US Government’s NSF

48 West 38th St
New York, NY 10018, USA
Tel: 1-888-579-5910
support@beenverified.com
Start searching our billions of records!
Learn More

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

christopherr76
1/10/17

Only wanted to find long lost contact. Already had the old information. All they had was an address, phone and spouse that was 14 years out of date. Nothing up to date for the one person. I emailed request to discontinue any further charges to my card. Got a quick reply saying no more charges but did not offer refund of excessive charge. On this one search, it was useless!

sidneyl7
12/29/16

All the report had was contacts of people he might be related to including someone who has been dead for 20 years. Total waste of money

bobd44
12/13/16

I ordered their trial $1.00, 5 day trial subscription. They state cancel within 5 days To STOP by phone or email. I emailed them the 2nd day to cancel subscription. Then 5 days after email they take $25.47 out of my PayPal account. I emailed again. I'm still waiting for the $25.47 refund. Also, the company is a total ripoff in the first place. The one day I did try their service - they want more money for anything really needed. Very misleading information.

paur
12/5/16

BeenVerified is one of the best sites that provides accurate info and they have the best customer service. If you have a question, concern or any matter, just email them and they will take care of you right away.

I have been using BeenVerified for a while and just get the once time membership when needed.

jerryb94
12/4/16

I have used been verified a few times now and have always been very impressed with how accurate the information has been and how well it is laid out. Their customer service is fast, effective and courteous! I look forward to using them again in the future!

richardr138
12/3/16

I signed up to get a single background check. Since they had a monthly fee structure I assumed it would be like pulling teeth to get them to cancel it and I was mentally prepared to do battle.

You can imagine my surprise when I got a friendly reply nearly immediately fulfilling my request to my complete satisfaction. I guess I have to put away my pitchfork...

tinav14
12/1/16

I was running a check on a known sex offender and realized there is no information on him. I sent an email to find out why. I got a response that stated if I want current information I must use a court runner to get this info and it will be extra. This site is useless.

Being charged every month for information that is not relevant to today is just not right. Had I known this before I signed up I would have NEVER done it. I could go to the court website in the state the person is in and find the information I need for free.

aminm6
11/24/16

a great website, it helped me to find my dearest after two years

michaelg274
11/10/16

As it turns out, BeenVerified, is not for me. i immediatly emailed and cancelled so that i would not be charged the monthly fee. I am amazed(!) how quickly they responded...Just as immediate , they cancelled and assured no further charges. Amazing AMAZING company. Amazing customer service. i have since gotten two more emails to be sure i was satisfied. Thank you guys for being legit!

cherylm105
11/6/16

This is a service you can use for a small amount of money to get a large amount of information. I Will use it again.

raymondh45
10/26/16

Had problems initially with the site but lately it has been working great.I have data verified by individuals who I searched for.The data retrieved from the site was accurate in many cases.

robertp220
10/22/16

MOST of the information was correct, but was missing a majority of the information. I ran a check on self so i know what should have been there.I have two misdemeanor offenses on my record, but it said i have nothing on my criminal background, so this was in accurate (unless they only check for felony offenses) It had most of my address history, however it had a lot of addresses i have never lived at or used. It has me listed as related to Manny many people that i am not related to. It listed many email dresses that i have never heard of. it told me i had no judgments or liens against me, which i have one.also tried looking up my ex- wife and her information was wrong as well. and when it came to bankruptcies, judgments and liens, it makes you pay an additional 10 bucks on top of what you already paid to ................... in my opinion this is defiantly a rip-off. buyer beware.

Tip for consumers: don't use this site

kp78
10/13/16

As soon as I purchased a membership, I looked up a couple sex offenders in my area (via Megan's Law website) just to test this app before really trusting it. BeenVerified failed to find a criminal record on the sex offenders I looked up. This is public information readily available. If BeenVerified's search engines cannot detect this, it a useless service. VERY disappointed!

