Review of Shari's Berries

Tel: 1-877-237-7437
wecare@customercare.berries.com

scottyb16
8/19/17

Got ready to order their 12 roses plus the 12 berries delivered over two days. RIP OFF. The price was $59.97. By the time they added all these fees to the product it went from $59.97 to $108.00. RIP OFF.

cecim6
8/15/17

I had bad customer service when I called to inquire about the additional fee to have it shipped on a particular date. Then the address was changed automatically, changed a suite number was added.
I get an email that the package was delivered, but when I google what the suite address is that is another office which has a different name than the one I mailed it to.
I should have gone with Edible Arrangements after having paid a total of $45 for 6 strawberries.

I definitely do not recommend Sharie's Berries!

fallong
8/14/17

A young coworker recently lost his grandfather, and we decided to send him and his younger siblings a gift. After looking around, we chose Shari's Berries. It was all downhill from there.

Our 63 dollar order came to a total of $101.67 after "fees" were added. Almost $40 to deliver some strawberries and chocolates? Talk about steep!

Then, their website changed the delivery address between confirmation and payment without giving me an option to override their erroneous "correction". I immediately emailed to have the address changed back to what I had put in (which was the correct address in the first place, mind you), and was informed by James that there was a problem with my order and my card would not be charged. Funny, considering my card had already been charged for the order and I'd received the confirmation email.

When I replied to that email to advise them that, contrary to their claims, my bank had, indeed, already been charged, I received no response.

After waiting a full 24 hours for them to respond, I gave up and got on the phone with them to get the address fixed. I was then told that they could not correct their mistake without authorizing my card for the full amount a second time. I explained, again, that they had already charged my card the full amount, and was told that I HAD to authorize a second payment in order to get the address corrected, and that they would then send me a refund for the second charge in 7 to 10 business days.

No, absolutely not. The customer service agent I spoke with acted like I was an idiot for refusing to allow them to charge my card a second time.

I cancelled the order and took my business elsewhere. If you can't correct your mistake without charging the customer twice, you shouldn't change the address provided in the first place. I will never use Shari's Berries again.

Tip for consumers: Check the delivery address carefully, as they do not confirm prior to changing it on you.

nw59
8/12/17

I agree with all comments on shipping charges. Very misleading. I'm sure their customer service is good because they gouge people so bad and overcharge for everything they sell. I will never ever buy their products again. Not as good as some of the reviews suggest.
If you have money to waste then go for it. I don't. Too many other online bakeries and goodie shop to choose from at reasonable prices and shipping costs.

donnab206
7/20/17

So many shipping surcharges!! Ordered $20 worth of berries and was charged $30 for shipping!! My online order said FREE SHIPPING! When I called customer service about the outrageous shipping, I could not understand the thick accent of the customer service agent and was then put on hold for 7 minutes. My second call was handled by a very nice lady, but the crazy shipping charges and surcharges remain! If I could give less than zero stars, I would!

patf50
7/15/17

Very bad company. They have outrageous fees for everything. I will never buy anything from these crooks again!

philg32
7/8/17

I have received these twice, the first time they arrived in good shape and were fairly tasty, the second time they were melted, the strawberries were unripe and had very little taste. It was disappointing, especially since not wanting to let the sender know that they were not good.

dawnem
7/2/17

Ordered and paid a premium for Saturday, a birthday package for my friend. No email, no text, no phone call. NOTHING TO SAY MY PACKAGE WOULD NOT BE DELIVERED. I am beyond pissed

dawnp54
6/19/17

To whom it may concern,

Shari's Berries is completely unreliable!! I wish I could give them a zero review rating! My intended order for Father's Day arrived today..,the day after Father's Day, which was today. That's just like receiving a Christmas gift the day after Christmas.... it's ridiculous! This company failed to deliver a package that was supposed to be delivered on Saturday, 17 June. I have the order receipt from the company with the intended delivery date. I would have never ordered from Sheri's Berries and spent the amount I did ($103.00) if I thought that my Dad's gift would be delivered the day after Father's Day!! I will NEVER order from Sheri's Berries EVER again!! I will tell all of my friends and family not to EVER order through this bull$#*! company! And I will continue to spread the word about this unreliable "so-called" business!! Shari's Berries is pathetic!! This is a huge disappointment to me and my father because he did not receive his gift on time! The package was late and it's all Sheri's Berries fault! If their company failed me, I know they've failed other customers and that's why their company is deceiving and grossly PATHETIC!! Don't allow them to keep getting away with treating their customers like this...DO NOT order from Shari's Berries!! You'll be incredibly disappointed just like me! BEWARE!!!

Angry & Disgusted

jensonl4
6/19/17

Ordered a cake from Shari's Berries and it arrived way past the time it was guaranteed (7PM instead of 3PM). The cake was melted and when support was contacted, they reported that a replacement cake will be shipped out or a different item of my chocie. Another item was chosen but no response was ever given.

