California Pet Pharmacy reviews

Tel: 877-554-4797
sales@californiapetpharmacy.com

jays452
6/29/17

By far the best place I found to by my pet meds from online. I used to use a couple places out east but their prices keep going up and sometimes would be back ordered on the meds. The people are always nice to talk to on the phone. They also pick up the phone FAST usually under 1 minute. I will continue to use California Pet Pharmacy.

karenf119
6/8/17

Don't always believe the "larger" print of ads for Pet Meds and supplies. Calif Pet Pharmacy advertises over $100 free shipping - "with limitations" in smaller print of course. I've used them for two months, no problem. This time I ordered more Oravet chews and due to "weight" now, they wanted to charge me $15.00 more!! These dental chews are already expensive - I have three dogs, older, so have to rely on good dental chews, versus under anesthia with teeth cleaning, as I have for years and years. InMay I ordered ONEbox, this was ok. Two boxes weren't. So now when they modify the order for ONE box instead of TWO, it comes to a little lower than $100 so guess what - $5.75 shipping charge. LAST TIME I ORDER FROM THEM.......WILL TELL THE WORLD DONT BOTHER.

joser118
6/7/17

Great price, fast delivery and easy to use website. These are the reasons why I love California Pet Pharmacy. My vet sent me to their website because I have 2 dogs and 3 cats. I will continue to shop with California Pet Pharmacy.

aterdafua
6/6/17

I have been using CPP for my 3 dogs for the past 5 years. My vet recommended CPP to me because of the savings and fast service. My vet likes them because CPP responds to her requests quickly and professionally. I recommend CPP to all my neighbors and family

johnj389
6/6/17

I have had very good experiences with California Pet Pharmacy over the past 2 years. Professional employees, quick deliveries and best of all I am saving a lot of money over the prices my dog's vet charges for the same prescription. I am happy to recommend them.

evelisseo
6/5/17

My vet charges me an arm and a leg for my pets Alergie Meds. Here I pay half the price. There girl I spoke to was nice and helpful and I had my meds in 4 days. Thank You California Pet Pharmacy You Rock!!!!

danielk113
6/3/17

I messed up and forgot to order my dogs prescription before it was almost out, called them and they took care of everything and called my vet to get the prescription, I got it 4 days later, I will order through them for every medicine.

mayag7
6/3/17

I have been ordering for years and never have had issues with California pet pharmacy. My refills are super quick and easy to do. I usually have to mail in my prescriptions because my vet doesn't want to deal with another pharmacy. I never have to wait any extra days for my medication because they are on top of their game telling me when I'm getting low and will need a new prescription.

steved139
5/31/17

Beware of this company. They sent me two six month supply's of heartworm medicine or pills and the box and the pills had an expiration date of 12/2017. I just received there pills from California Pet Pharmacy on 05/20/2017. I don't know if this situation is unique but apparently they may buy from a distributor and in my view provided my pets with almost outdated or short dated pharmaceuticals. I called Virbac, the manufacturer and they said I was sold "short dated drugs", but they may last through 2018. They also shipped it in a box handled via the snail mail which was exposed to a lot of heat and left in my hot mail box instead of delivered to my door. I guess I could have chosen better shipping options. Warn your local vets about this possible practice, maybe this is a one time incident, but who knows. It may cost more to buy from your local vet, but at least it's not short dated drugs exposed to a lot of time and storage.

claireb78
5/16/17

Incompetent. Let orders necessary for my dogs health slip through the cracks one too many times. Long holds on the phone. Have never gotten the website together so you can order on line. Good prices but awful service.

lindao67
5/2/17

I got exactly what I wanted in less than a week! Thank you so much California Pet Pharmacy my biscuit is happy and healthy now.

douglasf25
4/24/17

I wrote an earlier review (I couldn't see how to update it) in which I suspected what they sent me was counterfeit. I was then unable to find them on the VIPPS pharmacy verification site so I advised that others stay away. I then reported them to the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy t(NABP). They provide a way to report suspect sites.

The NABP wrote back and let me know that CPP was verified by a new service run by the NABP called .pharmacy. That means it is highly unlikely that what they sent me was counterfeit so I stand corrected.

If you Google ".pharmacy" you will be brought to this new site where you can check out pharmacy sites. Apparently, the concept is that any site that has a ".pharmacy" domain, is a verified site. Very cool concept.

