Wigsmart.co.uk

Wigsmart.co.uk

Wigsmart.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1.34 stars from 32 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Wigsmart.co.uk also ranks 119th among Wigs sites. The most common issues with Wigsmart.co.uk are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Absolute rip off company preying on vulnerable people.
  • He managed to salvage one but the other is unwearable and I am now in the process of trying to obtain a refund.
How would you rate Wigsmart.co.uk?

“Pay with paypal, don't worry!”

Finola W.
1/2/18

Great choice of wigs and wonderful service. Prompt response to queries and beautifully presented goods. look forward to my next purchase!

“PLEASE, PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY. Not even...”

BRENDA G.
5/15/18

Please avoid this company. After several weeks I have managed to obtain a refund but not before having to threaten naming and shaming them on BBC Watchdog, Trading Standards, investigation by the police and instigating court proceedings. They really do not like refunds and if the "manager" agrees to refund, they try to deduct £20 handling fee. Please do not give up. They are preying on vulnerable people and they need exposing. I am not au fait with Facebook, but if everyone could name and shame them and ask people to share, it may prevent other people from being scammed and losing money. Please, please do not give up on obtaining a refund as that is what they hope people will do. JUST PERSERVERE!!! Not sure if Erica is an actual person or a robot being controlled by the "manager"!!

company (17) refund (18) return address (5)
azariam1
July 19th, 2018
Avoid, Avoid Avoid. Just lost £360.00. Awful site, complete scam from China, wish I came across this before sending any money. They have even block my emails to them. Please, please do not use. If you want a lovely hairpiece use Irresistible Me an American site which I have been using for years. The site complete fooled me. Very sophisticate to lure in.
samiae
April 13th, 2018
i was sent a different wig, poor quality and different colour! I tried to get a refund from Paypal unfortunately couldn't, learnt my lesson I will use a credit card. Please avoid this site and read the reviews for confirmation. All the reviews on the actual website are clearly fake!
dorothyp32
April 7th, 2018
Paypal did the business and finally got wigsmart to pay up I got a full refund so don't give up keep pushing.Don't be fooled by the UK address of Wigsmart it is a front it is all done through China.
amandaj118
January 25th, 2018
people this is a scam. do not buy from this company online. please read all reviews online

I wish I did and I got scammed
janetn33
December 27th, 2017
After ordering a wig £63 and waiting weeks for it , they sent me a reject wouldn't even call a wig !!! . I contacted them straight away only to be told I had done things to the wig,they refused to give me a return address and refused a full refund it was less than a month and suppose to give you a full refund do not take your custom to this con of a company they just want your money .
fionas22
October 24th, 2017
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. They are not a UK company and they do not follow UK trading laws. Still fighting for a refund for a hideous item I returned. Their address is Room 906 168 Suixi Road Heifi City China. Trading standards need to force the removal of their "UK" website. Wish I had read reviews before purchase but hopefully my experience will warn others. They are scamming cancer victims of which I am one. Despicable.
bobm242
August 15th, 2017
Same as all the other reviews. Ordered a "hand tied 100% human hair" wig. Hand tied maybe but in clumps! A sort of ginger colour and nothing like the picture. It was humiliating! Looked worse than the £5 fancy dress shop wigs. At over £100 I wasn't having it and asked for a refund. I got the same as everyone else an offer of a discount a remake. Eventually they accepted a return which I had to pay £10 to post and then they knocked off £20 restocking fee.
I do hope people see these reviews before they think about buying and not make the same costly mistake as I did.
patriciah170
October 13th, 2017
I want to return the awful wig I received back and get a refund I wish to god I never purchased it and will make sure the people I know doesn't fall
valeenj
September 19th, 2017
Nothing like the photos and reviews they put on their web site, they looked like something out of a joke shop and I found out to my cost that they are in China so no return address or phone number to contact them on. If you buy from this company you will throw your money down the drain. Val Jones
tonyb170
July 26th, 2017
Do not touch these people. They look as though they operate from the UK. They don't. They have no UK office and operate this scam from China. After a month I have still not received the wig and now from reviews I have seen its unlikely that I will and if I ever did it will be rubbish.
I don't understand why PayPal allow them to operate as through their facility.
jeanm190
July 6th, 2017
These thieves should not be legally allowed to trade. As in agreement with the other reviews, not U.K. based. LIARS. My mums wig came 4 weeks later, not the right colour or style. She looked like rod stewart with it on. Severely crap quality. Unfortunately, she paid with her bank card. She returned it and has the proof that they have received it. They won't respond to any emails sent. There's no number to contact them on. It's highly unlikely she will get her money back. £56. DO NOT BUY. DISHONEST. THEIVES AND LIARS........SCUM
rutho16
July 3rd, 2017
I ordered 3 wigs
they sent me some kind of rubbish
stay away
lucky I ordered through paypal
so I could get my money back
so sad that people are cheating
what you see on the site and what you get are two different things
the wigs I got lok like a broom
they are not worth the box thay were packed in
zhouf
January 2nd, 2018

