US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jackw123
12/28/16

I ordered 2 of the same prints as Christmas presents and one was perfect and the other had a huge smudge mark across the person's face. I tried contacting Best Canvas several times (I'm on #9 as I write this), and they either cut off the call, or leave you on hold forever and then cut you off. I tried emailing them at the contact info on their site and no reply.

mikec265
12/20/16

Just cheap not worth the bother they made no effort to create enough contrast.

barbaran56
12/9/16

Cheap and flimsy. Ripped me off. box was un taped. Loose. Not on center and blurry. Site said photo was ok. Never saw my late Son look so bad. Lied about tracking # too.

petrab10
11/19/16

I ordered the picture puzzles through LivingSocial
Despicable quality First of all it looks nothing like the picture Second when I try to separate the pieces lot of the picture just peel support
Not really a good deal either First you pay on LivingSocial for the puzzle Then you still had to pay for shipping I had to pay separately for eight pieces what a rip off

leec65
11/7/16

I purchased 2 puzzles, with Living Social coupons, and they arrived today. They are not worth the money I spent. The puzzles are thin and come in a plastic sleeve/bag. Not sure we will be giving these as gifts.
I would not recommend anyone spending their money on a puzzle sold by this company.
Disappointed to say the least.

sk473
11/3/16

The prints of canvases are beautiful, timely delivery (super impressed with how fast shipment was delivered) and the packaging was great. Totally worth it as these are life long investment so the quality matters. I was nervous with the purchase initially due to some of the negative reviews but took the risk to buy them. Will recommend and buy again.

stefaniel4
10/12/16

Dont WASTE your time and money on this printing site. I ordered a very simple small monogram with a white background. The printing job was TERRIBLE, you can tell they use a cheap laser printer bc of the quality of the printing and there was sooooo much double printing where you can tell tell the material may have moved or slipped (very common in laser printing on thick material) so all my text has a red outline. Also the stretch of the canvas onto the frame was weak, looks like they just folded it over and stapled it. Which may have contributed to the black printed sides being uneven and showing on the canvas front. Horrible Job, I requested a refund but have yet to hear back. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Just terrible.

Tip for consumers: Dont waste your money

janicet32
10/5/16

I purchased 2 picture puzzles for my nephews and they came in a plastic sleeve in the envelope. There was no backing at all. When I removed them from the sleeve, they fell apart in my hand. I've never seen a puzzle without a cardboard surface on which to place a puzzle while putting it together.
No more ordering from this site.

fredrikb2
9/27/16

I just had a lot of high quality pictures printed on canvas by Bestcanvas.
My camera has a full frame sensor and great optics (Sony RX1) that produces sharp pictures with beautiful colors.

All the prints from Bestcanvas appeared washed out (low saturation) and blurry. I was really disappointed.
Will never order from them again. No matter how cheap it is, it is not something you would want to hang on any wall.

terrim48
9/16/16

Picture had flaws in it and a reordered again. Same issue again. They said my original picture had black dots on it. My original picture was just perfect. They ones they sent me had random black dots on children's heads. They would not give me my money back since I used a Groupon code. Their customer service sucks. Will not use them again!

lo9893
9/10/16

Just received and ended up throwing away a picture puzzle. It was impossible to separate the puzzle pieces without damaging them. The puzzle was too thin that it tore apart. Beware this is pure junk.

alisonj11
8/31/16

I am speechless. I ordered a framed canvas print. It came in crooked. They told me to place heavy books on it so I could straighten it. What the what? Never heard of such a thing. I have ordered frames over the years and never ever had an issue. They said they would reprint and resend. No. Not going to do that in hopes it comes in straight. Will never order from this co again. Canvas on Demand is the best by far and should have stayed with them. I will dispute my order with my bank until I get refunded.

alieb
7/25/16

lost in shipping two big canvasses, were never recoverd

annab231
7/19/16

I was skeptical at first about ordering anything from this site since the prices were almost too good to be true, but I gave them a whirl and I was not disappointed. I got a variety of sizes with the 1.5 inch framing (no floating frames). The biggest I got was 30 x 20 inches and the quality of the print on the canvas was excellent - I had been worried that it was going to look faded or pixalated but it turned out amazing. The canvases arrived with UPS in about a week after I ordered them. Overall, I will be using this site again in the near future for more canvases!