I gave them a 5 star rating here to make up for the one star rating I gave them earlier. Their customer service was poor but that is not as big a deal as being suspected of handling counterfeits so I have to give them a break for now.

kateb76
4/20/17

Aweful exoeience! Some of the worst customer service I have ever come across. Waited a month to get the meds I had ordered, and eventually had to pay the 35$ for the order to be overnighted only to discover that they shipped only one of the 4 heart meds my dog needed. They would not overnight the rest st their cost even though they screwed up the order, Vanessa the customer service manager put words in my mouth and said that I had only expressed concern about the one medication that was shipped, not true! Aweful! Cancelled my order and will work with another company. Ended up costing more time and money and never got my order!

cynthu
4/15/17

Economical - Fast - Friendly - Efficient - Thorough - Perfect

Will buy from this pharmacy again for sure!!!

ashlyh2
4/14/17

days after my order is placed I receive a email saying either they can only place half of prescription or they need a new prescription!! there are multiple refills on file so I have to call them every month to get them to fix their mistake! I paid extra for the faster shipping and was expecting these important heart medications the day i get email! I call and complain and ask them to ship them overnight since it was their error !! they get a manager on the phone who is the rudest person i have ever talk to and she comes up with every excuse as to why they can't overnight the meds that I ordered 3 days ago and should have been here today!! I finally tell her that it is her company mistake and they need to make it right and i can not wait another week on the meds! she says OH Well!! DO not use this company!!!

mikee72
3/14/17

Recently one of my dogs heart medications became very difficult to find locally. After looking all day for somewhere nearby that has the medication my vet recommended california pet pharmacy. I'll admit I was skeptical considering how cheap they were compared to other pharmacies but they were able to get me the medications I needed when others had failed! Shipping was fast as well!

zachm8
3/13/17

I always order at least a week in advance and have never had an issue getting my medications in time.

nealg16
3/7/17

They misrepresent the over the counter products. They would not exchange for the requested item. They charged 20% and returned shipping. The company is a rip off, think twice.

bruceb117
3/2/17

This site is great! Easy to use and very affordable prices! Will be coming back for more meds in the future!

phyllisw14
3/1/17

CPP has always come through for my dog's prescriptions with great prices, immediate communication with my vet, and fast delivery. Thanks CA Pet Pharmacy!

danielm309
2/27/17

I used to always forget to get my dogs medicine every month, and would have to pay extra from the vet. But now California Pets sends it every month right on time without me having to worry about it!

debm43
2/25/17

When the vet told me my poor Hercules had problems with his heart and would have to start on medication I wasn't sure how I was going to pay for it. Luckily, california pet was able to get me the same medications but for way less than what the Dr. Stillings office was asking for! Without such low prices I'm not sure if I would have been able to afford his medication for very long.

jeanetteu1
2/24/17

California pet pharmacy has been the best! My dog sky has a serious heart condition and needs to be on his medication! I was having trouble finding them because my vet was selling them to me way to expensive. I found California pet pharmacy and they have great affordable prices for someone on a budget like myself. I told them my situation and how I need sky's medication asap and if they could do their best to get them to me as soon as possible and how I was running out of time. They were able to get my medication shipped out to me the next day! Definitely sticking with them!

megans74
2/24/17

I recently placed an order online with California Pet Pharmacy for the Heartgard Plus in the 51-100lb. weight range. Later that day a customer service rep gave me a call just to verify I was ordering the correct size since my pet is only 40lbs. and I ended up modifying my order to the lower range. They saved me the hassle of my vet declining the prescription! My order shipped within the next 2 days and received it shortly after! Very pleased with their customer service! Will be back again!

cherylb102
2/24/17

I used California Pet Pharmacy for the first time this month and was not disappointed! My order shipped out the next day and it took 7 business days to receive in the mail. If I ever need anything for my pet I will definitely order from here again!

Helpful answer

Do you have a question? I believe you're sharing an experience... that would be under the rating section.

By Demetria Z. on 5/3/15
Helpful answer

All their prices are listed on the website. Go look them up.

By Lori B. on 5/19/16
Helpful answer

I have not ordered that particular medication from CPP but after the way they handled my doggies medication for giardia i got the impression the company is motivated strictly by the almighty dollar and not for the health or care of animals.

By Tracy W. on 2/4/16

?

By Demetria Z. on 5/30/15
Helpful answer

I looked at the legitscrip report, and it does not indicate "legitimate" status. It indicates "unverified".

By G R. on 8/15/13

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the California Pet Pharmacy staff and other customers.

California Pet Pharmacy?