Review of Wigsmart.co.uk

SITE CLOSED
service@wigsmart.co.uk

kenb324
5/6/19

Their products work well, but they don't pay much attention to the brand. I can't open their website. I hope they can improve

phineec
3/17/19

I purchased the wigs due to loosing my hair after chemotherapy.
Upon the understanding Wigsmart was a UK company I bought two wigs, I ordered honey blond in standard size's. On arrival one of them was dark brown and the other was at least two inches bigger than what I ordered. They also looked like what one would buy for fancy dress.
I was offered replacements but declined when I was told I would have to return them to China.
It took at least twenty emails to actually make them understand I was determined to get a full refund, due to their bad service.
They refunded my money less £40 handling fees. I persisted on a full refund and threatened them I was going to report them to PayPal. Eventuality they stopped replying to my emails, so I took the matter up with Paypal and received a full refund.
However I lost the £15.00 I paid to return them to China but I considered it a small loss in the circumstances .
Avoid these horrible people, their website looks very professional but they're just a bunch of cheats. Incidently the returns address in China turned out to be a cheap backstreet hotel room. "I Googled it"

Tip for consumers: Non

azariam1
7/19/18

Avoid, Avoid Avoid. Just lost £360.00. Awful site, complete scam from China, wish I came across this before sending any money. They have even block my emails to them. Please, please do not use. If you want a lovely hairpiece use Irresistible Me an American site which I have been using for years. The site complete fooled me. Very sophisticate to lure in.

brendag161
5/15/18

Please avoid this company. After several weeks I have managed to obtain a refund but not before having to threaten naming and shaming them on BBC Watchdog, Trading Standards, investigation by the police and instigating court proceedings. They really do not like refunds and if the "manager" agrees to refund, they try to deduct £20 handling fee. Please do not give up. They are preying on vulnerable people and they need exposing. I am not au fait with Facebook, but if everyone could name and shame them and ask people to share, it may prevent other people from being scammed and losing money. Please, please do not give up on obtaining a refund as that is what they hope people will do. JUST PERSERVERE!!!
Not sure if Erica is an actual person or a robot being controlled by the "manager"!!

samiae
4/13/18

i was sent a different wig, poor quality and different colour! I tried to get a refund from Paypal unfortunately couldn't, learnt my lesson I will use a credit card. Please avoid this site and read the reviews for confirmation. All the reviews on the actual website are clearly fake!

dorothyp32
4/7/18

Paypal did the business and finally got wigsmart to pay up I got a full refund so don't give up keep pushing.Don't be fooled by the UK address of Wigsmart it is a front it is all done through China.

cp128
3/8/18

Bought a wig online. The wig that arrived was horrific. Immediately requested a refund, they kept fobbing us off, didn't provide a return address, insisted they would have to charge a restocking fee. Contacted Nationwide to request they help, they provided no assistance at all, they just said to accept the restocking fee and send it back for the refund. Kept badgering and eventually got a Chinese return address, they said to send back tracked = cost prohibitive. Steer clear of these scammers, and don't expect any help from your bank, who have managed to make themselves look as bad as the scammers by being so unhelpful.

amandaj118
1/25/18

people this is a scam. do not buy from this company online. please read all reviews online

I wish I did and I got scammed

zhouf
1/2/18

Great choice of wigs and wonderful service. Prompt response to queries and beautifully presented goods. look forward to my next purchase!