marym355
6/27/16

Made the mistake of buying multiple vouchers from Groupon from this so-called art company.
After reading all the hype on their website, Museum quality work, best frames ever in the whole world !!
If you're not happy we will replace it.
Wow how could you go wrong! On their site a 60 x 40" canvas supposedly retails for $560 Groupon $59.99 plus shipping this sounds too good to be true! Well again I read what they said and I needed art for a new house I had purchased a lot of empty walls and this was a lot less expensive and I get to choose what I want on the canvas, how better can it get. Order for right off the bat of the 60 x 40 only to find out because their vouchers each one had to be a single order with separate shipping, still a deal.
How do they get them out in 24 hours while I need building frame stretching canvas they must have crews working around the clock I said to myself.
Eight days later two large cartons arrive. And I ordered four, or have to will be here tomorrow.
My mistake when the boxes were open to work in the same box face-to-face separated only by A very thin layer of bubble wrap. When I took them out the first thing I noticed at the bubble wrap came off was the entire outline of the woodframe wasn't getting dente A very thin layer of bubble wrap. When I took them out the first thing I noticed at the bubble wrap came off was the entire outline of the wood frame was ordering the caN as, huh so I ran my finger over it on the field the impression was seared into the canvas.. Followed by the center crossbar which is a much wider thick piece of wood which goes across the entire center of the canvas was there as well going right through the faces of the image.
Oh no this can't be as I sell this huge thing in my hands I noticed the center of the top was caving in I turned around and the frame is cracked. I stuck it on the wall just to stand back and gaze at what I was seeing only to be surprised by the next thing to go wrong it doesn't sit flush against the wall! 3n do but not four.
Turns out three of the four are the same way when I reported it it took forever to get a reply and the reply was and what I anticipated it was going to say. They didn't want to replace it because it was from Groupon! Well this wasn't going to sit with me. After a lot of investigating I find out the company is in Germany they got a phone depot in a rush rush work center in Florida. I took the frame and the canvas to a local college only to find out their world best friends are prefab of the lowest quality wood.
I'm not even going to go into the blemishes and markings in the canvas that would be another whole chapter. Make the story come to an end I still have this junk back in its box it's in my garage I'm writing and every review site possible to warn people you don't always get what you are guaranteed. Lies and deceit ! When a company have to have the right ploys all youth fictitious names male or female using the same name over and over the kind a give you an indication something else besides their personal identity of who you're talking to is being hidden.
This happened three months ago and I'm still battling this company and is probably mistakes here but I'm so darn frustrated I'm just spitting it out as it comes back to my mind. Let me end on this , in my campaign to warn people I forget to tell my sister the entire story. My birthday was last weekend and to my surprise a very similar looking large cardboard carton arrived Could it be a replacement it would be way more than one carton as it was open I see unfamiliar prints but soon after I'm seeing very familiar broken frames. Turns out my sister ordered two for my birthday. Now isn't that a kick in by if you could post photos here I could fill up five pages broken frames and so just be careful this company should not even be allowed to represent themselves as they do.

janets82
6/24/16

Customer Service is horrendous. What initially started as a great start with customer service quickly turned into opposite. I purchased groupons for a canvas with floating frames. Both canvas' were received without a frame. The first canvas they said they would send the correct product- mind you this was after constant calls during business hours to which an automated system would pick up and after 3 min on hold literally every time it would hang up. When you email- it takes days before they respond. The second canvas I was told to cut up the canvas, take pictures of it, and then send back to them. Then they would reissue the groupon to have me start the process all over again. The customer service representative handling the second canvas, Liz Rogers, initially told me I did not order a floating frame, I ordered a wooden frame- either way the canvas can without a frame and I had already provided pictures of the canvas showing no frame was received. As if that was not bad enough, the pictures were not even aligned the way I had set them and I was not impressed with the quality of the canvas at all.

Do NOT order from this company EVER!!

janeb92
6/22/16

I ordered a picture puzzle through Living Social from Best Canvas. What a piece of junk! The pieces aren't even cut all the way through, and it's on a thin piece of cardboard that came warped. I made a complaint to LivingSocial but was told I had no recourse. Really? I'm stuck with this! Stay Away from this company!

rf39
2/12/16

Just a horrible company to have to deal with.
I received my phone case however it did not fit my phone properly. Their standard turn-around time is 3 days between emails. It took almost 6 weeks from the time I first emailed letting them know their error until I recieved a new phone case...which was very poor quality and IT DID NOT FIT AGAIN.
I would never recommend this company to any or have anything positive to say about them.

loisi
2/2/16

I received the two prints I ordered yesterday: one large and one small. Both are blurry, and the top of my head is cut off. Nothing like the headshot I sent in.

andreal41
1/27/16

I had a photo made on canvas and it turned out horrible. No professionalism whatsoever. I would never even consider putting it up on my wall.

roberts327
12/4/15

I had ordered (2) 40 x 20 & (2) 24 x 12 Panoramic Format Canvases as tests for Quality & Service from bestcanvas.ca. The Quality of Printing the Canvas was actually excellent, although the finishing was below average for quality.
A few marks are present on each of all the Canvases, on the 40 x 20 Canvases, the Frames are warped. (See Photo, the bottom of the frame is not flush with the wall as the top of the frame is)
It took over 3 WEEKS for delivery via UPS to Canada.
The 2 Stars are for the Printing, nothing else!

Tip for consumers: When the price is right, no hurry & do not mind a few defects..... then it's worth the price.

danielleh31
11/20/15

Product came in with extra heads, hands etc ont he border of the canvas after emails back in forth they still have not resolved or sent me a corrected replacement canvas. This is a waste of money do not buy with them.

kathyd26
11/8/15

A rating of 1 is too high. My product was delivered flawed. After a dozen emails back and forth, there's still no resolution. They claim that the pics I sent showing the flaws don't attach to my emails. It's absolutely ridiculous to waste any time or money on a company like this. I know thay they can see the problem but prefer to ignore it.

mem88
11/7/15

I wasted my money. It is garbage!!!!!!

sarahh122
7/6/15

I received my products within reasonable time and they look decent. I have yet to really enjoy them as I have been trying to hunt down some sign of customer service. Among my items was another person's order, and I have been trying to inform BestCanvas of this. I tried the phone number on their site (847.621.2781), no response and the line just disconnected after two minutes of waiting. Then, I tried chatting online with them, which I was referred to "Martha". Martha is apparently a screen name for anyone talking with you as the representative told me that they had changed to a new person twice. I then was given a new number (844.380.3415), which gave me the same situation as before, I was disconnected. Then, "Martha" referred me to an email info@bestcanvas.com and told me to destroy the merchandise. I concluded that the original recipient may never get in touch with them to inquire about their missing order, so I shipped their package to them directly. Terrible company, in my opinion. You pay what you get for and customer service should come hand in hand with a solid product.

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BestCanvas staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 11/18/16
Answer
julianb3
Philipp M. [BestCanvas Rep]
A: The prices on bestcanvas.com are in USD, while on bestcanvas.ca, they are in CAD.
on 11/20/16