Review of Shari's Berries

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

katherinep22
4/25/17

Charge abundantly for delivery! More than the cost of the item. Would never use them again. My order was for $30 and was charged $31.95 for delivery. Beware Delivery charges were revealed after confirmation of order. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau immediately.

jayb136
4/24/17

I have had to call 3 times for my order and i keep getting people who barely speak english.. i havent even been able to get my issue resolved because of this. it is beyond ridiculous.. delivery fees, 14.99 standard, 4.99 gaurantee delivery, and 4.99 for a hot weather fee? haha they are a joke.. cost more than the actual gift just to ship it.. what a waste

anesk
4/17/17

No way should I pay close to $70 For 12 chocolate covered strawberries for a anniversary and have half of them taste rotten... wish I read the reviews before ordering lol what kind of a company is this? Edible arrangements from now on 100%

meredithn2
4/15/17

This was the worst ever. I am disabled and do a TON of online ordering. My orders were lost and then they gave a lame excuse that they "tried to call" over a week ago that there was a payment problem because they stupidly defaulted to a now expired card. When I called to complain they OFFERED
NO HELP OR WAY TO MAKE THIS RIGHT EVEN THOUGH THAT's a slogan on website. NEVER AGAIN. $#*!TIEST SERVICE OUT THERE.

daniellem94
4/14/17

I wish I could give them negative numbers in this review!!! I purchased a Living Social coupon trying to try a new business. First, when I used the coupon the prices of the products are so expensive, this coupon barely covered half the cost. Then they start charging you for every shipping cost possible - rural area, Saturday delivery, etc. The site did not warn me of these charges until after my card was charged. I immediately called customer service to change the delivery to Friday. She complied and updated my order. I received 2 emails with confirmation that April 14 delivery would occur. April 14 is here an NO berries. I called customer service, and they said the order was cancelled April 4. I called Mar 31 and April 14. I never called NOR did I send an email as they suggest on April 4 to cancel this order. Now I have to call Living Social and try to get my money back from them as well as make sure the charge to my credit card from Shari's is deleted.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS COMPANY!!!!!

THEY DO NOTHING...LITERALLY!!!!!

donnaw116
4/13/17

We received a box of berries as an Easter Gift.
On the positive side, they looked beautiful and tasted pretty good.
Sadly, on first bite all the chocolate fell off and they were a mess to eat.
Also,under the chocolate was the little hard green "core" of the berry.
Over all , Kind of disappointing.

mariannez1
4/10/17

I had Shari's Berries send a dozen birthday berries to my Aunt for her 90th birthday. I live in New Jersey and the berries had to go to Christmas, Florida. My Aunt received them as promised on Friday April 7th, 2017. They were the biggest and brightest red berries that she has ever seen. She was blown away by the beautiful way they were decorated. She enjoyed them so much that she has called me three times already praising them. I would use your berries as gifts again and again and I will!!!!!! Thanks. Marianne and Dana Zaccone

mkf
4/6/17

I ordered a super cute cookie arrangement for my daughter after a surgery. The week before I scheduled a Tuesday delivery, it's now Thursday and still nothing!!! Customer service was like"oh well" I will never ever order from here again!!!!

fredf63
4/6/17

I purchase chocolate covered strawberries from Shari's Berries a few months ago. When they arrived I was disappointed to see the strawberries were fully covered and looked nothing like the way they advertise them on their website. They are shown partially dip with a nice decoration on them with the green stem showing. I contacted the customer service by email and i got a computer generated genwric reaponse. I called the cutomer service and expressed my complaint, they apologized and offered to send another order guaranteeing me they would look exactly like they do in the picture with the stem showing. So I said okay that's great thank you very much. When the new shipment arrived it was exactly the same as before strawberries completely covered with no stem showing. I again wrote back and told them I appreciate you trying but my second order came exactly like the first order. This time the response was another order or my money back. I told that person I don't want my money back I just want satisfaction and I want what's pictured on your website that you're advertising to be sent to me. So since you've had two tries at it and still can't achieve what you're advertising you can keep your money because obviously you need it more than I do and when someone asks me about Shari's Berries I need to be totally honest and tell them the truth which will not reflect good for Shari's Berries. I will say the product is good tasting but the fact that Shari's Berries can not product what they advertise iffseta the quality... i would even mind the ourageous shipping and deliver charges if the product matched what was advertised.

alvinm26
4/1/17

Order on Thursday for delivery on Saturday April 1 charge extra for Saturday delivery + shipping and Nope did not show up, they we sent FedEx at Fed-ex Saturday Tracking says they will get delivered net business day so I am sure that is going to be Monday, what a waste of time and money so 5 days later I am sure they will be Ripe.

lucyc44
3/30/17

I LOVED Shari's Berries, but the charges for shipping/handling were too expensive. A customer is not notified of shipping charges in a timely manner during the order process. I won't be gifting from this company ONLY because of the shipping charges.

