US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

alext87
2/21/17

Sorry to say that we were very disappointed w/ Shari's Berries. Heard Mark Simone on radio and ordered 1/2 doz strawberries for $20 for wife for Valentine's day. They were not quite ripe and the bill came to over $55 w/ reg shipping. That's $35 for regular shipping and tax. What? The tax should not be more than $3, and shipping should be no more than $10. Not a good experience......Alex

amandah123
2/20/17

These berries are so far past they taste fermented? Anyone else have strawberries that totally taste alcoholic...in a bad way?!

mitzim4
2/20/17

My husband ordered 2 dozen for valentines day with express shipping it is now february 20 th and i have yeat to receive a strawberry

shirleym71
2/20/17

I ordered 6 the summer of 2016 and they were My sister got me a dozen for my birthday and they were amazing!
My husband got me some for Valentine's Day and they were small and mismatched and messy looking.im sorry but for what they cost it isn't worth the risk.great!
My husband got me some for Valentine's Day and they were mismatched, not evenly melted before they were put into the box, very messy looking and the quality of the chocolate was awful! With that said and the cost for ship... Totally a waste of money!

benm112
2/19/17

Albeit the size wasn't exactly what the radio hosts are saying but they are wonderfully decorated, sweet, and nice! However, even keeping them chilled in the fridge we had one white chocolate covered go bad in 6 days, yuck! The price seems extreme, for that I'd say the size better increase or you will be loosing my interest in gifting them to anyone else. But now I know what all the hype is about on the radio.

karenp142
2/18/17

My sister got me a dozen for my birthday and they were amazing!

marshae4
2/18/17

I live in Florida and have plenty access to strawberries. Big ones, too. But I've listened to talk show hosts go on and on about Shari's Berries and how BIG they are, till finally, when one guest of a talk show host said they were the "size of a cake," I figured I've got to see what these things look like. The size of a cake??? "HU-----------GE," is what the talk show hosts are always telling us????? So I asked my husband to order me some for my birthday, just so I could see what these things look like. You've seen the photos of oversized pumpkins and watermelons. I figured these things were grown in a special environment that would allow them to grow to be oversized, yet keep their "delicious" flavor--you know, like the technology you might see at Epcot at Disney World, and perhaps sprayed with specially fortified enhanced water and fertilizer. After all, they're charging $19.99, plus $15 shipping for six simple strawberries! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? I got the strawberries. They were NOT "huge," and two of them could not even be classified as large, albeit they were dipped in thick chocolate. (And I could have done without the chocolate.) So we were charged $19.99, plus $15 for shipping, for six regular sized simple strawberries. Shari's Berries should be tried and thrown in jail for false advertising, misrepresentation and robbery. Just now, noticing the notoriously low rating Shari's Berries has, I figured, that's great!--People are letting Shari's Berries have it because they ripped them off by lying about the size of their strawberries! But I was wrong. People seem to be pleased with these things, but are angry because of customer service, the shipping time, sogginess, and other things. Perhaps living in states other than Florida, North Carolina and California, where strawberries are grown, I figure they may not know what size strawberries are suppose to be, vs. "HUGE!," or the "size of a cake." But I'll tell you folks, being VERY familiar with strawberries--DON'T WASTE YOU MONEY!!!!!! I only spent mine just to satisfy my curiosity. And believe me, it's been satisfied! Shari's Berries should be jailed for downright lying to you about the size, and then charging $35 for six simple strawberries!!!!!!! Go to the store, buy a pint of strawberries and chocolate, then make your own fondue. You'll get 10 times the amount, for a tenth of the cost, and they'll be fresher and much tastier. Shari's Berries, you go to jail.

phillj1
2/17/17

Total scam, ripped off, $37.00 for trash, berries size you buy at any grocery store, stems removed, no red or greenery showing, These people are a fraud!! There web site is a total scam!

bobh148
2/17/17

berries were NOT as described. No red berry or greenery showing. Very none disciped. Will make trip to mall and have delivered at same price or less. Did NOT let $60.00 stawberry order ruin our Valentine Day. We went to "White Castle"

karync7
2/17/17

Ordered Berries through FTD. You have to wait for them to accept your order, then you pay.I believe that once you accept payment you are obligated to fill order. Ordered Champagne strawberries for valentine day. Two weeks in advance should ensure that your order will be filled. Not the case. No berries, no email, no call just a no show. Unbelievable. I suggest that you don't advertise what you can't provide.

noellek3
2/17/17

I have wanted to try these forever too. Got a cheap groupon for $30 of product, but it would not let me use it on a sale priced item. Then they charge $14.99 for shipping, and an additional $4.99 for rush shipping for next day. So I decided to choose a later date, that made it $9.99 addition to the $14.99. When the berries arrived the 2 white chocolate (which I don't like anyway) were huge and the other 4 were smaller than a teaspoon, not even filling the slot in the tray. And why couldn't I customize my order to be all milk or dark chocolate and no white chocolate!! What a huge disappointment

kelliel6
2/16/17

My boyfriend ordered a dozen chocolate dipped strawberries for valentines day..... they arrived all shuffled around and all the chocolate falling off the berries.....okay so not their fault that the UPS mishandled the package.....but then I ate one and the berry was super SOGGY and past its peak ripe-ness. We spent $50 to be SUPER disappointed..... don't believe the hype on their website...... also the berries were shipped from Sacramento to Southern California and they were still awful! Imagine if they had a further destination to go to.....

