California Pet Pharmacy reviews

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

claireb78
5/16/17

Incompetent. Let orders necessary for my dogs health slip through the cracks one too many times. Long holds on the phone. Have never gotten the website together so you can order on line. Good prices but awful service.

lindao67
5/2/17

I got exactly what I wanted in less than a week! Thank you so much California Pet Pharmacy my biscuit is happy and healthy now.

douglasf25
4/24/17

I wrote an earlier review (I couldn't see how to update it) in which I suspected what they sent me was counterfeit. I was then unable to find them on the VIPPS pharmacy verification site so I advised that others stay away. I then reported them to the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy t(NABP). They provide a way to report suspect sites.

The NABP wrote back and let me know that CPP was verified by a new service run by the NABP called .pharmacy. That means it is highly unlikely that what they sent me was counterfeit so I stand corrected.

If you Google ".pharmacy" you will be brought to this new site where you can check out pharmacy sites. Apparently, the concept is that any site that has a ".pharmacy" domain, is a verified site. Very cool concept.

I gave them a 5 star rating here to make up for the one star rating I gave them earlier. Their customer service was poor but that is not as big a deal as being suspected of handling counterfeits so I have to give them a break for now.

kateb76
4/20/17

Aweful exoeience! Some of the worst customer service I have ever come across. Waited a month to get the meds I had ordered, and eventually had to pay the 35$ for the order to be overnighted only to discover that they shipped only one of the 4 heart meds my dog needed. They would not overnight the rest st their cost even though they screwed up the order, Vanessa the customer service manager put words in my mouth and said that I had only expressed concern about the one medication that was shipped, not true! Aweful! Cancelled my order and will work with another company. Ended up costing more time and money and never got my order!

cynthu
4/15/17

Economical - Fast - Friendly - Efficient - Thorough - Perfect

Will buy from this pharmacy again for sure!!!

ashlyh2
4/14/17

days after my order is placed I receive a email saying either they can only place half of prescription or they need a new prescription!! there are multiple refills on file so I have to call them every month to get them to fix their mistake! I paid extra for the faster shipping and was expecting these important heart medications the day i get email! I call and complain and ask them to ship them overnight since it was their error !! they get a manager on the phone who is the rudest person i have ever talk to and she comes up with every excuse as to why they can't overnight the meds that I ordered 3 days ago and should have been here today!! I finally tell her that it is her company mistake and they need to make it right and i can not wait another week on the meds! she says OH Well!! DO not use this company!!!

mikee72
3/14/17

Recently one of my dogs heart medications became very difficult to find locally. After looking all day for somewhere nearby that has the medication my vet recommended california pet pharmacy. I'll admit I was skeptical considering how cheap they were compared to other pharmacies but they were able to get me the medications I needed when others had failed! Shipping was fast as well!

zachm8
3/13/17

I always order at least a week in advance and have never had an issue getting my medications in time.

nealg16
3/7/17

They misrepresent the over the counter products. They would not exchange for the requested item. They charged 20% and returned shipping. The company is a rip off, think twice.

bruceb117
3/2/17

This site is great! Easy to use and very affordable prices! Will be coming back for more meds in the future!

phyllisw14
3/1/17

CPP has always come through for my dog's prescriptions with great prices, immediate communication with my vet, and fast delivery. Thanks CA Pet Pharmacy!

danielm309
2/27/17

I used to always forget to get my dogs medicine every month, and would have to pay extra from the vet. But now California Pets sends it every month right on time without me having to worry about it!

debm43
2/25/17

When the vet told me my poor Hercules had problems with his heart and would have to start on medication I wasn't sure how I was going to pay for it. Luckily, california pet was able to get me the same medications but for way less than what the Dr. Stillings office was asking for! Without such low prices I'm not sure if I would have been able to afford his medication for very long.

jeanetteu1
2/24/17

California pet pharmacy has been the best! My dog sky has a serious heart condition and needs to be on his medication! I was having trouble finding them because my vet was selling them to me way to expensive. I found California pet pharmacy and they have great affordable prices for someone on a budget like myself. I told them my situation and how I need sky's medication asap and if they could do their best to get them to me as soon as possible and how I was running out of time. They were able to get my medication shipped out to me the next day! Definitely sticking with them!

megans74
2/24/17

I recently placed an order online with California Pet Pharmacy for the Heartgard Plus in the 51-100lb. weight range. Later that day a customer service rep gave me a call just to verify I was ordering the correct size since my pet is only 40lbs. and I ended up modifying my order to the lower range. They saved me the hassle of my vet declining the prescription! My order shipped within the next 2 days and received it shortly after! Very pleased with their customer service! Will be back again!

