Review of Shari's Berries

Tel: 1-877-237-7437
wecare@customercare.berries.com

hollyh58
10/20/17

I got ready to order the super mini half dollar size trio cheeecakes and 6 strawberries for my fiancé for sweetest day but when I got to ship it, the ship fee went from 16.99 for standard shipping to an additional 9.99 extra for Saturday delivery. (44.99 to $75!!) Smh I already knew it was expensive for this package but wow. Plus I read the reviews that says the strawberries werent fresh and the cheesecakes were moldy. Stuck to edible arrangements.

vickyw19
10/11/17

Received a gift from my Daughter 3 days lste and the berries where very very bad! they where smelly and didn't even look nice. Called and complained. They sent another one for 2 days later and they where even worse. Cake frosting was a scrapped to one side and berries where not even dipped. I have pictures and willing to show everybody

gic20
10/10/17

They don't deserve a 1 star but that's the lowest, I ordered an arrangement for a dear friend a week ahead of her special day. On the day of the supposed delivery I call to see what's the status as she had already received her promotion and they said the order had a hold because I needed to give a credit card, well I paid using pay pal and NO ONE informed me. They did offer to deliver at another date. Really? They lost a potential customer!!!

lorettas22
10/10/17

I got the cookie bouquet for my birthday it came late when I got it they were all broken and the box all destroyed to top it the cookies all broken up and stale,
so I called them and they did offer to send another box out they came in better shape but still stale and hard they taste horrible.
Now I must say I also got strawberries from this same company for my birthday and they were wonderful.
I guess its a chance you take but as for me I wont order or suggest anyone to use them

karend182
10/5/17

Rip you off on shipping fees! Charge a rural shipping charge on top of other shipping charge.... if you are just 40 min. outside big city. Groupon said 9.99 shipping...it was 16.99 shipping....too expensive!!!!

laurak133
9/22/17

I received a box of bad chocolate dipped strawberries (mushy, bad berries that had clearly turned). My replacement box was even worse, if you can believe it. The berries looked inedible, the chocolate had separated from the berries, and the presentation was an absolute mess. I had also been notified that they'd arrived and brought them into the house within 5-10 minutes.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

carriec49
9/20/17

I received a gift last week on my birthday and the cheesecakes were moldy. I got a replacement today and the cheesecakes are even more moldy. They are sending another replacement out. Maybe 3rd time is a charm

spencern9
9/20/17

I was worried reading all these bad reviews when I bought a cake for someones birthday. But I know everyone who has a bad experience writes a bad review while people who have a good experience only sometimes leave a review. So reviews are usually tilted to one side. So I thought Id take a chance.
I wake up the day its meant to be delivered and to my dismay, the tracking says its still in Memphis Tennessee. Not in Washington where it was suppose to be. I call Fedex and they say the plane its on is having technical difficulties but there's a good chance it will still be delivered that day. Long story short its not delivered and I'm Mad. really mad.
You might be wondering why I left a 5 star review, This is why. The next day I call shari's berries and was instantly answered by a very nice man who was clearly a native English speaker probably somewhere in the US. He was extremely helpful and made me feel like a valued customer. Even though it was technically fedex's fault, they took full responsibility. I was ready to never use them again, but now im more confident in sharis berries than I was before I placed my order. I will buy from them again.
I wish I remembered my customer support representatives name, because he turned an angry customer about to rage all over the internet into a happy customer. The call was on 9/20 from 8:48am and lasted 16 min 59 secs. If sharis Berries is reading this, give that guy a raise.

douglasa23
9/14/17

I agree with many other posters here. I have ordered many times before, but I never will again. I sent 2 dozen to my mother for her 84th birthday, and paid the extra to ensure rush delivery to make the day. I got an email on her birthday saying they were delivered (left at door). But at 84, she hardly ever goes out and was home all day, and has a dog that goes crazy whenever someone approaches the door. So it was a LIE. They never even attempted delivery! Avoid this company!

kellic16
9/14/17

My boyfriend sent me roses and strawberries for my 50th birthday.. the roses didn't come with the rose food ..and they died within a week even though I followed there instructions.. the strawberries were mushy and nasty on the bottom .. I have written to them and no response.. this isn't how you handle customers and customer service... we will never order there again and I will spread the word on how awful they are

jennam37
9/8/17

I've never had a problem with them but lately it seems their customer service is absolutely horrible. For the amount of money that they charge it's absurd that you have to be worried if your package is actually going to be delivered. I placed an order as a surprise anniversary gift and I had a specific delivery date because my friends were leaving out of town and it was not delivered. so when I called the day of delivery. she said I had to wait and call back the next day. So the next morning I called back again and I got someone else and she couldn't explain to me why my order was never shipped out and what is not delivered but my credit card was charged. Of course she issued a full refund but at that point I was upset because it wasn't about the money it was about the gift that they were supposed to receive. I should have gone with edible arrangements or something! Will think twice before ordering from them again.

zacharys32
9/5/17

I had a $64 order that didnt show up, ive tried many times to create an account on their website so i can track the order, they send you an email to confirm your account but the problem is the the email never shows up so you cant make an account and cannot track your order.
Its been a few weeks now and the berries have still not shown up, i reported it to paypal who denied my claim because shari's berries claims that the package was delivered, stay away from this company

Tip for consumers: don't

alexg167
9/5/17

Just ordered and was promised 15% off for yielding my email address. You charged me the full price. Never will you get my business again.

debh53
9/4/17

I have ordered chocolate covered strawberries for years from Sherries Berries. I was shocked when I ordered the latest dozen for my son's 16th birthday. When they arrived and my son opened his gift, I was shocked to discover how small the strawberries were. They used to be a great size as shown in all the photographs on the website. These were miniscule in comparison. And the shipping charges! Yikes! $16.99 plus $4.99. That is highway robbery especially since I live in LA and they shipped from San Diego. I won't order them again. It's sad.

shontariam
8/31/17

I was charged $19.99 plus $4.99 rush delivery in which I never selected those options!

