US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jackh114
1/19/17

They charged for a rush delivery even though I did ask for rush delivery. No refund. Then they delivered the package two (2) days after the event it was sent for. A total waste of my money. Again, no refund, only "I'm sorry for the inconvenience."
Do business with someone else who cares about giving the customer what they spend their money on.

jessical168
1/14/17

Ordered a gift for my mom.... On expected delivery date it was just bring processed even tho I was charged for Express delivery. Will never use again. Keep looking around if you need to mail a gift

bernadetted9
1/2/17

I received a gift of Sharis Berries for Chirstmas.
I was so excited. I have always wanted to try
them. I listen to Sean Hannity and how he always
raves about them. How huge they are and how
sweet they are. When I opened the box, I was
so disappointed! They were very small and
also bland tasting and a few of them were
cracked. With all the high praise that I
hear on commercials plus the fact that they
are so expensive, I expected the very best.
It is definitely false advertising! I would not
advise purchasing these berries.

ot995
12/30/16

Sharia berries do not arrive on time and customer service is the worst. Never heard so many lies from one company. Took several calls to get any information.

markf141
12/30/16

product is great ... pricing is deceptive order a $39 order check out..... without notice or any communication of any additional charges is $85.... these guys are crooks... if you are going to charge me like this...... tell me up front and explain the charges in advance.... don't hide it or be deceptive about it...

jenniferb263
12/30/16

I ordered an organic fruit basket to arrive the Monday before Christimas, paid extra for fast delivery and for a Monday delivery. The basket didn't come and repeated calls to the service center couldn't tell me when it would come. The service center is clearly located outside of the country and it was difficult to communicate with them. The basket finally arrived Tuesday evening and the fruit looked terrible, most likely because it had been in frigid weather conditions as it hadn't been delivered on time. This time I communicated by email and they promised to deliver another one on December 23rd. It didn't show up at all! I'm still fighting with them and they send me emails requesting the same information I have provided them with six times before. Every time the email is from a new person and that person does not seem to have access to any of the previous history. I have repeatedly requested contact information for a manager but with no luck. I will never purchase anything from them again. As a point of reference, I am a huge on-line shopper and have never posted a negative review on any site before, that's how bad this has been. If I could have figured out how to give it 0 or negative stars I would have.

mariap131
12/29/16

What can I say, I was So disappointed with my order. I can understand i ordered 2 days before xmas eve but Omg the price is ridiculous. What I ordered cost me double. Never again. And what I received was so disapointing. Look nothing like what i ordered. You got my money but you won't get me again.....

ruthm78
12/27/16

I once loved Shari's Berries. My family has used them for years and we really enjoyed them and giving them as gifts. But, Shari disappointed me twice now. First, I placed an order a week before my friends birthday and scheduled the delivery for her birthday. It didn't show. So, I contacted Shari and they apologized, delivered the berries days late, refunded my shipping charges and sent me strawberries. Still was late.

I received a nice Shari's Berries Christmas mailer that included a $10 coupon for purchases over $29. So, I placed items in my cart on line, the total was $69. Per the instructions on the back of the coupon, the code would have to be obtained by calling 1-877-318-2196 or by visiting, berries.com/joyful. The web address brought me to my cart without a code. So, I called the toll free number and was told they don't give out codes over the phone. I explained to the customer service rep and he kept saying we don't provide codes over the phone. I decided to let Shari know and emailed their customer service department. Their response was they don't provide codes on line or over the phone but thanks for the feedback.

My family and friends won't be ordering any longer (especially since their experiences have been subpar). I just want everyone to know and will share this every where I can. Baaad Shari's Berries... Baaaad!!

gloriab35
12/26/16

My husband ordered me two dozen of the awful strawberries covered in something.
They certainly did not arrive looking like the pictures. The strawberries were hard and sour, the chocolate was hard and actually hard to chew. The stems (leaves) were dead so they did not look like anything you wanted to eat. They were delivered to the wrong address and the package was so sticky that we had to tear open the lid to get the the awful fruit. Save your money, it was awful and way too expensive.

