US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

steva10
5/3/16

These guys are not a professional organization and should be considered a scam.

sherilp
4/2/16

I signed up for the service and the very next day, they called to tell me they reviewed my resume. A rep called me the very same day and the call was basically to sell me on their expert resume re-write service for $600. They use scare tactics about how long it will take the average person to find a job if they don't obtain the service to make their resume even worth enough to pass a company's applicant tracking system. I told the rep that with my membership, an "expert" of theirs reviewed my resume and gave me pointers, which were all very vague -- she said a lot without really suggesting what or how to change. I mentioned this to the rep I was talking to about my resume and she started to give more scare tactics. I told her at one point that her suggestions and that of the expert who reviewed my resume conflicted and she started stuttering and backtracing. I asked her "since you're telling me to change x, how do you I change that exactly?" she wouldn't give me any details.

I asked her to walk me through the site because when I want to apply for a job, a bunch of diff recruiters pop up for each company and I don't know who to send it to since you use "credits' every time you send your resume to a recruiter at a company. She said "you'll have to talk to the rep who sold you the service or watch the webinars - that's what they're there for." HORRIBLE -- they should not be in business.

keitht19
3/19/15

Until today I have had a quick response, not been treated bad nor rudely. that JUST changed with this connection.
My computer is blocking their site; their 800) 374- 7113 was on the 1st two calls only commercials. On my 3rd call I was hung up on while trying to get help.

Our Recruiters need your resume as soon as possible, please upload or update it now http://www.climber.com/url/t/TPy3CF3360412899 or call 1-800-374-7113.
Uploading a new or updated resume will greatly improve your chances of getting a phone interview and a ultimately that meets your long-term career goals. Candidates with fresher resumes show up higher in our Recruiter's candidate search results.

POST SCRIPT: I connected with a live person that helped me on my 5th call.

Tip for consumers: First above all, do your research, it helps!
Connect with a live person to make sure you are being dealt with correctly.

kennyd15
1/28/15

Climber.com Deceptive marketing and business practices. Do not stand behind their services and\or products
I feel totally scammed out of $599 by this company. Don’t fall for their deceptive advertising.
During a phone call conversation the Climber customer service agent made no distinction or made no attempt to disclose or confirm acknowledgment of the package contract nor that the Climber's 30 day satisfaction guarantee would not apply to this package.
It was during my initial phone call the Climber agent accepted terms of the two contracts as follows without my consent or knowledge.
Only after activation of my account could I discover that their job search functionality offered nothing exclusive and did not provide access to Hiring Managers that they claimed.
Climber refused several refund requests stating I acknowledged the terms of the contract which is not true.
RUN, RUN, RUN away!!! Do not do business with this company. Total SCAM!!!!

amyc21
10/31/14

I had a terrible experience with climber.com, I think it is important for people to know which agency is really helpful with career development, which is not. Here is what I have experienced with climber.com:
1. In February, I purchased the membership of climber.com. after that, I always received the email from CEO about the service of resume and cover letter (here and after I will demonstrate how they want you spent money); after I purchased the service of resume and cover letter, immediately I received a phone call ask my credit card information, and told me how much effort they will put in to make the resume look good; also, they told me 6 months of membership could be waived as a discount; the service is around 650$. The result is quite disappointing, they ask me to write a draft of my resume and fill in the forms; note here, you need to do the work all yourself; what they do is only put a frame on your resume and combine all the information you fill in the form! The language is ridiculous, I’m a research scientist with Ph.D., but the languages they use make me look like a person with high school education level. I have to delete it and edit myself again. I asked for the refund or half refund, but didn’t work.

2. As talked when I purchased the service, 6 months membership fee was supposed to be waived, but that’s not the case, every month my credit card will be billed 39.99$ until this August, when I found the fact, so I cancel the membership.

3. I called them several times, they just keep transferring my call, and finally I can reach a person who said they will mail me the check on 9/5, I told them my updated address, but haven’t received anything until now 10/5. I called them 5 times again, no one picked up the phone; I left three messages, no reply at all. This is an obvious contrast with their enthusiasm before I purchased the service (see point 1).

The conclusion is DON’T use climber.com, not helpful at all and you will waste your money. I personally think they will close business soon because no one will refer to their friends with such poor service and reputation.

davidh178
10/3/14

Please do not waste your time with this organization, I paid for a resume re-write in the amount of 699.00 USD. After waiting two days, I called their Office in San Diego, I got an answering machine without the benefit of leaving a message. I called their online team and finally spoke to someone, they refused to refund my money for services NOT rendered. VERY UN-Professional, client satisfaction is NOT their primary goal please do not waste your money!. There are professional organizations out there that offer real help.

