Review of AVG

Tel: +31.205226279
domainadministration@avg.com

gh552
10/4/17

- slowing down my computer
- causing uncountable bluescreens
- automaticaly blocking and deleting unharmful programs, dowloads, etc.
- blocking too much because of your $#*!ty firewall
- your spam and numerous pop-ups
-...

tinad83
9/17/17

i was charged twice in two days....wont refund any of it...uninstalled it.....THE SUCK...wont recommend them to anyone

sorenj3
9/3/17

They changed to a new system and by that users lost their subscriptions in their accounts, and you cant find anywhere to download the software. You need to have an agent on your computer to help you

From good to ridicules

michaelg374
8/30/17

I have never had a problem with AVG and would recommend them to my friends until now.
I reciently updated my AVG Ultimate on line from a email link with a few days to go and just after I paid recieved a pop up saying if I paid within the next 8 minutes I would recieve a big discount. I felt this was a bit un fair and decieving so I contacted customer support. My inquiry was could I have this discount implemented to my account.
Well the discount I missed out on is a very minor issue compared to the disgusting people I have delt with on customer support. These people were so rude ! I went through 4 of them and they just could not wait to get me off the phone were very arrogant ,patronising and one raised his voice to me.. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they just flat out refused to do so ,gave fake names and just could not understand English repeating what do you want.
All were Indian and I think AVG should be concerned about what this will be doing to their reputation as I am going to cancel my product licence and try another. I'm very patient and understanding and this episode has forced me to warn others.

seanm152
7/19/17

This is mainly for AVG PC tune-up, but also about their customer support. I downloaded a free trial of PC tune-up to try to free some unnecessary space from my computer. Would have bought the full version if I was impressed. I got the exact opposite. It doesn't make your PC faster and deleted many files for my games that are required to load properly. Since I decided to use this program, I know have to troubleshoot multiple problems on my PC. To make matters worse the customer support said they couldn't help me bc I didn't have the full version. Terrible company!

davem215
5/24/17

AVG ran off its wheels as it's focus ChANGED from providing great protection and service to an outfit that NOW NICKEL & DIMES customers for NEW services that were included in existing products but are now "AVAILABLE" at EXTRA COST under different descriptions. Installation was a week long CLUSTER---K as it took that long for so-called-techs to undue the messes that rendered my computer almost useless.
AVG's mission to push product sales instead stated service promises has taken them from a 10+ company to a -20 outfit that consumers need to be protected from. Very disappointing. Very Unsatisfactory

darinm17
5/19/17

I have come across viruses that are better supported and don't slow your computer as much!!

I WAS an AVG Fanboy - using it from 2001, going to the paid version in about 2002 / 2003 and sticking with it ever since. It really used to be a good, reliable, sensible antivirus.

Then something went *snap*. Perhaps the techs smoked too much crack or drank anti-freeze - I really don't know - but AVG has now gone right to the bottom of the heap and I took the final step last night of actually DITCHING it in favour of another Anti-Virus .... you see AVG likes to hog resources. Is your computer running a bit slow? A glance at Task Manager could well reveal that multiple AVG processes are the culprit. For me it was the AVG Identity Protection Module that slowed the computer to a crawl, with various other AVG services trotting along gaily for the ride.

Yes, it seems to do the job of protecting you ... but at what cost? I use the paid version and it STILL nags me to use HMA! VPN. No thanks - I already use one that actually works ... but still it continues to nag ... "and would Sir like a dose of PC Tune-Up?" Hell No!! Made that mistake once ......

I agree with other reviews - it is a bit** to uninstall as well, constantly nagging you to ensure you ACTUALLY want to uninstall it. I have only ever had dealings with AVG "Tech Support" once when I had a problem and yes, despite the fact I had a paid and licenced version of AVG, they wanted MORE money to come into my computer and mess up god knows what else. No. Bulletin Boards are the greatest help.

