Review of BeenVerified

48 West 38th St
New York, NY 10018, USA
Tel: 1-888-579-5910
support@beenverified.com
Billions of records - try searching someone today!
View Now

maryh371
11/13/17

No matter who I searched I get 0 results. I am very disappointed. I feel like I have wasted my time and money on this website.

janel313
11/7/17

Saying my email doesn't exisist when I tried to cancel yet there were two charges to my account. I want the charges off.

ml185
10/16/17

After a LENGTHLY process this website says they have found multiple files of info on the person inquired about. Then ask to click a button to retrieve the files BUT then asked for payment before showing these files found. After paying them, it turns out they did not have any files on the person inquired about, What A Scam. RIP-OFF website

skipp11
9/27/17

I paid for this subscription yet no matter who or what I searched I received 1 result out of two and I wanted to enter a few more.. Not worth my time and I would like a refund. .

colleenp28
9/17/17

I used Been Verified ONCE and after searching for a name, I keep getting pop-ups on my computer about the person I searched for. They don't stop! And when I try to contact them, they ask for a member ID, but I never received a member ID! Then I had to send an email to them to ask them to leave me alone and stop disrupting my work day. Who knows how long it will take before the pop-ups stop! I will never use this site again. All the information you want (come to find out) is available online with a little time spent digging. Been Verified is a waste of money.

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi Colleen,

If you are receiving pop up notifications from BeenVerified on your browser, you can click the gear icon in the notification window to change your settings and stop receiving these notifications.

If you are receiving these messages on your mobile browser on your phone, please click the Chrome menu in the upper right corner, select Settings, then Site Settings, then Notifications. You will see BeenVerified listed, click that and then you can select to Block (instead of Allow) notifications from BeenVerified.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

BeenVerified Customer Care
1-888-579-5910
carlyc17
9/17/17

I do not like the idea that all somebody needs is a picture of me, or my email address and $1 and they could get my exact location.
This is how people get stalked or even killed.

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi Carly,

We take your privacy concerns seriously, and we would like to quickly address your request. We offer an opt out tool so that you can remove your information from our search results. Please use the link below to opt your name out of BeenVerified's people search results:

www.beenverified.com/optout

To get started, click the link and use the search to locate and select your record. You will then receive an email asking you to click to verify your request. After you verify, we will send you an email confirming that the record you selected has been opted out and will instruct our data partners not to return the record in future People Search results.

Further, please be aware that we obtain and regularly update the BeenVerified people search results from various public and private databases. Although we and our data partners do our best to suppress the records that you opt out from appearing in our people search results, there may be times when our data partners provide us with new data about you that is different enough from the data you previously opted out – such as different spellings, initials, combinations of information, and/or addresses – that it is not possible to conclusively opt out that new record. Accordingly, if you have previously opted out and see a new record about you appear in our people search results, please contact us with this opt-out request and we will remove this record as well.

For more detailed information about the opt-out process, please visit our Opt-Out FAQ: http://www.beenverified.com/opt-out-faq.

If you need any more assistance or have any further questions, please let us know at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.
chriss605
9/4/17

I paid for this subscription yet no matter who or what I searched I received 0 results for all. Not worth it even if free.

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi Chris,

I'm sorry you had any trouble locating the information or individuals you were searching for. I have issued a full refund of your subscription charge. You should see it reflected in your bank account within a couple business days.

If you are unable to locate a particular individual in our database, please know that we continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can.

If you have any more questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.
kathryns50
8/26/17

I tried BeenVerified to find a loved one who I had lost contact with. I already had more up to date information than BeenVerified gave me! All of the information they had was over 10yrs old! Waste of my time and money!

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi Kathryn,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports. I located your account and see that we have already issued a full refund to you.

BeenVerified is an easy-to-access collection of public record information. Public records are collected through official government records such as mortgage deeds and court records, and through sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards and utility bills.

