Review of BeenVerified

48 West 38th St
New York, NY 10018, USA
Tel: 1-888-579-5910
support@beenverified.com
Billions of records - try searching someone today!
View Now

colleenp28
9/17/17

I used Been Verified ONCE and after searching for a name, I keep getting pop-ups on my computer about the person I searched for. They don't stop! And when I try to contact them, they ask for a member ID, but I never received a member ID! Then I had to send an email to them to ask them to leave me alone and stop disrupting my work day. Who knows how long it will take before the pop-ups stop! I will never use this site again. All the information you want (come to find out) is available online with a little time spent digging. Been Verified is a waste of money.

carlyc17
9/17/17

I do not like the idea that all somebody needs is a picture of me, or my email address and $1 and they could get my exact location.
This is how people get stalked or even killed.

chriss605
9/4/17

I paid for this subscription yet no matter who or what I searched I received 0 results for all. Not worth it even if free.

kathryns50
8/26/17

I tried BeenVerified to find a loved one who I had lost contact with. I already had more up to date information than BeenVerified gave me! All of the information they had was over 10yrs old! Waste of my time and money!

kadyv1
8/2/17

I used been verified.com to track down my husband's biological father after 35 years. He had a very common last name but I still found him three states away.

michellec237
7/30/17

I am very satisfied with BeenVerified and their Customer Service went above and beyond my expectations. I will recommend them to all my friends.

sabrinay3
7/22/17

Found family members that I was looking for over 30 years and many friends. Info is accurate and up to date

dixief3
7/12/17

Just wanted you to know, your report from last year, I think it was January led us to my husband's daughter whom he hadn't seen since she was 3 yes old. It had been 43 years since he had seen her. She came to a seminar in Ft Worth, TX about a 2 hour drive from us, she lives in Washington State, we only got to see her for a couple of hours but it was wonderful for him as it turned out he passed away two weeks later. Thank you so much for your help in finding Susan she and I stay in touch. Thank you Dixie

ingridb19
7/12/17

Been Verified could not help me with my information search. However, I contacted them and received a response within an hour. They tried to help me and then without hesitation, refunded my money. No headaches, no long periods of silence. I will be happy to work with them again, if the need arises.

tinas135
6/30/17

I signed up to try and find one person. called an canceled immediately because didn't get the info I needed anyway. He said I would have the month for free and he credited my credit card $15 dollars. Gave me one month free, which I did not use and i figured it was done. I have now been charge for the last 3 months. Customer Service was kind enough to credit me one month....$9.99 No a Happy Customer at all and will let everyone I know!
Not sure how people sleep at night having to make money like this.

maryd272
6/25/17

Paid one month to find someone for a legal matter. I got the person's name and 3 cheesy pictures I could get from google for free. The rest: "address not found"; "phone number not found"; relatives not found" etc. they WILL dig deeper if you UPGRADE your membership i.e. Spend more money to find out they've got nothing on the person. Run, don't walk!

lynnl49
6/13/17

why is NONE of your information up to date. Cancel the temporary account immedieatly. This is a total fradu! Shame on you for taking anyones money!

brianb229
5/6/17

First off, I signed up for the one month subscription for $22 and it states "unlimited" searches. After a day of playing with it, I found my account information and it says that I have used 20 of my 30 searches. To me "unlimited" isn't limited to 30. Second off, I did so many searches just to verify that it was good information, which I found out it really isn't. I've had my cell phone number for 17 years and with major carriers like AT&T and Verizon, yet when I searched myself, it didn't list that number. I searched many of my friends and family and found that it didn't have their current phone numbers either, and it's not like they just got a new number. Third, which is the most troubling is, when I searched for mine who did about 10 years in a federal penitentiary for armed bank robbery and has been out for about 5 years, it didn't list any criminal issues with him. I think that this site can give people a false sense of security if you are using it to do an actual background check on any one. The only thing that it was accurate on was in regards to the property searches, but that can be done easily enough by going to the county assessor's website for free.

ricke150
4/17/17

After making a purchase and then contacting the site to make sure if it was not a one time fee, that the service was cancelled after a month and a low and behold I was billed for the service the next month. Being on a budget, The unexpected charge resulted in an additional overdraft fee. Unless one specifically "opts in" to a monthly recurring charge under a specific and informed consent arrangement not otherwise in small print, these sort of charges should be illegal and any Bank fees should be paid by said business.

