Review of BeenVerified

48 West 38th St
New York, NY 10018, USA
Tel: 1-888-579-5910
support@beenverified.com
Billions of records - try searching someone today!
View Now

sabrinay3
7/22/17

Found family members that I was looking for over 30 years and many friends. Info is accurate and up to date

dixief3
7/12/17

Just wanted you to know, your report from last year, I think it was January led us to my husband's daughter whom he hadn't seen since she was 3 yes old. It had been 43 years since he had seen her. She came to a seminar in Ft Worth, TX about a 2 hour drive from us, she lives in Washington State, we only got to see her for a couple of hours but it was wonderful for him as it turned out he passed away two weeks later. Thank you so much for your help in finding Susan she and I stay in touch. Thank you Dixie

ingridb19
7/12/17

Been Verified could not help me with my information search. However, I contacted them and received a response within an hour. They tried to help me and then without hesitation, refunded my money. No headaches, no long periods of silence. I will be happy to work with them again, if the need arises.

tinas135
6/30/17

I signed up to try and find one person. called an canceled immediately because didn't get the info I needed anyway. He said I would have the month for free and he credited my credit card $15 dollars. Gave me one month free, which I did not use and i figured it was done. I have now been charge for the last 3 months. Customer Service was kind enough to credit me one month....$9.99 No a Happy Customer at all and will let everyone I know!
Not sure how people sleep at night having to make money like this.

maryd272
6/25/17

Paid one month to find someone for a legal matter. I got the person's name and 3 cheesy pictures I could get from google for free. The rest: "address not found"; "phone number not found"; relatives not found" etc. they WILL dig deeper if you UPGRADE your membership i.e. Spend more money to find out they've got nothing on the person. Run, don't walk!

lynnl49
6/13/17

why is NONE of your information up to date. Cancel the temporary account immedieatly. This is a total fradu! Shame on you for taking anyones money!

brianb229
5/6/17

First off, I signed up for the one month subscription for $22 and it states "unlimited" searches. After a day of playing with it, I found my account information and it says that I have used 20 of my 30 searches. To me "unlimited" isn't limited to 30. Second off, I did so many searches just to verify that it was good information, which I found out it really isn't. I've had my cell phone number for 17 years and with major carriers like AT&T and Verizon, yet when I searched myself, it didn't list that number. I searched many of my friends and family and found that it didn't have their current phone numbers either, and it's not like they just got a new number. Third, which is the most troubling is, when I searched for mine who did about 10 years in a federal penitentiary for armed bank robbery and has been out for about 5 years, it didn't list any criminal issues with him. I think that this site can give people a false sense of security if you are using it to do an actual background check on any one. The only thing that it was accurate on was in regards to the property searches, but that can be done easily enough by going to the county assessor's website for free.

ricke150
4/17/17

After making a purchase and then contacting the site to make sure if it was not a one time fee, that the service was cancelled after a month and a low and behold I was billed for the service the next month. Being on a budget, The unexpected charge resulted in an additional overdraft fee. Unless one specifically "opts in" to a monthly recurring charge under a specific and informed consent arrangement not otherwise in small print, these sort of charges should be illegal and any Bank fees should be paid by said business.

rhondac24
4/14/17

I used one of their trials and the site was helpful. When I went to cancel the Customer Service Lady was excellent and very nice. All of my requests were honored. They actually did what they said they would and even quicker than they had anticipated (refunds etc...) Because of that I would definitely do business with them again !!!!

lorib100
4/3/17

paid for a month, and did 2 searches. No report shows up. Going to cancel. Will have to go through the hassle of canceling rhe card i used ro pay it with because from what I've read here they like to charge you even after cancelling.

rh1077
3/31/17

if you sign up for free trial they dont let you cancel it
if you sign up for free trial they dont let you cancel it
100if you sign up for free trial they dont let you cancel it
100if you sign up for free trial they dont let you cancel it

kimr105
3/22/17

BeenVerified produces a thorough, accurate report every time. I have used other background check services and I have found BeenVerified to be the most reliable and professional.

wesleys39
3/18/17

Been verified help find a lost family relative that had been missing for over 2 years. It helped us locate and verify his location and even call him. The website is an invaluable service and I will definitely use it again if needed.