As you just experienced, sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct or available. However, we can only work with the information provided to us within public data. We continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can.

kadyv1
8/2/17

I used been verified.com to track down my husband's biological father after 35 years. He had a very common last name but I still found him three states away.

michellec237
7/30/17

I am very satisfied with BeenVerified and their Customer Service went above and beyond my expectations. I will recommend them to all my friends.

sabrinay3
7/22/17

Found family members that I was looking for over 30 years and many friends. Info is accurate and up to date

dixief3
7/12/17

Just wanted you to know, your report from last year, I think it was January led us to my husband's daughter whom he hadn't seen since she was 3 yes old. It had been 43 years since he had seen her. She came to a seminar in Ft Worth, TX about a 2 hour drive from us, she lives in Washington State, we only got to see her for a couple of hours but it was wonderful for him as it turned out he passed away two weeks later. Thank you so much for your help in finding Susan she and I stay in touch. Thank you Dixie

ingridb19
7/12/17

Been Verified could not help me with my information search. However, I contacted them and received a response within an hour. They tried to help me and then without hesitation, refunded my money. No headaches, no long periods of silence. I will be happy to work with them again, if the need arises.

tinas135
6/30/17

I signed up to try and find one person. called an canceled immediately because didn't get the info I needed anyway. He said I would have the month for free and he credited my credit card $15 dollars. Gave me one month free, which I did not use and i figured it was done. I have now been charge for the last 3 months. Customer Service was kind enough to credit me one month....$9.99 No a Happy Customer at all and will let everyone I know!
Not sure how people sleep at night having to make money like this.

maryd272
6/25/17

Paid one month to find someone for a legal matter. I got the person's name and 3 cheesy pictures I could get from google for free. The rest: "address not found"; "phone number not found"; relatives not found" etc. they WILL dig deeper if you UPGRADE your membership i.e. Spend more money to find out they've got nothing on the person. Run, don't walk!

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi Mary,

I'm sorry you had any trouble locating the information you were looking for. BeenVerified's database contains information collected from public records and publicly available data, compiled from thousands of different sources. Your ability to locate a specific individual in our database can be dependent on a number of factors, such as the amount of information collected on that individual by various government and private agencies, and the laws regarding public information in the state where the individual resides.

Our Upgrade option allows you to unlock all sections of the report, to return any additional data we have in the judgments, liens, license and permit categories of the report for that individual, as well as additional phone data we may have for this person. This data is not included in any of our base reports, and has an additional fee because there are additional costs to request this information.

I located your account and see that we provided you a full refund as soon as you requested one. Please let us know if you have any further questions or need any more help. You can reach us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.

Kind Regards,
Dana
lynnl49
6/13/17

why is NONE of your information up to date. Cancel the temporary account immedieatly. This is a total fradu! Shame on you for taking anyones money!

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi Lynn,

I'm sorry you had any trouble locating the information you were looking for with BeenVerified.

As you just experienced, sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct. However, we can only work with the information provided to us within public data. We continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can.

For this reason we offer a Monitoring option which you can activate on up to ten reports you have run. Once Monitoring is activated, you will be notified as soon as we receive any new information in that report, such as a new phone number, address or even court record.

I am unable to assist with your cancellation request because you didn't include any identifying information for your account. If you contact us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910 we can assist you with locating and cancelling your account.

Kind Regards,
Dana
brianb229
5/6/17

First off, I signed up for the one month subscription for $22 and it states "unlimited" searches. After a day of playing with it, I found my account information and it says that I have used 20 of my 30 searches. To me "unlimited" isn't limited to 30. Second off, I did so many searches just to verify that it was good information, which I found out it really isn't. I've had my cell phone number for 17 years and with major carriers like AT&T and Verizon, yet when I searched myself, it didn't list that number. I searched many of my friends and family and found that it didn't have their current phone numbers either, and it's not like they just got a new number. Third, which is the most troubling is, when I searched for mine who did about 10 years in a federal penitentiary for armed bank robbery and has been out for about 5 years, it didn't list any criminal issues with him. I think that this site can give people a false sense of security if you are using it to do an actual background check on any one. The only thing that it was accurate on was in regards to the property searches, but that can be done easily enough by going to the county assessor's website for free.

Response from Carla S., BeenVerified Representative
Hi Brian,
I'm sorry to hear you had any trouble. Thank you for providing your member id. I was able to locate your account. You did sign up for unlimited reports. In reviewing your account, I do not see anywhere where you are limited in the number of reports you can run. Your account also provides you with our monitoring feature, which you can activate on up to ten reports. Is this perhaps what you were seeing?

Regarding the data in the reports, it is possible that we may not always have all of a person's most current contact information. The data in our reports comes from public records and publicly available data. We are constantly updating and expanding our database to provide the most current and accurate data we possibly can. We are dependent upon the accuracy of public records.

Please do not hesitate to contact support for additional assistance, at 888-579-5910 or at support@beenverified.com.

Carla
ricke150
4/17/17

After making a purchase and then contacting the site to make sure if it was not a one time fee, that the service was cancelled after a month and a low and behold I was billed for the service the next month. Being on a budget, The unexpected charge resulted in an additional overdraft fee. Unless one specifically "opts in" to a monthly recurring charge under a specific and informed consent arrangement not otherwise in small print, these sort of charges should be illegal and any Bank fees should be paid by said business.

