California Pet Pharmacy reviews

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

mikee72
3/14/17

Recently one of my dogs heart medications became very difficult to find locally. After looking all day for somewhere nearby that has the medication my vet recommended california pet pharmacy. I'll admit I was skeptical considering how cheap they were compared to other pharmacies but they were able to get me the medications I needed when others had failed! Shipping was fast as well!

zachm8
3/13/17

I always order at least a week in advance and have never had an issue getting my medications in time.

nealg16
3/7/17

They misrepresent the over the counter products. They would not exchange for the requested item. They charged 20% and returned shipping. The company is a rip off, think twice.

bruceb117
3/2/17

This site is great! Easy to use and very affordable prices! Will be coming back for more meds in the future!

phyllisw14
3/1/17

CPP has always come through for my dog's prescriptions with great prices, immediate communication with my vet, and fast delivery. Thanks CA Pet Pharmacy!

danielm309
2/27/17

I used to always forget to get my dogs medicine every month, and would have to pay extra from the vet. But now California Pets sends it every month right on time without me having to worry about it!

debm43
2/25/17

When the vet told me my poor Hercules had problems with his heart and would have to start on medication I wasn't sure how I was going to pay for it. Luckily, california pet was able to get me the same medications but for way less than what the Dr. Stillings office was asking for! Without such low prices I'm not sure if I would have been able to afford his medication for very long.

jeanetteu1
2/24/17

California pet pharmacy has been the best! My dog sky has a serious heart condition and needs to be on his medication! I was having trouble finding them because my vet was selling them to me way to expensive. I found California pet pharmacy and they have great affordable prices for someone on a budget like myself. I told them my situation and how I need sky's medication asap and if they could do their best to get them to me as soon as possible and how I was running out of time. They were able to get my medication shipped out to me the next day! Definitely sticking with them!

megans74
2/24/17

I recently placed an order online with California Pet Pharmacy for the Heartgard Plus in the 51-100lb. weight range. Later that day a customer service rep gave me a call just to verify I was ordering the correct size since my pet is only 40lbs. and I ended up modifying my order to the lower range. They saved me the hassle of my vet declining the prescription! My order shipped within the next 2 days and received it shortly after! Very pleased with their customer service! Will be back again!

cherylb102
2/24/17

I used California Pet Pharmacy for the first time this month and was not disappointed! My order shipped out the next day and it took 7 business days to receive in the mail. If I ever need anything for my pet I will definitely order from here again!

johnnys50
2/23/17

I placed a order today and the representative I spoke with was so helpful. I am truly amazed with how great their customer services is .
Thanks CPP!

erasmos
2/20/17

Made my very first order with CPP last week and my dogs very important heart medication just arrived, which was great since there has been a shortage everywhere else! It was quick and easy, just provided my vet information and they took care of getting it approved and sent out the very same day. I will definitely be ordering from CPP again!!!

lorib93
2/2/17

I've been ordering my dog's medication from CPP for over a year now and I could not be more pleased. They've always been quick to send my order and when I've called customer service they were very helpful. The prices are way less than what I would pay from the vet and for someone on a limited budget that's very important.

same173
1/31/17

I've ordered several meds over the past couple of years with no problems; good delivery time, etc. I've been waiting for 2 weeks for my latest order, only to be told when I called CPP that the item is backordered. Has been unavailable all this time and they never bothered to email me so I could try to get it elsewhere. I see from other reviews that this behavior is not unusual.

The last email I got from the CPP was thanked for the order and included a link to check the status of the shipment. The status still says they are waiting on the vet's approval, although, when I called CPP a week ago, I was told the approval had been obtained from the vet and the order would probably ship "tomorrow'. That was a week ago. When it was apparently not in stock all the time.

kylaa4
12/28/16

I have never been treated so terribly before them! My rabbit has severe arthritis in her hips and takes metacam. I called September 30th to ask to have her medicine sent every other month and to automatically take the money. It's December 29th and no medicine. I called the girl was son beyond rude to me and kept putting me on 10 minute holds. She said I called and cancelled and they claim they called to verify. I called them out on their bull$#*! and Said that was not the case and that I wanted free overnight shipping she again placed me on a 10 minute hold said her manager wouldn't do that and that I'll get the standard shipping and still have to pay. I asked for the manager at this point and again another 10 minute wait. The manager Dorothy Sneider would not get on the phone with me to fix their mistakes so I said you go play my recordings you claim you have. They said they would and call me back they never called back and I cancelled my
Order completely and I'm taking my business elsewhere. Even that they put me on a 10 minute hold. The girl I spoke to this time was a nasty $#*! too and snapped at me a few times. Take your business elsewhere they are shady!!!!

johnt350
11/17/16

I placed an order on Oct 31, charge card was charged shortly thereafter. On Nov 7, I received a tracking number that, as of today, 11/17/2016 STILL shows as "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item"

They have ignored THREE emails requesting information on my purchase.