DO NOT ORDER.

lauras242
6/17/17

This is the first and only time I will ever order from this company. First of all, they delivered Father's Day strawberries 4 days early on Wednesday. This was bad enough, but I thought, okay maybe we'll make this an early Father's Day surprise. But the worst was yet to come. When I opened the box, the strawberries were all crushed, melted and disgusting. I mean DISGUSTING!!! You could even see underneath the chocolate that the strawberries had turned mushy and pink. The packaging had insulation but just a small cold pack thrown in that was completely melted. Listen, I order packages from Blue Apron off and on and they know how to deliver and pack a box. Everything comes fresh including beautiful, crisp produce. Shari's Berries is nothing like this. It's a joke. They should take a lesson from others who know how to ship. Oh, maybe that's it. They spend so much on marketing that they don't have anything left for packaging. Don't waste your money on this junk.

leslied45
6/17/17

I ordered several items to be delivered to me for for fathers day to give to my husband-I put my phone number on the order so delivery could call me while i was in my office...they leave never call me and im just out of my order for my husband! Thanks Alot Shari's Berries for a whole lot of nothing.

cheyc
6/10/17

After reading so many of these reviews I was TERRIFEID to buy this.. but I did anyways.. paid for next day shipping and everything.. at around 620 pm I became to get discouraged thinking I had jus wasted 70 bucks because I didn't want edible arrangements and I didn't want to make my own... at 710 I received the notification that it had been delivered.. I walk outside, pick up my box, and open it... fully expecting what most of you had received, melted strawberries, bad cheese cakes, etc... but to my completely amazment they were PERFECT. Not melted, didn't look bad, looked soooo good..
so I took a bite expecting over ripe or under ripe strawberries.. nooope. The strawberries were so good... I just orgasm in your mouth type $#*!... I will be buying from your company again. I'm so pleasantly surprised

stacyd46
6/9/17

I had 2 orders for Mothers Day. I wanted 3 orders but to send some to my aunt who lives 1/4 mile away would have been 75.00 after all the shipping charges so I got her something locally. One of the 2 was for my mother-in-law and the other one for my mom. My mother-in-laws arrived on time with a 9.99 S&H and an additional 4.99 for a guaranteed delivery by the Friday before Mothers Day AND a 3.99 rural shipping fee. SERIOUSLY Rural???? I let it go because they are about 3 whopping miles out town. My mother's gite however is what really torqued me off!! I paid 9.99 for S&H 4.99 to guarantee delivery the Friday before, ALSO a fricken 3.99 for rural delivery and SHE LIVES IN TOWN!! I paid it because I just wanted to get them ordered and not worry. Well Friday came and went, but late Saturday afternoon they finally showed up. They both loved the berries and cheesecake but the RURAL charge and then they didn't even get my moms there on time BS!!!! Then trying to find a customer service email to send in, Ityped it out on three different occasions and they always came back "undeliverable" the wecare@customerservice is a fricken joke! Then the other links send you to the "flower" business that is attached to Sherris Berries. You are ALWAYS redirected no customer service email works. But they certainly send almost daily their sales promotions pushing the good treats but crappy prices and service.

dc154
6/5/17

I ordered some tulips, chocolate covered strawberries and little cheesecake for my mother on Mother's Day. They were to be delivered the day before. My mother is 96, so it is unlikely that she will have many more Mother's Days, and gift delivery is how I have to do it since I am five states away.

I got an email stating that the gift had been delivered. My sister took a picture of my mother displaying the tulips and texted it to me. But there was nothing about the food items. I had to ask my mother if she got them. She did not.

I contacted the company, and they did deliver the full gift about a week and a half after the original delivery date.

What made me furious is that had I not asked my mother about the other items, I would never have known what she got - Shari's Berries certainly did not let on that the shipment wasn't complete. Their service recovery was to ship the order again - at no charge to me. What?? Don't you mean fulfill the original order. There wasn't anything extra except the wilted tulips.

Oh - they did offer 25% of my next order.

I will never, never order from this company again.

juliea110
5/31/17

Ordered a dozen strawberries for a friend who was accepted to law school, picked the delivery date in advance, paid the $17 shipping for that date.

Was notified on that date the there was an error and it had not shipped. It arrived two days late, a little melted, but (I'm told) still very tasty.

I was emailed that they were refunding the delivery charge in full. When I looked a week later I was missing the refund, so I reached out.

They could not have been more sorry and helpful. I had chosen them since I was able to get a groupon that covered most of the cost (except the shipping). They were so upset that the refund did not go through that they also issued me a new group on voucher for $30, plus the refund.

They will get your order right, or they will go above and beyond to correct it.

The original price is a bit high, but the quality behind it, totally worth it.

10/10 would recommend and reorder

alishaw11
5/29/17

This terrible service hurt my Mother's feelings a week after Mother's Day because that's when she got the wilted flowers and rotten strawberries. What can we about a service that continues to have expensive items that aren't worth a damn?! Better Business Bureau (BBB)? I think so..