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hello Rick,

I'm sorry you had a negative experience with BeenVerified. BeenVerified does not offer any single use options. All accounts are automatically recurring subscriptions that will continue until cancelled. We notify you of this during the sign up process, and you must check a box indicating that you understand this is our billing policy in order to even create an account. We include our company name and toll free number in the billing descriptor of each credit card charge so that it is easy to contact us with any billing concerns.

I apologize for any confusion here. I would like to confirm for you that I have cancelled your account and refunded you the most recent monthly subscription charge on your account.

I hope that this helps to clarify. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@beenverified.com or at 888-579-5910.
rhondac24
4/14/17

I used one of their trials and the site was helpful. When I went to cancel the Customer Service Lady was excellent and very nice. All of my requests were honored. They actually did what they said they would and even quicker than they had anticipated (refunds etc...) Because of that I would definitely do business with them again !!!!

lorib100
4/3/17

paid for a month, and did 2 searches. No report shows up. Going to cancel. Will have to go through the hassle of canceling rhe card i used ro pay it with because from what I've read here they like to charge you even after cancelling.

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi Lori,

We respect and honor the wishes of our customers who do not wish to continue their subscriptions, and do not charge customers after they have cancelled. I have cancelled your account, and have issued you a refund of the subscription price in full.

I am sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports or had trouble locating information on the individuals you searched for. We are constantly working to improve our records and offer new and updated information, but sometimes there are individuals we do not have reports for. Our report availability depends on the available public records for the individual you search for.

I hope this helps to clarify. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@beenverified.com or at 888-579-5910.
rh1077
3/31/17

if you sign up for free trial they dont let you cancel it
if you sign up for free trial they dont let you cancel it
100if you sign up for free trial they dont let you cancel it
100if you sign up for free trial they dont let you cancel it

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi,

I'm sorry you've had any trouble with your trial of BeenVerified. I was unable to locate an account that matches the Member ID you've included, however our support team is available to help you cancel your trial via email at support@beenverified.com or toll free call at 1-888-579-5910. Please get in touch and we can assist you with your cancellation.

BeenVerified Customer Care
1-888-579-5910
kimr105
3/22/17

BeenVerified produces a thorough, accurate report every time. I have used other background check services and I have found BeenVerified to be the most reliable and professional.

wesleys39
3/18/17

Been verified help find a lost family relative that had been missing for over 2 years. It helped us locate and verify his location and even call him. The website is an invaluable service and I will definitely use it again if needed.

billm193
3/17/17

I have used BeenVerified several times over the past few years with excellent and accurate results. Equally important is the fast, friendly professional customer Support. I made a mistake and they corrected it immediately. Could not ask for more!

coolod
3/13/17

it helped me gain info on my stalker so i could report to the cops ... its an amazing website. it gave me info like past criminal records, phone numbers used, convictions, etc.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hi Joy, I apologize for any inconvenience. All of our subscriptions are auto-renewing until you elect to cancel, as we state on our sign up page. We can certainly help you cancel your account and look into the refund. Please contact BeenVerified Customer Care at 888-579-5910 or at support@beenverified.com with your full name and email address or member id, so we can locate your account. We look forward to hearing from you so we can provide additional assistance as soon as possible. Kind regards, Carla BeenVerified Customer Care

By Carla S. [BeenVerified Rep]

Hi George, It has been my experience that BeenVerified provides more information included in your subscription, and requires less additional purchases, than Instant Checkmate, but that is based on only limited experience with their service. One way in which we aim to stand out from the competition is by providing exceptional customer service and being responsive to our customers' needs. The only way for you to be sure of how we compare is by signing up for BeenVerified and finding out for yourself. You can sign up for a limited time, 5-day $1 trial offer here: https://www.beenverified.com/lp/af95e6/4/subscribe We would love to hear your feedback and your comparison. Please contact Customer Care at 888-579-5910 or at support@beenverified.com at your convenience. Best, Carla BeenVerified Customer Care

By Carla S. [BeenVerified Rep]

Hi Gabriela, I'm sorry to hear you had any confusion with our sign up process. In order to sign up for BeenVerified you must check a box agreeing that you are 18 or older, and accept our Terms of Service. You also are required to provide a credit card, in order to sign up for the subscription you select. We don't offer a free trial. Please contact BeenVerified's Customer Care at 888-579-5910 or email us at support@beenverified.com so we can make sure the account is canceled. It helps to have your 9-digit member id available. We look forward to hearing from you so we can provide additional assistance as soon as possible. Kind regards, BeenVerified Customer Care

