Top Hatter

Top Hatter has a consumer rating of 3.98 stars from 34 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Top Hatter most frequently mention customer service. Top Hatter ranks 16th among Gadgets sites.

• I have had a few problems with shipping, items not being as described, etc.

• I had fun bidding on items and felt like I got a good deal until it was shipped to my home.
How would you rate Top Hatter?

“Should be a 5”

Luis G.
2/5/20

I would have listed it as a 5 if it weren't for a few merchants that sent me the wrong items. It appeared as if they were doing it on purpose, obtaining a refund was like pulling teeth and return shipping almost the s.ame cost as the product. Yet there are many merchant who were very quick to admit their mistake and make amends, hassle free.

“Bad business”

Delania R.
2/12/20

I've tried to return to defective items and it won't work tired of all this bought two of this item neither one of them work returns are horrible

items (16) fun bidding (3)
rodneyd71
February 26th, 2020
I am happy with the items i have purchased,,,,,,,, the couple items that i ordered which didn't make it to me was promptly refunded to me with no hassle at all,,, this company strives hard and true to make sure the customers are happy with not only the purchase but the buying experience itself,,, i am very happy with Tophatter,,
michaelm4001
February 5th, 2020
I ordered 10 different items and everyone that has arrived so far are from China. No packing slip, no instructions, no boxes. All items shipped in bubble mailers. Quality is marginal at best. All items have been just cheap items. Would not recommend at all.
pattib130
January 28th, 2020
I am so glad I found TOP HATTER I love the things they have to Bid on. There are Two things that I don, t like free shipping should mean Free shipping I have Bid on things that say free shipping and then find out the there is shipping.and it is almost the same price as the thing I Bid on.if it says free then that is what it should be period.
delaniar
February 12th, 2020
luisg327
alberts201
January 21st, 2020
Tophatter has a very wide selection of products to choose and bid on.
The price you bid is the price you pay if you win that bid plus shipping if specified, otherwise most shipping is free.
The product you receive is sometimes either not what you ordered or slightly damaged from time to time and is sometimes late on delivery, I've had a few instances, but for the most part, you do receive some very good items, you can click on the item and read about it EX: if it's new, refurbished or what ever before you decide to bid on that item... the saying goes "you get what you pay for". It's a fun site and you CAN get some (in the old slogan of building 19) Good stuff cheap... I still go there and will continue.
shawnl156
February 22nd, 2020
I started buying products and online they look like good quality my first item was a laptop, turns out I was sent a scratched up refurbished one that wouldn't even turn on then I had to fight to return it, then I had a bunch of items that I paid for and it said " in transit" so I waited and the day came and went that I was supposed to receive them and I emailed them and I got a response saying, oh yeah you won't be getting those items we've had a delay sorry we didn't reach out to you but we'll refund you your money but it'll take 5 days... my thought is this if the deal looks to good to be true it is so long story short don't buy the knock off crap on TOPHATTER
jamesr1438
February 26th, 2020
Excellent Customer Service! I am a real customer and I live in Brownsboro, AL. I have had a few problems with shipping, items not being as described, etc. but Tophatter Customer Service has always provided quick refunds or credits.
bobbic45
December 13th, 2019
I really enjoy shopping on Tophatter. The prices are reasonable (as long as everyone would back off from a bid sometime. Makes no sense bodding anyone up. Save money your self.) prices product's are just like what you read in the description and see in the picture.
Last thing is customer service does thier best to make you happy and do it in a timely matter.
brandyv10
December 10th, 2019
So many changes have gone with the app it is very disappointing. You gain credits yet if the shipper decides not to ship out the product you get your money back but lose your credits. I won some pretty great deals and ironically all of those purchases were refunded in credits. Going to look into a different app
peters1030
April 1st, 2020
Some products are of very good quality while others appear to be cheap imports from China or Taiwan. I received two hats recently one was flattened so badly that it will never get it's original shape back the other had poor stitching and had unraveled alittle prior to even being worn once.
kimberlys586
March 18th, 2020
They have some really nice things on here, different. Fast delivery! Quick response. Some things I haven't even seen before.
tracyz26
Tracy Z.
December 4th, 2019
I have ordered and received several items from Tophatter I first was waiting to get couple orders to see if items were worth bidding on. Shipping takes way too long and more then half the items are very very cheaply made and of poor quality. I have received 2 items that are worth the price out of 8 shipments received.
philipc290
July 28th, 2020
I am totally happy with my order but if you order cloths just know that a 5x is kinda like a 18 maybe 20...
garyr367
December 19th, 2019
A bid site that has many varied products to make unusual gifts. Lots of quality items but a few lemons.
gaylef10
July 26th, 2018
They said to make everything FREE SHIPPING, then they put items on with shipping as high as 7.00 dollars on some items. When I try to put them on with $4 shipping they say lower the shipping. They are greed, when a item may cost $2 and shipping $2.56 and it sells for 1 or 2 dollars and they charge you 1 fee + 2% + 30 cents. What the hell are these crooks thinking.
gener205
February 5th, 2020
There are so many great items and the price is most of the time shipping could be a bit faster at times overall i love shopping at this site thank you so much tophatter.
josephe304
March 18th, 2020
Tophatter is a great place to buy stuff everything I have hot from them is the beloved everything I have will shop there a lot more
scotts1141
Scott S.
January 10th, 2020
The photos of what you bid on do not look like what they do when they arrive, the products are very poorly made. I purchased a necklace that claimed to be sterling silver and it turned colors within a week. It was a very upsetting purchase. A lot of other things I've purchased aren't what they appear. On the other hand, there were a few things that I liked. I won't be shopping as much. I will be careful as to what I purchase.
timothyb353
January 21st, 2020
They treat you right, and take care of you if there's any problems they take care of you promptly I am very happy with there service
tifanyg
December 10th, 2019
I like this site. The only thing I would change is the description. It can be deceiving on some products.
dolorest19
January 1st, 2020
It is not only addicting but so much fun! I have the best time bidding for amazing offers! The quality has been down right mind blowing and the wins keep coming.
denisel266
December 17th, 2019
I had fun bidding on items and felt like I got a good deal until it was shipped to my home. I had one item that was sent with two rags in the bag instead of the video camera. The other item was damaged when it arrived. It has big dents all over it. It was suppose to be a night light moon. My autistic grandson was very sad that it was damaged. All of the other items that I received arrived as described. I think if the fragile items were sent in a box, it would not get damaged. Shipping in a bag is not much protection. I was pleased with the return credit for the missing and damaged items.
shawniesem
September 16th, 2019
I am glad i finally found someone whom i can get things i like and receive in a timely manner. I have told several people about this business.
cliffc146
December 10th, 2019
Tophatter was fun at first, then came orders taken away because the bid wasn't hi enough. Then came lost orders in the China mail system and last but not least some of the product's are just junk.

I get great deals through them. I have been using them for over 2 years now