This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

Wigsmart.co.uk

Wigsmart.co.uk

Wigsmart.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1.34 stars from 32 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Wigsmart.co.uk also ranks 121st among Wigs sites. The most common issues with Wigsmart.co.uk are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Absolute rip off company preying on vulnerable people.
  • He managed to salvage one but the other is unwearable and I am now in the process of trying to obtain a refund.
How would you rate Wigsmart.co.uk?

“Pay with paypal, don't worry!”

Finola W.
1/2/18

Great choice of wigs and wonderful service. Prompt response to queries and beautifully presented goods. look forward to my next purchase!

“Avoid this company”

Ausra A.
5/24/17

Ordered item who arrived only after two weeks (had to email them about missing order) and the wig was in disgusting bright pink colour and I ordered WHITE!!!! The wig itself looks very cheap and poor quality, nothing like it's advertised on the picture. Now I believe it will take me ages to get my money back (and don't forget returns are payable by customer)...So so disappointed and would not recommend this company to anyone. Avoid it!!!!!

company (17) refund (18) return address (5)
zhouf
January 2nd, 2018

Tip for consumers: Pay with paypal, don't worry!

ausraa
May 24th, 2017
martinh96
June 8th, 2017
Ordered a wig for my wife. It took almost three weeks to arrive. When it did, OMG it was horrendous. The wrong colour, the wrong style, loads too much hair and to be frank it looked like a dead cat! I've sent messages via the website and also by email requesting the return address to send it back, and all have been ignored. Now going to try PayPal, my bank and Trading Standards to see if I can recover anything. Avoid these charlatans. NIL Stars from me!
vickyj13
November 10th, 2017
This wig is AMAZING! It's so beautiful and soft, and it really does look natural. I expected something to just wear a few to times to cons, BUT I WANT TO WEAR IT IN EVERYDAY LIFE TOO! It's more than I expected and I really love it. Thank you!
angelah106
April 3rd, 2017
how long is delivery from the UK to Spain for a human hair wig?
I ordered a wig on line today for delivery to Spain.
Also do you send directions on how to put the wig on etc.
phineec
March 17th, 2019
I purchased the wigs due to loosing my hair after chemotherapy.
Upon the understanding Wigsmart was a UK company I bought two wigs, I ordered honey blond in standard size's. On arrival one of them was dark brown and the other was at least two inches bigger than what I ordered. They also looked like what one would buy for fancy dress.
I was offered replacements but declined when I was told I would have to return them to China.
It took at least twenty emails to actually make them understand I was determined to get a full refund, due to their bad service.
They refunded my money less £40 handling fees. I persisted on a full refund and threatened them I was going to report them to PayPal. Eventuality they stopped replying to my emails, so I took the matter up with Paypal and received a full refund.
However I lost the £15.00 I paid to return them to China but I considered it a small loss in the circumstances .
Avoid these horrible people, their website looks very professional but they're just a bunch of cheats. Incidently the returns address in China turned out to be a cheap backstreet hotel room. "I Googled it"

Tip for consumers: Non

azariam1
July 19th, 2018
Avoid, Avoid Avoid. Just lost £360.00. Awful site, complete scam from China, wish I came across this before sending any money. They have even block my emails to them. Please, please do not use. If you want a lovely hairpiece use Irresistible Me an American site which I have been using for years. The site complete fooled me. Very sophisticate to lure in.
cp128
March 8th, 2018
Bought a wig online. The wig that arrived was horrific. Immediately requested a refund, they kept fobbing us off, didn't provide a return address, insisted they would have to charge a restocking fee. Contacted Nationwide to request they help, they provided no assistance at all, they just said to accept the restocking fee and send it back for the refund. Kept badgering and eventually got a Chinese return address, they said to send back tracked = cost prohibitive. Steer clear of these scammers, and don't expect any help from your bank, who have managed to make themselves look as bad as the scammers by being so unhelpful.
lorrainem48
April 29th, 2017
Absolute rip off company preying on vulnerable people. Wigs in no way resemble pictures or colours, are not human hair and only fit for halloween. The company also deliberately lie in the FAQs by stating they are a U.K. based company when in fact they are in China. Absolutely disgusted by their actions and caused a lot of unecessary additional stress for my terminally ill mother in trying to get refunded via PayPal, at our expense for return. Was not letting them away with it though. PayPal were not helpful either though and should ban them!
diannes38
June 1st, 2017
no stars if I had my way, ordered a wig 12th April, no tags on it, like a birds nest, too much hair, and it was like a ginger colour, I ordered a blonde. after all this time as of todays date 1st June, I got my refund in full without postage, I had to pay £9.00 to return to make sure they got it. Giving me loads of... I will give you 50% if you keep it errrmm no thanks. must have had a about 12 emails back and fourth