Tip for consumers: Pay with paypal, don't worry!

keithw95
12/30/17

This company comes up as one of the top hits n UK searches, but it is not a uk company. The postal address on order despatches is fake (the despatcher is 'Mr Hu', which says it all, and the address is that if a different but legit air-freight-forwarding company who have never heard of Wigsmart), and there is no uk postal address on their site or on any accompanying invoice (in fact there is not invoice with the despatched term. The wig I received did not match colour or description, and was more of a joke-shop/comedy wig than anything (a) I ordered (b) I might want. It arrived late after I chased the company. The company replies to e-mail correspondence, but in that trying-hard-to-please way of mainland Chinese suppliers that frustrates the hell out of you. They want to offer a replacement, but of course having received an item that does not resemble the advertised item you really can't be arsed to waste your time.

janetn33
12/27/17

After ordering a wig £63 and waiting weeks for it , they sent me a reject wouldn't even call a wig !!! . I contacted them straight away only to be told I had done things to the wig,they refused to give me a return address and refused a full refund it was less than a month and suppose to give you a full refund do not take your custom to this con of a company they just want your money .

vickyj13
11/10/17

This wig is AMAZING! It's so beautiful and soft, and it really does look natural. I expected something to just wear a few to times to cons, BUT I WANT TO WEAR IT IN EVERYDAY LIFE TOO! It's more than I expected and I really love it. Thank you!

fionas22
10/24/17

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. They are not a UK company and they do not follow UK trading laws. Still fighting for a refund for a hideous item I returned. Their address is Room 906 168 Suixi Road Heifi City China. Trading standards need to force the removal of their "UK" website. Wish I had read reviews before purchase but hopefully my experience will warn others. They are scamming cancer victims of which I am one. Despicable.

patriciah170
10/13/17

I want to return the awful wig I received back and get a refund I wish to god I never purchased it and will make sure the people I know doesn't fall

valeenj
9/19/17

Nothing like the photos and reviews they put on their web site, they looked like something out of a joke shop and I found out to my cost that they are in China so no return address or phone number to contact them on. If you buy from this company you will throw your money down the drain. Val Jones

bobm242
8/15/17

Same as all the other reviews. Ordered a "hand tied 100% human hair" wig. Hand tied maybe but in clumps! A sort of ginger colour and nothing like the picture. It was humiliating! Looked worse than the £5 fancy dress shop wigs. At over £100 I wasn't having it and asked for a refund. I got the same as everyone else an offer of a discount a remake. Eventually they accepted a return which I had to pay £10 to post and then they knocked off £20 restocking fee.
I do hope people see these reviews before they think about buying and not make the same costly mistake as I did.

tonyb170
7/26/17

Do not touch these people. They look as though they operate from the UK. They don't. They have no UK office and operate this scam from China. After a month I have still not received the wig and now from reviews I have seen its unlikely that I will and if I ever did it will be rubbish.
I don't understand why PayPal allow them to operate as through their facility.

lynnv19
7/26/17

So, it kept popping up onscreen, I ordered two wigs, with hindsite I should have known, the photos are mostly of lovely women with lovely hair, certainly not wigs, there's Raquel Welsh and lots of celebrities, (I wonder what they think of this company using their photos) and then I realised after I'd paid that the company are in China. Still I believed! Can't believe I was so stupid. Until I put two and two together after nearly four weeks passed by without the e mail saying they had been sent. I contacted them to cancel and they said I'd have to pay 40% as they were being made specially. What? So I've contacted PayPal today and hope they'll help me. ??

jeanm190
7/6/17

These thieves should not be legally allowed to trade. As in agreement with the other reviews, not U.K. based. LIARS. My mums wig came 4 weeks later, not the right colour or style. She looked like rod stewart with it on. Severely crap quality. Unfortunately, she paid with her bank card. She returned it and has the proof that they have received it. They won't respond to any emails sent. There's no number to contact them on. It's highly unlikely she will get her money back. £56. DO NOT BUY. DISHONEST. THEIVES AND LIARS........SCUM

rutho16
7/3/17

I ordered 3 wigs
they sent me some kind of rubbish
stay away
lucky I ordered through paypal
so I could get my money back
so sad that people are cheating
what you see on the site and what you get are two different things
the wigs I got lok like a broom
they are not worth the box thay were packed in

