US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

erasmos
2/20/17

Made my very first order with CPP last week and my dogs very important heart medication just arrived, which was great since there has been a shortage everywhere else! It was quick and easy, just provided my vet information and they took care of getting it approved and sent out the very same day. I will definitely be ordering from CPP again!!!

lorib93
2/2/17

I've been ordering my dog's medication from CPP for over a year now and I could not be more pleased. They've always been quick to send my order and when I've called customer service they were very helpful. The prices are way less than what I would pay from the vet and for someone on a limited budget that's very important.

same173
1/31/17

I've ordered several meds over the past couple of years with no problems; good delivery time, etc. I've been waiting for 2 weeks for my latest order, only to be told when I called CPP that the item is backordered. Has been unavailable all this time and they never bothered to email me so I could try to get it elsewhere. I see from other reviews that this behavior is not unusual.

The last email I got from the CPP was thanked for the order and included a link to check the status of the shipment. The status still says they are waiting on the vet's approval, although, when I called CPP a week ago, I was told the approval had been obtained from the vet and the order would probably ship "tomorrow'. That was a week ago. When it was apparently not in stock all the time.

kylaa4
12/28/16

I have never been treated so terribly before them! My rabbit has severe arthritis in her hips and takes metacam. I called September 30th to ask to have her medicine sent every other month and to automatically take the money. It's December 29th and no medicine. I called the girl was son beyond rude to me and kept putting me on 10 minute holds. She said I called and cancelled and they claim they called to verify. I called them out on their bull$#*! and Said that was not the case and that I wanted free overnight shipping she again placed me on a 10 minute hold said her manager wouldn't do that and that I'll get the standard shipping and still have to pay. I asked for the manager at this point and again another 10 minute wait. The manager Dorothy Sneider would not get on the phone with me to fix their mistakes so I said you go play my recordings you claim you have. They said they would and call me back they never called back and I cancelled my
Order completely and I'm taking my business elsewhere. Even that they put me on a 10 minute hold. The girl I spoke to this time was a nasty $#*! too and snapped at me a few times. Take your business elsewhere they are shady!!!!

johnt350
11/17/16

I placed an order on Oct 31, charge card was charged shortly thereafter. On Nov 7, I received a tracking number that, as of today, 11/17/2016 STILL shows as "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item"

They have ignored THREE emails requesting information on my purchase.

AVOID THIS SCAM WEBSITE!!!

Tip for consumers: Use a reputable vendor instead!

tambriab
11/7/16

If I could give a 1/2 or a 0 star I would. I requested that they call instead of fax, as my vet does not have a fax. Two months in a row they faxed instead of calling. If this needed medication was for a non threating medical condition I would say ok due to their prices. But my dog has Congestive Heart Failure and cannot be without his medication more than 24 hrs, he could die. They mess up, 2 months in a row, and want me to pay the rush fee. The savings is not worth the life of my dog. Terrible customer service.

melissaw70
10/20/16

I placed a order on October 3rd and paid for the 2-4 day shipment and have still not received the order. I have called several times and was not able to get anyone so I left a message. I still haven't heard back from them so I sent a email and still nothing... I will not be ordering from them again.

deep333
10/19/16

There seems to be a shortage of Quellin, which my dog needs for arthritis. Advertised on the front page of California Pet Pharmacy's web site with no indication that there's any shortage, I happily order on Oct. 1st. On Oct. 1oth I get an email (not a phone call after ten days, but an email) that, gee whiz, they're out (although STILL advertised on front page of their site). Well I'm upset., silly me, but I don't want my dog in pain. On the 11th of Oct. I replied with the replacement medicine I wanted (of the options they'd given) and asked that it be sent as soon as humanly possile and commented on what TERRIBLE customer service they had! On Oct. 16th I wrote and asked if it was on the way! The reply I got on the 17th astounded me. They acted as though my reply to their initial email never existed and asked if they could make a substitution. Now my poor, 13 year old dog is out of medicine. I called twice with the hold time on the first call actually running my phone out of minutes. When I explained the situation and how upset I was, the woman I was speaking to actually laughed. Now...19 days later, I'm still waiting. No frickin' way EVER again!

catherinem59
9/26/16

California Pet Pharmacy is by far the worst company I have ever had to deal with.
I ordered a medication that was sent to me in a closed sealed plastic vial that acted as an oven and totally subjected the medication to extreme high temperatures rendering the medication defective. They did not want to issue me a refund blaming me for the high temperatures when they are the ones that chose to mail the medication in such a ridiculous, dumb manner. I have been back and forth with them with no results. I threatened them with contacting the B.B.B and leaving negative reviews online and they did not care one way or the other. They need to get out of business.