Tip for consumers: S T A Y A W A Y, DONT EVEN BOTHER LOOKING ON WEBSITE, THERE'S PLENTY OF GOOD ONLINE SHOPPING FOR WIGS

bobm242
August 15th, 2017
Same as all the other reviews. Ordered a "hand tied 100% human hair" wig. Hand tied maybe but in clumps! A sort of ginger colour and nothing like the picture. It was humiliating! Looked worse than the £5 fancy dress shop wigs. At over £100 I wasn't having it and asked for a refund. I got the same as everyone else an offer of a discount a remake. Eventually they accepted a return which I had to pay £10 to post and then they knocked off £20 restocking fee.
I do hope people see these reviews before they think about buying and not make the same costly mistake as I did.
valeenj
September 19th, 2017
Nothing like the photos and reviews they put on their web site, they looked like something out of a joke shop and I found out to my cost that they are in China so no return address or phone number to contact them on. If you buy from this company you will throw your money down the drain. Val Jones
samiae
April 13th, 2018
i was sent a different wig, poor quality and different colour! I tried to get a refund from Paypal unfortunately couldn't, learnt my lesson I will use a credit card. Please avoid this site and read the reviews for confirmation. All the reviews on the actual website are clearly fake!
brendag161
May 15th, 2018
Please avoid this company. After several weeks I have managed to obtain a refund but not before having to threaten naming and shaming them on BBC Watchdog, Trading Standards, investigation by the police and instigating court proceedings. They really do not like refunds and if the "manager" agrees to refund, they try to deduct £20 handling fee. Please do not give up. They are preying on vulnerable people and they need exposing. I am not au fait with Facebook, but if everyone could name and shame them and ask people to share, it may prevent other people from being scammed and losing money. Please, please do not give up on obtaining a refund as that is what they hope people will do. JUST PERSERVERE!!!
Not sure if Erica is an actual person or a robot being controlled by the "manager"!!
karenm316
March 20th, 2017
I've lost my hair through Chemo.and needed a wig
After having no luck in My local department store.I decided to get one through Wigdmart.I ordered a beautifully stylish bobbed wig ordered in Burgundy Color.What Igot was totally different.A mass of orangey Ginger wavy looking with.it was Dreadful.I emailed Wigs mart and they have said I have to take a picture of the Wig. So they can see what the problem is.they sent the Wrong colour.And it doesn't look like the picture.I'm devastated
I'm hoping for a Refund. But to be honest. Not holding out much hope
tonyb170
July 26th, 2017
Do not touch these people. They look as though they operate from the UK. They don't. They have no UK office and operate this scam from China. After a month I have still not received the wig and now from reviews I have seen its unlikely that I will and if I ever did it will be rubbish.
I don't understand why PayPal allow them to operate as through their facility.
amandaj118
January 25th, 2018
people this is a scam. do not buy from this company online. please read all reviews online