maxf39
6/22/17

DO NOT BUY THEIR WIGS! My young daughter, bald because of chemotherapy for her cancer, purchased two wigs for an upcoming family wedding, they cost £170. They took about six weeks to arrive and looked nothing like they should do. They were appalling and caused her great distress. I then entered in correspondence with Wigsmart in an attempt to return them for a full refund. At first they refused to give me their address and consequently went on to tell me they could not offer a refund as the wigs were custom made (this would require a personal fitting, so not true.) They then asked for a sample of my daughters hair (very hurtful) but eventually ofered me £30. which is when I realised that I was dealing with a bunch of cheats and conmen. They eventually gave me their address which was in China. Tired of their dishonesty, I contacted PayPay who activated a dispute. At their requst I sent the wigs back. Unsurprisingly PayPal found in my favour and I received a full refund of £170. Without their support I would have got nothing. This company prey on people, please avoid them. They are dishonest and corrupt.

deborahs123
6/20/17

As said above, I do wish I had done a bit more research before buying from this company, but stupidly, because it had uk after the name I assumed it was in the U.K.!
It is not, it is a company based in China. The wig I ordered took approx 3 weeks to arrive, and believe me it looked absaloutly nothing like the picture. It was the wrong style, much shorter, zero thickness, incorrect colour and was just hideous.
I messaged them via email, as there is no contact number anywhere. They say they will get back in touch within 12 hours...they did not, another two emails and they finally answered. I told them I wished to return the wig, then came a load of excuses saying I should put it on the stand, style it, try it on again, I then explained that no amount of fiddeling with it would make it look like the one illustrated. I told them I was going to pop it into the post to them with or without a returns number ( which they do not give you anyway), and should I send it back to the Swansea address that was on the box. I think they wait until they have a load of orders and then ship to one addresss where they are then distributed, they said no it would have to go back to china. They then offered me a £25 refund, I said no, next email they said I could exchange it, I said no, next email they offered me a £55 refund, I said no! Believe me they make it very difficult, I finally after 7 emails from me got the address and sent it back which cost £13, and I did then receive the refund of £110, but what a battle. Please please do not buy from this company, make sure you buy from one in the U.K, with someone on the end of the phone.
If you are reading this and have been unfortunate enough to be in a similar situation, keep on to them, don't give up, persevere and I am sure you will get your refund. But, I have certainly learnt a lesson!
Deborah June 2017.

actara
6/14/17

I order an item from them after couple of weeks delay and chasing it up finaly they post the item. When the item arrived it was total different from the picture on thier websuite and the attacvhment type was diffrent too.
I request an explanation, their response was you need to style it yourself. But that was not what I have seen on the photo and the attachment was different too. They first refuse to refund my money and i had to send so many emails and explain that it was their fault to begin.
After a few weeks the refund the money excluding the £7.00 postage fee. They are still rejecting to refund me for the postage fee.

It is not worth it at all. The most crook company I aware work with.

the products photos and the attachment do not match the actual items.

martinh96
6/8/17

Ordered a wig for my wife. It took almost three weeks to arrive. When it did, OMG it was horrendous. The wrong colour, the wrong style, loads too much hair and to be frank it looked like a dead cat! I've sent messages via the website and also by email requesting the return address to send it back, and all have been ignored. Now going to try PayPal, my bank and Trading Standards to see if I can recover anything. Avoid these charlatans. NIL Stars from me!

diannes38
6/1/17

no stars if I had my way, ordered a wig 12th April, no tags on it, like a birds nest, too much hair, and it was like a ginger colour, I ordered a blonde. after all this time as of todays date 1st June, I got my refund in full without postage, I had to pay £9.00 to return to make sure they got it. Giving me loads of... I will give you 50% if you keep it errrmm no thanks. must have had a about 12 emails back and fourth

Tip for consumers: S T A Y A W A Y, DONT EVEN BOTHER LOOKING ON WEBSITE, THERE'S PLENTY OF GOOD ONLINE SHOPPING FOR WIGS

Questions? Get answers from the Wigsmart.co.uk staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Wigsmart.co.uk