rhondac24
4/14/17

I used one of their trials and the site was helpful. When I went to cancel the Customer Service Lady was excellent and very nice. All of my requests were honored. They actually did what they said they would and even quicker than they had anticipated (refunds etc...) Because of that I would definitely do business with them again !!!!

lorib100
4/3/17

paid for a month, and did 2 searches. No report shows up. Going to cancel. Will have to go through the hassle of canceling rhe card i used ro pay it with because from what I've read here they like to charge you even after cancelling.

rh1077
3/31/17

if you sign up for free trial they dont let you cancel it
if you sign up for free trial they dont let you cancel it
100if you sign up for free trial they dont let you cancel it
100if you sign up for free trial they dont let you cancel it

kimr105
3/22/17

BeenVerified produces a thorough, accurate report every time. I have used other background check services and I have found BeenVerified to be the most reliable and professional.

wesleys39
3/18/17

Been verified help find a lost family relative that had been missing for over 2 years. It helped us locate and verify his location and even call him. The website is an invaluable service and I will definitely use it again if needed.

billm193
3/17/17

I have used BeenVerified several times over the past few years with excellent and accurate results. Equally important is the fast, friendly professional customer Support. I made a mistake and they corrected it immediately. Could not ask for more!

coolod
3/13/17

it helped me gain info on my stalker so i could report to the cops ... its an amazing website. it gave me info like past criminal records, phone numbers used, convictions, etc.

johng431
1/26/17

Could not find anybody I was looking for and then I tried looking for people I knew and myself and could not even find myself or the self of me I did find showed me in all kinds of places that I never have been

christopherr76
1/10/17

Only wanted to find long lost contact. Already had the old information. All they had was an address, phone and spouse that was 14 years out of date. Nothing up to date for the one person. I emailed request to discontinue any further charges to my card. Got a quick reply saying no more charges but did not offer refund of excessive charge. On this one search, it was useless!

sidneyl7
12/29/16

All the report had was contacts of people he might be related to including someone who has been dead for 20 years. Total waste of money

bobd44
12/13/16

I ordered their trial $1.00, 5 day trial subscription. They state cancel within 5 days To STOP by phone or email. I emailed them the 2nd day to cancel subscription. Then 5 days after email they take $25.47 out of my PayPal account. I emailed again. I'm still waiting for the $25.47 refund. Also, the company is a total ripoff in the first place. The one day I did try their service - they want more money for anything really needed. Very misleading information.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Hi, I ordered an iphone 5s off of refurbished electronics.net and I was wondering if I could get my refund

By Maddy C. on 4/13/16
Helpful answer

Hi George, It has been my experience that BeenVerified provides more information included in your subscription, and requires less additional purchases, than Instant Checkmate, but that is based on only limited experience with their service. One way in which we aim to stand out from the competition is by providing exceptional customer service and being responsive to our customers' needs. The only way for you to be sure of how we compare is by signing up for BeenVerified and finding out for yourself. You can sign up for a limited time, 5-day $1 trial offer here: https://www.beenverified.com/lp/af95e6/4/subscribe We would love to hear your feedback and your comparison. Please contact Customer Care at 888-579-5910 or at support@beenverified.com at your convenience. Best, Carla BeenVerified Customer Care

By Carla S. [BeenVerified Rep] on 3/12/16
Helpful answer

Sorry to see you got caught in that little trap. I would do as suggested asap. There not a bad group but they are an internet group and as much as we hate to look at it that way it's just unforgenent that a great % of it is one way or another going to snag as much and as many of us as they can.it's all about the green. But it sounds like they might be kool and let you free. Take it while you can. And be more careful these are some of the nicer folks you run into on here. Good luck