David Hyman

maylonw
8/18/14

Climber.com is a full on scam operations. I signed up for the 30 day, cancel if not satisfied - I received a resume review "offer" to the tune of several hundred dollars. I decline. I have since tried 3 times to cancel - calling is to no avail - you will end up in a voice mail endless cycle. I have gone on their website (today makes three times) to cancel as my bank account keeps getting deducted for their monthly services .... LACK of services say I. Their list of recruiters are mostly recruiting agencies that have long since been closed. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM GROUP

Tip for consumers: DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS COMPANY -

karenr42
7/8/14

*Please I'm begging you RUN & DONT WALK, when it comes to doing business with this site. They came off as authentic, company to do your resume/cover letter and get you in the door with prominent Recruiters in your area to assist you with employment. Its been 6months + No resume+NO cover letter=Loser on my part to the tune of $800+

Toni Keller

Project Manager

619-618-4207 (PST)

San Diego, CA

Check out: http://thankyou.climber.com

toddw18
6/30/14

I am a current job seeker living in Philadelphia, Pa. They called me out of no where and told me about their recruiting service and that it only cost $40 a month and I can get my money back if I'm not satisfied. I agreed gave them my card number and when I looked up their company I saw literally hundreds of terrible reviews about them and people getting ripped off just like me. When I called to tell them to stop payment literally within 5 minutes an employee named Alvin was extremely ruse to me and gave me a phone number that went directly to a voicemail. When I informed him I would file a complaint with the BBB his response was "What's that gonna do " over and over again. Then the girl Jessica called me back said it was canceled and called me a loser. Wow they called me. I never wanted to be called and they prey on people who are desperate for jobs like me.

kp23
6/20/14

Climber.com sells your info to scam companies that inundate you with calls. Do NOT EVER put your info up on their site. I'm having a hard time getting it removed. Terrible, terrible company.

fredericko3
6/5/14

Climber.com is a fraud. It's difficult to log in to their site. They don't answer or return calls. They kept charging me even though they don't help me. I wrote an email to Samuel@climber.com but he would not reply me.
They purposely make it difficult to cancel. It's a dubious agency.

austinl16
5/29/14

I would leave a lower rating if I could. First of all the site uses job search engines that I already had free access to JuJu/indeed. Secondly, the ergonomics of navigating the dashboard, profile and resumes are horrible.

Just don't use it. (emphasis on the period!)

charlesd48
5/27/14

I had signed up for a $99 - 3mo trial which I forgot to cancel so was charged for the 4th month. I couldn't make the 1st "consulting session" offered during the trial period and could not work out another time to meet. So basically, my resume sat in the database for 3mos with no one pursuing me to reset the session or see what kind of jobs I want, etc. I only received emails about jobs in the area that available, which I get from Monster for free. I honestly have no idea if there was any true value added by being on Climber.com

When I called to cancel and complain to "Nicole Chenelle" in customer service I got completely reamed. Her only bit of customer service advice was that Climber will no longer charge for their service. There was NO ATTEMPT made by Nicole to understand/realize that I received a bad experience or to see what she could do to make it better. My mistake for signing up for yet another "cancel before the trial period is over" or you will still pay - promo.

The message is clear, based on the treatment dished out by Nicole, Climber has no intention to make sure that customers are satisfied and, if they are not, there will not be any effort made to try and make the experience better.

Here's an idea - Invest in a serious customer service/retention program. Figure out if your customers feel that they are getting a significant bang for their buck...especially since some competitive sites are free...and treat those customers who might have felt slighted by Climber with some respect and common decency!

Hell...I never even got a survey after canceling asking what I thought and what I would like to see improved. Kind of basic stuff there....

stevet37
2/14/14

I called them....left message and got a call back in 1 hourl. Nice lady named Erika. She spent 30 minutes with me and I signed up for 3 months, gave me last month for free becasue I was NICE it seems...them spoke of resume. She had my critique done for free which was very helpful....Ton Heller was my team captain after that and did a good but slooow job....not her fault, just took a few times to tweak. This is not a scam....resume was great and professional and they went out of their way to help me. Sorry everyone else had a bad experience it seems.

maryams1
2/3/14

Total Scam!!!!! I was stupid to buy complete package for $800 that included cover letter and resume writing and 6 months of recruitment. I was told that they will work on my resume and cover letter to my satisfaction, but later on they told me what they wrote is good (their first draft of writing). They don't receive calls, they don't call back. There is no help. It is a scam website. During my first month, I realized that I should cancel my subscription, I called million times to cancel and left messages, but no one ever replied to my calls. I wasted all that $800 dollars. And now after 6 months, they started charging my account for $39.99......Now I have been trying to call them to get a refund for at least $39.99, but I am sure no one will return the call as before. I am so STUCK and MAD.

mamboj1
1/10/14

RUN!!! This company is a fraud. They'll charge you for things you didn't authorize, regardless of whether you cancelled or not. There is also an alert that pops up on the site, which you have to check "yes" in order to get to the next page, and this "yes" winds up in a charge to your credit card. When contacting the company to complain, they said, "This isn't our company ... it's a different company. We aren't responsible for what they charge you". Total B.S. I complained that I wasn't doing busines with this "other company" and that it's a misrepresentation for them to have pop-up ads on the Climber website, telling you that you can't go further w/o clicking "yes", and they turn around and charge you. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE. There is nothing legitimate about this company. I'd suggest that you dispute any credit card charges.

billb79
1/9/14

Like others, I enrolled in the site under the assumption they would help in my search. I too was told my resume sucked and they would help me re-write it for fee. Fortunately, i was able to find a job WITHOUT their help. However, the monthly fee continued to be charged. Their Customer Service is a JOKE. Their hours, being on the left coast, do not sync well with east cost users, making it more difficult to cancel. I believe they STOLE MY MONEY, and would suggest NO ONE USE THEM...EVER.

daveb61
10/18/13

SCAM!!!!!!!!

