US Government’s NSF

48 West 38th St
New York, NY 10018, USA
Tel: 1-888-579-5910
support@beenverified.com
Start searching our billions of records!
Learn More

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

joeb142

I called the beenverified.com customer service/support phone number. (in 43 reviews)

edh21

If you want exact information on the one you are searching for, use a Skip Tracer / agent. (in 62 reviews)

elizabethh93

Beenverified had found him, an address, a phone number, a career, a family, etc. (in 11 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

elysec1
7/26/16

Thanks for quickly responding to my request to cancel membership.

lindab257
7/16/16

Through my initial inquiry on Been Verified, I was able to find out the location of a friend from many years ago When I recently requested that my Been Verified membership be cancelled (since I didn't plan to make further inquiries), I received prompt, courteous, and patient service, both by phone and email. Thank you for a totally professional experience!

kelleyo3
7/16/16

I chose the one month only membership, but was then told, as my card was charged a second time, that the company had snuck the membership into the "terms and conditions" (which they know full well practically no one reads).

I am a business owner myself and would never consider screwing over my customers in the manner as was done. The excuse given to validate this dishonesty is that "you should have read the terms". Well, perhaps that is true, but when a business owner such as BeenVerified is full aware of the number of people being screwed over and being angry at the advantage taken, then it becomes the responsibility of the business to see that customers are satisfied.

I spend my days trying to calm customers down who call me already angry, certain that I am going to take advantage in some way BECAUSE of businesses like BeenVerified. I take great pleasure in having 99% of my customers walk away happy with the end result of whatever problem they have may encountered. My number one responsibility is customer service and customer retention.

I was very satisfied with the services rendered, the report was complete, concise, and to my knowledge, accurate. However, I will never use BeenVerified again and will not recommend their service to anyone, knowing full well that "caveat emptor" is too necessary to do business with them.

Customer service is always the most important thing in business, and by being greedy and taking advantage of what you are aware is an issue, you have failed.

**Edit: After completing this review, I was sent a full refund for the extra month I paid. While appreciated, apparently the only reason I received the refund was because of the review placed here, but it didn't arise from the actual complaint I made while on the phone with them at the time of cancellation. This is still a case of bad business principles where the squeaky wheel gets the grease. No one should have to go to an outside source to have a resolution of a business matter. Not if the company has excellent customer service.

ronm97
7/12/16

Prompt response to my request (faster than expected), excellent customer service.
Thank you.

kenh65
7/9/16

I reviewed features of BeenVerified and received top notch assistance from staff at BeenVerified. The feature results were excellent and we'll organized into a final easy to read report.

juliem141
7/4/16

I joined Beenverified.com on a trial basis. I only needed to lookup a couple of names. About a week later I knew I needed to cancel my subscription to keep from being charged the full monthly fee. I called their number to do the auto cancellation. (Very convenient). Unfortunately a few days later, the charge showed up on my card. At first I felt frustrated and started worrying about all the time it would take to "make things right". I was PLEASANTLY surprised that I only had to send one email. Within 30 minutes I not only got an apology response, they credited my card the full amount. No worries. No hassles. I cannot say enough good things about their customer service. I will definitely use their service again in the future.

bonnies68
7/3/16

I was having trouble cancelling my service. Sure, I needed it for awhile and I know I'll need it again in the future. Quintin in service helped me cancel it and also got me a refund for the month I hadn't used it and was attempting to cancel and couldn't.

You guys are GREAT and will use you again -- plus recommend to my friends!

pennym23
7/2/16

The site is a ripoff do not use! I tried to email the support@beenverified and my email shows the domain does not exist! That means no real way to get your money back or cancel in the 48 hours they advertise! What a scam they have going! So then you call the 1-888-579-5910 number and they ask you to provide your membership number with no live person to speak with then after two repeats they say it will be canceled but you get no email conformation as promised and no refund! They told me my person Checked was deceased I just saw the person Saturday! Again, run people this is a money ripoff!

Tip for consumers: Run site is crap!

sharw4
6/7/16

I purchased 6 months and then checked known people to see how accurate it is, well in 6 names not one was current or accurate, After justing less than 30 minutes I saw this is a rip off so I went to cancel and they keep hanging up on me, I filed a dispute with my credit card company..
STAY AWAY!
PS 2 days later they cancelled my subscription. The product is still not worthy of you money.

mariac148
6/1/16

It found my person. All I got was her name and her address no no criminal record no family members no associates nothing lik all I got was her name and her address no no criminal record no family members no associates nothing. Spy fly.com gave me all of that information I'm going to try one other name out of it give me the same information which is nothing I'm canceling now

kathleenh41
5/29/16

I chose this site to try to find my best friend from high school. We graduated in 1971. The listing given for his phone number was the same land line he had 45 years ago. They listed non existent or dead relatives, no useful information for the present day. Out of curiosity I ran reports on myself and my 5 siblings. The information provided was so off base and out of date! Many of the contacts they listed were deceased or in no way connected to any of us. They listed relatives who weren't and telephone numbers that none of us had ever used. The only comforting thing is that if any of us has a stalker and he uses this site to find us, we will be pretty safe. They did not refund my money but did immediately cancel my membership when I asked. I truly don't understand what value can be gained from this site. Much of the information that could be valuable was not available without an additional fee, though given the quality of free information provided perhaps the paid info is no better. I was terribly disappointed. Customer service defends the product by stating that they can only provide information generally available from public records, so I would suggest that if you have more time than money you start there.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site if you need accurate, up to date information. Just don't.