davea72
12/25/16

Last year the Strawberries plump and amazing this year rotten and small!! how could a company send such crap?

stevenr128
12/25/16

Total disappointment and waste of money! Won't that mistake again!

rossh28
12/25/16

I purchased Shari's Berries last Christmas for my mother and we shared them together after they were delivered. The berries were large, carefully packed, and pristine when they arrived last year.
Placed an identical order this year, with the exception of four dipped cookies added, and what arrived had only a passing resemblance to what we had last year. The berries were tiny comparatively but were shipped in the same size packaging as before resulting in them rolling around and losing parts and pieces of the chocolate coating. The presentation was unattractive and, vice embarrassing myself by taking these to my mother's for Christmas, we just placed them in the refrigerator to try when I get over my disgust at spending $49.96 for twelve strawberries and four cookies.
My wife did try one and the berry itself was not ripe and completely flavorless.
I read a review that said the company was purchased by FTD and was no longer a small family owned business. If so, it appears that it has not helped the company to be taken over.
I will not avail myself of Shari's Berries again and am sorry to see that option for a gift be lost.

leonf22
12/25/16

Rush goes on and on about Shari's Berries, wonder if he ever ordered them... and if he did, he should order under another name.. $50 for 2 large 2 medium the rest small, never again

keithc59
12/24/16

Noticed how Shari's Berries website doesn't have a rating system? Reason is because it's a total ripoff! I was listening to the "Joe Madason" show on Sirius XM and he constantly promotes Shari's Berries so I decided to trust the "Black Eagle" and order it for my wife for Christmas! The Strawberries were very small and the inside was green! The Cherries weren't real picked cherries they were Cherries from a dam jar dipped in chocolate! Very disappointed with this product and i paid $60.00 plus $30.00 for shipping! So sad that not only was I pissed but my wife was acting happy to not disappoint me but did say the strawberries were very hard and green! TO JOE MADASON! YOU CLAIM ON YOUR SHOW THAT THESE BERRIES ARE BIG & PLUMP AND YOU TELL YOUR BLACK LISTENERS TO PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT! JUST GOES TO SHOW ME THAT YOUR ANOTHER RACE HUSTLER SUCKING THE COMMUNITY DRY!

suzannew29
12/24/16

I was so excited to see the box arrive but when I opened it I was almost sick. Scrawny, under-ripened berries in a seriously thin layer of cracked and broken chocolate. I didn't have the heart to tell the person who sent the gift how disgusting it was. I will NEVER use this company.

justinf36
12/24/16

I ordered two dozen strawberries to be delivered on Christmas Eve they charged me three times I had to cancel on my orders restart over and then the lady on the phone couldn't hardly talk English I would not recommend these people to anybody do not order from these people horrible

cyndin5
12/24/16

Went to order flowers and strawberries and it was supposed to be around $60. As I went to pay for it, the prices for each (flowers and berries) jumped dramatically. Jumped up from 60 to around 150. STAY AWAY. So dissatisfied

susanw146
12/24/16

What a huge disappointment! Not delivered on time for Christmas eve. Won't get berries till 27th. Customer service was horrible! I wish I read the reviews before I spend a couple of hundred dollars on Christmas orders!

rochellec8
12/24/16

The berries we recived didn't look like strawberries they we so tiny one one med sized berry out of entire order disappointed paid 29.99 plus 20 for shipping only to be the worst berries ever not to mention some were bruised lesson learned never ordering again seems like rip off actually 49 wasted