Please, if you are considering the new version of AVG - the 2017 model with ZEN - for the love of god DON'T. Sorry AVG, I WAS a fanboy, but you've dropped the ball badly with this bloatware and I am moving on to better, less resource intensive and better performing antivirus packages.

katieh78
3/19/17

Absolutely the most horrible product and horrible company ever. I downloaded the 30 day free trial because my McAfee subscription ran out and I wanted to try something new. Never had a computer problem! As soon as I tried to run the program my computer started to buzz really loudly and froze up. Nothing would work. I called technical support and they wanted money to fix the problem. What a scam they are running! They promised me customer service would help after I was on the phone with them for an hour. Customer service wouldn't help me and said I needed to call Microsoft customer service. Both refused to remove the program. Every time I try to remove it myself I get an error message saying the AVG program encountered a problem and I have to call technical support for help!

ji5810
3/3/17

Tried to get assistance via chat today. Opened a chat window and at 12:53 Erika asked how she could help. I wrote out my challenges and heard NOTHING. Not a "I'll check into it" or "I'm checking into it." NOTHING. At 1:02 I asked for a response. At 1:06 I asked for a response. at 1:10, I commented that it appeared that the online reviews about customer service were correct. NOTHING. at 1:11 I indicated it would be the last $99 AVG would get from me and I would be deleting the product and moving onto another. Finally, a response (ha)! The customer service rep ended the call.

dallasr15
2/15/17

I installed AVG's PC Tune-Up software and it knocked out my Internet Explorer browser. AVG offered to reinstall the browser for $99, but I would have lost all my favorites and settings in the process. What a lousy deal!

craigc59
5/28/16

Yea I felt the same way most of you folks speak of here. I had avg for 6 years up till last month. I paid for full protection.I liked it. Until I have a on going dispute with customer service about double billing. It appears this company has been repurchased and if you folks read the boards I mean all of them and look at the bbb and so forth.There are red flags. After installing different software recently. Karparsky and bitdefender. Avg is no longer cutting edge.Once a leader in this industry they have fallen way short.There also overpriced compared to others at the top of there game this year. Suggestion to you folks on the cheap. Don't be cutting corners on internet security. I know it's tough, and the reviews seem slanted also. But currently karparsky is selling for about $66 for 2 years. I had some conflicts and they refunded immediately.Bitdefender is $ 33 for 2 years. Yea I got the second year free..Avg is $90 for 1 year. I spent the whole shopping till I dropped looking at reviews. Then I found these coupon sites. They worked.Well you'll see.If you wait long enough on some of these sites,they will take additional 15 to 20% off while your sitting there making up your mind if you can afford this or not. Avg customer support at this time is 0 if you do your homework trust me. I don't do forums. I promised AVG today I would spend a lot of time writing reviews and filing complaints against them for the way they treated me after being loyal all these years. So take it in stride. for what it's worth.Do your own research and the facts will appear.

carolinep14
3/1/16

What is the point in offering a 'free' antivirus program that isn't 'free', AVG also recently added 'ZEN' to their 'free' package. It's compulsory if you want the latest 'free' anti virus software and bombards you with even more price hiking lures/blackmail, literally every time you'd check your dashboard or anything come to think about it. A trial should be just that, a trial. When the 30 day period of using their merchandise is up that should be it finito. However they are like those annoying guests that won't leave house even though the party finished 3 hours previously. Boxes spring up "do you really want us to leave?" Er Yes that's why i clicked uninstall and as for ZEN this additional pat of the program takes it up to a whole knew level of 'single white female' refusing all the polite hints and shoves to vacate your computer and constantly reminds you that you actually don't know your own mind and it has to stay, since when did meditation become 'bunny boiling'? Perhaps I'm the only one it liked so much because I haven't read much else about ZEN but it could also be that people just paid the ransom demands for peace and quiet and are living happily ever after, all they say ignorance is bliss. It's a bit** to remove. Firstly it told me to uninstall the 'PC Tune up' so I did (well I was convinced I did in my madness) yet then every time I tried to finish the uninstall this box would pop up telling me it could not leave my system until I had removed PC tune up. That is when I really lost the plot and invited the madhatters Guruaid to the party. Aah s*** what an apocalypse (but that is another review you'll find listed somewhere among all the fake one's they've added to this site to give themselves such a high score). On the AVG site itself it admits there is no process to uninstall Zen and GuruAIDS confirmed the very same thing. My Dell desk top was f*****and I mean literally, perhaps by the mad hatter? the white rabbit kindly dug a deeper burrow come mortuary for the desk top. Thanks AVG, it's really sensible to create a program that cannot be uninstalled and there is a name for it, think it begins with T and has something to do with horses. They shoot horses don't they and this one needs it! .

billg45
12/15/15

It's an okay antivirus, however the scanning bogs down your computer a little, Overall though a nice piece of antivirus software for the price.

cliverm
6/13/15

I think I was taken out of context. My complaint is the software producers are hiding the auto renewal in a 28 to 42 page docs...I had to put a company web address in to post the comment.

