Review of BeenVerified

48 West 38th St
New York, NY 10018, USA
Tel: 1-888-579-5910
support@beenverified.com
Billions of records - try searching someone today!
View Now

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

kimr105
3/22/17

BeenVerified produces a thorough, accurate report every time. I have used other background check services and I have found BeenVerified to be the most reliable and professional.

wesleys39
3/18/17

Been verified help find a lost family relative that had been missing for over 2 years. It helped us locate and verify his location and even call him. The website is an invaluable service and I will definitely use it again if needed.

billm193
3/17/17

I have used BeenVerified several times over the past few years with excellent and accurate results. Equally important is the fast, friendly professional customer Support. I made a mistake and they corrected it immediately. Could not ask for more!

coolod
3/13/17

it helped me gain info on my stalker so i could report to the cops ... its an amazing website. it gave me info like past criminal records, phone numbers used, convictions, etc.

johng431
1/26/17

Could not find anybody I was looking for and then I tried looking for people I knew and myself and could not even find myself or the self of me I did find showed me in all kinds of places that I never have been

christopherr76
1/10/17

Only wanted to find long lost contact. Already had the old information. All they had was an address, phone and spouse that was 14 years out of date. Nothing up to date for the one person. I emailed request to discontinue any further charges to my card. Got a quick reply saying no more charges but did not offer refund of excessive charge. On this one search, it was useless!

sidneyl7
12/29/16

All the report had was contacts of people he might be related to including someone who has been dead for 20 years. Total waste of money

bobd44
12/13/16

I ordered their trial $1.00, 5 day trial subscription. They state cancel within 5 days To STOP by phone or email. I emailed them the 2nd day to cancel subscription. Then 5 days after email they take $25.47 out of my PayPal account. I emailed again. I'm still waiting for the $25.47 refund. Also, the company is a total ripoff in the first place. The one day I did try their service - they want more money for anything really needed. Very misleading information.

paur
12/5/16

BeenVerified is one of the best sites that provides accurate info and they have the best customer service. If you have a question, concern or any matter, just email them and they will take care of you right away.

I have been using BeenVerified for a while and just get the once time membership when needed.

jerryb94
12/4/16

I have used been verified a few times now and have always been very impressed with how accurate the information has been and how well it is laid out. Their customer service is fast, effective and courteous! I look forward to using them again in the future!

richardr138
12/3/16

I signed up to get a single background check. Since they had a monthly fee structure I assumed it would be like pulling teeth to get them to cancel it and I was mentally prepared to do battle.

You can imagine my surprise when I got a friendly reply nearly immediately fulfilling my request to my complete satisfaction. I guess I have to put away my pitchfork...

tinav14
12/1/16

I was running a check on a known sex offender and realized there is no information on him. I sent an email to find out why. I got a response that stated if I want current information I must use a court runner to get this info and it will be extra. This site is useless.

Being charged every month for information that is not relevant to today is just not right. Had I known this before I signed up I would have NEVER done it. I could go to the court website in the state the person is in and find the information I need for free.

aminm6
11/24/16

a great website, it helped me to find my dearest after two years

michaelg274
11/10/16

As it turns out, BeenVerified, is not for me. i immediatly emailed and cancelled so that i would not be charged the monthly fee. I am amazed(!) how quickly they responded...Just as immediate , they cancelled and assured no further charges. Amazing AMAZING company. Amazing customer service. i have since gotten two more emails to be sure i was satisfied. Thank you guys for being legit!

cherylm105
11/6/16

This is a service you can use for a small amount of money to get a large amount of information. I Will use it again.

raymondh45
10/26/16

Had problems initially with the site but lately it has been working great.I have data verified by individuals who I searched for.The data retrieved from the site was accurate in many cases.

robertp220
10/22/16

MOST of the information was correct, but was missing a majority of the information. I ran a check on self so i know what should have been there.I have two misdemeanor offenses on my record, but it said i have nothing on my criminal background, so this was in accurate (unless they only check for felony offenses) It had most of my address history, however it had a lot of addresses i have never lived at or used. It has me listed as related to Manny many people that i am not related to. It listed many email dresses that i have never heard of. it told me i had no judgments or liens against me, which i have one.also tried looking up my ex- wife and her information was wrong as well. and when it came to bankruptcies, judgments and liens, it makes you pay an additional 10 bucks on top of what you already paid to ................... in my opinion this is defiantly a rip-off. buyer beware.