I'm a job a seeker and found this site. The company rep contacted me and suggested that I opt for a 4 month package as it was a better deal. It sounded good so I opted for the four month package, after all there's a money back guarantee . I was told the upload my resume and I would be contacted. Within 20 minutes of uploading my resume another rep called me and basically told me my resume sucked, but they could fix it for $1,100.00. I told the rep that was too expensive. The rep told me she would see what she could do, and the conversation ended. Five minutes later the same person called me back and said she could lower the price to $699.00. I declined, and the same day emailed and filled out the online form (read the fine print) to cancel the service. Today I was notified that the plan I was in (the same plan I steered in by the customer service rep) is not eligible for the money back guarantee, I can only use the service now or suspend it and use it later

danaraym
8/19/13

The absolute biggest scammers out there. Do Not sign up for their services. You cant cancel without filing a dispute. I wish I had read these reviews before I signed up. I would have saved myself a huge headache. BEWARE!

robertw61
8/7/13

This is a scam. I wish I saw these reviews before I signed up. Not a lot of money but I am glad I am out now. They did nothing for me and are not capable of doing anything for anybody in my opinion.

Somebody should go into their office and close them down

tj48
6/6/13

I had a couple of calls. No message the first time and the second message the woman left such a rude VM "go ahead and call us back" How rude! There was no way I was returning. Glad I reviewed before I called them back.

paulg39
5/23/13

Total scam site.

They called me out of the blue, and from the sound of it, they were calling from a war-room type telemarketer operation. Lots of sounds, lots of other conversations in the background.

When I inquired as to why they were calling me, they said I filled out a form on their website (I did not) and that I indicated I was looking for a job (I am not) and that they could help me if I was interested in changing jobs.

When I said that I would be interested in a new job, the caller basically read their sales pitch to me, and when I asked about fees, he said "we are a pay service, but we are one of the finest, most succesful of all similar services with an established reach in over 200 markets. Blah, blah, blah.

When I asked for the fee amount, he said it depends on your salary range, and I said thank you, but I'm not interested.

The VERY NEXT day, he called back. Wanted to know if I was still interested in their service. What? When I inquired "who is this again?" he said, do you not remember us talking and said the date and time of our first call. At this point, I replied, yes, I remember that. He said, are you still interested? And I replied "Do you not remember me saying that I wasn't interested?"

No comment, no apology, just click--he hung up.

I feel sorry for anyone desperate enough to sign up with them...

williamp30
5/21/13

They push resume writing and claim they are the best, but i signed up, looking at six figures and before the 30 day were up i saw nothing on my account, except for "sent 1 bio" sent 3 bios" etc.

This is a scam for $40 a month.

aartiu
5/17/13

I called climber.com after I got a text message from them. The phone attendant was rude and clearly indicated that she did not care what I was trying to ask. Will never go back to them!

mh28
4/30/13

HANG UP YOUR PHONE if you hear it's from CLIMBER.COM!!!

Their reps are very very unprofessional and RUDE! Other than "I am from climber.com", they don't want to introduce themselves with their own names. As soon as they sense that I am not an easy prey, they hang up the phone abruptly.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Climber.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
5/7/15
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: Once in the site, it seems you have access to recruiters and hiring managers in top companies in your field. Or so it seems. Ive sent dozens of emails and requests to connect on LinkedIn and connect with recruiters. Not one response from anyone, positive or negative. No response whatsoever. Unbelieveable. Youre lead to believe that the value of this company is in the hundreds of thousands of hiring managers, because it is not in their resume service. So after several months I gave up on the convoluted website, the lack of responses and moved on and sucked it up as a loss. What happens after 6 months? You get a bill for $39.00 for the monthly membership again! On new years day no less! An automated charge, how lovely and impersonal! What a lovely request for my refund I will ask tomorrow morning! Oh now, they have a wonderful refund policy....you can cancel in one of 4 ways....of course you can, because they have plently of unhappy customers.
Unscrupulous companies cannot hide in the etherspace, they must be accountable as if they are are bonfide physical company. This company should be shut down. Yes they probably have favorable reviews but I have yet to see one, they know its a numbers game and more people will not complain and ask for refunds for a month or two. I forked over 600 bucks and the first month membership....and another monthly charge after 6 months of absenteeism....no phone calls no email reminder....nothing. Just an automated monthly charge on new years day! Two thumbs down to climber.com. The only place they climb is in your wallet and screw you of money they did not earn! Buyer beware! Go elsewhere for searching help finding a position!
1/1/13
Answer
kathyd
A: I am thinking to pay climber.com for the job seek service. Is any one having any experience working with climber.com? thanks
1/18/10
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
LoadingLoading...
Questions? Get answers from the Climber.com staff and other customers.

Climber.com?