This maybe a good company locallly, but they should stop shipping outside of the CA area.

cindyp74
5/28/17

So this year I was out of ideas for Mother's Day gifts, and decided to go with Shari's. I wish I had gone to my favorite little candy store instead. I wasn't looking to spend a lot of money, which I don't have, and since my mother and sister live close to each other, I decided on a package they could share... strawberries and some cookies. I worked thru the order, and admittedly I was a bit distracted, but I swear I never saw a section with the shipping charges. $20 normal shipping charge, and an extra $9.99 for a Saturday delivery? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!! Before I knew it, I was approving a $75 purchase! Good god, I will NEVER do that again. I've seen some of these other comments saying they received terrible strawberries, but fortunately the strawberries received here were good.
I remember some time ago when Shari's Berries had started out here in Sacramento. I think there were two little stores, and the hugest strawberries I've ever seen. That's when Shari's was great. Man, I miss the 'old' days.

donaldr45
5/25/17

Shari's Berries was advertising on the radio starting about two months before Mother's Day, guaranteeing delivery by that holiday, and offering substantial discounts on various packages. Ordering off the website, I discovered the guaranteed delivery date before Mother's Day was not available, and the earliest they could get them out was a week later. The package came today (May 25), a week after the promised delivery date. The package was warm, the berries soft and mushy and the chocolate melted. Going back to the website, I could not find any customer service contact link, and the toll-free number was an offshore facility, and only for new orders only.That's it. I'm done with this outfit. If they promise delivery by a certain date, they better deliver, and for the prices, the product better be higher quality than what's available in the grocery store.

monicas84
5/24/17

WAY overpriced! Shipping ALONE was $30 per order (I had 2 orders) to ship on Mother's Day. That's more than the product itself costs. Where do they get the nerve to charge that much?! I had to change it to ship to my mom on a random weekday instead of Mother's Day to reduce the shipping costs, but it was still $15 per order.
The merchandise was OK, but I will NEVER order from them again. Honestly, just go get some chocolate covered strawberries at your local grocery store. I kicked myself because I saw some the same weekend at the store for literally half the price and no shipping costs, and they looked BETTER! Give me back my arm and my leg!!!

caroles33
5/22/17

I ordered a birthday cake for my daughter's 12th birthday, what a joke, it was completely unacceptable. The cake was incredibly small and looked nothing like the photos, the frosting was falling apart, the beautiful photo doesn't even come close to what this horrible cake looked like. Save your money, go to WINCO or FRED MEYER, you will get a much better cake.

eg292
5/20/17

They are wonderful and delicious....GREAT!!!
My daughter loved them, arrived on time. great presentation.

jayd283
5/19/17

From the reviews below it's obvious Shari's Berries has problems. I placed my order for Mother's day on April 28th for delivery for May 11th. It's now May 19th and the order still hasn't been received. I called their 800 number 3 times and emailed them twice. I never got a response from my email which is ironic since their email address is wecare@customercare. This company doesn't have a clue or could care less about their customer service. If there is a problem meeting their deliver why don't they communicate with their clients through email. Amazon keeps you notified exactly where your order is and exactly when it will be delivered. I'm done with this company and will spread the word on social media and anyone who will listen about the terrible service I received. Save your $$ and shop else where for your next gift. Don't do business with Shari's Berries and suffer like I did and everyone else.

lynnw60
5/19/17

Order was suppose to come Mother's Day. Then Tuesday after Mother's Day. Then today (Friday after Mother's Day. Still no strawberries!!!!
My son sent me these as a Mother's Day gift.
To say the least I am so disappointed. Will they come tomorrow after sitting in a hot truck with no ice pack left? Who knows.

alexisb55
5/19/17

Im never one to complain, but when it comes to paying good money for something and not receive what you ordered I have to!!! My Husband ordered Mother's Day special with nut lover's carmel apples. The wrong order of apples came Saturday which he paid for the whole order to come Saturday they came FedEx and not even nut lover's. My flowers and berries didn't show up unti Monday from ups, the ice packs was melted and they flowers was welted, he had fresh shipped free of charge and the right order of apples sent they came Wednesday from fedex, and it was nut lover's!!! I call and complained for them to refund his money back which he did get refunded. But I still haven't received the fresh flowers and berries he called and had shipped free of charge the only reason he ordered was the for the Mothers Day special you had going on!!! Which Im okay with now because his money was refunded. But if someone pays 168 dollars for 3 items and pays to have delivery before Mother's Day, you as an established company should make sure that happens and make sure that customer is happy so they will keep ordering from your company. And trying to send 20% off next order for your apology doesnt work when we wont be ordering from you anymore. You should make your paying customers happy so your don't have to refund money!!

Helpful answer

In the special code box! BEWARE though they are not going to be the price you are quoted online! I just went through this yesterday...it was a complete NIGHTMARE!!!! The customer service reps barely speak English and will talk in circles, and your money will still be tied up in their "refund process"!

By Jamela B. on 5/7/17

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Shari's Berries staff and other customers.

15 Photos for Shari's Berries