Tip for consumers: don't use this site

kp78
10/13/16

As soon as I purchased a membership, I looked up a couple sex offenders in my area (via Megan's Law website) just to test this app before really trusting it. BeenVerified failed to find a criminal record on the sex offenders I looked up. This is public information readily available. If BeenVerified's search engines cannot detect this, it a useless service. VERY disappointed!

I cancelled my service same day and was refunded after expressing my concern; however, they were not interested in my concern for public safety and would not forward me to anyone who could look into linking the public sex offender database to their BeenVerified search engines.

sherryb48
10/10/16

I asked if we could use this service to find information on an uninsured driver who hit our car & was told that would be an acceptable reason; so we found her but unfortunately no information that we didn't already know about this person. While we had the trial membership, I searched myself & other family members, in which I found some errors; however the site offers a link to report errors, so I have no complaints about the peoplelooker site. The customer service reps are very professional & extremely friendly! The only reason I gave it a 4-star instead of a 5-star was because of my initial reason for the search, which showed less than I already knew about that person; but considering this at-fault driver is apparently known for deceit, I am not really surprised at the findings.

joed118
10/2/16

the person i looked up is someone i know well. the initial information provided (before you pay their fee) included incorrect middle name (she doesn't have one), people reported as family members that she does not know, and places she lived where she has not lived (and some not even visited). the only thing completely correct was her age. i can't help but wonder how the information was "verified". i would not trust their information for someone i did not know if it has this many errors for someone i do know (and can "verify").

Tip for consumers: use another site.

bruceg44
9/21/16

Easy to use

barbarak67
9/15/16

I have had a little trouble updating my card.I had received a notice and immediately go it on it however something didn't take right. I emailed with them my concerns and you know they were so nice and their courtesy as well as understanding what the problem was and actually helped me get the darn thing updated. A big thank you to the staff at been verified. I truly enjoy using this site to check on addresses,date and animal / house sitters. Thankyou to the staff for understanding my disability, as I do suffer from a traumatic brain injury which leaves me in a memory fog. They totally understood and were very honest and together our cooperation got the problem fixed,updated,and well on my way. Thankyou

dougk23
9/8/16

We used it to check the backgrounds of caregivers for my dying father. Found great people and were comforted that we knew they had no criminal histories. I'd recommend "been verified" to anyone. Thank you. Doug

donaldb74
9/3/16

I was charged on my Credit Card for another 3 months subscription. I emaiedl customer service for a refund and cancellation of service. The response was done quickly.

phyllish17
8/26/16

I recently met someone on eHarmony and used been verified to confirm their identity and to check them out. We are still involved and looks good for the future. I would highly recommend the site especially for anyone who is doing online dating. I also used this site to find out about some con artist that had contacted me through Christian mingle. Well worth the money.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

82 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BeenVerified staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
larisac2
Larisa C.
1 day, 11 hours ago
Answer
danac59
Dana C. [BeenVerified Rep]
A: Hi Larisa,

Thanks for reaching out. BeenVerified's mission is to provide easy affordable access to public records, so people can use public data in their everyday lives.

If you're interested in trying out the service, you can access a special $1 trial offer here: https://www.beenverified.com/lp/32fc4f/5/subscribe

Please note that you must contact us via phone or email to cancel your trial before the end of the 5 days if you do not want to be billed for a full subscription.

Or you may want to check out our app for the iPhone or Android. The app is free to install (from the App store and Google Play store). With our apps, you can run unlimited people searches to get contact info and more, for free and you have the option of upgrading with a subscription to unlock criminal records and more.

I hope that helps, but if you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
Answer
danac59
Dana C. [BeenVerified Rep]
A: Hi Alton,

BeenVerified is a website that provides a searchable database of aggregated public records. You can search a name on the site to locate addresses, phone numbers, relatives, court records, and much more. You can also run searches on addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. All searches are run by you in your account, once you sign up for an account.

If you are interested in signing up, you can view our current pricing here: www.BeenVerified.com/subscribe

I hope that helps but if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,