Review of Shari's Berries

Tel: 1-877-237-7437
wecare@customercare.berries.com

tronicp
1/8/19

So I got taken in again. Needed to send a nice fresh gift package to a friend and total order was $63 final checkout was $122!!! Why? They pile on extra shipping. I chose standard shipping on $15 another $17 plus and additional $4.99 x2 (one for each order) for so called overnight delivery for places with hot weather. Which I didn't ask for, which you can not elect out of. I do not know why customers are charged shipping prices for each selected product even if they are going to a single address. I got on teh phone with Sheri's Berries and they sold me a sells pitch and routed me to a coupon site to get additional discount. Basically that doesn't work, you have to clear the cart and start over. I did that for each coupon offer to see which at the end would be cheaper. Basically, it all comes down to the same value unless you downgrade your products. I am so upset. This is not quality, this is a rip off!

jessicaw359
1/4/19

This review isn't about the berries themselves but about how this company price gouges customers based on the coupon they apply to their order. I tested this by using a regular browser and an incognito browser. I thought that I would save money by purchasing a $15 voucher for $30 Groupon gift code for the berries but indeed I did NOT. I first tested it by only adding a dz strawberries to see the price and shipping. The shipping was $12.99 plus $4.99 for "Hot Weather delivery". Which by the way, its winter where I live and I have never heard of this fee before when my fiance has used this company. $18 for shipping is outrageous! So then I tried incognito browser with my groupon and the shipping changed to $14.99 plus $4.99 hot weather shipping fee. So no matter which was you try to save they will adjust the shipping fee's to compensate. I called SB customer service and they offered me a $4 discount and couldn't explain why their site adjusts prices. I will never order from this company again and I will make sure my friends know about this. $40 for 12 strawberries is what I just paid.. never again.

alanh225
1/4/19

Ordered on Line when I went to confirm the order the doubled it billed it twice still trying to receive refund

moniquem49
1/3/19

I ordered a dozen strawberries for Christmas, 2018 and when they arrived ( a day earlier than requested) the strawberries were super small, were of poor quality, and the chocolate was broken off the strawberries so I could not serve them to my guests. This transaction cost me $65.00 and when I complained I received an email that they were sorry and would give me 30% off a future order. What?! You should have refunded me 30% off my FAILED order, not expect me to buy more from you. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PRODUCTS!! Save yourself the expense and buy something else to serve. I could have done a better job making them myself.

joyb108
1/3/19

I ordered my best friend over a decade a dozen for her birthday in 2018 and not only did they arrive late but they were all melted and the box was completely soggy and wet. the strawberries were all old and nasty and brown. She waited 2 extra days for disgusting strawberries. On top of it i emailed sherries berries and never herd back from them and never got a refund !!!! I paid for deadly disgusting expired strawberries!! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!

lorraineb95
1/2/19

I received a box of one dozen Shari's Berries for my 90th birthday, January 1, 2019. The berries were green and the cores and tops were black. I called your customer service number and asked for a coupon for some other article in your gift line. Your agent said there are no coupons so she is sending a replacement order. I will not eat these inferior berries and will advise others to never order them. Perhaps it is not the time of year for San Diego berries. Please send a replacement COUPON. L.Myers, Order #330799744358-1

mc540
1/1/19

I ordered an assortment of strawberries on 21dec18. Had it scheduled for delivery on the 31dec18 for my Anniversary on the 1st. So my order didn't even ship till the 27th and went ground from UPS. Have been watching tracking at it has been sitting in UPS warehouse since the 28th. it is now the 1st and says it will no be delivered till the 3rd. I Bet my Strawberries are going to be so delicious ( NOT). I will never order from them again. They sent me a coupon for 30% off as well after I called and they refund money back.
I ordered Flowers from somewhere else and they arrived a day earlier than expected.

I just want you to keep in mind I live in Las Vegas, NV order says shipped from San Diego area.

bethh156
12/30/18

I have ordered Shari's Berries a few times in the past years. Never had a problem always the best. I thought let's do it again this year. I have never been so disappointed! Some of the strawberries were beginning to rot. They had a horrible smell! They were all different sizes even though we were not able to eat them! Spent what I thought was way to much money but hey it was the holidays. NEVER again! I will take my money and shop locally. So do not waste your money!

stephanier289
12/29/18

I made an order thinking I would get the discount. My order was $457 and no shipping or sales discount was issued at checkout. I called support and they told me to go ahead and proceed and they would issue a manual credit, even resent an updated email of the total. My PayPal was charged the $457 incorrect amount. Called customer support was the biggest nightmare I have ever experienced. They say they will credit my the shipping discount so we will see. I've order from here various times and every single time the shipping charges advertised are NOT whats charged. Up charges like weekend and rural charges are heavy.

robyna17
12/27/18

Warning: Do not order from this company... first of all the people that take your order are over in the Philippines and can't get an order straight... they sent a disturbing message with mine and all the berries were broken and warm... never again

kathyp192
12/22/18

These are awful. Pretty to look at, but they're mushy, tart and not worth giving or receiving. When they arrived they were well packed, I think the quality of berries are unacceptable.

nancye110
12/22/18

Called 3 times about an order and could not understand one word. I asked for a supervisor and she said they did not have one then hung up. Called again and she said that sold out of what was supposed to be delivered. 3rd call said that I dont exist in their system. Then I keep saying are you there. Then without any tracking information she said it was delivered. I will never use them again

donnas593
12/22/18

We received chocolate covered strawberries as a gift and they arrived mushy; broken and smelled moldy. The berries were very small and had leaked down into the box. Trashed them. I can't believe the FDA allows SB to continue as this is a health issue.