By Michael H. on 11/17/15
Helpful answer

Sharon - I'm sorry to hear this was your experience with BeenVerified. Please don't hesitate to reach out to Customer Care at 888-579-5810 or at support@beenverified.com if you need assistance cancelling or have further concerns. Phillipa - BeenVerified provides a searchable database of aggregated public records. That data is collected from many, many sources of publicly available information: public records such as mortgage deeds, court records, voter registration etc, as well as sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards, utilities, and more. Because we are dependent on the accuracy of public data, I cannot guarantee that all information you find in a report is 100% accurate or comprehensive. But I can promise you that we constantly update and expand our database to provide the most accurate and up to date information we can. We also offer a feature called AlertME that allows you to monitor reports you've run and receive instant notification whenever we receive new information for that report: a new phone number, a change of address, even new criminal records. Depending on your use case Philippa, I do want to make clear that BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency as defined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act. It is outside our Terms of Service to use BeenVerified for employment background checks or tenant screening, for example. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact BeenVerified Customer Care at 888-579-5810 or at support@beenverified.com. Best, Carla BeenVerified Customer Care

By Carla S. [BeenVerified Rep] on 8/10/15

Scam....don't subscribe

By Ellen N. on 4/24/15
Helpful answer

Hi Irene, BeenVerified is a website that provides a searchable database of aggregated public records. You can search a name on the site to locate addresses, phone numbers, relatives, court records, and much more. You can also run searches on addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. All searches are run by you in your account, once you sign up for an account. Our service does not allow you to track an individuals location in real time, but can provide past and current addresses associated with a person. If you are interested in signing up, you can view our current pricing here: www.BeenVerified.com/subscribe I hope that helps but if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.

By Dana C. [BeenVerified Rep] on 8/5/17
Helpful answer

Hi Ann, You can email us at support@beenverified.com and we would love to hear your feedback on your experience contacting customer support. You can also provide us with a review of our customer support here on Sitejabber. If you have any additional questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact us at 888-579-5910 or at support@beenverified.com. Thanks! Carla

By Carla S. [BeenVerified Rep] on 8/3/17
Helpful answer

Hi Betty, Based on what you are describing, it sounds like you may be calling a different toll-free number. You can contact BeenVerified Customer Support at 888-579-5910 or at support@beenverified.com and we can assist you with cancelling your account. Please note that we are not associated or connected with the phone number 1-800-579-5910 - that is not our toll-free number. I have tried calling that number myself, after hearing a few other customers describe the same issue you described, and this 1-800 phone number never announces the name of the company you are calling, and they play a long list of advertisements etc. Please be assured that when you call BeenVerified Customer Support at 888-579-5910, you will hear right away that you have called BeenVerified. The only options you should hear are to press 1 to cancel, or press 2 for technical support or other questions. You are then prompted to provide your 9-digit member id number (found in your account and in your Welcome New Member email), so that we can quickly locate your account and provide you with assistance. You should not hear any ads or promos, etc, when calling 888-579-5910. I hope this helps, but if you would prefer, please feel free to email us at support@beenverified.com if you are having any trouble reaching us by phone. Kind regards, Carla BeenVerified Customer Support

By Carla S. [BeenVerified Rep] on 8/3/17
Helpful answer

Hi Lorena, Thanks for reaching out. BeenVerified's mission is to provide easy affordable access to public records, so people can use public data in their everyday lives. Our aim is to make the service as easy to use and affordable as we can. There are costs associated with obtaining the data and integrating that information into easy-to-read reports. Payment is required to sign-up for BeenVerified services. You may want to check out our app for the iPhone or Android. The app is free to install (from the App store and Google Play store). With our apps, you can run people searches to get contact info and more for free, and you have the option of upgrading with a subscription to unlock criminal records and more. Please note that while the app and some basic information is free, full profile results do require a paid account. I hope that helps, but if you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. You can reach us at support@beenverified.com or at 1-888-579-5910.

By Dana C. [BeenVerified Rep] on 7/19/17
Helpful answer

Hi Nancy, I'd be happy to assist you with your account. All BeenVerified accounts are recurring subscriptions that continue until cancelled. You can cancel by writing to us via email at support@beenverified.com or giving us a toll free call at 1-888-579-5910. We'll be able to look up your account details and assist you with cancelling your subscription. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything else.

By Dana C. [BeenVerified Rep] on 7/5/17
Questions? Get answers from the BeenVerified staff and other customers.

3 Photos for BeenVerified