billm193
3/17/17

I have used BeenVerified several times over the past few years with excellent and accurate results. Equally important is the fast, friendly professional customer Support. I made a mistake and they corrected it immediately. Could not ask for more!

coolod
3/13/17

it helped me gain info on my stalker so i could report to the cops ... its an amazing website. it gave me info like past criminal records, phone numbers used, convictions, etc.

johng431
1/26/17

Could not find anybody I was looking for and then I tried looking for people I knew and myself and could not even find myself or the self of me I did find showed me in all kinds of places that I never have been

christopherr76
1/10/17

Only wanted to find long lost contact. Already had the old information. All they had was an address, phone and spouse that was 14 years out of date. Nothing up to date for the one person. I emailed request to discontinue any further charges to my card. Got a quick reply saying no more charges but did not offer refund of excessive charge. On this one search, it was useless!

sidneyl7
12/29/16

All the report had was contacts of people he might be related to including someone who has been dead for 20 years. Total waste of money

bobd44
12/13/16

I ordered their trial $1.00, 5 day trial subscription. They state cancel within 5 days To STOP by phone or email. I emailed them the 2nd day to cancel subscription. Then 5 days after email they take $25.47 out of my PayPal account. I emailed again. I'm still waiting for the $25.47 refund. Also, the company is a total ripoff in the first place. The one day I did try their service - they want more money for anything really needed. Very misleading information.

paur
12/5/16

BeenVerified is one of the best sites that provides accurate info and they have the best customer service. If you have a question, concern or any matter, just email them and they will take care of you right away.

I have been using BeenVerified for a while and just get the once time membership when needed.

jerryb94
12/4/16

I have used been verified a few times now and have always been very impressed with how accurate the information has been and how well it is laid out. Their customer service is fast, effective and courteous! I look forward to using them again in the future!

richardr138
12/3/16

I signed up to get a single background check. Since they had a monthly fee structure I assumed it would be like pulling teeth to get them to cancel it and I was mentally prepared to do battle.

You can imagine my surprise when I got a friendly reply nearly immediately fulfilling my request to my complete satisfaction. I guess I have to put away my pitchfork...

tinav14
12/1/16

I was running a check on a known sex offender and realized there is no information on him. I sent an email to find out why. I got a response that stated if I want current information I must use a court runner to get this info and it will be extra. This site is useless.

Being charged every month for information that is not relevant to today is just not right. Had I known this before I signed up I would have NEVER done it. I could go to the court website in the state the person is in and find the information I need for free.

aminm6
11/24/16

a great website, it helped me to find my dearest after two years

michaelg274
11/10/16

As it turns out, BeenVerified, is not for me. i immediatly emailed and cancelled so that i would not be charged the monthly fee. I am amazed(!) how quickly they responded...Just as immediate , they cancelled and assured no further charges. Amazing AMAZING company. Amazing customer service. i have since gotten two more emails to be sure i was satisfied. Thank you guys for being legit!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Hi, I ordered an iphone 5s off of refurbished electronics.net and I was wondering if I could get my refund

By Maddy C. on 4/13/16
Helpful answer

Hi George, It has been my experience that BeenVerified provides more information included in your subscription, and requires less additional purchases, than Instant Checkmate, but that is based on only limited experience with their service. One way in which we aim to stand out from the competition is by providing exceptional customer service and being responsive to our customers' needs. The only way for you to be sure of how we compare is by signing up for BeenVerified and finding out for yourself. You can sign up for a limited time, 5-day $1 trial offer here: https://www.beenverified.com/lp/af95e6/4/subscribe We would love to hear your feedback and your comparison. Please contact Customer Care at 888-579-5910 or at support@beenverified.com at your convenience. Best, Carla BeenVerified Customer Care

By Carla S. [BeenVerified Rep] on 3/12/16
Helpful answer

Sorry to see you got caught in that little trap. I would do as suggested asap. There not a bad group but they are an internet group and as much as we hate to look at it that way it's just unforgenent that a great % of it is one way or another going to snag as much and as many of us as they can.it's all about the green. But it sounds like they might be kool and let you free. Take it while you can. And be more careful these are some of the nicer folks you run into on here. Good luck