AVOID THIS SCAM WEBSITE!!!

Tip for consumers: Use a reputable vendor instead!

tambriab
11/7/16

If I could give a 1/2 or a 0 star I would. I requested that they call instead of fax, as my vet does not have a fax. Two months in a row they faxed instead of calling. If this needed medication was for a non threating medical condition I would say ok due to their prices. But my dog has Congestive Heart Failure and cannot be without his medication more than 24 hrs, he could die. They mess up, 2 months in a row, and want me to pay the rush fee. The savings is not worth the life of my dog. Terrible customer service.

melissaw70
10/20/16

I placed a order on October 3rd and paid for the 2-4 day shipment and have still not received the order. I have called several times and was not able to get anyone so I left a message. I still haven't heard back from them so I sent a email and still nothing... I will not be ordering from them again.

deep333
10/19/16

There seems to be a shortage of Quellin, which my dog needs for arthritis. Advertised on the front page of California Pet Pharmacy's web site with no indication that there's any shortage, I happily order on Oct. 1st. On Oct. 1oth I get an email (not a phone call after ten days, but an email) that, gee whiz, they're out (although STILL advertised on front page of their site). Well I'm upset., silly me, but I don't want my dog in pain. On the 11th of Oct. I replied with the replacement medicine I wanted (of the options they'd given) and asked that it be sent as soon as humanly possile and commented on what TERRIBLE customer service they had! On Oct. 16th I wrote and asked if it was on the way! The reply I got on the 17th astounded me. They acted as though my reply to their initial email never existed and asked if they could make a substitution. Now my poor, 13 year old dog is out of medicine. I called twice with the hold time on the first call actually running my phone out of minutes. When I explained the situation and how upset I was, the woman I was speaking to actually laughed. Now...19 days later, I'm still waiting. No frickin' way EVER again!

catherinem59
9/26/16

California Pet Pharmacy is by far the worst company I have ever had to deal with.
I ordered a medication that was sent to me in a closed sealed plastic vial that acted as an oven and totally subjected the medication to extreme high temperatures rendering the medication defective. They did not want to issue me a refund blaming me for the high temperatures when they are the ones that chose to mail the medication in such a ridiculous, dumb manner. I have been back and forth with them with no results. I threatened them with contacting the B.B.B and leaving negative reviews online and they did not care one way or the other. They need to get out of business.

elizabethd85
9/19/16

where is my order??????????????ORDERED 9/7 TODAY IS 9/19

vickiew16
8/20/16

I recently placed an order with California Pet Pharmacy. Actually it was 8 days ago. I still have not received the meds and I explained to the girl who took my order that my dog had to have her heart meds refilled and delivered within 6 days. She suggested that I pay for expedited shipping and I did..still no meds! It's the weekend and I have to go to an emergency vet and pay big bucks. NEVER WILL I ORDER FROM HERE AGAIN!

jannyp
8/4/16

we had an order with refills. the company said we needed a new perscription. They asked for the wrong drug. We talked to the vet who said that this med would cause problems. so we asked to send back the wrong meds. they said yes. we sent the drugs back...now we have to order the amount that we paid to get credit. they said they would give us55% of total. obviously we were not going to do any better. we folded...but do not use them they are cheats

susans240
7/14/16

Beware! This company shipped meds my vet refused to authorize!!

I ordered three prescription products and provided my vet contact information. After receiving the products (later than expected), I phoned my vet to follow up on what to look for should my dog have a reaction to the new medication. To my horror, I was informed that my vet had NOT authorized California Pet a Pharmacy (CPP) to dispense this product. 2 of the 3 prescription-only items were approved, but one was NOT. I might very well have used the product on my dog after receiving it, believing it must have been approvedluckily, I made that extra call, and my vet instructed me NOT to use the product. When I contacted CPP, they told me they had "verbal authorization" from the vet tech. They provided her name and the date/time of the call, but have NO PROOF of the authorization my vet's office denies providing. Authorization was given for the other 2 products, only! This could have become a dangerous situation. I expected CPP to apologize for their negligent act; instead, they continue to insist there was vet authorization, even though my vet denies that.

terrig23
6/8/16

I paid for 24 Hartgard Chewables (4 boxes of 6) and received only 20 Hartgard Chewables:
(2 boxes of 6, and 2 boxes that had been previously opened and hand annotated as '4' with 4 each).
I sent photos of the boxes, description of the issue, original order, and customer service is behaving as though I am a scam artist - because I am asking for the addition of the additional four (4) chewables.
Quality Control, Customer Service, and Resolution are sorely lacking.

12 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the California Pet Pharmacy staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question