elizabethd85
9/19/16

where is my order??????????????ORDERED 9/7 TODAY IS 9/19

vickiew16
8/20/16

I recently placed an order with California Pet Pharmacy. Actually it was 8 days ago. I still have not received the meds and I explained to the girl who took my order that my dog had to have her heart meds refilled and delivered within 6 days. She suggested that I pay for expedited shipping and I did..still no meds! It's the weekend and I have to go to an emergency vet and pay big bucks. NEVER WILL I ORDER FROM HERE AGAIN!

jannyp
8/4/16

we had an order with refills. the company said we needed a new perscription. They asked for the wrong drug. We talked to the vet who said that this med would cause problems. so we asked to send back the wrong meds. they said yes. we sent the drugs back...now we have to order the amount that we paid to get credit. they said they would give us55% of total. obviously we were not going to do any better. we folded...but do not use them they are cheats

susans240
7/14/16

Beware! This company shipped meds my vet refused to authorize!!

I ordered three prescription products and provided my vet contact information. After receiving the products (later than expected), I phoned my vet to follow up on what to look for should my dog have a reaction to the new medication. To my horror, I was informed that my vet had NOT authorized California Pet a Pharmacy (CPP) to dispense this product. 2 of the 3 prescription-only items were approved, but one was NOT. I might very well have used the product on my dog after receiving it, believing it must have been approvedluckily, I made that extra call, and my vet instructed me NOT to use the product. When I contacted CPP, they told me they had "verbal authorization" from the vet tech. They provided her name and the date/time of the call, but have NO PROOF of the authorization my vet's office denies providing. Authorization was given for the other 2 products, only! This could have become a dangerous situation. I expected CPP to apologize for their negligent act; instead, they continue to insist there was vet authorization, even though my vet denies that.

terrig23
6/8/16

I paid for 24 Hartgard Chewables (4 boxes of 6) and received only 20 Hartgard Chewables:
(2 boxes of 6, and 2 boxes that had been previously opened and hand annotated as '4' with 4 each).
I sent photos of the boxes, description of the issue, original order, and customer service is behaving as though I am a scam artist - because I am asking for the addition of the additional four (4) chewables.
Quality Control, Customer Service, and Resolution are sorely lacking.

billj74
5/27/16

If i could give 0 stars I would-order not shipped and its been 2 weeks since order placed. Customer Service is pathetic- more interested in covering own butt than actually helping customer. Avoid at all costs!

luisar4
5/9/16

So I must say I was absolutely terrified of actually ordering from CPP due to the awful reviews I read. I was limited on options and I would give them a shot. I had to order Zonisamide for my 15 year old chihuahua that has seizures. from the time I placed the order, to CPP contacting my vet, to me receiving the medication in the mail, it took a total of 4 days. the medication was perfectly packaged and everything looks accurate. I'm very happy with them! good job CPP!

cheriet3
2/25/16

Maybe something has changed, but I am very happy with California Pet Pharmacy.
The customer service was Excellent! They checked the expiration dates at my request and shipped same day. I received my order in just two days, everything was right including the price. Thank you!!

karenm187
2/18/16

Ordered Droncit for stray cats. Web site showed a bottle of 50 pills. Said 23 mg per pill. Called to ask why I only got one pill and was told it clearly stated 1 pill on site. When I told her what it said I was told that I was the only person to ever not understand that. Didn't offer to send the right amount with free shipping or offer a discount. Just acted like I was stupid.

gales21
2/6/16

My vet calls in prescription for my dog. This company was on the phone calling me for me to complete this order ASAP. I shipped expedite shipping 2-4 days it's been 8 days and I live 4 hrs away from them. I get every excuse why my pet medicine has not arrive. I told this company my dog needs these Medicine or she will die, they said nothing. Saving a few pennies is not worth it. Run fast get off their site and order with another pet Pharmancy . They don't care about you and less about your pet.

teresaq1
1/16/16

Deceptive practices. Ordered Preventic 18" (PTIC18) collar. Product information on website features 2-pack photo. Regular price reflective of standard national pricing for 2-pack, sale price made it a good deal. Received one collar. No where on product description or invoice does it state "single", "1-pack", etc. Wrote customer service 3x and they refused to credit price difference of product received vs advertised. Said they considered the order filled, if I was unhappy I could return, at my expense, plus a 20% restocking fee. They noted if I was confused I should have called to clarify, that photo featured is a "default/stock" photo. Never again. Filing complaint with BBB and protesting with my cc.

