Review of Singtel Wavee

customerservice@shoebacca.com

6 reviews with 2 stars

pierrettec
2/19/11

After "winning" a auction bid on Wavee January 7, 2011...I am still waiting on delivery of the product...estimated shipping date went from February 22 to March 18, 2011. I don't really expect to see it! I would not recommend this bid site to anyone! Stupid me !

chucks
12/30/10

I have read many reviews from unhappy Wavee.com users. The most common comments were "It's a Scam" and "I didn't know they were going to bill my credit card right away". When I visited the site, I simply watched for a while to see what the "protocol" was. I read the agreement terms in detail and was prepared to spend the initial (non-refundable) $75 for 120 bid tokens (they call credits) just to see if I could get in on some of the apparent "Deals" that were shown. I signed up, they billed my CC for the $75 and I began bidding. I started slow, bid on a few "credit packs" to increase my pool of credits. I won an additional 120 credits, spending less than 20 of my initial credits in the process. So now, armed with just over 220 credits, I started bidding on real items. I won a Black & Decker Stainless Steel Coffee Grinder valued at $19.95 for 75 cents and spent 12 credits in the process (free credits so far). I then won a Linksys Wireless Broadband Router valued at $79.99 for $1.75 which took 20 credits (still working on the free ones). OK, time to move up to the big stuff... I began bidding on an Apple MacBook Air computer. This is where things got a bit tougher. There are many more people bidding on the "high ticket" items than there were for the previous ones. To make a very long story short, I spent a total of 32 hours on the site (getting a bit of sleep at intervals along the way), I blew the credits I had accumulated and had to buy 120 more for an additional $75 because I wasn't about to give up on the time and money I had invested thus far. I finally DID WIN the MacBook Air, valued at $1,199.00 for $347.17 and it took almost all of my remaining credits to win. I saved over $700 in all but the experience was a lesson learned. It takes a great deal of time (the higher cost item, the more time you need to allocate), LOTS of patience, credits and yes, lots of LUCK to win. You have to be smart in your bidding (I laid back in the weeds for a long time, waiting until the savings reached 60% before bidding heavily) and above all, you really need to be LUCKY so that everyone else gives up before you do. Now that I've used my credits, I'm done with Wavee.com and the stress and hassle that goes along with trying to win things for a great price. Was it worth my time? Well... the jury is still out on that one. I have received the Coffee Grinder, I expect the Router within the next couple of days, and if the MacBook Air arrives within the next week or so, then the whole experience will ALMOST be worth it. I won't be using Wavee.com ever again so in hindsight, maybe it wasn't. My advice to you: Be aware of what you're getting yourself in to before you start. Good Luck!

maddyb
11/27/10

Anything is a scam if there are chances that you may never win ! I am hypothetically assuming that Wavee is a genuine website without any in house or dummy bidders from the company side for my analysis below. There following points (from the Terms and Conditions page) about this site suggest that the chances you win are meagre:

1.) Credits expire in 6 months of purchase. By that time if you don't figure out how to win or if there are too many people bidding then your money is gone even if you want to use it for a later time.
2.) Soon the situation will be that the site is so popular that you have very less chance on any auction and hence you don't bid and Wavee makes all the money (6 month time limit).
3.) Wavee can limit number of auctions you can take part, hence youre chances of winning are limited
4.) Wavee can limit the number of auctions you have won. Means if you win 20 auctions. Wavee can say hey you have won enough, stop!
5.) There are no instant auctions for big items. Auctions for big items are scheduled. You can't setup a auction at 2:30 am and have only yourself on a 500$ item auction.
6.) They may replace the item which was in the auction with a equivalent product, if they don't have the original item with them. If you put a Panasonic HDC-HS60 on auction and give a JVC as a replacement, why will I bid again?
7.) If you win a auction but don't pay up for the product, your account may be terminated or you may face legal action (this may apply to even Wavee Bid Bundles for new members)
8.) I cannot check Auctions ended before 7 days prior to today. If I don't find my product in those 7 day auctions then how will I build my strategy for the next auction of that product.
9.) There is no limit on how much you can bet for a auction. Today I saw a member who spent $668.25 on bids and has to pay an extra bid amount of $135.61 ($803.86 in total) for the item priced at $299.99! .See the details below. If there can maniacs like this who will go to any extent to win (maybe thinking they will win big in another auction or are downright dumb) then can me or you win ?

XBox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle
Retail Value: $299.99

Final Bid: $135.61
Cost of Bids: $668.25
Total Cost: $803.86

10.) Last but the easiest point is that they don't have mazon.com or Macys gift cards. After all the members on the site are shoppers. Wavee has only a lousy $25 Starbucks gift card and a Wavee gift card. If Wavee doesnt have any products in its inventory as the order statusses on many winners suggest then we are buying fake stuff with real money!

On the other hand, I never put my CC details on the website still got the 5 free credits. Once you sign up with out giving your CC information anywhere, login and click on your user name at the top of the site. You will be taken to a web page to edit your profile. A link there will ask you your telephone numner and a verification code will be sent to your phone using which you can claim 5 free credits !

I agree with the point that this is nothing but gambling. If you want to play think a lot, watch for few days then take the stage.

edythl
11/19/10

DON'T REALLY HAVE ONE RIGHT KNOW WANTED TO SEE WHAT OTHERS ARE THINKING? hOPING i DIDN'T ALREADY WASTE MY $50.00.

fullerp
10/7/10

As some people already said, it is trying to lure people to purchase $179 credit package. There wasn't any confirm page that you will purchase that credits. Also, email customer service, had to wait more then 48 hours (as stated 24-48) to get a non sense reply email. Their process of bidding is very QUESTIONABLE. After trying to bit few items, I notice that many times the word "PROCESSING...." stands there for about two seconds (the clock runs down to 0 for two seconds). It seems to wait for others to bid rather than letting the last bidder won. I also happened to won one and got the credit charged but it has been more than 10 days, the item is still in processing, not ship yet. When I won that item, the clock stood on 0 for less than a second and I won. I think they set it up to let you win and also, who know that they would have a fake bidder just to raise the bid. Don't joint this site. WAVEE is SCAM.

tinar2
9/22/10

I was definitely not thrilled to see another scam-like penny auction. But I must admit that I like their color scheme. Also the setup of the site is very futuristic. I think that I would like to take this site and just use it for something more constructive. Like a charity platform for trekkies :)

Also what is the deal with wavee, these days companies seem content to dumb us down with phrases like, biggie, trekie, and other ee's. What happened to more creative names?

Wavee.com also use fake news sites with fake testimonials to advertise: http://www.scamraiders.com/forum/topics/swipebids-are-scam-artists?commentId=3175695:Comment:18343&xg_source=msg_com_forum Report them to the FTC: https://ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

By Mike H.
Questions? Get answers from the Singtel Wavee staff and other customers.

Singtel Wavee?