Review of Shari's Berries

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

cynthiac79
3/24/17

I tried to order a sympathy fruit basket online with a Cherry Moon Farms coupon and
they would not honor it. They tried to pull a "Bait and Switch" tactic which is illegal! They wanted to give a $20 discount instead of a $40 discount!! I was on the phone for 1 hr with sales representative and and a manager!!
The shipping fees are extremely pricey at 16.99-19.99. Waste of an hour!! Steer Clear!!

Cindy

shellyz
3/19/17

I ordered from Sherries Berries for my mother-in-law's 93rd birthday. Very expensive for what you got. Added cost of handling fees, service charge and tax make it ridiculous. I used a Groupon to lower the cost. The berrries were not delivered until 3 days after her birthday! The company will only refund cost of berrries, NOT service charge or handling fees or Groupon cost. Groupon says to order again to use groupon. NEVER! Money lost, lesson learned.

oliviak9
3/16/17

They were very pleasant on the phone and they took my order quickly especially my money..butmy order never made it today it was supposed to be there March 16th for my granny's birthday. It never made it I never got a phone call I never got an email nothing! When I called them to see why my granny never called me overly excited, they tried to tell me that the UPS CAUGHT ON FIRE and that's why they couldn't deliver my damn package! Mind u, it was already in MIAMI and then they moved it to Hialeah then back to Miami then back to Hialeah then back to Miami and then they posted and said it will make it on the 17th. I am very upset very dissatisfied I was crying. And the lady never even APOLOGIZED it was as if she was very nonchalant. Never ever again will I buy from Shari's damn berries! I will be sure to tell all of my family friends and my fans Not to ever purchase anything from this place who has ruined the moment for my granny!!!!!!!

lisas388
3/6/17

Berries looked like they had been packed well, but not well enough because they arrived for Valentine's Day 2017 with the chocolate coating destroyed and scattered in pieces throughout the box.

The fruit itself was good. The miniscule chocolate pieces that were still edible were average. Definitely not worth the cost of the product, let alone the ridiculously high price to pay the abusive shippers (assuming?).

I wrote them to tell them they should have a serious conversation with their shipper (FedEx) as they were going to lose business because of the careless handling. There was no follow up so I am sure my comments to them went ignored.

If you want to make a good impression by gifting this product, I wouldn't advise relying on this company to deliver.

jodyc21
3/5/17

I ordered from them for many years, and loved what they had.
No more though. Ordered some as a gift, and I saw what they delivered: half size strawberries, that looked like terds dipped in chocolate.
I complained to the company, and they immediately sent out more...that were just as bad. I was embarrassed to have sent these as a gift. Never again.

johns1651
2/24/17

Fraud and pictures of the strawberries yet just the perfect example of bait and switch....,...........

jennyc90
2/23/17

Only received part of my order after paying extra to get it by a certain time. Way too expensive, customer service is a joke with a huge language barrier and I'm still waiting for my refund on the item I did not receive. I'll NEVER order from them again!!

ronaldc70
2/22/17

Package was to be delivered on Valentine's Day which never arrived and still has NOT arrived. I was refunded my money but was told my package would still be received. But never showed up still! I will NEVER order from this company EVER AGAIN!

chelseyn
2/22/17

Ordered from these guys in the past and the berries were amazing . Just purchased over $ 100 worth of products for my anniversary this last weekend , it was terrible. The choc covered pretzels were so stale you couldnt eat them ! The berries were slimy inside , nd the choc was waxy and old tasting. Not sure what happened but the quality has went down tremendously !

lynns93
2/21/17

Sent to my son for his 22nd birthday at college. Paid xtra to ensure delivery and told him to expect a birthday surprise. I sent to my father 2016 Father's Day and was very pleased. The lack of delivery on the day for my son is unacceptable. Will NOT purchase from sheris berries again.

kevinc197
2/21/17

First off they try to sneak in a so called $4.99 rush charge on top of the already $16.99 charge they charge you for a delivery fees. Now mind you the delivery I was requesting was 3 days out, NOT the next day.... Secondly when you try to phone their toll free # it is some $#*!ty call center with someone who can barely grasp the English language, and consistently says what's that, I don't understand?" The last time I checked I do have a Doctorate Degree, so I am pretty sure my English is easily understood. VERY disappointed, and even more so that Shari's Berries thinks so little of their customers that I have to speak to a call center most likely in Curry Town India...

roxannea12
2/21/17

I was really not impressed at all with these. The strawberries were white at the top and not all of them were the same size, some were very small. I live by 3 different grocery stores that were hand dipping strawberries for Valentine's Day, they looked much better than these and were 1/2 as much. Most likely will ever order again

alext87
2/21/17

Sorry to say that we were very disappointed w/ Shari's Berries. Heard Mark Simone on radio and ordered 1/2 doz strawberries for $20 for wife for Valentine's day. They were not quite ripe and the bill came to over $55 w/ reg shipping. That's $35 for regular shipping and tax. What? The tax should not be more than $3, and shipping should be no more than $10. Not a good experience......Alex

amandah123
2/20/17

These berries are so far past they taste fermented? Anyone else have strawberries that totally taste alcoholic...in a bad way?!