Received phone call from California Pet Pharmacy less than a week after submitting my BBB complaint. After 3 attempts to resolve on my own, it's disappointing my issue had to escalate to a BBB filing in order to garner their serious attention. However, they ultimately credited my account in full for the amount in question and corrected the information on their website so others don't experience the same issue. Glad to put this conflict to rest.

tracyw53
12/5/15

I paid extra for expedited shipping to get my doggies medicine faster. It took over 3 weeks to get it to me. They put the incorrect postage on the package. USPS claimed to have sent it back to company and I was told I would not get a refund due to it being a prescribed medication. This was all their fault yet seemed fine with not making sure their customer got what they ordered. Shame Shame Shame

maryt101
12/1/15

I ordered the popular antibiotic Baytril from this company because of the great price. I asked for the flavored tabs like I do at my regular pharmacy every time. After almost ten days, I was told that I would have to take the regular tabs, which are more expensive at this pharmacy, but the same price at others. I said okay, and several days later got a call that they were out of stock. Then another call saying they had only one bottle, not the two that I ordered. It finally arrived nearly three weeks after I sent my order, and since the single bottle was under $100, they charged $8 extra in shipping.

Don't use this pet pharmacy!

stephaniec19
6/4/15

They are very disorganized. I placed an order on May 28th and when I heard nothing by June 4th, I had to call them and the very nice but not well informed rep said they would look into it. Then we get a call with no message other than to call back. I do call back and get Irene and I am told they dont know why they called me. I asked if they got in touch with my vet and they didnt know. She said she would call me back "in about an hour or two". So I had my vet call them at this point to move it along since nothing was happening. Irene calls me back (within the two hours) and says its all set and being shipped out today. That was Monday June 4th. I said when will it get here now? She said I think Friday. I said since this was a huge hassle and confusion it really should be sent overnight. She said she would check with management. Then I had to prompt them on Tuesday June 5th because guess what...it wasn't mailed yet. A label was then created on Tuesday however the shipment was not sent overnight and now we are looking at a Saturday delivery which means it went out on Wednesday. Very disorganized and frankly they don't care or take ownership. There are plenty of pharmacies I can use and will do so in the future.

maryannz
5/15/15

DO NOT EVER USE ***CALIFORNIA PET PHARMACY***!!!!!!!!!
They claimed I would have my Revolution in 3 to 7 days and now after 9 days they are giving me the run around and cannot even tell me when my meds will arrive for the boys.
This is terribly sad as my boys are scratching like crazy because they need their Revolution.
I want to cry as now they have my money for the meds and I cannot get any answers as to when it will arrive.
Miss Jessica Smith of customer service offered me a $3 credit for my trouble.........$3!! I mean seriously?! My order was $113!!!!!!!!
I told her I would be spreading the word on how horrible their company is and how their customer service and their practice was misleading and just plain wrong. THEY TOLD ME THEY SCREWED UP and then later tried to make something up saying the med was on backorder.
They waited two extra days to process the order which was NOT according to what they say they do.
Once the rx is approved (which it was on the 6th and my money taken as well......) then it has to go through some process she couldn't even explain to me for 24 to 72 hours.....then they send it USPS 3 to 7 days........I should have had it by now and I do not.
I explained I would be calling the Better Business Bureau on them and would be spreading the word on their sad and unprofessional approach to business.
PLEASE SHARE , DO NOT USE CALIFORNIA PET PHARMACY!!!!!!!!

larrym53
2/13/15

In Oct., 2014, my horse contracted EPM. The required medication was life-saving and very expensive. Since CCP's prices were more reasonable, I ordered the first month's supply of 4 syringes for $755. The box arrived with only 2 syringes. As I was out of the country, I did not contact them until 2 weeks later. They have repeatedly used this as an excuse not to credit my account for half of the cost for the first month. They have also continued to say that the shipping weight of the box was 2 lbs, which it was, but which was correct for only for the 2 syringes received. They have disregarded all of my attempts to explain the discrepencies in shipping weight between 2 syringes and the 4 syringes that had been ordered and paid for. I have disputed this charge with Discover card, who also took no effort to investigate the shipping discrepencies , and sided with the company. Their customer service is very poor and I will not use them again. My next step is to write to the company CEO, though I have been unable thus far to find that name. If anyone has it or can suggest how to find it, please let me know. Linda C. Martin

11 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the California Pet Pharmacy staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question