By Michael H. on 11/17/15
Helpful answer

Sharon - I'm sorry to hear this was your experience with BeenVerified. Please don't hesitate to reach out to Customer Care at 888-579-5810 or at support@beenverified.com if you need assistance cancelling or have further concerns. Phillipa - BeenVerified provides a searchable database of aggregated public records. That data is collected from many, many sources of publicly available information: public records such as mortgage deeds, court records, voter registration etc, as well as sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards, utilities, and more. Because we are dependent on the accuracy of public data, I cannot guarantee that all information you find in a report is 100% accurate or comprehensive. But I can promise you that we constantly update and expand our database to provide the most accurate and up to date information we can. We also offer a feature called AlertME that allows you to monitor reports you've run and receive instant notification whenever we receive new information for that report: a new phone number, a change of address, even new criminal records. Depending on your use case Philippa, I do want to make clear that BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency as defined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act. It is outside our Terms of Service to use BeenVerified for employment background checks or tenant screening, for example. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact BeenVerified Customer Care at 888-579-5810 or at support@beenverified.com. Best, Carla BeenVerified Customer Care

By Carla S. [BeenVerified Rep] on 8/10/15

Scam....don't subscribe

By Ellen N. on 4/24/15
Helpful answer

Hi Lorena, Thanks for reaching out. BeenVerified's mission is to provide easy affordable access to public records, so people can use public data in their everyday lives. Our aim is to make the service as easy to use and affordable as we can. There are costs associated with obtaining the data and integrating that information into easy-to-read reports. Payment is required to sign-up for BeenVerified services. You may want to check out our app for the iPhone or Android. The app is free to install (from the App store and Google Play store). With our apps, you can run people searches to get contact info and more for free, and you have the option of upgrading with a subscription to unlock criminal records and more. Please note that while the app and some basic information is free, full profile results do require a paid account. I hope that helps, but if you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. You can reach us at support@beenverified.com or at 1-888-579-5910.

By Dana C. [BeenVerified Rep] 3 days, 9 hours ago
Helpful answer

Hi Nancy, I'd be happy to assist you with your account. All BeenVerified accounts are recurring subscriptions that continue until cancelled. You can cancel by writing to us via email at support@beenverified.com or giving us a toll free call at 1-888-579-5910. We'll be able to look up your account details and assist you with cancelling your subscription. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything else.

By Dana C. [BeenVerified Rep] 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Helpful answer

Hi Shawn, BeenVerified provides an easily searchable database of aggregated public records. You can search a name on the site to locate addresses, phone numbers, relatives, court records, and much more. You can also run searches on addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. All searches are run by you in your account, once you sign up for an account. If you are interested in signing up, you can view our current pricing here: www.BeenVerified.com/subscribe The results of a Reverse Phone Search can contain caller id data, phone records data, deep web search and more. Typically, we are able to provide the name of the owner and his or her address, in the full phone report. When you search a number, we do not provide texts sent or received by that number, or call logs for the number. We do not provide the physical location of the phone itself, such as with GPS tracking etc. The information in our reports comes from public records and this information is not publicly available data. I hope that helps but if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at support@beenverified or 1-888-579-5910.

By Dana C. [BeenVerified Rep] on 5/25/17
Helpful answer

Hi Culver, When you run a People Search on an individual in BeenVerified you have the option to upgrade that report to unlock additional information. With a $14.86 report upgrade purchase, you will unlock all sections of the report, to return any additional data we have in the judgments, liens, license and permit categories of the report for that individual, as well as additional phone data we may have for this person. This report upgrade purchase is made per report. We only offer lien upgrade information in People Search reports linked to an individual at this time, we do not include liens on Property Search results. Please let us know if you need any additional assistance or have any more questions. Kind regards, BeenVerified Customer Care support@beenverified.com 888-579-5910

By Dana C. [BeenVerified Rep] on 5/23/17
Helpful answer

Hi David, Please contact support@beenverified.com or give us a call at 1-888-579-5910. Let us know the email address or Member ID for your account when you contact us, and we'll be able to look up your account and better assist you. Kind regards, BeenVerified Customer Care support@beenverified.com 888-579-5910

By Dana C. [BeenVerified Rep] on 5/2/17
Questions? Get answers from the BeenVerified staff and other customers.

3 Photos for BeenVerified