I copy and paste agreements in to a ms word doc and do a find renewal, it helps to find the hidden clause...

larryj20
5/16/14

I use this software to keep my home computers virus free. The fact that it works great and I don't have to pay for it earned them 5 stars. I tell everyone to use it. My work has even put the paid version on our office computers after my recommendation.

sherondah
4/23/14

Unobtrusive, amazingly fast hard drive scanner, not bloatware.

fredm33
3/18/14

Just purchased the top-of-the-line software package. Much more comprehensive than the 'free' download, which is now apparently much more limited than it was previously. So far I find this equal to, if not superior to Avast. A close friend had a few terrible viruses embedded in his 32.exe files, and Avast identified them but could not remove them. Avast did remove them, and found a few other issues that Avast had not even identified. This product has a long history of very good reviews as well.

davidb158
8/27/13

Solid antivirus software. Free version is pretty good, paid is good. There are a few good programs out there both free and paid, they are all on about the same level performance wise.

Bottom Line: If you need a good free antivirus program, this one is a good bet.

wanyuw
5/29/13

For a free software they are a great service. They now offer a lot of features however I do not like the automatic installs of some of them.

dongy
3/5/13

AVG.com drives me crazy because they are always trying to sell you stuff or getting you to upgrade to a paid version. I decided I should use MalwareBytes or Avast instead. AVG, I love you, but you've disappointed me.

davids150
12/8/12

Great, free anti-virus program. Updates daily and does so without slowing down your system. No complaints.

kumarm
3/3/12

Absolutely great internet security packages which includes everythin that you would need as well. The price is half that of the competitors and the software is more reliable than my previous one. Ive just bought the basic package but it still includes all the protections.
One of the best customer services ever and they also provided me free upgrade version which I normally would have had to pay. I think its cool and most perfect package which is extremely reasonably priced as well.

maggies5
1/28/12

User friendly. Great support! Used their FREE edition for the last couple of years then checked out what their paid version was like in comparison. For me it comes down to their support being accessable 24/7. Good Value!

tn1
1,563 helpful votes
2/24/11

AVG is one of the first things I install when I set up computers for the classroom or for myself. Without needing to pay for programs like Norton or McAfee, AVG takes care of my computer's anti-virus needs. Installation is easy, the interface is self-explanatory / easy to use, and the program can actually get rid of those pesky Trojan horses. AVG recently put out their 2011 free edition, which CNET gives 4.5 out of 5 stars. Not bad for a free anti-virus program that rivals their costly counterparts.

frankc1
3/6/10

I have tried them ALL, and I must say that AVG is the best yet!

As a former McAfee and Norton Utilities user (for many years), my new AVG software has been outstanding. It actually has better live updating and even found an idle Trojan Horse that was on my main computer's hard drive that had been previously missed by my Norton software. AND it costs less per year than Norton!

The updates have been very intensive, with thousands of scumware, spyware and adware/malware programs being added constantly to the update database. I highly recommend this site and their products. Easy transaction too, and excellent customer service when I've needed it for questions and additional product inquiries.

NOTE: Remember, this is ANTI-VIRUS SECURITY software. If your computer is running slow, you will also need a Registry Cleaner. This is DIFFERENT, please see my review on www.CCleaner.com for FREE Registry Cleaning software that works great!

Helpful answer

yes. You don't ever want to have several anti virus software running against each other. They do not compliment each other

By craig c. on 6/19/15
Helpful answer

I used avast on my first computers. It worked okay. Really type in what is the best anti virus software in google. Avast isn't in the running for my opinion . AS i've said before in another post,don't get cheep about this. there are some good deals ,but you'll have to spend hours doing the research.

By craig c. on 2/28/11

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the AVG staff and other customers.

AVG?