I wish I did and I got scammed
janetn33
December 27th, 2017
After ordering a wig £63 and waiting weeks for it , they sent me a reject wouldn't even call a wig !!! . I contacted them straight away only to be told I had done things to the wig,they refused to give me a return address and refused a full refund it was less than a month and suppose to give you a full refund do not take your custom to this con of a company they just want your money .
jeanm190
July 6th, 2017
These thieves should not be legally allowed to trade. As in agreement with the other reviews, not U.K. based. LIARS. My mums wig came 4 weeks later, not the right colour or style. She looked like rod stewart with it on. Severely crap quality. Unfortunately, she paid with her bank card. She returned it and has the proof that they have received it. They won't respond to any emails sent. There's no number to contact them on. It's highly unlikely she will get her money back. £56. DO NOT BUY. DISHONEST. THEIVES AND LIARS........SCUM
keithw95
December 30th, 2017
This company comes up as one of the top hits n UK searches, but it is not a uk company. The postal address on order despatches is fake (the despatcher is 'Mr Hu', which says it all, and the address is that if a different but legit air-freight-forwarding company who have never heard of Wigsmart), and there is no uk postal address on their site or on any accompanying invoice (in fact there is not invoice with the despatched term. The wig I received did not match colour or description, and was more of a joke-shop/comedy wig than anything (a) I ordered (b) I might want. It arrived late after I chased the company. The company replies to e-mail correspondence, but in that trying-hard-to-please way of mainland Chinese suppliers that frustrates the hell out of you. They want to offer a replacement, but of course having received an item that does not resemble the advertised item you really can't be arsed to waste your time.
fionas22
October 24th, 2017
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. They are not a UK company and they do not follow UK trading laws. Still fighting for a refund for a hideous item I returned. Their address is Room 906 168 Suixi Road Heifi City China. Trading standards need to force the removal of their "UK" website. Wish I had read reviews before purchase but hopefully my experience will warn others. They are scamming cancer victims of which I am one. Despicable.
dorothyp32
April 7th, 2018
Paypal did the business and finally got wigsmart to pay up I got a full refund so don't give up keep pushing.Don't be fooled by the UK address of Wigsmart it is a front it is all done through China.
rutho16
July 3rd, 2017
I ordered 3 wigs
they sent me some kind of rubbish
stay away
lucky I ordered through paypal
so I could get my money back
so sad that people are cheating
what you see on the site and what you get are two different things
the wigs I got lok like a broom
they are not worth the box thay were packed in
lynnv19
July 26th, 2017
So, it kept popping up onscreen, I ordered two wigs, with hindsite I should have known, the photos are mostly of lovely women with lovely hair, certainly not wigs, there's Raquel Welsh and lots of celebrities, (I wonder what they think of this company using their photos) and then I realised after I'd paid that the company are in China. Still I believed! Can't believe I was so stupid. Until I put two and two together after nearly four weeks passed by without the e mail saying they had been sent. I contacted them to cancel and they said I'd have to pay 40% as they were being made specially. What? So I've contacted PayPal today and hope they'll help me. ??
debbiek46
February 22nd, 2017
I ordered what looked like a gorgeous platinum blonde bobbed wig for £65.00 from what I believed was a UK web site.
A couple of weeks later this short, ginger monstrosity arrived which looked like Anne Robinson on a bad hair day. It was nothing like the style or colour I had ordered.
I contacted Wigsmart "customer services" straight away explaining they had sent me the wrong order and for them to provide a postage-paid returns label so I could send it back for a refund, as it was THEIR mistake.
They asked me to send them a photo of the wig as they claimed it was what I had ordered. So I sent them a screen shot of the wig on their web site as well as a copy of my order so they could see for certain the style and colour of what I had been expecting. I also sent a photo of what I received.
They said they could not accept the wig back because it was "custom made" for me and they had lost money making the wig. I told them it was NOT was was advertised and NOT what I had ordered and I demanded a refund.
They followed with a series of nonsensical emails, some of which were obviously copied and pasted from previous emails, irrespective of my comments or questions. They all contained the annoying "we hope for your understanding" as well as the ungrammatical "for your order, the wig is indeed produced with the colour you chose" even though the screen shots and photos showed to the contrary.
It was obvious they had no intention of helping me, so I reported them to PayPal, and sent PayPal copies of my order, the photos and the series of ridiculous replies.
PayPal found in my favour and obtained a return address for me. I did have to pay £9.75 to send the item Royal Mail international tracked, but once I had sent the tracking number to PayPal the £65.00 was refunded within a couple of weeks.
The whole experience has made me a wiser person, and now I always seek out customer reviews for any online company before buying from them for the first time.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Wigsmart.co.uk staff and other customers.

Wigsmart.co.uk is The UK's Biggest Supplier of Wigs, Human Hair Wigs, Lace Front Wigs, Hand Tied Wigs, Afircan American Wigs. All Wigs Sale Up To 50% Off, Join And Save Now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wigsmart.co.uk?

Have a question about Wigsmart.co.uk?