mitzim4
2/20/17

My husband ordered 2 dozen for valentines day with express shipping it is now february 20 th and i have yeat to receive a strawberry

shirleym71
2/20/17

I ordered 6 the summer of 2016 and they were My sister got me a dozen for my birthday and they were amazing!
My husband got me some for Valentine's Day and they were small and mismatched and messy looking.im sorry but for what they cost it isn't worth the risk.great!
My husband got me some for Valentine's Day and they were mismatched, not evenly melted before they were put into the box, very messy looking and the quality of the chocolate was awful! With that said and the cost for ship... Totally a waste of money!

benm112
2/19/17

Albeit the size wasn't exactly what the radio hosts are saying but they are wonderfully decorated, sweet, and nice! However, even keeping them chilled in the fridge we had one white chocolate covered go bad in 6 days, yuck! The price seems extreme, for that I'd say the size better increase or you will be loosing my interest in gifting them to anyone else. But now I know what all the hype is about on the radio.

karenp142
2/18/17

My sister got me a dozen for my birthday and they were amazing!

marshae4
2/18/17

I live in Florida and have plenty access to strawberries. Big ones, too. But I've listened to talk show hosts go on and on about Shari's Berries and how BIG they are, till finally, when one guest of a talk show host said they were the "size of a cake," I figured I've got to see what these things look like. The size of a cake??? "HU-----------GE," is what the talk show hosts are always telling us????? So I asked my husband to order me some for my birthday, just so I could see what these things look like. You've seen the photos of oversized pumpkins and watermelons. I figured these things were grown in a special environment that would allow them to grow to be oversized, yet keep their "delicious" flavor--you know, like the technology you might see at Epcot at Disney World, and perhaps sprayed with specially fortified enhanced water and fertilizer. After all, they're charging $19.99, plus $15 shipping for six simple strawberries! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? I got the strawberries. They were NOT "huge," and two of them could not even be classified as large, albeit they were dipped in thick chocolate. (And I could have done without the chocolate.) So we were charged $19.99, plus $15 for shipping, for six regular sized simple strawberries. Shari's Berries should be tried and thrown in jail for false advertising, misrepresentation and robbery. Just now, noticing the notoriously low rating Shari's Berries has, I figured, that's great!--People are letting Shari's Berries have it because they ripped them off by lying about the size of their strawberries! But I was wrong. People seem to be pleased with these things, but are angry because of customer service, the shipping time, sogginess, and other things. Perhaps living in states other than Florida, North Carolina and California, where strawberries are grown, I figure they may not know what size strawberries are suppose to be, vs. "HUGE!," or the "size of a cake." But I'll tell you folks, being VERY familiar with strawberries--DON'T WASTE YOU MONEY!!!!!! I only spent mine just to satisfy my curiosity. And believe me, it's been satisfied! Shari's Berries should be jailed for downright lying to you about the size, and then charging $35 for six simple strawberries!!!!!!! Go to the store, buy a pint of strawberries and chocolate, then make your own fondue. You'll get 10 times the amount, for a tenth of the cost, and they'll be fresher and much tastier. Shari's Berries, you go to jail.

phillj1
2/17/17

Total scam, ripped off, $37.00 for trash, berries size you buy at any grocery store, stems removed, no red or greenery showing, These people are a fraud!! There web site is a total scam!

bobh148
2/17/17

berries were NOT as described. No red berry or greenery showing. Very none disciped. Will make trip to mall and have delivered at same price or less. Did NOT let $60.00 stawberry order ruin our Valentine Day. We went to "White Castle"

karync7
2/17/17

Ordered Berries through FTD. You have to wait for them to accept your order, then you pay.I believe that once you accept payment you are obligated to fill order. Ordered Champagne strawberries for valentine day. Two weeks in advance should ensure that your order will be filled. Not the case. No berries, no email, no call just a no show. Unbelievable. I suggest that you don't advertise what you can't provide.

noellek3
2/17/17

I have wanted to try these forever too. Got a cheap groupon for $30 of product, but it would not let me use it on a sale priced item. Then they charge $14.99 for shipping, and an additional $4.99 for rush shipping for next day. So I decided to choose a later date, that made it $9.99 addition to the $14.99. When the berries arrived the 2 white chocolate (which I don't like anyway) were huge and the other 4 were smaller than a teaspoon, not even filling the slot in the tray. And why couldn't I customize my order to be all milk or dark chocolate and no white chocolate!! What a huge disappointment

kelliel6
2/16/17

My boyfriend ordered a dozen chocolate dipped strawberries for valentines day..... they arrived all shuffled around and all the chocolate falling off the berries.....okay so not their fault that the UPS mishandled the package.....but then I ate one and the berry was super SOGGY and past its peak ripe-ness. We spent $50 to be SUPER disappointed..... don't believe the hype on their website...... also the berries were shipped from Sacramento to Southern California and they were still awful! Imagine if they had a further destination to go to.....

mikel312
2/16/17

Ordered as a Valentine's gift and paid extra shipping fee so that they would arrive either 2/13 or 2/14. Valentine's Day came and went without the order arriving. When I complained via email I was offered (1) free replacement order or (2) a full refund. I choose a full refund but still needed to exchange two more emails to verify a bunch of information they already had from my initial order. Late that day I received an email that my replacement order (not full refund) was on the way. I had to call and spend 20+ minutes on the phone to finally get the refund issued which will still take another 5-7 days to process. They charge almost $60 for 6 strawberries, I expected the customer service to at least be decent. Don't waste your time.

19 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Shari's Berries staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question