and go in depth about a product and it seemed unfair that I, a user who constantly put the best into my reviews once I was able to do them, was banned over people who half ass their reviews and do everything quick so they can get what they want. I wish they would have given me more warnings about writing my reviews for the product I received and also given me a bit more time or somehow let them know when I receive my product so they can create a timeline from then for me to complete the mission. With that, however, it is definitely not a scam as while I was a user on it, I earned many $5 amazon gift cards pretty easily as well as full sized and a few sample sized products to try. That's the good thing about this site. So as long as you're super on top of things you will probably enjoy it.

Response from McKenzie L., Crowdtap Representative
Hi Claire - Thanks for your review! We're sorry to hear about your experience, and if you email us at support@crowdtap.com we can give you a further explanation of why you were banned and some options you may have. We do let members know then they've been flagged to prevent getting banned, so we're happy to troubleshoot why you may not have gotten that email.
bryannab2
9/5/17

I was pretty impressed by the fact that i received the amazon gift cards and that they went through. However, immediately after the following day i tried to log in to my amazon account and realized it was hacked . The email address and password had been changed and a purchase was made within the account. Luckily i got my account back through customer service who informed me that there is NO SUCH THING AS A 5 DOLLAR ONLINE AMAZON ECARD

Response from McKenzie L., Crowdtap Representative
Hi Ashley - Thanks for your review and we sincerely apologize for your experience! We're happy to help you investigate what happened to your account further if you message us at support@crowdtap.com. Our $5 Amazon gift cards are legitimate and most members have not encountered any issues redeeming or spending their rewards. We assure you that we send our Amazon gift cards to our members every day that are provided by a trusted vendor. Since your Amazon account is not linked to Crowdtap, the hacking could not have come from us or our system - our Privacy Policy prohibits us from sharing your personal information with any other company or person!
tangelab
8/28/17

Don't like crowntap at all,can't get the Facebook app so now I don't get my amazon gift card I earn,I wasted my time and energy on this site.

Response from McKenzie L., Crowdtap Representative
Hi Tangela - Thanks for your feedback and we're sorry to hear of your experience! We currently use Facebook to verify member accounts to prevent fraud before awarding gift cards - it allows us to verify each person is who they say they are. If you have issues connecting Facebook to your Crowdtap account, you can email us at support@crowdtap.com. From there we can figure out why you may have encountered an error, help fix it, and award you with any outstanding gift cards.
crissyl1
8/9/17

I absolutely love Crowdtap easy to use and its free. Their website is very easy to use and easy to navigate.

kahd1
7/18/17

I can't talk you guys how much I love CROWDTAP. I am consistently rewarded with gift cards, I probably made 25 dollars already and it's only been like 3 weeks

elizabethw41
7/15/17

I love crowdtap for the samples and the gift cards . I usually earn a $ 5.00 gift card every 1-2 weeks so I don't know how anyone earns $ 600 a year . They are easy to do and I have learnt about a lot of new products ! I have never had a problem with them paying and have received many samples to try . Great site and I will continue to use them .

onet11
7/3/17

Be careful. I am so glad that I didn't make over $600 dollars in a year being with crowdtap. They actually tax you if your products combined with the amazon gift cards reached $600 a year. If you don't believe me, read this here:http://chasemyreviews.blogspot.ca/2016/01/crowdtap-review.html?m=1

Response from McKenzie L., Crowdtap Representative
Hi there - We're sorry for any frustration related to this! Unfortunately this is the tax law that we are required to follow. We're happy to provide you with more information about the law, guidelines and information we need if you meet the $600 threshold. To clarify, we do not tax you on the products you receive - the government does, and we apologize for any confusion along the way. Feel free to reach out to us at support@crowdtap.com with further questions regarding this!
elit48
6/30/17

I just signed up yesterday and get 1100 points same day. And got an email right after saying I will recieve my Amazon Gift card for 1-3 business days but to my surprise today I recieved an email already with the code for my Amazon Gift Card. I am completely shocked and blown away. If you are just patient and love what your doing you will get rewarded. !!

michelleh109
6/6/17

I have earned over 170 dollars worth of gift cards and a LOT of free things to try and give my honest review. I have had free hair dye to free full size make up. Most are full sized but some are sample size. I recently had a full make up set from revlon to try and revlon youth fx. I am now going to be trying shortlist cream and serum. It takes patience and if you do a LOT of photos and submissions, the better odds you get to be picked. It is not for you if you are not willing to do the work it takes though. Photo challenges help you out. If you don't do the reports, then yes, you will get flagged but they aren't that hard at all.

helenar3
6/1/17

Another scam by G2 Crowd which does not fulfill their claims to pay for people's efforts for their opinions, surveys and views. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.

Response from McKenzie L., Crowdtap Representative
Hi Helena - Thanks for your comment. We are not affiliated with G2Crowd in any way. Our website does appear there as some of our members and brands we work with review us on there. We're happy to help clarify any questions or issues you may have if you email us at support@crowdtap.com!
tatianat10
5/19/17

Earned three gift cards about a month ago. Said 1-3 business days...Got an email saying they were coming, still nothing. There are not cards or samples. It is scam

Response from McKenzie L., Crowdtap Representative
Hi Tatiana - We’re sorry you had a negative experience with Crowdtap! If you didn’t receive your gift cards within the 1-3 business days, please email us at support@crowdtap.com so we can investigate why. Regarding sampling missions, Crowdtap selects members who fit a certain profile that the brand has given for a specific product, and you may not have fit that criteria. While we wish we could send samples to everyone, it’s not always possible and apologize for your frustration!
tessaw3
4/26/17

I joined crowdtap a year ago and I do like the samples but you have to sign up fast and be approved to receive each sample. You answer all kinds of questions to earn points which isint to bad but they want you to constantly take pics and post them. They are approved by other members. I just don't feel it's worth it anymore. It takes a long time to get to 1000 points to only earn a $5 gift card.