Tip for consumers: Pay with paypal, don't worry!

vickyj13
November 10th, 2017
This wig is AMAZING! It's so beautiful and soft, and it really does look natural. I expected something to just wear a few to times to cons, BUT I WANT TO WEAR IT IN EVERYDAY LIFE TOO! It's more than I expected and I really love it. Thank you!
diannes38
June 1st, 2017
no stars if I had my way, ordered a wig 12th April, no tags on it, like a birds nest, too much hair, and it was like a ginger colour, I ordered a blonde. after all this time as of todays date 1st June, I got my refund in full without postage, I had to pay £9.00 to return to make sure they got it. Giving me loads of... I will give you 50% if you keep it errrmm no thanks. must have had a about 12 emails back and fourth

Tip for consumers: S T A Y A W A Y, DONT EVEN BOTHER LOOKING ON WEBSITE, THERE'S PLENTY OF GOOD ONLINE SHOPPING FOR WIGS

martinh96
June 8th, 2017
Ordered a wig for my wife. It took almost three weeks to arrive. When it did, OMG it was horrendous. The wrong colour, the wrong style, loads too much hair and to be frank it looked like a dead cat! I've sent messages via the website and also by email requesting the return address to send it back, and all have been ignored. Now going to try PayPal, my bank and Trading Standards to see if I can recover anything. Avoid these charlatans. NIL Stars from me!
lorrainem48
April 29th, 2017
Absolute rip off company preying on vulnerable people. Wigs in no way resemble pictures or colours, are not human hair and only fit for halloween. The company also deliberately lie in the FAQs by stating they are a U.K. based company when in fact they are in China. Absolutely disgusted by their actions and caused a lot of unecessary additional stress for my terminally ill mother in trying to get refunded via PayPal, at our expense for return. Was not letting them away with it though. PayPal were not helpful either though and should ban them!
jeanb85
March 24th, 2017
NEVER BUY A WIG FROM WIGSMART. I paid for speedy delivery. My two wigs eventually arrived 6 weeks later. I contacted them via e Mail about 15 times to ask what was happening about my order and was fobbed off with pathetic excuses. When my wigs did eventually arrive, OMG!!!! they looked like something you would buy in a joke shop. I took them to my hairdresser who was horrified. He managed to salvage one but the other is unwearable and I am now in the process of trying to obtain a refund. Wigsmart company is a scam organisation. PLEASE WE WARNED and NEVER purchase from them.
ausraa
May 24th, 2017
Ordered item who arrived only after two weeks (had to email them about missing order) and the wig was in disgusting bright pink colour and I ordered WHITE!!!! The wig itself looks very cheap and poor quality, nothing like it's advertised on the picture. Now I believe it will take me ages to get my money back (and don't forget returns are payable by customer)...So so disappointed and would not recommend this company to anyone. Avoid it!!!!!
karenm316
March 20th, 2017
I've lost my hair through Chemo.and needed a wig
After having no luck in My local department store.I decided to get one through Wigdmart.I ordered a beautifully stylish bobbed wig ordered in Burgundy Color.What Igot was totally different.A mass of orangey Ginger wavy looking with.it was Dreadful.I emailed Wigs mart and they have said I have to take a picture of the Wig. So they can see what the problem is.they sent the Wrong colour.And it doesn't look like the picture.I'm devastated
I'm hoping for a Refund. But to be honest. Not holding out much hope
angelah106
April 3rd, 2017
how long is delivery from the UK to Spain for a human hair wig?
I ordered a wig on line today for delivery to Spain.
Also do you send directions on how to put the wig on etc.
debbiek46
February 22nd, 2017
I ordered what looked like a gorgeous platinum blonde bobbed wig for £65.00 from what I believed was a UK web site.
A couple of weeks later this short, ginger monstrosity arrived which looked like Anne Robinson on a bad hair day. It was nothing like the style or colour I had ordered.
I contacted Wigsmart "customer services" straight away explaining they had sent me the wrong order and for them to provide a postage-paid returns label so I could send it back for a refund, as it was THEIR mistake.
They asked me to send them a photo of the wig as they claimed it was what I had ordered. So I sent them a screen shot of the wig on their web site as well as a copy of my order so they could see for certain the style and colour of what I had been expecting. I also sent a photo of what I received.
They said they could not accept the wig back because it was "custom made" for me and they had lost money making the wig. I told them it was NOT was was advertised and NOT what I had ordered and I demanded a refund.
They followed with a series of nonsensical emails, some of which were obviously copied and pasted from previous emails, irrespective of my comments or questions. They all contained the annoying "we hope for your understanding" as well as the ungrammatical "for your order, the wig is indeed produced with the colour you chose" even though the screen shots and photos showed to the contrary.
It was obvious they had no intention of helping me, so I reported them to PayPal, and sent PayPal copies of my order, the photos and the series of ridiculous replies.