I immediately called to cancel and spoke to a "Sonia" she had a heavy foreign accent and was super rude. She put words in my month and was combative. SO DISTASTEFUL. If I had spoken with a friendly, empathetic professional and they would explained tactfully why those fee's occurred and then provided a resolution, I probably would've kept the order.

But after dealing with Sonia I was sure I didn't want to ever do businesss with Shari or her berries, EVER!!!

To top it out for there inaccuracy I have to wait an entire week for my funds to post back to my card. Shut this place down!

charlynec
8/29/17

Are you kidding me, $16.99 to ship a dozen strawberries that didn't arrive until 6:30pm at night! I called Customer Service and of course it was in another country, she was very rude on top of her awful accent so you can't understand them anyways!! She was no help so I ended up hanging up! I will NEVER order from here again! RIP OFF

marishak1
8/25/17

I had a similar experience that others who have written in have had. The fees that are added on to the order are exorbitant. Although I believe the products to be of good quality, I am displeased at the ultimate expense and as I mentioned to the customer service rep, I will not be ordering from Shari's Berries in the future. The added on fees deem this to be not of good value.

scottyb16
8/19/17

Got ready to order their 12 roses plus the 12 berries delivered over two days. RIP OFF. The price was $59.97. By the time they added all these fees to the product it went from $59.97 to $108.00. RIP OFF.

cecim6
8/15/17

I had bad customer service when I called to inquire about the additional fee to have it shipped on a particular date. Then the address was changed automatically, changed a suite number was added.
I get an email that the package was delivered, but when I google what the suite address is that is another office which has a different name than the one I mailed it to.
I should have gone with Edible Arrangements after having paid a total of $45 for 6 strawberries.

I definitely do not recommend Sharie's Berries!

fallong
8/14/17

A young coworker recently lost his grandfather, and we decided to send him and his younger siblings a gift. After looking around, we chose Shari's Berries. It was all downhill from there.

Our 63 dollar order came to a total of $101.67 after "fees" were added. Almost $40 to deliver some strawberries and chocolates? Talk about steep!

Then, their website changed the delivery address between confirmation and payment without giving me an option to override their erroneous "correction". I immediately emailed to have the address changed back to what I had put in (which was the correct address in the first place, mind you), and was informed by James that there was a problem with my order and my card would not be charged. Funny, considering my card had already been charged for the order and I'd received the confirmation email.

When I replied to that email to advise them that, contrary to their claims, my bank had, indeed, already been charged, I received no response.

After waiting a full 24 hours for them to respond, I gave up and got on the phone with them to get the address fixed. I was then told that they could not correct their mistake without authorizing my card for the full amount a second time. I explained, again, that they had already charged my card the full amount, and was told that I HAD to authorize a second payment in order to get the address corrected, and that they would then send me a refund for the second charge in 7 to 10 business days.

No, absolutely not. The customer service agent I spoke with acted like I was an idiot for refusing to allow them to charge my card a second time.

I cancelled the order and took my business elsewhere. If you can't correct your mistake without charging the customer twice, you shouldn't change the address provided in the first place. I will never use Shari's Berries again.

Tip for consumers: Check the delivery address carefully, as they do not confirm prior to changing it on you.

nw59
8/12/17

I agree with all comments on shipping charges. Very misleading. I'm sure their customer service is good because they gouge people so bad and overcharge for everything they sell. I will never ever buy their products again. Not as good as some of the reviews suggest.
If you have money to waste then go for it. I don't. Too many other online bakeries and goodie shop to choose from at reasonable prices and shipping costs.

donnab206
7/20/17

So many shipping surcharges!! Ordered $20 worth of berries and was charged $30 for shipping!! My online order said FREE SHIPPING! When I called customer service about the outrageous shipping, I could not understand the thick accent of the customer service agent and was then put on hold for 7 minutes. My second call was handled by a very nice lady, but the crazy shipping charges and surcharges remain! If I could give less than zero stars, I would!

patf50
7/15/17

Very bad company. They have outrageous fees for everything. I will never buy anything from these crooks again!

philg32
7/8/17

I have received these twice, the first time they arrived in good shape and were fairly tasty, the second time they were melted, the strawberries were unripe and had very little taste. It was disappointing, especially since not wanting to let the sender know that they were not good.

dawnem
7/2/17

Ordered and paid a premium for Saturday, a birthday package for my friend. No email, no text, no phone call. NOTHING TO SAY MY PACKAGE WOULD NOT BE DELIVERED. I am beyond pissed

Helpful answer

In the special code box! BEWARE though they are not going to be the price you are quoted online! I just went through this yesterday...it was a complete NIGHTMARE!!!! The customer service reps barely speak English and will talk in circles, and your money will still be tied up in their "refund process"!

By Jamela B. on 5/7/17

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Shari's Berries staff and other customers.

18 Photos for Shari's Berries