Response from McKenzie L., Crowdtap Representative
Hi Tessa - Thanks for your comment. Keep in mind we're always happy to help with any questions or concerns you have if you email us at support@crowdtap.com. Crowdtap is an experience you can customize - you can pick what brands you'd like to participate with and what missions interest you. If you don't want to create a photo or share it, you're not required! We hear your feedback about feeling like the site is a lot of work and we'll absolutely keep it in mind as we think of what's next for Crowdtap.
athenag3
4/26/17

Earned two amazon gift cards over a month ago, have yet to receive them. Said 1-3 business days...Got an email saying they were coming, still nothing. Emailed customer service with no response. What a waste of time.

Response from McKenzie L., Crowdtap Representative
Hi Athena - Thanks for your comment and we're sorry you had a negative experience with Crowdtap. We'll send you a private message to gather more information to investigate further and see maybe why you didn't get your gift card in the allotted time.
mariem116
3/2/17

Amo hacer mis compras en Walmart.Empiezo desde la ropa de los chicos y termino en el clearence. Antes de ir a otro lugar prefiero primeramente mi tienda favorita.

victoriaw45
2/6/17

I have been a member for a little over a year and at first it was great I got so many amazon gift cards and so many full size products. You have to get 1000 points to get a gift card. I usually have no problem but this last time it should take 1 to 3 business days to get the code. I still havent gotten it they try to help and are very responsive but still no luck. So Im updating still no gift cards but they have been very helpful so Im happy about that. I think its a lot of tech problems. Im very pleased they finally gave me my gift card. It took almost 3 wks but at least I got it there was a bug in their system.

sallyt23
1/9/17

I was supposedly rewarded a Amazon gift card, and it said "Your reward is on the way within 1-3 business days" Never got to me. It's probably been a week already, I double checked with a email to them. was sent an automated email saying that they got my email and will respond with in a couple days, Nothing. I also got a call in today actually from this random place saying I signed up for something using the exact name I used for Crowdtap, and the exact email address (I used a nickname which I specifically used for crowdtap and nowhere else). So I guess they just input my information to other websites for money. Although I should have known in the first place not to , but I honestly thought it was going to be a cool and legit website. But I learned my lesson.

Response from McKenzie L., Crowdtap Representative
Hi Sally - Thanks for your comment. Please know that we do not use or sell your information to third parties per our Privacy Policy and would never input your information on another site. Unfortunately we're not sure who called you, but we apologize for any frustration - this did not come from us! Regarding your gift card, we'll message you privately to gather some information from you and investigate what may have happened further.
victoriam82
12/19/16

Alot of the surveys, polls and questions are easy, but some are very detail oriented and have like six steps to them, and it takes at least two weeks if you're a busy mom, to get to the reward mark and all they give yoy is $5. Thay is so pointless, whay am I gonna do with five bucks, at least 10-15 minimum, and you can't even wait to put all the rewards together, they immediately send it when u reached your points on the wheel. I also don't like with some of the things u have to answr, thay you MUST use a photo...whay if I was at a library? And my phones data is low so it won't let me upload pics...they need to work on this site.

Response from McKenzie L., Crowdtap Representative
Hi Victoria - Thanks for your comment. Keep in mind we're always happy to help with any questions or concerns you have if you email us at support@crowdtap.com. We hear your feedback about feeling like the site is a lot of work and we'll absolutely keep it in mind as we think of what's next for Crowdtap.
nancyf48
11/4/16

They are biased raising some people's points from 1000 to get a $5 gc to 2000 and then some only got raised to 1500 this is ridiculous it takes me a week to a week and a half to get the one gc not gonna waste a whole month just to see a $5 gc been with them for years now I am done .

radhas7
10/24/16

so far it was a great experience. But since Last week, I did not receive any gift cards after 4 business days.I'm supposed to receive 2 amazon gift cardas, got the email from them "Rewards is on your way",did not reach to me. I emailed to Team members, did not get any reply.
Very upset!

reneec43
9/27/16

I absolutely love Crowdtap! I was able to collect 3- $5 Amazon gift cards in less than 24 hours of joining. It is a lot of fun and hard to not join in. If you have free time like myself, this is a must do, especially for stay at home moms.

If you don't do the missions as they say, you can get banned. If you get 3 tags for not completing reports, you will be banned. Or if they find out you are not doing the missions honestly. They usually are pretty good with me as i do everything the missions call for. Pictures, reviews, text etc.

By Michelle H.

Hi Cristi, Currently Crowdtap is only available in the USA and we don't allow participation outside of that area. We apologize for any confusion!

By McKenzie L. [Crowdtap Rep]

Hi Debbie - Please email us at support@crowdtap.com and we can help you redeem your gift card!

By McKenzie L. [Crowdtap Rep]

Once they send you an email you redeem it on Amazon, you have to create an Amazon account if you don't have one. Choose the gift card option and enter ( copy and paste is the easiest) and it will be added to your Amazon account

By Renee C.
Questions? Get answers from the Crowdtap staff and other customers.

Crowdtap?