mikel312
2/16/17

Ordered as a Valentine's gift and paid extra shipping fee so that they would arrive either 2/13 or 2/14. Valentine's Day came and went without the order arriving. When I complained via email I was offered (1) free replacement order or (2) a full refund. I choose a full refund but still needed to exchange two more emails to verify a bunch of information they already had from my initial order. Late that day I received an email that my replacement order (not full refund) was on the way. I had to call and spend 20+ minutes on the phone to finally get the refund issued which will still take another 5-7 days to process. They charge almost $60 for 6 strawberries, I expected the customer service to at least be decent. Don't waste your time.

jamesk198
2/16/17

Ordered a Valentine's Day gift for my wife. Nothing was delivered. Contacted them requesting a full refund, which they gave me. However, nothing else. Most places with good customer service would have refunded the money as well as shipping out the order again. Instead I get an email offering me 25% off if I spend another $30. What a joke! Won't order from them or their other companies (proflowers.com, gifts.com, etc) ever again.

Tip for consumers: Don't expect to get anything but disappointment.

juliao16
2/16/17

I ordered the 12 chocolate berries for Delivery for 2/13-2/14 Valentine's Day. They arrived the 13th impeccably packed and perfect. Yes they were a tad overpriced, but the care in shipping was evident. They were sweet and delicious. My husband loved them!
I think some of these negative reviews must have had careless delivery people, which is a shame.

laurac209
2/16/17

I received chocolate dipped strawberries for Valentine's Day from my husband. They were FIVE STAR delicious! I experienced no cracks in the chocolate, packaged well and safe, and arrived on time. My brother is getting married in two weeks. I ordered two dozen chocolate berries and the price was really good! The problem was that I had to do my order with two different people because they had very strong accents and I couldn't understand them. The second customer service rep had me on the phone for 30 minutes and 6 seconds. I had to give all my information one number at a time and spell my name several times. She still didn't get it right. She also seemed to struggle understanding English. It was the worse experience I have EVER had ordering ANYTHING over the phone. I did call back and confirm that she ordered everything correctly. FIVE stars for the product, hands down!!! Less than two stars for the customer service I received. I'm greatly disappointed.

chrisb340
2/16/17

Just horrible, my wife couldnt get her gift on Valentine's Day nor the day after when I call in about the process they have me on hold forever long story short, my wife is still angry with me and I am very angry and disappointed with the service. I will not be purchasing anything here anymore.

carriet19
2/16/17

My husband ordered the chocolate covered strawberries and cherries. The strawberries were all different sizes and the strawberries sort of sizzled in my mouth like they were injected with something. We will not be ordering from this company again. I bought my daughter some at Publix and they were cheaper and much better.

rebeccam131
2/16/17

I am at disbelieve at this company. I have always wanted to try this product and figured I would treat myself (since I turned 40 the other day). I ordered a dozen chocolate covered strawberries with the pretzel rods. They strawberries were soggy and varied in size, there was only 1 white chocolate one and the box was all smudged. My son ate one before we took a picture and tossed. I understand that they are a HUGE company now, but these little things make a HUGE difference if they want a repeat customer. I am never trying this company again. Very VERY disappointed that it didnt even come close to the pics that they show.

bevp5
2/16/17

I ordered 4 chocolate covered cream filled cookies and 12 assorted cake pops for my husband for Valentine's Day. The order arrived on Friday, 2/10/17 as I specified; however the cake pops (which are his favorite) were missing and chocolate truffles sent instead. After spending what I consider a ridiculous amount of time waiting for customer service they agreed to replace the order and send it correctly but that it wouldn't arrive in time for the holiday. I agreed and the second order arrived yesterday 2/15/17 and was exactly the same incorrect order they sent the first time! Needless to say I requested my money back and promised I would never order from them again. It's a shame because they have wonderful product.

andrewa65
2/16/17

Ordered berries for Valentine's Day. They didn't show up until the day after and the berries were horrible. NEVER AGAIN!!

angelap64
2/15/17

I received Shari's berries as a loving gesture from my fiancee for Valentine's day..I was really excited because I have always wanted to try them. When I opened the box the berries were shuffled around, the chocolate was coming off the berries..I also noticed the berries varied drastically in size..They were not visually appealing at all..Once I ate a couple of berries I noticed they weren't the ripe tasting berries I expected for the price he paid..Disappointed to say the least..

lisah255
2/15/17

Not sure why there are so many negative reviews. We got these on time even after a big snow storm. They were beautiful and delicious. Shipping was pricey but what do you expect?!?! Would definitely order again.

jh527
2/15/17

I, like others would prefer to give 0 stars. The product is over priced. Shipping is horrendous! Quality is extremely poor. The reviews speak loud and clear. Spread the word so others consumers are not taken advantage of as I was!

maryb399
2/15/17

Horrible, fruit was disgusting and chocolate was thin..way over-priced. You can purchase a better product at the local food store. By the way the cheaper ones I bought were amazing. These were just terrible. lots of bad reviews ..why is this company in business?

19 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Shari's Berries staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question