PayPal found in my favour and obtained a return address for me. I did have to pay £9.75 to send the item Royal Mail international tracked, but once I had sent the tracking number to PayPal the £65.00 was refunded within a couple of weeks.
The whole experience has made me a wiser person, and now I always seek out customer reviews for any online company before buying from them for the first time.
gerardl36
April 19th, 2017
This site has some wonderful photos of wonderful wigs including pictures of Joan Collins. Do not be fooled! The wigs they are providing have no resemblance to the ones pictured, and as for the sizing that is a joke! They are very large!
The wigs come from China and are very poor quality. Ideal for wearing to a fancy dress party but that is about all!
I have alopecia and have been wearing wigs since 1999. I have always purchased them from Trendco and have been satisfied but was taken in by the internet advertising and too good to be true prices at Wigsmart. There is no U.K telephone number to ring and contact is only by email. I have paid over £100 for two wigs that I could not wear without looking ridiculous! I have written it off as a bad experience after reading the trouble that people have had trying to get their money back from this Company. I have not even bothered to contact them but want to warn others to avoid this Company and be careful who you purchase from. This Company are making money out of people's misfortune. They need to be stopped.
ritaa26
May 22nd, 2017
www.wigsmart.co.uk offered me #50 and asked that I dye the hair, I refused and insisted I get my full refund. PayPal's has advised me that they would give me refund as soon as I send the package and provide a tracking number which they can use to track the package until it is delivered. They also said that I would need to send it to the address PayPal will supply which is the address that the company has provided to PayPal. PayPal was not immediately able to send it to me because the address was in Chinese so they needed to translate it and once translated they will send it to me. I waited a few days and much to my shock they sent an email saying the case was closed and that the tracking number I provided was invalid. I called to query this and the case was reopened. They then supplied me an address in China that was consistent with what the Wigsmart had given me. PayPal also said I had to use one of their preferred the Courier UPS, DHL and one other which I cannot recall. I opted for UPS and once I put the dimensions of the package to obtain a quote on their website, it was going to cost #53.50 to post. I called PayPal to complain, the operator said I could use Parcel Monkey which may be cheaper and that I can use any Parcel Delivery company that can provide a Tracking number. This is different from what I was told in the beginning. I am yet to consult with Parcel Monkey. I paid #7 for postage and packaging and it was delivered by a courier company so why should it cost me anymore than that to send it back? PayPal has offered me a refund of #15 towards my returns cost and a full refund, I hope this will be enough. What I do not understand is why PayPal will continue to do business with this company when there is a history of this sort of Fraud with them. Anyone reading this must ask PayPal to discontinue its association with this company. I have also logged a complaint with Action Fraud. Everyone should do the same. This is the second time I have experienced an issue such as this. The pattern is the same which means it is a tried and tested fraud process. Requesting #7 for P&P would suggest that they have accomplices in mainland Britain posting their orange monstrosity to victims at no real cost but to return it you will have to return it to their "Factory". Hogwash! I will post again to update on Parcel Monkey and the continued Saga with PayPal. The buyer said I should post it by normal postage but what they do not tell you is that once you lodge a claim and you do this, they can claim not to have received it and you would have lost your money because you will no longer be covered by PayPal guarantee. BUYERS BEWARE!
actara
June 14th, 2017
I order an item from them after couple of weeks delay and chasing it up finaly they post the item. When the item arrived it was total different from the picture on thier websuite and the attacvhment type was diffrent too.
I request an explanation, their response was you need to style it yourself. But that was not what I have seen on the photo and the attachment was different too. They first refuse to refund my money and i had to send so many emails and explain that it was their fault to begin.
After a few weeks the refund the money excluding the £7.00 postage fee. They are still rejecting to refund me for the postage fee.

It is not worth it at all. The most crook company I aware work with.

the products photos and the attachment do not match the actual items.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Wigsmart.co.uk staff and other customers.

Wigsmart.co.uk is The UK's Biggest Supplier of Wigs, Human Hair Wigs, Lace Front Wigs, Hand Tied Wigs, Afircan American Wigs. All Wigs Sale Up To 50% Off, Join And Save Now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wigsmart.co.uk?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.3
Have a question about Wigsmart.co.uk?