jll5
5/19/16

Barely any info was correct! I happen to know this because !st check was on my ex. still had me as relative and still living with me and my phone # and said nothing about his fed. prison stint, and I could go on about wrong info.. So they said I was a relative, I looked myself up, 7 catagories were wrong, contact, phone #, emails, relatives, social network, and to top it off, the picture was of the eiffel tower. do not know where that came from, never seen the picture before in my life. info was worthless. What a RIPOFF!!!!!!

stephanies129
5/10/16

I recently used BeenVerified and was very pleased with it's ease and usefulness. It helped me research some information that I needed. Thank you! I would definitely recommend to anyone needed to find out more about a person.

ashlyt2
5/6/16

If I had needed the resources that they offer longer I would be fine with the cost. With that said though I do believe they trap New comers with a trial. The customer service was one of the best I've ever dealt with.

davidj191
4/26/16

On September 25, 2015 I subscribed to been verified after comparing speed of use and quality of information with several other internet search engines. I found BeenVerified.com to be the quickest with results and to have the most valuable information for my needs. My wife and I were beginning to search for classmates for our 50th high school reunion. During past reunions we had been able to find only about 60% of our classmates even with using other search engines available at the time. This time we have located over 285 classmates out of a class of 350. I found the "Possible Relatives" section to be of particular help since I could track down children of our classmates and locate parents the had moved several times and were not in the data bases. BeenVerified.com allowed us to complete what has been a long and difficult task in a much shorter time frame with less effort and at a lower cost than in previous years. Thank you for your fine product.

David
Hoover High School Class of 1966 (Fresno, California)

indion
4/14/16

I wanna thank Been Verified, because I was able to find my mom who I haven't seen in 30 plus years. I was adoption as a baby once and I become an adult I tried everything from contacting the agency where I was place for adoption, but the agency was involved in an arson in 1997 so all my records was destroyed. Also, I find out my records from Manhattan family court had been involved in a fire as well so that was another obstacle. However, Been Verified was the key to finding my family and I would recommend you guys to anyone who's searching for a love one. Thanks a lot

catherinel18
4/11/16

Horrible Company! I went through the whole rigmarole, being led like a donkey with the carrot of promises of seeing my report NEXT, balked at paying almost thirty dollars for a report they kept telling me was the next thing I would see, and was offered a five day membership for $!..Since I still believed there must be SOME boundaries to their lies I paid the dollar, and was immediately told I must now pay the original, almost $30 fee.
These positive reviews must contain a good number of fake ones. Anyway, I will fight for the return of that dollar!

ryans127
4/4/16

I wanted to see what was out in the online world about myself and signed up. I was more than a little unsure about what to expect. I found good information and emailed support a couple of times with questions/requests. They responded quickly and professionally. I will be a customer again soon.

steveg102
4/4/16

Just signed up for one month @ $22.86 specifically to get a criminal background check, which their site clearly states is a category covered. Nothing showing, which I know is not the case on an individual with a extensive criminal history. But, for an additional fee, of course, they'll send a court runner to fetch more data. This should have been explained up front prior to signing up. I called & got the professional run around, 'maybe it was expunged', nah. So I just paid $23 to basically get an address I already had.

steveh39
4/1/16

First off, I like BeenVerified because, unlike most such sites, when you search with their tools, you get all the information that's publicly available - not a sales pitch to pay $35 for "a full report" when all you want is an address. So, after my first month, I happily went for a one-year subscription. Secondly, when I had to call their customer service to straighten out a payment issue, I got a representative who was a friendly, patient listener and promptly straightened out the (fairly complicated) problem -- the sort of customer service experience you always hope for and never really get. They're the Real Deal!

kaseyl4
3/17/16

Kasey, Mar 11, 5:00 PM:

I just canceled my account with Nick. I wanted to say thank you for making the cancellation and refund process so easy and hassle free. He was informative and kind. I honestly expected a fight and arguement when I was calling in but he completely caught me off guard with his assertiveness and understanding. Thank you again Nick for a wonderful expierence with your company! I will use your services again if I need in the future.Kasey

andrewt76
3/13/16

Good information at a fair price! PS - I forgot to un-subsccribe, and did not realize it in time. But the kind folks at BeenVerified refunded my automatic payment once I got wind of it. Thanks, guys (and girls)!

stephaniej36
3/10/16

I needed to sort a billing issue out, and the service representative I spoke with not only helped me fix the problem, but graciously refunded money to me. I'm elated. This fixed a LOT of problems with my personal banking!!

frankb97
3/8/16

First experience with this sight was difficult due to my own error. BeenVerified corrected my error speedily with total satisfaction. Thank you again to Customer Service!

jennib5
3/5/16

I really appreciate the prompt response i received regarding customer service , and the fast solutions for all my doubts, it was very helpful and the site has all the information so im very happy with my experience

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

77 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BeenVerified staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
5 days ago
Add your answer
2 weeks ago
Answer
carlas14
A: Hi Shelly,

Impostors are individuals that may be appearing to be using other people's identifying information. There are many reasons why this can appear this way in public data. For example, two individuals may have very close social security numbers. Any time one or the other has their ssn listed with a typo or mistake, it may appear as though they were trying to use the other individual's ssn. There are other situations where the attempted use of someone's identifying information was in fact intentional.

Please note that BeenVerified does not provide or confirm social security numbers in the report.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,