randym69
12/23/16

I have done some computer contract work at the Sherri's Berries plant when it was in Roseville, CA and was a family owned operation. I even helped them move from one facility to a newer, larger facility. I had worked with the Exec VP, Production Mgr, and IT Mgr at a different company. I used to get fresh dipped berries right off the production line. They were large, plump, ripe, and delicious. If I ordered them for shipping, they were still very good. They were shipped with dry ice to keep them fresh. Back then, they dipped the berries with the stem on and they were very attractive and looked like strawberries. Even in the off season when they had to get South American strawberries, because fresh California berries weren't available, the berries were large, plump, ripe, and delicious.
Today, Dec. 23, 2016, I received four dozen berries (4x12). They were delivered as promised, so I can't fault them on that, though the delivery fee was exorbitant. It was $20 for each $29 box of berries. All 4 were delivered to the same address, but they shipped each box separately and added shipping to each box. They appeared to be packaged very well. The berries were in a plastic tray with cups for each berry. This was in a gift box and was lined with foam. The gift box was in a shipping box with more custom fit foam.
I was giving these to my employees for Christmas as none of them had ever had Sherri's Berries and I wanted to give then a treat.
When I opened the first box, I was very disappointed. The berries were very small, misshaped (didn't even look like strawberries), were too small to be locked into the tray cups (were not upright and laying outside the cups), and the stems were cut off. At first glance, they were unattractive, unlike how I remembered them. Where they used to have a thick chocolate base so they sat flat with the decorated side up, the chocolate was thin, stuck to the plastic tray and peeled off as the berries moved around, this left a big hole in the covering adding to the unattractiveness.
Now to eating them. I took one at random and bit into it. The coating was as I remembered it, but the berry was not ripe. So now I am completely disgusted with my purchase and I will have to apologize to my employees.
With shipping, these cost me $50 per dozen. The lowered quality and attention shows what happens when a large corporation takes over a small company and then cares only about profits. Shame on FTD for ruining this fine company.

danas75
12/23/16

First time I've ever used Shari's Berries. A coworker has received them in the past and always have been amazing so I decided to send some to a friend for Christmas. Thank you Shari's Berries for the biggest moment of embarrassment ever! The berries were tiny and not packaged nicely and definitely not what I ordered - patiently awaiting my refund now. Will NOT be using them in the future.

monal30
12/22/16

Ordered gift on 17th of the month for 77 yr. old grandma whose birthday was on 21st. Assured delivery would be on 21st. Not delivered until the 22nd.

mg96
12/21/16

I ordered a gift of strawberries and cookies for a family member. Original price was $39.98. Advertised price was discounted 25% to $29.98. On the screen was a red and white box with an arrow. When I clicked on it, the box expanded with the message "Order now for an extra 25% off orders over $29. Discount automatically applied." (I have the screen shot). The extra 25% off never showed up at checkout. I was told they could only apply one discount per order and that 25% had already been applied. I said the word extra indicates an additional discount. Why would this box be on an ad that was already discounted?
I called customer "service" and had a very difficult time communicating with the agent. I asked to speak with a supervisor and first was told she was busy with several other customers. I was told to call back. I had already been on the phone for a while and said I wasn't going to call back to only go through this all over again. Then I was told that the supervisor wasn't there. I told her she was giving me conflicting information and finally got a supervisor.
The supervisor told me only one discount can apply. When I told her about the EXTRA 25% she told me she was unable to do it with her system, but another department would be able to do it. They would be in contact with me 24-48 hours later to apply the additional discount.
I have now received three emails from ProvideCommerce Customer Care and not one of these emails addresses the on screen offer of an extra 25% discount, and just restates I already had a 25% discount. They invite me to speak with them, but give no phone number. I've asked for contact information but none has been given.
The additional discount is only $7.50. It is not the money that is the issue but rather the false advertising and their unwillingness to address the situation.

pauld191
12/21/16

2 dozen Strawberries cost $80.00 Then another $80.00 for shipping!!! Last time I ever buy their product again!

jeffp69
12/21/16

To whom it may or may not concern,
I am completely disappointed and frankly embarrassed by the sad product that I received. I have had the opportunity to enjoy your strawberries several times in the past and they have always been large, succulent, and delicious. It was for that reason that I ordered a dozen for my mother. I could not stop bragging about how good they are, and how much she was going to enjoy them. Needless to say, she was excited.
When we opened the box to find small to average size strawberries my first reaction was to apologize to my mom for getting her hopes up. She was still excited, as they still looked appetizing. Then she bit into one and it was still green.... GREEN?!?! What's that say about your feelings toward your customers? Do you fully expect to completely disappoint and yet retain return customers?
Anyway, thanks for allowing me to pay top dollar for a mediocre, at best, product.

12 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Shari's Berries staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question