reginam34
3/29/17

Strawberries delivered on time. Large, ripe, delicious chocolate coating. I always go with Shari's,

shannonb77
3/25/17

Never order from them! Ordered on Monday to be delivered on my mother in laws birthday on Friday!!! Said they couldn't find address!!! Ok so they gave me refund and said would be delivered on Saturday...well I called next day bc they still weren't delivered and he said FedEx wouldn't deliver on Saturday...SO WHY DID HE TELL ME THEY WOULD??? And I paid for Groupon so they technically couldn't refund me! He said I could use it again well I don't want to use it ever again!!!!

cynthiac79
3/24/17

I tried to order a sympathy fruit basket online with a Cherry Moon Farms coupon and
they would not honor it. They tried to pull a "Bait and Switch" tactic which is illegal! They wanted to give a $20 discount instead of a $40 discount!! I was on the phone for 1 hr with sales representative and and a manager!!
The shipping fees are extremely pricey at 16.99-19.99. Waste of an hour!! Steer Clear!!

Cindy

shellyz
3/19/17

I ordered from Sherries Berries for my mother-in-law's 93rd birthday. Very expensive for what you got. Added cost of handling fees, service charge and tax make it ridiculous. I used a Groupon to lower the cost. The berrries were not delivered until 3 days after her birthday! The company will only refund cost of berrries, NOT service charge or handling fees or Groupon cost. Groupon says to order again to use groupon. NEVER! Money lost, lesson learned.

oliviak9
3/16/17

They were very pleasant on the phone and they took my order quickly especially my money..butmy order never made it today it was supposed to be there March 16th for my granny's birthday. It never made it I never got a phone call I never got an email nothing! When I called them to see why my granny never called me overly excited, they tried to tell me that the UPS CAUGHT ON FIRE and that's why they couldn't deliver my damn package! Mind u, it was already in MIAMI and then they moved it to Hialeah then back to Miami then back to Hialeah then back to Miami and then they posted and said it will make it on the 17th. I am very upset very dissatisfied I was crying. And the lady never even APOLOGIZED it was as if she was very nonchalant. Never ever again will I buy from Shari's damn berries! I will be sure to tell all of my family friends and my fans Not to ever purchase anything from this place who has ruined the moment for my granny!!!!!!!

lisas388
3/6/17

Berries looked like they had been packed well, but not well enough because they arrived for Valentine's Day 2017 with the chocolate coating destroyed and scattered in pieces throughout the box.

The fruit itself was good. The miniscule chocolate pieces that were still edible were average. Definitely not worth the cost of the product, let alone the ridiculously high price to pay the abusive shippers (assuming?).

I wrote them to tell them they should have a serious conversation with their shipper (FedEx) as they were going to lose business because of the careless handling. There was no follow up so I am sure my comments to them went ignored.

If you want to make a good impression by gifting this product, I wouldn't advise relying on this company to deliver.

jodyc21
3/5/17

I ordered from them for many years, and loved what they had.
No more though. Ordered some as a gift, and I saw what they delivered: half size strawberries, that looked like terds dipped in chocolate.
I complained to the company, and they immediately sent out more...that were just as bad. I was embarrassed to have sent these as a gift. Never again.

johns1651
2/24/17

Fraud and pictures of the strawberries yet just the perfect example of bait and switch....,...........

jennyc90
2/23/17

Only received part of my order after paying extra to get it by a certain time. Way too expensive, customer service is a joke with a huge language barrier and I'm still waiting for my refund on the item I did not receive. I'll NEVER order from them again!!

ronaldc70
2/22/17

Package was to be delivered on Valentine's Day which never arrived and still has NOT arrived. I was refunded my money but was told my package would still be received. But never showed up still! I will NEVER order from this company EVER AGAIN!

chelseyn
2/22/17

Ordered from these guys in the past and the berries were amazing . Just purchased over $ 100 worth of products for my anniversary this last weekend , it was terrible. The choc covered pretzels were so stale you couldnt eat them ! The berries were slimy inside , nd the choc was waxy and old tasting. Not sure what happened but the quality has went down tremendously !

lynns93
2/21/17

Sent to my son for his 22nd birthday at college. Paid xtra to ensure delivery and told him to expect a birthday surprise. I sent to my father 2016 Father's Day and was very pleased. The lack of delivery on the day for my son is unacceptable. Will NOT purchase from sheris berries again.

kevinc197
2/21/17

First off they try to sneak in a so called $4.99 rush charge on top of the already $16.99 charge they charge you for a delivery fees. Now mind you the delivery I was requesting was 3 days out, NOT the next day.... Secondly when you try to phone their toll free # it is some $#*!ty call center with someone who can barely grasp the English language, and consistently says what's that, I don't understand?" The last time I checked I do have a Doctorate Degree, so I am pretty sure my English is easily understood. VERY disappointed, and even more so that Shari's Berries thinks so little of their customers that I have to speak to a call center most likely in Curry Town India...

roxannea12
2/21/17

I was really not impressed at all with these. The strawberries were white at the top and not all of them were the same size, some were very small. I live by 3 different grocery stores that were hand dipping strawberries for Valentine's Day, they looked much better than these and were 1/2 as much. Most likely will ever order again

19 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Shari's Berries staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question