cherylb102
2/24/17

I used California Pet Pharmacy for the first time this month and was not disappointed! My order shipped out the next day and it took 7 business days to receive in the mail. If I ever need anything for my pet I will definitely order from here again!

johnnys50
2/23/17

I placed a order today and the representative I spoke with was so helpful. I am truly amazed with how great their customer services is .
Thanks CPP!

erasmos
2/20/17

Made my very first order with CPP last week and my dogs very important heart medication just arrived, which was great since there has been a shortage everywhere else! It was quick and easy, just provided my vet information and they took care of getting it approved and sent out the very same day. I will definitely be ordering from CPP again!!!

lorib93
2/2/17

I've been ordering my dog's medication from CPP for over a year now and I could not be more pleased. They've always been quick to send my order and when I've called customer service they were very helpful. The prices are way less than what I would pay from the vet and for someone on a limited budget that's very important.

same173
1/31/17

I've ordered several meds over the past couple of years with no problems; good delivery time, etc. I've been waiting for 2 weeks for my latest order, only to be told when I called CPP that the item is backordered. Has been unavailable all this time and they never bothered to email me so I could try to get it elsewhere. I see from other reviews that this behavior is not unusual.

The last email I got from the CPP was thanked for the order and included a link to check the status of the shipment. The status still says they are waiting on the vet's approval, although, when I called CPP a week ago, I was told the approval had been obtained from the vet and the order would probably ship "tomorrow'. That was a week ago. When it was apparently not in stock all the time.

kylaa4
12/28/16

I have never been treated so terribly before them! My rabbit has severe arthritis in her hips and takes metacam. I called September 30th to ask to have her medicine sent every other month and to automatically take the money. It's December 29th and no medicine. I called the girl was son beyond rude to me and kept putting me on 10 minute holds. She said I called and cancelled and they claim they called to verify. I called them out on their bull$#*! and Said that was not the case and that I wanted free overnight shipping she again placed me on a 10 minute hold said her manager wouldn't do that and that I'll get the standard shipping and still have to pay. I asked for the manager at this point and again another 10 minute wait. The manager Dorothy Sneider would not get on the phone with me to fix their mistakes so I said you go play my recordings you claim you have. They said they would and call me back they never called back and I cancelled my
Order completely and I'm taking my business elsewhere. Even that they put me on a 10 minute hold. The girl I spoke to this time was a nasty $#*! too and snapped at me a few times. Take your business elsewhere they are shady!!!!

johnt350
11/17/16

I placed an order on Oct 31, charge card was charged shortly thereafter. On Nov 7, I received a tracking number that, as of today, 11/17/2016 STILL shows as "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item"

They have ignored THREE emails requesting information on my purchase.

AVOID THIS SCAM WEBSITE!!!

Tip for consumers: Use a reputable vendor instead!

tambriab
11/7/16

If I could give a 1/2 or a 0 star I would. I requested that they call instead of fax, as my vet does not have a fax. Two months in a row they faxed instead of calling. If this needed medication was for a non threating medical condition I would say ok due to their prices. But my dog has Congestive Heart Failure and cannot be without his medication more than 24 hrs, he could die. They mess up, 2 months in a row, and want me to pay the rush fee. The savings is not worth the life of my dog. Terrible customer service.

melissaw70
10/20/16

I placed a order on October 3rd and paid for the 2-4 day shipment and have still not received the order. I have called several times and was not able to get anyone so I left a message. I still haven't heard back from them so I sent a email and still nothing... I will not be ordering from them again.

deep333
10/19/16

There seems to be a shortage of Quellin, which my dog needs for arthritis. Advertised on the front page of California Pet Pharmacy's web site with no indication that there's any shortage, I happily order on Oct. 1st. On Oct. 1oth I get an email (not a phone call after ten days, but an email) that, gee whiz, they're out (although STILL advertised on front page of their site). Well I'm upset., silly me, but I don't want my dog in pain. On the 11th of Oct. I replied with the replacement medicine I wanted (of the options they'd given) and asked that it be sent as soon as humanly possile and commented on what TERRIBLE customer service they had! On Oct. 16th I wrote and asked if it was on the way! The reply I got on the 17th astounded me. They acted as though my reply to their initial email never existed and asked if they could make a substitution. Now my poor, 13 year old dog is out of medicine. I called twice with the hold time on the first call actually running my phone out of minutes. When I explained the situation and how upset I was, the woman I was speaking to actually laughed. Now...19 days later, I'm still waiting. No frickin' way EVER again!

14 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the California Pet Pharmacy staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 3/10/17
on 6/8/16
on 6/7/16
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the California Pet Pharmacy staff and other customers.

California Pet Pharmacy?