I cancelled my service same day and was refunded after expressing my concern; however, they were not interested in my concern for public safety and would not forward me to anyone who could look into linking the public sex offender database to their BeenVerified search engines.

sherryb48
10/10/16

I asked if we could use this service to find information on an uninsured driver who hit our car & was told that would be an acceptable reason; so we found her but unfortunately no information that we didn't already know about this person. While we had the trial membership, I searched myself & other family members, in which I found some errors; however the site offers a link to report errors, so I have no complaints about the peoplelooker site. The customer service reps are very professional & extremely friendly! The only reason I gave it a 4-star instead of a 5-star was because of my initial reason for the search, which showed less than I already knew about that person; but considering this at-fault driver is apparently known for deceit, I am not really surprised at the findings.

joed118
10/2/16

the person i looked up is someone i know well. the initial information provided (before you pay their fee) included incorrect middle name (she doesn't have one), people reported as family members that she does not know, and places she lived where she has not lived (and some not even visited). the only thing completely correct was her age. i can't help but wonder how the information was "verified". i would not trust their information for someone i did not know if it has this many errors for someone i do know (and can "verify").

Tip for consumers: use another site.

bruceg44
9/21/16

Easy to use

barbarak67
9/15/16

I have had a little trouble updating my card.I had received a notice and immediately go it on it however something didn't take right. I emailed with them my concerns and you know they were so nice and their courtesy as well as understanding what the problem was and actually helped me get the darn thing updated. A big thank you to the staff at been verified. I truly enjoy using this site to check on addresses,date and animal / house sitters. Thankyou to the staff for understanding my disability, as I do suffer from a traumatic brain injury which leaves me in a memory fog. They totally understood and were very honest and together our cooperation got the problem fixed,updated,and well on my way. Thankyou

dougk23
9/8/16

We used it to check the backgrounds of caregivers for my dying father. Found great people and were comforted that we knew they had no criminal histories. I'd recommend "been verified" to anyone. Thank you. Doug

donaldb74
9/3/16

I was charged on my Credit Card for another 3 months subscription. I emaiedl customer service for a refund and cancellation of service. The response was done quickly.

phyllish17
8/26/16

I recently met someone on eHarmony and used been verified to confirm their identity and to check them out. We are still involved and looks good for the future. I would highly recommend the site especially for anyone who is doing online dating. I also used this site to find out about some con artist that had contacted me through Christian mingle. Well worth the money.

nathana115
8/25/16

I signed up for the 99 cent 7 day trial I called within the 7 days and canceled but apparently they did not cancel it and carved me for about a year and a half save yourself the stress and money DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS SITE

robinp57
8/13/16

The free, nomonal fee, trial period was a great idea! I was able to get accurate information quickly! I had planned on extendingmy subscription but I just found out I need to move and things things are tight. Retirement income isn't the grestest. After the dust settles I will try to come back!
Oh! And the customer service beats EVERY BODY out there!!!

madana
8/9/16

Excellent, Superb and fine Service.

ritas47
8/4/16

As I had "NEVER" utilized social medias dating sites before, I did join one for a short, very short period of time. I found several of the contacts there to be much less than truthful (lol)!!!... The information gained from beenverified.com most likely saved me much wasted time and I shudder to think what else I could possibly have lost. The services provided me with many avenues to search out the truth, which revealed the untruths. I am most greatful and will use their services again should I need or require such information in the future. Learned my lesson about social media dating sites...will not make that mistake again!

meganc40
8/2/16

I had an account issue and was a little upset. A customer service representative named Melissa was very quick to respond and she was able to fix the entire issue. I am very happy with how well she was able to take care of absolutely everything.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

80 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BeenVerified staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
ninicc
ninic c.
on 11/9/16
Answer
carlas14
Carla S. [BeenVerified Rep]
A: Hi Ninic,
At this time we do not offer the use of our service to customers located outside the U.S. If you are located outside the U.S., you will not be able to sign up for the service or use the service as a customer. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,
on 9/29/16
Answer
carlas14
Carla S. [BeenVerified Rep]
A: BeenVerified's database contains information collected from public records and publicly available data, compiled from thousands of different sources. There is no set date limit on the information. Depending on the individual, we may have addresses that date back 20 or 30 years, while criminal records from that person's state may only be available for the past 7-10 years. Your ability to locate information for a specific individual in our database can be dependent on a number of factors, such as the amount of information collected on that individual by various government and private agencies, and the laws regarding public information in the state where the individual resides.

How current the information is can also depend on how often that person interacts with these kinds of agencies. Have they filled out a change of address form? Applied for a new credit card? Recently purchased a home?

Regarding criminal records, some counties provide records dating back to the 1970s while others only provide records for the past 7 years.

We continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can.
on 9/30/16