haileys19
12/21/18

If I could give this review zero stars I would in a heart beat they were like fermented and smelled really bad half of the chocolate was broken off. No one would even eat them because they smelled horrendous. NEVER BUY THESE we we're worried we we're gonna get sick

gregj125
12/21/18

Began to make an order, found a few sites that enabled some discounts, and ended up with a total of $80. After entering all of my information, the final screen had me paying a total of $122. Shipping and Taxes tacked on an extra $42. I ended up sending my wife Tiff's Treats and only spent $50. Don't get excited about your total, until you get the to final screen.

johnd2177
12/20/18

I received these as a Christmas gift. I was hugely excited.....until I was hugely disappointed! The chocolate was not attached to the berries. These were sooo below expectation. I'm not even sure I trust eating the berries by themselves. The chocolatte....No way! I get it's the holiday season but this is ridiculous. People pay good money to send a quality package. I must say I would not send this .....Whatever to my ex-wife. Very sad. Even at the holiday, especially at the holiday, this is a major disappointment. I did give this mess one star only because zero stars is not an option!

lisam931
12/20/18

I ordered my 74 year old mother a chocolate cake for her birthday. I placed my order on December 11 for delivery on December 19th. On the 17th I received notification that the cake was on its way. Imagine my surprise to find out on the evening of her birthday the cake did not arrive. I checked the tracking and it was scheduled for today December 20th. I called with my dissatisfaction only to be refunded the exorbitant shipping fee I paid. I will never shop with them or their sister companies (pro flowers etc) again.

codyj100
12/20/18

First they over charged me for shipping. Apparently they don't realize that standard shipping doesn't usually mean a hidden fee of 16 dollars. On top of that they charged me a weird RURAL area shipping fee that I've never seen in my entire life. Finally the berries showed up looking like tiny chocolate covered cherries. Looks NOTHING like the wonderful pictures on their site. TOTAL RIP OFF!!

kellys439
12/19/18

I had a $10 gift card from Groupon. Only stipulation was order had to be minimum of $30 bucks. Shari Berries had a deal of 10 dipped cherries and a dozen strawberries for $30 bucks and then I would have to pay shipping which was $14.99. Well I tried to order 2 of the groupons for myself and two other as gifts. But Shari Berries made a stipulation that Groupon gift cards could not be used towards a purchase for their Groupon. Too bad for them. They just lost the other $110 from the order cause they wouldn't accept my $10 GIFT CARD from Groupon. And lost out on the extra shipping cost too cause I know they get a small profit off that too. So Harry and David or Edible Arrangements will be getting the orders. And moving forward will be getting ALL my future orders.

elizabethi29
12/18/18

No matter how good Shari's Berri's products are they are a complete " RIP OFF" company when it comes to the shipping fees! BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE! Not only do they have a super high shipping fee they also have a weekend fee, a rural fee, basicly an up your ass fee!
Save your money and buy from a locally owned business in your area or the area you are sending the gift!

natalies178
12/12/18

I spent $1,187.61 on a large order of Shari's Berries for various clients. The online order process was terrible, but I went ahead and moved forward with placing the order. No one in customer service speaks good English. You cannot understand a word they are saying. The order came to me partially completed, some items were incorrect, and all nearly all of the individualized messages were incorrect. Also, one of the boxes that was supposed to be filled with 1 dozen strawberries was completely missing a strawberry. There were so many issues with this order, I don't even know where to begin. I tried calling the help number for help/ assistance twice. I asked to be transferred to someone who could speak good English, and the person on the other line would not transfer me. I don't think they understand what my problem is, and their English is so broken and bad that I cannot understand the questions they are asking me.

The product is very good, but the customer service, online order process and order fulfillment is terrible.

janec136
12/11/18

I got a coupon from Hello Fresh and went to try to redeem it only to notice fine print indicating that shipping might be $15 minimum which is outrageous. The site itself refuses to give even a price range of shipping info without me divulging personal information, and the chat agent was unwilling to provide any info without me going through all the hassle of adding an item to my cart and giving up my personal info. Furthermore I was teased with an offer for 25% off if I registered for their email and tried to do it only to find out that Hello Fresh had already registered me without my permission, and thus I was un-eligible for the discount. Really shady

marionf33
12/11/18

Wanted to send 7 gifts to 7 business associates. The addresses would not be accepted even when choosing one of their recommended addresses!! When you call you get someone off shore who can not understand or respond to your question, and cannot be understood.

mariah284
12/8/18

I received a flyer in the regular mail. 25% off and the discount would be applied at check out. I was ordering $300 worth of products. After the tediously long ordering process was complete, it did not give me the discount. I think they hope you go ahead and place the order without the discount. Called the phone number to question/complain. They would not give me the discount despite it being a valid date and coupon. Called again with same result. Both customer service representatives spoke poor English. Will NEVER EVER order from this company.

gregl186
12/7/18

If you are looking for a gift for someone, I would go somewhere other than Shari's Berries. I was so pleased to read some of the reviews to see that they are just not great. it wasn't just me. ordering online was painful, slow and was like medieval torture.

I was a potential customer and I was on the phone with them for 30 minutes trying to cancel and order because I didn't do my homework. So I don't think they really want to improve. You? The lady on the phone kept me on hold and kept asking the same thing over and over and over. They need to close. They are just taking peoples money and not worried about satisfaction.

By JODY K.

Questions? Get answers from the Shari's Berries staff and other customers.

Shari's Berries?