By Carla S. [BeenVerified Rep]

Sharon - I'm sorry to hear this was your experience with BeenVerified. Please don't hesitate to reach out to Customer Care at 888-579-5810 or at support@beenverified.com if you need assistance cancelling or have further concerns. Phillipa - BeenVerified provides a searchable database of aggregated public records. That data is collected from many, many sources of publicly available information: public records such as mortgage deeds, court records, voter registration etc, as well as sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards, utilities, and more. Because we are dependent on the accuracy of public data, I cannot guarantee that all information you find in a report is 100% accurate or comprehensive. But I can promise you that we constantly update and expand our database to provide the most accurate and up to date information we can. We also offer a feature called AlertME that allows you to monitor reports you've run and receive instant notification whenever we receive new information for that report: a new phone number, a change of address, even new criminal records. Depending on your use case Philippa, I do want to make clear that BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency as defined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act. It is outside our Terms of Service to use BeenVerified for employment background checks or tenant screening, for example. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact BeenVerified Customer Care at 888-579-5810 or at support@beenverified.com. Best, Carla BeenVerified Customer Care

By Carla S. [BeenVerified Rep]

Hi Carol, We appreciate your interest in BeenVerified, however we wouldn't be the right site for you. At this time, we don't offer access to our site to customers located outside the U.S., so you would not be able to create an account. I apologize for any inconvenience. Best, Carla BeenVerified Customer Care

By Carla S. [BeenVerified Rep]

Hi Bonnie, At this time, we provide searchable U.S. public records. You can search U.S.-based individuals, U.S. phone numbers and U.S. properties. We do not currently have international information, so it not possible to run searches on international phone numbers, properties outside the U.S. or on people who are not based in the U.S. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.

By Dana C. [Peoplelooker Rep]

Hi Pierre, BeenVerified is a website that provides a searchable database of aggregated public records. You can search a name on the site to locate addresses, phone numbers, relatives, court records, and much more. You can also run searches on addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. All searches are run by you in your account, once you sign up for an account. If you are interested in signing up, you can view our current pricing here: www.BeenVerified.com/subscribe Once you are signed up and logged in, just click at the top of your screen for the type of search you want to run: people search, phone search, email or property. You will then see fields to enter the information you wish to search. Enter the information (person's full name, a phone number, an email address or a property address) and click Search. Once you see the search results, click to Access Report. If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.

By Dana C. [Peoplelooker Rep]

Hi Irene, BeenVerified is a website that provides a searchable database of aggregated public records. You can search a name on the site to locate addresses, phone numbers, relatives, court records, and much more. You can also run searches on addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. All searches are run by you in your account, once you sign up for an account. Our service does not allow you to track an individuals location in real time, but can provide past and current addresses associated with a person. If you are interested in signing up, you can view our current pricing here: www.BeenVerified.com/subscribe I hope that helps but if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.

By Dana C. [Peoplelooker Rep]

Hi Ann, You can email us at support@beenverified.com and we would love to hear your feedback on your experience contacting customer support. You can also provide us with a review of our customer support here on Sitejabber. If you have any additional questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact us at 888-579-5910 or at support@beenverified.com. Thanks! Carla

By Carla S. [BeenVerified Rep]

Hi Betty, Based on what you are describing, it sounds like you may be calling a different toll-free number. You can contact BeenVerified Customer Support at 888-579-5910 or at support@beenverified.com and we can assist you with cancelling your account. Please note that we are not associated or connected with the phone number 1-800-579-5910 - that is not our toll-free number. I have tried calling that number myself, after hearing a few other customers describe the same issue you described, and this 1-800 phone number never announces the name of the company you are calling, and they play a long list of advertisements etc. Please be assured that when you call BeenVerified Customer Support at 888-579-5910, you will hear right away that you have called BeenVerified. The only options you should hear are to press 1 to cancel, or press 2 for technical support or other questions. You are then prompted to provide your 9-digit member id number (found in your account and in your Welcome New Member email), so that we can quickly locate your account and provide you with assistance. You should not hear any ads or promos, etc, when calling 888-579-5910. I hope this helps, but if you would prefer, please feel free to email us at support@beenverified.com if you are having any trouble reaching us by phone. Kind regards, Carla BeenVerified Customer Support

By Carla S. [BeenVerified Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the BeenVerified staff and other customers.

3 Photos for BeenVerified